Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services Reviews

Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 1
  • JoiWhite

Joi White · Married on 10/19/2018

Outstanding wedding and reception DJ

We were so fortunate to book Bay Area DJ and Karaoke Event Services for our wedding this month at Mavericks Event Center. Joey was so terrific to work with leading up to the event, and incredibly responsive- quickly answering all our questions and preparing a detailed timeline of events. On our wedding day, it was reassuring to have him handling the flow of events, from processional to recessional music, to moving guests over to the reception, announcing our entrance, and first dance. He was very responsive to our guests' requests for songs and for karaoke throughout the evening, too. We received so many compliments on his work, and it was just a pleasure to work with him: he has our highest recommendation.

Kassandra A Townsend · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding with Karaoke!

Joey was the best! We had him come DJ our wedding this past weekend and everyone enjoyed his selections! He also provided karaoke services which was a lot of fun for our guests. Joey was super professional and easy to work with before the wedding. He was also very punctual in his responses which is something I appreciated as a bride sooooo much! I would recommend their services to EVERYONE!

• F

F · Married on 08/18/2018

Choosing Joey Gwynn as the DJ for our 8-18-18 wedding in San Francisco was one of our best decisions! Joey was extremely professional and had a great warm and friendly personality. We first spoke on the phone a couple of months before the wedding, then followed up again one month before the date to deliver the final music list. Joey also is the resident DJ at our local karaoke spot, so we were able to meet in person 2 weeks before the wedding to provide some more details on the songs (I had some exact specifications for song cuts and fade-ins that Joey did perfectly during our big day). With Joey, I felt completely at ease knowing that he would be able to handle all of the music, microphones, and announcements. At our venue (Cliff House at Ocean Beach), there is an outdoor patio where Joey set up for the ceremony. Immediately following the ceremony, he quickly and seamlessly set up the music inside for the cocktail hour and reception. During our open dancing, we let Joey handle the music choices and he did an excellent job in getting everyone out on the dance floor, which is no small feat considering we had a lunchtime reception! I highly recommend Joey for his wedding DJ and karaoke services and I can't thank him enough for his help in making our wedding a wonderful day!

Kayla · Married on 08/03/2018

Joey was the dj for our wedding in San Francisco last month. Joey was awesome! Prior to our event, Joey was responsive to our emails and texts, he helped with our schedule for the wedding night, he made suggestions, and he listened to what we wanted as well. The wedding went so well, the music was great! Definitely would call Joey again for any other event we may have! Thanks Joey!

Anna · Married on 07/07/2018

Joey was incredibly professional and helpful from the first day I called to inquire about services all the way through the reception and tear down. He responded very quickly to any emails/concerns/updates I had, including day of song choice changes. We had a few moments in the reception that required quick thinking and flexibility, and Joey didn't miss a beat. He kept guests engaged and dancing the entire night, and did an amazing job! Would definitely hire again.

Jaime · Married on 06/23/2018

Joey was an awesome DJ! From the first initial contact with him all the way to the end of our wedding, he was easy to connect with and we were pleased with how well the music for our reception went. We gave our music lists but our guests were able to make requests that night which just made it even more fun! Would highly recommend Joey!

Caroline · Married on 06/09/2018

Joey was an excellent DJ for our Palo Alto afternoon wedding reception!

We reached out to Bay Area DJ and Karaoke based on Joey's great Yelp reviews. He was super prompt with replying and getting in touch, and we were able to discuss our expectations before finalizing our contract. He was also ahead of the game in terms of asking us for the information he needed to MC and DJ effectively in the lead up to the wedding (details for reception timeline, preferred songs, etc). At the wedding, he dealt with changes to plans really well and did great with our family and friends, and made the dancing a lot of fun. We didn't do karaoke because we didn't have enough floor space for it, but it would have been fun for our crowd!

Joey is highly recommended! You won't go wrong if you hire him :)

Tracy · Married on 06/02/2018

I had Joey as my DJ at my wedding this past weekend. He did an amazing job as a DJ and an MC! He was very friendly and flexible and played most of the songs on our playlist even the international songs. If I had to do a future event that needed a DJ I would definitely book him again.

Alley · Married on 05/19/2018

Joey was the DJ for our wedding in May. He did a wonderful job!
    Whenever we had questions and reached him by email or phone, he always replied us in a timely manner and was very patient to answer our questions one by one. With his help, we managed to find the perfect version of the song that we wanted to perform at our wedding. As a professional DJ, he also gave us some quite useful advice on song selection when we were running out ideas.
    Joey was very reliable. On the wedding day, he arrived early and played most of the songs we wanted on the list. It went pretty smoothly and every one had a great time. Besides, he was honest with his service. Our wedding ended earlier than scheduled time and Joey chose to charge us according to the actual time length of the wedding although it was less than the time length we discussed before. Thank you Joey for your incredible service!

• F

Frances · Married on 05/10/2018

Joey was the consummate professional, such a pleasure to work with and incredibly skilled at his job. He was there setting up for our reception before we even arrived, he has a great song list/inventory (we hired him for both dj and karaoke), and he was so patient with and respectful to all our guests! The sound was spot-on, too, and everyone had a terrific time. I am a huge fan and will certainly be booking him for other events in the future.

Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 2

Bailey · Married on 03/31/2018

I was very lucky to find Joey through Yelp. Not only does he provide a very competetive rate compared to other DJ vendors, he’s probably the most professional wedding vendor I worked with. I’m pretty much a control freak and curated pretty much most of the music and Joey was so accommodating. He’s very organized and responds in a timely manner. During the event, he executed everything according to schedule, changed location of his equipment twice, and handled a difficult guest with professionalism. He MC’s perfectly and had the guests dancing all night. I’m particular about details, value, and professionalism and FUN and Joey’s service does not fail to deliver. I’ll recommend his services to everyone.

Bryan · Married on 03/03/2018

Joey was a fantastic DJ for our wedding! We had A LOT of songs that we wanted to hear, and Joey made every effort to accommodate us. He brought blue uplighting and a disco ball as well that really made the room where we had our reception even more special. I am so happy that we chose to use Joey, and would recommend him to anyone!

Matthew · Married on 11/04/2017

Joey was kind enough to be a part of our wedding. My wife and I were completely burnt out by the time we even considered hiring a DJ. We took a recommendation for Joey from my sister, and I have to say it was one of the easiest things to figure out about the whole wedding. We didn't want to put together a giant set list, but at the same time we wanted all of our favorite songs played. If you're paying attention, that's basically impossible to satisfy. Joey, however, just asked that we pick out ten songs we liked and he would take it from there. As such, he totally nailed the tone we wanted for our wedding. The dance floor was full the entire night! People were asking for more and he was kind enough to stay extra for our guests. We highly recommend him to anyone interested in having a fun and stress free DJ experience.

Jeri · Married on 08/12/2017

Unlike most of my wedding vendors, Joey was always very responsive. He guided through the process of putting together a great music layout. Our guest complimented us on our music choices . Joey didn't try to take over and dismiss our ideas like some vendors. Thank you Joey and Bay Area DJ/Karaoke
    From
    The Whites

Emelda · Married on 04/21/2017

I hired Joey to DJ my brother's wedding. As usual, not everything will happen according to the exact plan or itinerary. The guests were late, part of the bridal party was late and the bride herself was 30 minutes late. So we were at least 1 1/2 hour behind schedule. Luckily, it was an outdoor wedding and not a church where you had to be on a strict schedule. I was already stressed and overwhelmed. Joey was awesome because everything that needed to happen, he made sure happened. He guided me through it all. As the night went on, he made suggestions to give the party a nice flow and get everyone involved. Not only did he DJ, he MC'd. He did the introductions and made announcements as needed. We had a great time! My new sister-in-law is very happy and grateful, I found Joey. Joey is amazing! I will definitely hire him again if I have another event!

Adrianne · Married on 04/01/2017

I highly recommend Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services. Joey is very professional and personable. He played just the right music at the right time and really read our crowd well. He helped me figure out a good flow of events and what I wanted to include and didn't as part of our reception. His services are an incredible value as well.

Trieu · Married on 02/11/2017

I contacted Joey Gwyn a few weeks before my wedding via Yelp. He reached out to me within hours and sent me a quote shortly thereafter. He contacted my coordinator to arrange for drop off. He emailed and called me and my coordinator a few times, knowing that I would need a first-dance song, and some mood music for cake-cutting. I called him back a day before the wedding, asked him to work an extra hour, and was yelling in the phone "oh my god! oh my god!" because the SUV I was in was rolling backwards down a hill - my bridesmaid didn't put the car in park - this is a true story! Anyway, Joey not only patiently waited until I stopped screaming, but continued to pry the first-song out of me, got off the phone and re-arranged his schedule for the night, and engaged all my guests in so much fun, we almost forgot to cut the cake because of all the singing and dancing! Thank you Joey, for making my reception so fun!!!!! Everyone loved it!

Charlene · Married on 10/31/2016

This guy is great...He was really entertaining and announced when we wre suppose to have dinner, then cut the cake, the first dance with the bride and groom, etc.....We gave him a list and he played all the songs plus some "old timey" stuff for
    the oldsters,,,,His prices were very reasonable because we checked around for a month or so b4 we hired him....A plus was he also had the uplighting for the reception area which added alot to the atmosphere.....

Mattie · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I had no idea what we were doing with all this wedding stuff and Joey was amazing with helping us plan out our day! He helped us organize the times of certain events and explained to us how long certain things should go and the order that events usually happen. He was very helpful leading up to our wedding day with last minute emails to just check in and responded right away to any questions I had as well. On the day of our wedding we didn't have a wedding planner and he did amazing! He only asked me two questions the whole entire night and announced things on time, and if things weren't going exactly as planned he was very relaxed and would shift the time of events as needed. Joey also let me make a list of all the songs I wanted and he had no problem playing each of them, he is a great dj and helped us much more than I thought a dj ever could! Thank you for an amazing day joey!

Camila · Married on 07/29/2016

Joey was such an amazing DJ. We wanted our wedding to be so fun and he was exactly what we were looking for, we was very profesional, even asking for a timeline of when things were going to be done! He was extremely flexable with the karaoke service, and the songs that we were able to have just the best night! He set up an amazing disco ball! Who doesn't love that? Over all I would give hime 6/5 if I could he went above and beyond to make sure we had awesome wedding music.

Gabriel · Married on 04/09/2016

Joey was great, we had a blast with his Karaoke set up and he did a very professional job for us MC'n our reception. Worth every penny and made our reception a memorable one!

Meryl · Married on 02/13/2016

DJ Joey Gwynn was AMAZING!! We wanted a Karaoke dance party for our wedding and had a hard time finding a DJ who could do both (and was within our budget). A month before the big day when a good friend that I ran into suggested Joey. We couldn't be more excited that he was available for our date at such short notice and that he does Karaoke as well. We had a wedding of about 100 guests and had a pretty good mix of ages. He went above and beyond our expectations. He was very approachable, professional, reliable and quick to respond to inquiries and my multitude of frantic bride emails. He acted as our MC during the reception and he played music that we actually liked and wanted to dance to. He was very receptive to our requests and played what we asked him to and even surprised us with a few we didn't think of. I feel like he really knew how to work our crowd. What made it for me was how flexible he was with our last minute changes and how fun he made our wedding. I've been to a lot of weddings where the dance floor was empty but that definitely was not the case at ours! EVERYONE danced from the 2 year old toddler to my 75 year old Grand Aunt.
    True story: My husband & I recently attended the wedding of one of our guests. They pulled us aside and kept talking about how no one was dancing, our wedding music was better at our wedding and they regret not hiring Joey after their DJ played the same song thrice. Don't make the same mistake they did. I'm glad we hired him for our wedding and will definitely recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ for their events.

Ariel · Married on 07/09/2017

We're very pleased with the service from Bay Area DJ & Karaoke. Joey responded quickly to our many emails, and kept track of all the information we gave him. On the wedding day, he kept the music running smoothly, and made the announcements we gave him. We had a pretty complicated wedding reception schedule, with an a cappella performance and karaoke, and Joey helped us make everything work. Thanks!