Be Unique Boutique Reviews

Be Unique Boutique 5
Be Unique Boutique 6
Be Unique Boutique 7

Annie · Married on 05/02/2015

I started my search for a wedding dress in NYC, but was completely overwhelmed. When I walked into Be Unique, my entire experience changed. The owner, Erika, helped me find the perfect dress and I couldn't be happier with how I looked on my wedding day!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Erin · Married on 04/11/2015

Erika and her Florence are amazing!!! They were wonderful to work with. Erika is respectful, professional, passionate and extremely nice/caring. Erika and Florence settle for nothing but the best. Finding my wedding dress with Be Unique was the least stressful part of the entire wedding planning process. I didn't have to worry about anything. They made me feel so comfortable and beautiful. I was 110% satisfied with all aspect of this boutique. They have the most beautiful dresses with a wide selection. My mom found her dress for my wedding here as well which is just as stunning as the wedding gown. I highly recommend!!

Sent on 04/03/2015
  • W

Wilma · Married on 04/11/2015

The experience was most delightful. Great selection for many different body types and no pressure. They wanted what was best for you.
    I will definitely return for my next event.

Sent on 04/03/2015

Nadia · Married on 03/28/2015

Be Unique Boutique is amazing! I got engaged in December 2014 and we planned our wedding for March 2015. I emailed Erika, the owner, in mid December and she gave me an appointment just three days after I emailed. I was the only appointment she had booked so all the focus was on finding me the perfect dress, which I did that day! I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to find a dress given how quickly we were getting married and Erika put all of those fears out of my mind. I told Erika my budget and she firmly stuck to it. Erika also had the greatest accessories for my dress. From start to finish she was incredible and the on site tailor was fantastic. I highly recommend Be Unique Boutique as the perfect place to find your perfect dress!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Emily · Married on 10/25/2014

I must say that I probably went to 10+ bridal shops before finally finding Be Unique. The dresses are beautiful but there was one dress that I had in my mind that I couldn't get over and no one in the state of CT/NY had it. Erika from Be Unique rented the dress for me so that I could try it on and that was how I found my dress! No other shop thought of that or offered to do that service. I am extremely grateful for Erika's patience and professionalism. She has been wonderful to work with and I am happy that I am able to give my business to someone who takes such pride in their store. Definitely try Be Unique first!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Linda · Married on 10/11/2014

I had a great experience with Erika. She was very helpful in finding the right dress and accommodating with my budget (which wasn't much) and she didn't make me feel uncomfortable about it. Some places treat you differently once they learn what you want to spend and this was not the case with Erika. My dress was from the designer Kitty Chen and it couldn't have been more beautiful. It was a unique, antique looking dress and all my guests adored it, including my husband! They all thought I paid thousands for it!!!! Florence did a terrific job with the alterations. I got so many compliments on the bustle she created. Thanks to Erika, my dress was the easiest choice I made for my wedding! I would absolutely recommend this boutique to any bride!!!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Deanna · Married on 09/27/2014

I will forever remember Erika from Be Unique Boutique! She went so far out of her way to find the dress of my dreams, get it to her shop and have it altered to perfection!!

I highly recommend her and her boutique to anyone looking for a dress for a special day! She makes dreams come true!!

Sent on 09/20/2014

Terry · Married on 09/13/2014

Erika, the proprietor, was extremely helpful and encouraging. I trusted her to offer the best consultation for the wedding dress and veil. Erika was very friendly, understanding and professional. She knew her dresses. The information she provided was spot on regarding dress quality, order time, veil recommendation, shipping dates, arrival dates and so forth. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

I'm so glad I found Be Unique Boutique. Wedding dress shopping can be very overwhelming, yet working with Erika was the complete opposite. She has this calming way about her that puts you and everyone you're with at ease. But even more important is her clear expertise in what she does.

She listens to what you have to say and then has a great eye for finding a dress that would be perfect for you. Even after we found my dress, she was committed to working with Florencia (the brilliant seamstress) to ensure every alternation was absolutely perfect. I trusted her guidance and instincts and it paid off. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day thanks to these amazing ladies.

The shop was so perfect that we actually found the mother of the bride stress there too -- and recently just went back with my sister and found her wedding dress too! Clearly, Erika and Be Unique Boutique are doing something right!

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great wedding dress shopping experience.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2014

Be Unique Boutique made wedding dress shopping the easiest part of all of my wedding planning. Erika is a gem in the wedding world. She's not overwhelming when you walk in, but rather very helpful. It only took 4 dresses to find the dress of my dreams. Her store also had the perfect accessories to go along with it. The fittings were easy and always exciting. Erika has a way of making you feel like a bride even before your wedding day!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Kirstin · Married on 08/31/2014

Lovely Boutique! Many styles and designer gowns. The owner, Erika, was a breath of fresh air after going to many other shops. She wanted to help you find the dress of your dreams and was not pushy in the least. I moved out of state after purchasing the dress and she saw to it the dress was shipped and all was well. Definitely would recommend

Sent on 05/24/2014

Genevieve · Married on 08/30/2014

Be Unique Boutique was my first and last stop when it came to finding the perfect dress for my wedding. Scheduling an appointment was easy and the owner, Erika is the most accommodating. I entered the shop not knowing what to expect. Erika asked me very simple questions about my style and design details. I tried on 5 dresses when something on a rack caught my eye. "That one!" I said, pointing to the perfection amidst beauties. I stepped into the gorgeous We Love Yu dress and knew I had met the dress equivalent of my soulmate.
    Erika informed me that it was a sample and that it was no longer being produced - but not to worry! She would make sure it fit.
    I carried my dress home yesterday. It not only fits perfectly but it is the perfect reflection of who I am and how I feel as a bride. Thank you Erika. Your bridal boutique is a gem.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Angela · Married on 08/09/2014

Erica of Be Unique was a pleasure to work with. The boutique has a cozy feel to it with many different styles of wedding gowns, all of which are unique and beautiful. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this boutique.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Tani · Married on 07/12/2014

This store is a gem. I had visited multiple shops in NYC and coming to Be Unique Boutique was quite refreshing. Erika’s shop is so beautifully maintained and she takes pride in her business. She is not pushy, rather totally genuine and so helpful at every step of the way. Be Unique is the exclusive distributor of Papilio gowns, they are beautifully handcrafted and so unique – you can’t find dresses like these anywhere else!

The Alena Goretskayas gown I selected was absolutely the perfect dress and Erika and her wonderful seamstress dedicated all the time needed to ensure the dress fit perfectly and that my mom was fully educated on how to bustle the dress for the day of.

I highly recommend Be Unique for any bride to be, they are wonderful!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Erika was amazing she made sure everything was perfect for my wedding day

Sent on 06/13/2014

Deidre · Married on 06/14/2014

I bought my wedding dress at Be Unique Boutique. It was such a pleasant buying experience. I called ahead and spoke to Erica about the style I was interested in and she had a bunch ready for me to try on. I bought the third dress I tried and I couldn't have been happier. It truly was a unique dress :) The shop is cozy and welcoming and not at all overwhelming. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Laura · Married on 05/17/2014

I, like most brides, had the exact mental and physical picture of the dream wedding dress I wanted. I got in touch with Erica at Be Unique when I found out that Be Unique featured the collections of designer Papilio. Upon my arrival, the sample I had been swooning over was already set aside in a lovely dressing area for me. I couldn't wait to try it on and see myself in it. Then, it was just ok, I couldn't believe I didn't love it and I was one of "those brides" that didn't love her dream dress. Before I could even say anything Erica, reading my face and body language was right behind me with 3 other dress she thought would be better for me, the second being The One! I loved/love my dress SO much!!
    Erica kept in contact with me over the next few months as my dress was in production and going through delivery and customs. Then her seamstress was on site on arrival to have my dress fit absolutely flawlessly. There was never a hidden agenda, cost or timeline, and she always made me feel welcome and special.
    Thank you so much for making my special day all the more special and beautiful.

Sent on 05/27/2014

christine · Married on 05/10/2014

I highly recommend Be Unique Boutique and Erika. She was recommended to me by a friend since had been to three other stores and had grown slightly frustrated as I was looking for something specific but no one could provide me with the dress I wanted. I made an appointment to work with Erika and from the moment I walked in she was glowing and willing to help. I told her what I wanted, she selected 3 dresses all within my price range and when I walked out with the 2nd dress on, I was jumping up and down with happiness since I had found my DREAM DRESS!!! Erika is extremely organized, friendly, so easy to work with that I also decided to purchase my bridesmaid dresses from her. Forget the big stores in the city, you will get personal service and a great experience with Be Unique!!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Erica was wonderful! From the moment my mom and I walked in, Erica took the time to ensure that we got dresses we loved (wedding dress and Mother of the Bride) and ensured that everything fit perfectly with the help of her amazing seamstress! I have been recommending Be Unique Boutique to everyone I know who has a wedding or formal occasion on the horizon. It was a truly wonderful experience!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Josephine · Married on 03/15/2014

Erika is an extremely knowledgable bridal consultant! Be Unique was my first stop shopping trip for my Mother of the Groom attire. After my encounter with Erika it was my last! The attention I received was superb and Florence the seamstress is by far the best! I can't wait to wear my gown and to share pictures on the website! I will definitely be back to visit!

Sent on 03/11/2014
  • User3932013 · 2+ years ago

Always greeted with a smile. Both the owner and the woman who did the alterations were great to work with. I highly recommend this bridal shop if you want professional service with a personal touch.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Lauren · Married on 12/28/2013

Erika is incredible!! She is so personable, knowledgable & professional it made working with her simply a joy! From the magic moment I said yes to the dress, to the fitting, picking accessories & picking up the dress every interaction with Erika was smooth and easy. Communicating with Erika was easy & I am soooo glad that I picked B-Unique Boutique for my gorgeous wedding gown. Best. Dress. Boutique. Ever. Tried to give her 10 stars but they limit me to just 5!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Excellent personal, professional service. Breathtaking gowns with beautiful accessories to complement your outfit!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Claudia · Married on 09/07/2013

Erika is a pro. She was open and available, fun and professional. You will not get better service anywhere in the Metro NY area. Her seamstress is a gem and totally professional and has such grace and patience. I will recommend this boutique to everyone for evening wear, weddings etc. stress free experience. Bliss!!!!! Love them!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Katie · Married on 09/07/2013

BeUnique Boutique is THE place to find your wedding gown, accessories, jewelry, and other gowns- maid of honor, mother of the bride. Erika was so helpful, patient and accommodating. Alterations are also amazing and every detail is taken into consideration. Would absolutely recommend to everyone. This is most definitely a unique experience!

Sent on 02/09/2014