Baltimore Museum of Industry Reviews

Baltimore Museum of Industry 6
Baltimore Museum of Industry 7

Brittany · Married on 11/30/2018

Simply Amazing

Not only was this the perfect location, their staff - especially Kelley - was absolutely amazing to work with! They were so attentive and helpful and made sure our day went smoothly! I would highly recommend this location for any event!

• thatOTlady

A · Married on 10/14/2018

Sunday Wedding

We were married at the BMI on 10/14/18 and could have imagined a more picture-perfect event. From the moment we toured the venue, we knew it was perfect for our Baltimore themed wedding. The opportunity to have a waterfront ceremony and a modern, neon-lit reception all in one venue is astounding! We worked with Kelley throughout the year to plan our event, and she was everything we could have hoped for and more. She responded to emails quickly, gave excellent advice, made suggestions as needed, ensured we got the most out of our time for the evening, and was just all-around hilarious. Angie was our contact for the rehearsal and day of the wedding, and her efficiency and expertise helped make sure our day ran smoothly and on schedule.
    Both our out-of-town and Baltimore-native guests were blown away by the atmosphere of the BMI, and we were thrilled with the service and the price. It is a stunning venue that will make your day one to remember!

Baltimore Museum of Industry 8
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 9
  • Kacy

Kacy C · Married on 10/12/2018

Fall Wedding

BMI was an amazing location for our wedding. We had both our ceremony (outside) and reception here. Everything ran smoothly and guests loved the uniqueness of the location. And the staff were amazing. Kelley was so helpful, giving suggestions for ceremony setup and helping keep our timeline on schedule. Couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Baltimore Museum of Industry 10
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 11

Julia · Married on 09/22/2018

I just got married this past weekend, and I cannot explain how unbelievably thrilled we were with the BMI. From the first moment we toured the space a year and a half ago until this past Saturday at our actual wedding, working with them was a dream.

We worked with Kelley specifically, who was so professional, helpful, accommodating and just fun. She quelled any fears we had and provided really insightful tips on other vendors to use, what kind of music would be audible during the ceremony on the dock, etc. She all around was just awesome and I plan to go back and visit her on a regular basis- that's how cool and kind she is.

As for the space itself, it's mind-blowing. From the gorgeous harbor view on the dock, illuminated by the picturesque Domino Sugar sign to the amazing array of funky, awesome exhibits inside, one-of-a-kind doesn't even begin to do it justice. It is somehow both industrial, artsy and stunningly beautiful all at once. It's the perfect venue for the offbeat couple. There's even a movie theater inside which we had play reruns of the Office the entire time (personal touch)! Everyone I talked to commented on the space and raved about how it was the coolest wedding venue they'd ever seen. And considering that the super reasonable rental price also includes tables, chairs, leaving most of the exhibits open AND a giant free parking lot? It just cannot be beat.

Check it out. You will not regret it-- and you will have the coolest wedding you and everyone you invite has EVER been to.

Thomas · Married on 09/21/2018

This venue exceeded our expectations in every way. The location and parking made it easy for our guests. The staff was amazing to work with (especially Kelley!) and I'd recommend the BMI to anyone looking for a fun wedding venue in Baltimore.

Megan · Married on 08/11/2018

We had a wonderful experience at the BMI! We wanted a unique space with great views of the harbor, so the BMI was the perfect choice. Kelley was amazing and promptly responded to all of our questions. We received so many compliments from our guests about the venue and how cool it was to view the exhibits on the wedding day. Our bridal party and family raved about Kelley and how helpful she was the day of the event. We were so happy with how everything turned out and so glad we picked the BMI!

Baltimore Museum of Industry 12
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 13
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 14
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 15

Larry · Married on 07/28/2018

Our daughter and son-in-law chose The Baltimore Museum of Industry for their wedding. They wanted something unique that fit more of their personalities than the big wedding venue. From the first time we met with Claire and Kelley we realized that this would be the perfect location. The ceremony took place overlooking the water and the evening photos with the lights and buildings was just stunning.

Claire and Kelley could not have been more helpful and accommodating. They worked with us and were very flexible. Kelley was there the entire evening to make sure all went smoothly.

Our guests loved the venue and all it had to offer. They enjoyed checking out the venue during the cocktail hour and seeing all the different displays they had. The cocktail hour was set up throughout the venue so people could really enjoy what the museum had to offer.

We could not have been happier with our choice to have the wedding at THE BMI and would recommend anyone looking for a place to have a wedding or any other large party to have it there.

Matthew · Married on 07/27/2018

This venue was awesome! We ended up having a much smaller guest count than we originally anticipated (we invited more than 150 and ended up in the low 80s, due to a lot of people living very far away), but it didn’t feel too spacious even though it could have handled hundreds more people, because of the way they set up the space Since it is essentially a large open rectangle, there aren’t many limitations on how they can arrange your tables/dance area/seating. We also did our ceremony indoors because of heat and rain, and it was still beautiful in front of the wall of glass windows facing out on the harbor. We loved working with Kelley who is a really cool, down-to-earth and extremely helpful person. They were very accommodating and responsive.

The exhibits are built-in entertainment for your guests, and a lot of fun. We also paid to have the Cannery open during the cocktail hour, and it was a nice touch to allow everyone to walk around the museum while the food was being set up. (In case you’re interested, we went with Rouge Catering - I believe the museum has a list of approved caterers, and Rouge is on this list. They are very familiar with this venue and didn’t need any help figuring out set up arrangements or coordination).

My only constructive criticism: I made a video to play in the theater room (I highly recommend doing this, it was so fun and all the guests loved it), but I would heartily suggest watching the entire video all the way through on the big screen before the event! My video was cut off towards the end unfortunately, it wasn’t a huge deal but it probably could have been avoided. Also, the first time through, the video crashed so I had to run get the event manager - again not a huge deal but perhaps we should have played it all the way through once before the event started to make sure it would run smoothly. I think that is a very minor issue, which was half my own fault. Other than that, everything was perfect!

Baltimore Museum of Industry 16
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 17
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 18
  • WALTER

WALTER · Married on 07/06/2018

BEAUTIFUL AND AMAZING!!! This venue is absolutely perfect and we are so happy that we had our wedding reception there!!! Between the displays and the panoramic views of the harbor -- everything was great. The BMI was easy to work with , responsive, and took care of our needs. We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our 190 guests. The dance floor (with a band) was plentiful and at night, the guests were able to enjoy the patio outside as well.

Tara · Married on 06/30/2018

My Husband and I are so happy that we selected the BMI as the venue for our wedding. From the very beginning for the tour to the day of the wedding, everything was made effortlessly. I worked with Kelley the most and she was always so responsive to my questions and glad that she was the POC for the day of. The venue itself is so fun and the views of Baltimore are the best! I was going for a Baltimore theme and this venue nailed it! I would highly recommend the BMI for any special event.

Margie · Married on 06/29/2018

There is no better place to have an event than the Baltimore Museum of Industry! The BMI went above and beyond our expectations! First off all, the people at BMI are the most helpful, attentive, caring people. They made me feel like our wedding was the most important event going on at the BMI. When I had questions, I always got immediate responses from Kelley. She had answers and solutions for everything I needed. Angie was at our event and was one step ahead of everything. The museum is a beautiful setting both inside and out. The ceremony was outside on the patio and couldn't have been better. The view of the city skyline, the activity on the water and the evening sunset is perfect! The reception was inside and was elegant. There is no need for expensive decorations because the museum offers such a beautiful backdrop. I had votive candles in the wall of glass windows and simple candles in jars on the tables. Our guests could walk through the museum, dance, walk outside on the pier and enjoy the sunset and city lights on the water. I am 110% happy with our selection of the BMI and strongly recommend having your wedding there! They have it all!!

Jocelyn · Married on 05/27/2018

GO FOR THE SPACE, STAY FOR THE STAFF!

BMI is very unique space. There's plenty of cool exhibits, so at a minimum, just go check it out. From the start we communicated with Kelley and were then linked with Angie for our tour. These two women are phenomenal. Kelley is probably the most responsive person we worked. She answered any and every question I had and made me feel completely at ease. Angie was our day of venue rep, and she really made it all come together. She worked SO well with our other vendors. We had torrential downpours on our wedding day, especially right when I arrived. Angie made sure that I got in the building quickly, discretely, and DRY!

Due to those downpours, we had to move our ceremony inside. The space was just as perfect inside as the vision we had for outside. The large windows really gave us the perfect background. We really maxed out the space with our 250-person guest list, but no one felt cramped or uncomfortable. During the cocktail hour, there was plenty of space for our guests to walk around and explore the museum while we took photos in the gallery. The exhibits also just gave them stuff to do rather than stand around and have idle conversations. We couldn't be more happy with our choice.

TIP: Go with Zeffert & Gold Catering. They know the space very well and adapt quickly.

Baltimore Museum of Industry 19
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 26
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 27
    Baltimore Museum of Industry 28

Angi · Married on 05/11/2018

What a terrific venue!!!! Kelley helped me step 1 till the last day. Angie was the coordinator of the wedding day and wow what a great job. My family and guests were blown away by the great décor, beautiful skyline and over al energy this place provided for our wedding day. Everyone was easy to work with and responded to questions and concerns immediately. I would definitely give this place a chance you won't be disappointed!!!

Ali · Married on 05/05/2018

Jon and I got married at the Baltimore Museum of Industry on May 5th and absolutely loved it. Our guests (especially the out of town guests) are still ranting and raving about the venue. Despite the weather it turned out to be an amazing evening. Angie was a huge help and as the bride, if anything went wrong I had no clue haha because that night was absolutely perfect. I did most of my planning interaction with Kelley Edelmann who was very responsive, within 24 hours, to all of my emails and/or phone calls and everything went off without a hitch. From the sneak peek of photos we received last week, the pictures are spectacular. We took photos in the blacksmith shop, at the green car, in the theater and outside the Pharmacy which turned out so unique and really captured the personality of the venue, of us, and of the evening. Thank you for making that night such as special evening!

Brandon · Married on 04/07/2018

The Baltimore Museum of Industry was the PERFECT place for our wedding. I cannot say enough about how the staff, venue, view, professionalism and friendliness! From the day we first toured we received nothing but warmth and excitement for our wedding from the BMI, especially Kelley. I think they might have been even more excited then we were! Our guests are still talking about the charm and space. Absolutely beautiful. I wish we could do it all over again!!

Caren · Married on 03/10/2018

Even before getting engaged, I knew the BMI was the venue in which I wanted to have my wedding. And after taking my now husband for the first time, he was immediately on board with the idea. Once we got engaged, we didn’t even bother looking anywhere else. From the get go, we knew we made the right decision. We had the pleasure of working with Kelley throughout the planning process and to say she is amazing is an understatement. Even on the day of the wedding, she went above and beyond to ensure that we did not have to worry about a single thing beyond enjoying ourselves. So if you’re looking for a wedding venue with an amazing and ultra-accommodating staff, expansive water views, interesting and interactive exhibits for guests, and the knowledge that the money you’re paying is going toward keeping this wonderful and unique museum open, look no further.

Katelyn · Married on 01/20/2018

There is no place on this planet more magical for a winter wedding. I can barely put in to words what this venue means to my Husband and I. When we first visited the museum, I saw this space and said “wouldn’t it be so cool to be married here?” But when we got engaged, we thought we’d never make it happen. From day one of this process, Kelley, Claire and team were AMAZING. We visited on a Sunday and they walked us through everything- set up, cost, timing, their upcoming Wedding show, exhibit bits, when we could visit for walk-through, what to expect the weekend of, EVERYTHING. We quickly reached out about a date and got set up. Throughout the process, I relied on Kelley for advice on vendors, decor, layout, getting our insurance and more. No email went unanswered, they actually exceeded every expectation. During our rehearsal, I was a bit nervous. However, they managed to wrangle 20+ people and get everyone excited! They made sure everyone who was walking was comfortable and had their moment. The day of was beyond our wildest dreams. Kelley unlocked the dock for our first look- a special moment as we had once sunk a boat just outside the museum. She also helped organize our set up and ensured everyone made it in for the ceremony. She was present for the entire day, whenever we needed her. I can’t really express how grateful we are to the BMI team for making our dreams a reality for the very best day of our lives.

Kristi · Married on 01/13/2018

The team at the BMI was so helpful and responsive! The venue itself was simply amazing and was everything we imagined for our big day. We had around 100 guests and the space was very accommodating to this number of guest but could have handle a wedding with more than double that number of guests. We want to thank the team at the BMI for their quick responses to all our questions and needs they always responded within one business day! There is no better place to get married in all of Maryland!!

Baltimore Museum of Industry 29

Brianne · Married on 12/29/2017

When my husband and I were looking for a unique venue in Baltimore, the BMI was the perfect choice! We had an indoor evening wedding and the view of the harbor, even from inside, was amazing. Guests were raving about all the different rooms and loved having a docent available during cocktail hour to explain parts of the museum to them. We worked with Kelley during the planning process and she made everything so simple. On the day of, we had some one there to help with ceremony set up and to make the night run smoothly, there was no need for a day of planner! I cannot recommend this place enough; if you want a unique experience for your guests the BMI is absolutely the place for your wedding!

Adora · Married on 11/28/2017

Everyone at the BMI was extremely helpful, courteous, and attentive to all of our needs. We could not be happier with our experience and we've continued to get amazing feedback from our guest in response to how beautiful the venue was. Thank you thank you thank you!

Valerie · Married on 11/25/2017

The museum was the perfect setting for my daughter's wedding in November. The staff was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend the BMI!!

Alex · Married on 11/18/2017

I honestly cannot put into words how awesome this night was for us! Every single person I worked with at the BMI was professional and awesome. Thank you so much for everything, seriously... everything!!!

Jen · Married on 10/14/2017

When we first began planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to hold our reception somewhere memorable. From our first visit at the BMI, we we certain that it was a place that our guests would never forget. We had the most incredible experience working with the Baltimore Museum of Industry. Claire and Kelly do a wonderful job suggesting vendors, helping to coordinate vendors the night of the event, and making sure everything runs smoothly. Our guests had an incredible time, and we had a gorgeous backdrop to celebrate one of the most important events of our lives.

i planned my own wedding without the help of a planner, and I cannot stress enough how much holding our reception at the BMI eased the process for me. Claire made sure that we had a meeting in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and worked with our caterer to establish both a rain and shine plan. We loved having our cocktail hour on the deck, which was a beautiful setting for photographs, and then moving the party inside for the rest of the night. The space is perfect for a wedding of 150-200 people, and the shape of the room lends itself to getting people on the dance floor. We also loved having things for our guests to do (wander the museum) if they weren't as in to dancing. We would absolutely book the BMI again, and look forward to having somewhere to visit to relive our wedding day! (All Photos are Photography By Brea)

Jamie · Married on 10/08/2017

Such a wonderful and unique venue! A beautiful space inside the museum with so many interesting and fun exhibits. Plus the harbor is a great backdrop. The BMI and Domino Sugar signs outside that are lit keep the view beautiful at night and are also great for nighttime pictures. All of the staff at the museum were friendly, helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process. I would absolutely recommend the BMI as a wedding and event venue. Guests were commenting all night and after the wedding, as well about how great of a venue it was. I am so happy we found this unique spot, it was absolutely perfect. I could not have imagined my wedding anywhere else!

Debbie · Married on 09/09/2017

The BMI was a very unique and beautiful venue. It has a beautiful few of Baltimore's Inner Harbor . They are sooo accommodating. They helped setting up , provided ladders and easels for or signs. They helped get our movie/slideshow working. They even got our 3 yr old flower girl to walk down the isle. Very professional and worth every cent.