Barn at Edgewood Reviews

15 | Stanardsville, VA

15 Reviews for Barn at Edgewood

15 Barn at Edgewood Reviews

paul · Married on 09/29/2018

We had our daughter's wedding here this weekend and it was amazing. Every guest commented on the beauty and uniqueness of the grounds and the space. We had a really special day

Susan · Married on 09/08/2018

Everyone at the barn was wonderful to work with! They are quick to respond and make sure your day is stress free!

Barn at Edgewood 1
    Barn at Edgewood 2
    Barn at Edgewood 3

Emily · Married on 06/30/2018

The barn is so beautiful and clean you don't need to do anything to make it the perfect venue. Scott and Julie--the owners--were incredibly kind and helpful. It's the perfect place!

Erin · Married on 06/16/2018

Barn at Edgewood was a great choice for us since we were looking for a venue that had great outdoor views but a space with modern amenities. We LOVED the apartments above the venue and chose to stay there the night before the wedding. After looking at a lot of similar venues around Stanardsville and Charlottesville we felt like Barn at Edgewood had the best bang for our buck!

Barn at Edgewood 4
    Barn at Edgewood 5

Sara · Married on 10/06/2017

Absolutely loved having my wedding ceremony and reception at the Barn at Edgewood. The venue was beautiful. The owners were so very accommodating on ceremony site, changes, and decorations within the barn. The bridal and groom suites were beautiful and so convenient to the ceremony and reception location. My husband and I spent our first night as a married couple in the bridal suite and enjoyed not having to drive to another location after the festivities ended. Lauren, the venue coordinator, answered all of my questions with very speedy email responses leading up to our big day. Nothing but good things to say about this venue. The mountain views make gorgeous photos! Overall would definitely recommend this wedding venue!!

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

We LOVED the Barn at Edgewood and our guests did too. The venue was gorgeous and fit all of our needs (ample parking, indoor bathrooms, large bridal and groom's suites). It also came with optional add-ons (such as linens and additional lighting) that made planning the day all that much easier. Lauren and the Winslow family were so friendly, helpful, and quick to respond to any questions; we really enjoyed working with them and we hope that we can return in the future as Airbnb guests.

Thanks again for making our day so special!

Jane · Married on 09/23/2017

Could not have asked for a better experience. As the Mother of the bride, I found that they thought of everything making it a beautful, stress free wedding day! I highly recommend The Barn at Edgewood. Stunning setting, awesome owners and planners!

Barn at Edgewood 6
    Barn at Edgewood 7

Kathleen · Married on 09/17/2017

The Barn at Edgewood is one of my favorite vendors from our wedding! The owners, Scott and Julie, are THE sweetest couple. From beginning to end they have shown us nothing but kindness and have been so helpful during this whole wedding process. The venue coordinators we worked with, Jane and Lauren, have also been wonderful during all of this preparation. Their whole team is very responsive to emails, on-time (or early) to meetings, and flexible to work with.

The barn itself is the perfect blend of rustic charm and modern amenities. Usually when people hear the word “barn” some will dread a creaky wooden structure with no plumbing and poor insulation. The Barn at Edgewood is nothing like that. It’s absolutely charming, has two clean bathrooms downstairs for guests, two beautiful and spacious suites upstairs for getting ready, and well-insulated walls. The suites upstairs have full AC/heating (and full bathrooms and kitchens!). The downstairs (reception) area does not have AC, BUT it has very good climate control during both winter and summer (when we visited). The Barn also comes with pre-installed globe string lights that are hung across the ceilings for a beautiful effect. And not to mention those gorgeous, white cross-back chairs for the reception!

The only downside is for larger weddings (we had around 145 people) there are only two restrooms to use for guests, so a small line of 1-5 people would sometimes accumulate during the first half of the wedding. On the upside, there are two full bathrooms in the suites upstairs, so at least the bride, groom, and wedding party never had to deal with the bathroom traffic.

If I were given the choice again of where to do our wedding, I would choose the Barn at Edgewood in a heartbeat. I haven’t even mentioned everything I LOVE about this venue, because otherwise I’d be writing a 3-page essay (there's a character limit for these!). For a rustic wedding, I highly recommend giving the Barn at Edgewood a visit!!

Emily · Married on 08/12/2017

The Barn at Edgewood was such a beautiful venue! The Winslows (the owners) and their staff really try to make your wedding the day the best it can be. The Barn itself is really pretty with two amazing suites and the downstairs reception spot. The outside property is gorgeous with the pond and the rose garden. We could not have picked a better venue for our big day!

Barn at Edgewood 8
    Barn at Edgewood 9
    Barn at Edgewood 10
    Barn at Edgewood 11
    Barn at Edgewood 12
    Barn at Edgewood 13
    Barn at Edgewood 14

Emily · Married on 05/13/2017

The Barn at Edgewood was the perfect place for our wedding for so many reasons. The setting is stunning, and allows for a very intimate wedding with many spots for gorgeous photos. The apartments allowed me to stay at the venue the night before and wake up with a view of the mountains and mist over the pond, which was the most peaceful start to our wedding day. I loved having a beautiful, comfortable space for my bridesmaids and me to get our hair and makeup done and just spend time together all morning before the wedding. Most importantly, the owners are absolutely amazing to work with. Jane is so incredibly friendly, responsive, accommodating, flexible, and beyond helpful, and made the wedding planning process so much easier. Jane and her parents truly take the time to understand your vision and do everything in their power to make it happen. On the day of the wedding, I had not a care in the world, because I knew everything would be well taken care of. A month of coordinator is required by the venue, which is an absolute lifesaver! The owners worked beautifully with my coordinator to make sure the wedding day went off without a hitch. I can't recommend Barn at Edgewood enough! Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to our wedding day! It was the most beautiful day at the most beautiful venue.

Nancy · Married on 01/08/2017

I had a beautiful, cozy winter wedding at the Barn at Edgewood. Everything went very smoothly despite the snowy weather that weekend. They made sure the driveway and sidewalks were clear and safe. The building was kept warm so my guests were comfortable. Though it tried to hinder the day, the dusting of snow on the ground served to enhance the beauty of the lanscape and fields. The apartments upstairs are comfortable and very well kept. They provided the perfect place to stay and get ready before the ceremony. The main hall itself had plenty of space for our 80 guests, tables, a buffet, and a dance floor. And the fireplace and mantle made for a stunning backdrop for our intimate indoor ceremony. I cannot say enough to express how great the venue is, as well as the people who operate it.

• Maddy

Maddy · Married on 08/13/2016

This is a extraordinary venue, easily accessible, with a stunning views all around, and you will be well taken care of by Jane organizing with you and willing to answer any questions. We felt at home and well celebrated having our reception here. Thanks for everything Jane!

Melissa · event on: 10/18/2015

Wow what a beautiful space to hold a special event. We were so impressed with the cleanliness, the extras such as tables and outdoor heat units and outdoor furniture. The space itself outside is gorgeous with views of a lake, farm fields, smooth gravel driveway and parking area and oh so ample parking available. We had use of the kitchen and everything was spotless and the site representatives that day were over the top helpful and maintained the bathrooms and helped to ensure that everything we needed was there and that they were there to help with anything. We loved the spaciousness of the barn and how it was easy to turn it into a buffet area, seating area and even had room for dancing (which we did not need) so turned it into more casual seating and an indoor s'mores bar. The owners are so engaging and wanted to make our event run smoothly from the first day we made contact. Highly recommend holding your next special event here and look forward to the next time I get to host a celebration where I need room and a lovely venue.

Audrey · event on: 09/27/2015

This was an 80th Birthday Party (surprise) for my husband. Scott, Julie and Jane worked so graciously with us to help keep it a surprise (and it was a complete surprise). We had over 100 guests and many of them elderly. They were completely comfortable and complimentary of their beautiful surroundings. Several guests mentioned it as a possibility for something they are planning in the next year. We were completely satisfied.