576 Reviews for Beat Train Productions

MC (80)
Liability Insurance (37)
Uplighting (12)
Photobooth (4)

We were referred to Beat Train Productions through an acquaintance who also has an eclectic taste in music as my husband and I do. We were so impressed with them off the bat. Their organization and presentation of what they can do / offer is fabulous. They work with you each step of the way leading up to the wedding to ensure that your wedding "soundtrack" is exactly what you want. Greg was our DJ and we could not have been happier with him! He was cordial, professional, well-versed, and overall easy going. Our guests did not stop raving about the music! They were requesting our wedding soundtrack days after the wedding. Thank-you, Greg and Beat Train for an incredible experience!

Profile Picture Tiffanie, 7/20/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We decided to use Beat Train Productions for our July wedding in NYC and had the pleasure of working with DJ Shane Page. I honestly do not have enough great things to say about working with this company and Shane in particular. From our ceremony through the reception, the music for our whole day was on point! Shane had all of our guests out on the dance floor and really kept the part going. People were coming up to us throughout the night commenting about how fantastic the music was! Even some of our older guests found themselves flocking to the dance floor!! The playlist was perfect and we could not have been happier with how things played out. For anyone who wants to have a super fun, memorable wedding, I would highly recommend hiring Beat Train and working with Shane Page!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 7/14/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Jeff Gilbride was absolutely the best wedding DJ I have ever heard. Our guests can’t stop raving about him. We had an eclectic set of guests and our music tastes really varied. He was somehow able to keep the dance floor packed for three straight hours. He was able to mix 90s hip hop, top 40 from today, songs that all of our gay friends love, Latin songs and Italian pop and traditional music. Additionally, he was only on the microphone when he needed to be and it was perfect. As Beyoncé would say...Flawless!!!

Profile Picture Eddie, 7/7/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Beat Train came highly recommended by our wedding venue (BPL) and so we set up an interview with them and they went through all our DJ options and we landed on Seth Isaacs whose music tastes lined up with ours. We were looking for a nonstop dance party with a mix of old school hip hop and 80's music. He did a wonderful job and the dance floor was NEVER empty! We had a rat pack happy hour and a mix of indie music for dinner. He hit every genre perfectly and we are so so happy we hired him! Beat Train was very professional and answered all our questions in a timely matter and made sure we felt prepared for the big day. I highly recommend their services.

Profile Picture Angela, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Joe Lopez of Beat Train did an incredible job DJing our wedding! Selecting a DJ who could cater to my husband's Nigerian family as well as my old school, rat-pack loving parents, while also playing music that WE actually wanted to hear had me seriously stressed out. When I saw that Joe had a lot of experience playing multicultural weddings, I just felt he was someone we needed to talk to. While he hadn't played a Nigerian wedding before, after speaking with him, we just felt confident that he would be someone who could deliver on our vision for the night. Simply put, he did his homework and it paid off. It is clear that he has amazing ear for music, and great instincts for what will get people moving on the dance floor. He was extremely professional and responsive throughout the process and took the job seriously. The dance floor was packed the whole night, and everyone was saying that it was best dance party they've ever been to...as evidenced by the fact that we actually BROKE the dance floor at the venue. They said it was a first...haha! He was that good. If your thinking about booking him for your event, I would highly recommend it! Thank you Joe, you made the night!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/22/18, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

This past weekend Shane played at our wedding in Staten Island. He was incredible. The dance floor was bumping from the very beginning all the way to the end. The guests were chanting encore when the wedding ended, begging him to play more tracks. Thank you Shane and thank you Beat Train for such an awesome performance. We could not recommend Shane and Beat Train more highly.

Profile Picture Daniel, 6/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Jeff Gilbride for our wedding, and were blown away. He is really an incredible DJ, and we couldn't have had a better night. Beat Train was very easy to work with and extremely professional. Jeff was the DJ for our after-party as we transitioned from a band outside. I didn't have to worry about the transition at all, as Jeff was already playing the moment we walked into the room. He had the dance floor packed from the minute we walked in until the last song (which had people chanting for one more song - and he masterfully played the last long). My husband and I are both big music people and did a ton of research into what would be the best fit for our wedding. Jeff completely got our taste after one call and was able to mix that with some crowd pleasers - taking in requests that would fit too! Our wedding ended with a massive dance party that our friends are still talking about. We were so happy to have Jeff help make this happen!

Profile Picture Kristine, 6/9/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jeff Durand was amazing! When we started thinking about the music for our wedding we knew we didn't want a "traditional" DJ that talked a lot, facilitated cheesy wedding games, and just played one song after another. After viewing Jeff's online video and talking with him on the phone we knew that wasn't his style. Instead, he talked with us about the mood that we wanted to set with our music through the whole day and put together a plan on how he would bridge our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception into one musical event for our guests.

On the day of the wedding my husband and I were amazed at how Jeff was able to match the music to each portion of the day. He seamlessly transitioned from Baroque string quartets during the ceremony, modern strings quartets during cocktail hour, yacht rock during dinner, and finally to a club mix of 90's, 90's and today's artists at the reception. The dance floor was full the entire reception, which was great except I only had a chance to have one of our signature cocktails because each song was better than the last!

Profile Picture Charles, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Microphones, Sound/PA System

We had to pleasure of working with Tim for our wedding in Boston in June of 2018 . He was phenomenal! Living out of state, I hadn't met Tim in person until the day of the wedding. Every step of the way, Tim made the planning process easy and stress free via phone and email. Our guests were enjoying Tim's music so much we went a whole extra hour beyond when we were supposed to end. We would highly recommend Tim and Beat Train Productions!

Profile Picture Molly, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We worked with DJ Shane Page for our wedding on 5/19/18, and I cannot say enough wonderful things about him. From our first phone consultation with him, we knew he would be a perfect fit for our big day. We have an eclectic taste of music and we needed someone who could cover a mix of genres and keep the energy high, and he delivered above and beyond our expectations!

Throughout the night we heard everything - jazz standards, Motown classics, hip hop, classic rock, R&B, and more. He set the mood for our cocktail hour, played easy jams during dinner, and kicked it into high gear once the dance floor opened. He kept our crowd dancing, smiling, and shaking their butts for four straight hours! There wasn't a moment that the dance floor was empty. We laughed together, cried tears of joy, and had an unforgettable evening.

We wish the night could have gone on forever. Thank you so much Shane for helping to make our wedding special, unique, and SO MUCH FUN!!!

Special thanks to the booking team at Beat Train Productions for their recommendations and super easy booking process!!

Photo for Beat Train Productions Review - DJ Shane! He is amazing!
Photo for Beat Train Productions Review - Grandparents getting down!
Photo for Beat Train Productions Review - We are clearly having a blast!
Photo for Beat Train Productions Review - First Dance
Profile Picture Ariana, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Beat Train Productions’ uplighting services for our May 5, 2018 wedding in Newport, RI and were extremely pleased. The booking and planning process was quick and painless; the onsite technician was punctual and friendly; and the uplighting colors (soft white for the dinner hour and a pink/purple hue for dancing) were perfect. I appreciated the ability to select multiple colors, rather than being stuck with one the entire evening. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture chrissy, 5/5/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

I found Beat Train via word of mouth and was super impressed by the playlists on their website. Their prices are very reasonable and my fiance and I narrowed down our choices by the mixes that are posted. We ended up on a call with Jeff Durand and booked him.

Through the process, Jeff was very thorough and quick to respond to any questions. The staff at Beat Train was also very quick to respond and very detail-oriented. Prior to the wedding, we met Jeff in person and he walked us through his music strategy. We were thoroughly impressed and I had no reservations going into the wedding.

Jeff played during the dinner hour and the reception and he KILLED it. I got compliments all night about the music and everyone wanted to know who we booked. The guests were really impressed that Jeff was mixing the music and that it truly flowed vs. some weddings where it sounds like it's just a playlist. He kept the energy up and if something wasn't sticking, he seamlessly moved to the next song. I changed my mind 3 times during the night about how many slow songs we should play, and he was able to roll with the punches.

We were so happy with the experience and would definitely book Beat Train again!

Profile Picture Kaitlyn, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Shane was amazing to work with! He was so great emailing in advance to get our requests. On the night of our wedding we were blown away how he was able to keep ALL of our guests on the dance floor. We had a very wide range of request from the Traveling Wilburys to Crystal Waters and he made it all fit. We had the best time. We 100% recommend Shane!

Profile Picture Doug, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Tim Ahler and Beat Train Productions traveled to Newport, Rhode Island for our New Years Eve wedding and did a fantastic job! Their entire crew was extremely communicative throughout the planning process, and Tim kept the dance floor rocking throughout the night - genuinely the most people we've seen on the dance floor at one time. Tim was on point with introductions and announcements, and knew exactly which songs to play to keep the party going. BT also provided us with a photo booth that our guests really enjoyed. Both DJ Tim and the photo booth techs were an absolute pleasure to work with, and we would hire them back in a heartbeat. If you're not working with Beat Train for your New England or NYC wedding, you're missing out!!!

Profile Picture Andrew, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths

DJ Shane is the best. We looked for a DJ for so long and as soon as we heard his website we knew he was it. He was extremely professional and furthermore he went above and beyond by coming earlier to our event and stepping in as an MC when we didn’t have one. He then proceeded to get everyone dancing in the room - those who love to dance and those who don’t. Everyone said they had the best time at our wedding and we knew we had DJ Shane to thank. I am very appreciative of DJ Shane and would recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Profile Picture Mai, 12/22/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

My fiance and I have very different tastes in music. We had a multicultural wedding, with my fiances side being from Jamaica, and my side being from the north east. We both wanted a night when everyone was out on the dance floor having a good time. Shane did an amazing job with such a hard task! He was able to marry both our styles perfectly. The night was beyond our expectations and we really could not thank Shane enough for his hard work and professionalism!

Profile Picture Meghan, 11/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I can't begin explain how much we loved Joel. He went with the flow of our impromptu/workshop dance party wedding with such a great attitude and vibe. When the nerf guns were pulled out, he rolled with it. When the dancing got started before the first dance he helped us squeeze it in during all the fun. When we needed to mix in some salsa, he made it happen. He's a true professional!

Beyond that, everyone at Beat Train was so great to work I can't stop raving about the company. I'm still so impressed they were able to be so accommodating with our whirlwind wedding.

Profile Picture Noelle, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Elissa was so awesome and responsive. I gave her a lot of music to work with and she did an amazing job incorporating what we liked but also reading the crowd. We got so many compliments all night on how great she was! Music was really important to me for the wedding and finding the right DJ was important- so so so happy we chose Beat Train and Elissa!

Profile Picture Ryann, 11/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Beat Train had the best DJ we could have asked for for our November wedding in NH - Spencer knocked it out of the park! I got compliments from guests about how good he was for the cocktail hour - before we even opened up the dance floor. I was so nervous that my guests wouldn't dance, and he got pregnant ladies and people who told me they weren't dancing to get up on the floor and party. I couldn't have anticipated a better turn-out with Spencer. And he was the utmost professional during the process - he met us in Boston to go over everything in detail, was very transparent about his process - a genuine, down to earth guy. If you're looking for a top-notch DJ company that prides itself on not playing cheesy songs - you'd be stupid not to hire Beat Train, and Spencer. Spencer even went as far as to edit an existing song I wanted to play after the ceremony. He went above and beyond and we couldn't be happier. Also, we were looking for a DJ who didn't hog the microphone, and Spencer was just the right amount of DJ - alerting guests with specific happenings during the night but sticking to what he does best. I will tell everyone about Beat Train - they are downright phenomenal - not just as a DJ but throughout the whole process!

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/17/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I found Beat Train for DJ services by looking for a "non-cheesy" DJ. We had an initial phone call where we went over everything we wanted in detail and they were incredibly helpful. We then chose a DJ based on price and recommendations from our initial phone call. We chose Jake and could not have been happier. He worked with us over email and met in person. He was great with communication and creating the wedding atmosphere we were looking for. I would highly recommend Beat Train to anyone !

Profile Picture Shira, 10/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked Beat Train after we searched for “non-cheesy DJ New Jersey”. Music was the top priority for me. I wanted to be on the dance floor all night along with my guests, and Beat Train delivered. Sam Turner was our DJ and he was perfect. We video chatted with him before the wedding and spoke via phone and email leading up to the day to go over any final details. We only had a few “must play” songs and he incorporated them perfectly. He’s the professional, we wanted him to just do his thing and he did! The way Sam read the crowd was incredible. The reviews speak for themselves. Book Beat Train. You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Our experience with Beat Train Productions was perfect. Our DJ, Jeff Gilbride, was phenomenal. Jeff took the time to make sure that the announcements and music for our reception were exactly as we wanted them. He made the planning process smooth and easy; he was proactive in communication and took care of everything that needed to be done. At our reception, he was professional, kind to all of our guests, and kept the dance floor completely filled all night. We got so many compliments from guests on our DJ choice throughout the evening. We highly recommend Jeff and Beat Train Productions - thank you for making our reception so much fun!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Beat Train was awesome to work with from the beginning! We were so happy we chose Joe to be our wedding DJ. He was always attentive and responsive to all our calls and emails throughout the process. He did a great job of understanding what kind of music we wanted (from ethnic to old school hip hop) and did an amazing job!! We didn't stop dancing the entire night and got plenty of compliments about our music. Make choosing your DJ the easy part and just go with Beat Train!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/7/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Look no further for a DJ. You've come to the right place. Beat Train is top of the line. Professionalism to the highest extent. This isn't your typical DJ service, there's no DJ who is in love with his own voice constantly shouting over songs trying to "pump" everyone up. No, instead the DJs performance speaks for itself and pumps everyone up on its own without any cheap thrills. If you're looking to have a classy event, you need to go through Beat Train. We had DJ Shane Page who was exactly what we needed. Played all our requests exactly as we wanted, and gave us insight as to what would work and wouldn't work. Everyone left our wedding complimenting the music and how fun it was. I seriously can't say enough. Thank you Beat Train and thank you Shane.

Profile Picture Michael, 10/6/17, 1 Review