Beauty of the Soul Studio Reviews

11 | Fairfax, VA

11 Reviews for Beauty of the Soul Studio

• Abbi

Abbi S. · Married on 10/10/2020

Incredible in every aspect!

Emily was recommended to my now husband and I from another DC area photographer when we began plannin our tiny wedding. From pricing, to flexibility, to service, to photos, she is INCREDIBLE. Even the florist and venue event manager have sung her praises. Emily perfectly captured our special day. We have even already booked her to do a family shoot to include the pup!

Sent on 11/21/2020

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Abbi, you are the best! Thank you so much for the review! Your tiny wedding was one of my favorites of the year and I can't wait to see you guys again soon!
  • Evelyn

Evelyn O. · Married on 09/26/2020

Keeping Our Memories Vibrant!

Beauty of the Soul exceeded our expectations! Emily was the only photographer we both agreed on since she checked all the boxes. She was within our price range, professional, fit our style, and most importantly, was experienced in Catholic wedding ceremonies!
    As part of our package, we decided to take engagement photos for our save the dates. Emily gave us great feedback on locations and things to consider, such as reservations and fees. Ultimately, we decided to take engagement photos at the Kennedy Center. Emily quickly scheduled everything and came early to scope out potential locations. She was super helpful during the shoot, made us super comfortable, and the photos came out great!
    In 2020, we encountered COVID-19 uncertainty. Thankfully, Emily was very patient and understanding. She waived her rescheduling fees and allowed us to adjust our contract to align with our new wedding plans. She made the moments leading up to the wedding very smooth. And things went even smoother on our wedding day! Emily arrived on time and took the lead. She was an essential piece to our wedding day and captured some great moments. She did an excellent job switching from a rich and vibrant style for our joyful moments to a romantic and soft one for our sentimental moment. Overall, we’d highly recommend Beauty of the Soul and we can’t wait for her to photograph our reception next year!

Sent on 01/03/2021

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Evelyn, I am so so happy to hear you've had a great experience so far; working with you two has been so much fun! COVID may have thrown us for a loop but you guys are making it work in such an amazing way. I can't wait to see you again soon!

Kianna C. · Married on 08/15/2020

The best photographer for your special day!

Emily from Beauty of the Soul Studio was absolutely amazing and we couldn't recommend her enough! Not only is Emily extremely kind and professional, but her experience and expertise shines through in her work. We will definitely be using her again in the future for all of our future photography needs!

Sent on 12/06/2020

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

I'm so grateful to have had the chance to celebrate with you, Kianna! And I'm so appreciative of the kind review. Can't wait to see you guys again soon!

Elyse S. · Married on 05/22/2020

Awesome!! Couldn't be happier!!! :)

Emily was a joy to work with, especially considering Covid and the many changes we had to make in our wedding plans for summer 2020. She is very professional, was a great help planning before the wedding, the day of, and after. Most importantly, her pictures were gorgeous and captured the day perfectly. The turn around on the pictures was super fast and ordering the album and pictures is very easy.

Sent on 02/02/2021

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Elyse, I am so, so happy I was able to be present for your sweet wedding day. It was one of the highlights of 2020 for sure! Thank you so much for leaving this kind review!

Kristine H. · Married on 01/09/2020

Emily is wonderful!

Emily was our photographer for our wedding photoshoot on the National Mall in D.C. She was so great to work with, very easy going and fun, made us very comfortable. She was flexible, creative, and had a plan without being too rigid. She's incredibly responsive and she listens and understands what you want to envision as a couple. Her photos were great, and she did an amazing job editing out a lot of people that were behind us as we were on the mall. Would highly recommend !

Sent on 12/23/2019

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review, Kristine! I absolutely loved getting to work with you and your family, and the classic DC Mall photos ended up as some of my favorites wedding photos I've taken. Hope life as newlyweds is as sweet as you dreamed!
  • Isabel

Isabel C. · Married on 09/28/2019

Fantastic Experience w/ Beauty of the Soul Studio

Beauty of the Soul Studio came as a recommendation from a friend of a friend, and Emily was immediately responsive, helpful, and flexible. She worked with our desired budget to offer us a personalized package. We were impressed by the whole process of working with Emily: the resources she brought to our initial meeting, the contract that was detailed but understandable, and the weeks prior to the wedding where she kindly reminded us for shot lists, gave us instructions on her second shooter, etc. The pictures themselves worked for our wedding style which had an outdoor element, smaller guest count, and some historical features that we wanted to highlight. Emily's photography and editing is bright, fun, and captured some truly special moments that we would have otherwise missed! Thank you Emily (and Brittany) for your efforts to highlight the special moments of our wedding day! We would recommend them to any future couple!

Sent on 01/23/2020

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Photographing your wedding was such a lovely experience, Isabel, and I know Brittany and I both thoroughly enjoyed getting to be part of your wedding day! I'm so grateful to have clients like you who inject so much personal meaning into their day - it was a highlight of our wedding season to spend time with you and your families. Thank you for the kind review!
  • Paul

Paul A. · Married on 06/15/2019

Excellent Wedding Photographer in NoVA

My wife Hsiao-Wei and I hired Emily Ott and Beauty of the Soul Studio for our June 15, 2019 wedding in Vienna, Virginia at the Hunter House. Emily and her staff were incredibly professional, helpful, positive, and took some amazing images at the ceremony and at the outdoor reception. She was only noticeable when needed and even followed up with a second unpaid session at our request the following week to get some photos we missed on that day due to the commotion. Overall, I would highly recommend Beauty of the Soul Studio if you are planning a wedding in the DC metro area. The images she created are now a part of our love story and we are eternally grateful to Emily for her service.

Best regards,
    Paul Alberghine (Groom)

Sent on 01/23/2020

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Paul and Hsiao-Wei, I am so honored to have played a part in your wedding day and your review is the cherry on top. You two were so gracious despite the curveballs thrown on your wedding day and I genuinely loved getting to spend that extra session time with just the two of you shortly afterward! I wish you many years of happy marriage and please know of my prayers for you two and your family.
  • Katherine

Katherine C. · Married on 06/08/2019

Incredible Photos and a Joy to Work With

Emily was the photographer for my wedding in June of 2019 in Leesburg, Virginia. Finding the right photographer within our budget in the Washington D.C. area was a challenge - until I found Emily! In addition to being a talented photographer, Emily was a great communicator. She is kind-hearted, patient, willing to listen, and all-around easy and joyful to work with.

My husband and I did both an engagement shoot and full wedding package with Emily. Neither of us were experienced being in front of the camera, but Emily made it easy. We received the pictures so quickly after both the engagement shoot and wedding, and I cannot fully express how pleased I was with the quality of the photos, the variety, and the naturalness of all the poses! Our wedding was a traditional Catholic Nuptial Mass, so it also meant a lot to us that Emily and her secondary shooter were both incredibly respectful and unobtrusive during the ceremony, while still getting so many great shots in the tiny chapel we were at!

Your wedding photos forever shape the memories of that wonderful day that you will look back on for years to come. I am so glad we entrusted Emily with the capturing of those memories!

Sent on 02/10/2020

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Katherine, this is such a wonderful and kind review! Your wedding was one of my absolute favorites of 2020 and working with you and your family was a dream. I hope you two are enjoying newlywed life and please know of my prayers for you and your happy marriage!
  • O

O Fed · Married on 02/22/2019

100% Would Recommend Emily!!

Emily was recommended to us as a photographer by one of past classmates in college. Emily and I both hail from Marymount University and I honestly knew then that I was making the best decision for a photographer.
    From the beginning, Emily worked with me as I was long distant and not in the same state as her or the wedding and we had a Skype call. She was easy to talk to and explained everything well. As we got closer to the wedding date, I reached out to Emily multiple times about the photography logistics but also for other things such as videographer recommendations, Bible verse guidance, and other wedding day questions. She went above and beyond to answer my questions and guide me in the right direction. For the week of the wedding, we finalized our logistics and it was just so easy to work with her on making our day go as smoothly as possible. Finally, the day of was a whirlwind (and since my husband and I decided not to do a first look last minute, it was kind of difficult to keep the bridal parties separated before the ceremony) but it was so great having Emily (and Hana) as our photographers. I barely noticed they were there and Emily captured such raw emotion on that day that every time I go through the pictures I literally tear up. She has a great eye for these moments. Joe and I had so much fun taking our bridal shots with her as well. I was also extremely surprised and happy to see how professional her contracts are written up; the way her website is set up and the way she releases the photos: so easy and VERY professional quality. Great lighting, great editing, literally PERFECT. Keep up the good work and thank you for capturing one of the best days of me and Joe's life!!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Thank you for your sweet words, O! I had so, so much fun with your wedding day and I'm happy that you're as thrilled with your photos as I am. You two are the sweetest couple and I'm wishing and praying for you two the best marriage and life together!
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 06/04/2011

Amazing photographer - can't rave enough!

Emily was AMAZING. She did such a job keeping our rowdy group in line and getting all the money shots that I didn't even know I needed for our intimate elopement. She was timely, professional, organized, and super accommodating. My mother was in a wheelchair and she helped think of cute shots and make the process as least draining as possible on her. I honestly couldn't recommend her enough to couples...when my MIL got the pictures she responded with "THESE ARE GREAT!!!! Emily did a great job in capturing everything and everyone. I feel like I'm reliving it all again. " and I feel like that is the most accurate way of describing our experience!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Beauty of the Soul Studio's reply:

Shannon, thank you so much for your sweet review! Your whole family was so much fun and I loved getting to spend time with you all. If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to reach out!