Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment Reviews

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 3
Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 4

Katelyn · Married on 10/05/2019

Exceeds expectations

Our‎ wedding‎ day‎ flowed‎ flawlessly‎ thanks‎ to‎ Barb‎ Fox.‎ From‎ the‎ ceremony‎ to‎ the‎ reception,‎ she‎ handled‎ everything‎ smoothly‎ even‎ with‎ a‎ few‎ last‎ minute‎ glitches‎ from‎ outside‎ forces.
    She‎ stayed‎ with‎ the‎ music‎ selections‎ we‎ chose‎ and‎ totally‎ got‎ our‎ taste‎ even‎ when‎ we‎ presented‎ her‎ with‎ some‎ unusual‎ requests.
    Barb‎ kept‎ the‎ reception‎ activities‎ ‎ moving‎ and‎ even‎ helped‎ put‎ food‎ away‎ when‎ we‎ became‎ delayed.‎
    Her‎ playlists‎ are‎ modern‎ and‎ up‎ to‎ date.‎
    She‎ even‎ showed‎ our‎ guests‎ dance‎ steps‎ to‎ some‎ popular‎ line‎ dances‎ and‎ managed‎ to‎ get‎ every‎ single‎ person‎ on‎ the‎ dance‎ floor.‎
    She‎ genuinely‎ cared‎ about‎ meeting‎ our‎ needs‎ and‎ making‎ our‎ day‎ a‎ complete‎ success.‎
    She‎ was‎ professional‎ yet‎ was‎ enthusiastically‎ involved‎ in‎ our‎ celebration.‎
    I‎ would‎ highly‎ recommend‎ Barb‎ for‎ any‎ and‎ all‎ of‎ your‎ celebration‎ needs.

Sent on 10/12/2019

Jeff Davies · Married on 09/28/2019

Barb is the best! Sound and Music was amazing!!!

We heard Barb at another wedding and was amazing. We reached out to her for our wedding and she was trilled to work with us. She traveled out to our venue location to ensure she was on top of everything. No matter what we have thrown her way, she made happen! She is the best!!!

Sent on 09/30/2019
    Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 5
  • Robert

Robert Conrow · Married on 09/07/2019

Great experience, very professional, highly recommend

Just celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary with a vow renewal and party at Gabriella’s manor in Greene,NY. Barb came and provided the exact music we picked out for our ceremony and provided 4 hours of nonstop music for the party following the ceremony. She played music that appealed to everybody as well as responded to the requests of many quests. Everyone was on the dance floor having a great time the whole night. She is very professional and I would highly recommend her for any of your events. 5 stars.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Bob, thank you! It was fun! And your family and friends were cracking me up - loved the dress-up stuff! Seriously, though -- it was great meeting you and Melissa both, and I wish you many, many happy years ahead. Maybe I'll see you for the 50th! hahahaha!!! :)

Aditi Parlikar · Married on 09/01/2019

Barb is a must-have for your wedding!

Barb was very professional, forthright and a perfectionist through and through. Despite ours being an Indian wedding with a lot of Hindi music, she made sure she was playing the music we wanted, and checked in multiple times with both my husband and I about our personal preferences. She also easily fit in a karaoke performance or two into the evening. We had a multicultural crowd, so getting everyone out on the floor was a little dicey at the beginning, but she fell back on some classic hits and drew them right in, and the rest of the evening was two (three?) straight hours on the dance floor.
    She's so easy to deal with and dependable, that I didn't feel the urge to micromanage the musical aspect of the wedding at all, haha. She coordinated seamlessly with our planner and the venue, so I didn't have to deal with making sure the three parties were happy with each other. If you're stressed out about making people dance at your do, hire Barb, 'cos she knows what she's doing.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Aditi -- wow! Thank you so much! I mean, yes, thank you for the really kind words, but thank you even more for having me for your Sangeet! It was an absolute blast -- and just watching the energy in the room made ME want to jump in and dance! Did you see your mom beckoning me out to the dance floor? It was my pleasure to share in your (and Ajinkya's) special day, and I hope you guys keep in touch with me! :)
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/24/2019

You won't be disappointed! Exceeds expectations

Barb was absolutely amazing. She was quick to get back to us during the planning phase and was very easy to work with. The day of, she made sure we knew what was going on at all times. She kept the party going and got people out to the dance floor. We would definitely hire her again. She really goes above and beyond!

Sent on 09/02/2019

Jen,
    You are so sweet! I'm glad you thought I was easy to work with, but YOU guys were so easy to work with! And your friends (and family) were adorable. :) Loved the bridal party entrance -- a cool idea that worked seamlessly, and they all got into it (especially the ringbearer, hahahaha)! Take good care of yourselves, and enjoy much happiness in your futures! :)

• Lindsey

Lindsey Baumann · Married on 08/17/2019

Best DJ in upstate ny!!

DJ barb fox is the absolutely best. She was so easy to work with, made sure she got all the important details ahead of time and kept our wedding on track all night. The dance floor was packed all night long, playing the perfect mix of oldies, new hits and music from our high school years. Guests were even asking for a copy of the dinner playlist because they loved it so much. Barb is so good at reading the crowd deciding what to play next! She got everyone from age 23 to 93 on the dance floor! We moved our ceremony inside at the last minute because of weather and she quickly made adjustments to accommodate. She also brought lights to up - light our venue which added an extra special touch! She made our wedding stress free and so fun!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much, Lindsey, you guys were the best! It was absolutely my pleasure to DJ for you and your wild and crazy family and friends! 😊😊😊

Margaret Lamb · Married on 08/10/2019

So glad we found her!

I had to look her up! I saw her a year ago or so at a wedding that I attended and loved her. She was so entertaining, and kind of funny. The music was perfect, she played songs that everyone loved! So, we hired her to do my son’s wedding, which was just a couple weeks ago. We were absolutely thrilled! People danced all night long, were clapping for her at the end. And what was really nice for my son and daughter-in-law is the way she handled everything all night long, keeping them on track. Almost can’t wait for my daughter to get married, so we can have Barb again! Thank you, Barb Fox!

Sent on 08/18/2019

Maggie,
    Ohmigosh, it was totally my pleasure! I keep wondering how I am so lucky to get the greatest people to allow me to share in their special day, and you and your family and friends are no exception. Loved doing it, loved the enthusiasm in the room, and everyone was so nice, too! Thank you so much for having me, and let me know when your daughter is getting married! :)

Paige · Married on 07/27/2019

Dj barb!

I cannot recommend Barb enough. If you are reading this, you are finding Barb the same way I did - through countless AMAZING reviews. We spoke with Barb and shared we were looking for 'music that can make all ages stay on the dance floor all night' and boy, did Barb deliver! My guests were even chanting, DJ BARB! DJ BARB! at the end of the night. Barb was fantastic with the dance floor obviously but also significant in helping to coordinate the ceremony and other special moments like the speeches. I wish I could give her 10 stars!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Paige and Kurt,
    How I got so lucky to meet people like you, I have no idea, but wow! You guys were AWESOME to work with! And your friends and family -- simply incredible! I will say it was the first time I've ever had people chanting my name from the dance floor -- I felt like a rock star! My very best wishes to you both in your future life together, it was totally a pleasure to share in your fantastically special day! Thank you again for having me!

Kate Slattery Barney · Married on 06/22/2019

Ready for a GREAT Time?

Our June 2019 wedding wouldn't have been as wonderful without Barb there to DJ! We are so thankful and feel so blessed that she was part of our day! You definitely want Barb to DJ your wedding!
    When first meeting to plan with us, Barb was well organized and really helped us think of things that we'd forgotten about. Her wealth of knowledge helped us better plan our timeline and definitely made things smoother!
    We decided to have our own special music for the Father/Daughter dance as well as have music provided by an Irish Dance company and Barb was open to this and willing to work with other vendors!
    The day of the wedding, she helped provide support with the ceremony sound system which was not easy, as our wedding was in the middle of a field on the top of a windy hill (an area with no power). We are super grateful for her support!
    As for the wedding reception, what a WONDERFUL time had by all! Something unique that we wished for was to introduce our own bridal party without being seen. Barb was absolutely wonderful and worked it out so that we could do this with a microphone out of the window of the reception hall! She really went to great lengths to do what we wanted.
    Barb kept things moving on schedule and the dance floor was a HIT all night! As the night when on, she threw out several hundred glow sticks which was a surprise and added so much fun to the dance floor.
    To finish our night, Barb got all of the remaining guests in a circle and walked around with a microphone to each person as we swayed to "Piano Man."

She truly helped us make it "the best day ever," and we are so grateful for that!
    I would highly recommend Barb and use her for my future events!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Katie,

Ohmigosh! Thank you so much! It was my pleasure to DJ your wedding, you are the sweetest couple! And your friends and family were all fun and crazy, and so easy to work with! Best of luck to you both, you deserve it! 💗💓💖

Marina Guillermo · Married on 06/08/2019

From a guest's point of view -- loved her!

Wow! I was recently a guest at a wedding that Barb Fox was the DJ was at, and I danced all night long! I liked the look of her set-up: it was very professional-looking. And my husband kept commenting on the sound quality (he's kind of a geek about that stuff), he was really impressed. But I just loved her choice of music -- there was something for everyone, and the dance floor was filled all night! Anyway, I personally always read reviews, so I just thought I should say something. Everyone was raving about the great job she did!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Marina! So glad you had a good time. And tell your husband I appreciate his opinion on my sound system -- I'm a bit of a sound-quality geek myself, so I'm pretty flattered. :)
  • Katherine

Katherine White · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic Wedding DJ!

We hired Barb as our wedding DJ and are so glad that we did! Barb's enthusiasm, wide knowledge of music, and keen ability to read a crowd really stood out to us. During our reception, she knew exactly what songs to play when in order to keep the energy and momentum going. Our guests had a great time and didn't stop dancing the entire night! We would highly recommend Barb to others as a wedding or event DJ!

Sent on 06/28/2019

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Katie, thanks so much! You and Joe were so easy to work with, and your friends and family were great! Loved the special requests, too! Best of luck to you both! :)

Rebecca · Married on 10/13/2018

Barb Fox is an amazing DJ! She did our wedding and she was so professional, so personable and a pleasure to work with! We also selected to do the purple up-lights she has and they really made the reception look AMAZING! Totally worth it and we’re so glad we did the lights! Barb played all the songs we requested and she was on top of everything! The DJ is the one who hosts the wedding and makes sure we stay on a schedule of what to do next! Barb nailed it! We’re so pleased with her services. And HIGHLY recommend Barb Fox!

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Brianna

Brianna · Married on 10/06/2018

Barb Fox is absolutely incredible and was a HUGE part of making my wedding the best day ever!! She did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. Each event was better than the last! She was immensely helpful with planning the wedding, especially our reception timeline. She answers emails extremely quickly and was very accommodating with meeting in person or over the phone, which I always appreciated as a detail oriented bride! She plays the perfect balance of dancey music, slow songs and group dances. I may be biased because it was my own wedding, but I have never been to a better dance party at a reception. She even checked in with me throughout the night to make sure I was happy! When my husband's grandma requested that she play the hokey pokey, she got everyone at the wedding on the dance floor to participate and it was HILARIOUS - most definitely a highlight of the night!! I can't imagine that the wedding would have been as perfect without Barb guiding it. All of our guests are raving about the great night they had and I know it is surely in part to the wonderful reception Barb helped us throw. We cannot thank Barb enough for her amazing work and hospitality! Future brides reading this - YOU NEED BARB AT YOUR WEDDING!

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/08/2018

Barb is a Rockstar

We picked Barb after talking to quite a few DJs. We were having a barn wedding and I wanted someone who would not become overbearing when the dance floor was empty because guests were at a bonfire outside or playing a lawn game. She totally got it and we had such a great conversation on the phone I booked her right away. She also helped me design the flow of the ceremony. It was a week before and I was freaking out a bit and we got it done together on the phone. She’s laid back enough to roll with it but she was on it to keep us on time (at one point she even helped me bustle my dress!). Her cocktail hour playlist was amazing having some of our favorite bands. Her dinner set also was amazing everything we talked about was covered. She read the crowd so well and the dance floor was full. We had the best time and people keep talking about how wonderful she was. Her personality is key. You feel comfortable in her hands and don’t have to worry about anything.

Sent on 10/16/2018
    Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 6

Katie · Married on 08/18/2018

Barb was the DJ at my daughter’s wedding on 8-18-18. I have had the opportunity to work with Barb at a couple weddings and when my daughter announced she was getting married, I knew right away that Barb was the best DJ for her wedding. Barb is professional, fun and knows how to get the guests dancing. Her experience allows her to be prepared for anything. It had rained for days prior to my daughters outside wedding and the ground was a saturated and a muddy mess. Barb not only made sure the music was perfect, she also made sure my daughter and son-in-law were having a good time and taken care of. As the Mother of the Bride one thing that I appreciate is that Barb is genuine and caring. Once the wedding was done and over she still continued to care about how the couple was. I would highly recommend Barb. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Kali · Married on 08/17/2018

I would not have wanted any other DJ to work with other than Barb! She is so up beat and friendly. She knows how to keep a party going and keep everyone entertained! I have seen her work other weddings and she never gets boring. I would highly recommend looking into her services!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Lindsey · Married on 07/21/2018

Barb was recommended to us by our reception location and I am so glad she is who we chose. Barb is an exceptional DJ and kept people on the dance floor all night. Barb provided the music at our ceremony as well as a microphone for our minister. I have Barb an idea of what time of music we liked and she was able to pick out songs for our introductions and at the end of the ceremony that matched our style. I had provided a list of requests from our guests and she was able to fit in many of those songs. Barb does an excellent job of keeping the talking to a minimum and just letting the music play through out the night.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Lindsey, thanks so much -- it was great meeting you and your husband, plus all your fun friends! Thanks again for having me -- it really was my pleasure! :)

Melissa · Married on 06/30/2018

Barb was incredible! I was maid of honor for my friend's Nicole and Andy's wedding. For the speeches we (Bride tribe) did a SURPRISE karaoke concert medley. Barb went above and beyond for my friend Jeff and I to be successful. We chatted with her a few days before, she checked in with us prior to the day and during the big day! She was great! When it came to dancing she played awesome tunes all night long! It was an incredible party, a perfect day for our friends and Barb was a huge part of making the day fun, stress free and memorable! I really enjoyed working with her and partying with her. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/16/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/30/2018

Barb DJ’d our wedding on 6/30/18 and we can’t recommend her highly enough! We gave Barb a list of songs for pre-ceremony, processional and recessional that she was able to accommodate easily. We gave her general genres for cocktail hour and dinner music that she picked great selections for. We threw a wrench at her by having our reception outdoors for a typically indoor venue and she pulled it off without a hitch! She also worked with our bridal party to put a collaboration of songs together as part of their karaoke tribute to us that was the hit of dinner and kicked our night off properly. We left control of the music selection for the reception completely to Barb for her to change up based on the crowd and their reactions. Our dance floor was PACKED from the first song to the last. By song 2 I knew we were in great hands and had to make eye contact and give her a silent “thank you, you’re the best!!!!” She also served as time keeper when we got caught up following pictures and again when we were caught up chatting after dinner with a gentle “time to go, this way please.” Trust Barb with your music and as an MC!!! You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 7
    Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment 8

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Nicole - you and Andy were the best! It was such a pleasure to meet you both and to DJ the day for you. And wow -- possibly the best ceremony I have ever EVER seen! (Stevie may want to hire himself out!) Everyone was just great -- I loved helping Melissa and Jeff with their performance, they were incredible! (I think I should hire THEM to come with me to every wedding to perform!)

Thanks so much for the kind words -- it really was my pleasure. My very best wishes to both of you......

Megan · Married on 06/16/2018

Barb was so great to work with. Wedding planning was really not my thing, but she helped me through the process and really understood what I was looking for. She knew the kind of music my guests wanted to hear and people were dancing all night! I can't say enough great things. I had always wanted a band for my wedding, but decided to go with a DJ and choosing Barb I had absolutely no regrets. The music and her MC skills were spot on!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks so much, Megan! It was so much fun -- your guests were great -- I wasn't sure if everyone would dance, because it was so hot, but that definitely didn't stop anyone! Best of luck to you guys -- it was wonderful meeting you! Thanks for letting me be a part of such a special day. :)

Karla · Married on 09/16/2017

Barb Fox saved our wedding! We were planning to do our music ourselves, but the owners of our venue turned out to be a complete nightmare, and we decided we needed some professional assistance with the music and the general flow of our wedding. We found Barb through a referral and - lucky for us - she'd just had a cancellation for the date of our wedding. Barb offered to deal directly with the very difficult venue owner, who was insisting that we pay a friend of the venue to set up sound equipment, even though we'd hired a DJ (Barb) who had her own equipment. Barb was able to convince the venue owner to let her use her own equipment, which cleared up a major headache for us. Barb also helped advise us on the timing of songs, dances, speeches, etc. (which our venue was supposed to help with but didn't). She took all of our song suggestions and also did a wonderful job filling out our list. She made announcements but was never cheesy. The music ran flawlessly for both the ceremony and the reception (and I should point out that we were in a very rural location, ceremony outside and reception in a barn). Our guests loved Barb and had a great time on the dance floor! Barb took requests and kept everything moving expertly. And knowing that someone had my back and was making sure the wedding ran smoothly when our venue owners (who also did not allow outside wedding planners) failed to do so was priceless. Thank you, Barb!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Oh, Karla -- you and Josh were SO easy to work with! Thank you so much for such lovely words. I loved your wedding, and your guests -- they were so much fun! My very best wishes to both of you. :)

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

Barb is THE BEST! My husband and I could not be happier with the service she provided for us. Barb is professional, experienced, personable and funny! I never met with Barb before our wedding because we were planning from out of state but hiring her was one of the easiest decisions I made. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone her personality came through and I knew she was our DJ. My guests and I couldn’t stop dancing the night away.... it was hit after hit! Barb was an absolute pleasure to work with and we will forever be greatful for the amazing job she did!

Sent on 10/08/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Amanda, Thanks so much! Of course, you guys made my job pretty easy by being so easy to work with, and having such fun-loving guests! It was SO much fun! Thanks for letting me be a part of it. :) Barb

Brittany · Married on 08/12/2017

Barb DJ'ed my best friend's wedding for which I was maid of honor. I've been to A LOT of weddings - this year in particular - and Barb was my favorite DJ by far. She has the excellent ability to read a crowd, a plethora of diverse yet perfect songs for events, and an excellent personality with which to host events like these. More than this, she was exceptionally pleasant to work with. I will absolutely be hiring her for my wedding (should I ever actually get married).

Sent on 08/14/2017

Brittany, (or should I say "Brittelle?) --

Thank you so much for such kind words! I thought you all were fabulous -- holy cats! Such dancers! :) And I hope that you DO "ever actually" get married, so I can do your wedding -- you are so much fun!!!! :) Take good care.....

Jonathan · Married on 08/05/2017

Barb was amazing! She is truly a good project manager. She made sure she had every detail right for the wedding day. During the dancing, she also made sure that she had all of our genre choices. She played pop music in 40s theme for dinner, and early 200s R&B and motown, as well as current songs for the dancing (just as we requested). She made suggestions about changes to our wedding schedule, but she was never imposing. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants to have a fun wedding.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Thanks, Jonathan -- I have to admit, you guys made my job easy! You were so nice to work with, and your guests were a lot of fun -- omg, they were dancing
    up a storm! Thank you so much for having me, and best of luck to you both! :)
    ~~~ Barb

Jesse · Married on 06/25/2017

Barb Fox was the DJ and MC for our wedding and reception in June 2017. She also provided ceremony music, and uplighting for the reception venue. She worked with us to select music, and to figure out the timeline for the reception, including helping us figure out when toasts should be given, cake cut, and special dances happen. She incorporated some of our less danceable music preferences into music over dinner, and played fun, recognizable, danceable, and wedding-appropriate music based on our preferences during the reception. The uplighting added a nice touch to the venue, and the ceremony music was exactly what we requested. She had one equipment failure, but had spare equipment ready and quickly swapped in the spare for minimal disruption.

We were impressed with her professionalism, her ability to MC and run the show and work through small changes to the timeline, and her depth of knowledge and passion for music. Overall we were very pleased with her services.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment's reply:

Jesse, thanks so much -- it was my pleasure to DJ your wedding! Your friends and family were so nice and easy to work with -- I loved their requests! :) Thanks for having me, and best of luck to you both in your futures!