Bass Performance Hall Reviews

29 | Fort Worth, TX

29 Reviews for Bass Performance Hall

Kathy · Married on 06/22/2013

Working with Alexa was amazing. She made the wedding planning fun and interesting. She kept me calm the whole time and was very encouraging. I enjoyed working with her and would definitely recommend her to anyone. The day of the wedding she was there to make sure things went smoothly and they did. The Van Cliburn room and McDavid room was set up the way we talked about. She was very professional at all times even when I was get nervous, she was there to calm me down and assure me everything will be okay and it was. Great venue, the halls were beautiful I couldn't ask for better.

Sent on 07/03/2013

Erin · Married on 10/20/2012

We hosted our wedding reception in the McDavid Studio at the Maddox Muse Center of Bass Performance Hall. Alexa Bryant (Event Coordinator for Bass) and the McDavid Studio staff did an AMAZING job!!! We absolutely loved our reception room. Alexa and Bass were very easy to work with--totally professional in every way. They were flexible and accommodating with our requests (for seating arrangements, certain types of wine, decorations, etc.). We would HIGHLY recommend the lighting package offered for McDavid Studio. We chose to light the room in an amber color for our October reception--it was BEAUTIFUL and completely transformed the room. We also placed lit votives in the window panes, and it made for a gorgeous room. The staff was promptly responsive to every need. Multiple guests mentioned how plentiful the choices were at the bar, and the bartenders were highly efficient and professional. If you're looking for a place to host a large reception in the heart of downtown Fort Worth that is not your average boring hotel banquet room, McDavid Studio is your place! Their professional staff will work with you to make your event one to remember!

Sent on 11/13/2012

Erin · Married on 10/13/2012

Amazing venue for the price. No complaints, pictures are fabulous and I loved the staff. Alexa Bryant was wonderful and accomodating, even when the scary parentals started pestering her about line items, she kept her cool and was completely professional.

Sent on 04/08/2013

Rosaland and Jay · Married on 10/22/2011

This is such a beautiful place to get married! We had the ceremony in Van Cliburn and the reception in McDavid Studio. The wood floors are undeniably gorgeous and there is so much that you can do as far as decorations with the rooms. However, the venue is so gorgeous that it can stand on its own if you choose not to add many decorations.
    We worked with Theresa who was absolutely fantastic to work with. She bent over backwards to make sure that the details of my day were to my liking, and promptly responded to my many emails and voicemails. She was truly a breath of fresh air and it was such a pleasure to work with her.
    My guests are still talking about how beautiful the wedding was. I recommend Bass hall to anyone looking for a modern, elegant and sophisticated venue.

Sent on 11/16/2011

Meghan · Married on 07/23/2011

Bass Performance Hall is a beautiful venue in Fort Worth and the staff made it the perfect place for my special day. Everything from the initial meeting until the final send off went perfectly. The staff responded to all of my requests and questions promptly and were wonderful to work with. The production staff also did an amazing job with the colored lighting I requested, which made the place look even more amazing! I priced out a lot of places in the area, and for the quality and size of the space, Bass Performance Hall offers a lot of value for the price. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a classic venue and a worry-free day! I loved it!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Kristen · Married on 07/10/2011

Honestly, I can't say one bad thing about them. They were beyond helpful and patient. We even accidentally underpaid on our last deadline and they let us pay the day of (which according to the contract, we could have been dropped). They did everything we wanted and more. Aside from the simple reality that the place is GORGEOUS, they made the experience amazing as well. The price is hard to beat too! We didn't find out until after the honeymoon, but they even sent us home with a wedding gift. I have never heard of a venue doing that so I gotta say, it was pretty darn cool

Sent on 07/26/2011

Everything turned out beautifully and was exactly as we had both imagined. I can't imagine having my wedding and reception anywhere else!

Sent on 07/07/2012

Cara · Married on 06/11/2011

Beautiful venue, everyone was wonderful to work with, they were very accommodating with the small details, and I thought they were reasonably priced for the services they offered. James, Dee, Gene and Teresa were the best to work with! Best reception venue in Fort Worth....hands down!

Sent on 06/12/2011

Cara · Married on 06/11/2011

Best venue in Fort Worth. The staff is amazing to work with. You won't regret going with Bass Hall!

Sent on 12/13/2011

Ashley · Married on 05/30/2010

I LOVED everything about this venue! The people there (James is who we primarily worked with) are very nice and accommodating! They provide your tables and chairs and set them up for you. The chairs are nice white garden chairs, so you don't need chair covers like at some places. I definitely recommend Bass Hall to anyone looking for a venue!

Sent on 06/06/2010
  • Y

Kathy · Married on 12/05/2009

We rented the Van Cliburn Hall for our reception. Throughout the initial consultations, meetings, emails, phone calls etc, the team was extremely flexible, professional & timely. Not one problem occurred - highly recommend this beautiful room & fab team!!

Sent on 02/02/2010

Olivia · Married on 07/26/2009

It was a beautiful venue for both ceremony and reception. I almost did not need to have much decoration, as the interior spoke for itself. The staff was always willing to help us and I was able to have the wedding beyond my dreams.

Sent on 09/08/2009

Dege · Married on 07/14/2007

We had a great experience in the McDavid Studio for my daughter's wedding reception.

Sent on 09/23/2009
  • Taylor

Taylor · Married on 01/16/2016

I am currently planning my wedding in the Maddox-Muse Center across from Bass Hall and could not be more ecstatic! Not only is it a unique and beautiful venue but it provides for all kinds of creativity in decorating and allow for awesome views of downtown Fort Worth! I could not be happier with the service I've been provided and am just ready for my big day!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Tiffany · Married on 08/08/2015

This venue gives you a WOW factor and gives you an opportunity to feels like stars the night of your big day! You are given the option to exchange your vows on stage and surprise your guests by holding the reception on stage too (revealed once the curtains open). Haven, the event manager, is extremely helpful and assists you with anything you may need within the planning process.

Sent on 02/20/2015

We used Van Cliburn Recital hall and it was a gorgeous venue for a wedding reception! The added bonus of taking bridal portraits at Bass Hall and getting a couple picture on the balcony was fabulous.

Sent on 12/08/2014
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/05/2013

We had our reception at the McDavid Studio. This room is absolutely gorgeous when the sun has gone down and the back lighting is up. The only complaint I have about the space is the price for the back lighting. It really is what makes the space but it is an additional price. If you are willing to spend the dough (like we did), it is well worth it. Just plan accordingly. Oh and if you have a chance to work with Alexa, you will have nothing to worry about. She is very easy to get a hold of and more than willing to answer any questions you may have.

Sent on 11/06/2013
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 07/16/2011

The space here is absolutely beautiful if you're going for a clean, modern wedding. We loved how much of a "blank slate" the spaces are, so any decor could go with it. The hard wood floors are lovely, and it was nice to not have to plan around hideous hotel ballroom carpet.

My wedding ended up being during a transition period between special events managers, so there was a tiny bit of confusion, but in the end everything worked out. The staff was very helpful during the wedding and helped us pack up vases (etc) that needed to be returned to vendors.

I gave them a 4.0 for flexibility because there are a LOT of rules to follow for using the space, since it is primarily used for FWSO rehearsals and concerts. Most of the rules seemed very reasonable to me (no uncontained open flame, no real flower petals on the floors, etc), but on our wedding day they put up a small stink about bringing in outside wine for the wine unity ceremony. It ended up working out just fine, but if you're a bride who thinks rules don't apply to you, you'll be frustrated here.

Overall I had a beautiful wedding here and I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/31/2011

Allison · Married on 03/13/2010

I used this venue for my wedding reception and it was absolutely gorgeous! The windows make the space look huge, and when it is decorated, it looks incredible!

Sent on 03/24/2010

Tamesha · Married on 12/13/2009

The Bass Hall was the most beautiful, elegant, romantic, ....overall PERFECT place to have our wedding and reception. Our ceremony was in the Van Cliburn recital hall and our reception was hosted in the McDavid Studio. The staff were extremely professional and responsivie to everyone of our needs; they made our wedding day perfect and treated us like royalty. Our guests were blown away by the elegance and the mood of the venue.

The only downfall, I agree, were the restrictions (ex. only artifical flowers on the floor, no open candles) and the additional costs (ex. lighting packages, rehearsal fee, staging costs, bar costs). However, the cons could never over rule the pros! This is the BEST and ONLY place a couple in Fort Worth should get married!!! We HIGHLY recommended it!!!!

Sent on 12/29/2009

Chelsea · Married on 12/20/2008

AMAZING!! It was beautiful! They let me do whatever I wanted and they helped out decorating too. Very good price!

Sent on 04/16/2009

JENNIFER · Married on 03/10/2006

PROS -
    • Easy to reach either event coordinator (Julie Curtis & Samantha McNeal) via phone or email.
    • Prompt return of phone messages and email messages.
    • Very informative concerning all questions posed by family and friends that wanted to see the space.
    • Open to all visitations in wanting to view the spaces (Mezzanine Lobby & Green/Richardson Rooms).
    • Very organized.
    • Gave us pictures of both spaces that we were renting.
    • During our initial meeting, outlined the details of each package and all extras to be included or not included (ie. bar, alcohol served, sound systems, etc.)
    • Offered to have balcony of Mezzanine Lobby floor unlocked for pictures.
    • All details the day of were taken care of the previuos nite, ie. chairs, tables, etc.
    • Package included insurance for guest liability (ie. slippage on flooring, etc.)
    • Guests were able to check coats with staff.
    • Guests were escorted to correct areas by provided ushers.
    • Event coordinator provided bride with mobile number for easy contact.
    • All vendors were allowed to set-up hours before the actual event.
    • Catering staff was provided with a mock kitchen, including a refrigerator, counter space & ice-machine.
    • Wedding event closed off to the public other than invited guests, public doors locked to prevent party crashers.
    • Bride, MOH, MOB, etc., were provided a changing room over at Maddox-Muse; this room was locked & only available to bride and her wedding party.
    • Changing room was provided the nite before to harbor favors, confetti-sticks, programs, makeup, etc., for safe-keeping.

CONS -
    • Restrictions on bubble usage.
    • Disappointed that the wedding party was forced to park over in the parking garage rather than the parking spaces provided by Bass Hall.
    • No offer of linens.
    • Charged clean-up fee for biodegradable confetti, due to evening Riverdance performance.

OVERALL -
    The gals over at Bass Hall (Julie Curtis & Samantha McNeal) were a dream to deal with. They promptly answered all of my questions via email (it was the best way in contacting either one of them), however as the date got closer I did run into difficulty in gaining contact with Samantha, as we she wasn't returning my phone calls or emails. In the end, I felt like a heel in learning that a family member had passed away & she was away from her office in attendance at their funeral. In the end, she gave me her mobile number, so that I could relax in contacting her directly in order to ask frivolous (but what seemed important at the time) questions about the set-up for the ceremony & the reception. Both DH & I decided on Bass Hall for it's elegance and style for our wedding. It screams it & all of our guests were excited to be in attendance within it's walls during the ceremony & the reception. During each walk-through (we had multiple, since family members wanted to see the layout of the rooms) both girls were extremely nice & most willing to answer all questions. On out initial meeting, both DH & I were presented the pricing packets in print & online versions. We were also given the option of having a bridal changing room for the girls to change, we were presented with pictures of each space.

Everything was explained during each meeting & in print. It was explained that after all guests had arrived that the doorways into the building were to be looked on the outside, so that uninvited people could not barge in.

Restrictions on candles, bubbles and balloons were explained as well. No candles were to be used unless they were encased/surrounded by glass containers (ie. votives could be used, but not tealights unless in a votive holder). No balloons were allowed, especially mylar, due to the high ceilings. Bubbles were restricted to outside, to minimize slippage on the marble floors & damage to the carpets. We opted for their insurance policy as part of our package, to ensure that if any of our guests slipped or fell they were covered within the building. We also opted not to have alcohol served at our reception function, as we would have been charged through Bass Hall for the alcohol and the bar attendant, plus tip. Instead, we opted to inform our guests that we were meeting after the reception over at the Flying Saucer for further celebratory drinks.

We opted to have our rehearsal the day before, everything was in order & we were allowed to leave items (ie. favors, confetti sticks, programs, etc.) in the bridal changing room over at the Maddox-Muse building.

On the big-day, we were presented with an usher (he was so incredibly nice) that escorted the guests in after all family photos were taken before the ceremony. On the Mezzanine Lobby floor (the ceremony floor) all the cash registers were removed from the bar & replaced with our flowers. All the guests chairs were perfectly layed out in rows with the pew-flowers in place. The harpist player was situated on the 5th floor (the floor above the Mezz floor) beautifully playing away.

All tables for the reception were placed out in the Green/Richardson Rooms, both for guests, favors & signing mat, and for the buffet.

After the reception concluded, all guests were escorted downstairs for the bouquet & garter tossing & the final grand exit complete with confetti toss. I was mildly amused with Bass Hall's policy on confetti cleanup with which we had to pay an extra $100 via Cashier's Check. But the confetti sticks were not only fun for us, but our guest had a good time tossing red & black confetti everywhere.

Overall, I was really really happy that we decided on Bass Hall for our venue. It was truly an experience & their staff is truly a dream to work with.

Sent on 05/29/2008

Our wedding ceremony and reception were both held at the Bass Performance Hall Maddox Muse Center in the VanCliburn/McDavid Studios with canteen used as well. The coordinator, Alexa, was very professional, responsive, and accommodating. The venue is quite expensive and each added item, lighting, sound, bartenders and bar set up, etc is an added expense which can quickly add up. However, it turned out absolutely beautiful and the venue was perfect for our event.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Rachel · Married on 11/19/2016

This venue was amazing. Haven is so sweet, helpful, and incredibly responsive! She really made our wedding a breeze. It was so convenient to have the ceremony, cocktail hour, and the reception in one building (but still have separate rooms for everything!), and everyone raved about how gorgeous it was. The girls got ready in one of the dressing rooms, and loved having the makeup lights and lots of mirrors. Having a theatre background, I was in love with having our wedding there! My only complaint is that you do have to pay event prices for alcohol, but it was well worth it to have the wedding in the Maddox-Muse center!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Richelle · Married on 08/17/2013

I think the Bass Hall was the perfect location for our wedding - we used the canteen and the Van Cliburn room. Everything turned out so beautifully and I would definitely get the lighting package - a great value compared to any other lighting companies in the area. I also thought having the canteen room was worth the extra cost.

We did have one little issue that I think is just good to clarify with the bar manager beforehand. I know this wasn't an issue for our guests but you have to specify to not allow shots at the bar. We had not, and I didn't realize until after the reception.

Overall though I'm very happy with the service we got. Alexa is wonderful to work with and responded to all my questions/needs.

Sent on 09/17/2013