Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets Reviews

77 Reviews for Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Spaghetti

Liz · Married on 11/10/2018

Let me start with the fact that my wedding is not for another 10 weeks but I felt compelled to write a review about our experience so far! I will write another after the wedding as well.

We booked our venue for November 2018 in May 2017 and I have been in constant communication with the Bartlett Hills coordinator, Mary, ever since we signed the contract. She has been absolutely wonderful! She answers all of my questions and concerns promptly even when we were 1.5 years away from the big day! She has sent me flower choices, photos of past events, referred vendors and more. She gives me quotes when I ask and she even gave us a special offer for booking our rehearsal dinner through her. She's truly invested in each wedding in a way that makes you feel special.

We just had our taste test and the food was AMAZING. The chef came out to speak with us after each course, gave guidance and even crafted special meals to cater to my food intolerances. If you or any of your guests have dietary restrictions, I promise you the chef will take great care.

Overall, we couldn't be more excited to host our wedding reception at Bartlett Hills Golf Club. The venue is gorgeous and the staff are excellent, You will be hard pressed to find a better venue at a better price anywhere in the Chicagoland area!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

You brought tears to my eyes Liz!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your thoughts and your experience so far with Bartlett Hills. Both my Chef and I are very passionate about our weddings and our couples having an amazing day. ♥

Samantha · Married on 10/21/2017

My husband and I had our wedding here in October 2017 - and it was a really great experience!

Mary was amazing - she was so incredibly helpful, knowledgeable, and patient (even when we showed up late to our tasting because I'd accidentally put the wrong time in my calendar)!

Her assistant, Evan, was also super helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better team of folks! Mary was there the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly which was so great.

Mary and Evan really made the planning experience painless. We chose Bartlett Hills because it was basically a one-stop shop, and was one of the most reasonably priced venues we found.

It helps that the food was DELICIOUS! I heard their late night snacks were also great, though I was too busy dancing to try them!

I also want to give a shout-out to Trinity (or a something similar - I'm so sorry for not remembering!)! They seriously went above and beyond! They were SO attentive - even protecting us from golf balls while we were taking pictures on the golf course :) Not to mention that they found some vegan ice cream for a few of our guests (which was totally unexpected)! Also - and most amazingly - they literally went through the trash to find our handwritten wedding vows that we'd thought were mistakenly thrown away when the tables were cleared. It turned out that a well-meaning family member had actually moved them, but that is a gesture we will honestly never forget.

I would definitely recommend Bartlett Hills to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words Samantha. It was such an honor to host your celebration of marriage to Tom! Much happiness and love to you both.

kellie · Married on 08/06/2017

Great experience with Mary and evan. Flexible to my needs. My event was a wedding reception/going away party. Having the terrace was a perfect addition to our space.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thank you so much Kellie. Safe travels to the newlyweds.

Kelsey · Married on 08/05/2017

We had our wedding here on 1/6/18 and I was beyond impressed with Mary and her staff. Mary made ironing out the details of my big day so simple and easy. Every time I reached out with a question she was quick to respond. The entire planning process went smoothly and she accommodated me when I wanted to make some last minute changes after the deadline. Mary has great attention to detail and made all my Pinterest dreams come alive on my big day. My guests raved about the food and the overall appearance of the venue. I would highly recommend this place! They are affordable, have great food, and the venue is absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 01/19/2018

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your wedding day experience at Bartlett Hills. Your wedding was absolutely amazing. I really enjoyed the pleasure of helping you create such a fabulous celebration for your family and friends. Best to you and Sam!!

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

We fell in love with Bartlett Hills on our first visit. Whereas most venues started off by providing us with their packages and pricing, the first question Mary asked us was how we envisioned our wedding day and the ways in which Bartlett Hills could help make that vision come to life. Wedding planning was so much easier with Mary and Evan. We had the flexibility to personalize the space with our own decor (which Mary set up for us day of), the food was absolutely delicious and the service was amazing. Although Bartlett Hills hosts weddings on a weekly basis, the communication and attention that you will experience from this team makes you feel like yours is the only event they are focusing on. We received so much positive feedback from our guests after the wedding and would highly recommend Bartlett Hills to anyone looking for the perfect venue to complete your day.

Sent on 08/06/2017

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Sarah-thank you so much for hosting your wedding day at Bartlett Hills. It was so fun helping you and Mark plan the celebration. Many blessings to you and your family. Mary

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2017

Thy did the best job for our wedding. Our coordinator, Mary, was very kind and easy to work with. Everyone at the wedding raved about the great food and service. We were able to personalize certain things that I really appreciated. The staff did a fabulous job!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thanks so much for sharing Jessica. Your wedding reception was amazing and I loved working with you and Ryne!! Many thanks to you both!

Rebecca · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I are so grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Mary and Evan for our Earth Day wedding ceremony and reception at Bartlett Hills on April 22, 2017. They were so friendly, accommodating, and resourceful.

We signed our Bartlett Hills contract with Mary 20+ months in advance, and she was patient, considerate and accommodating with all of our questions and requests throughout the process. We also loved that everything important to us was included in the package: decent liquors, delicious food, a perfect wedding cake and even some décor and guest table flowers.

Mary was flexible to and open to ideas, while adding her own expertise into the process to help us create our vision. At our request, she arranged custom-made menu and cake choices as well as “his” and “her” signature cocktails. The tasting setup was so sophisticated and fun! The homemade soups are incredible (we chose cream of asparagus). And for our entrees, we chose a Vegetable Wellington with Basil Cream Sauce, Sautéed Chicken Marsala, and Grilled Salmon with Herbed Breadcrumbs.

We brought all of our décor during our rehearsal dinner with instructions on where to place everything and Mary went above and beyond the call of duty to set everything up in the most perfect fashion—a huge stress relief!

We lucked out with great weather on our wedding day and were able to have the most beautiful and perfect ceremony on the patio. Bartlett Hills permitted us to include our dog in our wedding procession, which was very important to us. Mary and Evan were also extremely helpful to our vendors.

Most of our guests commented afterward that our day was the most exquisite and fun they had ever been to, and they’d never had better food at a wedding. I think that’s a pretty big deal considering our guests were ages 30 thru 87!

Mary and her team at Bartlett Hills truly created a perfect day for us… we couldn’t have dreamt for more or better!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

You were an amazing couple that I was blessed to work with. Thank you so much for such an amazing review that came from your heart. It was such an honor to work with you and Jon Paul and I wish you love and happiness always.

Stacy · Married on 05/27/2016

I just had my wedding at Bartlett Hills Golf Club on Friday, May 27, 2016. I was very impressed with the staff's professionalism, the smooth transitions and the attention to detail. Everything looked just as I had imagined it to look (minus the rain causing our ceremony to be inside). Mary (the wedding coordinator) was fantastic. She was always very responsive to my messages and made sure that everything was perfect for my big day. Planning my wedding was a process because my husband is active duty military and we are stationed very far away, but wanted the wedding to be close to home for our families. Mary and the rest of the staff were very accommodating as far as making sure to call at appropriate times and arranging a tasting with our parents instead of us. They never missed a beat. i could not have asked for a more beautiful and stress free wedding day. Thank you to Bartlett Hills - I would recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful view and a day to remember.

Sent on 09/24/2015

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

That is so kind of you Stacy!! It has been my pleasure working with you and Zac. May will be here before you know it and we're looking forward to your wedding day. Mary

Kaitlyn · Married on 03/05/2016

My wedding is this coming March. From the beginning Mary has been absolutely wonderful and has put my mind at ease. The booking process is super easy and the information is thorough and clear. This venue is absolutely gorgeous and an amazing value. Mary has ton's of information and suggestions which has been very helpful. This is what a wedding venue should be like and I'm so glad to have found them!!

Sent on 09/17/2015

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Kaitlyn-How sweet of you to do a pre-review of your experience here at Bartlett Hills. Thank you so much and I look forward to working with you and Joe as your date approaches.

Katerina · Married on 10/24/2015

My wedding at Bartlett Hills turnout out to be perfect. The venue was gorgeous and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Mary was very helpful and flexible with helping plan and coordinate everything for our special day. For any brides that have no idea where to start- Mary is great to help point you in the right direction and give you creative ideas. I knew exactly what I wanted and how and Mary executed it all as I had envisioned. It's so hard to believe that day has already come and gone, but you won't regret picking the venue for your wedding. I'm biased, but our wedding colors worked out great for this venue, black and wine and the string lights. Such amazing memories- definitely recommend. Everyone raved about the food as well, so that made us happy since people tend to be picky about food.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Katerina. It was such a pleasure working with you and Mike!
  • MissToMrs

kearsten · Married on 08/01/2015

I haven't even had my wedding yet, and every single time I have dealt with anyone at BHGC, they have been amazing! Mary, the event coordinator really knows her stuff, and is as nice as can be.

She really helped bring my vision to life, and has been great with responding to the million questions I have asked! She, and the entire staff have been great with all of my vendors!

I cannot wait until my actual wedding when everything comes together!

Sent on 12/16/2014

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Kearsten thank you so much for the pre-review about your booking experience here at Bartlett Hills. I can't wait for your wedding day either!!

Christine · Married on 07/11/2015

If you are considering Bartlett Hills for your wedding reception, I would highly recommend the venue. The food was excellent and there is a large menu for you to choose from. The venue pays careful attention to dietary needs and restrictions and was able to provide every single one of my guests with a delicious meal that met their needs. Another reason why this venue is special is because it includes the cake AND flowers. You are provided with a variety of choices when it comes to both your cake and flowers and you have an opportunity to carefully choose options that meet your vision for your wedding. Finally, Mary (the coordinator) is a joy to work with. She gave me peace of mind and I completely trusted her to put together all of my last minute details for the wedding. She came through in every single way. I can't say enough good things about her and the venue. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Sent on 08/05/2015

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Bartlett Hills Mrs Clark! It was a pleasure to work with you and Tyler and I wish you both love and happiness always.

Tyler · Married on 07/11/2015

Great place to have your wedding reception! One check takes care of everything and it all looks great. Highly recommend!

Katya · Married on 06/15/2014

I decided to transplant a Jewish-Russian wedding into Bartlett Hills Golf Course.

Most typically, these types of weddings are done either at a Russian restaurant (where all the food is served family style, and the wedding is led in the East-coast-style) or at a kosher-approved hotel where the staff are very familiar with the religious traditions (such as the special pre-wedding ceremony). Clearly, Bartlett Hills is neither of these places, but they did an AMAZING job pulling off this wedding. Mary (the coordinator) and her staff literally took the wedding I had in my head, and brought it to life. Both the ceremony balcony and the hall looked beautiful, and the day went extremely smoothly. I didn’t have to worry about the logistics of ANYTHING, since Mary and her staff had it all under control.

From the very first inquiry that I submitted to Mary, she has been INCREDIBLY responsive. I sent her an insane amount of emails throughout the whole wedding-planning process, and I never had to wait for more than a day or two to hear a response back. Sometimes she even responded within minutes. And through all of this Mary was so patient with me, despite my constant updates to the timeline, the special requests, the food selections, and even the chairs.

Speaking of food - I still have guests still complimenting me on the beef and salmon that they got to enjoy at dinner. Also, it is nice is that BH is fine with you choosing your own vendor if you need to accommodate special food requests for some of the guests (e.g. kosher). The only thing to keep in mind is that their kitchen isquite small, so whatever food you might need to order in must be delivered warm, as they cannot fit more staff besides their own in their kitchen.

Ultimately, Bartlett Hills is a wonderful choice for a wedding venue. The location is beautiful, it offers an excellent value for what you actually get, and it has wonderful staff to take care of all of your unique wedding desires.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Katya-Thank you kindly for such a wonderful review! I loved every minute of your day as well and the Hora was the best I've ever experienced! Best always to you and Dmitry

Sarah · Married on 02/01/2014

Bartlett Hills was the most perfect location for our wedding! The setting is gorgeous, no matter what season you decide to marry. Working with Mary was such a treat. She was so gracious and patient throughout the entire planning process. She was quick to answer questions and was genuinely excited and happy for us. Also, the food is amazing! You can really tell that everything is made fresh-my guests are still talking about it. Bartlett staff were incredibly nice and accommodating. I can't say enough good things about Mary and Bartlett Hills. Thank you for helping make our wedding day so special.

Chrissy · Married on 07/21/2013

Amazing! Mary and her team did a fantastic job! This is a wonderful facility and the staff is so personable. I could not of asked for more. Mary was always quick to respond to any questions or suggestions. I would not hesitate to recommend Bartlett Hills to any Bride.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Christin- I thank you so much for sharing about your experience at Bartlett Hills!

Kim · Married on 06/29/2013

We hosted our wedding reception at Bartlett Hills in June 2013. We looked at several halls, but ultimately chose Bartlett Hills because it offered us the best value for our money while still allowing us to have a unique and personalized reception. It is also an ideal location for a summer wedding as the reception hall overlooks the pond on the golf course and there is a walkaround porch for guests to enjoy drinks outside.

Mary was excellent to work with every step of the way. She went out of her way to accomodate our requests and provided guidance and insight when necessary.

From appetizers to dessert, the food at the reception was excellent. The guests all raved about the quality of the food, and the staff took special consideration for vegan meals and other special dietary restrictions that my guests had. Staff was very responsive and available throughout the night as well.

Overall, Bartlett Hills is an ideal place to host a wedding as it excels in quality, service, aesthetics and affordability.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Kim-thank you so much for your fabulous review of your wedding day experience with us here at Bartlett Hills. It was wonderful to work with both you and Jon and your families. I'm so happy you had a wonderful day!! Mary

Meghan · Married on 06/28/2013

Mary and her staff at Bartlett Hills were incredible! From the first meeting, to every detail, to the day of the wedding, her staff provided myself and my husband and incredible experience. I have never met a facility who took the time to get to know both my husband and myself and provide us with a quality service. It was as if they had known us as a couple for years and knew every step needed to help us plan our perfect wedding! Thank you again to Mary and her staff!

Sent on 07/17/2013

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Meghan & Carl- It was so fun helping you both create the wonderful vision you had for your wedding day. Many years of happiness to you both! Mary

ashlee · Married on 04/20/2013

My husband and I had our wedding here last spring and it was amazing. Mary is such a pleasure to work with and was so flexible with my wedding planner. I would recommend this place 1000 times over. Great service and people. Made our special day that much better. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 01/02/2014

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thank you Ashlee- It was a pleasure working w/Cheryl your wedding planner. She transformed the room amazingly to just what you and John dreamed of. It was one of the most beautiful weddings ever held here. Happy New Year.

Morgan & Ryan · Married on 10/26/2012

Mary and her staff did an amazing job of making our wedding PERFECT! Everything from the ceremony cite, to how the tables were set up was just great.

Our dinners were delicious and tasted just as they did at our tasting. The staff was friendly and personable.
    The decor was beautiful and our cake was incredible.

I was very impressed with how flexable Bartlett Hills was with making things personalized to our tastes. There wasn't anything that Mary couldn't do for us!

The golf course was great for all of our wedding photos, and they definitely came out beautiful!

A HUGE thank you to all the staff at Bartlett Hills for making our wedding day everything we had hoped for and MORE! <3

Taylar · Married on 10/20/2012

Mary was great! She was very flexible with our ideas and planning and made sure everything was in its place and ready to go on the big day. The venue is beautiful and looks especially picturesque in the photos from the event.
    The food was delicious and looked beautiful as well. As bride and groom, we had our own personal waiter and it was great to grab him if we ever wanted something while we mingled with guests. Overall, highly recommended!

Taylar · Married on 10/20/2012

We booked Bartlett Hills for our wedding and it was incredible! Mary was very easy going and took care of everything, which was especially helpful at the beginning of planning when my husband and I lived out of state. It was a beautiful location and my every need was met!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Thanks so much Taylar!!!

DANIEL · Married on 10/20/2012

We absolutely loved having our wedding at Bartlett Hills! The staff was great and working with Mary was amazing!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Thank you so much Dan!

Erica · Married on 10/13/2012

Mary was great to work with! She was always very prompt with her responses to my e-mails and I had a lot of emails :)

Sent on 12/29/2013

Bartlett Hills Golf Club & Banquets's reply:

Thanks so much Erica-Happy New Year!!

Jennifer · Married on 10/05/2012

I'm so thankful that I listened to the reviews on BHGC. Throughout the planning process, Mary was amazing at answering the gazillion questions I had. She was always sweet, excited for me, and never got annoyed or impatient. If Mary wasn't available, Evan was there to answer questions, and he was just as nice and helpful!

Our tasting was so much fun. We got to try many different options to pick our perfect dinner. We decided to not go with the cake that was included in the package, so instead, we were able to use that towards a midnight snack, bonus!! I just thought that was so great of them ;-)

Leading up to the wedding, I had a lot of last minute changes, and Mary and Evan worked with me to make sure everything was perfect (they are angels I tell you!).

On the day of the wedding, the room was absolutely stunning! I wanted to have a warm, cozy, fall wedding, and that's exactly what I got at BHGC. The floor to ceiling windows overlooking the golf course with the colorful trees, beautiful pond and the sunset...just breathtaking. I cannot wait until we get our photos back!

We received a lot of compliments on the food at our dinner. The homemade soups and sauces are wonderful. I had planned on taking leftovers from our midnight snack back to the hotel after the wedding, but even the sliders and pizza were so good, everything was gone!! ;-)

The server we had at the head table was awesome! My husband, myself and our whole bridal party (16 all together) never had an empty glass! I have to mention the bar tenders as well, they were soooo friendly!! Usually that's not something I notice at a wedding, but they were just so sweet, kind and made great drinks! Nobody was complaining about weak drinks, that's for sure! haha

Do yourself a favor and check them out before you pick your wedding venue, you will not be disappointed!!