Bayou Rose Photography Reviews

Bayou Rose Photography 5
Bayou Rose Photography 6
Bayou Rose Photography 7

Erin E. · Getting married on 04/29/2025

Words are not enough to express what a true joy it has been to work with Cyd over the past few years. I first reached out to her in 2016 to schedule an engagement shoot for my fiancé, Christopher, and I. Due to Christopher's demanding work schedule and other unforeseen events, we were unable to finalize a date until the past summer. Cyd was nothing short of patient and extremely accommodating during this lapse in time. We finalized a date and Cyd met us at sunrise to capture the best lighting at the venue we chose in Louisiana. Within just a few moments of working with her, Christopher expressed how laid back she was to work with and fun to be around. This says a lot coming from him and Cyd truly had us grinning from ear to ear the entire session. We decided to ask if she'd be willing to travel to our destination wedding in Texas and of course, she said yes. *Thank the Lord!* Fast forward to the day of our wedding - Cyd arrived to take shots of my bridesmaids and I getting ready. They quickly expressed their thrill of working with her as well. She is SO MUCH FUN to be around and did an exceptional job of getting everyone where they needed to be, and when, to ensure our list of desired photos were taken care of. Later into the evening, she handed me a few polaroid shots of photos she had taken and I thought this was so sweet and thoughtful. She had a blog post of photos available to us online within two days after the event. Just looking through these photos alone - our family and friends, and Christopher and I, completely cried and laughed all over again. Happy tears, of course! I feel like it is easy for anyone to pick up a camera and snap photos, but Cyd goes above and beyond to capture every emotion and moment, big or small. There was not one detail that was missed from our wedding day. We will cherish and look back on our collection of photos forever. Simply put, if you're not booking Bayou Rose Photography to capture your event, you are doing it all wrong.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Hartley Liles · Married on 10/07/2018

Photo ninja

Cyd was nothing short of amazing!!! She did everything I asked of her, she even suggested creating a spreadsheet of any kind of picture we would want and she had it with her on our wedding day & made them happen. The pictures were done in less than a month for me to look at and the quality of them were AMAZING!!! I’d 110% recommend her! She’s reasonably priced and anytime I messaged her she was back with me same day!!! I showed her ideas of photos I had & she did it and MORE. I’ve even started using her for our family photos!! She’s my forever photographer— I like to call her a photo ninja 🥰

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Bayou Rose Photography 8
    Bayou Rose Photography 9
    Bayou Rose Photography 10
  • F

Farah · Married on 09/08/2018

Cyd is absolutely amazing! She made it soooooo easy and fun! I felt so comfortable. And I know that's exactly what every bride and groom want on their special day. We had so much fun together. I just received my gallery, and let me tell you, I was smiling ear to ear looking at our photos. They are beautiful! I am beyond thankful that I found Bayou Rose Photography and will be using it for any future events!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Allison · Married on 03/17/2018

Cyd and her team at Bayou Rose Photography are a superb and easy-going team to work with for any occasion. I originally met her the night my husband proposed, as she was available last minute and for an excellent price. She had our “I said Yes” photos available to us within one week. The same goes for our engagement pictures and my bridals. She had ALL of our wedding photos available to us within 2 weeks of the wedding (which was this past March 2018). She is so talented at what she does and really works around your schedule. I got married at the Old Governor’s Mansion (OGM), which required that I separately attain all vendors our wedding. Some vendors that I used were larger companies that had worked/hosted a function at OGM often or previously. Other vendors I chose were smaller companies but had still worked/performed a function at OGM previously (and so were aware of the rules/regulations of the venue). Even if Cyd had not previously photographed at OGM, she would have been so easy to work with and it would not have caused any issues. Her pricing is right on point and you receive such amazing results in a very quick timeframe. There is no way I will ever use another photographer in this area. The pricing that these larger companies charge is so outrageous and inflated. Cyd and her team are devoted to you and create striking photos that just make you very appreciative you chose her to capture your event!! Love love love me some Cyd and Bayou Rose Photography!

Sent on 04/12/2018
    Bayou Rose Photography 11
    Bayou Rose Photography 12

Jennifer · Married on 02/03/2018

Cyd photographed our engagements, my bridals, and our wedding, all of which came out phenomenal!! She made everything a breeze from beginning to end and really captured everything perfectly. She really listened to what we wanted and gave great suggestions. We will definitely use her for everything in the future and I would highly recommend her for any of your photo needs!!!

Sent on 02/14/2018

April · Married on 11/18/2017

Above and Beyond our expectations! We highly recommend Cyd! All of our sessions were fun yet professional. Our pictures came out amazing. We cant say enough good things about our experience with her. She did our engagement, bridals, and wedding. Looking forward to family session soon! Cyd and her crew are top notch in our book.

Sent on 02/05/2018
    Bayou Rose Photography 13
    Bayou Rose Photography 14

Shaun · Married on 10/28/2017

Cyd is the perfect balance of professionalism and a personal touch. Cyd shot our engagement and wedding photos and both surpassed any expectations we could have had. Every part of her photographs matter. She captures important and beautiful details in all areas of her photos. My wife and I felt so comfortable working with her and she makes everyone look natural. My wife was full with tears of joy as she looked through the wedding photos. We will always recommend Cyd to everyone to photograph the special moments in their lives. Thank you Cyd! You are AMAZING!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Jessica · Married on 04/22/2017

Cyd was recommended to me by a friend, and I'm so glad we went with her to document our wedding! She has a very professional and easy to work with online interface which made going back and forth on quotes/ contracts/ payments/ day of logistics planning documents etc. super easy. We didn't do any engagement photos but we did want to meet her before hand so we weren't meeting for the first time on the wedding day. We got to know each other a little bit ahead of time over coffee one day, and we got a good comfort level with her. Very easy to get along with. She did an excellent job capturing photos of us and our guests. She has a good eye and good instincts on what and who to capture and from what angle. The day of coordinator shared her compliments on Cyd with me as well - she said Cyd was great about coordinating with her which apparently isn't the case with a lot of other photographers. Cyd followed up very quickly after the wedding with a sweet online blog post with some of the best pictures from the wedding, then also super fast turnaround on getting the full portfolio of images. A great value, highly recommended!

Sent on 05/20/2017

I would absolutely recommend Cyd for anyone looking for a wedding photographer! She was so much fun and so easy to work with, and the pictures are gorgeous!! Our wedding was outdoors and a freak storm popped up just in time for the ceremony, but she did such an awesome job capturing every moment and the spirit of our family. (never mind that she was getting drenched!) We had a blast working with her and she did so much to help make everything go smoothly.

Sent on 04/22/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 11/14/2015

Cyd was absolutely amazing! She was absolutely priceless on the day of. She not only takes gorgeous pictures but she is so helpful with little wedding tips here and there that I would have never thought of. The absolute sweetest person and helped to make everyone at ease, especially me because I didn't have to worry about her missing a shot or anything. She captures the best angles and moments. I thought that I would be awkward during my bridals (and at times felt awkward posing!) but she knows what she is doing and does it wonderfully! Absolutely the best photographer ever!!

Sent on 12/12/2015

Alyssa · Married on 11/06/2015

Cyd did an awesome job on our engagements, my bridals, the wedding ceremony, and reception. She captured such special moments with my husband and family that I will be able to look back at for a lifetime. She was always very quick to answer my emails, getting my pictures back to me, and being ready for the day of our pictures. She is energetic and always willing to go the extra mile to give you everything that you want. I loved working with Cyd and I will continue to work with her as my photographer for different events.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Julie · Married on 05/02/2015

Cyd, with Bayou Rose Photography went above and beyond at my wedding. She was wonderful from start to finish. Every tiny question I had she answered, even if it was a question about my timeline. She was up for everything, even a car ride to get my make up done. She captured every moment from getting ready, to my husband deciding he wanted photos on the swing set. Her photos tell the story of our wedding. I am so thrilled we chose Bayou Rose and couldn't imagine anyone better than her. She obviously cares deeply for her clients and goes above and beyond to make everything perfect.

Sent on 05/31/2015

Bethany · Married on 04/25/2015

It was a true joy to have Cyd as our wedding photographer. I was a bit stressed when I contacted her, because our original photography plans fell through; and I was unsure how I would be able to book a photographer "last minute". From the first conversation I had with her, Cyd was extremely reassuring and helpful. In the time leading up to our wedding, she was a great resource in helping me to plan the events of the day. The day of our wedding, Cyd was a pro! She worked through rain, captured the joy of my cousin surprising me, and handled the crowd of our two large families. She captured the *sweetest* moments in our ceremony, and the "couple pictures" she took are amazing! All of the pictures from our day: bridal party, ceremony, families, set up, etc. are wonderful. I especially appreciate how Cyd captured not only the "scenery", but also the emotion of our day. The pictures truly show the memories that were made. And Cyd has a lovely personality, so she is extremely easy to work with! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Rebecca · Married on 04/19/2015

We could not have been happier that we chose Bayou Rose for our wedding photography. The last thing we wanted was to spend half our wedding posing for photographs and wind up looking like a cookie cutter bride and groom. After talking with Cyd, we trusted her to capture all of the unique moments of our wedding with dignity and humor, and she more than surpassed our expectations. She was such a professional, contacting our venue to ensure she had all the necessary paperwork to photograph, and she was exceptionally pleasant and flexible to work with, and was a calm, smiling presence throughout our wedding. Although most of the time we had no idea she was even there, she somehow managed to be everywhere and catch moments of our wedding that I might not otherwise have even remembered or known about. We have hundreds of photographs - many are funny, many are touching, and all of them are lovely, candid, and real. Our only challenge is figuring out which to frame!

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • Jacky

Jacky Lau Shah · Married on 09/27/2014

Simply the best!

Cyd, with Bayou Rose Photography, is simply the best! She has photographed several life milestones for our family- engagement, maternity, birth, and will be photographing our upcoming Christmas family photos. She is talented and professional while also warm and hilarious. She has an artistic eye and storytelling style that is very unique and lovely. Cyd was flexible with our shot requests (aka Pinterest) but also gave input from her own experience.

For each of the sessions, she always arrived early and scouted the best spots for us. My husband and I are so grateful that Cyd offered help with posing when needed but also captured great candid shots of us too.

I was really hesitant about getting maternity photos but I’m so glad that we booked a session with Cyd. I asked for engagement photos with a bump and she delivered so many stunning images. It can be pretty awkward posing when 35 weeks pregnant but I had so much fun with Cyd. She really did a great job documenting a special moment in our lives.

For the birth session, Cyd was so comforting to have in the room. Not only did Cyd take care of capturing the memories, but she was there to answer my random questions as she’s been through so many births! She created a beautiful video that we were able to share with our family and friends.

I always go with Cyd whenever I need photos because I love her work, her pricing is fair, and she is very prompt in answering emails and calls. She has a great turnaround time with photos too; you can expect to get your photos soon after the event. I recommend Cyd to all my friends!

Sent on 11/18/2018