Be Unique Boutique Reviews

Be Unique Boutique 5
Be Unique Boutique 6
Be Unique Boutique 7

Terry · Married on 09/13/2014

Erika, the proprietor, was extremely helpful and encouraging. I trusted her to offer the best consultation for the wedding dress and veil. Erika was very friendly, understanding and professional. She knew her dresses. The information she provided was spot on regarding dress quality, order time, veil recommendation, shipping dates, arrival dates and so forth. Highly recommend!

Sent on 07/01/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/13/2014

I'm so glad I found Be Unique Boutique. Wedding dress shopping can be very overwhelming, yet working with Erika was the complete opposite. She has this calming way about her that puts you and everyone you're with at ease. But even more important is her clear expertise in what she does.

She listens to what you have to say and then has a great eye for finding a dress that would be perfect for you. Even after we found my dress, she was committed to working with Florencia (the brilliant seamstress) to ensure every alternation was absolutely perfect. I trusted her guidance and instincts and it paid off. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day thanks to these amazing ladies.

The shop was so perfect that we actually found the mother of the bride stress there too -- and recently just went back with my sister and found her wedding dress too! Clearly, Erika and Be Unique Boutique are doing something right!

I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a great wedding dress shopping experience.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Jessica · Married on 09/06/2014

Be Unique Boutique made wedding dress shopping the easiest part of all of my wedding planning. Erika is a gem in the wedding world. She's not overwhelming when you walk in, but rather very helpful. It only took 4 dresses to find the dress of my dreams. Her store also had the perfect accessories to go along with it. The fittings were easy and always exciting. Erika has a way of making you feel like a bride even before your wedding day!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Kirstin · Married on 08/31/2014

Lovely Boutique! Many styles and designer gowns. The owner, Erika, was a breath of fresh air after going to many other shops. She wanted to help you find the dress of your dreams and was not pushy in the least. I moved out of state after purchasing the dress and she saw to it the dress was shipped and all was well. Definitely would recommend

Sent on 05/24/2014

Genevieve · Married on 08/30/2014

Be Unique Boutique was my first and last stop when it came to finding the perfect dress for my wedding. Scheduling an appointment was easy and the owner, Erika is the most accommodating. I entered the shop not knowing what to expect. Erika asked me very simple questions about my style and design details. I tried on 5 dresses when something on a rack caught my eye. "That one!" I said, pointing to the perfection amidst beauties. I stepped into the gorgeous We Love Yu dress and knew I had met the dress equivalent of my soulmate.
    Erika informed me that it was a sample and that it was no longer being produced - but not to worry! She would make sure it fit.
    I carried my dress home yesterday. It not only fits perfectly but it is the perfect reflection of who I am and how I feel as a bride. Thank you Erika. Your bridal boutique is a gem.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Angela · Married on 08/09/2014

Erica of Be Unique was a pleasure to work with. The boutique has a cozy feel to it with many different styles of wedding gowns, all of which are unique and beautiful. She was very helpful and knowledgeable. I would definitely recommend this boutique.

Sent on 09/20/2014

Tani · Married on 07/12/2014

This store is a gem. I had visited multiple shops in NYC and coming to Be Unique Boutique was quite refreshing. Erika’s shop is so beautifully maintained and she takes pride in her business. She is not pushy, rather totally genuine and so helpful at every step of the way. Be Unique is the exclusive distributor of Papilio gowns, they are beautifully handcrafted and so unique – you can’t find dresses like these anywhere else!

The Alena Goretskayas gown I selected was absolutely the perfect dress and Erika and her wonderful seamstress dedicated all the time needed to ensure the dress fit perfectly and that my mom was fully educated on how to bustle the dress for the day of.

I highly recommend Be Unique for any bride to be, they are wonderful!

Sent on 09/29/2014

Erika was amazing she made sure everything was perfect for my wedding day

Sent on 06/13/2014

Deidre · Married on 06/14/2014

I bought my wedding dress at Be Unique Boutique. It was such a pleasant buying experience. I called ahead and spoke to Erica about the style I was interested in and she had a bunch ready for me to try on. I bought the third dress I tried and I couldn't have been happier. It truly was a unique dress :) The shop is cozy and welcoming and not at all overwhelming. Thank you thank you thank you!!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Laura · Married on 05/17/2014

I, like most brides, had the exact mental and physical picture of the dream wedding dress I wanted. I got in touch with Erica at Be Unique when I found out that Be Unique featured the collections of designer Papilio. Upon my arrival, the sample I had been swooning over was already set aside in a lovely dressing area for me. I couldn't wait to try it on and see myself in it. Then, it was just ok, I couldn't believe I didn't love it and I was one of "those brides" that didn't love her dream dress. Before I could even say anything Erica, reading my face and body language was right behind me with 3 other dress she thought would be better for me, the second being The One! I loved/love my dress SO much!!
    Erica kept in contact with me over the next few months as my dress was in production and going through delivery and customs. Then her seamstress was on site on arrival to have my dress fit absolutely flawlessly. There was never a hidden agenda, cost or timeline, and she always made me feel welcome and special.
    Thank you so much for making my special day all the more special and beautiful.

Sent on 05/27/2014

christine · Married on 05/10/2014

I highly recommend Be Unique Boutique and Erika. She was recommended to me by a friend since had been to three other stores and had grown slightly frustrated as I was looking for something specific but no one could provide me with the dress I wanted. I made an appointment to work with Erika and from the moment I walked in she was glowing and willing to help. I told her what I wanted, she selected 3 dresses all within my price range and when I walked out with the 2nd dress on, I was jumping up and down with happiness since I had found my DREAM DRESS!!! Erika is extremely organized, friendly, so easy to work with that I also decided to purchase my bridesmaid dresses from her. Forget the big stores in the city, you will get personal service and a great experience with Be Unique!!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Erica was wonderful! From the moment my mom and I walked in, Erica took the time to ensure that we got dresses we loved (wedding dress and Mother of the Bride) and ensured that everything fit perfectly with the help of her amazing seamstress! I have been recommending Be Unique Boutique to everyone I know who has a wedding or formal occasion on the horizon. It was a truly wonderful experience!

Sent on 05/01/2014

Josephine · Married on 03/15/2014

Erika is an extremely knowledgable bridal consultant! Be Unique was my first stop shopping trip for my Mother of the Groom attire. After my encounter with Erika it was my last! The attention I received was superb and Florence the seamstress is by far the best! I can't wait to wear my gown and to share pictures on the website! I will definitely be back to visit!

Sent on 03/11/2014
  • User3932013 · 2+ years ago

Always greeted with a smile. Both the owner and the woman who did the alterations were great to work with. I highly recommend this bridal shop if you want professional service with a personal touch.

Sent on 02/25/2014

Lauren · Married on 12/28/2013

Erika is incredible!! She is so personable, knowledgable & professional it made working with her simply a joy! From the magic moment I said yes to the dress, to the fitting, picking accessories & picking up the dress every interaction with Erika was smooth and easy. Communicating with Erika was easy & I am soooo glad that I picked B-Unique Boutique for my gorgeous wedding gown. Best. Dress. Boutique. Ever. Tried to give her 10 stars but they limit me to just 5!

Sent on 12/31/2013

Excellent personal, professional service. Breathtaking gowns with beautiful accessories to complement your outfit!

Sent on 10/30/2013

Claudia · Married on 09/07/2013

Erika is a pro. She was open and available, fun and professional. You will not get better service anywhere in the Metro NY area. Her seamstress is a gem and totally professional and has such grace and patience. I will recommend this boutique to everyone for evening wear, weddings etc. stress free experience. Bliss!!!!! Love them!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Katie · Married on 09/07/2013

BeUnique Boutique is THE place to find your wedding gown, accessories, jewelry, and other gowns- maid of honor, mother of the bride. Erika was so helpful, patient and accommodating. Alterations are also amazing and every detail is taken into consideration. Would absolutely recommend to everyone. This is most definitely a unique experience!

Sent on 02/09/2014

Amy · Married on 07/26/2013

Erika was awesome. After coming from a bridal shop where the sales girl had more interest in chatting with her co-worker than helping us, it was so great to have Erika there eager to help out. I had an idea set in my mind about what I wanted for a dress and nothing I was trying on was sparking any interest. Then Erika brought out a dress that wasn't even on my radar - and it was perfect and completely unique (I haven't not seen a dress like it in any store). I would absolutely recommend Erika!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Kimberly · Married on 07/13/2013

We could not have selected a better place to purchase a bridal dress. Erika, owner of Be Unique Boutique, has redefined what I have come to expect from my customer service experience. Any bride can tell you that the dress is by far one of the most important parts of the wedding, as well as the one of the most stressful. Erika takes the stress out of the shopping experience. Kind, warm, attentive, and patient, she goes above and beyond to make the bride-to-be and company feel relaxed. I cannot thank Erika enough for being so instrumental in making me 'shine' for my big day. The look on my husband's face when he first saw me will be ingrained in my memory forever. My mother-in-law also purchased her dress there and she was breath taking. The alterations were top notch. Florence is talented and has a great creative eye. Be Unique Boutique is definitely the best in the industry for all of your wedding attire needs!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Tanya · Married on 07/13/2013

Found my dress less than 2 weeks before my wedding.. Be Unique was amazing! My dress was altered to perfection in time for my big day!

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • Aisling

Aisling · Married on 06/22/2013

Erika was wonderful to work with. She is very honest and provided excellent service. I liked how she knew what types of dresses would look best on my body type. I fell in love with my dress and have no regrets purchasing my dress from Be Unique.

Sent on 07/18/2013

Erika was fabulous. I found her boutique because I was looking for a specific designer that I knew she carried in her store. She knew exactly what accessories would make my dress stand out (veil and earrings). After my fittings and the adjustments, my dress fit perfectly and I loved wearing it for the ceremony and reception. I would really recommend Erika and her store for wedding dresses, special occasion dresses and for tailoring. She was very nice and helpful and I always enjoyed going to my fittings.

Sent on 09/14/2013

Erika's boutique is indeed unique. I stumbled upon it after stopping by a neighboring store, where I was surprised at how disinterested in my business that vendor seemed to be. In contrast, Erika was immediately attentive to my needs and showed me an array of beautiful dresses in the price range I indicated. She impressed me with her fashion-sense and her willingness to provide an honest opinion as to which dress was most flattering. Clearly, her guidance was excellent, as I received numerous ooohs and ahhhs from both guests at my son's wedding and from total strangers who came up to me on the street to pay compliments!

Sent on 06/15/2013

Erika was a pleasure to work with! She has a wonderful collection of dresses and accessories. Erika not only found a beautiful and affordable wedding dress for me, she found a wedding dress for my sister married that same year, and dressed my mother as well. We all felt and looked beautiful! Alterations, although a little expensive, were absolutely perfect. Erika would not allow you to leave with the dress unless you were happy with the final product. All three of us would highly recommend Be Unique Boutique!

Sent on 08/07/2013