Beat Train Productions Reviews

Beat Train Productions 7
  • Haya

Haya · Married on 04/06/2019

Danced All Night

Spencer Henderson was our DJ for our wedding and he was more than what we hoped for. We spent some time talking to him customizing our event and leaning on his guidance to assist with the flow of the wedding day. He's very responsive and during the reception kept the crowd dancing all night. We received so many compliments about how great he was and the music was amazing! There was always someone on the dance floor and he read the room to ensure all ages felt included throughout the night with his customized playlist. We're so happy to have found him!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Ally

Ally Millar · Married on 03/16/2019

Incredible DJ - Joe Lopez is the best

I cannot recommend Beat Train highly enough, and in particular Joe Lopez, who was our DJ. We had a somewhat untraditional event (minimum formalities, was mostly a party at a nightclub venue) and Joe was on point every step of the way. He was incredibly responsive and got the vibe perfectly. He also managed the room amazingly - the set up encouraged a lot of lounging and people were not being the biggest dancers (despite literally everyone approaching me to say the music was amazing!) and he reworked the set list a bit to keep it chill and rebuild to get people dancing - and sure enough people started up. I really loved working with him and would hire him again in a heartbeat. Like I said, everyone complimented us endlessly on the music and the vibe and I know I enjoyed myself tremendously. Thank you to Joe and to Beat Train for making it a perfect evening.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Pamela Karkut · Married on 12/12/2018

Talented DJ!

Nick was the most amazing DJ we could ever find. We contacted Nick Ferrington as soon as we got engaged and had previously seen him DJ at our good friends wedding in Newport, RI. He created the exact scene we asked for, we wanted it to feel like a party in Las Vegas- and that is exactly what our guests took home!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 12/08/2018

5 stars for DJ Jeff Durand and the Beat Train team!

Jeff Durand was incredible. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish. His mixes brought together all of our favorites and some other hits that we hadn't thought of that really got the party going. Multiple guests told us how much they loved the DJ and we've already recommended him to another bride-to-be. We also had a photobooth run by Jonathan, who was also awesome. The photobooth was a hit and he was so patient with our very eager guests. The Beat Train team made everything very simple and clear - highly recommend.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Erin · Married on 11/03/2018

Everyone.. EVERYONE danced all night!!

We hired Beat Train Productions based on their reviews. I was nervous, because we didn't get a personal recommendation, or get to experience any of the DJs in person ahead of time, but my nerves went out the window once we started talking with Beat Train Productions. We had a phone call to get to know each other and who the different DJs were. Some of the DJs had different price ranges and we went with Greg Lanzillotta based on price, style and reviews. Beat Train Productions sends a survey to get a feel for your music styles, what you're looking for and any specific Must Plays, Maybe Plays and Do Not Plays. We had also asked Greg to piece together two songs for our introduction to the reception, and he did so flawlessly. Typically, you will not find me on the dance floor at an event. I'll dance to a couple songs, but not much. Greg knew how to keep a party going. I barely left the dance floor! Everyone danced all night... our friends, our parents, their friends.. people of all ages and personalities were dancing. Usually there’s that awkward build up of people slowly getting out there, but for us it felt like the instant the dance floor “opened” everyone was there, and stayed there. My body actually ached for days from dancing so much. Greg did a great job of reading the crowd and keeping us having fun. He was non intrusive and had none of the cheesy DJ jokes, outfits, decor or announcements. I am so grateful Greg was our DJ. We have received so many compliments from our guests on how the music was great, and it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. Book Greg (and Beat Train Productions) NOW!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Tom Brewster · Married on 10/27/2018

Very Positive Experience

From the initial outreach to the day of the wedding, Nick and everyone at Beat Train were awesome. I can't say enough good things about Nick and I will certainly be referring him to friends and family. We gave Nick the freedom to do his job and not inundate him with requests - the dance party last well over 3 hours and we got a lot of great feedback from guests on the music selection.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Tom! It was so great working with you and Taylor. :) Wishing you all the best!

Scott · Married on 10/20/2018

Best wedding DJ in the business!

I had been to two weddings which one of Beat Train's DJs (Nick Ferrington) did. He did a fantastic job at each of them. He was professional with announcements, the music sounded great and he made awesome music selections for both dinner and dancing. When it came time to plan my own wedding Nick was the only DJ I wanted. He was extremely helpful in the planning process and made everything stress free, easy and fun. He was accepting of all of our requests and suggested great improvements. I had complete trust that he would do a great job at our event, that kind of peace of mind is invaluable. The Beat Train contract and terms of service were straight forward and easy to deal with.

Needless to say Nick knocked our wedding out of the park. Would recommend this vendor to anyone without hesitation. Thanks Nick!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Rebecca · Married on 10/14/2018

Thanks DJ Tim and Beat Train!

Tim DJ'd our wedding in October 2018 and absolutely killed it. Everyone was dancing all night, and several guests told us the next day that they thought Tim was amazing. We had several conversations with him prior to the day, and he really got to know us and completely understood the vibe we were going for. He got to the venue early to set up and make sure everything was ready to go. The price was reasonable, and we didn't have to pay extra for a speaker and mic for the reception site. We can't thank Tim enough for helping us throw a great party!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Amanda Sibley · Married on 10/12/2018

Top compliment at wedding was the music!

One of the most complimented parts of our wedding from guests was the music playlist by Greg. I told Greg early on that I wanted people dancing the entire time, and that we had a very mixed group of musical preferences. Somehow Greg was able to keep the dance floor packed the entire wedding, pleasing 30 year old and 60 year olds alike.

Working with Greg leading up to the wedding was a pleasure, and I appreciated his candor when I had question I didn’t know (example: no idea there was a “cake cutting” song). After much stress about music, I ended up just telling Greg I trusted him completely to keep things going, and I was not disappointed at all. He helped us select great dinner music, first dances, and last song, and even made a special medley for one of our first dances.

I was looking for a DJ that wasn’t too “in your face” but instead helped make the party flow, and Greg did just that. He was very professional, and really added to the entire night. I’m so glad we went with Greg, and I will use him again if I ever need a DJ, and would recommend him to any friend getting married in the Boston area.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2018

Not enough positive things to say about Nick and the Beat Train Productions team. From start to finish, they were wonderful to work with. Nick completely understood the vibe we were going for and did an amazing job playing hit after hit on the dance floor, which was mobbed all night! He truly listened and internalized the kinds of songs we wanted. Our guests kept commenting on how much they loved the DJ. We were so glad we went with Beat Train and so happy to have gotten Nick as our DJ!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Emily Besen · Married on 10/06/2018

Could not have asked for better from Shane and Beat train!

Beat Train and DJ Shane were amazing! Super responsive but also felt like we could trust their expertise to make sure our wedding was a blast. Shane had everyone, including my 90-year old aunt with a cane, dancing the whole night! His pre-wedding planning sheet was super helpful in articulating what we were looking for. Highly recommend Shane and Beat Train!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Emily, it was great working together!! Wishing you all the best. :)
    Cheers,
    Jake

Robert Leslie · Married on 10/05/2018

Jeff Gilbride KILLED IT!!!

We worked with Jeff Gilbride from Beat Train Productions in the summer and fall of 2018 (we got married on Oct 5, 2018). First off, their website is amazing. They have sample set videos of each DJ, as well as samples of the DJ’s announcing the wedding party in. It made it so easy to review each DJ profile, listen to them spin, and make some initial decisions.

We liked Jeff the most from his video and his style. We wanted someone who would keep the party and dancing going all night. And he did not disappoint. Right from the first song he had everyone on the dance floor. He played an amazing set. No one say down the entire time and he mixed in so many songs. The energy was amazing and we received so many compliments on the music.

Jeff was also very professional and easy to work with. We spoke to him a few times prior to our wedding and made sure we were on the same page with the music and tone of the evening. We couldn’t recommend Jeff (and Beat Train) any higher.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Karianne Policastro · Married on 10/05/2018

Shane was THE BEST! Thanks Beat Train!

My husband and I worked with Shane Page at Beat Train Productions to DJ our October 2018 wedding and he did an amazing job! We would give him 100 stars if we could. He took the time to meet with my husband and I during the planning process and gave us his tips and recommendations which went a long way. On the big day he followed the day of schedule with precision and kept the party going all through the night. We recommend Shane to all newly engaged couples :)

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 09/30/2018

Amazing DJ

Joel did such a great job and played exactly what we wanted him to when we wanted him to. He also was able to play the perfect music based off the vibe of the crowd.

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Beat Train Productions 8

Morissa Henn · Married on 09/29/2018

An amazing wedding DJ experience

Nick is the best. He helped make our Boston-area wedding a huge success, and we would hire him again in a heartbeat. He proved to be everything we wanted in a DJ: talented, professional, reliable, enthusiastic, and creative. By far the easiest and most responsive vendor we worked with during our wedding, Nick consistently went the extra mile to tailor to our venue, adapt to our style and preferences, and make the whole event come together even better than we could have imagined.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Abby Cohan · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding DJ Greg L.

Greg Lanzillotta did an amazing job DJing at our wedding. Greg was professional, very easy to work with, and provided us with guidance when we weren't initially sure how our music preferences were going to fit into our wedding. My husband and I have indie music tastes, which don't generally transfer well to the dance floor but Greg was able to work artists and songs we liked into the dinner service and then also keep the dance floor packed! Greg's mixing skills were great and he was able to play music that appealed to both the youngest and oldest generations in the crowd. We would highly recommend Greg and Beat Train to anyone!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Sean Godbout · Married on 09/29/2018

A great experience

We were married on 9/29/18, and our reception was in a tent at a farm in Western Massachusetts (private residence). Jeff and Beat Train Productions were great. We couldn’t be happier with their services.

There were a couple of very good conversations with Jeff, in advance of the event – he was professional, patient and helpful in making suggestions about the sequence of the reception. He was flexible in his start time and the plan for the day.

During the reception we asked Jeff to focus on the music (rather than entertaining the crowd – my brothers-in-law were really the emcee) and what a job he did! He read the crowd, kept the party going at a high level and there was a lot of dancing. The music he chose for the cocktail hour and dinner were also spot on. In looking over the playlist the week after, there was a lot of great music!

I would adhere to Beat Train’s information planning sheet, which suggests limiting the “required” songs to a minimum (say five) and then adding as many “maybes” as you want. That way the DJ has flexibility in selecting the music for that moment. We were thrilled with Jeff’s choices and I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/24/2018
  • Andrew

Andrew Derek Morrison · Married on 09/29/2018

Danced the night away!

Shane was amazing! We had such a blast and everyone at our wedding keeps going on about it being the MOST FUN wedding of all times, the music was spot on and everyone were dancing the night away!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Q

Quincy · Married on 09/29/2018

Dj sam turner is the best!

We can't say enough about our experience with DJ Sam Turner and Beat Train Productions. We were in the market for a DJ for our September wedding and were drawn to Sam because he had so may glowing on-line reviews. He not only lived up to the hype but far exceed our expectations. He stayed in communication with us, both via email and in person, as we put our ceremony and reception together. He is definitely an artist and curated the perfect playlist for our day. Our guests complimented us on our music throughout the cocktail hour and dinner and then stayed on the dance floor from song one until the bitter end. Sam knows what he is doing. You will not find a better DJ for your wedding. And he's a very cool guy! We adore you, Sam. Thank you! Q and R

Sent on 11/26/2018

Caitlin · Married on 09/23/2018

Beat Train was our first choice right off the bat. Ari had done my sister in law/brother in laws wedding years ago and was amazing. I reached out and was quickly sent an email with available DJs for our date. From his profile, mixes and hip hop night accolades- I knew Jeff Gilbride was it. Jeff absolutely crushed it. I have gotten so many compliments from wedding guests from age 5 to 80 on how amazing he was. He totally got us and our vibe and created the perfect soundtrack to a perfect day! Thanks is much Jeff!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Matana · Married on 09/16/2018

We decided to use a DJ group for the safety of redundancy, and it also allowed us to choose from a range of different experience levels while still having the resource of a group of more veteran DJ behind them. I choose Beat Train because they had great reviews in the Greater Boston Area and we chose Tim specifically because of his mixtape samples we streamed on their site. When Tim told us ours would be his first Jewish wedding I wasn’t worried at all because I knew the leadership that he was working with. Tim was extremely personable and able to work with the customization of our ceremony. His timing for the music cues and all the moments throughout the ceremony and celebration were perfect. It was a Sunday evening wedding of mostly family so it wasn’t the rager that some weddings may be, and Tim was able to keep the music at the appropriate tone and people were on the floor until the end. Leading up to the wedding the Beat Train group was easy to work with, they made special accomodations for payment methods and deadlines as we were planning the wedding from abroad. Tim was very communicative throughout the entire process. All around recommend the group and Tim specifically!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

We had such an amazing experience with DJ Jeff Gilbride. Our photographer recommended Beat Train and after reading the reviews on Jeff, we knew he would be perfect for our wedding. We had a wide age range of guest and he kept everyone on the dancefloor for three hours- no lie. Our guest could not stop raving about him-. He just knew when to play the right song and did such an amazing job mixing your typically wedding jams with top hits. I even asked for some country jams and he somehow mixed them in perfectly and had everyone on their feet. Prior to our wedding, Jeff was on top of everything and made us feel completely comfortable leading up to the big day. I would recommend Jeff to anyone!

Sent on 09/17/2018
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/02/2018

Best decision ever!

Greg from Beat Train Productions is AMAZING!! He was so easy to work with from start to finish -- super flexible, easy going, and calm. His experience with and passion for music is evident, and he caught on quickly to our vision and the type of music/vibe that we were looking for on our special day. It was really important to us that our friends and family had a great time and danced the night away, and Greg made that happen by playing hit after hit :) He is also amazing at mixing songs and transitioning seamlessly from song to song, so there was never a dull moment. Greg is also extremely prepared and professional and showed up hours before he was set to start to get set up and make sure everything was working properly. We were also nervous about "cheesy" DJs and Greg's style was the opposite of that. We had so much fun dancing the night away, and received tons of compliments from our guests about Greg -- we highly recommend Beat Train / Greg Lanzillotta for your big day!

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • April

April · Married on 09/01/2018

Shane Rocks!

We can’t say enough good things about Shane's performance as our wedding DJ. He was with us every step of the way, happily willing to walk us through, and often co-plan, every detail of the evening. The set he devised for our night was absolutely stellar, he made our celebration a seamless performance and an EPIC party! All in all, we are so thankful for the incredible job that he did, and would recommend him to anyone without reservation.

Sent on 12/04/2018