109 Reviews for Baltimore Museum of Industry

User Photos
todo alt text
Indoor (27)
Uncovered Outdoor (23)
Preferred Vendors Only (13)
Covered Outdoor (6)
108 Baltimore Museum of Industry Reviews

The team at the BMI was so helpful and responsive! The venue itself was simply amazing and was everything we imagined for our big day. We had around 100 guests and the space was very accommodating to this number of guest but could have handle a wedding with more than double that number of guests. We want to thank the team at the BMI for their quick responses to all our questions and needs they always responded within one business day! There is no better place to get married in all of Maryland!!

Profile Picture Kristi , 1/13/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Preferred Vendors Only

When my husband and I were looking for a unique venue in Baltimore, the BMI was the perfect choice! We had an indoor evening wedding and the view of the harbor, even from inside, was amazing. Guests were raving about all the different rooms and loved having a docent available during cocktail hour to explain parts of the museum to them. We worked with Kelley during the planning process and she made everything so simple. On the day of, we had some one there to help with ceremony set up and to make the night run smoothly, there was no need for a day of planner! I cannot recommend this place enough; if you want a unique experience for your guests the BMI is absolutely the place for your wedding!

Profile Picture Brianne, 12/29/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Everyone at the BMI was extremely helpful, courteous, and attentive to all of our needs. We could not be happier with our experience and we've continued to get amazing feedback from our guest in response to how beautiful the venue was. Thank you thank you thank you!

Profile Picture Adora, 11/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The museum was the perfect setting for my daughter's wedding in November. The staff was very easy to work with and I would highly recommend the BMI!!

Profile Picture Valerie , 11/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly cannot put into words how awesome this night was for us! Every single person I worked with at the BMI was professional and awesome. Thank you so much for everything, seriously... everything!!!

Profile Picture Alex, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Preferred Vendors Only, Indoor

When we first began planning our wedding, we knew we wanted to hold our reception somewhere memorable. From our first visit at the BMI, we we certain that it was a place that our guests would never forget. We had the most incredible experience working with the Baltimore Museum of Industry. Claire and Kelly do a wonderful job suggesting vendors, helping to coordinate vendors the night of the event, and making sure everything runs smoothly. Our guests had an incredible time, and we had a gorgeous backdrop to celebrate one of the most important events of our lives.

i planned my own wedding without the help of a planner, and I cannot stress enough how much holding our reception at the BMI eased the process for me. Claire made sure that we had a meeting in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and worked with our caterer to establish both a rain and shine plan. We loved having our cocktail hour on the deck, which was a beautiful setting for photographs, and then moving the party inside for the rest of the night. The space is perfect for a wedding of 150-200 people, and the shape of the room lends itself to getting people on the dance floor. We also loved having things for our guests to do (wander the museum) if they weren't as in to dancing. We would absolutely book the BMI again, and look forward to having somewhere to visit to relive our wedding day! (All Photos are Photography By Brea)

Profile Picture Jen, 10/14/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Such a wonderful and unique venue! A beautiful space inside the museum with so many interesting and fun exhibits. Plus the harbor is a great backdrop. The BMI and Domino Sugar signs outside that are lit keep the view beautiful at night and are also great for nighttime pictures. All of the staff at the museum were friendly, helpful and accommodating throughout the entire process. I would absolutely recommend the BMI as a wedding and event venue. Guests were commenting all night and after the wedding, as well about how great of a venue it was. I am so happy we found this unique spot, it was absolutely perfect. I could not have imagined my wedding anywhere else!

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The BMI was a very unique and beautiful venue. It has a beautiful few of Baltimore's Inner Harbor . They are sooo accommodating. They helped setting up , provided ladders and easels for or signs. They helped get our movie/slideshow working. They even got our 3 yr old flower girl to walk down the isle. Very professional and worth every cent.

Profile Picture Debbie, 9/9/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Preferred Vendors Only, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

This venue is absolutely amazing. It had everything we were looking for - right on the water, beautiful scenery, funky exhibits and indoor and outdoor capability. Our guests loved being able to go outside and walk around as well as peruse the museum. The staff are easy to work with and helpful. We rented the gallery and terrace and it was plenty for our day. The ceremony was indoors, but the outdoor area is also perfect for a ceremony. We loved how very Baltimore this felt and every minute in our venue. I highly recommend this location, but book fast, they fill up quick!

Profile Picture Margaret , 8/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Preferred Vendors Only, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

It was very challenging at first trying to find a wedding venue that had a mix of everything my husband and I wanted. Once we determined we wanted to be around the Harbor, we narrowed down our search to a few places that included BMI. BMI was where I had my first field trip as a child so I wasn’t wowed by the idea of getting married at the same place I learned how to shuck an oyster. My husband had been to a wedding there before and he insisted we look at it. I was set on an outdoor ceremony right on the water and BMI had 2 different options for that, not to mention a GREAT rain plan option, which made me feel so at ease. I’m an event planner and I always see brides choose a venue based on plan A and not think about plan B. What was great about BMI was that I was in love with both plan A and plan B if it rained. So I couldn’t be that unhappy if it rained on our wedding day. We had cocktails outside on the terrace area with a rain plan to be throughout the museum (which is the coolest backup rain plan I’ve ever heard of!). Reception space was inside with floor to ceiling glass windows to look out onto the inner harbor. It was a photographer’s paradise inside the venue.

Our photographer kept pulling us into different rooms in the venue space to get pictures in the soda shop, the movie theater, and in the kitchen with Domino Sugars. Claire and her staff were so great throughout the entire planning and execution process. We were allowed to come in whenever we wanted to look at the space, test out our video, and do walk throughs with vendors. My day of coordinators interacted with Claire’s team really well that day. If they needed anything to get done, BMI handled it! The wedding went off with no problems at all. If you’re looking for a venue on the water with inside and outside options, look no further, BMI is the venue for you!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/12/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am SO happy we chose to have our reception at the Baltimore Museum of Industry!!! My husband and I are museum junkies so we researched each one in the city. The reason we went with BMI was because of the gorgeous view across the harbor and the industrial theme - we barely had to provide our own decor because there was already so much for our guests to see. Our contact Kelley was extremely easy to communicate with and so accommodating. She was able to answer every question I had from invoice to tablecloth size. Also, the museum provides the tables and chairs for guests. They have a list of approved caterers which sometimes scares brides and grooms away, but thankfully (and unlike other venues we visited) BMI had one that fit our budget. We couldn't have made a better decision than to go with the BMI!

Profile Picture Aiana, 8/11/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Preferred Vendors Only, Indoor

Having our wedding at the BMI was nothing short of amazing. Months later, we continue receiving compliments on how awesome of a venue we had. Thanks to Claire and Kelley, my wedding stress was eliminated and I knew that they would take care of anything I needed. They were quick to respond to my emails, and genuinely invested in helping us plan our wedding. My wife and I recommend the Baltimore Museum of Industry for couples who want a cool, interesting, and fun wedding venue in the heart of Baltimore! :)

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great venue with an even better location! Everyone at BMI was such a pleasure to work with. For how gorgeous the venue is, we expected it to be very expensive but in actuality it was below our budget! We loved being able to get married outside and then have the cocktail hour and reception indoors all while enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Profile Picture Andrea, 7/16/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Preferred Vendors Only

Our experience with the BMI could not have gone any better. Throughout the planning process I was in contact with both Kelley and Claire and both were always extremely responsive and patient with my endless questions. We had both our ceremony and reception here and thanks to Kelley (who was there the entire time), everything went off smoothly and without a hitch - which I was worried about since I hadn't hired a wedding planner or day-of coordinator. Guests loved walking around the museum during cocktail hour and all of the amazing photo opportunities outside on the waterfront. I can't say enough good things!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was absolutely beautiful! We loved that we could do our ceremony inside or outside, and both were great options. The staff was great to work with and very professional. Our guests loved how different it was and not the typical ballroom. They were very flexible and accommodating with what we wanted to do, and our 200 person wedding didn't feel cramped at all. We also liked that people could enjoy the baltimore skyline outside it they needed a break outside. Great place for a wedding!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

From the very first interaction we had with the BMI right through and after our wedding, we had the BEST experience. Every single staff member we worked with was responsive, open, and extremely helpful. The venue was recommended by a friend, and we didn't end up looking anywhere else - we knew that the combination of fantastic service, competitive prices and an unbeatable location for a Federal Hill wedding was more than we could hope for. Some of my favorite aspects of the venue: The space is interesting and unique for both an indoor and outdoor cocktail ceremony, there are plenty of things to entertain guests who don't want to dance the night away, but the dance floor space is ample if everyone does, the bathrooms are clean and more than enough for large weddings, you can play a cute slideshow in the museum's theatre, and you have amazing views of the harbor and Domino Sugar sign. Could not have asked for more!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/16/17, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Preferred Vendors Only

I recently had my reception at the Baltimore Museum of Industry. It was a Saturday evening in June and we were blessed with perfect weather. We had our cocktail hour out on the terrace overlooking the Baltimore Harbor and City Skyline. However, in case of bad weather this venue is also a great choice because it would have been just as beautiful inside as there are so many interesting pieces of history to look at inside the museum. This was important to me as I didn't want to have to worry about the weather the day of and totally change the plan for the day. I can't wait to get my pictures back from the photographer because there are so many great opportunities for photo ops including the theater, large airplane hanging from the ceiling, or the different galleries within the venue. I would highly recommend this venue as my wedding day went off without a glitch. The staff at the museum was extremely accommodating and answered all of my questions timely throughout the planning process. I wouldn't have changed a thing and would recommend this venue to any bride!

Profile Picture Kristin, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Preferred Vendors Only, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Multiple guests said this was the most interesting venue they had ever attended for a wedding! Both local and out of town guests enjoyed the museum exhibits as part of the event, and we could not have been happier with the working relationship we had with the venue staff. Pricing was lower than many other area museums, and offered many different options that we could customize to our budget. The chair rental also meant we did not have to use any outside rental items! The location, parking, professionalism, and overall staff made for a great event!

Profile Picture Joy, 6/10/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Preferred Vendors Only

We loved having our wedding at the BMI! It was great for our guests, there is plenty of free parking, right on the water and they can tour the museum while they wait for you to finish your photos. It is also great for taking pictures on the inner harbor. Angie was so nice and opened up the pier for us so that we could get a shot with the city skyline in the background. Overall it was a great experience and I would definitely recommend them for other weddings or events.

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/28/17, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Preferred Vendors Only

Claire Mullins and Kelly were so accommodating and professional!! I was concerned that the venue wouldn't be "formal" enough for a wedding, and booked because someone had cancelled on Memorial Day Saturday and I got a discounted rate. I am an older bride, have been married before and didn't have a wedding the 1st time around. I wanted to keep the overall costs down so I did a lot myself. The venue has so much history and the decor is very vibrant and eclectic. When my caterer (Zeffert & Gold; they were also phenomenal!!) set everything up, the room far exceeded my expectations. It was so beautiful and elegant, there was plenty of room for the dance floor area and everyone had so much fun!! Everyone keeps calling to tell me how nice it was, and several people have already said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to!

Profile Picture LAURA, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The BMI is such a unique and amazing wedding venue! My husband and I set-up an appointment with BMI on a whim when we were searching for wedding venues. As soon as we met with Claire and she showed us around, we knew that we had to lock-in a date! Claire and Kelley are absolutely amazing to work with. They are both super responsive and extremely accommodating. We loved that we could have both our ceremony and reception at the same location. It was really windy and drizzly on the evening of our wedding, so we ended up moving our ceremony inside. We still had amazing views of the harbor through the windows, and were able to sneak outside for a few photos on the dock during a break in the weather. Our guests loved that they could explore the museum during our cocktail hour and reception, and kept commenting on how unique the venue was. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Robyn, 5/6/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

The BMI is a great place to hold a wedding or any other events. Everyone commented on the uniqueness and all the decor in the museum. It needed very little decor with how much it already has. Everyone at the BMI was super helpful, friendly, nice, fun, and absolutely amazing to work with. They were very quick to answer any emails we had. I would highly recommend the BMI!

Profile Picture Julie, 4/8/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I got married on 12/30/16. This venue was absolutely perfect and stunning. Kelley and Angie made this day for us, since the first consultant meeting. They were flexible, professional and just easy to work with. My guests are still talking about the venue and every little piece of history. Thank you guys again!

Profile Picture Jayne, 12/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The obvious facts about Baltimore Museum of Industry are that it is a very interesting venue and location, location, location! On the water! Free parking in the city! To be honest I do have to say that I thought the price was towards the steep side but the venue is just incredible, so we went ahead and booked out date! And even more incredible than the venue itself, are the event managers - Kelley and Claire! They both could not have been more kind, accommodating, patient, and friendly! Kelley and Claire's help was invaluable - they made planning my big a complete breeze. Kelley and Claire have worked with so many different vendors (caterers, DJs, photographers) and were able to help make recommendations based on our interests and needs. My new hubby and I were not disappointed with their gorgeous venue, professionalism, or recommendations! After all is said and done, this venue and these ladies are worth every. single. penny. You will not be disappointed!!

Profile Picture kimberly, 12/10/16, 3 Reviews