Barbara O Photography Reviews

Barbara O Photography 6
Barbara O Photography 7

Christine McFarlane · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Talented and Delightful!

I had the pleasure of working with Barbara this past summer and it was an absolute delight from start to finish, and then some! As a planner, I always love when the photographer is in the touch with every step of the process to ensure the day of runs smoothly. Barbara arrived early the day of to scout locations for portraits and ensured all the B+G's wants and needs were met with pictures before the end of the night. Post wedding, she provided stunning images in a remarkable amount of time. Some images look straight out of a bridal magazine! I look forward to working together again soon!

Brian · Married on 08/18/2018

Barbara was amazing. I’m someone who normally hates having my picture taken, and she made the whole experience painless and stress free. She’s great at her job, and we couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

So happy to hear that, Brian. That means so much to me! Anna kept telling me how surprised she was that you did so well in the photo session. Ha! :) That's so great!! Hope Colorado is treating you well.

Anna · Married on 08/18/2018

Wonderful experience. Barbara is professional and down to earth. She is also a happy spirit and provides great results. She is a gem. You will absolutely love working with her.

Sent on 09/28/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Aaawww. Thanks, Anna. YOU are a gem! :p That is so sweet. You made my heart smile. Thank you.

erica · Married on 08/11/2018

Wonderful photographer!!

Barbara photographed my wedding in August 2018. She was professional, so easy and fun to work with, you could tell she took pride in what she did, and the wedding photos came out fabulously. I have had so many compliments on the photos, she really does have a great eye. I could not have chosen a better photographer to capture the special day. I would definitely book her again or recommend her to friends!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Erica! Your words mean so much to me and I'm so happy you like your photos! Thanks girl :)

Leah · Married on 06/23/2018

Barbara was a total dream. She captured such beautiful moments, in a really unique way and we couldn't be happier with how the photos turned out. On top of the stunning photos she was a wonderful presence at our wedding-- such an awesome spirit!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Leah! I had a blessed documenting your wedding day and am so happy you liked how your photos turned out! Thank you for your review <3

Jingyi · Married on 05/06/2018

choose Barbra and capture your most unforgettable moments!

To briefly summarize it at first, I've had so many vendors in my wedding that happened this May, I do appreciate most of them and their good works that have made my wedding so successful but I had to say Barbra is the best of the best! For any important events that I'll be holding in my life in the US, I'll definitely talk to Barbra again.

It was not that easy to find her at the very beginning. I've chosen some independent photographers on instagram because I'm not a big fan of traditional wedding photos and I asked my husband to pick up one with me. For a lot of photographers, their portfolio doesn't look as great as what it was shown on instagram, but Barbra is definitely an exception. Her portfolio looks fantastic, very arty and very unique. My husband knows some basic knowledge of photography and the software such as photoshop and he said all her sample work is not even to get done and her basic knowledge and skills of visual art is very solid. We wanted to choose her but were considering that her price might be high because the work is too good, so I've sent emails to multiple photographers. Surprisingly, she gets the most reasonable price and she replies emails speedily. So we happily decided to have her as our wedding photographer.

It was the first time proven that our choice is a good one when she took our engagement photos in Chelsea, NY and sent back us the photos speedily. Her turnaround time was much faster than what we expected and the quality of work was extraordinary. All of our friends told us they are the best photos that they've ever seen us two have ever taken. Super sweet and natural.

Then of course during our wedding, we've got the most powerful, unforgettable, beautiful, romantic photos that all of the wedding couples wanted to have. It was such a fun working with her. She's so good at interacting with the couples, putting them at ease and capturing the most valuable moments. She also has the eyes of artists that can capture all of the beautiful details of your life or your surroundings that can be easily missed. We were very pleased by the photos and very appreciated all the works she and her assistant has done.

Even more than that, we've received a lot of wishes from her and printed out photos, USB, cards and everything. We were so touched and had to admit it was such a fortune that we've found her from a simple instagram post. It was such a fate that we've met her, and I hope she could be your fate too!

Choose Barbra and you won't regret!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

OMG Jingyi!! Thank you so much for taking your time to write such a sweet review. I had so much fun photographing your engagement in NYC and your wedding in NJ. I'd go to China to document more of you two in a heart bit. :) You two are amazing beings and I'm so happy you liked your photos!! Xoxo

Rebekah · Married on 04/28/2018

Barbara is honestly amazing. She is the sweetest person, and takes just, gorgeous pictures. A coworker of mine had gotten married about a year before I did, and was showing her wedding album to me. I just couldn't get over how incredibly stunning her photos were, and I knew instantly that I wanted to use the same photographer for my wedding. Barbara also did our engagement shoot. My husband and I always joked about not have any good photos together, and I was honestly blown away by how lovely our engagement photos were. We looked natural and comfortable, and there is just something about her photos that make them special. They aren't like regular "wedding photos" there's something special about them. Barbara a fabulous photographer and a truly lovely person, I would recommend her to literally anyone and everyone!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Girl, thank you so so so much for your kind review. I really enjoyed documenting a bit of your story together. You guys are so much fun and adorable together! I will never forget the epic butterfly and Mike describing it to you. Good laughs. Good times! Much love to you, my friends <3

Danielle · Married on 04/21/2018

There are NOT enough words to describe how absolutely amazing Barbara is. We live in Philadelphia, so our first time “meeting” was via FaceTime. Her humor, kindness, professionalism, and realness just spilled through the phone screen. We then met in Maryland for our engagement session, and this is when we fell in love with Barbara. She goes above and beyond for you (literally-she will lay on the edge of a cliff just to get the best angles). I left the engagement session telling my husband that “I want to be best friends with Barbara”. She’s that amazing! Barbara makes you feel like you’ve known each other for a long time- she is such a beautiful soul! On our wedding day in Philadelphia, we had a huge bridal party. Not always the easiest to work with, but Barbara made it happen and everything ran seamlessly. She captured our wedding beautifully and we cannot thank her enough. I’m still getting constant compliments on our wedding photos three months later. If you are looking for the best of the best in the photography world- look no further. Barbara is the one for you!

Sent on 07/07/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Girl!! Thank you so much for your review. It means so much to me. I loved every bit of time we spent together in your engagement and wedding day. You two are wodnerful people! The love is mutual :) I love you guys <3

Van · Married on 03/25/2018

Barbara is AMAZING!!!! We just got married a week ago and still living on a wedding high. Barbara, who lives in Maryland, traveled to Philadelphia to take our engagement and wedding pictures with absolutely no issues. She is so fun and easy to work with and she embraces all the love and romance in her pictures. Truly spectacular and I honestly think she needs to charge more for her services, her work is pure art. If you are in need a wedding photographer, SHE IS IT! Communicating with her was easy and like I keep mentioning she is SO easy to work with. She gives you direction for pictures but still is able to get the most natural pictures. You all are welcome in advance!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Van, thank you sooooo much for your review. It means the World to me. You guys are so amazing and I'm so happy I was able to document your day and a little bit of your story. Love you <3

Jennifer · Married on 11/11/2017

Barbara was so easy to work with from the very beginning. We live out of state so it all started with a Skype, in which she shared personal details and recommendations which was so touching, we knew she was the one to shoot our special day. Every step from there fell into place, she was extremely flexible, reliable and stayed cool when I got flustered, WHEW! She even braved the freezing cold for my crazy outdoor shoot idea in grafitti alley! (30°!) Haha! What a trooper! We were in awe at how our photos turned out and that we got them back weeks before they were due. We would highly recommend her if you're looking for someone to capture your day perfectly.

Sent on 12/27/2017
    Barbara O Photography 8

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Jennifer and Kevin, thank you so much for your beautiful review. Your words mean so much to me. It was a huge honor to document such a special day and meet your children. Sending my love to all of you!!

mICHELLE · Married on 10/28/2017

From the moment we met Barbara we knew she had to photograph our wedding. Her energy, love for love, and love of what she does was important to us. We absolutely love our pictures! I have no idea how she got around so fast for some of the pics and didn’t even see her for most of them which made them so natural ! Also when doing our session after the ceremony she was willing to do as many or little as we wanted . After being in so many weddings that was refreshing! A perfect mix of serious and candids. She is wonderful spirit who is an amazing photographer!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for writing such an amazing review. I really loved meeting you both right from the beginning and I'm so happy I got to document your wedding day. Love <3

Stephanie · Married on 10/07/2017

Barbara is the best! She is so talented and passionate about what she does. She can capture each picture in a way that is unique and memorable. If you are looking for a photographer who is artistic and who thinks outside of the box, she is the one! Not only she is super talented, she is the warmest and sweetest person ever! She makes you laugh and be comfortable so that you can really be yourself during the shoot. We were so lucky to have her on our special day. We love you Barbara!! xoxo

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Barbara O Photography 9
    Barbara O Photography 10
    Barbara O Photography 11

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Steph, thank you SO much for your sweet review. I loved hanging out with you guys in your engagement session and your wedding day. You two are really special and I'm so happy I was able to document such special day! <3

Shannon · Married on 10/07/2017

Barbara was recommended to us by our friends whose images were to DIE FOR!!! And, she did not disappoint! Her turnaround time was literally under 4 weeks (she estimated 6, so we were stoked!) and they look incredible. Everything I was looking for. She was also incredible to work with for us, our guests, our puppy, and our family. My husband's family speaks Spanish, and the fact that Barbara could speak to my mother-in-law in her native tongue really made the evening that much more special. :)

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Barbara O Photography 12
    Barbara O Photography 13
    Barbara O Photography 14
    Barbara O Photography 15
    Barbara O Photography 16
    Barbara O Photography 17

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Shannon, it makes me truly happy to read your words. You and Oscar are two beautiful souls and I'm lucky to have been part of such a small intimate ceremony. Thank you. Sending all my love to you and Santos, the lion =)

leah · Married on 09/02/2017

If I didnt marry my husband, I think I would have married Barbara after my experience with her. She captured our moment so perfectly, made everything so personal and was so wonderful to work with. Throughout the day it didnt feel like she was being intrusive and taking so many pictures yet in the end we received the album and had so many moments to choose from. She literally disappeared into the background and caught every wonderful moment that we can now re-live for the rest of our lives. I know our wedding was made more special because Barbara not only with her pictures but her wonderful and warm personality. At the end of everything, we definitely walked away with a friend.

Sent on 09/28/2017
    Barbara O Photography 18

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Leah and Adam, I cannot thank you enough for leaving me such a beautiful review. I loved being a part and photographing your intimate ceremony. You guys are really special! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Hope I can visit you soon in L.A. Sending all my love to you, B.

Kara · Married on 07/08/2017

Barbara did such a beautiful job, from our first interaction through to our personalized gallery and prints. She was so warm and sincere and made us feel comfortable. She captured the most beautiful moments from our day and then some and was so thoughtful throughout the whole process. From sharing recommendations to help with photo timeline, to spending time scouting our location and watching the light (for an outdoor wedding), she was so professional and so good that she was also able to let inspiration come to her in the moment for the best options for gorgeous photos. We had so much fun during our first look and she provided suggestions that felt very natural and real. She wrangled our large, busy families to get beautiful portraits and somehow everyone looked great and was actually smiling and looking at the camera. I was and am still very impressed with how comfortable she made us feel and how beautiful everything turned out. Barbara’s energy and loving spirit was felt throughout the day and we felt how genuinely passionate she was about capturing the magic of our day. I would recommend Barbara to anyone. The beauty of her work speaks for itself. Thank you, Barbara!!

Sent on 10/06/2017
    Barbara O Photography 19
    Barbara O Photography 20
    Barbara O Photography 21
    Barbara O Photography 22
    Barbara O Photography 23
    Barbara O Photography 24

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Aww Kara, Thank you SO SO much for your kind words. I loved everything about your day and how welcoming and genuine everyone was. Plus it makes my heart quiver when I see two people like you, that obvious belong together! I feel so lucky that I was able to be a part of this! Love you guys! <3

Daniella · Married on 07/01/2017

Barbara made the big day simple and fun from the start. Very personable, and easy to get along with. The pictures from the wedding day were amazing and so thoughtful. I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 01/01/2018

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Daniella thank you so much for your words. I loved documenting your wedding. It was in a beautiful place and super relaxed! The love you guys have for each other is inspiring and it meant a lot to me to capture that. Happy 2018! Much love to you both!

Nadia · Married on 06/10/2017

I feel so lucky that we found Barbara! We were first drawn to her remarkable work--she has an amazing eye. Aesthetically, I knew that I could trust her to capture the day perfectly. And she did: the photos are absolutely beautiful. On top of that, she is such a warm person and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. She has my highest possible recommendation!

Nicole · Married on 05/12/2017

Barbara was such an important part of our wedding day, and we could not have been happier with her photography, her service, her professionalism, and her lovely personality.

We had our engagement shoot in Philly and our wedding in Delaware, and Barbara had not been to either location before. We were prepared to suggest some locations in Philly for our shoot, but Barbara scouted the city out the night before and had so many good ideas of where we should go. We let her lead the way, and we're so glad we did. She picked the best areas for pictures- little alleys and buildings that might be overlooked by passers-by, but she found the beauty in them. We really got to know Barbara during our engagement shoot, and she made us feel so comfortable. She even spent longer with us than we had planned to that day, and accommodated our outfit changes while waiting patiently :)

The day of our wedding, Barbara and her assistant were amazing. We stuck to our planned timeline, but she was also super flexible with any of our requests. Our photos turned out beautifully, and she captured the essence and emotion of our day perfectly. We even got our photos only two weeks after our wedding! Her photography is so unique and distinctly her own style, nothing else compares. No cheesy wedding photography here. I honestly can't wait to have another excuse to have photos taken so that we can book her again. Barbara is amazing, I cannot recommend her enough, and anyone who books her for wedding photography is extremely lucky! You will have the most amazing memories beautifully captured and also a new friend :)

• Allison

Allison · Married on 05/06/2017

Barbara was highly recommended by a work colleague, and, from the moment I met her, I knew we had made the right decision in contacting her to be our wedding photographer.

It goes without saying by looking at her portfolio, Barbara has an eye for capturing the moment in a genuine way, which was just what we were looking for. From our engagement photos to the wedding, Barbara had the vision to capture the perfect photographs. She even took the time to visit the locations we had suggested for our engagement photos ahead of time to find ideal, not so widely-known areas to ensure our photos were unique to us.

Barbara is also one of the most genuine, kind-hearted individuals I have met. She had our best interest at heart throughout the process. For example, Barbara suggested my husband and I take a brief 5-10 minutes together (alone) immediately following our ceremony to celebrate our marriage.

Barbara was very flexible, communicative, and easy to work with. When a storm hit on our first scheduled engagement photo session, Barbara communicated with us ahead of time that we should reschedule, and was able to coordinate a re-shoot that took into consideration my husband's limited schedule.

My husband and I were so pleased to get our wedding photos less than 2 weeks after our event. We spent hours looking at the beautiful images that Barbara captured, re-living each moment as we reviewed them.

It would take an entire novel to capture all of the reasons why Barbara was the most amazing wedding photographer!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Allison, thank you so so much for your kind words. It was a real pleasure to photograph and be a part of your wedding day! You guys are a beautiful couple and I'm so happy for you. <3

Danielle · Married on 03/25/2017

Neither my husband or I are photogenic. We have about 10 years of photographs to prove it.

Yet, after his sister’s wedding, in the flurry of stunning photos from that day, there were these gorgeous shots of my now husband and I dancing and laughing with one another unaware that we were caught on camera. Barbara didn’t take just beautiful photos of the bride and groom that day. She gave that same attention to detail to every aspect of their wedding from the venue to the guests, including a couple, spinning around the dance floor.

Once we were engaged, we looked at vendors, saw their portfolios and they all had the kinds of pictures a bride wants. However, there was something missing. I kept looking back to that photo of us, as guests at a wedding, and somehow Barbara captured a fleeting moment that was just between him and I. That’s the kind of person you want with you on your wedding day. The kind of photographer that doesn’t just take a pretty picture, someone that captures that twinge of gleeful anxiety while you wait, the flood of joy when you see one another for the first time and the soft smiles you share when you think no one is looking.

My husband and I are still unphotogenic. But, now we have 1000 pictures that disprove it.

Sent on 11/12/2017
    Barbara O Photography 32
    Barbara O Photography 33
    Barbara O Photography 34

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Girl, that's so sweet of you. Thank you so so much! Once I saw your connection at Elissa's wedding, I just fell in love with you two right away. Your love for each other is inspiring and Im so grateful that I got to capture your story and so many important moments in your family. <3 Xoxo

Linda · Married on 01/15/2017

In our search for a wedding photographer we reviewed several portfolios, most consisted only of engagement and wedding portraits. It was Barbara's art portfolio that really struck us and left us in awe. We knew we wanted photos involving graffiti walls in an industrial area. During our initial meeting via Skype Barbara came off as a personable and jovial spirit. After a discussion about what we wanted to focus on for the photoshoot, we knew we had found the right photographer. Our wedding was filled with love and happiness. The ceremony was in an unusual venue and our wedding guests were from all walks of life. Barbara managed to capture all of the glittery-ness and fuzzy, warm feelings. She has an eye for all things romantic and fantastical (or whimsical). We were having so much fun with the post-ceremony photoshoot we could have gone on for hours; but, alas, our wedding guests were waiting at the reception across town so we had to say our goodbyes. We were sent a teaser pic that same weekend, and then had all of our edited photos within the next two weeks! I highly recommend Barbara for anyone wanting intimate photos that beautifully capture natural expressions of love.

Marian · Married on 11/21/2016

Barbara is an absolute gem!! We are extremely happy that we found her to document our little elopement wedding. She is so warm and personable and best of all, her work is top-notch! It was our first ever photo shoot and Barbara made us feel relaxed and at ease. We got our photos when it was promised and best of all, they are absolutely wonderful! Her style and editing is so crisp and beautiful and her photos are a true work of art. She captured our day so beautifully, not a moment was missed!! *Our most favorite photos are the unexpected ones that she captured candidly, so if you are like us who has never done a photo shoot ever, you are in good hands because she will make you look your best!!*

Barbara truly has an eye for photography. We are very grateful and thankful of the work she's done for us!!! I strongly recommend trusting her on your big day.... she is an incredible person and an amazing photographer!! You will be so happy you did!!!! :)

Sent on 12/22/2016

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Marian, thank you so much for your sweet words. It was a huge pleasure to photograph your intimate elopement! I had such a wonderful time. Your and Ben are such amazing people and your family super special. Thank you!

April · Married on 10/30/2016

My husband and I feel so lucky to have found Barbara! It was clear from the beginning that our "tiny wedding" was in good hands. She paid attention to our style and special requests (like privacy and editing out a stain) and had a firm grasp on the things we felt to be important. The process was simple and Barbara not only gave us exactly what we wanted for our wedding photos, but she actually very much exceeded our expectations. The photos are stunningly beautiful and capture all of the details, happiness, excitement, and love of our wedding day. Today is a wash because I just can't stop looking at the online gallery. She made us look SO good!

The only thing more lovely than Barbara's work is Barbara herself. Even though we didn't meet her in person until the wedding day, I felt like I had known her forever; she put us at ease, and we trusted her completely. We thoroughly enjoyed Barbara's energy; she exudes kindness and adoration, and I felt that she cared just as much about our wedding as we did. True story: I had forgotten hair pins to affix my headpiece. Barbara very graciously took the pins out of her own hair and gave them to me, therefore going above and beyond. Our guests loved her, too, and so did our Best Dog. I can't imagine working with any other photographer.

Sent on 12/02/2016

Barbara O Photography's reply:

April, thank you SO much for your sweet words. I absolutely loved photographing your intimate wedding. It was a beautiful day and I'm so honored to have been there. Much love to you, Brandan and to the best of the bestest Kilroy <3

Kirsten · Married on 10/28/2016

Bárbara was absolutely incredible - she was able to capture how magical our day was in the candid but stunning style we were looking for. She was above and beyond our hopes and expectations. She was able to keep us on track without making us feel pushed around. She made everyone feel comfortable - the picture taking process was natural but she made sure to get the shots we wanted. She is very professional and friendly. Absolutely recommended.

Sent on 12/09/2016

Barbara O Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Kirsten. You and Andrew made my job really easy. You are truly perfect for each other and I'm so happy I was able to capture such a beautiful day. Love to you <3
  • Colleen

Colleen · Married on 10/16/2016

Barbara did our engagement and wedding photos and we absolutely loved them. She is very artistic and has an amazing eye for detail and to capture wonderful photos. I would highly recommend her! She is such a kind and friendly person and she puts her heart into creating memories for those she photographs. I have had many, many compliments from our photos and we have so many favorites that we adore. Barbara created a wonderful album for us. She is a wonderful person and an awesome photographer. Will definitely use her for any future photo related things in our future.