Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering Reviews

36 Reviews for Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering

• Michael

Michael Beall · Married on 07/06/2019

Great service

Barattas was very responsive, easy to work with, and accommodating of our requests.

Sent on 07/08/2019

Emily · Married on 06/08/2019

AMAZING! Perfect food!\

Barattas catered my wedding recently and it was AMAZING! My whole head table had plates made for them and served right to them...staff was super friendly and made sure everything was perfect the whole night! Had so much food my family and I are going to be eating it for what seems like forever! So happy that I chose Barattas to do my wedding, HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Amanda · Married on 11/17/2018

Wow, jut wow!

From the fabulous food, to the staff, to the amazing catering manager who helped us from beginning to end, overall a fabulous experience! No one went home dissatisfied and everyone is still raving about our food and the amazing service!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Heather · Married on 10/06/2018

Delicious and Affordable

Baratta’s is the exclusive caterer for our venue. When we had our tasting with them, the food was amazing and they let us try everything. We had originally planned to cut costs and go with grocery store cakes, however the Baratta's cake was so good we made room for it in the budget. We ordered a small round cutting cake (that we got to take home) and 3 sheet cakes - two chocolate and one vanilla. Baratta’s offers a couple of different options for catering; plated, buffet, and stations. We went with 3 catering stations - an appetizer station, a pasta station, and a roast beef carving station which we kept open for 2 hours. We did run out of the roast beef during the time, but we had a lot of pasta and most of our guests returned for second and third helpings of the food. Everything was cut and set up for our guests, and we received so many compliments on the cake and food. For the quality that we received, I can’t believe how little we spent.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful review, Heather! It was a pleasure working with you and Rob. I'm so happy you and your guests loved our food! All my best to you as you start your married life together!

Mike · Married on 01/26/2018

Thank you very much for your part in making our wedding perfect. All of the food was exceptional and everyone commented on the entire menu. The wait-staff were extremely helpful and everything went off as scheduled. We could not have been more pleased with Barattas from our first phone call to the end of the evening. We will be giving you our hardiest recommendation to anyone we know needing catering services.

Mike & Brent

Sent on 02/01/2018

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Mike & Brent, we were honored to play a part in your very special day! I love hearing that everyone enjoyed the food and staff. Thank you so much for choosing Baratta's and for taking time to write a review. I would love to work with you again in the future. Best to you as you start your married life!!

Jane · Married on 12/30/2017

I can’t begin to express my delight with Lora and her crew! They were outstanding to work with, worked well with our other vendors, and were very accommodating for some of our special requests!
    The food was delicious and beautifully presented!
    I would highly recommend them!
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Jane, Thanks so much for taking time to give us such a wonderful review! I had so much fun working with you and Meredith! You certainly know how to throw a party - I hope you will contact me for any future catering needs! Lora

Natalie · Married on 07/01/2017

Lora was way more helpful than our venue in planning for the wedding. She went above and beyond what I expected from our caterer. The food was great, we received many compliments from our guests. Even though I technically didn't have a choice for our caterer because the Blank Park Zoo requires you to have Baratta's, I am very pleased with all of my interactions with them and with the food!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Natalie, I'm so glad to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the food. I loved getting to know you and Drew and your mom!! Thanks for taking time to write great reviews for us AND for sharing the photos! Congrats to you!

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

The food quality and the service were both exceptional. Lora was a great coordinator and she had tons of helpful ideas and information for our day. She was also willing to personalize our menu from different options across different packages without charging us a ton of extra money. The service on the day of our wedding was totally beyond my expectations. They checked in, but were not intrusive, and they were all extremely professional and helpful with my guests. I absolutely recommend Baratta's for your event!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Ashley,
    Thanks for a great review! I enjoyed working with you and Andrew. I'm so glad we were able to get the menu that you both wanted and that you enjoyed the service. I hope you will contact me for any future catering needs!

Allie · Married on 06/10/2017

We had our Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party at Baratta's and I couldn't recommend them enough. The food was absolutely delicious, which all our guests agreed with (still dream about that chicken!). I also planned my wedding from the East Coast and Lora could not have been more accommodating or helpful. She worked with me on a menu and was so quick on updating any small change I had and was very quick and polite in responding to my many questions. The staff really went above and beyond to make the whole night absolutely perfect and I'm so glad we kicked off our wedding weekend here!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Allie,
    Thanks for a great review! I'm so glad that you liked the food, especially the chicken, that was a brand new recipe inspired by YOU! I loved working with you and your family and so glad to be part of your special day!!

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2016

Working with Lora was the easiest part of our wedding planning. Before our initial meeting we were concerned Barattas would pressure us into adding on extras we didn't want. That couldn't have been further from the truth. Lora was very understanding of our desire to keep it small and went way above and beyond just providing catering services. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, she provided tips and feedback based on her experience in the industry, and she was available for any questions we had during the planning process. The food and the staff on our wedding day were top notch. We couldn't have hoped for a better experience with a caterer.

Sent on 06/24/2017

Ashley,

Thank you so much for choosing Baratta's! I'm so happy to hear that we were able to make this part of your planning easy - that's what we want to do. I enjoyed working with you and Chet! I hope you will contact me with any future catering needs. Thanks, Lora

D · Married on 06/11/2016

We could not have been more pleased with the service we received, both while planning our reception and at the event itself. Lora was extremely helpful and provided a ton of insight, even giving us ideas that went along with our theme to really make the event feel like "us". The food was amazing, the service was outstanding, and we couldn't have hoped for more. A huge thank you to the entire Baratta's staff!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Kathy · Married on 10/31/2015

We were really pleased with the job Barattas did for our daughters wedding reception. Lisa was in charge the day of and she was wonderful. She was very helpful. The food was great, Lisa helped us get organized and everything went very smoothly.

Sent on 11/17/2015

I've had Baratta's cater company functions, so as soon as I got engaged, I contacted them because I wanted them to cater our wedding reception. The food was amazing, the servers were very attentive, and we received several compliments on the food from our guests! I highly recommend Baratta's for any catering function!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Maggie · Married on 08/01/2015

Lora was amazing and very attentive. If I asked for something, it was there before I finished my sentence.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Jared · Married on 07/10/2015

We were more than satisfied with the quality of the service both prior to and during our event. Baratta's customized our social hour and dinner menu. Many of our guests noted that the food was "excellent" and "some of the best I've had at a wedding." We have absolutely no complaints.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Mitch · Married on 05/30/2015

Nick @ Forte/Baratta's was extremely easy to work with and made the process painless. The venue was great, the staff was excellent and the food was awesome! We highly encourage anyone having a wedding in Des Moines, even if they think they have the perfect spot picked out, give Nick a call and check out Forte.....We can't stress that enough and it doesn't hurt to look.

Mitch & Amy, May 2015

Sent on 06/15/2015

Possibly the most important thing about feeding 225 people is -- was the food good? Was it hot? Was it presented well. In this case, Baratta's hit all very well. The food was excellent...simply outstanding. We had many, many guests comment to us about how delicious the food tasted. We elected to have a duo plated entree, with a vegetarian option. The beef tenderloin was superb and the chicken amagio amazing.

Sent on 05/27/2015

Courtney · Married on 10/11/2014

Baratta's provided a delicious and classy rehearsal dinner for our party of 40 people. The Historical Building venue was fun to show to our out of town guests and everyone complimented the food and staff!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Brianne · Married on 09/27/2014

Our wedding guests loved the food and the staff was great! Special thanks to Lora Simpson for being so accommodating as I planned from San Diego and for working with us to serve local craft beer! Our family and friends had a fantastic time and were overwhelmingly complimentary on everything. Best of all, everything was worry-free for the groom and I and our parents. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Katie · Married on 09/06/2014

Nick, the wedding manager, is absolutely amazing! Went above and beyond to make our wedding the best night of our lives! Beautiful venue, excellent food and all around great service! Highly recommend them

Sent on 09/10/2014

Jeanne · Married on 09/21/2013

Forte was wonderful as the venue for our daughter's wedding last weekend. The manager, Nick, was so much fun to work with, very flexible, and totally accommodating. He also had great suggestions on other vendors which worked out beautifully as they worked together so well. Couldn't have been happier - Forte is beautiful and a lovely choice for a wedding with all the big windows. Just great.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Bethany · Married on 07/20/2013

Food was fresh, hot and delicious! We had Italian bread, salad with restaurant-made dressings, chicken parm and alfredo with noodles. Staff was professional and food was incredible. Definitely recommend.

Sent on 09/16/2013

alisa · Married on 12/11/2010

They did a great job! Very proffessional, food was worth the $$$!

Sent on 04/21/2011

Melissa · Married on 08/03/2008

Oh my gosh! I cannot say enough about Baratta's!! They were so wonderful. When our wedding was canceled and then rescheduled, they weren't able to give us a refund on our $500 deposit, which we were well aware of, but Lora Simpson called me and we were able to work it out so that I was able to bring my new husband, mother in law, mother, our two best friends, their two children and our four children in house for dinner after the wedding, and we were given a $200 credit to use towards our meal! I was so happy they were able to do that for us, because I know that typically they wouldn't have, and I feel that Lora bent over backwards to work this out for us. The food was outstanding, the service was awesome, the set up was beautiful...I just can't stop gushing about Baratta's. Come to think of it, I need to write them a thank you note!

Sent on 08/12/2008

Stacey · Married on 06/23/2007

We really enjoyed Barattas! All of our guests enjoyed their meal, people even talked about the food after the wedding. Great company to work with!!

Sent on 11/08/2009