32 Reviews for Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment

Microphones (3)
Sound/PA System (3)
Uplighting (2)
31 Barb Fox's DJ Entertainment Reviews

Barb was incredible! I was maid of honor for my friend's Nicole and Andy's wedding. For the speeches we (Bride tribe) did a SURPRISE karaoke concert medley. Barb went above and beyond for my friend Jeff and I to be successful. We chatted with her a few days before, she checked in with us prior to the day and during the big day! She was great! When it came to dancing she played awesome tunes all night long! It was an incredible party, a perfect day for our friends and Barb was a huge part of making the day fun, stress free and memorable! I really enjoyed working with her and partying with her. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb was so great to work with. Wedding planning was really not my thing, but she helped me through the process and really understood what I was looking for. She knew the kind of music my guests wanted to hear and people were dancing all night! I can't say enough great things. I had always wanted a band for my wedding, but decided to go with a DJ and choosing Barb I had absolutely no regrets. The music and her MC skills were spot on!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/16/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Barb Fox saved our wedding! We were planning to do our music ourselves, but the owners of our venue turned out to be a complete nightmare, and we decided we needed some professional assistance with the music and the general flow of our wedding. We found Barb through a referral and - lucky for us - she'd just had a cancellation for the date of our wedding. Barb offered to deal directly with the very difficult venue owner, who was insisting that we pay a friend of the venue to set up sound equipment, even though we'd hired a DJ (Barb) who had her own equipment. Barb was able to convince the venue owner to let her use her own equipment, which cleared up a major headache for us. Barb also helped advise us on the timing of songs, dances, speeches, etc. (which our venue was supposed to help with but didn't). She took all of our song suggestions and also did a wonderful job filling out our list. She made announcements but was never cheesy. The music ran flawlessly for both the ceremony and the reception (and I should point out that we were in a very rural location, ceremony outside and reception in a barn). Our guests loved Barb and had a great time on the dance floor! Barb took requests and kept everything moving expertly. And knowing that someone had my back and was making sure the wedding ran smoothly when our venue owners (who also did not allow outside wedding planners) failed to do so was priceless. Thank you, Barb!!

Profile Picture Karla, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb is THE BEST! My husband and I could not be happier with the service she provided for us. Barb is professional, experienced, personable and funny! I never met with Barb before our wedding because we were planning from out of state but hiring her was one of the easiest decisions I made. From the moment I spoke with her on the phone her personality came through and I knew she was our DJ. My guests and I couldn’t stop dancing the night away.... it was hit after hit! Barb was an absolute pleasure to work with and we will forever be greatful for the amazing job she did!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/2/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Barb DJ'ed my best friend's wedding for which I was maid of honor. I've been to A LOT of weddings - this year in particular - and Barb was my favorite DJ by far. She has the excellent ability to read a crowd, a plethora of diverse yet perfect songs for events, and an excellent personality with which to host events like these. More than this, she was exceptionally pleasant to work with. I will absolutely be hiring her for my wedding (should I ever actually get married).

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb was amazing! She is truly a good project manager. She made sure she had every detail right for the wedding day. During the dancing, she also made sure that she had all of our genre choices. She played pop music in 40s theme for dinner, and early 200s R&B and motown, as well as current songs for the dancing (just as we requested). She made suggestions about changes to our wedding schedule, but she was never imposing. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants to have a fun wedding.

Profile Picture Jonathan, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb Fox was the DJ and MC for our wedding and reception in June 2017. She also provided ceremony music, and uplighting for the reception venue. She worked with us to select music, and to figure out the timeline for the reception, including helping us figure out when toasts should be given, cake cut, and special dances happen. She incorporated some of our less danceable music preferences into music over dinner, and played fun, recognizable, danceable, and wedding-appropriate music based on our preferences during the reception. The uplighting added a nice touch to the venue, and the ceremony music was exactly what we requested. She had one equipment failure, but had spare equipment ready and quickly swapped in the spare for minimal disruption.

We were impressed with her professionalism, her ability to MC and run the show and work through small changes to the timeline, and her depth of knowledge and passion for music. Overall we were very pleased with her services.

Profile Picture Jesse, 6/25/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Barb is AMAZING!!! We were so thrilled to have her on our special day! She knows exactly what she's doing so you don't need to sweat a thing! Gets everyone involved, keeps the crowd entertained and moves smoothly throughout the night! She even has a few ideas to mix up those old traditions!

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I wholeheartedly recommend Barb Fox to anyone looking for a DJ for their event. We booked her for our wedding in December and I could not be more happy with the experience. She was pleasant and extremely helpful, from our initial contact right until the end of the night. Barb was invaluable when it came to scheduling and keeping the event functioning smoothly. In addition she provided some lovely uplighting that really added some nice ambiance to our event.

In terms of music, I could not have asked for a more professional or skilled DJ. She was able to accommodate every song request that came her way. Furthermore she was attentive in working with my fiance and I prior to the event to determine what we wanted to hear and what we wanted to avoid. Barb was truly vital in making our reception memorable. She engaged the audience throughout the evening, even friends and family who don't typically dance! It was a great night. In summation, if you are seeking a DJ for your event, you really cannot go wrong with Barb!

Profile Picture Colleen, 12/17/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

Barb did a fantastic job in our wedding day! Before hiring her, I was a little worried that she couldn't handle "young people" in our wedding because I had bias for wedding DJ :p BUT I was absolutely 1000% wrong. Barb is the BEST! We had a mixed age of guests in our wedding but most of them are under 30. EVERYONE LOVED THE MUSIC! I had a group of girls who even took off their high heels to dance the whole night, and the next day they felt so exhausted and they complained that the music was too good to stop dancing. Not only did Barb do an excellent job in our wedding party, but also she nailed the whole wedding ceremony & dinner. My husband wanted to play something classy during our wedding dinner, and she did a great job! Our guests told us that the music was the best music selections they had heard in the wedding dinner: classy and simply awesome!

Barb was pretty sick prior to our wedding day, and we were worried that she couldn't make it. However, in our wedding day, she was super energetic and was so ready to make everyone happy despite of her sickness. My husband and I are very picky about music (both classic and pop music) but Barb has great taste in music and she is definitely one of the best Wedding DJ in the area! We highly recommend her to anyone who want to have awesome music and happy guests!

Profile Picture Yudi, 7/23/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day

Barb Fox was the DJ for my daughter's wedding in July; she was great to work with and very professional. She has a vast knowledge of this business and will cater to your taste in music while making sure all of your guests are enjoying themselves. So many of our friends and family complimented us on the music and remarked on what a great time they had. We wanted the reception to be fun, and Barb played great songs and made it a party!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I am so glad we hired Barb for our wedding reception. She was a great DJ, she was able to get people to dance that I did not expect to dance at our wedding. She came up with some creative ideas that made the reception exciting and unique. But beyond being the DJ, Barb helped our reception run as a whole. She went above and beyond what I would expect a DJ to do. When unexpected issues arose, Barb was right next to my friends and family to help make things run smoothly. At one point she was even clearing plates for the caterers. I am so grateful for her and all she did for us that day. I would highly recommend her to anyone in search of a DJ.

Profile Picture User6647390, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Barb was great! She was super easy to work with and helped us with planning the reception! She went above and beyond her DJ duties and made sure we ate during the reception! She even brought glow sticks for the kids which they absolutely loved! Overall we were thrilled with Barb and she is hilarious! We would definitely recommend Barb to everyone!

Profile Picture Kate, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Barb did an amazing job as a DJ for our wedding. My husband is Puerto Rican and we wanted a mix of contemporary and Latin music, and she did an excellent job playing each genera. She kept the dance floor moving all night long and played all of our "must play" favorites. She also played the music for our ceremony, which was a mix of live piano and violin and pre-recorded music, and that was great! She was very organized and kept the flow of the day and evening without us having to worry about a thing, which was very important to me. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Jackie, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

My wife and I couldn't be much happier for the service we received from Barb. Barb wasn't our first choice , our first dj back out three weeks before the wedding and never told us . Told my sister in law. So my sister in law referred us to Barb... We couldn't have been more happier that our first dj did that to us. Because we would have never met Barb. She is so amazing played what we asked and used her own judgement on this ,as in if people were not dancing to certain music changed it so that our dance floor was never empty. Barb also gave us ideas on others wedding to make it more fun and exciting .Barb got the crowd going , threw out light sticks which the kids loved. We can not say enough about Barb . We truly have nothing negative to say. What an amazing lady, dj. If you are looking for a dj for wedding call Barb. We will certainly use Barb for our next party!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture James, 9/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Barb was great to work with! She helped us a lot with planning our ceremony and reception and played a great mix of music.

Profile Picture Erin, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb was wonderful! We didn't have a lot if dancers at our wedding, but Barb came out and got everyone on the dance floor. All the children that were there had a blast with the glow toys she gave them. Choose Barb for your wedding dj. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture brandy, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was in love with Barb from the first moment I spoke with her on the phone. She is vivacious and very obviously enjoys what she does. Alongside that enthusiasm, she carries large amounts of experience in all types of events and with many vendors in the area

I already have and will continue to recommend Barb as a DJ for any occasion. Before our wedding, we spoke on the phone several times. She helped me create a time schedule of events and provided much insight on the do's and don'ts of wedding entertainment. None of our other vendors spent that much time with our planning process. At our wedding, Barb was the absolute best. She kept the event on task all day. She was an excellent MC. THEN the dancing began. She somehow managed to please both my 20-something college friends and my older, reserved family members. I've never seen so many of my aunts and uncles actually dance at a wedding!

If you're searching for a DJ, stop shopping and just call Barb now.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We enjoyed having Barb Fox DJ our wedding. She brought her years of experience and gave our details the flair we were hoping for. Our wedding was beautiful and our guest had a great time. Loved the bouquet and garter toss. FIVE STARS across the board she really helped to make our wedding great.

Profile Picture Roseann, 3/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Barb was great! I could not have asked for a better DJ for my wedding! I literally never left the dance floor! I would recommend her for any event, she plays to the crowd as well as the music that you select. It was a great night not only for me but for my guests as well!

Profile Picture Amber, 12/21/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb was fantastic. She is professional, accommodating, and easy to work with. Her music selections were perfect and she really helped make our wedding memorable. Everyone loved the music and it made for a wonderful evening. Barb is the best!!

Profile Picture Jim, 10/27/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb Fox DJ service was wonderful made our Wedding reception perfect! Barb has just done wedding no 2 for us 7/26/15 !! We had many children at both weddings and She kept everyone happy & dancing ! She is a true professional and included our family customs and last min. changes with no stress or problem .We would never call any one else!!!

Profile Picture Eugene & Ellen, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb did a great job of making sure everything happened as it should. We got great feedback from our wedding guests and had a blast with her as DJ. She helped to coordinate the flow of the evening and kept everyone entertained. Definitely would recommend!

Profile Picture Kara, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Barb did an amazing job DJing our wedding. She was able to get everyone up and dancing by knowing what song selections to play. One of the main things we wanted out of the reception was to have as many people dancing as possible. Barb succeeded in obtaining that goal. We were so happy with Barb and highly recommend her for any occasion.

Profile Picture Christopher, 8/6/11, 1 Review