Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Nicole D. Getting married on 05/21/2022

Such a great experience

Barb was easy to work with and very helpful. I only requested a handful of songs to be played at our wedding and then I let Barb chose the rest of the music and she did any amazing job. She is the DJ you want If you want a Stress free night and someone who is approachable and easy to work with

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Nicole, you and Chris were (and are) so sweet! And ohmigosh, you two singing Queen and others .... was hysterical! Not sure if I can attach a video, but, if I can, I will -- it was great! Thank you so much for having me -- how am I so lucky to always get such fabulous brides and grooms???!!!! :)
  • Kaitlyn
    Kaitlyn G. Married on 09/18/2021

All You Could Ask for in a DJ/Emcee...And More!

Barb Fox is the epitome of an experienced professional. You will never feel like just another number with Barb, you can tell how much she truly cares about your event, and YOU! She works tirelessly to make sure not a single detail goes overlooked, and rolls with the punches to ensure everything goes off without a hitch, and on schedule!

I couldn't imagine having anyone else work our wedding, she adjusted accordingly when our catering was running a bit behind, and made sure we still fit everything into the evening that we told her we wanted! Not to mention she will keep your dance floor packed ALL NIGHT LONG! No one wanted the dancing to end, and she obliged us with numerous encores:)!

An industry expert through and through you will not find a sweeter, more caring, professional DJ/Emcee anywhere. You will never regret booking Barb Fox for your event, you can stop your searching now - you won't find better than her!!

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn, Kaitlyn.....omg, what an exhilarating experience! I absolutely LOVED doing your wedding! All the little extras that you wanted were just icing on the cake (no pun intended) to a perfect day, so there was no way I wasn't going to fit them in! Love you both, your friends and family were another crazy bunch--but those are thr guests that I love to work with! 😊😊💕💗
    Benson K. Married on 09/05/2021

Awesome DJ!

Not only did Barb do great as a DJ, she was also an awesome MC. She guided us through our wedding with ques and gently correcting where needed. She worked well with the other vendors throughout the day. She was flexible with our song choices and did a great job reading the crowd choosing great music to feed the vibe. Thanks Barb!!! Ben and Carin

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Ben and Carin -- we absolutely loved doing your wedding! You guys were easy to work with -- I really liked brainstorming with you both over details at our final meeting. And I fell in love with the venue -- wow! But best of all was meeting you both -- what a great couple you are (and great dancers, too!) Best to you (and maybe I'll run into you sometime in Puerto Rico!) ~ Barb
    Matthew C. Married on 08/21/2021

Pure Perfection!

From the 1st email to the phone calls and meeting Barb was amazing! Her enthusiasm and excitement is contagious. She is truly a part of your special day! We had an eclectic music list specific for many parts of our day and Barb was able to execute each of them flawlessly! She was in tune with the day and engaging throughout. She kept the party going! We could not recommend Barb more for your special day.

Matt,
    You and Christina are so adorable! I loved working with you guys--it was such a pleasure! As for your eclectic taste --I totally got it! (Trust me, as a DJ, my personal taste is extremely eclectic! 🤣🤣🤣)

My very best wishes to you both -- I love your story, you both are an inspiration!💗💕
  • Hannah
    Hannah E. Married on 08/14/2021

Amazing DJ!

We could not be happier with our decision to use Barb for our wedding. Right from the start she was extremely responsive to our emails and really took the time to get to know us to play the right music for our crowd. She even took the time to double check she had the right versions of important songs for our ceremony and reception. Not only did she keep the party going with her choice in music, but she was an amazing master of ceremonies. She was also extremely accommodating when we had to postpone our initial wedding due to COVID and definitely helped make the wait worth it!

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Hannah -- holy cats! You guys were amazing to work with...and what a fun and crazy group of guests! They were SO much fun -- my assistant and I were laughing and talking about it for days! Thank you so much for having me -- it is always my pleasure to work for people as wonderful as you. :)
    Eileen M. Married on 07/10/2021

Dynamic Entertainer

Barb Fox is a dynamic entertainer, not just a DJ. My fiancé and I were thrilled that she was willing to travel for our destination wedding in Maine. She met with us do discuss more than just the genres of music that we liked, she let us share our playlists and helped us orchestrate our reception. She is funny, personable, and keeps the party rolling in a way only she could have! We would hire her again in a heart.

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Eileen, ohmigosh, I LOVED doing your wedding! Everyone was so fun and easy to engage with -- they really got me going! My very best wishes to you and Tim... and thank you SO much for having me!!!😊😊😊
  • Ashley
    Ashley P. Married on 07/03/2021

Excellent DJ!

We are so happy that we hired Barb as our DJ for our wedding! She was great at keeping the party going and choosing music that went perfectly with our crowd!
    She not only kept the after party going, she also helped with planning and made sure that everything was on time and ran smoothly the day of our wedding! I would highly recommend her to anyone throwing a celebration!

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Ashley! It was a blast -- I LOVED watching you and your friends with the country line dancing -- I would NEVER be able to keep up with you guys! You and Scott were fabulous! And I have to mention that I will always remember that you called me because your dad remembered me from the father/daughter dances when you were in elementary school -- that just makes me so happy! Best of luck to you guys! :)

• Taylor
    Taylor Married on 05/08/2021

Couldn’t have been more amazing!!!

Barb Fox is the absolute BEST dj I’ve had the pleasure of coming across. A family friend that lives in New York recommended her to to me for my wedding in Virginia and I was not disappointed what so ever! She was more than willing to travel for me which was amazing!! We didn’t have a wedding planner and our wedding was fairly small so she offered to come early to the rehearsal and help direct our entire ceremony and reception entrance as she has done so many weddings in the past that she’s basically an expert in how weddings are organized!
    Her entire planning process is extremely smooth and simple. She calls a few weeks before the wedding to get a feel for the type of music you like and then plans out all the little details. As for the actual wedding day, she couldn’t have been better! She knows exactly how to read a crowd and get their attention when they start drifting away from the dance floor. She even provided us with up lights and brought some super fun glowing wrist bands that everyone loved (especially the kids).
    Overall, Barb Fox was the absolute perfect choice for our wedding and I’m so happy we found her!!

Taylor,

It was so much fun! You guys were so easy to work with, and your friends ate amazing-- they were cracking me up! Thanks so much for having me!!!😊😊😊
  • Torey
    Torey B. Married on 05/01/2021

Wonderful to work with!

Barb worked our Quinceanera and made the party a huge success. She has vast knowledge of how to work with music to make the party flow seamlessly. She edited songs to make them shorter when needed and gave. wonderful advice. We met a couple of times and kept in touch throughout the planning process. She listened to us and gave us exactly what we wanted.

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Torey! It was fun for me, too, and absolutely loved meeting you and your family! I haven't ever seen 15-year-olds dance to "Rock Lobster" -- especially a choreographed dance-- that was definitely a highlight of the day! Thank you for having me!!!😊😊😊
  • Kelley
    Kelley M. Married on 04/16/2021

She makes a great party!

We hired Barb Fox for our wedding reception. She was fantastic to work with, provided spot-on music for dinner and dancing, and really knows how to read the room. It was a blast all evening as she knew how to get people moving and singing. There are a lot of little details that go into putting on a wedding reception which are more than just the music and Barb Fox clearing has experience keeping everything running smoothly. Thank you Barb!
    Katelyn Married on 10/05/2019

Exceeds expectations

Our‎ wedding‎ day‎ flowed‎ flawlessly‎ thanks‎ to‎ Barb‎ Fox.‎ From‎ the‎ ceremony‎ to‎ the‎ reception,‎ she‎ handled‎ everything‎ smoothly‎ even‎ with‎ a‎ few‎ last‎ minute‎ glitches‎ from‎ outside‎ forces.
    She‎ stayed‎ with‎ the‎ music‎ selections‎ we‎ chose‎ and‎ totally‎ got‎ our‎ taste‎ even‎ when‎ we‎ presented‎ her‎ with‎ some‎ unusual‎ requests.
    Barb‎ kept‎ the‎ reception‎ activities‎ ‎ moving‎ and‎ even‎ helped‎ put‎ food‎ away‎ when‎ we‎ became‎ delayed.‎
    Her‎ playlists‎ are‎ modern‎ and‎ up‎ to‎ date.‎
    She‎ even‎ showed‎ our‎ guests‎ dance‎ steps‎ to‎ some‎ popular‎ line‎ dances‎ and‎ managed‎ to‎ get‎ every‎ single‎ person‎ on‎ the‎ dance‎ floor.‎
    She‎ genuinely‎ cared‎ about‎ meeting‎ our‎ needs‎ and‎ making‎ our‎ day‎ a‎ complete‎ success.‎
    She‎ was‎ professional‎ yet‎ was‎ enthusiastically‎ involved‎ in‎ our‎ celebration.‎
    I‎ would‎ highly‎ recommend‎ Barb‎ for‎ any‎ and‎ all‎ of‎ your‎ celebration‎ needs.
    Jeff D. Married on 09/28/2019

Barb is the best! Sound and Music was amazing!!!

We heard Barb at another wedding and was amazing. We reached out to her for our wedding and she was trilled to work with us. She traveled out to our venue location to ensure she was on top of everything. No matter what we have thrown her way, she made happen! She is the best!!!
  • Robert
    Robert C. Married on 09/07/2019

Great experience, very professional, highly recommend

Just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal and party at Gabriella’s manor in Greene,NY. Barb came and provided the exact music we picked out for our ceremony and provided 4 hours of nonstop music for the party following the ceremony. She played music that appealed to everybody as well as responded to the requests of many quests. Everyone was on the dance floor having a great time the whole night. She is very professional and I would highly recommend her for any of your events. 5 stars.

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Bob, thank you! It was fun! And your family and friends were cracking me up - loved the dress-up stuff! Seriously, though -- it was great meeting you and Melissa both, and I wish you many, many happy years ahead. Maybe I'll see you for the 50th! hahahaha!!! :)
    Aditi P. Married on 09/01/2019

Barb is a must-have for your wedding!

Barb was very professional, forthright and a perfectionist through and through. Despite ours being an Indian wedding with a lot of Hindi music, she made sure she was playing the music we wanted, and checked in multiple times with both my husband and I about our personal preferences. She also easily fit in a karaoke performance or two into the evening. We had a multicultural crowd, so getting everyone out on the floor was a little dicey at the beginning, but she fell back on some classic hits and drew them right in, and the rest of the evening was two (three?) straight hours on the dance floor.
    She's so easy to deal with and dependable, that I didn't feel the urge to micromanage the musical aspect of the wedding at all, haha. She coordinated seamlessly with our planner and the venue, so I didn't have to deal with making sure the three parties were happy with each other. If you're stressed out about making people dance at your do, hire Barb, 'cos she knows what she's doing.

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Aditi -- wow! Thank you so much! I mean, yes, thank you for the really kind words, but thank you even more for having me for your Sangeet! It was an absolute blast -- and just watching the energy in the room made ME want to jump in and dance! Did you see your mom beckoning me out to the dance floor? It was my pleasure to share in your (and Ajinkya's) special day, and I hope you guys keep in touch with me! :)
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 08/24/2019

You won't be disappointed! Exceeds expectations

Barb was absolutely amazing. She was quick to get back to us during the planning phase and was very easy to work with. The day of, she made sure we knew what was going on at all times. She kept the party going and got people out to the dance floor. We would definitely hire her again. She really goes above and beyond!

Jen,
    You are so sweet! I'm glad you thought I was easy to work with, but YOU guys were so easy to work with! And your friends (and family) were adorable. :) Loved the bridal party entrance -- a cool idea that worked seamlessly, and they all got into it (especially the ringbearer, hahahaha)! Take good care of yourselves, and enjoy much happiness in your futures! :)

• Lindsey
    Lindsey B. Married on 08/17/2019

Best DJ in upstate ny!!

DJ barb fox is the absolutely best. She was so easy to work with, made sure she got all the important details ahead of time and kept our wedding on track all night. The dance floor was packed all night long, playing the perfect mix of oldies, new hits and music from our high school years. Guests were even asking for a copy of the dinner playlist because they loved it so much. Barb is so good at reading the crowd deciding what to play next! She got everyone from age 23 to 93 on the dance floor! We moved our ceremony inside at the last minute because of weather and she quickly made adjustments to accommodate. She also brought lights to up - light our venue which added an extra special touch! She made our wedding stress free and so fun!

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much, Lindsey, you guys were the best! It was absolutely my pleasure to DJ for you and your wild and crazy family and friends! 😊😊😊
    Margaret L. Married on 08/10/2019

So glad we found her!

I had to look her up! I saw her a year ago or so at a wedding that I attended and loved her. She was so entertaining, and kind of funny. The music was perfect, she played songs that everyone loved! So, we hired her to do my son’s wedding, which was just a couple weeks ago. We were absolutely thrilled! People danced all night long, were clapping for her at the end. And what was really nice for my son and daughter-in-law is the way she handled everything all night long, keeping them on track. Almost can’t wait for my daughter to get married, so we can have Barb again! Thank you, Barb Fox!

Maggie,
    Ohmigosh, it was totally my pleasure! I keep wondering how I am so lucky to get the greatest people to allow me to share in their special day, and you and your family and friends are no exception. Loved doing it, loved the enthusiasm in the room, and everyone was so nice, too! Thank you so much for having me, and let me know when your daughter is getting married! :)
    Paige Married on 07/27/2019

Dj barb!

I cannot recommend Barb enough. If you are reading this, you are finding Barb the same way I did - through countless AMAZING reviews. We spoke with Barb and shared we were looking for 'music that can make all ages stay on the dance floor all night' and boy, did Barb deliver! My guests were even chanting, DJ BARB! DJ BARB! at the end of the night. Barb was fantastic with the dance floor obviously but also significant in helping to coordinate the ceremony and other special moments like the speeches. I wish I could give her 10 stars!

Paige and Kurt,
    How I got so lucky to meet people like you, I have no idea, but wow! You guys were AWESOME to work with! And your friends and family -- simply incredible! I will say it was the first time I've ever had people chanting my name from the dance floor -- I felt like a rock star! My very best wishes to you both in your future life together, it was totally a pleasure to share in your fantastically special day! Thank you again for having me!

Kate S. Married on 06/22/2019

Ready for a GREAT Time?

Our June 2019 wedding wouldn't have been as wonderful without Barb there to DJ! We are so thankful and feel so blessed that she was part of our day! You definitely want Barb to DJ your wedding!
    When first meeting to plan with us, Barb was well organized and really helped us think of things that we'd forgotten about. Her wealth of knowledge helped us better plan our timeline and definitely made things smoother!
    We decided to have our own special music for the Father/Daughter dance as well as have music provided by an Irish Dance company and Barb was open to this and willing to work with other vendors!
    The day of the wedding, she helped provide support with the ceremony sound system which was not easy, as our wedding was in the middle of a field on the top of a windy hill (an area with no power). We are super grateful for her support!
    As for the wedding reception, what a WONDERFUL time had by all! Something unique that we wished for was to introduce our own bridal party without being seen. Barb was absolutely wonderful and worked it out so that we could do this with a microphone out of the window of the reception hall! She really went to great lengths to do what we wanted.
    Barb kept things moving on schedule and the dance floor was a HIT all night! As the night when on, she threw out several hundred glow sticks which was a surprise and added so much fun to the dance floor.
    To finish our night, Barb got all of the remaining guests in a circle and walked around with a microphone to each person as we swayed to "Piano Man."

She truly helped us make it "the best day ever," and we are so grateful for that!
    I would highly recommend Barb and use her for my future events!

Katie,

Ohmigosh! Thank you so much! It was my pleasure to DJ your wedding, you are the sweetest couple! And your friends and family were all fun and crazy, and so easy to work with! Best of luck to you both, you deserve it! 💗💓💖
    Marina G. Married on 06/08/2019

From a guest's point of view -- loved her!

Wow! I was recently a guest at a wedding that Barb Fox was the DJ was at, and I danced all night long! I liked the look of her set-up: it was very professional-looking. And my husband kept commenting on the sound quality (he's kind of a geek about that stuff), he was really impressed. But I just loved her choice of music -- there was something for everyone, and the dance floor was filled all night! Anyway, I personally always read reviews, so I just thought I should say something. Everyone was raving about the great job she did!

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Marina! So glad you had a good time. And tell your husband I appreciate his opinion on my sound system -- I'm a bit of a sound-quality geek myself, so I'm pretty flattered. :)
  • Katherine
    Katherine W. Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic Wedding DJ!

We hired Barb as our wedding DJ and are so glad that we did! Barb's enthusiasm, wide knowledge of music, and keen ability to read a crowd really stood out to us. During our reception, she knew exactly what songs to play when in order to keep the energy and momentum going. Our guests had a great time and didn't stop dancing the entire night! We would highly recommend Barb to others as a wedding or event DJ!

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Katie, thanks so much! You and Joe were so easy to work with, and your friends and family were great! Loved the special requests, too! Best of luck to you both! :)

Rebecca Married on 10/13/2018
    Barb Fox is an amazing DJ! She did our wedding and she was so professional, so personable and a pleasure to work with! We also selected to do the purple up-lights she has and they really made the reception look AMAZING! Totally worth it and we’re so glad we did the lights! Barb played all the songs we requested and she was on top of everything! The DJ is the one who hosts the wedding and makes sure we stay on a schedule of what to do next! Barb nailed it! We’re so pleased with her services. And HIGHLY recommend Barb Fox!
  • Brianna
    Brianna Married on 10/06/2018
    Barb Fox is absolutely incredible and was a HUGE part of making my wedding the best day ever!! She did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. Each event was better than the last! She was immensely helpful with planning the wedding, especially our reception timeline. She answers emails extremely quickly and was very accommodating with meeting in person or over the phone, which I always appreciated as a detail oriented bride! She plays the perfect balance of dancey music, slow songs and group dances. I may be biased because it was my own wedding, but I have never been to a better dance party at a reception. She even checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I was happy! When my husband's grandma requested that she play the hokey pokey, she got everyone at the wedding on the dance floor to participate and it was HILARIOUS - most definitely a highlight of the night!! I can't imagine that the wedding would have been as perfect without Barb guiding it. All of our guests are raving about the great night they had and I know it is surely in part to the wonderful reception Barb helped us throw. We cannot thank Barb enough for her amazing work and hospitality! Future brides reading this - YOU NEED BARB AT YOUR WEDDING!
  • Kristen
    Kristen Married on 09/08/2018

Barb is a Rockstar

We picked Barb after talking to quite a few DJs. We were having a barn wedding and I wanted someone who would not become overbearing when the dance floor was empty because guests were at a bonfire outside or playing a lawn game. She totally got it and we had such a great conversation on the phone I booked her right away. She also helped me design the flow of the ceremony. It was a week before and I was freaking out a bit and we got it done together on the phone. She’s laid back enough to roll with it but she was on it to keep us on time (at one point she even helped me bustle my dress!). Her cocktail hour playlist was amazing having some of our favorite bands. Her dinner set also was amazing everything we talked about was covered. She read the crowd so well and the dance floor was full. We had the best time and people keep talking about how wonderful she was. Her personality is key. You feel comfortable in her hands and don’t have to worry about anything.