Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • Meg
    Meg L. Married on 09/05/2021

Fantastic service, support and food!

We were thrilled to have Barattas Catering on our vendor team. Michelle is great to work with - a lot of timeline and non food ideas came from her! Plus the entire staff are constantly making sure your guests are having a good time. We had nothing but complements from guests about the food and service!

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Meg and Michael being a part of your day was our pleasure! Your smiles will be remembered for a lifetime! Thank you for your kind words! Michelle
  • Sharon
    Sharon Married on 06/13/2021

Delicious is an Understatement

Baratta's was absolutely perfect! They catered not only for our wedding dinner but lunch as well. Our guests raved about the food and there was more than enough for everyone. Michelle was so easy to work with, she made us feel like family! The staff was very professional, and they almost faded into the background. We would highly recommend Baratta's. We would use them again in a heart beat!

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Sharon and Dawn you both were a delight to work with and the smiles on your faces made our job easy! We wish you a long and happily ever after! Michelle
  • Courtney
    Courtney J. Married on 05/22/2021

Absolutely amazing!!

Barattas was the best to work with. Michelle makes everything so easy and she is SO friendly. She answered any and all questions we had and knew exactly what to review so we were fully prepared. The food was exceptional and all our guests loved it. Pricing was great and very reasonable for the amount of service that comes along with both the planning process and then the meal itself. I would recommend them time and time again and I will never be able to thank them enough for truly making our day perfect!

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Courtney and Tyler thank you for giving me the honor of being a part of your special day! The day was perfect just like the both of you!

• Jesse
    Jesse C. Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing food, better staff!

I used Baratta''s to cater my wedding earlier this year at Forte (which Baratta's owns) and I absolutely LOVED the food and really enjoyed working with them to plan our reception and our meal. I am writing this review 8 months later and I STILL have people telling me how much they loved the food and reception. 5 stars in every category.

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Thank you Jesse & Anna for sharing your day with Baratta's! Your smiles said it all for us and we wish you a long and happily ever after!
  • JENNIFER
    Jennifer R. Married on 10/17/2020

Great full service catering

We had Barattas cater our wedding and we were so happy we did. They were so accommodating and helpful. Michelle was so sweet and really eased all our worried about all the uncertainty going on around us. The staff were quietly walking around and cleaning up without us even noticing and our guests got a total stomach full of great food! Michelle even personally brought us our food to make sure we got to eat and left us a box of leftovers for the next day which was so thoughtful! I loved working with them. They even catered our cocktail hour. Loved working with them!

Jennifer & Jordan,
    Thank you for giving Baratta's the honor of being a part of your special day! I enjoyed working with you and wish you a long and happily ever after!
  • Michael
    Michael B. Married on 07/06/2019

Great service

Barattas was very responsive, easy to work with, and accommodating of our requests.
    Emily Married on 06/08/2019

AMAZING! Perfect food!\

Barattas catered my wedding recently and it was AMAZING! My whole head table had plates made for them and served right to them...staff was super friendly and made sure everything was perfect the whole night! Had so much food my family and I are going to be eating it for what seems like forever! So happy that I chose Barattas to do my wedding, HIGHLY recommend!
    Amanda Married on 11/17/2018

Wow, jut wow!

From the fabulous food, to the staff, to the amazing catering manager who helped us from beginning to end, overall a fabulous experience! No one went home dissatisfied and everyone is still raving about our food and the amazing service!
    Heather Married on 10/06/2018

Delicious and Affordable

Baratta’s is the exclusive caterer for our venue. When we had our tasting with them, the food was amazing and they let us try everything. We had originally planned to cut costs and go with grocery store cakes, however the Baratta's cake was so good we made room for it in the budget. We ordered a small round cutting cake (that we got to take home) and 3 sheet cakes - two chocolate and one vanilla. Baratta’s offers a couple of different options for catering; plated, buffet, and stations. We went with 3 catering stations - an appetizer station, a pasta station, and a roast beef carving station which we kept open for 2 hours. We did run out of the roast beef during the time, but we had a lot of pasta and most of our guests returned for second and third helpings of the food. Everything was cut and set up for our guests, and we received so many compliments on the cake and food. For the quality that we received, I can’t believe how little we spent.

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Thanks for the wonderful review, Heather! It was a pleasure working with you and Rob. I'm so happy you and your guests loved our food! All my best to you as you start your married life together!
    Mike Married on 01/26/2018
    Thank you very much for your part in making our wedding perfect. All of the food was exceptional and everyone commented on the entire menu. The wait-staff were extremely helpful and everything went off as scheduled. We could not have been more pleased with Barattas from our first phone call to the end of the evening. We will be giving you our hardiest recommendation to anyone we know needing catering services.

Mike & Brent

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Mike & Brent, we were honored to play a part in your very special day! I love hearing that everyone enjoyed the food and staff. Thank you so much for choosing Baratta's and for taking time to write a review. I would love to work with you again in the future. Best to you as you start your married life!!
    Jane Married on 12/30/2017
    I can’t begin to express my delight with Lora and her crew! They were outstanding to work with, worked well with our other vendors, and were very accommodating for some of our special requests!
    The food was delicious and beautifully presented!
    I would highly recommend them!
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Jane, Thanks so much for taking time to give us such a wonderful review! I had so much fun working with you and Meredith! You certainly know how to throw a party - I hope you will contact me for any future catering needs! Lora
    Natalie Married on 07/01/2017
    Lora was way more helpful than our venue in planning for the wedding. She went above and beyond what I expected from our caterer. The food was great, we received many compliments from our guests. Even though I technically didn't have a choice for our caterer because the Blank Park Zoo requires you to have Baratta's, I am very pleased with all of my interactions with them and with the food!

Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering's reply:

Natalie, I'm so glad to hear that you and your guests enjoyed the food. I loved getting to know you and Drew and your mom!! Thanks for taking time to write great reviews for us AND for sharing the photos! Congrats to you!
    Ashley Married on 06/24/2017
    The food quality and the service were both exceptional. Lora was a great coordinator and she had tons of helpful ideas and information for our day. She was also willing to personalize our menu from different options across different packages without charging us a ton of extra money. The service on the day of our wedding was totally beyond my expectations. They checked in, but were not intrusive, and they were all extremely professional and helpful with my guests. I absolutely recommend Baratta's for your event!

Ashley,
    Thanks for a great review! I enjoyed working with you and Andrew. I'm so glad we were able to get the menu that you both wanted and that you enjoyed the service. I hope you will contact me for any future catering needs!
    Allie Married on 06/10/2017
    We had our Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party at Baratta's and I couldn't recommend them enough. The food was absolutely delicious, which all our guests agreed with (still dream about that chicken!). I also planned my wedding from the East Coast and Lora could not have been more accommodating or helpful. She worked with me on a menu and was so quick on updating any small change I had and was very quick and polite in responding to my many questions. The staff really went above and beyond to make the whole night absolutely perfect and I'm so glad we kicked off our wedding weekend here!

Allie,
    Thanks for a great review! I'm so glad that you liked the food, especially the chicken, that was a brand new recipe inspired by YOU! I loved working with you and your family and so glad to be part of your special day!!
    Ashley Married on 10/15/2016
    Working with Lora was the easiest part of our wedding planning. Before our initial meeting we were concerned Barattas would pressure us into adding on extras we didn't want. That couldn't have been further from the truth. Lora was very understanding of our desire to keep it small and went way above and beyond just providing catering services. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, she provided tips and feedback based on her experience in the industry, and she was available for any questions we had during the planning process. The food and the staff on our wedding day were top notch. We couldn't have hoped for a better experience with a caterer.

Ashley,

Thank you so much for choosing Baratta's! I'm so happy to hear that we were able to make this part of your planning easy - that's what we want to do. I enjoyed working with you and Chet! I hope you will contact me with any future catering needs. Thanks, Lora
    D Married on 06/11/2016
    We could not have been more pleased with the service we received, both while planning our reception and at the event itself. Lora was extremely helpful and provided a ton of insight, even giving us ideas that went along with our theme to really make the event feel like "us". The food was amazing, the service was outstanding, and we couldn't have hoped for more. A huge thank you to the entire Baratta's staff!
    Kathy Married on 10/31/2015
    We were really pleased with the job Barattas did for our daughters wedding reception. Lisa was in charge the day of and she was wonderful. She was very helpful. The food was great, Lisa helped us get organized and everything went very smoothly.
  • User2393491 2+ years ago
    I've had Baratta's cater company functions, so as soon as I got engaged, I contacted them because I wanted them to cater our wedding reception. The food was amazing, the servers were very attentive, and we received several compliments on the food from our guests! I highly recommend Baratta's for any catering function!!
    Maggie Married on 08/01/2015
    Lora was amazing and very attentive. If I asked for something, it was there before I finished my sentence.
    Jared Married on 07/10/2015
    We were more than satisfied with the quality of the service both prior to and during our event. Baratta's customized our social hour and dinner menu. Many of our guests noted that the food was "excellent" and "some of the best I've had at a wedding." We have absolutely no complaints.
    Mitch Married on 05/30/2015
    Nick @ Forte/Baratta's was extremely easy to work with and made the process painless. The venue was great, the staff was excellent and the food was awesome! We highly encourage anyone having a wedding in Des Moines, even if they think they have the perfect spot picked out, give Nick a call and check out Forte.....We can't stress that enough and it doesn't hurt to look.

Mitch & Amy, May 2015
  • User2149363 2+ years ago
    Possibly the most important thing about feeding 225 people is -- was the food good? Was it hot? Was it presented well. In this case, Baratta's hit all very well. The food was excellent...simply outstanding. We had many, many guests comment to us about how delicious the food tasted. We elected to have a duo plated entree, with a vegetarian option. The beef tenderloin was superb and the chicken amagio amazing.
    Courtney Married on 10/11/2014
    Baratta's provided a delicious and classy rehearsal dinner for our party of 40 people. The Historical Building venue was fun to show to our out of town guests and everyone complimented the food and staff!
    Brianne Married on 09/27/2014
    Our wedding guests loved the food and the staff was great! Special thanks to Lora Simpson for being so accommodating as I planned from San Diego and for working with us to serve local craft beer! Our family and friends had a fantastic time and were overwhelmingly complimentary on everything. Best of all, everything was worry-free for the groom and I and our parents. Thank you!!!