32 Reviews for Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering

Champagne Toast (1)
Premium Liquor (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
32 Baratta's Restaurant & Italian Catering Reviews

Thank you very much for your part in making our wedding perfect. All of the food was exceptional and everyone commented on the entire menu. The wait-staff were extremely helpful and everything went off as scheduled. We could not have been more pleased with Barattas from our first phone call to the end of the evening. We will be giving you our hardiest recommendation to anyone we know needing catering services.

Mike & Brent

Profile Picture Mike, 1/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I can’t begin to express my delight with Lora and her crew! They were outstanding to work with, worked well with our other vendors, and were very accommodating for some of our special requests!
The food was delicious and beautifully presented!
I would highly recommend them!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Profile Picture Jane, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Lora was way more helpful than our venue in planning for the wedding. She went above and beyond what I expected from our caterer. The food was great, we received many compliments from our guests. Even though I technically didn't have a choice for our caterer because the Blank Park Zoo requires you to have Baratta's, I am very pleased with all of my interactions with them and with the food!

Profile Picture Natalie, 7/1/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food quality and the service were both exceptional. Lora was a great coordinator and she had tons of helpful ideas and information for our day. She was also willing to personalize our menu from different options across different packages without charging us a ton of extra money. The service on the day of our wedding was totally beyond my expectations. They checked in, but were not intrusive, and they were all extremely professional and helpful with my guests. I absolutely recommend Baratta's for your event!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Italian, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Tastings

We had our Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party at Baratta's and I couldn't recommend them enough. The food was absolutely delicious, which all our guests agreed with (still dream about that chicken!). I also planned my wedding from the East Coast and Lora could not have been more accommodating or helpful. She worked with me on a menu and was so quick on updating any small change I had and was very quick and polite in responding to my many questions. The staff really went above and beyond to make the whole night absolutely perfect and I'm so glad we kicked off our wedding weekend here!

Profile Picture Allie, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, American, Italian, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Wine, Liquor License

Working with Lora was the easiest part of our wedding planning. Before our initial meeting we were concerned Barattas would pressure us into adding on extras we didn't want. That couldn't have been further from the truth. Lora was very understanding of our desire to keep it small and went way above and beyond just providing catering services. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, she provided tips and feedback based on her experience in the industry, and she was available for any questions we had during the planning process. The food and the staff on our wedding day were top notch. We couldn't have hoped for a better experience with a caterer.

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The entire staff was great to work with. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating with our needs. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Everything was completely on point. Lora and her staff are the best!

Profile Picture Calleen , 10/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We could not have been more pleased with the service we received, both while planning our reception and at the event itself. Lora was extremely helpful and provided a ton of insight, even giving us ideas that went along with our theme to really make the event feel like "us". The food was amazing, the service was outstanding, and we couldn't have hoped for more. A huge thank you to the entire Baratta's staff!

Profile Picture D, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Lora went out of her way to make this a special evening for everyone. The food/service was wonderful.

Profile Picture Teri, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We were really pleased with the job Barattas did for our daughters wedding reception. Lisa was in charge the day of and she was wonderful. She was very helpful. The food was great, Lisa helped us get organized and everything went very smoothly.

Profile Picture Kathy, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Italian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

Our venue was the Des Moines Downtown Public Library, and Baratta's is one of the approved caterers. Since I've enjoyed the foods they have prepared at their cafe at the Historical Building, I thought it was a good choice. It was the BEST choice ever! I had notified Baratta's in March of our intention to use their services in October, and they DID respond right away and provided me with all of the information I would need. I was very slow in getting my vendors in order, so it was actually the end of August before I got back to them. They still treated me very respectfully and graciously, and not in a judgmental way at all. We finally got around to scheduling a tasting the end of September, and they gave us four of our food-choices to try. We wanted appetizers rather than a plated-meal, and there was one item that we decided wouldn't fit into the menu. We were given suggestions of substitutions, AND, Lora paid attention to MY dietary needs and assured me that we could have a wide variety of offerings. She also took the time to answer my questions regarding the contract, so I understood the rights and responsibilities of both sides. They even allowed me to bring in additional desserts, which they graciously served also! The day of the wedding, the staff worked in a very professional and efficient manner to set up the table linens that I had also ordered, and folded the napkins to better fit the design of the tables. They even allowed me to change one of their decorations to one of mine, to better fit our color-scheme. The set-up up of the serving tables was very inviting and the food was divine! My guests kept telling me what a wonderful reception we had and how much they loved the food! Their clean-up was also very efficient. I had left-overs, and Jessie and the staff prepared them to go home with me. For the money I paid, I got a VERY good value!

Profile Picture Dana, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, American, Italian, Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Specialty Wine

Good food. Worked well to accommodate special requests. Great bartenders.

Profile Picture User5562574, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I've had Baratta's cater company functions, so as soon as I got engaged, I contacted them because I wanted them to cater our wedding reception. The food was amazing, the servers were very attentive, and we received several compliments on the food from our guests! I highly recommend Baratta's for any catering function!!

Profile Picture User5562456, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, American, Italian, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer
4.7

Working with Nick at Forte made our wedding planning so easy. The venue catered through Baratta's, and we could not have been happier. We sampled five entrees and two appetizers a few months before our wedding, and everything was delicious. We settled on the chicken cacciatore and the pollo penne as our two main entrees. They were excellent at making substitutions to whole-grain pasta and wheat bread. Plus, when we decided at the last minute to swap to the potato croquettes, the staff was flexible and accommodating. It was also very easy to bring in a local craft beer for guests at the reception. Everyone raved about our food. Plus, since Barratta's is also a stand alone restaurant, we can enjoy these entrees when we dine out and remember our special night.

Profile Picture User5371391, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Tastings, Italian, Vegetarian, Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Specialty Beer

Lora was amazing and very attentive. If I asked for something, it was there before I finished my sentence.

Profile Picture Maggie, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Best vendor for the value for my options at Stoney Creek. Service was great from beginning to end

Profile Picture Randi, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We were more than satisfied with the quality of the service both prior to and during our event. Baratta's customized our social hour and dinner menu. Many of our guests noted that the food was "excellent" and "some of the best I've had at a wedding." We have absolutely no complaints.

Profile Picture Jared, 7/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

When my DJ tried to find the cake cutting utensils he wasn't able to find anyone to ask so we ended up having to use a regular butter knife. Other than that everything went well. Thank you.

Profile Picture Corina, 6/20/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Nick @ Forte/Baratta's was extremely easy to work with and made the process painless. The venue was great, the staff was excellent and the food was awesome! We highly encourage anyone having a wedding in Des Moines, even if they think they have the perfect spot picked out, give Nick a call and check out Forte.....We can't stress that enough and it doesn't hurt to look.

Mitch & Amy, May 2015

Profile Picture Mitch, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Possibly the most important thing about feeding 225 people is -- was the food good? Was it hot? Was it presented well. In this case, Baratta's hit all very well. The food was excellent...simply outstanding. We had many, many guests comment to us about how delicious the food tasted. We elected to have a duo plated entree, with a vegetarian option. The beef tenderloin was superb and the chicken amagio amazing.

Profile Picture User5117883, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Baratta's provided a delicious and classy rehearsal dinner for our party of 40 people. The Historical Building venue was fun to show to our out of town guests and everyone complimented the food and staff!

Profile Picture Courtney, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our wedding guests loved the food and the staff was great! Special thanks to Lora Simpson for being so accommodating as I planned from San Diego and for working with us to serve local craft beer! Our family and friends had a fantastic time and were overwhelmingly complimentary on everything. Best of all, everything was worry-free for the groom and I and our parents. Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Brianne, 9/27/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Nick, the wedding manager, is absolutely amazing! Went above and beyond to make our wedding the best night of our lives! Beautiful venue, excellent food and all around great service! Highly recommend them

Profile Picture Katie, 9/6/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Lora at Barattas made the catering process easy. She contacted us regularly, checked out our venue to make a catering plan, and mapped out what our responsibilities were leading up to the big day.

I thought the price for approximately a hundred and fifty guests was spot on; maybe a little low even, considering the quality of the food being so high. From over hearing some conversations, Barattas was doing four other weddings on the same day as ours, and we still ended up with some of the best food, best service, and most unforgettable day I will ever have.

Profile Picture User4198675, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Forte was wonderful as the venue for our daughter's wedding last weekend. The manager, Nick, was so much fun to work with, very flexible, and totally accommodating. He also had great suggestions on other vendors which worked out beautifully as they worked together so well. Couldn't have been happier - Forte is beautiful and a lovely choice for a wedding with all the big windows. Just great.

Profile Picture Jeanne, 9/21/13, 4 Reviews