Beat Train Productions Reviews

Beat Train Productions 4
Beat Train Productions 5

Hannah · Married on 10/13/2019

Fantastic experience

We worked with Jake and he was fantastic. From our planning meeting he got a good idea of our music taste and sent us potential playlist ideas for cocktail hour and dinner for us to play with. Right off the bat the music was on point for both of us (we have different taste in music). He created a great party atmosphere for the dancing portion and is just a really nice guy to work with and extremely responsive. I would highly recommend Jake and Beat Train Productions to all of you planning your weddings now!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • larinakin

Karina · Married on 10/04/2019

Hire Beat Train's DJ Greg for your wedding!

All I can say is WOW. Our DJ, Greg, kept our dance floor full ALL NIGHT with plenty of songs that made people go "ahh!" and get back to dancing even if they just had sat down. I had a ton of people come up to me and ask me who our DJ was. If you want to keep people dancing all night (you do!), please hire Beat Train Productions.

Finding a DJ was the hardest part of our wedding vendor search. There were so many DJs with websites that were cringey, or tried to up-sell themselves in ways where it was so hard to get to know what music would actually be playing at our wedding. We knew immediately Beat Train was the one for us even just from the website -- they're so transparent with the styles of their different DJs and have plenty of sample tracks. Our conversation with Jake was great -- he worked hard to get a sense of our music tastes and confirmed Greg Lanzillotta would be a great fit for what we wanted (we already knew this from the sample tracks we listened to!). The whole process of planning went so smoothly. We kept in touch with Greg over email and phone, and he was able to nail down all the details he needed as the MC. Greg had worked at our venue before and his set-up and all the small details were all things we barely needed to worry about. Everything was so buttoned up and we were seriously impressed.

Sent on 11/20/2019

Adrienne Lohe · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazingly talented and professional DJ

We contacted Beat Train Productions after my sister-in-law's wedding in Sept. 2018. Luckily for us, Tim Ahler was available to DJ our wedding and he nailed it! Tim was SO responsive and organized in the months leading up to our wedding, including coordinating with another musician playing at our ceremony. He set up 3 speaker systems - at our ceremony site, the cocktail hour, and of course the reception. He did a fantastic job and kept the dance floor packed all night long. Family members that hadn't danced in years were out there with us, which meant so much and made it a night to remember. I highly recommend Tim and Beat Train based on my experience with them--highly professional, talented, and all around great to work with.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Kerry Sullivan · Married on 09/21/2019

Jake Nissen is the best!

Jake was the DJ for our wedding last Saturday and he was awesome! He worked with me for a few months on perfecting our procession song. We spoke over the phone a few times, met in person and emailed back and forth. Jake never seemed annoyed with me pestering him all the time and always answered my questions. He played all the music we chose and also added in some stuff that got the crowd up and dancing! Cannot say enough great things about Jake! My husband and I said we want to get married every weekend and have Jake DJing for us!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much, Kerry! Jake really loved working with you guys. So glad to hear that the custom processional song worked out so well! Wishing you the very best!! :)

Joseph Grant · Married on 09/21/2019

A+ Experience

Working with Beat Train and specifically DJ Jeff Gilbride was a great experience. We were searching online for wedding DJs and came across a clip of Jeff mixing and we knew then that he was our guy. It was clear just from that short video that he's extremely talented and passionate. The entire process with Beat Train was a breeze - they always answered our questions quickly and fully, and we also booked the photobooth which was a big hit with our wedding guests as well.

Jeff was great throughout the entire process. He was very clear and communicative, and even though I'm a worrier by nature, I was never once concerned about the timeline or schedule as he kept us informed every step of the way. We also went back and forth multiple times with some changes to our request list, and our processional and recessional music, and Jeff took everything in stride. And when the actual wedding came - he knocked it out of the park. The music was exactly what we hoped for, and we're still getting compliments 3 weeks after our wedding about how great the DJ and the music was, and the dance floor was packed for the entire evening. My only complaint - I wish Jeff had somehow recorded his set so I could play it back!

I cannot recommend Beat Train and DJ Jeff Gilbride highly enough! 10/10.

Sent on 10/11/2019

Sarah Mullane · Married on 09/07/2019

Spencer Henderson - 9.7.19 - Cambridge, MA

Spencer made our wedding! He was just wonderful to work with from start to finish. We met in person before the event to ensure we were on the same page, then followed up with a phone call to lock in the details. He took our suggestions and blended in his own ideas tastefully. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had an awesome time. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Jessica

jessica milewski · Married on 09/07/2019

So fun! Greg was great!

Greg was amazing! So many people came up to me during my wedding and said thy've never been to a wedding that had the dance floor packed all night long. I gave Greg a general playlist and he stuck to it but also when I had last minute requests he played them no problem the day of! He was so nice and friendly to work with. Would definitely hire again and again given the opportunity.

Sent on 10/29/2019

linh · Married on 08/31/2019

Seriously, just book them! The best

Ugh, my husband and I don't have enough words to explain how great Beat Train Productions were. We used them both for the Photobooth and DJ services.

The DJ - we had the pleasure of working with Joe Lopez and he was just all around so amazing to work with. We had to customize some of our songs and he had no problems helping us with it all. We gave him a list of some genres we liked and he chose such great songs! EVERYONE was dancing and people kept on raving on how amazing our DJ was that even one person approached him about possibly doing their wedding

The Photobooth - honestly, every wedding we have gone to, we never thought twice about the quality of the photos until we saw how they came out for ours and let me tell you... they are FLAWLESS. They came out so so good and we couldn't be happier with them. It's seriously the best quality photo's we've seen yet.

All in all, we loved Beat Train Productions and their team. Everyone was so nice and accommodating and it just made our wedding day so much more stress free and we're just so thankful for that.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words Linh!! So glad to hear how happy you were with Joe and the photobooth. :) Wishing you all the best!!
  • Lauren

Lauren Mason · Married on 08/31/2019

If you want the dreamiest and most fun wedding ever, hire them.

We got married a little over a month ago, on August 31st, over Labor Day weekend in NH. The music is one of our most vivid memories from our wedding—Jake Nissen from Beat Train absolutely NAILED it. When I think about our wedding, I instantly get teary-eyed. Legitimately, every single time. ALL of our favorite songs were played, at JUST the right time. Even songs we didn't know we wanted to be played, got played.

Working with Jake was for sure one of the easiest things about our wedding planning process. We spoke to him over the phone when we first were considering hiring Beat Train in July 2018 and we were instantly sold on Jake (the first vendor we hired after the venue, actually). We talked over email here and there over the year, worked on an online client portal together, and then as the wedding approached we met him in downtown Boston this past July so we all could get to know each other better. In all situations, Jake is likely the nicest person you will ever work with—he is sweet, responsive, flexible, and you can tell he loves helping his clients make their vision come to life. He even worked with my cousins who were our ceremony musicians, and offered help as needed. And then for the day of, Jake was (hands down) the best wedding DJ we have ever seen (and we've been to a LOT of weddings!). There was zero cheesiness or dance floor gimmicks, which is something we have seen at some other weddings (and definitely didn't want!). Jake brought great energy, there were zero lulls in dancing, and people were loving the music so much they were stomping the floors as they danced!! At one point, I was nervous for the barn floors! I've never, ever seen that at a wedding. And then, the encore at the end is testament to how much fun people were having the whole night ("One more song!")

Sent on 10/09/2019

Veronica · Married on 08/24/2019

Beat Train is hands-down the best!

In 2017 we attended 7 weddings. We realized that there were a lot of bad DJ's out there, HOWEVER one of the weddings was DJ'ed by Nick from Beat Train - we were SO impressed that I went up at the end of the night to ask for his info (this was before we even got engaged). As soon as we were engaged at the end of the year, I reached out to Beat Train and requested Nick before he got booked. The staff at Beat Train responded immediately and within a few weeks, Nick set up a call with us to get to know us, our style, what we were looking for, etc. Closer to our wedding date, he met with us in person to discuss the timeline, style etc. Beat Train also had an online portal where we could let them know about our first dance, formalities, etc. We also populated an Apple playlist and put the link for them to reference the songs we wanted. We also didn't want a DJ who was mean to guests (we've experienced that), did line dances (which we think is tacky), talked too much (we've experienced that too), and had state of the art equiptment (dead mic/mics cutting out ruined a best man speech at a wedding we attended).
    Guests were on the dancefloor the whole night and, even though the town had a sound ordinance at 10 PM, the music kept going (Nick apologized but no one noticed!). We've had so many guests comment on how great Nick was and how great the music was- even a few have asked for their info. I would HIGHLY recommend Beat Train for any special event! They kept our guests on their feet!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Mae · Married on 08/17/2019

Absolutely perfect!

I would recommend Beat Train and specifically, our DJ - Greg Lanzillotta - to ANYONE. Beat Train was professional and responsive, and super easy to book with. Greg absolutely slayed - we got married two weeks ago and I am still having friends and family reach out to tell me how amazing the music was! Greg accommodated every one of our requests, and somehow played EXACTLY what we wanted to hear at every single moment. He is an absolute professional, and extremely talented. If you are considering booking with him, do so without hesitation! He is the best!

Beat Train Productions 6
    Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 08/10/2019

DJ Tim made our wedding music dreams come true!

We worked with DJ Tim Ahler for our wedding and he did such an outstanding job!!!! He was extremely professional, prompt, organized, and knew exactly when to play the best songs to keep the crowd on the dance floor. He was extremely receptive to our song ideas and helpful in mashing up a track we needed for one of our parent dances. All of our guests were raving about him and the music! We looked into several different DJ companies and Beat Train was the only company that actually called us at the time they said they were going to. They were very prompt and helpful in their responses to our questions. We would highly recommend booking them!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Taylor

Taylor Minton · Married on 08/10/2019

Danced All Night!

I loved working with DJ Jake at Beat Train! Not only did he help us come up with playlists that felt authentic to us as a couple, but he also played downright danceable hits that kept people on their feet all night. Jake was very kind to work on multiple iterations of our playlists for cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing and was super quick to respond during the planning process. We are very happy with our choice to have Jake DJ at our wedding and could not recommend him enough!

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2019

Shane Page was masterful!

We chose Beat Train on the basis of their reputation for no-nonsense DJing -- no dumb party games, just great music. We hired Shane Page for six hours, and could not be happier with our choice. He reached out to us a few months before our wedding to chat over Skype, and the conversation definitely put us at ease about being on the same page in terms of our needs & musical tastes. Shane is charming and enjoyable to be around -- which is an important quality in someone who is going to be a consistent presence throughout your wedding day! He executed every part of the evening according to our wishes and earned us compliments from some of the biggest music snobs among our guests. Last but not least, he delivered an absolutely adorable moment (captured on insta by out wedding coordinator) by patiently explaining his DJing software to our 10-year-old nephew who loves music! Shane is a fantastic DJ and all-around great guy.

Beat Train Productions 7
    Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Diane

Diane Kaplan · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect preparation, and an incredible night of dancing!

We knew Beat Train Productions from an incredible night of dancing at my brother’s wedding a few years back, so we knew we wanted to use them. Working with Jeff Gilbride went so smoothly: it felt relaxed but also like he had everything taken care of. He asked great questions along the way, worked through his plan with us to smooth out any questions ahead of time, and everything ran according to plan on the big day, so the preparation-part was an A+. Then let’s talk about the DJing! The energy on the dance floor was incredible. Jeff included so many killer songs, perfectly mixed so the momentum stayed the whole time, and he made good on hitting a TON of our requested artists/songs even though they spanned different eras/genres- it was all just natural and dancey and awesome. I love dancing and was really hoping that it would go well, and I didn’t leave the dancefloor the whole night because I was having so much fun- euphoria! I got lots of comments that this was the best wedding DJ people had heard, but even more important than the comments was seeing so many of my non-dancing friends out there having fun! I cannot recommend Jeff Gilbride highly enough!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Shauna

Shauna · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Experience!

So happy with our experience with Beat Train Productions. We worked with Nick, and he was amazing! From our initial planning phone call he totally understood what we were looking for. We wanted the music to be amazing, nothing "cheesy", and no cringe worthy yelling over the music. Prior to our day we met with Nick to go over all the details and uplighting color. The day of our wedding we were blown away by the music selections all being completely perfect. I am so particular when it comes to music, and could not be more pleased with the music played at our reception. We will be recommending Beat Train to all our friends!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Gregory Allen · Married on 06/16/2019

No complaints whatsoever

We had Nick Ferrington for our June 2019 wedding, and he did a fantastic job. He was very easy to work with before the wedding, when he helped us include our favorites in his playlists and offered very helpful recommendations in terms of which of our favorites might be better for dinner vs the dance floor. During the wedding he ran a perfect ceremony from a sound and microphone perspective, and then he very expertly managed the playlist to keep just about the whole wedding party on their feet the whole night. He played all of our "must play" requests, knew when was the right time to transition to a new song, and all of his contributions to the playlist were big hits with the wedding party. No complaints whatsoever.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Jennifer Roach · Married on 06/15/2019

Great experience working with Tim Ahler!

We hired Tim Ahler through Beat Train Productions for our wedding. Tim was very professional, organized, and thoughtful when it came to making a playlist and timeline that worked best for us. We had a pretty complicated timeline for the day, and he was there for every cue! He even came to the site the night before to help with the rehearsal and run through a sound check with our ceremony music performers. Thanks Tim!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Brenna Barr · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing DJ!

Tim Ahler at Beat Train was fantastic to work with - so easygoing and friendly! A lot of things went wrong at our wedding and Tim saved the night with his positive attitude and FANTASTIC song selections! He had us dancing all night long! He was everything you want your DJ to be - intuitive, NOT cheesy and left everyone raving about what a fantastic job he did. The whole Beat Train crew was great from start to finish--they kept me on schedule and were so responsive. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Kerry

Kerry Stokes · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Experience - Modern DJ

We had Shane as the DJ for our wedding, and he was fantastic! Easy to work with, wonderful personality, professional, and did a great job. We skipped over a lot of the traditional wedding reception things - and Shane listened to all our requests. Absolutely No cheesy DJ stereotypes anywhere in ear shot! 100% recommend working with him and/ or Beat Train! We're so glad we did. :)

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Hao · Married on 06/02/2019

Shane Page, DJ Rock Star

My husband and I went with Beat Train for our wedding after some pretty exhaustive research. Because we decided against using live music, what we really needed was a friendly, intuitive DJ who could read our lower-key crowd and shape the music to make our event the best it could be, no corny announcements needed. And from the very beginning, Shane was perfect. Before the event, he was great at offering suggestions for special moment songs, and about things I hadn't even thought of (such as "do you want the whole first dance song played because sometimes they can get a bit long and the bride and groom end up feeling awkward"). He was also very reassuring about my ceremony music playlist - I felt my requests were a bit unusual but he was totally cool with everything. Then, during the wedding he was great at paying attention to the room and what was happening (ie the flowergirl being a little hesitant about walking) and being flexible accordingly. I had been so anxious about everything going smoothly (what bride isn't?) but with Shane, I didn't need to worry at all. Every single thing, from pronouncing names, to matching the crowd vibe, to introducing all the special moments, was perfect. And the music itself was basically our dream playlist - I kept meaning to get off the dance floor for a couple minutes, but every song was so good I couldn't leave. Every one of our guests loved him, and had such a wonderful time. And the best part was that he's just such a nice, chill guy - he felt like one of our guests, and whatever he was feeling that day he came off like he was just genuinely happy to be there and having fun with us. It really made the whole night.

I've since attended a few weddings after ours, and they really made me appreciate just how good Shane was. He is now my gold standard for a wedding emcee and DJ, because he's not just someone with a playlist, he's someone with the skill set and personality to make sure everyone in the room feels great at all times. I would hire him for any event, at any time. He's worth whatever price you pay.

P.S. He's also great with kids, and you should ask him for photos of his adorable twins!

Beat Train Productions 8
    Sent on 08/16/2019

Jenny · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic Experience

We worked with DJ Jeff and he was fantastic. He spent time with us both over the phone and in person to insure we were all on the same page. He was very receptive to our preferences but also has enough experience to guide us away from making a potentially bad decision. We got so many compliments on the music and would 100% recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/17/2019

A Dream Day and Night.

We couldn't have been happier with our choice to go with Beat Train Productions. From the start of the planning process to the day of the wedding, the team was extremely professional and well-organized, helping us through every step. It was easy for us to fill out the forms that then helped us to describe what genres we were interested in, and figure out what components of the day we had to plan out. Our DJ, Shane Page, thought of every little detail, and every moment turned out perfectly (from the timing of our walks down the aisle, to the moment the music started up again for our first kiss, to our entrance song, the first dance, the parents' dance, the song for cutting the cake, etc.). We were so happy with how everything flowed, and loved every moment of our day. Thank you, Shane!

Beat Train Productions 9
    Beat Train Productions 10
    Beat Train Productions 11
    Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/28/2019

You will dance until your feet hurt!

If you’re thinking about booking Beat Train Productions for your wedding, STOP THINKING and just do it! From the initial call to our wedding day, every want, wish, and need was catered to. The staff is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and also very warm. In our initial phone call, we were given a couple of recommendations for DJ’s. After reviewing the profiles of each recommended DJ, we went with Shane Page. Shane was EXCEPTIONAL. Seriously, we CANNOT recommend him enough. People were talking about the music at our wedding for months after the occasion! Sean was able to capture our vibe perfectly. Also, when our order of events changed the day of, due to weather complications, Shane was able to seamlessly adjust and work around the new schedule without any prior preparation and very little consultation. I ate very little at my wedding because every time I went to sit down, another one of “my songs” came on and I had to dance! People danced so hard at my wedding that they were sore for days after the event. Shane is a phenomenal DJ. My husband and I would hire definitely hire him again and again for future events. Seriously, words cannot describe how amazing he is. It was the best party I’ve ever been to, and it was my wedding. The packages are flexible and affordable! You will dance until your feet hurt and you will NOT regret your decision. Hire Shane for weddings, birthday parties, work events, etc. and your party will be unforgettable!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Amber! So glad to hear how much Shane rocked your wedding and it was great getting to work together. :)
  • Heidrun

Heidrun Medina · Married on 04/18/2019

Couldn't be happier!

We had the JOY of having Sam Turner DJ at our wedding in April, and we couldn't be happier. From day one we felt he understood what we wanted for our wedding, and to say he knows what he's doing is an understatement. When it came to booking the music part for our wedding, I was quite nervous as it can essentially make or break the party. After having spoken to Sam, I knew it was going to be great, and BOY was it. I don't think we stood still for a minute, and neither did our guests. WHAT a party it was, and we loved every minute of every song. Sam showed such good energy, and was so professional, flexible, and fun. We would rate Sam 10/10, and give him all the starts possible.

Sam was truly a great addition to our wedding, and I would not hesitate to book him for any kind of party in the future.
    We highly recommend both Sam, and BeatTrain Productions.

Sent on 05/23/2019