560 Reviews for Beat Train Productions

Liability Insurance (34)
Uplighting (11)
Photobooth (4)
545 Beat Train Productions Reviews

DJ Tim Ahler and Beat Train Productions traveled to Newport, Rhode Island for our New Years Eve wedding and did a fantastic job! Their entire crew was extremely communicative throughout the planning process, and Tim kept the dance floor rocking throughout the night - genuinely the most people we've seen on the dance floor at one time. Tim was on point with introductions and announcements, and knew exactly which songs to play to keep the party going. BT also provided us with a photo booth that our guests really enjoyed. Both DJ Tim and the photo booth techs were an absolute pleasure to work with, and we would hire them back in a heartbeat. If you're not working with Beat Train for your New England or NYC wedding, you're missing out!!!

Profile Picture Andrew, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

DJ Shane is the best. We looked for a DJ for so long and as soon as we heard his website we knew he was it. He was extremely professional and furthermore he went above and beyond by coming earlier to our event and stepping in as an MC when we didn’t have one. He then proceeded to get everyone dancing in the room - those who love to dance and those who don’t. Everyone said they had the best time at our wedding and we knew we had DJ Shane to thank. I am very appreciative of DJ Shane and would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Profile Picture Mai, 12/22/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My fiance and I have very different tastes in music. We had a multicultural wedding, with my fiances side being from Jamaica, and my side being from the north east. We both wanted a night when everyone was out on the dance floor having a good time. Shane did an amazing job with such a hard task! He was able to marry both our styles perfectly. The night was beyond our expectations and we really could not thank Shane enough for his hard work and professionalism!

Profile Picture Meghan, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't begin explain how much we loved Joel. He went with the flow of our impromptu/workshop dance party wedding with such a great attitude and vibe. When the nerf guns were pulled out, he rolled with it. When the dancing got started before the first dance he helped us squeeze it in during all the fun. When we needed to mix in some salsa, he made it happen. He's a true professional!

Beyond that, everyone at Beat Train was so great to work I can't stop raving about the company. I'm still so impressed they were able to be so accommodating with our whirlwind wedding.

Profile Picture Noelle, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Elissa was so awesome and responsive. I gave her a lot of music to work with and she did an amazing job incorporating what we liked but also reading the crowd. We got so many compliments all night on how great she was! Music was really important to me for the wedding and finding the right DJ was important- so so so happy we chose Beat Train and Elissa!

Profile Picture Ryann, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Beat Train had the best DJ we could have asked for for our November wedding in NH - Spencer knocked it out of the park! I got compliments from guests about how good he was for the cocktail hour - before we even opened up the dance floor. I was so nervous that my guests wouldn't dance, and he got pregnant ladies and people who told me they weren't dancing to get up on the floor and party. I couldn't have anticipated a better turn-out with Spencer. And he was the utmost professional during the process - he met us in Boston to go over everything in detail, was very transparent about his process - a genuine, down to earth guy. If you're looking for a top-notch DJ company that prides itself on not playing cheesy songs - you'd be stupid not to hire Beat Train, and Spencer. Spencer even went as far as to edit an existing song I wanted to play after the ceremony. He went above and beyond and we couldn't be happier. Also, we were looking for a DJ who didn't hog the microphone, and Spencer was just the right amount of DJ - alerting guests with specific happenings during the night but sticking to what he does best. I will tell everyone about Beat Train - they are downright phenomenal - not just as a DJ but throughout the whole process!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/17/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I found Beat Train for DJ services by looking for a "non-cheesy" DJ. We had an initial phone call where we went over everything we wanted in detail and they were incredibly helpful. We then chose a DJ based on price and recommendations from our initial phone call. We chose Jake and could not have been happier. He worked with us over email and met in person. He was great with communication and creating the wedding atmosphere we were looking for. I would highly recommend Beat Train to anyone !

Profile Picture Shira, 10/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones

We booked Beat Train after we searched for “non-cheesy DJ New Jersey”. Music was the top priority for me. I wanted to be on the dance floor all night along with my guests, and Beat Train delivered. Sam Turner was our DJ and he was perfect. We video chatted with him before the wedding and spoke via phone and email leading up to the day to go over any final details. We only had a few “must play” songs and he incorporated them perfectly. He’s the professional, we wanted him to just do his thing and he did! The way Sam read the crowd was incredible. The reviews speak for themselves. Book Beat Train. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was perfect. Our DJ, Jeff Gilbride, was phenomenal. Jeff took the time to make sure that the announcements and music for our reception were exactly as we wanted them. He made the planning process smooth and easy; he was proactive in communication and took care of everything that needed to be done. At our reception, he was professional, kind to all of our guests, and kept the dance floor completely filled all night. We got so many compliments from guests on our DJ choice throughout the evening. We highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train Productions - thank you for making our reception so much fun!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Beat Train was awesome to work with from the beginning! We were so happy we chose Joe to be our wedding DJ. He was always attentive and responsive to all our calls and emails throughout the process. He did a great job of understanding what kind of music we wanted (from ethnic to old school hip hop) and did an amazing job!! We didn't stop dancing the entire night and got plenty of compliments about our music. Make choosing your DJ the easy part and just go with Beat Train!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Look no further for a DJ. You've come to the right place. Beat Train is top of the line. Professionalism to the highest extent. This isn't your typical DJ service, there's no DJ who is in love with his own voice constantly shouting over songs trying to "pump" everyone up. No, instead the DJs performance speaks for itself and pumps everyone up on its own without any cheap thrills. If you're looking to have a classy event, you need to go through Beat Train. We had DJ Shane Page who was exactly what we needed. Played all our requests exactly as we wanted, and gave us insight as to what would work and wouldn't work. Everyone left our wedding complimenting the music and how fun it was. I seriously can't say enough. Thank you Beat Train and thank you Shane.

Profile Picture Michael, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with Beat Train Productions was a great experience! They ensured all our concerns were addressed and were responsive. Sam Turner was our DJ for our wedding and he was absolutely amazing! We did not stress at all over music/entertainment throughout the process; Sam contacted us to discuss initial steps and informed us of the timeline/process and what to expect. He followed up closer to the wedding date and on the day of the wedding, he was prompt and had everything ready well before the ceremony started. We didn't have a list of song for Sam to play and just asked him to read our crowd and he did it perfectly (especially those 90s throwback!). Our guests loved Sam and even asked for his contact information for when they want to host a party/get married/etc. We highly recommend Beat Train Productions and we recommend asking for Sam!

Profile Picture Analysa, 10/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Not one but two other couples we know used Beat Train Productions at their weddings and highly recommended them. We worked with Tim Ahler -- what a great guy and skilled DJ! He met with us over video chat and let us tell him everything we loved and hated and took it from there. He played everything we requested right on cue, made great choices throughout the rest of the night, and spent minimal time on the mic (exactly what we wanted). The company was professional and speedy from my very first interaction with them -- I think I had a call with Nick within a few hours of my inquiry. He then sent me a list of all their available DJs, videos of them performing, and pricing (including explaining why they were priced differently--at the time, Tim's pricing was the lowest because he had recently moved from out of state and was building up his client base in Boston). All aspects of the interactions were a breeze and we were very happy--would highly recommend this company to anyone for any occasion.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I booked Nick Ferrington from Beat Train Productions for our wedding and could not have asked for a better DJ. Nick was a consummate professional leading up to and during the wedding. Some people are DJs to simply get paid, this is not Nick...You can tell with Nick that this is truly his passion and he loves what he does. He offered great flexibility to handle our requests, and he worked closely with us to ensure all our details and formalities that came with a 230 person Irish/Ukranian/Armenian wedding sung through. He was a big reason why our big day was so memorable, as months after the wedding, people could not stop talking about how great the music was and how they had never seen such an active dancefloor from start to finish. If only there were more Nicks across the country, as guests accounting for 23 states and 3 countries all wanted him

Profile Picture Zack, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Our DJ, Jake, was INCREDIBLE! We were SO happy to have had Jake DJ our wedding. We read wonderful reviews beforehand and when we met Jake in person to share our music preferences, we were even more excited for our big day. As soon as the music started, our guests were UP AND DANCING! We had dance circles happening almost immediately and guests of all ages danced the night away. Many people commented how the majority of our guests danced almost the entire night. Jake was kind, warm, fun, and talented. He got the party going and kept it going all night. Everyone loved his music selection and he had the perfect balance for guests of all ages. We were sad when the night was over - everyone wanted to keep going. We had the BEST day and Jake played a big part in that. We'll never forget it! Hire DJ Jake! You will be so happy you did. :) Thank you, Jake!

Profile Picture Courtney, 9/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Beat Train Productions, specifically Sam Turner was the best DJ we could've ever asked for.
He had us at Tribe Called Quest + Wu Tang Clan. Sam was really easy going, personable,
and super accommodating to our DJ needs. He had our entire guest list on the dance floor including all the grandparents. I wouldn't recommend anyone else!

Profile Picture Jenny, 9/18/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Sam was such a positive, talented representation of Beat Train Productions and all of the services they have to offer. From the start, we knew the music component of our wedding was in more than capable hands. I personally am very connected to my music, and figured I would be a pain to deal with wanting to have such a detailed hand in how our wedding played out (specific cues, etc.). My vision was executed even better than I could have ever imagined with Sam, and then some! He was a driving factor of the night, and we got endless compliments from our guests on the music selection. Sam was timely, and the one person I knew I could count on to independently handle what he needed to. That's what every bride needs! Plus, his personality and style were A+, and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ to join us on our big day!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I had Tim for our wedding. Tim was incredibly responsive to us. He made himself available throyugh e-mail and text. Tim was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was a real professional with a lot of skill and confidence. He was able to make our introduction by cutting two songs and playing it to the exact specifications. Tim also played all of the songs that we wanted to hear along with some other requests from the crowd.

Tim made our wedding that much more enjoyable and I could not be happier with his work. I highly recommenced hiring Tim for any event!

Profile Picture John, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff Durand was our DJ for our September 2017 wedding and we could not have been more happy/ satisfied with him. Leading up to our big day Jeff was extremely responsive and addressed all of our questions in a very timely, detailed fashion. Jeff remained professional during the whole process and showed up on our wedding day on-time and got set up in no time. He always had a back up place/ plan B just in case for every situation which was extremely reassuring for my husband and I. Everything from the cocktail hour music and dinner music, to the bridal party introductions and dance party music was fantastic. Not only were my husband and I beyond happy about Jeff but our friends and family continuously rave about the music during our wedding. We could not recommend Beat Train and Jeff enough!

Profile Picture Lily , 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Nick Ferrington performed at our Sept. '17 wedding and was exceptional. Personally, the DJ is the most important part of the wedding guests' experience -- accordingly, I had high expectations/standards. Nick exceeded expectations and delivered on every aspect of the job. It started with Nick's responsiveness & reliability leading up to the wedding day and continued with his day-of performance. Nick's music selection and read of the crowd was spot-on as he created a lively dance floor. It was clear that Nick took into account our music tastes/preferences relayed during consultation: his song choices and timing were perfect. Moreover, Nick's energy, announcing, and articulation were flawless, seamlessly transitioning in and out of all formalities. Last but not least, Nick was professional and easy to work with.

Multiple wedding guests commented on the dance floor and music selection, and one guest even asked for Nick's contact information. My wife and I could not have been happier with our DJ experience - excellent all around.

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Sam Turner and Beat Train Productions were simply the best! DJ Sam killed it at our wedding - such an amazing playlist and you couldn't get our guests off the dance floor. It was truly a pleasure working with this team and would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We first heard Seth Issacs DJ at another friend's wedding. He had the dance floor packed the minute the music started and kept it that way all night. We know that our friends and family love to dance and we had to have the best. We knew exactly who we wanted for our wedding, and booked Seth the same day we set the date.

Seth was very easy to communicate with while we planned our wedding. He listened to what we wanted, gave us great advice, and even met with us on location to help us understand set up and lighting. His preparation document was very thorough and very helpful as we planned the reception. He was a great sounding board as we considered options, and he took each and every one of our requests professionally, and incorporated each of those requests seamlessly in to our evening.

Just as we hoped, Seth had the dance floor completely packed from the first to the last song. Seth is a huge reason our wedding was so wonderful. The top comment from our guests was the quality and energy of the music. We would not have changed a thing.

Profile Picture Todd, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We had Joe Lopez for our wedding and he did a great job. Courteous, professional, smart, music was great. Everyone seemed to have an awesome time. Would definitely recommend to others.

Profile Picture Jef, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We chose DJ Jeff Gilbride for our wedding on a strong recommendation from one of our good friends who is also a DJ in Boston. When we initially signed on with Jeff we had a quick call to get on the same page and then reengaged a few weeks from the wedding once we finished the questionnaire. Jeff was very responsive and flexible with his time and walked through every detail of the wedding script with us multiple times. He offered insights from his experience but was also very flexible if we countered and ended up getting everything absolutely perfect. Jeff was very well spoken for announcements and really kept the flow of the wedding organic (which would not have been the case without his recommendations). Getting any songs on our wide range of requests was seamless with Jeff and all we had to do was send him a few itunes links or email a few mp3s since we were very particular (Jeff really did all the work). With regards to the special day Jeff was there very early and coordinated with all our other vendors on his own accord so everyone was aligned on the script. He performed all of the ceremony/entrances/first dances to the script exactly and had people on the dance floor before dinner ended because the music was so tempting. The reception that Jeff put together was absolutely amazing and he was fading in and out of songs perfectly, giving just enough time for each song before moving onto another awesome jam. He kept the dance floor completely packed all night and everyone of my guests I talked to said he was the best wedding DJ they have ever experienced. I could not recommend Jeff more for any event where music is involved, he is very professional and blew away our expectations.

Profile Picture chris, 9/2/17, 1 Review