Beauty By Mineko by Nicole Dawson Reviews

Beauty By Mineko by Nicole Dawson 2
  • Carly

Carly Buehler · Married on 08/31/2019

Labor Day Wedding

Nikki was amazing! She listened to everything that I wanted and took such great notes after the trial run and completely nailed the look I was looking for. She brought in a friend to do our hair and kept on schedule. Both ladies were amazing! They also stepped in when my photographer was missing special moments while getting ready, and the two ladies took a few beautiful photos of the special moments and shared them with me the next day. I couldn’t have asked for a better team. I felt so beautiful!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Michaela

Michaela Rinaldo · Married on 08/17/2019

Loved My Natural Look!

I absolutely adore Nikki! I needed to find a makeup and hair artist down by the North Stonington/Preston area to make it easy on the day of my wedding. I am so glad I found Nicole. She is so bubbly, friendly, and adorable and a total perfectionist (like myself). She was very responsive via email and made it easy to send over ideas for my look and to book the trial. Sitting in the chair with Nikki is a lot of fun. She's so peppy and friendly and FUN. I felt so at ease the morning of my wedding talking to her and her assistant for the day, Sarah, who was equally fun to be around. All of my bridesmaids and the MOB/MOG looked BEAUTIFUL! She was so accommodating when one of my bridesmaids changed her mind last minute about doing her makeup, and made sure to fit her in before she left. (My bridesmaid changed her mind because when she saw how good we all looked she didn't want to pass up the opportunity!) Nikki stayed a lot longer than she had initially planned on to finish everything up and she never once complained or even looked remotely phased by it. We all looked amazing. I've had a bad experience with airbrush makeup before, last summer when i was in a friends wedding. My now husband didn't even recognize me because that particular artist really didn't know how to make the makeup look natural. Nikki knew exactly what to do and really listened to my vision for a natural bohemian look. On top of it all, none of us had any smears, smudges, or lines after sweating it out on the dance floor all night long and removal was super easy in the shower!

Beauty By Mineko by Nicole Dawson 3
    Sent on 08/20/2019
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn King · Married on 08/03/2019

The best experience!

Nikki was referred to me by multiple people (former brides and bridal party members) and exceeded all expectations. We had a large group of girls and Nikki brought a team with her that was able to ensure that everyone looked flawless on time. She was professional and helpful throughout the planning process. I knew that I had nothing to worry about with her in charge of our wedding preparations. After doing several lash lift and tints, my trial and finally hair and makeup on the big day, I really felt like Nikki was a good friend. I would refer her without hesitation to anyone looking to book hair and makeup for their big day. Thank you, Nikki :)

Sent on 08/21/2019
  • Hilary

Hilary · Married on 02/09/2019

Flawless!!!

Nicole made me and my bridal party feel and look amazing. She was so much fun to work with, and just did an outstanding job and kept communcation open for any changes. I even looked good the morning after, and she brought a whole new level of confidence to a adolescent junior bridesmaid who felt uncomfortable standing in front of everyone. I had a larger party (9 girls plus myself and MOB) and she was able to get everyone done wonderfully! Thank you Nikki!

Beauty By Mineko by Nicole Dawson 4
    Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 09/10/2016

Nicole was great! She was professional and very easy going. Made me comfortable and got back to me in a timely matter and answered any questions I had. Very friendly and easy to work with. She did my bridal hair and make up truely amazing!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Cara · Married on 08/30/2016

Nicole Dawson is the best in the industry! She is knowledgeable, professional, & honest. My bridesmaids, mother and I all loved our wedding day looks, and all felt that Nicole did her best to make each of us a more beautiful version of ourselves. My day was perfect with her help.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Lieren · Married on 05/21/2016

I was originally planning to do my own makeup for my wedding, but I'm so glad that I hired Mineko Makeup Artistry! Nicole was so nice, very professional, and did an amazing job. She listened to what I wanted and helped me to look my best without turning me into someone else. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/24/2014

Nicole and her team were fab. The preparation and planning was very thorough, she made it a point that I was 100% happy with everything. She did the hair/makeup for myself and my entire bridal party. Everyone was blown away with everything. Nicole and her team came to my hotel suite and made us feel comfortable. I would recommend Mineko Makeup Artistry to any Bride who wants to look their absolute best on their special day! Thank you Nicole for everything.
    - Jennifer Bresnan

Sent on 10/31/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/23/2014

Thank you Nikki!!!

Nikki did an amazing job with mine and my bridesmaid's makeup. She was wonderful and sweet to work with from my first interaction to my wedding day. She made me feel at ease and did a beautiful job on all on us.

Sent on 05/24/2014

Alicia · Married on 10/05/2013

Nikki and her team were so wonderful! The girls were professional, so sweet, efficient and they made the entire bridal party look gorgeous. Flawless!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Lindsey · Married on 10/05/2013

Nikki is great to work with! She is kind, responsive, timely, and very accommodating. Nikki is an awesome makeup artist and can bring in staff to accommodate larger bridal parties/events. I highly recommend Mineko Makeup!

Sent on 05/13/2014

terri · Married on 09/14/2013

Thank you so much for being part of the big day. You made the bridal party look amazing. Our hair and makeup looked fabulous. Coming to the hotel room made it so easy on us to get ready as well.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Nicole is wonderful to work with! We didn't have to worry about our make-up at all the rest of the day!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Karen · Married on 09/07/2013

Nikki's professionalism, and her talent added to what was already a beautiful day. The girls that had their make up done by Nikki on my daughters wedding day looked absolutely stunning - we are still receiving compliments from guest that attended. I would highly recommend Nikki for that special occasion.

Sent on 10/02/2013

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2013

I'm very very very picky when it comes to makeup. I've searched high and low for a good makeup artist when looking for my wedding. I found Mineko Makeup at the bridal show at Mohegan Sun and immediately fell in love with her work. She did a beautiful job not only on me but on my bridesmaids as well. She was easy to work with and helped me out tremendously for my wedding day. She really listens to you about what you want for your big day. A lot of makeup artist I've come across make you up on what they thinks going to look good in pictures and "over do" the makeup they put on your face... If that makes sense. Nicole was able to make me look elegant on my wedding day with out having a ton of makeup on my face and it still looked good in pictures. I highly recommend Mineko Makeup Artistry for any big day you maybe having she really is the best!! If you don't pick her you'd be making a mistake!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Stephany · Married on 08/31/2013

Nicole did an amazing job on my make up for my wedding. I am not very savy with make up and didn't really know what goes well with my complexion and what not. I told Nicole to do what she thought would look good and she did my make up looked fabulous!!! She was excellent in communication and planning and was very flexible and worked with my tight schedule. I would definitely have her do my make up again and recommend her to anyone who needs make up done!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Nicole · Married on 06/29/2013

My hair and makeup came out beautiful!! It lasted the entire duration of the reception. Very friendly and professional! My bridal party enjoyed the experience as well!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Ana · Married on 06/22/2013

Nicole was amazing from the start. She responded to all my emails throughout the year I was planning my wedding and answered every question I had right away. She did my makeup for my engagement shoot, a boudoir shoot for the hubby and of course my wedding. I received tons of compliments on my makeup. I will definitely use her again for any future event and recommend her to anyone looking for a make up artist. Thank you Nicole!!!! -Ana Danieluk

Sent on 06/26/2013

ALYSHA · Married on 06/21/2013

Nicole is professional, is amazing at what she does, and also super fun and down to earth! She's exactly what you would want on your wedding day. I was in the bridal party and all of the girls were super happy with their makeup! We looked fresh, fabulous, and most importantly perfect for the theme of the wedding! I felt beautiful and not overdone. She is also great at taking feedback. If you want a small change or something done differently she is happy to provide whatever your heart desires. I recommend Nikki to all my friends getting married and so far she has done both my sister and my friends bridal parties! Definitely request her for your special event! Bonus, her husband is a DJ if you are still looking for the perfect person to provide the soundtrack to your special day. Power couple providing the best makeup, hair & music in CT!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Taylor · Married on 06/08/2013

Nicole Le Duc was such a special part of my day. She was so professional and awesome to work with. She took her time with each and every one of my bridesmaids and myself. We all looked so beautiful and flawless! She truly is a master of her craft.

Sent on 06/24/2013
  • Quiana

Quiana · Married on 05/15/2013

Not only is Nicole a dear friend of mine, she is talented, skilled, passionate, friendly, and most professional individual that shows pride in all her work she does. I was beyond confident in selecting Nicole to travel the distance with me to DR for my wedding not only as a bridesmaid but my make-up artist. She takes pride in all her work, that she kept reminding me that she had to do my trial.. My exact statement to her was, the work I've seen her do and her daily make up application, there was no need for a mock trial for me. All I asked of Nikki the day of my wedding, was to give me a natural looking glow that defines who I am on a everyday basis... She met that request and beyond..xo

Sent on 06/21/2013

Abigail · Married on 08/06/2011

Great make-up artist!! From the day of my trial to my actual wedding day I knew I didn't have to worry about my make-up. I was very impressed with the quality of work done. Nicole listened to exactly what I wanted and made it happen. She was very flexbile with coming to me for my trial and to the venue on my special day, as well as working around a few tears of stress on the day of my event. My make-up truely was perfect and lasted the whole night, 6:00-1:00!! I already do recommend her to all my friends and will continue to recommend her!!

Sent on 07/22/2013

Colleen · Married on 07/03/2017

Nikki was awesome in preparing me for my vow renewal/ photo shoot. With under a weeks notice she was able to fit me in on that special day. This was my first time ever getting my makeup and hair professionally done and she made me feel so at ease about it all. My hair came out beautiful and my makeup stayed put throughout the evening.

Sent on 07/08/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 01/05/2014

Nikki has a great personality. She is personable, easy to work with, and responsive to the individual needs of the bridal party. The make up artistry looked striking and natural.

Sent on 01/20/2014