BDK MINT (Bidulki Judan, Inc.) Reviews

63 | Elkins Park, PA

63 Reviews for BDK MINT (Bidulki Judan, Inc.)

Lusia Yu · Married on 10/12/2019

Easy Planning and Super Fun

I got married in October and was super stressed and nervous about paebaek because I didn’t really know what it entailed and how to incorporate it in the wedding. Jessica at BDK was very informative and made things super easy as she gave structure and recommendations to the process. We opened paebaek up to our guest after cocktail hour and everyone loved it (us included)! Jessica emcee-ed the paebaek and definitely energized the guests and made this ceremony super fun and enjoyable for everyone. If you plan to have a paebaek, I highly recommend BDK to provide the service!

Sent on 10/27/2019

Johanna · Married on 09/28/2019

What a dream

Jessica and Sylvia were THE BEST. I cannot rave enough about their professionalism, quality of customer service, expertise, friendliness, and agility. I was the type of bride to be that was indecisive and all over the place to put it bluntly. But Jessica handled our communications well, promptly, and so professionally. When we met in person she and Sylvia got right to what they do best, letting me relax and enjoy my time with my family and friends. I had so much fun getting ready with them, and my family and fiancés family (who are not korean) LOVED the ceremony. My fiancé and I were surprised at just how much we loved having our family members participate and be involved in the merging of our two families. Jessica was a killer MC catering to the Korean speakers in the room as well as the non korean speakers. By the end of Friday, we felt like the weekend couldn’t get even better (it did obviously but BDK raised the bar IMMENSELY. If you are on the fence about doing a paebaek, JUST DO IT. You will not regret it one bit. It’s an amazing memory now not just for us but for our friends and family too. Last note - we did our paebaek during our rehearsal dinner. This worked out great because everyone got excited about the rest of the festivities the next day. HIGHLY RECOMMEND BDK MINT!

Sent on 09/30/2019
  • Glory

Glory Kim · Married on 09/27/2019

Don't look anywhere else, BDK | mint is who you're looking for.

I can't even begin to explain how great of an experience I had with BDK | mint. I got hanboks through them and had a Korean Ceremony through them. When it came to designing a custom hanbok, they didn't mind explaining things over and over again with the questions I had, and they are very knowledgable about traditional vs. modern looks, and what color combinations work and don't work. The hanboks were absolutely BEAUTIFUL and extremely high quality, handled with so much love and care.

Don't even get me started with the Paebaek experience. My wedding wouldn't have been the same without having one! Jessica is so bright and so knowledgable about Korean culture but VERY comfortable to talk to and be around if you're not super in-touch with your Korean culture. She is passionate, fun, respectful, and you can tell she really loves what she does. She is not shy in front of a crowd and she's very pleasant to be around with a huge smile on her face! Sylvia is also just as pleasant to be around and very gentle when helping out with dressing you and helping you bow if you need assistance!

I personally made a video about me and my husband's experience with BDK | mint. If you type BDK mint in YouTube and see the title, "Our Korean Wedding Ceremony" you will see our experience and hopefully you can see for yourself how amazing it was. Don't look anywhere else! BDK | mint is the way to go. Your guests will be VERY wowed!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Shinhey

Shinhey Schwartz · Married on 09/07/2019

So much fun!!!!

BDK Mint was professional from the first e-mail to the final execution of the paebaek ceremony. They were very responsive and accommodated all of my requests. The actual ceremony was beautiful and so much fun! Everyone laughed and every guest I spoke to raved about it. We swapped out the traditional American bridal party intros and speeches and incorporated the bridesmaids and groomsmen into the ceremony instead. They were introduced individually and everyone gave us short well wishes :)

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Ada

Ada · Married on 09/07/2019

The best vendor

BDK Mint was my favorite vendor on my wedding day. Through the entire process Jessica was extremely prompt in communications, very flexible, and easy to work with. On the day of, they totally blew my expectations. The set up is gorgeous and they make the ceremony so incredibly easy. They come with everything prepared, back up, clips, pins, everything. They've thought of every detail and help you get dressed into their beautiful robes. They help you through the process of the ceremony. My Korean family was so impressed with the whole thing and asked how I found them, and will be hiring them for any future weddings in the area. My American friends loved it because Jessica is fluent in both Korean and English. She made the ceremony so enjoyable for everyone! We had such a blast. I would recommend BDK to anyone considering. They truly are the best.

Sent on 10/08/2019

Hannah S · Married on 09/01/2019

Wedding paebaek 9/1/19

The paebaek made our wedding extremely special, and was the highlight of the wedding. They took care of all the details and we didn’t have to prepare anything at all and everything went perfectly! I would highly recommend them to anyone considering a paebaek for their wedding!

Sent on 09/03/2019

Deborah Hong · Married on 08/30/2019

August 30th 2019 wedding

If anyone is remotely considering having a paebaek at their wedding, I would say “Go for it” and make sure you ask BDK Mint to help organize the event. BDK Mint was
    so fast in setting up everything needed for the ceremony and helped everyone dress in their hanboks. Jessica was so helpful with providing us info on what to expect in the ceremony and helped us include all of our parents, aunts and uncles from both sides of our family. Our guests had so much fun watching the paebaek and said it was the highlight of their evening. We cannot thank BDK Mint enough for the extraordinary job they did at making our wedding one to remember.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Rachel · Married on 07/27/2019

Loved BDK!

BDK mint is superb at what they do. I was excited to have a paebaek ceremony for my wedding ever since I was a little girl and was so excited to work with bdk. We designed beautiful hanboks for both the groom and myself and I was glad to pick out our own colors and patterns. their paebaek service though was amazing. Jessica was great at staying in touch with us as we were planning our wedding and really set up a great ceremony stage and ceremony flow. I was a little frantic during our entire wedding day and worried whether my groom and I would look clueless and take too much time during the ceremony not knowing what to do, but Jessica conducted the ceremony flawlessly, was able to entertain guests who were unfamiliar with the service and coordinate with many family groups. Jessica and her helper were super fast at helping us get dressed (we wore western wedding dress and tux for ceremony and changed back into them after paebaek) and were so nice and friendly throughout. Book them early for your korean paebaek ceremony! Thank you BDK!

Sent on 12/31/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah Keem · Married on 06/08/2019

The best!

The Paebaek Ceremony was the best part of our wedding reception. Jessica and her team did a PHENOMENAL job at setting up the ceremony area; helping us (the bride and groom) get dressed; and presenting/leading the ceremony. It was one of the most unique and absolutely fun experiences we've had. Thank you BDK Mint!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2019

One of our best wedding vendor hires!

There was nothing more important to my husband and I than to highlight my Korean heritage at our wedding in North Carolina. While we dreamt of having a paebaek ceremony, we did not think that we would be able to because doing so would require someone to coordinate and narrate the ceremony for both our Korean and English speaking guests. More importantly, we needed someone who was fluent enough in English to easily communicate with us and the rest of our wedding vendors, especially our wedding coordinator.

We stumbled on BDK Mint's website by chance and discovered that BDK Mint was everything we were looking for and more! We communicated with Jessica, who was informative, professional, thorough and prompt to answer all of our questions. Even though we were not able to meet with Jessica in person or see any of the paebaek rentals, we signed a contract with BDK Mint without any hesitation, as our communications with Jessica left us with no doubt about the service BDK Mint would provide. On the day of the wedding, BDK Mint exceeded our expectations with their professionalism and knowledge. BDK Mint also made the entire process so easy, allowing us to rent beautiful hanboks as well.

While we know that many couples decide to have the paebaek ceremony at the end of their wedding reception, we decided to have our paebaek ceremony after cocktail hour and at the start of the reception, so that all of our guests could witness the paebaek ceremony. We are glad that we did it this way because all of our guests, the great majority of whom are American born, absolutely enjoyed the ceremony. Many have even stated that our wedding was the best wedding they had ever attended because they were able to witness and learn about a cultural ceremony.

We cannot recommend BDK Mint's services enough and encourage you to make the investment as you will not regret working with BDK Mint! They truly have a one-of-a-kind service. Thank you BDK Mint for the wonderful experience! We are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with you!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 12/28/2018

Memorable and lots of fun!

BDK Mint did a phenomenal job at our wedding. They were extremely professional - organized, punctual, detail oriented, and really engaged the audience while MC’ing the ceremony. We had so much fun and will never forget our wonderful paebaek experience thanks to BDK Mint.

Sent on 02/14/2019

Tina Kim · Married on 12/15/2018

Best part of our wedding!

It was super important to us that we shared our Korean culture with all of our guests. We got hanboks from bdkmint for our engagement photos, and they turned out so amazing and beautiful. On our actual wedding day, the paebaek ceremony was THE highlight from our wedding - everyone kept telling us how unexpectedly fun and beautiful the entire thing was. It was an honor sharing my culture with our guests, and bdkmint was a huge part in making that happen, from the beautiful hanboks to Jessica’s great teamslations and explanations. My mom also looked amazing in her hanbok - she was the star of the night!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Tina C · Married on 11/17/2018

Best part of the wedding!

As a Korean American, I haven’t stayed very true to my Korean roots. When my mom suggested we do a paebaek, I initially turned it down but I’m so happy that she made me change my mind and we ended up working with Jessica at BDK! It truly was one of the most special parts of our wedding and definitely the most entertaining! My husband and most of my friends are not Korean so it was all a hilarious surprise to them, and my Korean family appreciated including our culture in an otherwise modern American wedding. Jessica is the absolute easiest to work with, despite my many emails and multiple changes!

Sent on 12/01/2018

Sunny · Married on 09/15/2018

The paebaek ceremony was undoubtedly the highlight of our wedding which was already fantastic as is. Jessica’s MC’ing was flawless. The hanbok was beautiful. And most of all it every guest had a blast. My husband’s 87 year old Irish grandfather teared up because he was just so overjoyed by participating in it. I recommend this to any couple hands down!

Sent on 09/20/2018

lucy · Married on 06/30/2018

Jessica and her team were amazing from time of booking to the end of the ceremony! Jessica was always available for questions and made sure things went smoothly -- even with our crazy parental dynamics. On the day of our paebaek they were nothing but professional and absolutely amazing, despite our ceremony being outside in 97 degree summer weather! My mother is still raving about how perfect it was, and she's quite hard to please. I can't wait to get our future dohl hanbok!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/04/2018

Jenn · Married on 06/30/2018

The Paebaek with BDK Mint was the highlight of our wedding! It was a pleasure to work with Jessica throughout the planning process- she was very organized and explained the ceremony very clearly for my non-Korean husband. She also provided some great material for us to share with our family members so they knew exactly what to expect on the day.

The day of the wedding- Jessica and her team were amazing! They were extremely flexible with the venue to set-up the Paebaek ceremony decor and very efficient helping us change into our outfits. Jessica explained each step for our guests and kept everyone engaged. All of my guests have been raving about how much they loved the ceremony, and it was one of our favorite parts of the day.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Valera · Married on 12/23/2017

For my wedding, I wanted to have a traditional Korean dress that was still somewhat Western. When I came in, I didn't really know exactly what I wanted, but Jessica and her mother helped me not only to choose the right style but also to customize it to my preferences. Since I live fairly close, I was able to come in for multiple fittings, allowing them to tweak the dress for a great fit. The price is more than reasonable, as I really think this is not just a dress but a work of art. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Hannah · Married on 10/28/2017

The girls at BDK mint made the whole pAebaek experience extremely special for us.. Jessica was SO nice and professional from the very beginning . They came early to set up.. Taught us thoroughly on what will happen during ceremony so we weren't surprised ... during the ceremony they were funny yet so informative about the traditions and meanings of the Korean ceremony. All the guests were SO impressed with our paebaek especially our non Korean guests. This was a highlight of our wedding and I had people asking where we found bdk mint. Choosing bdk mint for our paebaek ceremony was the best decision we made for our wedding ...!!!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Lily · Married on 10/28/2017

Jessica and team from BDK Mint was a complete dream. We were going back and forth about having a paebaek ceremony but we are so happy that we decided to do it. Not only was the ceremony entertaining, it was one of the highlights of the entire day. Our guests were so excited to have been a part of it and loved seeing the traditional bowing (while being able to understand since it was translated from Korean to English). The only downfall is that our parents now think we're going to have 25 kids...and we're held accountable by all of our guests. In all seriousness, I would recommend BDK to anyone thinking about having the ceremony and/or getting their hanboks custom made!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Katie · Married on 09/09/2017

One of the absolute best parts of our wedding was Paebaek with Bdk mint. My mother-in-law wanted a Paebaek ceremony at our wedding, but as I'm not Korean and have never been to a wedding with this ceremony before I had to approach it by blindly searching for information online. It was so nice when I started communicating with Jessica to have someone who could answer all of my questions in detail. I admit I was probably most concerned with my hair getting messed up with the traditional headpieces, but Jessica assured me they do this all the time and everyone's hair looks exactly the same after. She was right! Jessica and her sister helped me change out of my wedding dress, into the traditional hanbok, and back into my wedding dress for the remainder of the reception and my hair held up perfectly. The ceremony itself was very special and so enjoyable. Everyone couldn't stop talking about it after. I also love the pictures of me and my husband dressed up for Paebaek! If you're considering it, I can't recommend having a Paebaek ceremony enough and definitely recommend using BDK mint! Overall they are so professional, friendly and know what they are doing to pull off a wonderful event.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Justin · Married on 06/25/2017

I am Korean and it was important for me and my family to have a paebaek ceremony incorporated into our wedding and to have it translated into English as well for our wedding guests. My husband and I are currently in LA and got married in NY because of BDK MINT. Their services are unlike any other paebaek places. Jessica and her sister were so approachable, welcoming, and kind - they helped us get dressed, explained what to do to during the ceremony to my husband and me and all the participating family members. Our guests loved the paebaek and they all said they way that Jessica narrated, she seemed like a close family friend. I loved how she translated everything for our guests into English and Korean. This was the favorite part of our wedding ceremony!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/20/2017

I cannot say enough positive things about BDK Mint! Everything was set up beautifully! Jessica was so accommodating and helpful. My husband is Korean, but I am not, and she was able to blend the ceremony with Korean and English explanations. She also helped me translate my korean invitations! I could not have selected a better company to work with - I only wish I could do it all over again with them! I also got my hanbok from BDK Mint and it turned out amazing. I felt cared for each step of the way. They even recommended places to eat when we visited their shop from out of town! I really enjoyed working with the Jessica and her team. Thank you!!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Erica · Married on 03/25/2017

We got married at the Yale club this year and doing the PaeBaek ceremony with BDK MINT was amazing!!! Jessica and her team are fantastic. They were early to set up, helped me transition in and out of my outfits and were so so helpful... it was like I had extra help on my wedding day! Also, during the actual ceremony they made everyone laugh and it was amazing. My husband is not Korean, so I wanted to make sure all of the guests that didn't know what PaeBaek was had a good time and they definitely made sure of that and everyone laughed A LOT!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Do-Hee · Married on 10/30/2016

WOW. If you're considering incorporating paebaek into your wedding, DO IT, and DO IT WITH BDK Mint. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

BDK Mint did an amazing job putting together a paebaek ceremony for our Brooklyn wedding at the DUMBO Loft. My husband and most of our wedding guests are NOT Korean, so we debated whether to have paebaek at all. I thought it might be one too many things we were trying to fit into our wedding day, and I had heard horror stories about "boring" paebaeks, or ceremonies that were lost in translation. I was also planning our NYC wedding while living in San Francisco, stressed out about all the pieces I had to juggle - a true Type A bride. At my mom's insistence though, we decided to explore having paebaek at our wedding.

Long story short, choosing to work with BDK Mint was one of the BEST decisions of our wedding. It was such a special way to share my culture and traditions with our loved ones. Jessica did an amazing job narrating the ceremony in English and Korean and made it educational and enjoyable at the same time. The room was filled with laughter and love.

From initial inquiry, Jessica and her team a pleasure to work with. Jessica was prompt, professional, patient, and friendly and put my mind at ease about everything. She was flexible with our tight timeline and the quirks of a raw loft space and made sure things went smoothly. I knew it was a good sign when our Day-of-Coordinator sung her praises after seeing BDK Mint on our vendor list ;)

The day of, my parents from Seoul and our Korean guests were extremely impressed by Jessica and her team, saying it's the most delightful paebaek they've attended, far better than anything they've attended in Korea. If you know us Koreans, you know we do not throw around compliments easily ;) And our non-Korean guests came up to tell us how much they enjoyed the paebaek throughout the night.

I'm so happy to have worked with BDK Mint. Thank you Jessica and team! You are such gems <3

Sent on 11/01/2016

Monica · Married on 10/15/2016

5 stars does not do BDK MINT justice, and it was my privilege as a micromanaging bride to work with a vendor as responsive, caring and fun to work with as BDK MINT/Jessica. If you have any hesitation whatsoever about using BDK MINT as your paebaek vendor, please give them a call because all it takes is one phone call with Jessica to realize that there simply is NO other paebaek vendor with BDK MINT's professionalism or showmanship.

I had my hesitations about doing paebaek at all. Most of my Korean friends were not doing a paebaek ceremony, and I was not sure whether hiring a vendor from Philly for a paebaek ceremony in NY was smart or efficient. I could not have been more wrong. BDK MINT put on an AMAZING SHOW at my wedding. The majority of the guests at my wedding had no idea what a paebaek was, and Jessica/BDK MINT's set up and English explanations during the ceremony were not only DOWNRIGHT HILARIOUS but also incredibly informative. My husband and I keep talking about how much we learned and how much fun we had during the paebaek ceremony.

BDK MINT's rendition of the paebaek ceremony also served as the best icebreaker for my wedding guests. Our wedding was a black tie affair, and there is no doubt that seeing the bride piggyback the groom and take love shots in rainbow costumes was the perfect way for our guests to loosen up and laugh. I also highly recommend paebaek as a way to make grandparents or close aunt/uncles feel included on your special day. Our facebook/instagram newsfeeds have been blowing up with pictures of our brightly colored outfits, and our friends cannot stop talking about it.

Lastly, in terms of logistics, BDK MINT IS A DREAM. BDK MINT was early and extremely savvy with regards to the tight timeline on our wedding day. Our paebaek order changed at the last minute (because of the groom's parents' requests), and BDK MINT found a way to include the groom's uncle and aunt without running overtime.

BDK MINT/Jessica - THANK YOU <3