Behind the Bash Catering & Events Reviews

119 | Richmond, TX

119 Reviews for Behind the Bash Catering & Events

BTB catering was definitely the best choice I made in wedding planning. The food was AMAZING, and all of our guests raved about the food and drinks. Food was served hot and fresh. Rachel is also the perfect person to work with- she has such a great personality and really wants to please you and make sure she is doing exactly what you want. I can't say enough good things about BTB, go with them- you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/30/2013

Jackie · Married on 03/08/2013

We used Behind the Bash for our wedding food and alcohol, as required when signing a contract to use The Parador. We received so many compliments on the food at our wedding, and Rebekah, our coordinator, was fantastic. I don't know how people get married without her to direct everything! I actually think that the food at our wedding was better than what we had at our tasting. I was so impressed, and would not hesitate to recommend them for wedding or general events catering to anyone.

Sent on 03/20/2013

Everything was great from start to finish! Constant communication, reasonable prices, and hassle free! Food was outstanding...we had the BBQ, white truffle mac and cheese, green beans, salad, jalapeno cornbread, buffalo nachos and southwest eggrolls! Everyone we spoke with said the food was some of the best they had ever had and I couldnt agree more. Highly recommended!

Sent on 02/22/2013

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2012

Working with Mysti and Behind the Bash was one of the smartest decisions I made regarding our wedding. We had our wedding at home, which has the potential to become a logistical nightmare, but Mysti and her team relieved us of so much stress because they really know how to organize an event. The set-up decor was more beautiful than I expected, and I heard that they left my dad's kitchen positively spotless after they left. Great food, great company to work with. Would recommend them wholeheartedly to anyone planning a home wedding.

Sent on 10/24/2012

Christine · Married on 09/29/2012

They make some of the best food ever! Not to exaggerate, but they make amazing food and pair it with impecable service. The staff were invisible but always at hand, and everything was perfectly executed. The cocktail hour foods were amazing, and the main dishes even better!! We ended up having two tastings since we were so indecisive and they were very accommodating. The food definitely doesn't taste anything like your typical wedding food and we received tons and tons of compliments on it. We highly recommend behind the bash!

Sent on 10/21/2012

We would choose Behind the Bash again and again and again! Our guests raved about the food, especially the pecan crusted chicken and ancho chile creamed corn. They so thoughtfully plated two dishes for us to enjoy alone for a ten-minute break in the bridal room and then packed food for us to enjoy that night! It was delicious. Above all, we LOVED working with Mysti and Rebekah. I had created a number of details that needed to be set up the day of the wedding, and Behind the Bash did it beautifully. They believed with me that it wouldn't rain, and, just in case, they prepped us for an indoor ceremony. They kept us on schedule, instructed us thoroughly, and kept the party going. Mysti was especially incredible; I would send her long emails of questions and she would thoughtfully process them, answering one by one in full detail. They helped create a signature drink for us, since I'm not really a bartender, but I wanted my guests to enjoy a drink. They met with me for two hours before the wedding, fleshing out the details. They were incredible!! Mysti and Rebekah know how to do their job!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Kara · Married on 08/18/2012

WONDERFUL FOOD AND SERVICE! I would highly recommend them :)

Sent on 09/25/2012

Kay · Married on 06/23/2012

Rachel and her staff were great! The food was fabulous!!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Laura · Married on 06/23/2012

The food at our wedding was amazing! We heard nothing but good things from all of our guests.

Sent on 08/06/2012

Priscillla · Married on 06/08/2012

We had our wedding at The Parador and Behind the Bash provided the catering. Behind the Bash did an amazing job with the catering. The food was delicious! Our family & guest were extremely pleased with the food and service as well. Mysti did wonderful with organizing everything to make sure it was all perfect for our event.I didn't have to worry about anything that day because Mysti took care of everything! I would definitely recommend Behind the Bash for your event! I couldn't have chosen anyone better!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Mary Ann · Married on 06/01/2012

BTB was the caterer for my daughter's wedding at Briscoe Manor. We had attended a tasting and were verypleased with that event..the food the night of the wedding was even better! Our guests have raved about the beef tenderloin and the shrimp cocktail. Workign with rachel was easy and effortless for me!

All went very well and could not have been more pleased!

Sent on 06/21/2012

McKenna · Married on 05/11/2012

I am not one to give all 5's on a review but Mysti and her team
    Go above and beyond. Not only is the food great but the addition of Mysti to coordinate is a HUGE plus. Brides.... Look no further!!!!

Sent on 08/08/2012

Amie · Married on 04/06/2012

Rachel is an excellent chef. All of the food was amazing. Everyone said the food was delicious. The bar tenders were prepared with specialty cocktails

Sent on 04/24/2012

Erin · Married on 03/31/2012

My experience with Behind the Bash was great, it made my special day just perfect! Thanks again to Mysti and staff!

Sent on 08/10/2012
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 03/10/2012

We got married at Briscoe Manor and were fortunate enough that Rachel Plunkett and the Behind the Bash team were their on site catering company. We used Rachel for our pre ceremony catering, and all ceremony needs (bar & food). We loved working with Rachel and seeing all our different menu options. She definitely gives you the most bang for your buck. Not only were we able to take her menus and customize them, but she even let us create some of our own items to fit our guests taste. We had several guests with food allergies or gluten free accommodations, Rachel made sure that she fit everyones needs. We could not believe the amount of food we were given for our wedding-- and how AMAZING it all tasted. Everyone kept complimenting us on how they had never had such amazing food before at a wedding and everything was presented so beautifully. Not to mention BTB gives you all the extra food to take home at the end of the night to enjoy later! We loved working with Rachel Plunkett and her crew!

Sent on 03/26/2012

S · Married on 03/04/2012

We had a large wedding, 350 people. This might be difficult for some caterers however, Behind the Bash made it seem effortless. The food was fresh, hot and tasted amazing. The menu choices are varied and abundant. It was some of the best food I have ever had!! Thank you, Behind the Bash, for making our reception something special!!

Sent on 04/01/2012

Leslie · Married on 02/18/2012

When asked what one word I would use to describe the wedding of my dreams, my word is DELICIOUS. If you are a foodie like my husband and I you will have to use Rachel at Behind the Bash. She and her team will go as simple or Top Chef crazy as you like. From the signiture cocktails, to the amuse bouche, to the absolutely award winning truffled mac and cheese. We got sooo many compliments on the incredible service and quality of the food. Rachel is so great at making sure you will get exactly what you want and won't stop until you do. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM!!

Sent on 04/15/2012

Lindsay · Married on 02/18/2012

I absolutely loved Behind the Bash! They gave me so many options and all of the food was amazing! Mysti was so helpful and the best day of coordinator. I would certainly recommend them to anyone and would love to have a party with them in the future!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Erika · Married on 12/04/2011

The food was good. Everyone talks about it when they speak of the reception. The empanadas were AWESOME!!!!

Sent on 12/27/2011

Patricia · Married on 04/09/2011

A rating of 5 is not high enough. We attended two food tasting and could not wait for the day of our event to continue to enjoy this deliciously prepared menu. Rachael and her team do an absolutely excellent job. Not only is the food good, but the presentation is just breath taking. We also enjoyed the seated synchronized service which then took it to a whole new level. Truly enjoyed meeting and working with Rachel through this entire experience. Great group of people. Thanks for helping make this event all that we had expected.

Sent on 04/21/2011

Jennifer · Married on 01/22/2011

Food was fantastic! Everything they make is delicious! My parents, Stephen, and I went for a tasting and could not believe how everything we tasted was absolutely wonderful. You cannot go wrong with anything on their menu.

Mistie, our event coordinator, was on top of everything! She took the time to meet with us at the venue, understand our style and what we wanted. She met with us for the tasting. She worked with my mom. She kept us on track at the reception! She thought of everything and checked on everything. My mom and I could truly relax and enjoy every moment of our celebration.

My only complaint is that it was all over too soon! We had a ball!

Behind the Bash is excellent at what they do. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 04/20/2011

Karen · Married on 01/15/2011

Some of the best wedding reception food I've eaten. We were going to have to vegan guests attended and they were more than willing to provide a vegan friendly meal for those two guests. The food was delicious and we heard compliment after compliment from guests over it!

Sent on 09/25/2011
  • X

Mary · Married on 01/08/2011

BTB was amazing and the food was spectacular. I had guest come up to me all night to tell me how much they enjoyed the food. Rachel is an awesome person to work with and she makes everything so easy so you do not have to stress on your wedding day! I loved it!

Sent on 01/17/2011

Paul · Married on 06/06/2010

Although Pricey, they did come through with wonderful service, which we received countless compliments for, for weeks!

Sent on 07/30/2010
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 05/22/2010

Mysti with Behind the Bash was great!! I got so many compliments on how good the food was. It was amazing and having Mysti as our coordinator helped out so much. We were able to enjoy our day while she took care of everything else!

Sent on 06/03/2010