Beauty and the Beach Reviews

Beauty and the Beach 7
  • Paige

Paige Smith · Getting married on 10/11/2019

Professional, kind, generous!

I had a hair and makeup preview with Katie at her salon, and she was amazing! Right away my mom and I loved her welcoming energy, professionalism, and friendliness. She was thoughtful about asking me questions — both about what I wanted on the big day and about my fiancé and life in general. You can tell she knows her stuff and has a ton of experience making brides and their loved ones feel excited and comfortable. She was also really open to feedback and ideas, which I appreciated. I ended up hiring a friend of one of my family member's to do my hair and makeup for the wedding, but I'd love to go back to Katie to get my hair or makeup done for another event!

Sent on 07/22/2019
    Beauty and the Beach 8
    Beauty and the Beach 9

Brittani K · Married on 12/29/2018

Amazing hair and makeup team!

Beauty and the Beach was such an incredible part of our vendor team! My trail with Noemi was amazing... she was so flexible and patient with me as we tried style after style. And the wedding day hair/makeup for me and my bridesmaids could not have been more perfect! The Beauty and the Beach team was on time and so talented... they made us all look naturally beautiful! Could not say enough good things about Beauty and the Beach!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing services!

Choosing Beauty and the Beach to do my entire bridal parties hair and makeup for my wedding day was one of the best decisions I made. Noemi was so sweet and accommodating to my preferences during my hair/ makeup trial, which made me feel comfortable and put me at ease. On the day of my wedding, her and her team did my hair and makeup, 9 bridesmaids hair and makeup, 2 mothers hair and makeup. They were on time, worked quickly (which is a must for such a large party) and did flawless work. I will be using them for all my makeup needs in the future and recommending them to everyone!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Tamara

Tamara · Married on 11/03/2018

Gorgeous natural, beautiful wedding hair and makeup!

Hair and makeup was super important to me for our wedding day. Not only for myself, but my bridesmaids. I personally wear very little/natural makeup so I knew I wanted to look like the best version of my self, but still MYSELF! I've seen so many brides/bridesmaids that just look overworked and un-natural. When I first emailed Katie the owner of Beauty and Beach I was pleased to find her pricing easily accessible on her website and via our conversation. She was so nice and fun! I decided to use her as a "trial" for my engagement photos before booking her for our wedding. What a treat it was! She listened to my vision, made me feel super beautiful while still looking myself and was quick and easy to work with. I immediately booked her for our wedding. I think had my wedding trial with her 3 months before the big day. Again, she listened to everything I said, and despite my short hair, gave me a beautiful updo that looked timeless and stunning! Needless to say, on my wedding day I felt like a bride all thanks to Katie. Her assistant Naomi made my bridesmaids look just as beautiful and kept us on schedule and feeling happy the morning of. The icing on the cake was all of the compliments I got on my hair and makeup during the wedding. Thank you Katie for making my bridal dreams come true!

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 08/11/2018

Katie and her team were simply amazing!! I used Beauty and the Beach for my wedding in August. Katie was very responsive and professional. I usually do not like having my hair and make-up done. I've never been big in to hair and makeup, so I never know how to describe what I want when I have it done. Therefore, I was amazed at my trial when Katie got everything exactly how I wanted on the first try.

For the morning of my wedding, there were 12 women (myself included) getting both hair and makeup done. Katie and her team (3 other women) were so efficient, friendly, and talented. Every single one of us was thrilled with how our hair and makeup came out. I feel like that is saying a lot because there is usually always someone who is not happy. They were so great at listening to what we wanted and kept saying if we wanted anything changed to let them know. I really appreciate how accommodating and professional they were.

Thank you for making us all look so beautiful! I would highly recommended Beauty and the Beach!

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Beauty and the Beach 16
    Beauty and the Beach 17
    Beauty and the Beach 18

Kate · Married on 07/07/2018

Lucy was an absolute dream to work with! Through all of our interactions she was always prompt, sweet, thoughtful, and professional. She took extra time during our preview to get to know me and be sure she understood my vision for wedding hair and makeup. I usually wear very minimal makeup, so it was important to me that the look be natural but still special and different. She made a point to remember personal details from our conversations and ask about them each time we were in touch.

On the wedding day, Lucy and her team were prompt (they even beat us to the hotel!) and kept everything running on schedule. They were incredibly talented, and everyone who had hair and/or makeup done was thrilled with their look! Lucy took extra time to adjust a few things and make sure everything was perfect before I left for photos. She was such a sweet, calming presence on the day of. Lucy’s thoughtfulness, skill, professionalism, humor, and kindness are an amazing combination, and I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone looking for a hair and makeup artist for their wedding day! Thank you Lucy for helping make our day so perfect!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Karen · Married on 04/20/2018

Beauty and the Beach was great to work with! They were professional, flexible and timely. We had many people getting hair and make-up done on my wedding day, and they kept everything on time without rushing anyone, with an extra person coming in to help to make sure we were on time. Everyone's hair and make up looked wonderful! They captured what I wanted with hair and make-up, making things look beautiful yet natural. They were very pleasant to work with and responsive - I definitely recommend them!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Amanda · Married on 03/09/2018

Katie and her crew are FANTASTIC!! I have worked with Beauty and the Beach in other weddings as a bridesmaid and have loved what they do every time! I knew that I wanted them to do my bridal hair and makeup for my big day. I got married on a very rainy day and Katie assured me the entire time that the rain was no biggie and everything was going to be perfect. She made me feel so comfortable and on top of that her hair and makeup skills are superb! The hair and makeup preview before the wedding was SO much fun and exciting to see how my hair and makeup would look on the big day. My mother-in-law did a preview too and was over the moon for Katie's work and Katie in general! I highly recommend Beauty and the Beach to any bride or bridal party looking for naturally gorgeous hair and makeup!

Sent on 03/28/2018

Liz · Married on 02/17/2018

I wish I could give more than 5 stars! Katie is amazing! I've never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day. I loved that my makeup was more natural looking and that they use individual lashes instead of strips( and it's included in the makeup price!). My hair and makeup stayed perfectly all day and night long. The other artists did a beautiful job on all my girls and were super friendly as well. I am also so thankful I booked Katie because she's so fun to talk to and also calming at the same time. I wasn't feeling that great the morning of my wedding, but as soon as I sat in Katie's chair to get my makeup done all was great again. Thanks Katie!

Sent on 02/24/2018

Megan · Married on 11/04/2017

Noemi from Beauty and the Beach made all of my bridal dreams come true. My hair was romantic and bridal but still very me. I had been pretty nervous about it and she was so patient and sweet. My makeup was beautiful and stayed all night. I really felt so beautiful that day and it would not have been the same if it wasn’t for Noemi. She was wonderful to work with, a beautiful person inside and out!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Beauty and the Beach OC did a great job on my hair and make up. I also hired them to do my bridesmaids and mother of the bride hair/ make up. They were on time the day of the wedding and were very timely in doing everyone's hair/make up. I would highly recommend them! The hair and makeup came out flawless and the photos looks amazing!! Really friendly artists as well. No problems, and pretty reasonably prices. Thank you for making me and my group gorgeous!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Eri · Married on 06/03/2017

Katie and Shawna did a BEAUTIFUL job for my and my bridesmaids' hair & makeup. I needed 9 hair, 3 makeup, and hair&makeup for the bride and they did everything super fast and everyone looked amazing!! I got so many compliments on my updo (beautiful bun on the side with braids). I loved how natural she made my makeup look. Airbrush covered all blemishes on my face and made me look like my skin was super soft and healthy. Thank you for allowing me to feel so beautiful on my wedding day! I can't believe her prices are so affordable because the quality of her work is OUTSTANDING :)

Katie is also extremely personable and you can tell she is just such a genuine person. On the week of my wedding, I had my hair&makeup preview on Wednesday, hair done for a cocktail reception on Friday, and hair&makeup done for the wedding done on Saturday so I spent a significant amount of time with her that week. It was so fun talking to her that it made getting ready so much more fun for me.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Sasha · Married on 04/29/2017

For my wedding day Noemi and Mariah were my hair and makeup artists. They did such a beautiful job with me and my bridesmaids! They were on time and so friendly. I will definitely contact beauty and the beach for any future services I may need!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Karen · Married on 03/11/2017

I'm so glad I found Beauty and the Beach. I was unhappy with my trials from other vendors and was stuck searching for a stylist a couple weeks before my wedding. Thankfully Heather and Katie were available! Heather created an awesome updo giving my very thin hair lots of volume and texture. Katie stepped in to help Heather with hair and makeup for the rest of my family members on my wedding day. Thank you ladies!!

Sent on 04/06/2017

Lauren · Married on 09/04/2016

Katie and her team are absolutely amazing! They handled hair and make-up for my wedding (myself, 7 bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law), and everything was gorgeous. I wanted a really natural look and a soft updo, and Katie was able to complete my vision exactly. The trial was a great part of the services, as I got to see a few different hair options and an idea of what my make-up would look like the day of. They were so pleasant on the morning of the wedding and everyone's make-up lasted all day long. Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Courtney · Married on 06/10/2016

Katie was absolutely AMAZING!!! She was so great when I decided to change my hair completely just a week before the wedding due to high humidity reports. It came out better than I had imagined in a low updo with braids and curls! Her airbrush makeup is FLAWLESS!! I couldn't believe how amazing I looked!! My girls' and moms' hair was perfect and makeup looked fantastic! I can't believe she and her assistant were able to make everyone look so great. Not only was her work great, but she was so down to earth and easy to talk to which made the getting ready process so fun! I'd highly recommend Katie and her girls to help make you look and feel stunning on your big day!!!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Jenna · Married on 06/04/2016

Katie is a total pro. I actually had originally booked someone else who backed out, and I reached out to Katie as soon as it happened. Serendipitously, she was available on my day due to a cancelled trip, and I am SO fortunate it worked out that way. She responded to all my emails and questions quickly in the days leading up. My mom and I both went for a trial about a month before, and we knew I had made the right call booking Katie. We both looked FANTASTIC and she did my hair exactly how I had imagined it. Our makeup was flawless. We looked like ourselves but glammed up, which is the exact look i wanted. She and one of her girls (Lucy) came to my mom's house the day of the wedding and arrived on time and ready to go. They were both so much fun to have around while we were getting ready. We had the music going and great conversation. She got us out the door right when we needed to, which is really important when trying to stay on schedule. We all looked absolutely stunning. Everyone was commenting on our hair and makeup. I would definitely recommend Katie and her crew for your big day!

Sent on 06/21/2016

Caroline · Married on 05/07/2016

Beauty and the Beach is my FAVORITE glam squad out there!! In the past, I didn't like getting my hair and make up done and ended up changing it every time, but Katie and her team are the only ones I've found who do it perfectly how I like it. I love how they make the hair and make up both look somewhat natural, yet "done up" for the occasion. They did my sister-in-law's wedding, a few friends' wedding, and my own wedding. I'd use them for anything I need to get glammed up for and would HIGHLY recommend them for anyone's special day!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Noemi did a fabulous job for me and my mom on my wedding day. She was funny, thoughtful, and was a great listener. She made my mom and I look like ourselves, only with a little more oomph! It was just what I was hoping for and felt very fortunate to have found her. My makeup stayed the whole night and my hair looked beautiful into the next day for brunch. Thanks Noemi!

Sent on 05/11/2016
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 06/27/2015

Katie and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with! Katie is incredibly warm and friendly and helped me feel at ease during my preview and on the wedding day. She's very open to making adjustments based on feedback, and I truly loved my hair and makeup on my wedding day. Her assistants also did an amazing job with my bridesmaids' and mother's hair--they all looked stunning. I would highly recommend Beauty and the Beach! Thank you, Katie, for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Karen · Married on 06/19/2015

Heather was a phenomal makeup artist with a very easy-going and flexible attitude that took all the stress out of worrying how I'd look on my wedding day. My makeup was exactly as I'd hoped and stayed exactly in place all day, looking great in all the photos. Her studio/shop was a fun place to get ready (since my small venue did not have a dressing area) and sip on mimosas before the festivites began!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Jackie · Married on 06/06/2015

I was referred to beauty and the beach by our venue/planner. After having some bad experiences with other make-up artists never getting back to me and not feeling professional they were a refreshing change of pace. We got Noemi who is adorable and amazing, she did a preview with me and my mom and worked with us for about 4 hours until I loved my hair (I had something very specific in mind). On the day of she and her assistant were on time and totally prepared, they did an AMAZING job, my hair and make-up were stunning and I couldn't have been happier. Thank you Noemi!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Monica · Married on 03/20/2015

I had such a lovely experience with Beauty and the Beach! The reason I had such a great experience is all because of Katie, the owner. She is such a kind person with genuine intentions and truly cares about making you feel like a beautiful bride for the most special day of your life. I hired her and she brought along 3 other artists to do me, my bridal party and mom's hair and makeup (8 of us total and they got us all ready in 4 hours). We all looked absolutely stunning that day. Katie always replied to emails promptly, was always incredibly friendly, and made us all feel so relaxed and comfortable when we were getting ready. I would recommend her in a heartbeat and she is worth every penny. You will not regret choosing her to do your hair and makeup.

Sent on 02/27/2015

Katie is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've recommended her to two people and have had her do my hair and make up twice. One for being a MOH and the other for my wedding.

She has a great personality that will ease your nerves on your special day. She's kind, sweet, comforting, HILARIOUS, and most of all, she's quick and truly knows what she's doing. She's detail oriented and won't leave until you're perfection.

A very honest person with true kindness and HIGH END talent.

If I was in another wedding and the bride was using a different vendor -- i'd go to Katie on my own. Yes, she's that incredible.

Prices are comparable too! No complaints at all.

Sent on 01/24/2015

Randi · Married on 11/22/2014

I had to go through almost FIVE wedding hair and makeup stylist. It was absolutely ridiculous how many stylist wouldn't respond to my messages about setting up trials. It wasn't until my best friend Shari's wedding that I found the perfect woman for the job. Katie and her team are true artist of their trade. Katie made me feel so beautiful on my wedding day and at my trials. She was so easy to work with and get creative with. Not only was she professional, but it felt like hanging out with one of my best girlfriends. She is laid back and great at what she does.

If you haven't picked a stylist yet for your wedding, look no further because your most likely wasting your time with anyone else. Beauty and the Beach are the BEST!!!

THANKS KATIE!