Becoming Images Reviews

28 | Juneau, AK

28 Reviews for Becoming Images

Samantha I. · Getting married on 09/18/2021

Couldn't recommend Penny enough

Like many engaged couples of 2020, we married in an elopement ceremony and pushed our larger wedding farther down the timeline. Our elopement was planned within a month or two, and it was important for us to spend our money wisely since we also had a wedding in our future. I reached out to Penny with our ideas, and she helped me and my spouse develop a price and plan to exactly what we requested. She shot both our engagement photos, followed by our elopement less than a month later. We received both galleries within a month from each session. Penny was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I couldn't be more happy that we hired her to help us out in this crazy time. I truly feel that my husband and I gained a friend here in Juneau.

Sent on 10/18/2020

Becoming Images's reply:

I think you guys know that you've already become some of my favorite people! ;) Thanks so much for inviting me to be a part of your spontaneous, joyful love story! I'm so honored!
  • Shelby

Shelby B. · Married on 12/05/2020

Exceeds expectations!

Working with Penny was amazing, she is so professional yet fun and makes you laugh and have a great time during sessions. She went above and beyond our expectations for our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. Penny was very easy to communicate with, through text, email, phone calls, and facetime. Her work is amazing, but she is a more amazing person and we loved her from the moment we met her!

Sent on 02/25/2020

Becoming Images's reply:

Why do you have to live so far away... just adore you both! Thank you so much for choosing me to be your photographer! I want to continue to document your big moments for years to come!

Anneka M. · Married on 10/10/2020

Love Penny!!

I loved working with Penny and would definitely hire her again! She was so flexible and accommodating with the changes necessary due to Covid, as well as the weather of the day. She made everyone feel super relaxed, and I absolutely love how our photos turned out, I was overjoyed when I first saw the sneak peeks! I would definitely recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 12/21/2020

Becoming Images's reply:

From the very first time we met to talk about your vision for your intimate elopement- I was hooked! I loved working with you and being a part of your incredible mountain elopement. You are a goddess! ;)
  • Alison

Alison · Married on 09/09/2020

Obsessed With My Images!

I did an outdoor boudoir session with Penny as a gift for my husband, and it was such an amazing experience! She made me feel comfortable and beautiful, and it was SO much fun! I'm obsessed with my images, they are just absolutely stunning. I would work with Penny again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 03/11/2021

Becoming Images's reply:

We had so much fun running around in the snow! You are just lovely! Thanks for choosing me and I can't wait to get your album to you!

Julie S. · Married on 07/18/2020

Wonderful!

Penny is the best! We hired her to be the photographer for our wedding. She was punctual, professional, and very proactive in interacting with the venue and catering hosts, as well as members of the wedding party. Aside from the photos we posed for, she was very much in the background and we hardly noticed she was there. I did notice her taking photos at the reception as she was singing along to the music. She totally fit in with our crowd! The photos were incredible! Now that we have found Penny, she will always be our family photographer!

Sent on 02/06/2021

Becoming Images's reply:

I'm so down with being your family's official photographer! I had such a great time working with you and I'm so pleased that you have enjoyed the process and the beautiful images we created! I'm looking forward to the next time we get to work together!
  • Molly

Molly J. · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely amazing!!!

We are beyond happy that we met Penny! She is so personable, creative, talented, and fun. Her packages include so many extras (an engagement session! Credit to purchase products!), and every photo she has taken of us really captures us as people and a couple. Penny is a great person, and we really like hanging out with her. During all the shoots, she really just blends into the background and captures such candid and beautiful shots. We will hire her again for our anniversary shoots!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Molly & Sue-
    You two have been such a treasure! I love that we bonded over Harry Potter, great cocktails, and the importance of being authentic in love and life! I dig you people! ;)

Paxton B. · Married on 03/02/2019

Amazing Photographer + Stunning Images

Working with Penny from Becoming Images was one of the best wedding decisions we made. We had the pleasure of working with her for multiple shoots (engagement, wedding day, post-wedding adventure shoot) and developed a close relationship with her over the year. Penny's energy was so positive, and we instantly felt comfortable to be ourselves and just 'play' in front of the camera. She takes care of everything so you don't have to worry about any of the details the day of your wedding.

Most important of all, we absolutely love the images we received. If you're looking for stunning photos of you and your love just being yourselves in nature, this is where Penny SHINES. Her and her assistant, Erin, made all of the shoots a wonderful experience, and we would recommend Becoming Images to anyone in search of a wedding photographer. Thank you again, Penny!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Becoming Images's reply:

Thank you so much, Paxton! You two have my heart! ;) It was such an honor to get to photograph this season in your lives and to even get you two featured on Rocky Mountain Bride! Woot!
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing experience with priceless memories!

Oh my, where do I start?
    Becoming Images did such an amazing job for my engagement and wedding! Penny is such a free and loving spirit full of life and will make your experience the best ever. I felt like I’ve known her for years within minutes of us meeting for the first time.
    Our cold engagement session in Maryland was absolutely perfect. Penny made us feel so comfortable and our pictures turned out beautifully. My favorite part of the way she photographs is how our pictures looked so organic and natural. During our sessions- the way she directed us never felt or looked posed once!
    When our wedding day approached, Penny reached out multiple times where we were able to talk about both of our visions and create our wedding day game plan. Our day went so smoothly and our pictures once again turned out beautifully! All our family had nothing but great things to say about Becoming Images. Our wedding was one big party and they were along for the ride capturing all of our most memorable moments! One thing I loved was that Penny’s second photographer was her husband. Being able to work with your spouse is so special and I love that they are able to do that!
    The day after our wedding we had our adventure session where my husband and I were able to take pictures with our horses at the farm we board at. It was so nice having this special time where it was just us after all the excitement from the day before. These pictures to no surprise turned out beautifully- just as our engagement and wedding photos did!
    Overall working with Becoming Images was easy, fun, full of laughter and memories!
    What I can promise you is that you aren’t doing Becoming Images a favor by hiring them for your most special day. You are doing yourself a favor. I would not have these beautiful photographs and memories if it weren’t for Penny!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Becoming Images's reply:

Being invited to document your love story has been such fun. You guys are so wonderful and I am so happy that you have chosen me for the long haul! I'm in!

Jacquelyn · Married on 07/23/2016

Choosing Becoming Images was one of the best decisions I could’ve made. Working with Penny has been such a great experience she has been a big part of my major milestone including graduation, engagement and wedding photos. She made us feel so comfortable throughout the whole photoshoot and was very creative in the way she executed her photography. I would definitely recommend Becoming Images to anyone needing professional photos done. Penny did such a great job with our photos couldn’t have asked for a better photographer. I look forward to more of her work in the future. Thanks Becoming Images!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Becoming Images's reply:

Jackie- you are just lovely and it has been my pleasure to photograph your milestone moments! I am so grateful that you chose Becoming Images for your wedding. I simply cannot wait to photograph the next big thing in your life!

Ashley · Married on 03/24/2016

They take amazing pictures that capture all of the special moments. Extremely professional and affordable!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Becoming Images's reply:

We are so thankful for your review, Ashley!

Abbie · Married on 03/03/2016

Becoming images is a remarkable photographer and business. Penny not only makes you feel so comfortable but also captures moments that I’m so blessed to be able to keep the rest of my life. She is by far experienced, well worth it, and effortlessly amazing at what she does, as well as an all around amazing person. I highly recommend!!❤️

Sent on 03/16/2018

Becoming Images's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review, Abbie! I am so very grateful!

Laura · Married on 08/08/2015

Becoming Images is the only photography studio/photography team our family uses. Penny's work is stunning and brilliant - she truly captures the hearts and souls of those whom she is photographing.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

LJ- Thank you for entrusting us with the most beautiful moments in your family's lives! We are honored.

April · Married on 08/05/2015

Penny is so so so amazing! My wedding wouldn't have been the same without her and her amazing creativity:) she even allowed me to get ready at her house before we said I DO. I couldn't say enough great things about her. She is just a genuinely good person.

Sent on 08/31/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

April- Why can't you live in Juneau?! ;) I was so honored to share your amazing Alaskan Adventure wedding day with you and your family and friends. Flying to the Taku Glacier Lodge with all of you was a highlight of my summer. Thanks for choosing Becoming Images- may your marriage be as beautiful as your wedding day was!

Marie · Married on 06/05/2015

Penny is a great photographer and I had a lot of fun working with her. I am very pleased with our photos, and not only that, she offered her help when she could to help make our special day go more smooth/stress free.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

Marie, it means so much that you took the time out of your busy student's life to give a review! It was such a joy to work with you and Colt! Your Alaskan wedding was lovely and I can't wait for you to get your images up on your walls to enjoy for many many years to come!

Kelly&Stewart · Married on 05/30/2015

Penny is such an amazing photographer, and such a pleasure to work with. Her and her lovely husband (assistant) flew from Juneau to Petersburg, Alaska to photograph our wedding. Her photos are so artistic and beautiful. She made us feel so comfortable and like we could really be ourselves. We definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/26/2015

Kelly & Stew-
    I have to say, Bill & I had SO MUCH FUN in Petersburg, Alaska with you and your crew! Your wedding is in my top 10 for 'World's Funnest Weddings'! Can't wait to see you guys again and thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review!

Katie · Married on 09/13/2014

Becoming Images has captured me nay special moments in my life! Family photos, engagement, senior, wedding and just for fun shoots. Best pictures ever! They are wonderful at catching those candid shots and guide you through the photo shoots on how to pose if you need the help!

Sent on 08/28/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to review our performance, Katie! ;) With a little one... I know that is a sacrifice and I am blessed!
  • User5420669 · 2+ years ago

We had never met before wedding and it was like I had known her for years. Felt very comfortable with Penny

Sent on 09/09/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I am so glad that we were able to create a connection that provided you with beautiful images on your wedding day!

Becoming Images is amazing! We were so pleased with the quality of photos. We could not have picked a better photographer to capture such a monumental day. Penny understood our vision and made us feel comfortable on such a stressful day. I would highly recommend; her services cannot be beat.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! Happy to know we were able to make your wedding day exactly what you had hoped!

Kaitlin · Married on 06/16/2013

I would highly recommend Becoming Images! We could not have picked a better photographer to capture such a monumental day. Penny understood our vision and made us feel comfortable on such a stressful day. We were blown away by the quality of photos. From the creativity of each shot to the flawless editing, each photo is breathtaking!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Becoming Images's reply:

Kait- Thank you so much for the kind review! Your wedding was so amazing- and the love you two share has created a wonderful family and beautiful little girl! I am honored to photograph your life story!

Dana · Married on 03/23/2013

Penny, and her daughter Kaley, did an amazing job photographing our daughter Ashleigh's wedding. From the beginning, we were one of those "difficult" clients - a last moment changed wedding date, a cranky grandma who didn't want her picture taken, a low light venue (a barn in March), and a groom who was literally able to be there only for the wedding day.

With all these challenges Penny went to work and joyfully made adjustments and put people at ease with her relaxed, professional, humorous, and encouraging demeanor. She was able to deal with the lighting situation and the photos are incredible. She knows how to capture the beauty of the entire event not just those "cliche" moments. Yes, we even have gorgeous photos of grandma! It is apparent that Penny has done this a "few" times and that we weren't her only "challenging" client. One side note, she never made us feel like a challenge, those are my words. Penny was full of grace, genuine, and just plain fun! She is a true professional who makes you feel like she is family.

We were so blessed to have Penny, and Kaley, as a part of Ashleigh and Bryant's wedding day that when our second daughter was married three months later, Penny was our photographer of choice for that event also.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

Kaley & I are so blessed to have been invited to capture Ashleigh's wedding for you and your family. I will never forget photographing the father/daughter dance and losing my cool completely and sobbing! I just love you and love your family. Thanks for entrusting Becoming Images with the sacred moments in your family!

Ashleigh · Married on 03/23/2013

Penny is an amazing photographer. She, and her daughter Kaley, took beautiful photographs of my wedding. She is a joy to be around, is easy to work with, and takes truly creative shots. Thank you so much for making my day special!

Sent on 09/16/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

We were so honored to be a part of your love story, Ash! ;) We always enjoy being with your family and that homemade hard cider your dad made is still the best I've ever tasted! ;) Hope you are loving life married! ;)

Kayla · Married on 07/07/2011

The quality of the photos at Becoming Images are unlike any other. Not only does Penny take fun and artistic photos, but she makes them come to life with her own enhancements. This, among many other things, is why we choose Penny. We knew we wanted her professional photos that would last and that we could enjoy forever. This is her skill, and it really is an art form what she does with them. Thank you so much for all of the posed and candid photos you took at our wedding, we love them all.

Sent on 08/29/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

Kayla- Kaley & I are so honored to have 'done life' with you and your family over the years! Your wedding was a joy for us and we are honored that you choose us over and over again!

Crystal · Married on 07/17/2010

I spent hours scouring the internet for a wedding photographer who could deliver a specific candid, artistic style of photography without any luck. When I finally found one I liked, he was unavailable on my wedding date. He referred me to Penny of Becoming Images, the photographer he trusted and used for his own wedding. I immediately fell in love with Penny's online portfolio and knew she was the right person for the job. From first consultation to the final delivery of the photos, Penny always brought a joyful spirit and made everyone feel special and at ease. We were very pleased with the final results of our wedding photos. We've since then used Becoming Images multiple times for family photos as well.

Sent on 09/18/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

So blessed that you took the time to review us so highly, Crystal! You are such a busy lady and it means so much to us! Can't wait to see you at the studio again soon!
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 08/31/2019

The absolute best!!

Penny was an absolute delight to work with from the first moment we met her! She has an ease about her that calms all of your nerves on a busy, stressful day. She has a sense of humor that makes you deeply laugh, creating genuine smiles in all of your pictures. And the pictures she produces are INCREDIBLE! The lighting, the unique background shots, everying was perfect and we were blown away when we first saw them! Penny was an amazing addition to our day and fit in seamlessly with our families, feeling like a family member herself. Although our wedding may be over, we can't wait to connect with Penny again for all our future photography needs! Thanks for making our wedding a flawless and memorable day Penny!

Sent on 03/15/2020

Becoming Images's reply:

You made me cry! Kylie & Nathan- you two were a gift to my business and to me, personally! I'm so looking forward to having you come see me in Alaska or coming down to Colorado to document chapters that are coming in your lives! Mwah!

Dehling · Married on 08/10/2013

Becoming Images did an outstanding job capturing our wedding day. Penny made the entire process enjoyable and fun! Our photo will forever fill our home with the beautiful reminder of that wonderful day. I could not ask for more. I still stand in awe of the magic that was captured in our mountain top fairy tale. Thank you Becoming Images!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Becoming Images's reply:

The images of your wedding day are a forever immortalized on the walls of my office, Amanda! Thanks again for entrusting your wedding to us... we are honored, truly, and also blessed to have now photographed your pregnancy and the first year of your angel's life! So grateful!