32 Reviews for Barbara O Photography

Albums (7)
Prints (6)
Liability Insurance (1)
32 Barbara O Photography Reviews

Barbara was so easy to work with from the very beginning. We live out of state so it all started with a Skype, in which she shared personal details and recommendations which was so touching, we knew she was the one to shoot our special day. Every step from there fell into place, she was extremely flexible, reliable and stayed cool when I got flustered, WHEW! She even braved the freezing cold for my crazy outdoor shoot idea in grafitti alley! (30°!) Haha! What a trooper! We were in awe at how our photos turned out and that we got them back weeks before they were due. We would highly recommend her if you're looking for someone to capture your day perfectly.

Photo for Barbara O Photography Review - Braving the cold! :)
Profile Picture Jennifer , 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

From the moment we met Barbara we knew she had to photograph our wedding. Her energy, love for love, and love of what she does was important to us. We absolutely love our pictures! I have no idea how she got around so fast for some of the pics and didn’t even see her for most of them which made them so natural ! Also when doing our session after the ceremony she was willing to do as many or little as we wanted . After being in so many weddings that was refreshing! A perfect mix of serious and candids. She is wonderful spirit who is an amazing photographer!

Profile Picture mICHELLE, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Barbara is the best! She is so talented and passionate about what she does. She can capture each picture in a way that is unique and memorable. If you are looking for a photographer who is artistic and who thinks outside of the box, she is the one! Not only she is super talented, she is the warmest and sweetest person ever! She makes you laugh and be comfortable so that you can really be yourself during the shoot. We were so lucky to have her on our special day. We love you Barbara!! xoxo

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Barbara was recommended to us by our friends whose images were to DIE FOR!!! And, she did not disappoint! Her turnaround time was literally under 4 weeks (she estimated 6, so we were stoked!) and they look incredible. Everything I was looking for. She was also incredible to work with for us, our guests, our puppy, and our family. My husband's family speaks Spanish, and the fact that Barbara could speak to my mother-in-law in her native tongue really made the evening that much more special. :)

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files

If I didnt marry my husband, I think I would have married Barbara after my experience with her. She captured our moment so perfectly, made everything so personal and was so wonderful to work with. Throughout the day it didnt feel like she was being intrusive and taking so many pictures yet in the end we received the album and had so many moments to choose from. She literally disappeared into the background and caught every wonderful moment that we can now re-live for the rest of our lives. I know our wedding was made more special because Barbara not only with her pictures but her wonderful and warm personality. At the end of everything, we definitely walked away with a friend.

Profile Picture leah, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Barbara did such a beautiful job, from our first interaction through to our personalized gallery and prints. She was so warm and sincere and made us feel comfortable. She captured the most beautiful moments from our day and then some and was so thoughtful throughout the whole process. From sharing recommendations to help with photo timeline, to spending time scouting our location and watching the light (for an outdoor wedding), she was so professional and so good that she was also able to let inspiration come to her in the moment for the best options for gorgeous photos. We had so much fun during our first look and she provided suggestions that felt very natural and real. She wrangled our large, busy families to get beautiful portraits and somehow everyone looked great and was actually smiling and looking at the camera. I was and am still very impressed with how comfortable she made us feel and how beautiful everything turned out. Barbara’s energy and loving spirit was felt throughout the day and we felt how genuinely passionate she was about capturing the magic of our day. I would recommend Barbara to anyone. The beauty of her work speaks for itself. Thank you, Barbara!!

Profile Picture Kara, 7/8/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Prints

Barbara made the big day simple and fun from the start. Very personable, and easy to get along with. The pictures from the wedding day were amazing and so thoughtful. I would recommend her to anyone.

Profile Picture Daniella, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I feel so lucky that we found Barbara! We were first drawn to her remarkable work--she has an amazing eye. Aesthetically, I knew that I could trust her to capture the day perfectly. And she did: the photos are absolutely beautiful. On top of that, she is such a warm person and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She has my highest possible recommendation!

Profile Picture Nadia, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints

Barbara was such an important part of our wedding day, and we could not have been happier with her photography, her service, her professionalism, and her lovely personality.

We had our engagement shoot in Philly and our wedding in Delaware, and Barbara had not been to either location before. We were prepared to suggest some locations in Philly for our shoot, but Barbara scouted the city out the night before and had so many good ideas of where we should go. We let her lead the way, and we're so glad we did. She picked the best areas for pictures- little alleys and buildings that might be overlooked by passers-by, but she found the beauty in them. We really got to know Barbara during our engagement shoot, and she made us feel so comfortable. She even spent longer with us than we had planned to that day, and accommodated our outfit changes while waiting patiently :)

The day of our wedding, Barbara and her assistant were amazing. We stuck to our planned timeline, but she was also super flexible with any of our requests. Our photos turned out beautifully, and she captured the essence and emotion of our day perfectly. We even got our photos only two weeks after our wedding! Her photography is so unique and distinctly her own style, nothing else compares. No cheesy wedding photography here. I honestly can't wait to have another excuse to have photos taken so that we can book her again. Barbara is amazing, I cannot recommend her enough, and anyone who books her for wedding photography is extremely lucky! You will have the most amazing memories beautifully captured and also a new friend :)

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Barbara was highly recommended by a work colleague, and, from the moment I met her, I knew we had made the right decision in contacting her to be our wedding photographer.

It goes without saying by looking at her portfolio, Barbara has an eye for capturing the moment in a genuine way, which was just what we were looking for. From our engagement photos to the wedding, Barbara had the vision to capture the perfect photographs. She even took the time to visit the locations we had suggested for our engagement photos ahead of time to find ideal, not so widely-known areas to ensure our photos were unique to us.

Barbara is also one of the most genuine, kind-hearted individuals I have met. She had our best interest at heart throughout the process. For example, Barbara suggested my husband and I take a brief 5-10 minutes together (alone) immediately following our ceremony to celebrate our marriage.

Barbara was very flexible, communicative, and easy to work with. When a storm hit on our first scheduled engagement photo session, Barbara communicated with us ahead of time that we should reschedule, and was able to coordinate a re-shoot that took into consideration my husband's limited schedule.

My husband and I were so pleased to get our wedding photos less than 2 weeks after our event. We spent hours looking at the beautiful images that Barbara captured, re-living each moment as we reviewed them.

It would take an entire novel to capture all of the reasons why Barbara was the most amazing wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Neither my husband or I are photogenic. We have about 10 years of photographs to prove it.

Yet, after his sister’s wedding, in the flurry of stunning photos from that day, there were these gorgeous shots of my now husband and I dancing and laughing with one another unaware that we were caught on camera. Barbara didn’t take just beautiful photos of the bride and groom that day. She gave that same attention to detail to every aspect of their wedding from the venue to the guests, including a couple, spinning around the dance floor.

Once we were engaged, we looked at vendors, saw their portfolios and they all had the kinds of pictures a bride wants. However, there was something missing. I kept looking back to that photo of us, as guests at a wedding, and somehow Barbara captured a fleeting moment that was just between him and I. That’s the kind of person you want with you on your wedding day. The kind of photographer that doesn’t just take a pretty picture, someone that captures that twinge of gleeful anxiety while you wait, the flood of joy when you see one another for the first time and the soft smiles you share when you think no one is looking.

My husband and I are still unphotogenic. But, now we have 1000 pictures that disprove it.

Photos
Profile Picture Danielle, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

In our search for a wedding photographer we reviewed several portfolios, most consisted only of engagement and wedding portraits. It was Barbara's art portfolio that really struck us and left us in awe. We knew we wanted photos involving graffiti walls in an industrial area. During our initial meeting via Skype Barbara came off as a personable and jovial spirit. After a discussion about what we wanted to focus on for the photoshoot, we knew we had found the right photographer. Our wedding was filled with love and happiness. The ceremony was in an unusual venue and our wedding guests were from all walks of life. Barbara managed to capture all of the glittery-ness and fuzzy, warm feelings. She has an eye for all things romantic and fantastical (or whimsical). We were having so much fun with the post-ceremony photoshoot we could have gone on for hours; but, alas, our wedding guests were waiting at the reception across town so we had to say our goodbyes. We were sent a teaser pic that same weekend, and then had all of our edited photos within the next two weeks! I highly recommend Barbara for anyone wanting intimate photos that beautifully capture natural expressions of love.

Profile Picture Linda, 1/15/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Barbara is an absolute gem!! We are extremely happy that we found her to document our little elopement wedding. She is so warm and personable and best of all, her work is top-notch! It was our first ever photo shoot and Barbara made us feel relaxed and at ease. We got our photos when it was promised and best of all, they are absolutely wonderful! Her style and editing is so crisp and beautiful and her photos are a true work of art. She captured our day so beautifully, not a moment was missed!! *Our most favorite photos are the unexpected ones that she captured candidly, so if you are like us who has never done a photo shoot ever, you are in good hands because she will make you look your best!!*

Barbara truly has an eye for photography. We are very grateful and thankful of the work she's done for us!!! I strongly recommend trusting her on your big day.... she is an incredible person and an amazing photographer!! You will be so happy you did!!!! :)

Profile Picture Marian, 11/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I feel so lucky to have found Barbara! It was clear from the beginning that our "tiny wedding" was in good hands. She paid attention to our style and special requests (like privacy and editing out a stain) and had a firm grasp on the things we felt to be important. The process was simple and Barbara not only gave us exactly what we wanted for our wedding photos, but she actually very much exceeded our expectations. The photos are stunningly beautiful and capture all of the details, happiness, excitement, and love of our wedding day. Today is a wash because I just can't stop looking at the online gallery. She made us look SO good!

The only thing more lovely than Barbara's work is Barbara herself. Even though we didn't meet her in person until the wedding day, I felt like I had known her forever; she put us at ease, and we trusted her completely. We thoroughly enjoyed Barbara's energy; she exudes kindness and adoration, and I felt that she cared just as much about our wedding as we did. True story: I had forgotten hair pins to affix my headpiece. Barbara very graciously took the pins out of her own hair and gave them to me, therefore going above and beyond. Our guests loved her, too, and so did our Best Dog. I can't imagine working with any other photographer.

Profile Picture April, 10/30/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Bárbara was absolutely incredible - she was able to capture how magical our day was in the candid but stunning style we were looking for. She was above and beyond our hopes and expectations. She was able to keep us on track without making us feel pushed around. She made everyone feel comfortable - the picture taking process was natural but she made sure to get the shots we wanted. She is very professional and friendly. Absolutely recommended.

Profile Picture Kirsten, 10/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Barbara did our engagement and wedding photos and we absolutely loved them. She is very artistic and has an amazing eye for detail and to capture wonderful photos. I would highly recommend her! She is such a kind and friendly person and she puts her heart into creating memories for those she photographs. I have had many, many compliments from our photos and we have so many favorites that we adore. Barbara created a wonderful album for us. She is a wonderful person and an awesome photographer. Will definitely use her for any future photo related things in our future.

Profile Picture Colleen, 10/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Barbara is an amazing and talented photographer. Her work is breathtaking! She is wonderful to work with, and after our first meeting we knew we could trust her to capture our day perfectly. Working with her was the easiest and best part of planning our wedding. She is incredibly creative and no matter what venue you have, she will figure out the best way to make your day extraordinary. Do yourself a favor and check our her phenomenal work, as words really can't do it justice.

Profile Picture Cate, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot recommend Barbara more - she did a fantastic job with our tiny, unconventional restaurant wedding in DC. She perfectly and unobtrusively captured our intimate ceremony, grabbed stunning portraits, and was a delight to work with. During our post-ceremony portraits, she did a great job directing us and captured gorgeous shots of us, making creative use of the city backdrop - one of our favorite photos is a picture of us on a busy street corner with brightly painted DC rowhouses in the background. Barbara's artistic touch is present in every photo and we loved the color, tone, and dreamlike quality her post-processing choices lent to our final portraits. Our friends and family couldn't stop talking about how gorgeous the photos were! Truly works of art.

In planning, Barbara was super responsive via email and phone, and addressed any concerns we had. After our wedding, she sent us a sneak peak just two days later, and we had access to the full digital photo set right when she said she'd get them to us. She also mailed us a lovely package with some complimentary prints and a VERY cool flash drive (wooden, shaped like a business card, with a wedding portrait printed on it!) with all our photos. Her service and products were top-notch and if we had to do it all again, we'd choose Barbara in a heartbeat. Thank you again!

Profile Picture User7557164, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am so thrilled with Barbara's work at our wedding! She is very friendly and we felt comfortable with her right away when we met for coffee to discuss our wedding plans. I love Barbara's attention to detail, editing style, and how well organized and calming she was day-of. I love how natural our photos look - even the group and family portraits have a relaxed feel to them that I'm so happy with. Barbara was very discreet at our wedding too, blended in with our guests, but still got all the important shots we wanted and then some. She delivered our finished photos quickly, and beautifully presented.

Given the importance we place on photos (and how picky I am about them!), choosing a photographer was definitely the most stressful part of wedding planning but I am so thankful I found Barbara! Barbara is a highly skilled photographer, very professional, and an overall beautiful person that I would absolutely recommend to other couples!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Prints

Barbara is an incredible photographer, and she was a breath of fresh air to be around on our wedding day. Not only are her photos wonderful, but she was such a kind and gentle personality to interact with - my 96 year old grandmother loved her too! (I think it is important to mention this because unfortunately some wedding vendors can be very rude and abrasive -- Barbara was none of those things and was a delight) We did a first look and she was great to work with then and throughout the event. At times it felt like she wasn't even there during the ceremony and reception, which I realized afterwards is an incredible tool to have as a photographer! We've already gotten a glimpse of her photos from our wedding and we can't wait to see the rest of the batch. We feel very lucky that we booked her for our wedding day -- highest of recommendations!! Thank you, Barbara!

Profile Picture Malia, 8/27/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Barbara not only did my wedding my sisters as well. She also did our engagement session prior to our big day. Barbara is so fun , personable and has a great eye to capture the sweetest moments. She made me and my husband feel and look better than we ever have could imagined on our big day. It was so hot the day of our engagement shoot and wedding day but i wasn't worried about the photos because i knew Barbara would make us look great and she DELIVERED! Her style is so crisp and she has this great eye for light and movement. She made what could be an awkward experience so easy and fun. Please use Barbara for your next wedding / engagement shoot, she is so wonderful and i can't say enough good things!

Profile Picture Maureen, 8/13/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

Barbara was the most amazing photographer we could've possibly had. She is so nice, and has the most warming and comforting personality. Her photography and editing style cannot be beat. We used her for our engagement session and wedding and were blown away by both! very quick turnover time of product. Barbara is the best!

Profile Picture User5246215, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files

Arguably the most important vendor of any wedding, the photographer, I couldn’t be more thankful that we found Barbara. Her style first captured our attention. We didn’t want the ‘traditional’ style of wedding photography, with harsh flash lighting and structured poses. Rather, we we’re seeking someone to capture the ‘feeling’ of our day, which was the most important thing we wanted to portray from all of our vendors. Barbara was able to do this so effortlessly and seamlessly. In addition to capturing our wedding day, Barbara also took our breathtaking engagement photos, which we are so fortunate for. I would be more than confident in recommending Barbara to anyone for their photography needs, and I’m confident we will be using Barbara again in the future.

Profile Picture Eric, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I highly recommend having Barbara shoot your special day! She was our wedding photographer and we couldn't have felt more at ease with her on such a happy but at times stressful day. She planned the entire shoot out perfectly. She even surprised us with a gorgeous secret location she had scouted out prior to the big day. It was such a beautiful experience. Her composition is beautiful and she captured all the special intimate moments that we'll treasure looking back on. She was right there with us the whole time behind the lens with her warm energy and giving spirit. I can't say enough good things about our experience with Barbara!

Profile Picture Devon, 6/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

Barbara was an absolute pleasure to work with! She has an eye for great photos, made us feel completely at ease and is very easy to communicate with. She was friendly and unobtrusive during the event. She is fun and easygoing - a true professional. Our pictures turned out amazing! We can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Kaylan, 5/29/16, 1 Review