Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services Reviews

Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 4
Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 5

Jessica Pollack · Married on 09/01/2019

Great services

Everyone who attended told us how great a job Joey did. He sent us a lot of song options which was very helpful and the song transitions were seamless. We’re overall very happy we went with this company. Joey did a great job!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Rhonda Montgomery · Married on 08/24/2019

We had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend using this DJ service!

This was our best find for our daughter’s wedding reception! Joey was professional and fun.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Tori W · Married on 07/13/2019

Everyone had a great time

My husband and I used Joey as a DJ at our recent wedding and he did a fantastic job. He compiled a great playlist based on our preferences and requests and really helped the evening flow smoothly.

Sent on 07/26/2019

Danielle Toister · Married on 06/02/2019

Book Joey! Wedding planning is stressful.. he makes it easier.

I really enjoyed working with Joey. He kept things simple for me and always maintained a relaxed composure. He sent me a helpful itinerary (which guided me when determining my wedding reception timeline).. this document was a HUGE help!! During the typical stress of wedding planning, he removed a lot of pressure from me by coming up with the entire playlist with very little feedback from me. I just gave him a few songs we liked, to give him an idea of our song preferences, and he came up with a fun dance mix. We also did a combo of dance music and karaoke... and the karaoke was a huge hit!! Afterwards, my guests commented how fun and refreshing it was to have karaoke. I really recommend this dance/ karaoke combo! Joey maintained excellent communication and didn't clog up my inbox with unnecessary emails. I'll book him again if I ever throw another big party!

Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 6
    Sent on 07/10/2019

Meredith Miner · Married on 05/18/2019

Great DJ Services

It was very easy to work with Joey leading up to our wedding. He was professional, easy to communicate with, and made sure we were all on the same page. Unfortunately it rained all day for our outdoor wedding, but Joey rolled with the punches, moved his set up several times, and everything still went off without a hitch. He played all the songs we sent him ahead of time, and worked with the band to make sure the transitions were seamless. He was also our MC for night, and worked with the day of coordinator to make sure announcements were going out at the right times and that any changes to the timeline were accounted for. I would definitely recommend him for any wedding or event!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Ryan Miner · Married on 05/18/2019

A well qualified and profesional over here

We were extremely pleased with how amazing Joey was right off the bat. He was very organized and accommodating to which made planning with him, a pleasure. Time of the wedding, he was a stud. We had issues with weather but that didn't seem to bother him what-so-ever. He rolled with the obstacles and maintained professionalism right to the end. We hope to have future events where we could use his professional services once again.

Sent on 07/02/2019

Mike Humphreys · Married on 04/27/2019

Absolutely perfect experience

Working with Joey was a breeze. He is very easy going and very professional. The song selection for our wedding was perfect, we couldn’t have asked for anything better. During the ceremony, he easily worked together with us and the pastor and provided the perfect volume level for the outdoor ceremony. We had quite a few of our attendees utilize the karaoke service which was a lot of fun! Not only are these great DJ services for the price, they are great DJ services regardless of the price. I would highly recommend Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services to anyone in need of a DJ. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/23/2019

Angela Humphreys · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing! Best DJ in town!

We hired Joey (Bay Area DJ & Karaoke) to spin our wedding and ceremony this past April. He was incredible responsive to all of our emails and really honed in on needs and requests. I (the Bride) even emailed him some last minute changes the night before the big event and he replied a couple hours later! Joey was also very good at politely corralling our wedding party and guests to help move stuff along like speeches, dinner, first dances, etc. Lastly, Joey had a really great, calm attitude. He put my husband and I at ease the whole time.

For the excellent service we received, the price was incredibly hard to beat. Services cost us a total of $1100 for a wedding from noon to 9pm.

If you’re planning an event and need a DJ - you NEED to hire this team. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Kamille · Married on 02/16/2019

Joey is the best!

Joey did an amazing job DJ'ing our wedding in San Gregorio CA on 2/16/19! He was extremely easy to contact and talk to prior to the wedding. With us moving out of the state (after planning the wedding) I was really happy with how easy Joey was with talking and being open to what seemed like my million changes to the music for the wedding.

He kept us on time, without being controlling, he just wanted to make sure that we enjoyed ourselves and had a good time. He played all the country songs that we loved and was really great at keeping the guests dancing and happy.

I would highly highly recommend him! Not only was he an awesome DJ but he was a HUGE sport about having to push his equipment across this really large grassy area that was basically straight mud.. and never complained! He made sure we had everything we needed in case it rained and had a backup plan. He was great, we could not have had a better DJ! Thanks Joey!

Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 7
    Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 8
    Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 9
    Sent on 03/08/2019

Sam · Married on 02/02/2019

Dependable and professional

They were very flexible with all our dj needs and knew what they were doing which made it easy and fun for the ceremony and reception!

Sent on 02/14/2019
  • JoiWhite

Joi White · Married on 10/19/2018

Outstanding wedding and reception DJ

We were so fortunate to book Bay Area DJ and Karaoke Event Services for our wedding this month at Mavericks Event Center. Joey was so terrific to work with leading up to the event, and incredibly responsive- quickly answering all our questions and preparing a detailed timeline of events. On our wedding day, it was reassuring to have him handling the flow of events, from processional to recessional music, to moving guests over to the reception, announcing our entrance, and first dance. He was very responsive to our guests' requests for songs and for karaoke throughout the evening, too. We received so many compliments on his work, and it was just a pleasure to work with him: he has our highest recommendation.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Kassandra A Townsend · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding with Karaoke!

Joey was the best! We had him come DJ our wedding this past weekend and everyone enjoyed his selections! He also provided karaoke services which was a lot of fun for our guests. Joey was super professional and easy to work with before the wedding. He was also very punctual in his responses which is something I appreciated as a bride sooooo much! I would recommend their services to EVERYONE!

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • F

F · Married on 08/18/2018

Choosing Joey Gwynn as the DJ for our 8-18-18 wedding in San Francisco was one of our best decisions! Joey was extremely professional and had a great warm and friendly personality. We first spoke on the phone a couple of months before the wedding, then followed up again one month before the date to deliver the final music list. Joey also is the resident DJ at our local karaoke spot, so we were able to meet in person 2 weeks before the wedding to provide some more details on the songs (I had some exact specifications for song cuts and fade-ins that Joey did perfectly during our big day). With Joey, I felt completely at ease knowing that he would be able to handle all of the music, microphones, and announcements. At our venue (Cliff House at Ocean Beach), there is an outdoor patio where Joey set up for the ceremony. Immediately following the ceremony, he quickly and seamlessly set up the music inside for the cocktail hour and reception. During our open dancing, we let Joey handle the music choices and he did an excellent job in getting everyone out on the dance floor, which is no small feat considering we had a lunchtime reception! I highly recommend Joey for his wedding DJ and karaoke services and I can't thank him enough for his help in making our wedding a wonderful day!

Sent on 09/08/2018

Kayla · Married on 08/03/2018

Joey was the dj for our wedding in San Francisco last month. Joey was awesome! Prior to our event, Joey was responsive to our emails and texts, he helped with our schedule for the wedding night, he made suggestions, and he listened to what we wanted as well. The wedding went so well, the music was great! Definitely would call Joey again for any other event we may have! Thanks Joey!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Anna · Married on 07/07/2018

Joey was incredibly professional and helpful from the first day I called to inquire about services all the way through the reception and tear down. He responded very quickly to any emails/concerns/updates I had, including day of song choice changes. We had a few moments in the reception that required quick thinking and flexibility, and Joey didn't miss a beat. He kept guests engaged and dancing the entire night, and did an amazing job! Would definitely hire again.

Sent on 07/14/2018

Jaime · Married on 06/23/2018

Joey was an awesome DJ! From the first initial contact with him all the way to the end of our wedding, he was easy to connect with and we were pleased with how well the music for our reception went. We gave our music lists but our guests were able to make requests that night which just made it even more fun! Would highly recommend Joey!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Caroline · Married on 06/09/2018

Joey was an excellent DJ for our Palo Alto afternoon wedding reception!

We reached out to Bay Area DJ and Karaoke based on Joey's great Yelp reviews. He was super prompt with replying and getting in touch, and we were able to discuss our expectations before finalizing our contract. He was also ahead of the game in terms of asking us for the information he needed to MC and DJ effectively in the lead up to the wedding (details for reception timeline, preferred songs, etc). At the wedding, he dealt with changes to plans really well and did great with our family and friends, and made the dancing a lot of fun. We didn't do karaoke because we didn't have enough floor space for it, but it would have been fun for our crowd!

Joey is highly recommended! You won't go wrong if you hire him :)

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 06/02/2018

I had Joey as my DJ at my wedding this past weekend. He did an amazing job as a DJ and an MC! He was very friendly and flexible and played most of the songs on our playlist even the international songs. If I had to do a future event that needed a DJ I would definitely book him again.

Sent on 06/04/2018

Alley · Married on 05/19/2018

Joey was the DJ for our wedding in May. He did a wonderful job!
    Whenever we had questions and reached him by email or phone, he always replied us in a timely manner and was very patient to answer our questions one by one. With his help, we managed to find the perfect version of the song that we wanted to perform at our wedding. As a professional DJ, he also gave us some quite useful advice on song selection when we were running out ideas.
    Joey was very reliable. On the wedding day, he arrived early and played most of the songs we wanted on the list. It went pretty smoothly and every one had a great time. Besides, he was honest with his service. Our wedding ended earlier than scheduled time and Joey chose to charge us according to the actual time length of the wedding although it was less than the time length we discussed before. Thank you Joey for your incredible service!

Sent on 06/21/2018
  • F

Frances · Married on 05/10/2018

Joey was the consummate professional, such a pleasure to work with and incredibly skilled at his job. He was there setting up for our reception before we even arrived, he has a great song list/inventory (we hired him for both dj and karaoke), and he was so patient with and respectful to all our guests! The sound was spot-on, too, and everyone had a terrific time. I am a huge fan and will certainly be booking him for other events in the future.

Bay Area DJ & Karaoke Event Services 10
    Sent on 06/09/2018

Bailey · Married on 03/31/2018

I was very lucky to find Joey through Yelp. Not only does he provide a very competetive rate compared to other DJ vendors, he’s probably the most professional wedding vendor I worked with. I’m pretty much a control freak and curated pretty much most of the music and Joey was so accommodating. He’s very organized and responds in a timely manner. During the event, he executed everything according to schedule, changed location of his equipment twice, and handled a difficult guest with professionalism. He MC’s perfectly and had the guests dancing all night. I’m particular about details, value, and professionalism and FUN and Joey’s service does not fail to deliver. I’ll recommend his services to everyone.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Bryan · Married on 03/03/2018

Joey was a fantastic DJ for our wedding! We had A LOT of songs that we wanted to hear, and Joey made every effort to accommodate us. He brought blue uplighting and a disco ball as well that really made the room where we had our reception even more special. I am so happy that we chose to use Joey, and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 03/04/2018

Matthew · Married on 11/04/2017

Joey was kind enough to be a part of our wedding. My wife and I were completely burnt out by the time we even considered hiring a DJ. We took a recommendation for Joey from my sister, and I have to say it was one of the easiest things to figure out about the whole wedding. We didn't want to put together a giant set list, but at the same time we wanted all of our favorite songs played. If you're paying attention, that's basically impossible to satisfy. Joey, however, just asked that we pick out ten songs we liked and he would take it from there. As such, he totally nailed the tone we wanted for our wedding. The dance floor was full the entire night! People were asking for more and he was kind enough to stay extra for our guests. We highly recommend him to anyone interested in having a fun and stress free DJ experience.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Jeri · Married on 08/12/2017

Unlike most of my wedding vendors, Joey was always very responsive. He guided through the process of putting together a great music layout. Our guest complimented us on our music choices . Joey didn't try to take over and dismiss our ideas like some vendors. Thank you Joey and Bay Area DJ/Karaoke
    From
    The Whites

Sent on 09/02/2017

Emelda · Married on 04/21/2017

I hired Joey to DJ my brother's wedding. As usual, not everything will happen according to the exact plan or itinerary. The guests were late, part of the bridal party was late and the bride herself was 30 minutes late. So we were at least 1 1/2 hour behind schedule. Luckily, it was an outdoor wedding and not a church where you had to be on a strict schedule. I was already stressed and overwhelmed. Joey was awesome because everything that needed to happen, he made sure happened. He guided me through it all. As the night went on, he made suggestions to give the party a nice flow and get everyone involved. Not only did he DJ, he MC'd. He did the introductions and made announcements as needed. We had a great time! My new sister-in-law is very happy and grateful, I found Joey. Joey is amazing! I will definitely hire him again if I have another event!

Sent on 04/30/2017