Beachview Bed and Breakfast Reviews

25 | Tybee Island, GA

25 Reviews for Beachview Bed and Breakfast

25 Beachview Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Amy · Married on 04/07/2018

Working with Wendy & Karen was a wonderful, stress free experience. I live out of town and communication via email, text and phone was crucial for planning our wedding. They were quick to respond. We were planned a beach wedding, it rained. They were super accommodating and fast to get the indoor venue ready for the ceremony & reception. Five stars all the way! Amy, Louisville, KY

Susie · Married on 03/31/2018

Karen and Wendy are amazing wedding coordianators. I had an amazing wedding at this lovely bed and breakfast inn. I would encourage any bride to have their wedding here

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

We rented the entire B & B for my daughters wedding, from check in until check out it was a fabulous experience. They did everything for us, the rooms are super clean and modern, not to mention only a 2 minute walk to the beach! The food was great too! The ceremony was on the beach and the reception at the B & B they shuttled the entire wedding party to the ceremony on their golf cart and went out of their way to ensure my daughters wedding was perfect, and it was.

Sent on 05/10/2017

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you for letting us be apart of Katy and Joey's wedding! It was a blast of a weekend with the most amazing weather!! Please stop in and see us soon!

Sydney · Married on 07/07/2017

Our reception was perfect! Wendy and Karen were incredible hosts. Everything was as we wanted and we couldn’t have been happier! We were also lucky enough to stay in the bed and breakfast and our room was so lovely. Beautifully remodeled. The food was fantastic and we loved the afternoon refreshments and snacks. We felt as though we were at home during our stay. It really was a dream! We can’t wait to return!

Emily · Married on 05/20/2017

Wendy and Karen are absolutely amazing! We were able to house all our family and friends in their bed and breakfast. We were blown away by the hospitality from food to all the extras they think of! My wedding day was stress free, we even went kayaking with dolphins in the morning and had plenty of time and room to get ready with all the girls! The ceremony and reception were so romantic. Every person she recommended from the chef to DJ to photographer were fantastic! I wish I could relive my wedding weekend!

Sent on 05/26/2017

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thank you!!!!! We had such a wonderful time at your wedding, as well!! Loved the dancing ;). We are sending you lots of blessing on your marriage and life!! Come see us soon.

Shelley · Married on 05/06/2017

From the day we booked our Wedding here at Beachview Bed and Breakfast I was stress free. All I had to do was buy a wedding dress and show up with My Groom and family. A group of about 50 of us spent our Wedding weekend here at Tybee and were in walking distance of everything. It's not only the nicest place to stay but Karen and Wendy were the best!!Several times I called in distress and was told they would handle everything, and they did just that. From the Wedding to the reception was simply amazing. I would recommend anyone let Karen and Wendy plan your event. I felt like A QUEEN!!We will definitely be back for a visit. Already started banning for our 1 year anniversary party. Also our photographer Wen was awesome.She captured all of the best moments of our special day.

Jennifer · Married on 03/25/2017

We had an amazing wedding weekend at Beachview! My husband and I chose the venue online since we decided we wanted a wedding out of state and took a chance on Beachview, and we couldn't have chosen a more perfect place. Karen and Wendy were incredible from start to finish-- they provided recommendations for vendors (a huge help since I wasn't able to visit the area until 2 months before the wedding), they coordinated with vendors, suggested decorations, handled logistics the day of-- everything you can imagine an event planner taking care of. Their attention to detail was flawless, and I was able to enjoy the entire weekend with family and friends-- many of my guests commented at how calm I was. We rented the entire B&B for the weekend -- guests loved the rooms, the food was excellent and it was a beautiful setting. We had a seated reception with 44 guests in the pavilion, which was the perfect size for our group. All of our guests said they had such a wonderful time and they loved the island-- we can't wait to visit again!

Simone · Married on 10/29/2016

My fiancée and I wanted to elope and relax at the same time. We decided on Tybee Island after we learned about Beachview B&B. After seeing the pictures of the place and reading the reviews, our minds were set. I cannot begin to express how smooth and easy everything was. From my first contact with Karen, the owner, I knew we had made the right decision. I told her what we wanted and she gave us that and a lot more. Karen and her daughter planned everything, kept me in the loop and I just sat back and relaxed.

When we arrived at the B&B we were surprised to find out she had upgraded our room. We had a beautiful suite. To be honest, it was an apartment. Simply beautiful and charming. There was a Pirate's Fest going on and at the last minute we decided to join in the fun and get married in pirate attire. Not only that, we asked Karen's daughter if the officiant could also be dressed as a pirate and, voila, they made it happen! Our wedding was amazing and we cannot thank Karen and her staff enough.

Jenna · Married on 07/30/2016

We had the best experience! Perfect beach wedding! Karen and Frank were phenomenal! They took care of all the wedding planning. They were able to accomadate us on a very short notice with only 10 days to the date of the wedding. The reception area was the perfect size and had everything we were looking for. The food was excellent and the rooms were spacious, clean, and well designed. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

We so loved your wedding!! Thank you so much for allowing us to be apart, have fun on you exciting next adventure!!

Ashley · Married on 07/20/2016

The Beachview Bed and Breakfast was the perfect place for our wedding. Karen was an amazing host and made sure that our wedding day was flawless and stress free. We worried about nothing, literally nothing. She took care of everything from the officiant, photographer (who was also very nice, talented, and got our beautiful pictures to us in an impressive speedy manner), arch on the beach, cake, champagne toast, and gave us a ride from the bed and breakfast to the beach for our wedding on her golf cart. So cool and unique! We were there for a week total and loved our room as it was very clean, roomy, and comfortable. Breakfasts every morning was buffet style and delicious. Also not expected, Karen's husband Frank took us out for a ride on his boat! Not to mention, this is the only bed and breakfast on Tybee that allows children which was also perfect for us and she provided beach towels, chairs, umbrellas, coolers, ice, boogie boards, and bicycles. Look no further if you are trying to find the perfect place to have your beach wedding and vacation with excellent and super friendly service. We highly recommend and will be going back!

T · Married on 07/15/2016

Karen helped to make our special day an amazing, memorable occasion. We will forever be grateful for our having found her bed & breakfast in our search as she handled everything from beginning to end. Once we set a date, all we had to worry about was getting there to enjoy our wedding weekend!!

Stacey · Married on 06/24/2016

Everything was wonderful. We planned our elopement last minute and Karen was absolutely amazing. She quickly helped us coordinate everything for our special day including flowers, a cake, photographer, and officiant. The Beachview Bed and Breakfast was beautiful and we plan to go back to remember our special day next summer. Karen - Thank you so much for being a part of our wedding and making it everything that we wanted.

Sent on 09/08/2016

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Stacey it was my pleasure! Tybee Island is a beautiful place for an elopement or a wedding. Beachview staff love helping our couples enjoy their wedding day, we take the stress out of weddings! Thank you for sharing your wedding day with us!

Angela · Married on 06/03/2016

The Beachview hosted our Wedding and reception a few weeks ago. Karen, Frank, Wendy, and Erin were amazing! I contacted Karen a few months before our wedding and Karen took over the rest! The planning and execution were flawless. Karen and her crew did everything for us before, during, and after the wedding. She offers full service planning, right down to a champagne toast before our ceremony. I would highly recommend staying at the B&B in the beautiful rooms that Karen and Frank have lovingly restored. The breakfast and cocktail hour are fabulous! You will not find better food on Tybee. We had low country boil for our reception meal and every single guest was so complimentary of the chef and presentation. Karen and her staff kept the drinks and food coming. If you are looking for an intimate venue for a smaller wedding, this is your place! Whether you are coming from out of town, locally, or looking for a small elopement at the beach, the Beachview Bed and Breakfast is your place. We had a prefect wedding day and weekend thanks to the tireless efforts of Karen, Frank and their crew!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

What an amazing wedding! We loved having your friends and family join us at the Beachview for your wedding. I'm so exicted to hang out on the beach in the future!

Melinda · Married on 08/01/2015

Two weeks ago Karen, Frank and staff of the Beachview Bed & Breakfast hosted our wedding. The wedding brought two families together for the first time along with friends who traveled from across the states and beyond. The Beachview went over and beyond to make our weekend perfect! Thank you for being part of our celebration and helping to create a beautiful, memorable weekend for all! Karen has given us an appreciation for Tybee Time and we look forward to many more stays! Melinda & Guenther

Sent on 08/20/2015

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

It was so great seeing all the guests coming together as one familty with all the friends and family coming from across the globe to celebrate! A beautiful wedding!

Carly · Married on 06/06/2015

I can not express enough how amazing Beachview is. All of my guest were absolutely in love with the B & B, I received numerous compliments and everyone asking me how on earth I found such a beautiful place. Karen and Frank are more than helpful and pay attention to so many details you would never think of, but definitely notice. Erin the Chef was very accommodating with food allergies and provided a Nut free environment while myself and my guest were there. The food prepared in house was better than most 5 star restaurants. I cant wait to come back and enjoy the B & B for many years to come. We made great memories that will last a life time.

• F

Frank · Married on 05/23/2015

Planning a wedding in another city is not easy but the staff at Beachview covered every detail. My wedding was more than I could have every dreamed!

michelle · Married on 04/11/2015

Beachview Bed & Breakfast is such a magical place and exceeded our expectations. My husband and I couldn't have imagined anywhere better to spend our wedding weekend and celebrate this special time in our lives. My family along with my husband's family all stayed at the Beachview for a long weekend (3 nights) and it felt just like home. Karen and Frank (the owners) felt like extended family and were amazing hosts making the entire weekend just perfect! From preparing an amazing breakfast every morning, to happy hour and arranging everything for my wedding and just being so easy to work with and accommodating I would do it all over again. With complimentary bikes, coolers, towels, and relaxing atmosphere, it truly is the perfect getaway. It's a quick stroll to the beach, restaurants, shops and pier. The pavilion is absolutely beautiful and perfect for dinners, receptions (we had ours there) and dancing. The Beachview can do it all!!

Kendall · Married on 05/17/2014

When planning a destination wedding to Tybee Island (a place we fell in love with, yet had only been there once before), Karen & her team at the Beachview were essential to the success of our glorious lovefest weekend!
    We got started planning late (mid-Feb) for a desired May 17 wedding date. Karen was super helpful in suggesting different vendors (cake maker, DJ, transport services, photographer, chair/alter rental, securing beach location for ceremony), so that made it convenient & fluid for us to focus on other factors. We ended up using most of the service providers she suggested & couldn't have been happier we did.
    We rented the entire B &B for the weekend for the "bridal party". The place is gorgeous. Newly renovated, the results are the most glorious place to stay. Close to the shoreline & the happenings of resturaunts, bars, beaches, etc. there are bikes, sunscreen, chairs, towels and awesome amenities available to use w/the stay. There's even a fabulous happy hour everyday with wine, beer & yummy food in a exquisite atmosphere.
    We had 85 guests that attended our beach wedding. Thereafter while we took pics, everyone headed back to the Beachview for drinks and hors d'oeuvres prior to the reception. The staff at the Beachview nailed it - the food was insanely delicious! We picked 3 dishes for dinner - a veg, beef & fish dish...all of which were phenomenal. The porches served as our dining area, which was perfect & unique - it was open, breezy & beautiful for all to enjoy.
    The night was incredible beyond several measures. We heard countless times from several guests that this was among the funnest weddings ever attended (& this bunch of cats attend lots of weddings!).
    Personal touches of champagne & rose petals in our bedroom were lovely compliments to the professionalism we experienced when working with the Beachview for our radical celebration. We can't wait to throw another soiree at the Beachview soon!! Maybe a reunion anniversary party!

Beth · Married on 06/22/2013

An elopement seemed the perfect option for my husband and me, who were looking for a simple, sweet ceremony to be shared on the beach.  When looking for such a place, I came across Beachview, not only a honeymoon get-away, but an elopement specialist, too.  From picking the picturesque beach spot to arranging for an officiate and photographer to ordering and picking-up the floral bouquet, Karen handled every last detail.  And when I say "handled", I mean that she carefully planned each detail to its best.  My husband and I had only to bring ourselves and our attire.  We have been married almost three years now, and I still am awestruck at the simply charming beach wedding which Karen created for us.  It was truly a beautiful sunset wedding dream.  And that was just the wedding.  We also honeymooned at Beachview, and Karen continued to work her creative magic in our stay with her at this delightful bed and breakfast.  She is simply the best!

Karen made our wedding a wonderful experience. Her B&B is gorgeous and we greatly enjoyed our time there.

Jan · Married on 05/28/2016

20 family members spent 4 days and 3 nights in beautiful rooms, with fantastic food, and hosts that met our every need. Pavilion was perfect setting for dinners and gatherings. Karen and Frank made us feel so cared for and comfortable.

Allyson · Married on 11/07/2015

We had our welcome dinner, rehearsal, ceremony, reception and farewell breakfast all at Beachview. We also rented out the entire B&B for our guests for the weekend. We needed additional space and they helped us locate nearby quality accommodations. Karen and her staff handled almost everything for us, other than the few things I chose to handle myself. She handled the flowers, ceremony music, food, drinks, hair and makeup, and on and on. She made it easy and relaxed and let the day and weekend just fit our style and budget. We had such an amazing experience with our family and friends. I can't imagine getting such a personalized experience anywhere else. Karen's enthusiasm for our day was apparent throughout our planning, during the day, and even now as we stay in touch. Her chef made the menu fit just as we wanted and create a late night crepe station just for fun. The bartenders were a delight and even guided our guests for after party fun. There really was something for everyone. Beachview really is the ultimate setting for a beach wedding and reception, or like we did, all at the B&B. Our friends and family enjoyed the weekend (week for some) on the island and loved the B&B. It really is like a second home that you will not want to leave. My husband and I cannot say enough about Beachview, it's charm and the amazing people you will meet. We would highly recommend Beachview B&B for your wedding! We will never forget our special day!

Sent on 02/14/2016

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

Thanks so much! It was an amazing weekend and we were so happy to be involved! `Wendy

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2016

4.2
      3.0

We could not have asked for a better venue for our wedding. The rooms were gorgeous and Karen and Frank went out of their way to make it as perfect for us as they could.

Kyle · Married on 06/06/2015

3.5
      3.5

Everything very clean, food was excellent, bed and breakfast was everything you would want. They provided bikes, coolers, towels, sun block, bug spray, ice, and many more things not listed. Food every morning was 5 star and above expectations. Service over all at b&b was great. Planning of the wedding was pretty tough from communications to understanding what and why we where charged for items. Over all I would refer anyone to this place for a weekend stay, long vacation or a wedding. Very pleased with how everything turned out and couldn't have been happier. Only down fall was communication and the pricing of items and why. Communication is pretty huge when planning a wedding and my wife was very stressed at times, but at the end her smile was priceless. If Tybee Island is the place your set on for a wedding I strongly recommend Beachview Bed and Breakfast. The entire wedding party can all stay at one place and great location on island to take in what Tybee has to offer.

Erin · Married on 04/22/2017

0.4
      0.5

This review is long over due. Last December my fiancé and I went to visit the Beach View. We picked it as our wedding venue because it was pretty, the location is what were looking for, and most importantly it was in budget. We sat down with Wendy, the owner's daughter, and she did a budget for us for 50 guests. It was spot on. We signed a contract, paid the deposit, and started to plan our wedding. A month or two down the line our wedding started growing (funny how that happens). I called Wendy and asked what the maximum capacity would be. She said she would ask her mother and get back to me. She TEXTED me to tell me it was 100 people but there would be a 20 dollar charge per additional table needed for table clothes. Cool. No biggie. Wendy had been great through this process about finding cost saving tricks. For instance she suggested half pieces of cake because it was a brunch wedding. Any way fast forward to a little over a month prior to the wedding, I called Wendy and let her know our final count was 80 people. I doubled check my math was correct based off the written estimate she'd given me. She said it sounded close and would send me the final bill. Later the night I got a phone call for her mother, the owner Karen. Karen left me a voicemail ranting, crying, yelling (I still have it). Saying that the package I selected was for a max of 25 people (then why did Wendy in writing quote me for 50 and in writing say the max was 100). She also told me that it would not be 25 dollars per person but 90 dollars per person. WTF! Of course I called her. I tried as calmly as I could to try to understand this person. She screamed at me. Cried. Called me names. All witnessed by my fiancé. She told me I was cheap and took advantage of her daughter. Her daughter is in her late 30s to 40s and I never asked her to reduce a single price. She did tell me she'd refund my deposit and room deposit but needed to know now! Because she had another wedding booked that weekend and sh

Sent on 07/29/2017

Beachview Bed and Breakfast's reply:

We are saddened by this review because we believed that by allowing this wedding out of your contract (which we didn't have to do) and returning all your families room deposits (again, we didn't have to do) that we had did everything to make this situation right. We do admit fault in this wedding. Our sunrise wedding package is new and the handful that we've done haven't been over 25 guests. You are correct we did agree that our max capacity at Beachview is 100 guests... and this is where I'm to blame- I didn't realize that meant additional cost because the sunrise package is priced on the cheap side which doesn't allow the extra time with the photographer, set up, clean up, additional cake, additional work in the kitchen, etc... so when adding 55 guest over the "normal" sunrise wedding... I, Wendy, didn't realize the extra cost that would incur. Honestly, as soon as I understood this, I tired to make everything right and communicate that with ya'll. We are sorry that it ended up the wedding ceremony being canceled at Beachview. We have realized are mistakes and have changed wording in our sunrise package information to make sure this doesn't happen again. We did allow the opportunity to cancel and receive the deposit money back- this is something, I don't believe any wedding venue would have allowed. As well as, allowing all guests to cancel their room reservations with deposits returned. In response to not receiving all money back from deposit- if this truly had been an issue- you would've have contacted us for more information back when the wedding was cancelled in April- not in a review in July. Once again- I'm sorry- I was truly excited about this wedding and which the outcome could have been different.