Barbarah Perttula Photography Reviews

Barbarah Perttula Photography 6
Barbarah Perttula Photography 7

Alexandra Dupont · Getting married on 03/04/2021

The best photographer!

Barbarah did both our engagement photos and wedding photos. She is friendly, easy to work with, professional and fun! Our photos turned out beautiful and she got them back to us super quickly! Barbarah is open to doing fun and silly photos along with the serious ones. She happily embraced our two dogs and horse being in our engagement photos and worked well with our personalities. Definitely consider using Barbarah for your wedding or any other event, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/18/2019
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 8
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 9
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 10
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 11
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 12

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

AHHHH! This is so sweet! Your wedding was amazing, my second photographer and I are still talking about it! I loved getting to meet your families and friends and helping you celebrate, you two were absolutely amazing to work with! Thanks for trusting me to document the most special day of your lives! xx

Christine McFarlane · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Love Love Love!

Barbarah is the best! She makes you feel so comfortable in front of the lens! On the wedding day, she ensures to get all the shots you want and even the ones you didn't know you wanted! Her style of editing is stunning and unique! Not only is she so talented, she is super sweet, down to earth, professional, and fun to be around! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

You're amazing and I absolutely have loved working with you! The best years are ahead of you! Thank you so much!
  • Tina

Tina · Married on 06/29/2019

Would give 10 stars if I could!

Barbarah is AMAZING! I got engaged one month after Barbarah shot at my sister’s wedding in June 2018, and knew immediately that I wanted to hire her for my own as well. She makes every photoshoot so fun and so comfortable, even if you don’t anticipate feeling very comfortable in front of the camera, you will. Barbarah has the best tricks to loosen you up and just have fun with the experience, which in turn makes you look much more natural in photos. She truly cares about her customers – making sure that you are as organized as possible for your wedding day, but also extremely go with the flow and can tell when you’re done with the formalities and just want to party 😊. I would recommend Barbarah one million times over!

Sent on 08/19/2019
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 13
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 14
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 15
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 16

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

This is the sweetest! I'm so blessed to know you and your family and to have gotten the chance to document two of your weddings now! I can't thank you enough for choosing me and making me fall so much more in love with what I do! I'm so excited to watch all the beautiful changes in your lives that marriage brings!

Timothy Cork · Married on 05/25/2019

Outstanding

My wife and I hired Barbarah as our wedding photographer after seeing the quality of her work at a friend's wedding. She did NOT disappoint! Barbarah is a truly gifted photographer, and captures all the best moments better than we could hope for. She was such a pleasure to be around for the entire day, and was extremely calming and personable. A true professional, and fiercely dedicated to her craft. We will recommend her 10 out of 10 times to anyone looking for a photo-shoot or event photographer!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this awesome review! You guys were so fun, I'm humbled I got to be a part of your wedding! Thanks for making me fall in love all over again with what I do! Can't wait to celebrate other milestones with you!

Khuncha Mutabchi · Married on 04/26/2019

Can't wait to hire again!!

I don't know where to begin. I know we're not supposed to have favorites but Barbarah makes it tough. She made it such a breeze to work with. Her level of professionalism while being intimate during our wedding day was unmatched. She thought of details that never even crossed our minds. I can't rave about her enough. She also had photos to us in less than 24 hours, we were able to have some photos to remind us of our big day. And she delivered all of our photos within 3 weeks! Absolutely amazing, I can't say enough great things about her and her assistant photographer!

Sent on 05/24/2019

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

The feeling is mutual! I LOVED being there for you and Nathan on your wedding day! So glad to know you guys and I'm so excited to watch your lives together! xx

Carrie · Married on 02/16/2019

Joy on film

Barbarah is an absolute joy to work with. I was immediately drawn to the look of her photos - she's a true artist and catches the smallest, most wonderful candid moments. She was so kind and supportive through the whole process. I still find myself looking through all the photos on a regular basis. They're absolutely wonderful and everything I was hoping for. My favorite thing about Barbarah's style is how you can feel the emotions in every shot, and it's been so nice reliving the love and joy from that day.

Sent on 04/26/2019
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 17

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

Wow Carrie! Thank you so much for this week review! I’m so happy we were able to work together, and even happier to hear how much your photos mean to you! I loved every second with you and Rob, you guys are so sweet and considerate!
  • I

Isabella Yon · Married on 10/27/2018

Incredible Photographer and Person! Highly Recommend!!!

We couldn't have chosen a better photographer for our wedding. Barbarah is not only extremely talented in her field, but a lovely person, highly professional, and truly goes above and beyond to make the day as smooth as possible. Our pictures are stunning and I couldn't have asked for more! I HIGHLY recommend Barbarah!

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 18
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 19
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 20
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 21
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 22
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 23

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for these sweet words!! I absolutely loved having the opportunity to travel to your home to capture those memories for ya! You guys were so hospitable and so sweet throughout the whole process, I'd do it all over again! Love you guys!

Jen · Married on 10/05/2018

We knew from the second we saw Barbarah's work, we needed her to photograph our wedding! She has an incredible eye for special moments and beautiful settings. She knew exactly what we wanted captured in our special day and just went for it. We have only seen the previews but my husband and I were BLOWN AWAY! Our friends and family could not stop commenting on the photos she was able to get. It's so important to feel comfortable with the person photographing your special day. She was so kind, responsive, helpful, and easy to work. She quickly became a part of our family!

The turn around time was incredible! She sent us some previews the NEXT morning... and we can't stop looking at them!

We can't say enough great things about Barbarah! We look forward to having her capture more of our special moments in the future!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 24
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 25
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 26
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 27

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

Oh I love you guys! So fun and sweet! I want to relive your day over and over again! Thank you for inviting me to share it with you!!

Anne · Married on 09/22/2018

Barbarah was amazing and we felt that she made our special day even better! The photo color scheme was really well done and she would be perfect for anyone looking for a photographer with a great eye for detail; because let's face it, on your wedding day you do not want to be the person also managing a photographer, which is what made Barbarah a blessing to work with!!! She knew exactly what to do!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Kiri · Married on 08/18/2018

Barbarah photographed my husband's and my casual outdoor wedding in Howard County, MD this past August. She was recommended by our wedding planner, and, compared to other photographers we researched, she had the most flexible packages by price and level of service -- our event was going to be relatively short and simple (3-4 hours with no wedding party) and we were relieved to find a photographer with a beautiful portfolio who wasn't going to charge us for hours worth of photography that we weren't going to use. She was very organized and professional in our initial phone consultation, prompt and pleasant during the event, and our photos are gorgeous! We especially loved getting a sneak peek of ~15 or so of our edited photos just HOURS after the event. Thanks, Barbarah!

Sent on 09/30/2018

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

I am so glad our paths crossed and I was able to photograph your wedding! Thank you for trusting me and for being amazing clients!

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

It’s hard to put into words how amazing Barbarah is, but I’ll try. This woman is a badass! She is one of the most talented, hardworking people I’ve met. Her photo style is gorgeous, her technique artistic yet approachable, and her hustle is unparalleled. Oh, and did I mention that she still shot our wedding FIVE days after giving birth to her precious babe? She is a true professional. You will not regret hiring Barbarah, she’s worth every penny and more (and still affordable!).

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 28
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 29
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 30
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 31
    Barbarah Perttula Photography 32

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

WOW! Thank you so much for your kind words! I loved photographing your wedding and I am so excited for all the beautiful things that life has for you and Will! The best is to come!

Courtney · Married on 12/16/2017

Barbarah was seriously such a blessing to have on our big day! With the military and then an accident that my now husband Eric was in we had to change our wedding date multiple times. Deciding to have a small family wedding in the military chapel was the perfect plan for us. Barbarah is a sweetheart and took so many wonderful pictures and everything ran smoothly! She's a joy to work with and with her passion for photography and love of God she was the perfect fit for us! We can't thank her enough for all she did for us!!

Sent on 01/14/2018

Miika · Married on 06/17/2017

Barbarah is an extraordinarily talented photographer and a truly kind person. She was able to create an atmosphere where the photoshoot felt like a fun date in itself for me and my partner. She came back quickly with the photos that were of amazing quality. The communication was clear and professional all along. I have never recommended anyone more wholeheartedly in my life than her!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

Wow thank you for the glowing review, Miika! You guys were so fun to be with, thank you for letting me capture you in your element!

Jordan · Married on 05/06/2017

We came up from Florida to do an engagement shoot with Barbarah in D.C. and the photos and shots look incredible! We did really dressed up photos at the different memorials and then went into Georgetown to take more urban shots and they look Amazing! The best part of it all was how fast she got us the pictures! I only took 2 weeks to receive all of our photos and again they are PRICELESS!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

That was such a fun day and thank you for choosing me to celebrate your engagement with you and Rachel! xx

Rachel · Married on 05/06/2017

Barbarah was incredible! We are in love with our engagement photos. She was the best to work with. She made sure to capture every moment and take the time to get exactly what we wanted. Our engagement session was a sunrise session in D.C. and then we headed over to Georgetown for some more casual photos. The photos turned out flawless. She made it so easy and made us feel so comfortable taking photos. She also got them back to us SUPER FAST! If I had to do it all over again, I'd choose her a 1,000 times!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

Rachel, you're so sweet! This means so much to me!

Tony · Married on 08/19/2018

We had lots going on and Barbarah was able to hit the mark with what we were wanting with our late responses and crazy schedules. Communication was flawless!

Sent on 09/13/2018

Barbarah Perttula Photography's reply:

Aw I am so glad I was able to help make things go smoothly for you! LOVED your wedding day and seeing how happy your marriage is!