Banquets of Minnesota Reviews

58 Reviews for Banquets of Minnesota

• Heather

Heather Allen · Getting married on 02/26/2021

Reception hall

Amazing service and very easy to work with and plan out all of the details. They sit down and discuss everything you need to know and recommend the best services including DJs, hotels, desert caterers, etc. They accommodate to our needs which made it for the most relaxing part of wedding planning.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Katy · Getting married on 09/26/2020

Awesome and great prices!

Very knowledgeable, helpful, and flexible. Beautiful venue! Can’t wait to have our event there!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Jamie Meyer · Married on 10/19/2019

Great venue!!!

Banquets of Minnesota was great!! Leslie was super easy to work with and made all the planning very easy! The food was fantastic and reasonably priced, so many people kept telling us all night it was the best meal they’ve ever had at a wedding! All the staff there were so friendly and helpful, the room looked amazing, we can’t say enough good things about Banquets of Minnesota. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Briana · Married on 09/07/2019

Most Amazing Experience

We recently had our wedding reception held at the Blaine location for the Banquets of MN. We went with the elegance ballroom for a larger guest capacity. We could have not had a better experience! There was plenty of room for everyone, an awesome dance floor great lighting and it was absolutely beautiful. On the day of the reception, staff took care of everything so there was not a single worry from us. All the staff members were absolutely amazing and friendly. The food we selected was beyond delicious and we had countless guests commenting how much they loved the food. Then our wedding coordinator Gloria really made our dreams come true. She worked so hard to make sure the place looked exactly how we envisioned it and we didn't worry about a thing. She was so easy to communicate with and really made our reception amazing. I would highly recommend the Banquets of MN for having a wedding. These guys truly know what they are doing and know how to make your wedding day perfect!

Sent on 09/15/2019

Melissa · Married on 09/07/2018

Gloria is amazing to work with! I have zero complaints from our initial meeting all the way through our evening. I highly recommend this place, its beautiful, there are many perks to this place. We had the time of our lives, and part of that is attributed to the venue. our guests still rave about the food, 1 month later. We feel so blessed that we found this place, please go check it out.

Sent on 10/10/2018

Echo · Married on 09/02/2018

Phenomenal

Amazing place. Amazing people.
    Accommodated 330 people with room for more.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Teresa · event on: 04/20/2018

This was the perfect venue for our event. Staff was friendly and helpful. The facility was clean and well organized/ arranged. The food (pasta and salad) was awesome! Thank you!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Jasmayne · Married on 04/14/2018

Such a beautiful place and so affordable. They work with you closely

Sent on 12/09/2017

Carrie · Married on 03/31/2018

I am not certain I have the right words to express how truly grateful I am to Leslie and the entire Banquets crew in Fridley for making my wedding day amazing. Throughout the process, Leslie was professional and helpful. She always had great advice when we were struggling with decisions (which beer to buy for our guests/which food options to choose/which linens to use/etc...). I was planning our wedding while living overseas in the Peace Corps and she was completely flexible with me in our unique situation.

The banquet halls themselves are GORGEOUS. All of my guests said so. The permanent draping looked so elegant - and once all the tables were decorated and everything in place - I had to take a step back and just admire.

All of my guests commented on the food. I didn't get to eat too much (typical bride right?) but what I ate was incredible! And it was beautifully presented in the buffet. We had mimosas and sandwiches provided to us as we got ready - the boys had beer and sandwiches while they played Xbox in their getting ready rooms. The getting ready suite for the girls was perfectly lit and a good amount of space for all our stuff!

Leslie worked with all my vendors to get them set up - I hardly had to speak with them if they needed anything - she was on top of it.

To top it all off - Leslie was even there to help with my bustle before the grand entrance because everyone was struggling with it!

Going above and beyond seemed second nature for her - my reception was simply perfect. We all had so much fun!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 04/08/2018

Annie · Married on 11/18/2017

As the mother of the bride, I can't say how incredibly wonderful it was to work with this venue! Both Gloria and Dan were amazing--they created a timeless memory that exceeded our expectations...they were attentive, responsive, professional, and made us feel like we were the only wedding in the world! The special touches were so great!, the food delicious, and we all had a blast at the reception! Thank you so much--wouldn't change a thing! <3

Sent on 11/20/2017

Mariah · Married on 11/18/2017

We got married at the Blaine location the on 18th of November and everything was PERFECT! Gloria is amazing and will help you plan the wedding of your dreams at a reasonable price. Something that really stuck out to me was that my mom/his mom/our families didn't have to do anything. The staff set up and take down everything with the centerpieces THEY provide ( and they're SO hard to choose from! we went with lanterns!) Also, the FOOD! Oh my goodness. Listen up. They offer a taste testing and you get to try their most popular food options. And everything we tried that night was SO good. But on our wedding night, it was somehow SO much better. Cindy, who helped us pick out our menu items at the taste testing night, promised to work on our wedding night and carried my plate for me to the head table for me. So above and beyond!! We had the time of our lives and our loved ones said our wedding was EPIC :) We met the owner several times when we were coming and going, and he is SUCH a cool guy! Thank you to Dan, Gloria, Cindy and the rest of the BOM staff who made our wedding night unforgettable! :)

Sent on 12/18/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

The venue was AMAZING. My (now) husband and I were incredibly pleased with our choice here. The place is really a blank canvas for whatever you want your wedding to be. (We wanted a Halloween-themed wedding, with people in costumes or comfort, and once we had it decorated, you felt like it was Halloween.) It was comfortable, clean, and there are wonderful ready rooms! PLUS, there's a DJ booth built in, so the DJ isn't taking up valuable space on/near the dance floor. And the food!! I can't even put into words how good the food was. We had stuffed veggies and dip, Cesar salad, whipped potatoes and gravy, glazed carrots, country baked ham, stuffed chicken breast, and bread sticks. It was such a wonderful spread of amazing food. That chef is dynamite. And not one of our guests had a complaint. The first thing that struck me was how nice Leslie was to work with. She's a firm operator and I knew my wedding was in very good hands. Even at our first meeting, she was welcoming, friendly, and incredibly knowledgeable. My husband and I were doing the wedding all on our own; no planner. But Leslie turned out to be more than capable of being a wedding planner. She helped us organize our thoughts and verbalize what we wanted. She was incredibly accommodating, and very prompt at answering her emails. (I'm sure she would be the same with phone calls, but I hate calling people, so email it is. And sometimes I get hesitant about emailing because it's easy to be put off by the recipient, but Leslie ALWAYS got back to me within 24 hours (usually way less than 24, I swear she doesn't sleep).) Between her and the rest of the staff, we were well taken care of. Just the nicest people on such a stressful day. Also, the location is great. Just off of 694 and 65. It's easy for anyone to get to, and really not hard to find. My guests really appreciated that. I would HIGHLY recommend Banquets of Minnesota for your wedding.

Sent on 11/29/2017

Ayla · Married on 10/21/2017

I would defiantly go back here ! Gloria was such a help with everything I needed. Our gusts are still to 2 months later talking about the food and venue ! My soon to be sister in law even booked her wedding there for next October!

Sent on 12/07/2017

JoAnn · Married on 07/01/2017

The Banquets of MN made our wedding absolutely amazing and unforgettable. Leslie and her staff are the BEST!!!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Heidi · Married on 05/06/2017

Everything was perfect!! Leslie B. was right there helping helping prepare months in advance and during the ceremony and reception. And food...OMG!! It was excellent!! All of it! My husband ever went so far as to seek the chef out and praise him. Turns out his father owns Banquets of Minnesota. I can't say enough about this place. We were at the Fridley location.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Danielle · Married on 12/03/2016

Can't afford a wedding planner but need some extra help? Banquets of Minnesota and there staff are just what you need. My coordinator, Gloria, was so flexible and accommodating. Her knowledge helped me create the perfect day. No question I had was unanswered and anything I needed wasn't left unfinished. She made sure it got taken care of. I could not have been happier with the staff and the quality of service we received. I was getting compliments from guest about the staff! They are simply that amazing. Dan, the owner, was just superb as well. He made sure every detail was perfect. If you choose Banquets of Minnesota, let them do there thing and you will be dazzled! They are a well oiled machine and will give you a night to remember! They are worth every penny you spend with them and that's what's even better, it's not expensive compared to other places! During the off season you get the room at half-price and even their preferred vendors give you discounted rates as well. You will save hundreds by having your event in the winter season. They do everything; bingo, dances, weddings, banquets, company parties., you name it, they will plan it! I could go on forever about how beautiful this venue was and how amazing the staff is, but at the end of the day, you'll just have to see for yourself. You won't be sorry!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Lauren · Married on 10/29/2016

We absolutely loved having our wedding reception held at Banquets of Minnesota! The staff is so friendly and extremely helpful and did everything they possibly could to make our wedding day special. The event coordinators are very organized, and the owner is very detail oriented when it comes to setting up the venue for your big day. We were even blessed by a surprise ice sculpture donated by the staff that fit the theme of our wedding. Not only is the staff beyond amazing but the price is extremely affordable and the food was beyond amazing. Another plus is this vendor works closely with Midwest Sound DJ Entertainment and couples who go through that company for their DJ get a special discount. Nothing but good things to say about Banquets of Minnesota :)

Sent on 12/08/2016

Tia · Married on 10/15/2016

So glad we found Banquets of Minnesota! Everything was seamless!! Guest raved over the food the staff was amazingly helpful! If I was to have my wedding again I would not choose another place. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/20/2016

M · Married on 10/08/2016

Most fabulous staff to work with! Food was delicious and offered many meal choices. We feel we absolutely got the most bang for our buck. The facilities are newly remodeled, modern and beautiful. Definitely a country club feel without the country club price!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Emily · Married on 09/24/2016

We had an amazing experience at banquets of mn! It is a beautiful place. The staff are very easy to work with and very flexible! And the food, the food was phenomenal! Our guests are still telling us how much they enjoyed it!!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Emily · Married on 09/17/2016

We got engaged and married in 4 months time. When looking for a venue, we had very few choices as it was such short. Notice. I found out the Elegance Room was available and went to look at it immediately. I loved it, so brought my husband as well. We booked immediately.

We had all of our meetings with Kelley at the beginning. She was so helpful and went over our food and budget with us. We wanted a little bit of a different reception, no sit down dinner and I had an idea for an app that wasn't on their menu and they accommodated us and were so willing to help.

We went to the dinner for all future couples and got a few more questions answered and got to sample all the food. It was awesome.

Gloria came back from maternity leave and took over for Kelley. We were a little worried that some things would get lost in the shuffle, but everything was perfect and we communicated easily about any changes we wanted to make.

The day of the wedding we arrived to decorate and Dan was there setting up the room. He is so kind and amazing. I gave him a huge hug. He genuinely cared about us and our day and wanted it to be perfect.

We arrived for our reception and it was stunning. We got SO MANY compliments on everything throughout the evening. We feel so lucky that we were able to have our event here and would recommend them to anyone.

To Dan, Kelley, and Gloria, on a personal note, our day was everything we wanted it to be. Thank you for being so kind and accommodating to Adam and me. Big hugs to the 3 of you.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Lorraine · Married on 11/14/2015

My very close friend had her wedding reception in the Vivian Ballroom at MN Banquet hall this past weekend and it was phenomenal thanks to Dan and his staff! Dan was so flexible and worked with us to get the hall set-up, and made special arrangements so we could drop the cake off early, the night before. The hall was decorated to perfection, and colors matched perfectly! The food was awesome! If you are looking for an ideal place to hold your reception, or having any type of party catered, I recommend you contact Dan! You will not be disappointed! I have recommended Dan, and all of his facilities to many friends and family! Awesome job Dan! Thank you so much for taking care of my special friend on her big day! We couldn't have asked for anything better!

Sent on 11/17/2015

Natalie · Married on 07/31/2015

I just held my wedding at Banquets of Minnesota in July and absolutely loved it! Leslie and Dan are amazing to work with. They made sure that my special day was just perfect! I also wanted to note how delicious the food was!! People are still telling us how much they loved it!

Sent on 09/08/2015

Tiffany · Married on 06/20/2015

I had an absolutely perfect reception thanks to Leslie and her beautiful venue. I was in the Grand Olympian room and let me tell you that place is beyond gorgeous. Huge dance floor, riser seating for the wedding party, extremly spacious and a HUGE well stocked bar (which my dad loved). Leslie took care of everything for me, any questions I had she was quick to answer and set this Bride at ease. The food..oh the food! My guest are STILL talking about it. Everything was beyond delicious but I got the best reviews from my guest on the roast beef..mmm! There are also these amazing dressing rooms for both the Bride/Bridesmaids and Groom/Groomsman. The Bridesmaids room has multiple vanities so everyone could get ready at once which was so convenient, plus a HUGE mirror in the middle of the room for the Bride to see her whole dress and take beautiful pictures in front of. The Groomsman room came with lots of nice leather couches and of course a HUGE screen TV- my hubby loved it. Leslie took care of ordering my beautiful ice sculpture, setting up everything with my DJ (which she also booked for me and used the same down deposit as the venues!) and my photo booth. I honestly cannot think of one thing that went wrong with this venue or working with Leslie- she made my reception perfect..a true Princess Wedding that still gives me butterflies when I think about it. I would, without a doubt, highly recommend having your reception here if you want the PERFECT day <3

Sent on 09/25/2015

s & i · Married on 04/11/2015

Leslie and Dan are two of the easiest vendors to talk with! They are so quick with their replies and so easy to work with! They are fun yet professional! The food was amazing for our wedding reception. We have not heard one complaint. We have heard many people went up for seconds!
    The venue itself is deceiving from the outside. it is truly beautiful inside!
    we are so happy that we chose to have our reception here. The day and event could not have gone smoother!

Sent on 04/21/2015