Beauty by Joy Reviews

Beauty by Joy 5
Beauty by Joy 6
Beauty by Joy 7

Lisa · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful hair and makeup!

Joy did amazing makeup for myself and my bridal party. Kendall did a great job on hair as well. Both were prompt and professional. They really listened to what we all wanted and took the time to make sure everything was perfect, without running late. I would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 01/26/2019
    Beauty by Joy 13
    Beauty by Joy 14
    Beauty by Joy 15

Beauty by Joy's reply:

Thank you Lisa! You and your family were a JOY to work with! We wish you all the best and hope to cross paths again in the future!

KIRSTIE · Married on 06/24/2018

Joy and Katie at Beauty by Joy were absolutely incredible. Because of them, I felt like the most beautiful bride. My entire bridal party was so in love with them and could not have look any more gorgeous. Our makeup lasted the entire day - from 8 am until midnight. I'm so glad that I chose to work with them!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    Beauty by Joy 16
    Beauty by Joy 17
    Beauty by Joy 18

Krissy · Married on 10/27/2017

Joy was a lifesaver! She was super professional and great with what makeup she chose. She did my bridal makeup and then also for my mom and teenage daughter. We all felt so beautiful for the big day! Joy came on location to my home! I included pics of her setup with us! So pleased!!!!

Beauty by Joy 19
    Beauty by Joy 20
    Beauty by Joy 21
    Beauty by Joy 22
    Beauty by Joy 23

Beauty by Joy's reply:

Thank you SO much! Love the photos and I really enjoyed working with you and your family! Wishing you all the best and hope to cross paths in the future!

Ellen · Married on 10/21/2017

Joy is a wonder to work with. She has a great personality and communicates well when talking about makeup. Her work is lovely and lasted the entirety of my wedding day! Highly recommended!

Sara · Married on 10/20/2017

Joy is AMAZING!!! She was so accommodating, professional, fun and is absolutely the best makeup artist I have ever had!! She took her time during my trial to make sure my wedding day was a breeze as it was! She made me feel absolutely perfect on my wedding day!

hillary · Married on 10/14/2017

Joy was fabulous to work with! She was super accommodating (we had a lot of girls needing to get ready in a tiny cabin) and her work was stunning. I look back on my photos and can't believe it's actually me!! My makeup was absolutely perfect! She listened to my wants and didn't do anything without checking with me first (I'm a false eye lash newbie!) I would highly recommend her and her team for any time you need to look your absolute best! My bridesmaids and I have been joking that we need an event as an excuse to hire her again! I cannot rave about her enough :)

Beauty by Joy 24
    Beauty by Joy 25
    Beauty by Joy 26

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2017

Joy was wonderful! I love that she traveled to me on my wedding day and she made me and my bridesmaids feel beautiful! Definitely recommend her!

Beauty by Joy 27

Lyndsay · Married on 10/07/2017

Joy was really great to work with! She's extremely talented and was very accommodating. She took ample time during my trial to make sure I had a look I loved for my wedding day. My makeup lasted the entire day and looked gorgeous in photos. Thank you for everything, Joy!

Sent on 11/02/2017

Nancy · Married on 10/06/2017

I was so touched by how kind and caring Joy was toward each girl in the bridal party and then when it came time for her to do her magic on me, the mother of the bride, she was the BEST!!

Molly · Married on 09/30/2017

Joy was fabulous!! She was so accomadating. She drove such a distant to come do my makeup as the bride when she already had another wedding later in the day booked! When I went for the trial, Her shop was the cutest, clean, most welcoming place. She was super helpful and my makeup looked beautiful! I would recommend Joy to everyone!

Mackenzie · Married on 09/15/2017

Joy was wonderful to work with. I reached out to her after I had a trial with someone else and the makeup made me look like someone completely different. She listened to what I liked and she did amazing work not only on me but my mother and mother-in-law. I would recommend joy to anyone looking for a makeup artist for their big day.

Valerie · Married on 09/09/2017

Joy was amazing! She made me feel very comfortable. She really listened to me and gave advice off of my suggestions which was very important to me. She was very professional, on time and so sweet. My sister is getting married next year and we are using Joy again because everyone was so happy with the results! I highly recommend using her for the most important day of your life!
    Xo

Ashley · Married on 07/08/2017

Joy was amazing! I typically NEVER wear make up besides foundation on a day to day basis so I was a little worried about not looking "natural" for my wedding day. Boy oh boy did she hit it dead on! My bridesmaids were also so impressed with her work. I couldn't of been happier with the way my makeup looked! Joy deserves more than 5 stars! HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Beauty by Joy's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet comments, Ashley! I think our 'natural glam' bridal look was a perfect fit for you! Congrats and wishing you many years of happiness! :)

Amber · Married on 06/03/2017

Joy helped me feel more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. The airbrush makeup felt great on my skin for the whole day and night. I do not normally where very much makeup and I was very comfortable. Joy is probably the vendor my bridesmaids have complimented the most. My mom, my four bridesmaids, and I all loved our makeup.

Sent on 06/18/2017

Beauty by Joy's reply:

Wow, that is so awesome to hear!! Thanks a million for taking the time to write this review. I had such a great time working with you and your family. Hope to cross paths again, Amber! :)

Kaley · Married on 05/27/2017

Joy and her team did an amazing job for my wedding. She was very easy to get in touch with and was very flexible the day of the wedding. She did an amazing job with all of my ladies and we all loved the lashes!! She worked very well with my hair stylist the day of the wedding to coordinate and have flexibility to make the day run smoothly. She Provided me with a schedule prior to the day also which made things go a lot smoother. I would recommend Joy's services to everyone, it was such a pleasure working with her and her team of talented ladies!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Emily · Married on 04/22/2017

Joy was amazing!! She was fun, easy to work with and our makeup turned out perfectly!! It looked beautiful all night. She understood what I was looking for and it was better than I imagined. All of my bridesmaids and the Moms looked flawless, as well! I highly recommend hiring Joy for your big day!

Sent on 05/16/2017

Erica · Married on 11/26/2016

Joy and Mara bent over backwards to help me over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend when I had a cancellation before my wedding. They were quick to respond to my email and made it possible to have a last minute makeup trial for my rehearsal dinner and then makeup on site at my wedding. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and flexibility during a stressful time!!!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Beauty by Joy's reply:

Always happy to help a bride in need and so glad we were able to make it work for your big day! Thanks for the awesome feedback, wishing you many years of wedded bliss!

Christine · Married on 10/08/2016

Bottom line, Joy made me feel flawless on my wedding day. It really felt like I was getting advice from a great girlfriend about what did / did not look good on me. I had a number of girlfriends getting married at the same time as me and, I can say with complete confidence, Joy was the most responsive, flexible, patient makeup artist I could have worked with in the Pittsburgh area. From the trial to the morning of my wedding, Joy kept me in the loop and was incredibly organized and professional with scheduling and listening to what I wanted. I've had my makeup professionally done in the past and have ALWAYS ended up going back to fix something on my own. For myself and my four bridesmaids, not a single one of us wanted to touch anything on our faces because we felt so beautiful. Joy takes the time to talk through her process with you to make sure that she was understanding what we wanted and how we felt about the looks.

I truly felt like the best version of myself that day and would HIGHLY recommend Joy to any bride in the Pittsburgh area.

Sent on 11/09/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

I can not say enough amazing things about Joy. She was absolutely wonderful, listened to my ideas and brought my vision to life! I am so thankful I decided to have her as my makeup artist for my most important day! I will absolutely use her again in the future! Thank you Joy!!!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2016

I would highly recommend using JL makeup studio! They did a phenomenal job at my wedding. All my girls looked amazing and our makeup looked just as good at the end of the night as it did at the beginning. They were wonderful to work with and very professional.

Sent on 11/19/2016

Sara · Married on 09/17/2016

Joy was absolutely amazing and such a pleasure to work with! She is so talented and was truly able to bring my bridal vision to life. Joy was incredibly accommodating and traveled to the apartment where my bridesmaids and I were getting ready -- she adapted to the guest bedroom and made it feel like a real make-up studio! Her work is absolutely flawless and worth every penny! I would highly recommend Joy for any wedding!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Michelle · Married on 09/10/2016

Joy travelled to Deep Creek MD so myself and my bridesmaids could get ready in our hotel and it could not have been an easier process! She did such a great job with everyone's makeup and we got many compliments. I would highly recommend her to anyone and the best part is that the makeup stayed perfect all day and night even through endless dancing!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/25/2016

I can not thank Joy enough for the amazing job she did on my wedding day, she made me feel absolutely beautiful!! Her and her staff are great to work with as while!! I will def use Joy again in the future..

Sent on 11/01/2016

Jen · Married on 05/21/2016

Joy did a wonderful job on my wedding day. She arrived on time and did a beautiful job. She was wonderful to work with. Thanks so much Joy!

Sent on 06/01/2016
  • F

Francesca · Married on 08/09/2015

Finding a make-up artist for my Aug. 9, 2015 wedding was a difficult task. I didn't have a bridal party, had another vendor doing hair and picked a Sunday for our date. My decisions ended up eliminating so many options, but Joy was completely flexible and more than willing to work with my small party. She came highly recommended and did a fantastic job! She listened to everyone's wants and needs - my mother and mother-in-law also had their make-up done- while adding her own special touches. We all looked flawless! I can't thank her enough !

Sent on 08/24/2015