Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment Reviews

39 | Vestal, NY

39 Reviews for Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment

39 Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment Reviews

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2018

Barb Fox is an amazing DJ! She did our wedding and she was so professional, so personable and a pleasure to work with! We also selected to do the purple up-lights she has and they really made the reception look AMAZING! Totally worth it and we’re so glad we did the lights! Barb played all the songs we requested and she was on top of everything! The DJ is the one who hosts the wedding and makes sure we stay on a schedule of what to do next! Barb nailed it! We’re so pleased with her services. And HIGHLY recommend Barb Fox!

• Brianna

Brianna · Married on 10/06/2018

Barb Fox is absolutely incredible and was a HUGE part of making my wedding the best day ever!! She did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. Each event was better than the last! She was immensely helpful with planning the wedding, especially our reception timeline. She answers emails extremely quickly and was very accommodating with meeting in person or over the phone, which I always appreciated as a detail oriented bride! She plays the perfect balance of dancey music, slow songs and group dances. I may be biased because it was my own wedding, but I have never been to a better dance party at a reception. She even checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I was happy! When my husband's grandma requested that she play the hokey pokey, she got everyone at the wedding on the dance floor to participate and it was HILARIOUS - most definitely a highlight of the night!! I can't imagine that the wedding would have been as perfect without Barb guiding it. All of our guests are raving about the great night they had and I know it is surely in part to the wonderful reception Barb helped us throw. We cannot thank Barb enough for her amazing work and hospitality! Future brides reading this - YOU NEED BARB AT YOUR WEDDING!

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/08/2018

Barb is a Rockstar

We picked Barb after talking to quite a few DJs. We were having a barn wedding and I wanted someone who would not become overbearing when the dance floor was empty because guests were at a bonfire outside or playing a lawn game. She totally got it and we had such a great conversation on the phone I booked her right away. She also helped me design the flow of the ceremony. It was a week before and I was freaking out a bit and we got it done together on the phone. She’s laid back enough to roll with it but she was on it to keep us on time (at one point she even helped me bustle my dress!). Her cocktail hour playlist was amazing having some of our favorite bands. Her dinner set also was amazing everything we talked about was covered. She read the crowd so well and the dance floor was full. We had the best time and people keep talking about how wonderful she was. Her personality is key. You feel comfortable in her hands and don’t have to worry about anything.

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 1

Katie · Married on 08/18/2018

Barb was the DJ at my daughter’s wedding on 8-18-18. I have had the opportunity to work with Barb at a couple weddings and when my daughter announced she was getting married, I knew right away that Barb was the best DJ for her wedding. Barb is professional, fun and knows how to get the guests dancing. Her experience allows her to be prepared for anything. It had rained for days prior to my daughters outside wedding and the ground was a saturated and a muddy mess. Barb not only made sure the music was perfect, she also made sure my daughter and son-in-law were having a good time and taken care of. As the Mother of the Bride one thing that I appreciate is that Barb is genuine and caring. Once the wedding was done and over she still continued to care about how the couple was. I would highly recommend Barb. You will not be disappointed.

Kali · Married on 08/17/2018

I would not have wanted any other DJ to work with other than Barb! She is so up beat and friendly. She knows how to keep a party going and keep everyone entertained! I have seen her work other weddings and she never gets boring. I would highly recommend looking into her services!!

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2018

Barb was recommended to us by our reception location and I am so glad she is who we chose. Barb is an exceptional DJ and kept people on the dance floor all night. Barb provided the music at our ceremony as well as a microphone for our minister. I have Barb an idea of what time of music we liked and she was able to pick out songs for our introductions and at the end of the ceremony that matched our style. I had provided a list of requests from our guests and she was able to fit in many of those songs. Barb does an excellent job of keeping the talking to a minimum and just letting the music play through out the night.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Lindsey, thanks so much -- it was great meeting you and your husband, plus all your fun friends! Thanks again for having me -- it really was my pleasure! :)

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2018

Barb was incredible! I was maid of honor for my friend's Nicole and Andy's wedding. For the speeches we (Bride tribe) did a SURPRISE karaoke concert medley. Barb went above and beyond for my friend Jeff and I to be successful. We chatted with her a few days before, she checked in with us prior to the day and during the big day! She was great! When it came to dancing she played awesome tunes all night long! It was an incredible party, a perfect day for our friends and Barb was a huge part of making the day fun, stress free and memorable! I really enjoyed working with her and partying with her. I highly recommend her!

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

Barb DJ’d our wedding on 6/30/18 and we can’t recommend her highly enough! We gave Barb a list of songs for pre-ceremony, processional and recessional that she was able to accommodate easily. We gave her general genres for cocktail hour and dinner music that she picked great selections for. We threw a wrench at her by having our reception outdoors for a typically indoor venue and she pulled it off without a hitch! She also worked with our bridal party to put a collaboration of songs together as part of their karaoke tribute to us that was the hit of dinner and kicked our night off properly. We left control of the music selection for the reception completely to Barb for her to change up based on the crowd and their reactions. Our dance floor was PACKED from the first song to the last. By song 2 I knew we were in great hands and had to make eye contact and give her a silent “thank you, you’re the best!!!!” She also served as time keeper when we got caught up following pictures and again when we were caught up chatting after dinner with a gentle “time to go, this way please.” Trust Barb with your music and as an MC!!! You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 2
    Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 3

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Nicole - you and Andy were the best! It was such a pleasure to meet you both and to DJ the day for you. And wow -- possibly the best ceremony I have ever EVER seen! (Stevie may want to hire himself out!) Everyone was just great -- I loved helping Melissa and Jeff with their performance, they were incredible! (I think I should hire THEM to come with me to every wedding to perform!) Thanks so much for the kind words -- it really was my pleasure. My very best wishes to both of you...... Barb

Megan · Married on 06/16/2018

Barb was so great to work with. Wedding planning was really not my thing, but she helped me through the process and really understood what I was looking for. She knew the kind of music my guests wanted to hear and people were dancing all night! I can't say enough great things. I had always wanted a band for my wedding, but decided to go with a DJ and choosing Barb I had absolutely no regrets. The music and her MC skills were spot on!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Megan! It was so much fun -- your guests were great -- I wasn't sure if everyone would dance, because it was so hot, but that definitely didn't stop anyone! Best of luck to you guys -- it was wonderful meeting you! Thanks for letting me be a part of such a special day. :)

Karla · Married on 09/16/2017

Barb Fox saved our wedding! We were planning to do our music ourselves, but the owners of our venue turned out to be a complete nightmare, and we decided we needed some professional assistance with the music and the general flow of our wedding. We found Barb through a referral and - lucky for us - she'd just had a cancellation for the date of our wedding. Barb offered to deal directly with the very difficult venue owner, who was insisting that we pay a friend of the venue to set up sound equipment, even though we'd hired a DJ (Barb) who had her own equipment. Barb was able to convince the venue owner to let her use her own equipment, which cleared up a major headache for us. Barb also helped advise us on the timing of songs, dances, speeches, etc. (which our venue was supposed to help with but didn't). She took all of our song suggestions and also did a wonderful job filling out our list. She made announcements but was never cheesy. The music ran flawlessly for both the ceremony and the reception (and I should point out that we were in a very rural location, ceremony outside and reception in a barn). Our guests loved Barb and had a great time on the dance floor! Barb took requests and kept everything moving expertly. And knowing that someone had my back and was making sure the wedding ran smoothly when our venue owners (who also did not allow outside wedding planners) failed to do so was priceless. Thank you, Barb!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Oh, Karla -- you and Josh were SO easy to work with! Thank you so much for such lovely words. I loved your wedding, and your guests -- they were so much fun! My very best wishes to both of you. :) Barb

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

Barb is THE BEST! My husband and I could not be happier with the service she provided for us. Barb is professional, experienced, personable and funny! I never met with Barb before our wedding because we were planning from out of state but hiring her was one of the easiest decisions I made. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone her personality came through and I knew she was our DJ. My guests and I couldn’t stop dancing the night away.... it was hit after hit! Barb was an absolute pleasure to work with and we will forever be greatful for the amazing job she did!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Amanda, Thanks so much! Of course, you guys made my job pretty easy by being so easy to work with, and having such fun-loving guests! It was SO much fun! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. :) Barb

Brittany · Married on 08/12/2017

Barb DJ'ed my best friend's wedding for which I was maid of honor. I've been to A LOT of weddings - this year in particular - and Barb was my favorite DJ by far. She has the excellent ability to read a crowd, a plethora of diverse yet perfect songs for events, and an excellent personality with which to host events like these. More than this, she was exceptionally pleasant to work with. I will absolutely be hiring her for my wedding (should I ever actually get married).

Sent on 08/14/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Brittany, (or should I say "Brittelle?) -- Thank you so much for such kind words! I thought you all were fabulous -- holy cats! Such dancers! :) And I hope that you DO "ever actually" get married, so I can do your wedding -- you are so much fun!!!! :) Take good care..... Barb

Jonathan · Married on 08/05/2017

Barb was amazing! She is truly a good project manager. She made sure she had every detail right for the wedding day. During the dancing, she also made sure that she had all of our genre choices. She played pop music in 40s theme for dinner, and early 200s R&B and motown, as well as current songs for the dancing (just as we requested). She made suggestions about changes to our wedding schedule, but she was never imposing. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants to have a fun wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Jonathan -- I have to admit, you guys made my job easy! You were so nice to work with, and your guests were a lot of fun -- omg, they were dancing up a storm! Thank you so much for having me, and best of luck to you both! :) ~~~ Barb

Jesse · Married on 06/25/2017

Barb Fox was the DJ and MC for our wedding and reception in June 2017. She also provided ceremony music, and uplighting for the reception venue. She worked with us to select music, and to figure out the timeline for the reception, including helping us figure out when toasts should be given, cake cut, and special dances happen. She incorporated some of our less danceable music preferences into music over dinner, and played fun, recognizable, danceable, and wedding-appropriate music based on our preferences during the reception. The uplighting added a nice touch to the venue, and the ceremony music was exactly what we requested. She had one equipment failure, but had spare equipment ready and quickly swapped in the spare for minimal disruption.

We were impressed with her professionalism, her ability to MC and run the show and work through small changes to the timeline, and her depth of knowledge and passion for music. Overall we were very pleased with her services.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Jesse, thanks so much -- it was my pleasure to DJ your wedding! Your friends and family were so nice and easy to work with -- I loved their requests! :) Thanks for having me, and best of luck to you both in your futures!

Hannah · Married on 05/27/2017

Barb is AMAZING!!! We were so thrilled to have her on our special day! She knows exactly what she's doing so you don't need to sweat a thing! Gets everyone involved, keeps the crowd entertained and moves smoothly throughout the night! She even has a few ideas to mix up those old traditions!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Hannah, for the kind words, and for having me DJ your wedding -- it was such a nice party -- your friends and family are all fantastic! Best of luck to you and Derek! :) Barb

Colleen · Married on 12/17/2016

I wholeheartedly recommend Barb Fox to anyone looking for a DJ for their event. We booked her for our wedding in December and I could not be more happy with the experience. She was pleasant and extremely helpful, from our initial contact right until the end of the night. Barb was invaluable when it came to scheduling and keeping the event functioning smoothly. In addition she provided some lovely uplighting that really added some nice ambiance to our event.

In terms of music, I could not have asked for a more professional or skilled DJ. She was able to accommodate every song request that came her way. Furthermore she was attentive in working with my fiance and I prior to the event to determine what we wanted to hear and what we wanted to avoid. Barb was truly vital in making our reception memorable. She engaged the audience throughout the evening, even friends and family who don't typically dance! It was a great night. In summation, if you are seeking a DJ for your event, you really cannot go wrong with Barb!

Sent on 01/13/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Colleen, thank you so much! You guys were great to work with, and your guests were all so much fun! Thanks again for having me, and best of luck to you both! :)
  • Y

Yudi · Married on 07/23/2016

Barb did a fantastic job in our wedding day! Before hiring her, I was a little worried that she couldn't handle "young people" in our wedding because I had bias for wedding DJ :p BUT I was absolutely 1000% wrong. Barb is the BEST! We had a mixed age of guests in our wedding but most of them are under 30. EVERYONE LOVED THE MUSIC! I had a group of girls who even took off their high heels to dance the whole night, and the next day they felt so exhausted and they complained that the music was too good to stop dancing. Not only did Barb do an excellent job in our wedding party, but also she nailed the whole wedding ceremony & dinner. My husband wanted to play something classy during our wedding dinner, and she did a great job! Our guests told us that the music was the best music selections they had heard in the wedding dinner: classy and simply awesome!

Barb was pretty sick prior to our wedding day, and we were worried that she couldn't make it. However, in our wedding day, she was super energetic and was so ready to make everyone happy despite of her sickness. My husband and I are very picky about music (both classic and pop music) but Barb has great taste in music and she is definitely one of the best Wedding DJ in the area! We highly recommend her to anyone who want to have awesome music and happy guests!

Michelle · Married on 07/16/2016

Barb Fox was the DJ for my daughter's wedding in July; she was great to work with and very professional. She has a vast knowledge of this business and will cater to your taste in music while making sure all of your guests are enjoying themselves. So many of our friends and family complimented us on the music and remarked on what a great time they had. We wanted the reception to be fun, and Barb played great songs and made it a party!

Julia · Married on 07/09/2016

I am so glad we hired Barb for our wedding reception. She was a great DJ, she was able to get people to dance that I did not expect to dance at our wedding. She came up with some creative ideas that made the reception exciting and unique. But beyond being the DJ, Barb helped our reception run as a whole. She went above and beyond what I would expect a DJ to do. When unexpected issues arose, Barb was right next to my friends and family to help make things run smoothly. At one point she was even clearing plates for the caterers. I am so grateful for her and all she did for us that day. I would highly recommend her to anyone in search of a DJ.

Kate · Married on 05/14/2016

Barb was great! She was super easy to work with and helped us with planning the reception! She went above and beyond her DJ duties and made sure we ate during the reception! She even brought glow sticks for the kids which they absolutely loved! Overall we were thrilled with Barb and she is hilarious! We would definitely recommend Barb to everyone!

Jackie · Married on 10/03/2015

Barb did an amazing job as a DJ for our wedding. My husband is Puerto Rican and we wanted a mix of contemporary and Latin music, and she did an excellent job playing each genera. She kept the dance floor moving all night long and played all of our "must play" favorites. She also played the music for our ceremony, which was a mix of live piano and violin and pre-recorded music, and that was great! She was very organized and kept the flow of the day and evening without us having to worry about a thing, which was very important to me. I highly recommend her!

James · Married on 09/12/2015

My wife and I couldn't be much happier for the service we received from Barb. Barb wasn't our first choice , our first dj back out three weeks before the wedding and never told us . Told my sister in law. So my sister in law referred us to Barb... We couldn't have been more happier that our first dj did that to us. Because we would have never met Barb. She is so amazing played what we asked and used her own judgement on this ,as in if people were not dancing to certain music changed it so that our dance floor was never empty. Barb also gave us ideas on others wedding to make it more fun and exciting .Barb got the crowd going , threw out light sticks which the kids loved. We can not say enough about Barb . We truly have nothing negative to say. What an amazing lady, dj. If you are looking for a dj for wedding call Barb. We will certainly use Barb for our next party!!!!!!!!!

Erin · Married on 08/08/2015

Barb was great to work with! She helped us a lot with planning our ceremony and reception and played a great mix of music.

brandy · Married on 07/25/2015

Barb was wonderful! We didn't have a lot if dancers at our wedding, but Barb came out and got everyone on the dance floor. All the children that were there had a blast with the glow toys she gave them. Choose Barb for your wedding dj. You won't be disappointed.