Behind the Bash Catering & Events Reviews

119 | Richmond, TX

119 Reviews for Behind the Bash Catering & Events

Jane Evans · Getting married on 06/05/2021

Exceeded expectations!

Behind the Bash exceeded our expectations!!! Rachel and Jennifer were incredible to work with and responded promptly to every request. They were so patient and thorough in addressing all our questions and they satisfied every need. The Filet, Chicken Briscoe, Truffle Mac N Cheese, roasted potatoes, seasonal veggies and Greek salad were just outstanding. All of our guests commented on how good the food was. They organized the buffet so all 160 people were served within 20 minutes. Behind the Bash was VERY easy to communicate with, worked within our budget and went above and beyond to make our daughter's wedding day special! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM, WITHOUT RESERVATION!!!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Chandler Romere · Married on 01/25/2020

Incredible Experience

We loved everything about Behind the Bash for our daughter's wedding. They were so flexible and accommodating, and everything was delicious. They have so many catering choices available, and each and every item we tasted was fantastic. It made it hard to choose, but what a good problem to have!

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/18/2019

Incredible!!!

Rachel and Jennifer at Behind the Bash were unbelievable. Interestingly enough, it just started "okay" because we went to a large tasting out in Richmond, but they didn't have a lot of the stuff we had wanted to try. From there, WOW - Jennifer met me at somewhere on multiple occasions to give me samples of what we'd wanted. By "sample", I mean multiple chicken breasts or a whole tray of appetizers, not just one or two bites. Rachel was phenomenal to work with, not only with the specific food we wanted, but helping us keep it within our budget. On the big day, BTB came early and stayed late, and their staff went almost unnoticed by anyone (they were that good). I can't rave enough about the food - all of our guests had full, happy stomachs. I usually find wedding food to be pretty "meh", but I could've eaten everything they had for weeks. Tip: the bacon wrapped shrimp, the Chicken Briscoe, and the truffle mac and cheese are not to be missed. 5 stars all across the board.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 03/30/2019

Incredible food, amazing service, a caterer that truly cares about each and every wedding!

We couldn’t be happier that we chose Behind the Bash for our wedding. Everyone says that people judge a wedding is based on how good the food is, and I have no doubt that our guests loved ours. I know because they told us. To this day, I still think back on the food we had and how happy I was that we made sure we had the chance to eat it. It was honestly hard to pick the final menu for our wedding because everything at our tasting was so delicious. We ended up adding a late night snack just because the mac-and-cheese was THAT GOOD. BTB was so wonderful to work with. They came highly recommended from my planner, and now I can see why. I even had a special request for peach cobbler (my favorite dessert), and they made it happen. I would recommend BTB to anyone!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Jenny Greger · Married on 02/23/2019

Fantastic food and service

Rachel and her team did such a fantastic job with the food. We got to meet Rachel with a tasting and saw the variety of her menu. The food was fantastic and she easily accommodates food allergies. She also told us about a group tasting where we were able to see set up and try more food choices. This was so helpful in planning the menu. Her display is just as good as her food. She provided passed appetizers that were easy to eat and such cute presentation during the cocktail hour and then we had a yummy plated salad that gave people something to eat while they waited their turn for the buffet. I have been to many weddings and the way they got people through the buffet line was amazing. No one had to wait long at all. Our wedding was in Round Top, Texas and everything was done on site. The food was so tender and fresh. People are still raving about it. We also wanted a late night snack as not much is open in Round Top after hours. Rachel came up with Whataburger treats with the cutest What-a-wedding sticker on them. They were the highlight I think. The other great things is that she had a kids menu and brought the food to the table for the kids so they didn't have to stand in line. The people with gluten allergies could easily tell what was gluten free for them to eat and she catered to the bride and groom the whole night. She also had them treats packed up to take with them as well as for us the parents of the bride. So so very pleased with every attention to detail that was taken.

Sent on 02/27/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 12/07/2018

Best food ever

I got married at Briscoe Manor on 12/07/18. Rachel Plunkett is so amazing and so sweet. She helped us customize our dream menu for our wedding. She even went over some napkin designs to make everything look more elegant. Everyone LOVED the food and was so impressed with everything. Behind the Bash is top notch and I highly recommend them! The pecan crusted chicken and south west egg rolls are to die for!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Rylan · Married on 01/20/2018

Derek and myself got married at Briscoe Manor on January 20th, 2018 and Behind the Bash was our catering service. Hands down the greatest service out there. From the very start of the planning, Rachel made everything perfect and easy. From the taste testing, to the day of, the food was tremendous. We are still receiving calls and texts from our guest telling us how amazing and yummy the food was. If you are looking for an efficient, hardworking catering company, Behind the Bash is your go to!! I recommend them 100%. Thank y’all for making our day so memorable with the food and drinks.

Sent on 03/21/2018

The BEST food I have ever tasted at a wedding. I was so excited Briscoe Manor works with Behind the Bash Catering because the food is truly to die for, and working with Rachel was a breeze!! The pecan crusted chicken, and tenderloin carving station were a HIT. Not to mention the crab cakes, beef wellington, and bacon wrapped shrimp were all anyone was talking about even after the wedding!! They had PLENTY of food. They never ran out of appetizers during cocktail hour, guests were able to enjoy and have their fill, which was really important to us. I HIGHLY recommend booking Behind the Bash!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Kristyn · Married on 12/10/2016

Absolutely DELICIOUS food for our wedding at Briscoe Manor on 12/10/16!!! You can't go wrong with the pecan crusted chicken and truffle mac and cheese. Everyone that was at our wedding is still talking about how awesome the food was. Thank you!! Merry Christmas!

Sent on 12/25/2016

Valerie · Married on 10/22/2016

Rachel at BTB was wonderful to work with. I wanted to taste one of the entrees before we selected it, but it was not served at the open house tasting. Rachel coordinated so that I could pick up a sample before another wedding they had scheduled that was serving the same meal. It wouldn't have mattered. Everything BTB served was delicious from the appetizers (steak and stuffed mushrooms) to the salad, jalapeno cornbread stuffed port loin and the Briscoe Chicken. Everything was absolutely wonderful. We had many compliments. I knew they would deliver great food so it was one less thing to worry about during the planning process. Thank you Rachel for wonderful service and even better food!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Sydney · Married on 09/24/2016

Rachel was sweet and easy to work with! We had a fun and tasty first meeting and everything we picked for our wedding day was even better than I remembered! Our guests were so delighted by the food choices and are still raving to this day! We also used their bar service and the staff was helpful and professional! Absolutely worth every penny!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Condra · Married on 08/05/2016

Food was fabulous! Even some of our most picky guests loved it. They even packed my hubby and I with a to-go bag with tons of food to enjoy. Servers and bartenders rocked! Thanks for helping in making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Emily · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I first heard of Behind the Bash when they catered my brother's wedding in October 2015 at Briscoe Manor. We loved the BBQ they had and decided to have them cater our wedding at Pecan Springs. The food was fantastic! Definitely one of the high points to our wedding. Everything from the appetizers to the BBQ dinner to the service was perfect. We had beer battered asparagus, pork quesadillas, teriyaki chicken lollipops and Cajun grilled shrimp with risotto in mini mason jars as appetizers and each one was absolutely delicious! Rachel was a pleasure to work with and really knows what she is doing. All of her staff were on top of it all night, especially when we had to switch the ceremony and cocktail hour due to the rain. I would highly recommend Behind the Bash to cater your wedding.

Sent on 06/07/2016

Thank you, Rachel and staff for the fabulous meal at our daughter's wedding on Saturday. I have people emailing me today asking me who did the fantastic catering - I promise, I am recommending you to EVERYONE who asks. The food was beautifully prepared, presented and served and it was mouth-watering and delicious. Thank you for making hospitality to our guests your priority.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Anysia · Married on 01/09/2016

Had an amazing experience with behind the bash catering. The food was amazing and they offered several packages to choose from.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Joanne · Married on 10/03/2015

Everything about Behind the Bash was amazing. The food was SO good. My mom, who is probably the hardest person to please in the entire world, has been raving nonstop about how good the food was.

We had a cocktail hour prior to the reception where they served three appetizers - pork belly, bacon wrapped shrimp, and my personal favorite, the ahi tuna on a plantain chip. Everyone thought the appetizers were so delicious and there was something to please everyone! We also had a seated dinner for about 330 guests - it was essentially an extremely large dinner party. But Rachel and the entire waitstaff at Briscoe Manor did a PHENOMENAL job at getting everything together. They had synchronized service for all of the plates and the presentation of everything was just beautiful.

For dinner we had a salad with strawberries, risotto with shrimp, and steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables. It was all so good. Everyone has been raving about the risotto dish - it was SO GOOD. It's funny because the risotto dish was just something that Rachel let us try because she thought we might enjoy it and it was probably one of the biggest hits that night. Still craving it right now!

I thought the food and service provided by Behind the Bash was excellent and I would definitely go to them again!

Sent on 10/16/2015

Guests from our wedding are still raving about the food we chose from Behind the Bash! We had the tastiest dinner and also added a chocolate fountain! I wish we could eat their food on the regular!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Dan · Married on 07/26/2015

I wanted to write a quick review and let the Behind the Bash team know how much we appreciated their hard work. The food was fantastic and all of our guests enjoyed their meals. The professionalism of the staff is something to note as they did everything we asked for and more. Thanks again.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Kathlynn · Married on 07/11/2015

Behind the Bash catering was so amazing. Everyone at our wedding kept commenting on how yummy all of the food was and how they just loved everything. They were also very easy to communicate with, Rachel really was on top of everything and very easy to work with. I would definitely recommend them to every bride! =]

Sent on 08/31/2015

I recently had my wedding at The Parador, and Behind the Bash was phenomenal! Kyle attended to all of our needs while in the early planning stages, and was quick to respond on all of my questions. A couple of weeks prior to the wedding, we met with her and reviewed a timeline, seating, and all of the final details. She made the day of run absolutely smoothly, and made it beyond perfect! We get compliments all the time about the food and service! I would highly recommend Kyle and Behind the Bash!

Sent on 06/23/2015

Carmishun · Married on 06/05/2015

LOVED the food. The food and service was great! The food was hot and ready to service the guest.

Sent on 06/23/2015

Melissa · Married on 05/30/2015

BTH did a wonderful job for my daughters wedding. They are very easy to work with and the food and service was wonderful. All of our guests were thought the food was great and the flow of a setting meal for 250 people went very smoothly.

Sent on 06/05/2015
  • Chase & Kacie's Wedding

Kacie · Married on 04/19/2015

The food was amazing. All of our guests commented on how fantastic the food was. I would definitely recommend Behind the Bash.

Sent on 05/21/2015

The absolute best! I can't say enough wonderful things about Cristina Cross and her team at Behind the Bash. I just got married last week at The Parador house, and Cristina made the entire experience so easy, stress-free and enjoyable. Cristina is so organized, quick to respond and made me feel so at ease with the planning process. With her on my side, I knew that everything was going to run smoothly and that nothing was forgotten. From start to finish, Cristina and her team were so helpful with every aspect - she even helped load all the presents into my parents car when the reception was over. On top of the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, the food was AMAZING! They offer tastings so you are able to get an idea of what you want before hand, but I don't see how you could go wrong! I would HIGHLY recommend using Behind the Bash for your wedding or event - you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 02/16/2015

charlee · Married on 12/13/2014

Mysti and the catering staff at behind the bash were phenomenal! We had multiple opportunities to taste food and refine our menu- which turned out amazing!! The price was fair and well worth it for the level of service and quality of food we received- best wedding food I've ever had if I do say so myself. We had jumbo shrimp cocktail shooters, lobster bisque shooters, sliders, beef tenderloin, chicken Verona, au gratin potatoes, green beans and fall salad. Everyone raved about all the food that night as well as the weeks since. The food contract also comes with plates, linens, flatware and glassware rentals included which was a big plus for us so we didn't have to go through a rental company. Mysti tailored everything to our needs and everything was perfect the day of- food was even better than at the tastings! Best wedding decision I made!! Would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/27/2014