47 Reviews for BDK MINT (Bidulki Judan, Inc.)

User Photos
Photos
47 BDK MINT (Bidulki Judan, Inc.) Reviews

For my wedding, I wanted to have a traditional Korean dress that was still somewhat Western. When I came in, I didn't really know exactly what I wanted, but Jessica and her mother helped me not only to choose the right style but also to customize it to my preferences. Since I live fairly close, I was able to come in for multiple fittings, allowing them to tweak the dress for a great fit. The price is more than reasonable, as I really think this is not just a dress but a work of art. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Lera, 12/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

The girls at BDK mint made the whole pAebaek experience extremely special for us.. Jessica was SO nice and professional from the very beginning . They came early to set up.. Taught us thoroughly on what will happen during ceremony so we weren't surprised ... during the ceremony they were funny yet so informative about the traditions and meanings of the Korean ceremony. All the guests were SO impressed with our paebaek especially our non Korean guests. This was a highlight of our wedding and I had people asking where we found bdk mint. Choosing bdk mint for our paebaek ceremony was the best decision we made for our wedding ...!!!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jessica and team from BDK Mint was a complete dream. We were going back and forth about having a paebaek ceremony but we are so happy that we decided to do it. Not only was the ceremony entertaining, it was one of the highlights of the entire day. Our guests were so excited to have been a part of it and loved seeing the traditional bowing (while being able to understand since it was translated from Korean to English). The only downfall is that our parents now think we're going to have 25 kids...and we're held accountable by all of our guests. In all seriousness, I would recommend BDK to anyone thinking about having the ceremony and/or getting their hanboks custom made!

Profile Picture Lily, 10/28/17, 11 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

One of the absolute best parts of our wedding was Paebaek with Bdk mint. My mother-in-law wanted a Paebaek ceremony at our wedding, but as I'm not Korean and have never been to a wedding with this ceremony before I had to approach it by blindly searching for information online. It was so nice when I started communicating with Jessica to have someone who could answer all of my questions in detail. I admit I was probably most concerned with my hair getting messed up with the traditional headpieces, but Jessica assured me they do this all the time and everyone's hair looks exactly the same after. She was right! Jessica and her sister helped me change out of my wedding dress, into the traditional hanbok, and back into my wedding dress for the remainder of the reception and my hair held up perfectly. The ceremony itself was very special and so enjoyable. Everyone couldn't stop talking about it after. I also love the pictures of me and my husband dressed up for Paebaek! If you're considering it, I can't recommend having a Paebaek ceremony enough and definitely recommend using BDK mint! Overall they are so professional, friendly and know what they are doing to pull off a wonderful event.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/9/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I am Korean and it was important for me and my family to have a paebaek ceremony incorporated into our wedding and to have it translated into English as well for our wedding guests. My husband and I are currently in LA and got married in NY because of BDK MINT. Their services are unlike any other paebaek places. Jessica and her sister were so approachable, welcoming, and kind - they helped us get dressed, explained what to do to during the ceremony to my husband and me and all the participating family members. Our guests loved the paebaek and they all said they way that Jessica narrated, she seemed like a close family friend. I loved how she translated everything for our guests into English and Korean. This was the favorite part of our wedding ceremony!

Profile Picture Justin, 6/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I cannot say enough positive things about BDK Mint! Everything was set up beautifully! Jessica was so accommodating and helpful. My husband is Korean, but I am not, and she was able to blend the ceremony with Korean and English explanations. She also helped me translate my korean invitations! I could not have selected a better company to work with - I only wish I could do it all over again with them! I also got my hanbok from BDK Mint and it turned out amazing. I felt cared for each step of the way. They even recommended places to eat when we visited their shop from out of town! I really enjoyed working with the Jessica and her team. Thank you!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We got married at the Yale club this year and doing the PaeBaek ceremony with BDK MINT was amazing!!! Jessica and her team are fantastic. They were early to set up, helped me transition in and out of my outfits and were so so helpful... it was like I had extra help on my wedding day! Also, during the actual ceremony they made everyone laugh and it was amazing. My husband is not Korean, so I wanted to make sure all of the guests that didn't know what PaeBaek was had a good time and they definitely made sure of that and everyone laughed A LOT!

Profile Picture Erica, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

WOW. If you're considering incorporating paebaek into your wedding, DO IT, and DO IT WITH BDK Mint. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

BDK Mint did an amazing job putting together a paebaek ceremony for our Brooklyn wedding at the DUMBO Loft. My husband and most of our wedding guests are NOT Korean, so we debated whether to have paebaek at all. I thought it might be one too many things we were trying to fit into our wedding day, and I had heard horror stories about "boring" paebaeks, or ceremonies that were lost in translation. I was also planning our NYC wedding while living in San Francisco, stressed out about all the pieces I had to juggle - a true Type A bride. At my mom's insistence though, we decided to explore having paebaek at our wedding.

Long story short, choosing to work with BDK Mint was one of the BEST decisions of our wedding. It was such a special way to share my culture and traditions with our loved ones. Jessica did an amazing job narrating the ceremony in English and Korean and made it educational and enjoyable at the same time. The room was filled with laughter and love.

From initial inquiry, Jessica and her team a pleasure to work with. Jessica was prompt, professional, patient, and friendly and put my mind at ease about everything. She was flexible with our tight timeline and the quirks of a raw loft space and made sure things went smoothly. I knew it was a good sign when our Day-of-Coordinator sung her praises after seeing BDK Mint on our vendor list ;)

The day of, my parents from Seoul and our Korean guests were extremely impressed by Jessica and her team, saying it's the most delightful paebaek they've attended, far better than anything they've attended in Korea. If you know us Koreans, you know we do not throw around compliments easily ;) And our non-Korean guests came up to tell us how much they enjoyed the paebaek throughout the night.

I'm so happy to have worked with BDK Mint. Thank you Jessica and team! You are such gems

Profile Picture Do-Hee, 10/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

5 stars does not do BDK MINT justice, and it was my privilege as a micromanaging bride to work with a vendor as responsive, caring and fun to work with as BDK MINT/Jessica. If you have any hesitation whatsoever about using BDK MINT as your paebaek vendor, please give them a call because all it takes is one phone call with Jessica to realize that there simply is NO other paebaek vendor with BDK MINT's professionalism or showmanship.

I had my hesitations about doing paebaek at all. Most of my Korean friends were not doing a paebaek ceremony, and I was not sure whether hiring a vendor from Philly for a paebaek ceremony in NY was smart or efficient. I could not have been more wrong. BDK MINT put on an AMAZING SHOW at my wedding. The majority of the guests at my wedding had no idea what a paebaek was, and Jessica/BDK MINT's set up and English explanations during the ceremony were not only DOWNRIGHT HILARIOUS but also incredibly informative. My husband and I keep talking about how much we learned and how much fun we had during the paebaek ceremony.

BDK MINT's rendition of the paebaek ceremony also served as the best icebreaker for my wedding guests. Our wedding was a black tie affair, and there is no doubt that seeing the bride piggyback the groom and take love shots in rainbow costumes was the perfect way for our guests to loosen up and laugh. I also highly recommend paebaek as a way to make grandparents or close aunt/uncles feel included on your special day. Our facebook/instagram newsfeeds have been blowing up with pictures of our brightly colored outfits, and our friends cannot stop talking about it.

Lastly, in terms of logistics, BDK MINT IS A DREAM. BDK MINT was early and extremely savvy with regards to the tight timeline on our wedding day. Our paebaek order changed at the last minute (because of the groom's parents' requests), and BDK MINT found a way to include the groom's uncle and aunt without running overtime.

BDK MINT/Jessica - THANK YOU

Profile Picture Monica, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Selecting BDK MINT to perform the paebeak service at my wedding this past summer was the easiest decision during the whole wedding planning service. I have been going to BDK MINT to purchase hanbok with my mother since I was about 5 years old. I knew that the quality of the clothing would be beautiful, the service would be kind, and the process would be easy. Jessica walked me through ever step and made sure to explain all the cultural differences and meanings to my husband's family in a much better way than I ever could. While my mother was able to go in by herself to choose her hanbok, I went with both of my mothers-in-law so that they would not feel so out of place in a Korean store. The consultation had both of them giggling with excitement and when we went to pick up their hanbok, they looked absolutely beautiful.

The actual paebeak ceremony during the wedding was a huge success. Almost three months after the wedding I still have people telling me how much fun it was to be able to witness this traditional ceremony. Even though it is normally a private event, I explained to Jessica that I wanted it to be open to all of my guests (if they wanted to witness it) because many of my non-Korean friends expressed interest in how the ceremony would be performed. She had no problems with the idea and emceed the paebeak in both Korean and English for everyone to understand and enjoy. It was truly a wonderful way to incorporate my Korean background. The handmade Paebeak food was beautifully made and delicious as well. While the food is traditionally given to the groom's parents, they offered it to my mother. It was adorable that I had to call Jessica to try and return to her the dishes the paebeak food was packaged in, because my mother insisted that we return the beautiful Korean dishes. Jessica explained to me that the package we purchased included the dishes.

Thank you, BDK and Jessica, for helping us share this experience with all of our friends and family!

Profile Picture Christine, 7/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The team at BDK Mint was phenomenal. They were easy to work with, responsive to emails, and very organized. They also went above and beyond and traveled to my wedding which was 4 hours from the area. They made incorporating a paebaek ceremony into our wedding reception easy and fun. The guests LOVED the paebaek and had so much fun learning about the Korean culture. The sisters spoke in both English and Korean so that all attending guests were accommodated.

Profile Picture Catherine, 7/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

BDK Mint is a fantastic vendor for traditional Korean Paebaek ceremony. Jessica and Liz are extremely attentive, friendly and helpful from the inquiry to the actual day. They are so experienced which helps the event running extremely smoothly. The food was delicious and the traditional dress is gorgeous. The setup is also extremely nice. Our guests like the ceremony very much. I will highly recommend BDK Mint for anyone who wants a traditional korean paebaek ceremony.

Profile Picture Annie, 4/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I rarely give reviews but had to for BDK MINT! My husband and I got married last April and the Paebaek was going to be the first time they were meeting! EVERYONE had such an amazing time at the Paebaek. People still bring up how amazing and beautiful the ceremony was.

The girls are so amazing! Not only were they so helpful, they were very professional, accommodating, and hilarious! They did such an amazing job keeping the mood light! My husbands family had no experience with this kind of stuff so they were obviously nervous. The girls made that go away! The fact that they spoke both Korean and English was immensely helpful and allowed all of our guests to enjoy!

This was truly an amazing and unforgettable event. I couldn't imagine anyone being able to pull it off as well as these girls. Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Jun, 4/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jessica is very kind and was a pleasure to work with. We communicated via email until we met on the day-of, but she was very responsive and even went out of her way to help me find make-up artists and DJs. She is very professional at her job and executed the Paebaek ceremony flawlessly. I was also concerned about putting the "bee-nyuh" through my up-do, because I was afraid it would completely mess up my hair. To my surprise, Jessica knew just where to put the traditional ornament through my up-do and it didn't mess up my hair at all. I was assured by my makeup artist, who knew Jessica personally, that she would take great care of me. BDK mint is the place to go if you live in Philly and want to have your Paebaek at your wedding!

Profile Picture Christine, 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jessica and the bdk mint team were amazing to work with! From the date we booked them for our Pae Baek to the date of our wedding (nearly a year later), they were professional, courteous, and extremely helpful in every way. I had a lot of questions as I had never seen a Pae Baek ceremony in person, but Jessica walked me through everything. Jessica communicated with our on-site coordinator to find the perfect site for the ceremony, and made sure no detail went overlooked. On the day of, even when weather threw a wrench in our plans, she executed Plan B without even a blink and made sure everything went smoothly. She and the soomo explained everything that would happen, helped us dress in the traditional outfits, and even showed us how to bow properly. I was blown away by how fun the ceremony itself was. Jessica narrated the entire thing in both Korean and English, and kept all of our guests engaged and thoroughly entertained. Many have said the Pae Baek was a highlight of the wedding and something they'll never forget! My husband's family, who are Irish, really enjoyed getting to experience some of my family's culture firsthand, and I really treasured getting to share it with them. I would recommend Jessica and bdk mint to anyone looking to have a Pae Baek ceremony as part of their wedding!

Profile Picture Nalynn, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

BDK Mint did a fantastic job preparing for and executing our paebaek (traditional Korean ceremony). They arrived early to the venue, brought everything that was needed for the ceremony (including audio equipment, traditional garb, table, decorations, etc.), set up, hosted the ceremony, and cleaned up everything. Our guests all had a great time and understood the significance of the ceremony with Jessica's great hosting! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture User5540851, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

BDK did an excellent job in hosting our paebek ceremony. The host was bilingual, professional, and did an excellent job entertaining and hosting the event. The staff helped us change into the korean outfits, prepped us on how to bow before going out to the guests, and made the ceremony a very fun part of our wedding. Our guests LOVED this portion of our wedding, and raved about the hosts. The accompanying music was also dramatic which made for a nice entry to the reception. I highly recommend BDK.

Profile Picture Jiye, 9/12/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We did a paebaek during our wedding reception as a nod to my Korean heritage and also as a fun event for our guests to see. From the first email, Jessica was an absolute dream to work with - she responded very quickly, was so incredibly nice, and everything from answering questions to signing the contract to confirming who would be participating in the paebaek was all done with the utmost professionalism. Jessica was so accommodating and flexible (having some family members fly in for the wedding at the last minute), and the ceremony itself was flawless. The soomo helped us get dressed and gave us a quick tutorial on what to do during the ceremony, and everything ran very smoothly. Jessica was also fantastic at announcing and explaining the ceremony to our guests in both Korean and English. I've seen many other paebaek ceremonies at my friends' weddings, but I have to say that bdk|mint probably did the best job in terms of ceremony flow, quality, and professionalism. Absolutely outstanding and highly recommended to anyone wanting to do a paebaek as part of their wedding celebration!

Profile Picture User4563007, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband and I eloped to Thailand and had a private ceremony together. We decided to have a ceremony/reception here with our family/friends when we got back. My husband is not Korean so we decided to replace the vow exchange ceremony with paebaek. It was such a hit with everyone and they cannot stop talking about it. They are stating that it was traditional, yet modern and cool, beautiful and interesting. I am so glad we had the idea of making the ceremony like a cultural experience and incorporating it with paebaek since 95% of our guests have never experienced one. Even the Koreans in my family are raving about it! My husband said it was a live interactive cultural exhibit that was educational, yet still fun.

I have grown so fond of Jessica, I can go on and on in this post just writing about her. She is so attentive, responsive, organized, thorough, sweet, fun and helpful! The Soomo was perfect as well and Jessica’s deliver and narration in Korean/English was perfection. She exceeded our expectations and made all of this possible. I am eternally grateful for her support and dedication to our reception. She has not only worked very hard on our behalf, but also came up with clever solutions or suggestions along the way to facilitate this process. We even bought a hanbok for my nephew last minute from them and they tailored it for me so quickly. It looked amazing on my nephew and he wasn’t able to try it on (if you need hanboks, go to them!).

We are beyond satisfied with BDK and we will always recommend them to everyone. We can’t thank BDK Mint enough for the exceptional customer service and flawless execution during our ceremony. Customer service like this makes clients feel so special and Jessica makes you feel like she really cares about developing long-term relationships that mean more than just throwing another wedding and generating revenue. We thank the BDK mint team from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture Mia, 6/19/15, 1 Review

Profile Picture Mia, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our paebaek ceremony went flawlessly with the help of Jessica and her team. The ceremony was a big hit with family and friends! We highly recommend bdk!

Profile Picture Yunah, 10/11/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our wedding ceremony first and then had to quickly change into korean ceremony because of our time constraint. Jessica and the lady who assisted in the garb change and bowing was great. They were super helpful and considerate. Jessica speaks both languages fluently so she did the translation and moderated the bows. The lady who assisted with the bows was super sweet and professional.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

My husband was adopted from Korea as an infant and raised in Upstate NY. We wanted to honor and incorporate his Korean heritage with the paebaek.

Working with Jessica in the planning process was simple. And their professionalism was outstanding. The ceremony we did during our rehearsal dinner, and it was a treasure. It was well narrated in English, as everyone at our event had never experienced this ceremony before. Many of our groomsmen and friends were also adopted Koreans, and they were so in awe and proud of the Korean culture they originated from.

It was a beautiful and initimate way to start out our wedding weekend with our family.

Profile Picture Chef Andrew and Dr. Rica, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our Paebaek was the highlight of our rehearsal dinner. My husband is adopted from Korea and many of his childhood friends as well. This beautiful ceremony was a wonderful and memorable way for all of us to incorporate his Korean heritage. We were grateful as the ladies travelled to New York and were the greatest of professionals.

Profile Picture Rica, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jessica, her sister and her mom run a stellar business! We've known them for years ever since we were young children and I just knew that when my brother used BDK for their paebaek services last year in NYC, we had to book them for our wedding in August. We just hoped they would come down to DC with their services. And luckily they were more than accommodating to come! My husband is Caucasian and I'm Korean, so we definitely needed the Korean translated into English for both sides of the family to understand what was going on and Jessica nailed it! Her Korean and English is so spot on and this is very difficult to find with other paebaek services. Any questions or concerns we had were always addressed right away. Their paekaek hanbooks were very clean and had lovely colors and the background set up and table and cushions looked fabulous! Even my event coordinator commented that BDK had the most beautiful paebaek outfits he's seen in the 20 years he's been in the wedding business. I special ordered my own hanbook and Jessica's mom did such a wonderful job making it. It looked beautiful - like a watermelon (meaning the colors I chose!) I would definitely recommend this company to fellow Koreans that plan on doing a paebaek in addition to their western ceremony. You won't be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Tina, 8/9/14, 3 Reviews