Barbara O Photography Reviews

Barbara O Photography 6
Barbara O Photography 7

Christine McFarlane · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Talented and Delightful!

I had the pleasure of working with Barbara this past summer and it was an absolute delight from start to finish, and then some! As a planner, I always love when the photographer is in the touch with every step of the process to ensure the day of runs smoothly. Barbara arrived early the day of to scout locations for portraits and ensured all the B+G's wants and needs were met with pictures before the end of the night. Post wedding, she provided stunning images in a remarkable amount of time. Some images look straight out of a bridal magazine! I look forward to working together again soon!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Lucie

Lucie · Married on 12/21/2018

a beautiful human with amazing talent

my (now) husband and i were completely blown away by our wedding photos and could not have been more thrilled with the outcome of our time spent with barbara. we truly could not have asked for a better photographer to be present with us on our special day. barbara is incredibly skilled and we really appreciated the unending warmth and enthusiasm that came along with it. we would absolutely recommend her to anyone who wants a significant life moment documented in a beautifully real and natural light.

Sent on 02/25/2019
    Barbara O Photography 8
    Barbara O Photography 9
    Barbara O Photography 10

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Lucie. Your wedding was taken out of a fairy tale and I loved every little detail! You two are beautiful souls and it makes me so happy to see you guys together! Thanks for letting me capture your day and your love! :)

Lisa · Married on 12/01/2018

Best choice we made!

Where can I even begin to describe our experience working with Barbara?! From the moment I saw her photos on Instagram I was drawn in and knew she was the perfect choice to photograph our December 1st wedding. We first met over coffee and her warm, friendly personality sealed the deal for us. She made herself readily available to help with recommendations for different aspects of the planning process, and when it came time to plan our photos, she sent a detailed form for us to fill out to ensure that she captured all of the important details. She caught so many special moments and the smallest details, and she blended right in with our crowd, even on the dance floor. Barbara delivered the photos well within her promised turnaround time (but she sent us some sneak peeks less than 24 hours after the wedding!), and throughout our entire experience with her she was responsive and communicative. I never had to worry once! I feel like at the end of it all, we have walked away with a friend. We are so beyond happy with our photos and the way Barbara captured the magic of our celebration.

Sent on 01/16/2019

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Awwww!! Lisa, THANK YOU! That means so much to me. I really loved documenting your intimate wedding and am so happy that you enjoyed the whole experience! I definitely think I walked away with friends as well. You're such a bright person and I wish you guys ALL the happiness! Love

Maggie · Married on 11/10/2018

Barbara was the best part of our wedding!

We love Barbara and would recommend her to any other couple that is getting married! She is the one vendor who never frustrated or disappointed us. We knew we could always trust her to do her best and deliver amazing work. She very obviously wanted us to enjoy the experience and be happy with the outcome. Our engagement photos were fantastic and our wedding photos exceeded even our already very high expectations. Even the wedding guests commented on how great she and Tara were during the wedding. We look forward to being able to hire her again in the future for more exciting life events.

Sent on 01/06/2019
    Barbara O Photography 11

Barbara O Photography's reply:

So happy to read your review, Maggie! Thank you so much. It's always fun to photograph other creatives with great sense of aesthetics. Dan made me the most beautiful gift, and I'm so grateful for that and for documenting your story. Thank you! Love you guys
  • Christina

Christina Joseph · Married on 11/03/2018

Dream Wedding

my Husband and I could NOT be happier with Barbara’s pictures of our wedding. She was able to capture every moment and really tell our wedding story, perfectly. Every single picture was perfect! Our only complaint is weeding out all the perfect picture to find out absolute favorites! She was extremely professional, sweet, and extremely realiable.

Sent on 01/15/2019
    Barbara O Photography 12

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Christina! That means a lot to me. I'm so happy to hear that I gave you a hard time choosing your favorites. Ha! Mission accomplished! :) Thank you for leaving this sweet review!

Hannah · Married on 10/20/2018

Barbara is absolutely wonderful to work with and is exceptionally talented.

Barbara photographed our elopement as well as separate reception a few weeks later. Barbara was creative and flexible as we wanted parts of our elopement to be totally private with not even her there. She traveled and met us in a national park out of state for our elopement and took the most gorgeous outdoor photos of us I could imagine. She also captured our reception beautifully and focused on exactly what we asked her to.
    Barbara made us feel comfortable, helped direct and guide us and was an expert at making us look natural and our best. She made the process fun and has a wonderful positive and fun personality that is contagious. Barbara was the perfect combination of laid back and energetic. The photos that we got back from her are incredible and exceeded our expectations. Barbara took photographs that are professional, artistic, creative, elegant, fun, playful, and meaningful to capture all the various parts of your wedding and your relationship together. She gave us a huge variety, all of which are stunning.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah! I truly had a blast photographing your elopement in California and will never forget how peaceful and quiet the redwoods are. And you reception was amazing. So much good energy, so many emotions. I loved every moment of it! Thank you

Vy · Married on 10/07/2018

Look no further. Seriously. Just book her.

Where do I even start with this wonderful lady? She was everything that we wanted and more. I was not a fan of those posey type of wedding photos where everything is staged. I'm so glad to have found her to take her Engagement and Wedding photos. Her styles are more natural, real, and photojournalistic which was exactly what I was looking for to capture our sessions. She did an AMAZING job from the very beginning and exceeded our expectations. Her level of communication, style, and eye for photography is up there. We had trouble deciding on an engagement location, so she gave us a list of places to consider. We decided on one of the locations on her list, and we were so happy we did! The place was stunning itself, BUT how she captured us in the environment felt like we were transported to another country. That, to me, is skills.

My husband and I are awkward creatures, and she played with that in our photo sessions. She never made us feel uncomfortable or make us do things that did not reflect who we are. That was a big factor for us because my husband has never been in a photoshoot before and together we are just awkward turtles. After our engagement shoot, we knew that we made the right decision and put our trust in her as our main photographer.

On our wedding day, her and Tara (another talented photographer that we fully respect) arrived on time and naturally coordinated with each other so well. They were behind the scenes capturing all the moments that I did not even notice. Their time management to make sure we stuck to our schedule and ability to direct our whole wedding group worked out so well.

Get yourself a photographer who is as bubbly, energetic, and full of life like Barbara. This lady works so hard and never seems to complain one bit. I seriously would've broken down in times like these, but she persevere through it so gracefully. She's also been published in a lot of magazines - so you know that she is legit and recognized.

Side note: she's vegetarian - so it would be nice if you plan ahead to get her a nice vendor meal and get her well fed! :)

I would 100% recommend this lady to anyone who is deciding on one for their wedding, portrait, baby or engagement shoot. Stop right here because you have found your photographer. You will be in good hands. Plus, you'll end up with a friend in the end. What more can you ask for?

Sent on 12/16/2018
    Barbara O Photography 13
    Barbara O Photography 14

Barbara O Photography's reply:

OMG Vy!! What a great review. Thank you SO much! Your words mean so much to me and my business. You guys are amazing and I'm super lucky I got to document your story! Love you
  • Rebekah M.

Rebekah · Married on 10/06/2018

The best investment you can make!

Working with Barbara was the easiest thing about our entire wedding. She was so patient with us when we didn't have a plan for engagement photos until like 2 months before our wedding. During our consultation she even gave us a tip about when to plan certain things. The day of our wedding, she was just fantastic. I don't; even think this post is long enough to describe all the things we were thankful for from her on our wedding day. She was kind, and kept us to the schedule we wanted for photos when we just wanted to play around. She gave us a professional experience that felt so personal too. She captured us as if we were her family. The pictures we got back are stunning. STUNNING. I feel like I'm rambling, but that's how incredible she is. Just do yourself a favor and hire her.

You. Will. Not. Regret. It.

Sent on 12/30/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Rebekah and Thomas, I'm here almost crying with such a sweet review. I love you guys, lots! You are such an inspiring couple. You two are beautiful and I'm more than grateful that I was a part of your wedding day. Much Love Xoxo
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

Barbara is amazing!

One of my top priorities for our wedding was an amazing photographer and I was so happy when I stumbled across Barbara's website! We did a Facetime call and booked her for our wedding pretty quickly after. She was always very responsive to our emails and we didn't have any issues getting in touch with her.

We were a little nervous about being photographed and she completely put us at ease. She had some awesome tricks to get us to react which led to some really great candid shots during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. She did a wonderful job of taking a mix of photos and nothing looked forced or stiff.

Barbara has a really creative eye and I love how unique our photos turned out. She captured so many things I missed during our wedding, including our parents' faces during the ceremony, close-up shots of our rings being passed around during our ring warming and tons of shots of our decor. She also took a ton of really cute pictures of our pug, which I loved seeing! I would attach my entire album here if I could, I love each and every picture!

We got our wedding photos a little earlier than expected, and a few months later we got the cutest little wooden box with some prints and a personalized note from Barbara.

I can't say enough about how wonderful Barbara is, she completely surpassed my expectations and was a total dream to work with! She's super fun and down-to-earth. Her and her assistant even busted some moves on the dance floor during our wedding! Our pictures turned out AMAZING and I know we're going to appreciate them more and more as the years go on. I'm so happy we chose Barbara to capture our day!

Thanks again Barbara!!!

Barbara O Photography 18
    Barbara O Photography 19
    Barbara O Photography 20

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Jessica, thank you so much for your review!! I had such a great time exploring that mountain top and waterfall in the fog with you and loved documenting your wedding. Epic skies that day!! :) Thanks for all the kind words! Love you guys.

Miranda · Married on 09/01/2018

Barbara Oliveira is a Dream

I can't even begin to tell you how vital Barbara and her assistant, Tara, were to our wedding experience. Not only are we still talking about Barbara 6 months post-wedding, but our wedding guests are constantly telling us that we had an amazing photographer. She was so easy to work with, from start to finish, and the photos speak for themselves. I can relive our entire day looking at her photos and I highly recommend splurging and ordering the photo album. She takes so many candid and small detail shots that I feel like I won't forget a single detail, even 20 years from now. Getting your photo taken can feel so uncomfortable but Barbara has such a glowing, free spirited, kind presence that you forget about the lens and you just feel like you're hanging out with a friend.

Sent on 03/29/2019
    Barbara O Photography 27
    Barbara O Photography 28
    Barbara O Photography 29

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Giiiirl!! You are so sweet! Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate you so much. Your wedding was everything that a photographer could ask for. All the amazing well-thought diy details, the color palette, the free spirited in love and beautiful couple, the fun and chilled crowd,...so Thank You for choosing me! Love you guys!

Brian · Married on 08/18/2018

Barbara was amazing. I’m someone who normally hates having my picture taken, and she made the whole experience painless and stress free. She’s great at her job, and we couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

So happy to hear that, Brian. That means so much to me! Anna kept telling me how surprised she was that you did so well in the photo session. Ha! :) That's so great!! Hope Colorado is treating you well.

Anna · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful experience. Barbara is professional and down to earth. She is also a happy spirit and provides great results. She is a gem. You will absolutely love working with her.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Aaawww. Thanks, Anna. YOU are a gem! :p
    That is so sweet. You made my heart smile. Thank you.

erica · Married on 08/11/2018

Wonderful photographer!!

Barbara photographed my wedding in August 2018. She was professional, so easy and fun to work with, you could tell she took pride in what she did, and the wedding photos came out fabulously. I have had so many compliments on the photos, she really does have a great eye. I could not have chosen a better photographer to capture the special day. I would definitely book her again or recommend her to friends!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Erica! Your words mean so much to me and I'm so happy you like your photos! Thanks girl :)

Leah · Married on 06/23/2018

Barbara was a total dream. She captured such beautiful moments, in a really unique way and we couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out. On top of the stunning photos she was a wonderful presence at our wedding-- such an awesome spirit!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Leah! I had a blessed documenting your wedding day and am so happy you liked how your photos turned out! Thank you for your review <3

Jingyi · Married on 05/06/2018

choose Barbra and capture your most unforgettable moments!

To briefly summarize it at first, I've had so many vendors in my wedding that happened this May, I do appreciate most of them and their good works that have made my wedding so successful but I had to say Barbra is the best of the best! For any important events that I'll be holding in my life in the US, I'll definitely talk to Barbra again.

It was not that easy to find her at the very beginning. I've chosen some independent photographers on instagram because I'm not a big fan of traditional wedding photos and I asked my husband to pick up one with me. For a lot of photographers, their portfolio doesn't look as great as what it was shown on instagram, but Barbra is definitely an exception. Her portfolio looks fantastic, very arty and very unique. My husband knows some basic knowledge of photography and the software such as photoshop and he said all her sample work is not even to get done and her basic knowledge and skills of visual art is very solid. We wanted to choose her but were considering that her price might be high because the work is too good, so I've sent emails to multiple photographers. Surprisingly, she gets the most reasonable price and she replies emails speedily. So we happily decided to have her as our wedding photographer.

It was the first time proven that our choice is a good one when she took our engagement photos in Chelsea, NY and sent back us the photos speedily. Her turnaround time was much faster than what we expected and the quality of work was extraordinary. All of our friends told us they are the best photos that they've ever seen us two have ever taken. Super sweet and natural.

Then of course during our wedding, we've got the most powerful, unforgettable, beautiful, romantic photos that all of the wedding couples wanted to have. It was such a fun working with her. She's so good at interacting with the couples, putting them at ease and capturing the most valuable moments. She also has the eyes of artists that can capture all of the beautiful details of your life or your surroundings that can be easily missed. We were very pleased by the photos and very appreciated all the works she and her assistant has done.

Even more than that, we've received a lot of wishes from her and printed out photos, USB, cards and everything. We were so touched and had to admit it was such a fortune that we've found her from a simple instagram post. It was such a fate that we've met her, and I hope she could be your fate too!

Choose Barbra and you won't regret!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

OMG Jingyi!! Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a sweet review. I had so much fun photographing your engagement in NYC and your wedding in NJ. I'd go to China to document more of you two in a heart bit. :) You two are amazing beings and I'm so happy you liked your photos!! Xoxo

Rebekah · Married on 04/28/2018

Barbara is honestly amazing. She is the sweetest person, and takes just, gorgeous pictures. A coworker of mine had gotten married about a year before I did, and was showing her wedding album to me. I just couldn't get over how incredibly stunning her photos were, and I knew instantly that I wanted to use the same photographer for my wedding. Barbara also did our engagement shoot. My husband and I always joked about not have any good photos together, and I was honestly blown away by how lovely our engagement photos were. We looked natural and comfortable, and there is just something about her photos that make them special. They aren't like regular "wedding photos" there's something special about them. Barbara a fabulous photographer and a truly lovely person, I would recommend her to literally anyone and everyone!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Girl, thank you so so so much for your kind review. I really enjoyed documenting a bit of your story together. You guys are so much fun and adorable together! I will never forget the epic butterfly and Mike describing it to you. Good laughs. Good times! Much love to you, my friends <3

Danielle · Married on 04/21/2018

There are NOT enough words to describe how absolutely amazing Barbara is. We live in Philadelphia, so our first time “meeting” was via FaceTime. Her humor, kindness, professionalism, and realness just spilled through the phone screen. We then met in Maryland for our engagement session, and this is when we fell in love with Barbara. She goes above and beyond for you (literally-she will lay on the edge of a cliff just to get the best angles). I left the engagement session telling my husband that “I want to be best friends with Barbara”. She’s that amazing! Barbara makes you feel like you’ve known each other for a long time- she is such a beautiful soul! On our wedding day in Philadelphia, we had a huge bridal party. Not always the easiest to work with, but Barbara made it happen and everything ran seamlessly. She captured our wedding beautifully and we cannot thank her enough. I’m still getting constant compliments on our wedding photos three months later. If you are looking for the best of the best in the photography world- look no further. Barbara is the one for you!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Girl!! Thank you so much for your review. It means so much to me. I loved every bit of time we spent together in your engagement and wedding day. You two are wodnerful people! The love is mutual :) I love you guys <3
  • Alex

Alex S · Married on 04/06/2018

Awesome photographer

Having Barbara take our wedding pictures was one of the best things about our wedding. She was creative, persistent in getting the shots she wanted, and completely on our side in terms of making us look as good - and capturing as much of the happiness - as possible on the big day. We had so much fun with her, and recommend her unreservedly.

Sent on 12/31/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Alex, thank you so much for leaving such a kind review. I really appreciate that. It was a huge pleasure to document your union. You two are beautiful souls! Thank you

Van · Married on 03/25/2018

Barbara is AMAZING!!!! We just got married a week ago and still living on a wedding high. Barbara, who lives in Maryland, traveled to Philadelphia to take our engagement and wedding pictures with absolutely no issues. She is so fun and easy to work with and she embraces all the love and romance in her pictures. Truly spectacular and I honestly think she needs to charge more for her services, her work is pure art. If you are in need a wedding photographer, SHE IS IT! Communicating with her was easy and like I keep mentioning she is SO easy to work with. She gives you direction for pictures but still is able to get the most natural pictures. You all are welcome in advance!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Van, thank you sooooo much for your review. It means the World to me. You guys are so amazing and I'm so happy I was able to document your day and a little bit of your story. Love you <3

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

Barbara was so easy to work with from the very beginning. We live out of state so it all started with a Skype, in which she shared personal details and recommendations which was so touching, we knew she was the one to shoot our special day. Every step from there fell into place, she was extremely flexible, reliable and stayed cool when I got flustered, WHEW! She even braved the freezing cold for my crazy outdoor shoot idea in grafitti alley! (30°!) Haha! What a trooper! We were in awe at how our photos turned out and that we got them back weeks before they were due. We would highly recommend her if you're looking for someone to capture your day perfectly.

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Barbara O Photography 30

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Jennifer and Kevin, thank you so much for your beautiful review. Your words mean so much to me. It was a huge honor to document such a special day and meet your children. Sending my love to all of you!!

Brittany · Married on 11/05/2017

Beautiful photography and beautiful person

Barbara is the best! Throughout the entire planning process she was super helpful and always available for any questions I had. She took the time to meet with me when we were first considering photographers, and I was immediately drawn to her sweet and funny personality. After we selected her as our photographer, she sent us the sweetest thank you present in the mail! On the day of the wedding you could tell she had taken the time to scout out locations ahead of time. All the backdrops were beautiful and the photos were fantastic. We waited around 8 weeks for all of our pictures to come back, but at my request she sent a couple family photos earlier so our parents could send out Christmas cards. Barbara has an amazing eye and will make you feel totally at ease on your big day. She is the best!

Sent on 01/06/2019

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Brittany and Kevin, thank you so much for your sweet words. I truly enjoyed photographing your wedding day. Everything was amazing! The venue, all the details, the people, and above it all you two! You're so great together and it was such an honor to document your love story. Xoxo

mICHELLE · Married on 10/28/2017

From the moment we met Barbara we knew she had to photograph our wedding. Her energy, love for love, and love of what she does was important to us. We absolutely love our pictures! I have no idea how she got around so fast for some of the pics and didn’t even see her for most of them which made them so natural ! Also when doing our session after the ceremony she was willing to do as many or little as we wanted . After being in so many weddings that was refreshing! A perfect mix of serious and candids. She is wonderful spirit who is an amazing photographer!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for writing such an amazing review. I really loved meeting you both right from the beginning and I'm so happy I got to document your wedding day. Love <3

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Barbara is the best! She is so talented and passionate about what she does. She can capture each picture in a way that is unique and memorable. If you are looking for a photographer who is artistic and who thinks outside of the box, she is the one! Not only she is super talented, she is the warmest and sweetest person ever! She makes you laugh and be comfortable so that you can really be yourself during the shoot. We were so lucky to have her on our special day. We love you Barbara!! xoxo

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Barbara O Photography 31
    Barbara O Photography 32
    Barbara O Photography 33

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Steph, thank you SO much for your sweet review. I loved hanging out with you guys in your engagement session and your wedding day. You two are really special and I'm so happy I was able to document such special day! <3

Shannon · Married on 10/07/2017

Barbara was recommended to us by our friends whose images were to DIE FOR!!! And, she did not disappoint! Her turnaround time was literally under 4 weeks (she estimated 6, so we were stoked!) and they look incredible. Everything I was looking for. She was also incredible to work with for us, our guests, our puppy, and our family. My husband's family speaks Spanish, and the fact that Barbara could speak to my mother-in-law in her native tongue really made the evening that much more special. :)

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Barbara O Photography 34
    Barbara O Photography 35
    Barbara O Photography 36
    Barbara O Photography 37
    Barbara O Photography 38
    Barbara O Photography 39

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Shannon, it makes me truly happy to read your words. You and Oscar are two beautiful souls and I'm lucky to have been part of such a small intimate ceremony. Thank you. Sending all my love to you and Santos, the lion =)

leah · Married on 09/02/2017

If I didnt marry my husband, I think I would have married Barbara after my experience with her. She captured our moment so perfectly, made everything so personal and was so wonderful to work with. Throughout the day it didnt feel like she was being intrusive and taking so many pictures yet in the end we received the album and had so many moments to choose from. She literally disappeared into the background and caught every wonderful moment that we can now re-live for the rest of our lives. I know our wedding was made more special because Barbara not only with her pictures but her wonderful and warm personality. At the end of everything, we definitely walked away with a friend.

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Barbara O Photography 40

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Leah and Adam, I cannot thank you enough for leaving me such a beautiful review. I loved being a part and photographing your intimate ceremony. You guys are really special!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Hope I can visit you soon in L.A.
    Sending all my love to you,
    B.