Beat Train Productions Reviews

Beat Train Productions 6
Beat Train Productions 7
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 08/10/2019

DJ Tim made our wedding music dreams come true!

We worked with DJ Tim Ahler for our wedding and he did such an outstanding job!!!! He was extremely professional, prompt, organized, and knew exactly when to play the best songs to keep the crowd on the dance floor. He was extremely receptive to our song ideas and helpful in mashing up a track we needed for one of our parent dances. All of our guests were raving about him and the music! We looked into several different DJ companies and Beat Train was the only company that actually called us at the time they said they were going to. They were very prompt and helpful in their responses to our questions. We would highly recommend booking them!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2019

Shane Page was masterful!

We chose Beat Train on the basis of their reputation for no-nonsense DJing -- no dumb party games, just great music. We hired Shane Page for six hours, and could not be happier with our choice. He reached out to us a few months before our wedding to chat over Skype, and the conversation definitely put us at ease about being on the same page in terms of our needs & musical tastes. Shane is charming and enjoyable to be around -- which is an important quality in someone who is going to be a consistent presence throughout your wedding day! He executed every part of the evening according to our wishes and earned us compliments from some of the biggest music snobs among our guests. Last but not least, he delivered an absolutely adorable moment (captured on insta by out wedding coordinator) by patiently explaining his DJing software to our 10-year-old nephew who loves music! Shane is a fantastic DJ and all-around great guy.

Sent on 07/23/2019
    Beat Train Productions 8
  • Diane

Diane Kaplan · Married on 06/29/2019

Perfect preparation, and an incredible night of dancing!

We knew Beat Train Productions from an incredible night of dancing at my brother’s wedding a few years back, so we knew we wanted to use them. Working with Jeff Gilbride went so smoothly: it felt relaxed but also like he had everything taken care of. He asked great questions along the way, worked through his plan with us to smooth out any questions ahead of time, and everything ran according to plan on the big day, so the preparation-part was an A+. Then let’s talk about the DJing! The energy on the dance floor was incredible. Jeff included so many killer songs, perfectly mixed so the momentum stayed the whole time, and he made good on hitting a TON of our requested artists/songs even though they spanned different eras/genres- it was all just natural and dancey and awesome. I love dancing and was really hoping that it would go well, and I didn’t leave the dancefloor the whole night because I was having so much fun- euphoria! I got lots of comments that this was the best wedding DJ people had heard, but even more important than the comments was seeing so many of my non-dancing friends out there having fun! I cannot recommend Jeff Gilbride highly enough!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Shauna

Shauna · Married on 06/29/2019

Amazing Experience!

So happy with our experience with Beat Train Productions. We worked with Nick, and he was amazing! From our initial planning phone call he totally understood what we were looking for. We wanted the music to be amazing, nothing "cheesy", and no cringe worthy yelling over the music. Prior to our day we met with Nick to go over all the details and uplighting color. The day of our wedding we were blown away by the music selections all being completely perfect. I am so particular when it comes to music, and could not be more pleased with the music played at our reception. We will be recommending Beat Train to all our friends!

Sent on 08/13/2019

Jennifer Roach · Married on 06/15/2019

Great experience working with Tim Ahler!

We hired Tim Ahler through Beat Train Productions for our wedding. Tim was very professional, organized, and thoughtful when it came to making a playlist and timeline that worked best for us. We had a pretty complicated timeline for the day, and he was there for every cue! He even came to the site the night before to help with the rehearsal and run through a sound check with our ceremony music performers. Thanks Tim!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Brenna Barr · Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing DJ!

Tim Ahler at Beat Train was fantastic to work with - so easygoing and friendly! A lot of things went wrong at our wedding and Tim saved the night with his positive attitude and FANTASTIC song selections! He had us dancing all night long! He was everything you want your DJ to be - intuitive, NOT cheesy and left everyone raving about what a fantastic job he did. The whole Beat Train crew was great from start to finish--they kept me on schedule and were so responsive. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Hao · Married on 06/02/2019

Shane Page, DJ Rock Star

My husband and I went with Beat Train for our wedding after some pretty exhaustive research. Because we decided against using live music, what we really needed was a friendly, intuitive DJ who could read our lower-key crowd and shape the music to make our event the best it could be, no corny announcements needed. And from the very beginning, Shane was perfect. Before the event, he was great at offering suggestions for special moment songs, and about things I hadn't even thought of (such as "do you want the whole first dance song played because sometimes they can get a bit long and the bride and groom end up feeling awkward"). He was also very reassuring about my ceremony music playlist - I felt my requests were a bit unusual but he was totally cool with everything. Then, during the wedding he was great at paying attention to the room and what was happening (ie the flowergirl being a little hesitant about walking) and being flexible accordingly. I had been so anxious about everything going smoothly (what bride isn't?) but with Shane, I didn't need to worry at all. Every single thing, from pronouncing names, to matching the crowd vibe, to introducing all the special moments, was perfect. And the music itself was basically our dream playlist - I kept meaning to get off the dance floor for a couple minutes, but every song was so good I couldn't leave. Every one of our guests loved him, and had such a wonderful time. And the best part was that he's just such a nice, chill guy - he felt like one of our guests, and whatever he was feeling that day he came off like he was just genuinely happy to be there and having fun with us. It really made the whole night.

I've since attended a few weddings after ours, and they really made me appreciate just how good Shane was. He is now my gold standard for a wedding emcee and DJ, because he's not just someone with a playlist, he's someone with the skill set and personality to make sure everyone in the room feels great at all times. I would hire him for any event, at any time. He's worth whatever price you pay.

P.S. He's also great with kids, and you should ask him for photos of his adorable twins!

Sent on 08/16/2019
    Beat Train Productions 9
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 05/17/2019

A Dream Day and Night.

We couldn't have been happier with our choice to go with Beat Train Productions. From the start of the planning process to the day of the wedding, the team was extremely professional and well-organized, helping us through every step. It was easy for us to fill out the forms that then helped us to describe what genres we were interested in, and figure out what components of the day we had to plan out. Our DJ, Shane Page, thought of every little detail, and every moment turned out perfectly (from the timing of our walks down the aisle, to the moment the music started up again for our first kiss, to our entrance song, the first dance, the parents' dance, the song for cutting the cake, etc.). We were so happy with how everything flowed, and loved every moment of our day. Thank you, Shane!

Sent on 08/09/2019
    Beat Train Productions 10
    Beat Train Productions 11
    Beat Train Productions 12
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 04/28/2019

You will dance until your feet hurt!

If you’re thinking about booking Beat Train Productions for your wedding, STOP THINKING and just do it! From the initial call to our wedding day, every want, wish, and need was catered to. The staff is extremely knowledgeable, professional, and also very warm. In our initial phone call, we were given a couple of recommendations for DJ’s. After reviewing the profiles of each recommended DJ, we went with Shane Page. Shane was EXCEPTIONAL. Seriously, we CANNOT recommend him enough. People were talking about the music at our wedding for months after the occasion! Sean was able to capture our vibe perfectly. Also, when our order of events changed the day of, due to weather complications, Shane was able to seamlessly adjust and work around the new schedule without any prior preparation and very little consultation. I ate very little at my wedding because every time I went to sit down, another one of “my songs” came on and I had to dance! People danced so hard at my wedding that they were sore for days after the event. Shane is a phenomenal DJ. My husband and I would hire definitely hire him again and again for future events. Seriously, words cannot describe how amazing he is. It was the best party I’ve ever been to, and it was my wedding. The packages are flexible and affordable! You will dance until your feet hurt and you will NOT regret your decision. Hire Shane for weddings, birthday parties, work events, etc. and your party will be unforgettable!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks so much Amber! So glad to hear how much Shane rocked your wedding and it was great getting to work together. :)
  • Heidrun

Heidrun Medina · Married on 04/18/2019

Couldn't be happier!

We had the JOY of having Sam Turner DJ at our wedding in April, and we couldn't be happier. From day one we felt he understood what we wanted for our wedding, and to say he knows what he's doing is an understatement. When it came to booking the music part for our wedding, I was quite nervous as it can essentially make or break the party. After having spoken to Sam, I knew it was going to be great, and BOY was it. I don't think we stood still for a minute, and neither did our guests. WHAT a party it was, and we loved every minute of every song. Sam showed such good energy, and was so professional, flexible, and fun. We would rate Sam 10/10, and give him all the starts possible.

Sam was truly a great addition to our wedding, and I would not hesitate to book him for any kind of party in the future.
    We highly recommend both Sam, and BeatTrain Productions.

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Haya

Haya · Married on 04/06/2019

Danced All Night

Spencer Henderson was our DJ for our wedding and he was more than what we hoped for. We spent some time talking to him customizing our event and leaning on his guidance to assist with the flow of the wedding day. He's very responsive and during the reception kept the crowd dancing all night. We received so many compliments about how great he was and the music was amazing! There was always someone on the dance floor and he read the room to ensure all ages felt included throughout the night with his customized playlist. We're so happy to have found him!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Joanna

Joanna Lizzi · Married on 04/05/2019

Great Vibe

My husband and I got married May 4, 2019 and had DJ Elissa and we loved her! She was very receptive to the songs we wanted to play while also making sure that everyone was having fun on the dance floor. We facetimed with her and had a few phone consultations to go over everything in advance. We wanted to add a microphone last minute and they were able to do that for us, which really helped us out! Everyone we dealt with via email at the company was nice, helpful and professional. We were recommended DJ Elissa from another bride at our venue and very happy that we chose her!

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Megara

Meg · Married on 03/29/2019

Book Shane at Beat Train!

Note – this review is for the Brooklyn location of Beat Train Productions.

This is long overdue, but we highly recommend Shane with Beat Train Productions for anyone looking for a DJ, wedding or otherwise.

Shane was such a pleasure to work with, and clearly has a keen knowledge and appreciation for a wide variety of genres. He’s a super nice guy and easy to communicate with, and was miraculously able to blend two (very) dissimilar musical tastes at our wedding reception in Beacon, NY.

Shane listened to our feedback and requests in our kickoff meeting in NYC, and put a lot of thought into reading the crowd and seamlessly transitioning from one song to the next, and there was never a moment’s lull on the dance floor. He even managed to perfectly time the start of “Born in the USA” to coincide with the surprise presentation of a trucker hat/mullet wig combo from our friends to my extremely British husband on the dance floor that was one of the more, um, memorable moments of the evening.

We received so many compliments about Shane from our eclectic group of guests from the US and UK, including from a friend who is a DJ himself. It’s a hard feat to please everyone, but Shane pulled it off handily and was a huge part of making our wedding so special.

Seriously, book Shane (and Beat Train Productions, who were very easy to work with and offered extremely reasonable pricing for such an amazing service). You won’t regret it, and will thank yourself for handing over the reins.

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Ally

Ally Millar · Married on 03/16/2019

Incredible DJ - Joe Lopez is the best

I cannot recommend Beat Train highly enough, and in particular Joe Lopez, who was our DJ. We had a somewhat untraditional event (minimum formalities, was mostly a party at a nightclub venue) and Joe was on point every step of the way. He was incredibly responsive and got the vibe perfectly. He also managed the room amazingly - the set up encouraged a lot of lounging and people were not being the biggest dancers (despite literally everyone approaching me to say the music was amazing!) and he reworked the set list a bit to keep it chill and rebuild to get people dancing - and sure enough people started up. I really loved working with him and would hire him again in a heartbeat. Like I said, everyone complimented us endlessly on the music and the vibe and I know I enjoyed myself tremendously. Thank you to Joe and to Beat Train for making it a perfect evening.

Sent on 03/19/2019

Pamela Karkut · Married on 12/12/2018

Talented DJ!

Nick was the most amazing DJ we could ever find. We contacted Nick Ferrington as soon as we got engaged and had previously seen him DJ at our good friends wedding in Newport, RI. He created the exact scene we asked for, we wanted it to feel like a party in Las Vegas- and that is exactly what our guests took home!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 12/08/2018

5 stars for DJ Jeff Durand and the Beat Train team!

Jeff Durand was incredible. Our dance floor was packed from start to finish. His mixes brought together all of our favorites and some other hits that we hadn't thought of that really got the party going. Multiple guests told us how much they loved the DJ and we've already recommended him to another bride-to-be. We also had a photobooth run by Jonathan, who was also awesome. The photobooth was a hit and he was so patient with our very eager guests. The Beat Train team made everything very simple and clear - highly recommend.

Sent on 01/06/2019

Icela · Married on 11/11/2018

Best Decision We Could Have EVER Made!!

When my mother found out we were getting married, one of her questions was “Are you hiring a band?” I had replied, “I’m pretty sure nobody does that anymore, mom.” My then fiance and I agreed that we needed to find a legit, Hip-Hop deejay to orchestrate the music for our wedding and reception. We did a little research and stumbled across Beat Train Productions and delved into their roster. Immediately DJ Bazooka Joe leapt off the page because of his background within Hip-Hop and the caliber of the mixes available to listen to. He was a no-brainer for two lifelong Hip-Hop heads such as us, and was only further solidified when I asked my deejay friends if they’d ever heard of him and was given a resounding “Yes, he’s nice!” We got on the phone with Joe and expressed what we were looking for – 90s underground Hip-Hop and 70s-80s R&B – and Joe lit up and said “I’m really excited to deejay your wedding! Most clients don’t want classic Hip-Hop.” That initial phone convo left us buzzing and the following meeting with him only amplified that. Between Joe’s stage and mixtape resume, shared taste, and professionalism, we knew he was the right pick. Details were worked out about what should be played when, how much of what music should be heard, and what music should never be heard, as well as him telling us that he could record the entire session like a wedding mixtape (which absolutely sealed the deal).

Wedding day rolls around and from top to bottom, procession to “man and wife” to cocktail hour to intros to reception, Bazooka Joe had us covered with all the right cuts at all the right times, making our wedding a near flawless Hip-Hop/R&B wedding. Not only did he have all the right music which the guests loved, he also read the crowd the way a deejay should and gave us the lulls we needed to eat and the boosts we needed to dance. On more than one occasion, my wife and I approached the DJ table to thank him and compliment his selection and skills, and numerous guests told us how much they loved the Hip-Hop theme and the music of the day. In all sincerity, we could not have asked for a better deejay for our day. He wasn’t the icing on the cake, he was the cup of high-end coffee that perfectly compliments and makes the cake better. The digital mixtape that came later was the cinnamon on top of the foam on top of the high-end cup of coffee. Long story short, we can’t recommend DJ Bazooka Joe high enough for any event that needs a talented deejay. He was a perfect match for us and made our wedding beyond enjoyable.

Sent on 05/04/2019

Erin · Married on 11/03/2018

Everyone.. EVERYONE danced all night!!

We hired Beat Train Productions based on their reviews. I was nervous, because we didn't get a personal recommendation, or get to experience any of the DJs in person ahead of time, but my nerves went out the window once we started talking with Beat Train Productions. We had a phone call to get to know each other and who the different DJs were. Some of the DJs had different price ranges and we went with Greg Lanzillotta based on price, style and reviews. Beat Train Productions sends a survey to get a feel for your music styles, what you're looking for and any specific Must Plays, Maybe Plays and Do Not Plays. We had also asked Greg to piece together two songs for our introduction to the reception, and he did so flawlessly. Typically, you will not find me on the dance floor at an event. I'll dance to a couple songs, but not much. Greg knew how to keep a party going. I barely left the dance floor! Everyone danced all night... our friends, our parents, their friends.. people of all ages and personalities were dancing. Usually there’s that awkward build up of people slowly getting out there, but for us it felt like the instant the dance floor “opened” everyone was there, and stayed there. My body actually ached for days from dancing so much. Greg did a great job of reading the crowd and keeping us having fun. He was non intrusive and had none of the cheesy DJ jokes, outfits, decor or announcements. I am so grateful Greg was our DJ. We have received so many compliments from our guests on how the music was great, and it was the most fun they have had at a wedding. Book Greg (and Beat Train Productions) NOW!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Tom Brewster · Married on 10/27/2018

Very Positive Experience

From the initial outreach to the day of the wedding, Nick and everyone at Beat Train were awesome. I can't say enough good things about Nick and I will certainly be referring him to friends and family. We gave Nick the freedom to do his job and not inundate him with requests - the dance party last well over 3 hours and we got a lot of great feedback from guests on the music selection.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Tom! It was so great working with you and Taylor. :) Wishing you all the best!

Scott · Married on 10/20/2018

Best wedding DJ in the business!

I had been to two weddings which one of Beat Train's DJs (Nick Ferrington) did. He did a fantastic job at each of them. He was professional with announcements, the music sounded great and he made awesome music selections for both dinner and dancing. When it came time to plan my own wedding Nick was the only DJ I wanted. He was extremely helpful in the planning process and made everything stress free, easy and fun. He was accepting of all of our requests and suggested great improvements. I had complete trust that he would do a great job at our event, that kind of peace of mind is invaluable. The Beat Train contract and terms of service were straight forward and easy to deal with.

Needless to say Nick knocked our wedding out of the park. Would recommend this vendor to anyone without hesitation. Thanks Nick!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Rebecca · Married on 10/14/2018

Thanks DJ Tim and Beat Train!

Tim DJ'd our wedding in October 2018 and absolutely killed it. Everyone was dancing all night, and several guests told us the next day that they thought Tim was amazing. We had several conversations with him prior to the day, and he really got to know us and completely understood the vibe we were going for. He got to the venue early to set up and make sure everything was ready to go. The price was reasonable, and we didn't have to pay extra for a speaker and mic for the reception site. We can't thank Tim enough for helping us throw a great party!

Sent on 11/10/2018

Amanda Sibley · Married on 10/12/2018

Top compliment at wedding was the music!

One of the most complimented parts of our wedding from guests was the music playlist by Greg. I told Greg early on that I wanted people dancing the entire time, and that we had a very mixed group of musical preferences. Somehow Greg was able to keep the dance floor packed the entire wedding, pleasing 30 year old and 60 year olds alike.

Working with Greg leading up to the wedding was a pleasure, and I appreciated his candor when I had question I didn’t know (example: no idea there was a “cake cutting” song). After much stress about music, I ended up just telling Greg I trusted him completely to keep things going, and I was not disappointed at all. He helped us select great dinner music, first dances, and last song, and even made a special medley for one of our first dances.

I was looking for a DJ that wasn’t too “in your face” but instead helped make the party flow, and Greg did just that. He was very professional, and really added to the entire night. I’m so glad we went with Greg, and I will use him again if I ever need a DJ, and would recommend him to any friend getting married in the Boston area.

Sent on 11/06/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2018

Not enough positive things to say about Nick and the Beat Train Productions team. From start to finish, they were wonderful to work with. Nick completely understood the vibe we were going for and did an amazing job playing hit after hit on the dance floor, which was mobbed all night! He truly listened and internalized the kinds of songs we wanted. Our guests kept commenting on how much they loved the DJ. We were so glad we went with Beat Train and so happy to have gotten Nick as our DJ!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Emily Besen · Married on 10/06/2018

Could not have asked for better from Shane and Beat train!

Beat Train and DJ Shane were amazing! Super responsive but also felt like we could trust their expertise to make sure our wedding was a blast. Shane had everyone, including my 90-year old aunt with a cane, dancing the whole night! His pre-wedding planning sheet was super helpful in articulating what we were looking for. Highly recommend Shane and Beat Train!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Beat Train Productions's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Emily, it was great working together!! Wishing you all the best. :)
    Cheers,