Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Reviews

42 | Baltimore, MD

42 Reviews for Baltimore Marriott Waterfront

• Janel

Janel · Married on 09/02/2018

We had a room block here for our wedding. Our event manager Jenna B. took care of all of our needs! All of my guests who stayed here loved the hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms have a beautiful view of the harbor, and it's in a great location. I was able to get ready here with my wedding party in a spacious suite. It was so easy to walk to nearby Whole Foods for breakfast and snacks. The hotel surprised my husband and I with a bottle of prosecco and strawberries after our wedding. I can't recommend this hotel enough!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn · Married on 11/25/2017

The Marriott Waterfront was the perfect venue for our wedding! Our wedding coordinator, Angie Irwin, was outstanding! She went about and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and our day was everything we wanted! I can not say enough good things about her! The venue was beautiful! Our cocktail hour overlooking the Inner Harbor set such a magical atmosphere! The venue space was perfect, tables were beautifully decorated and the room was spacious for our 173 guests! The food was delicious and staff paid such attention to detail and making sure everyone was happy! We were in good hands!
    The Marriott Waterfront made wedding planning stress free and fun! I would highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/26/2017
  • User6193715 · 2+ years ago

Marriott did an incredible job. The coordinator Justine took care of everything. The hotel was so accommodating and the food was delicious. I felt like I did not have to worry about anything. Every staff member I came in contact with was kind and fun to be around. The man, Wayne, who assisted in moving our luggage in and out of our hotel room was honestly incredible. He was funny and patient. The hotel was even able to update me from a bridal suite to the Roosevelt Suite. I do not have one bad word to say about the Marriott. I would recommend this location to anyone contemplating venues for their wedding.

Sent on 01/15/2016

Caitlin · Married on 11/07/2015

Of the downtown hotels, we opted for the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront for our wedding. And we have no regrets. Unlike some nearby hotels, which have a very business/institutional feel, the Marriott was warm and welcoming for all events linked to the wedding. We also were fortunate to have excellent hotel support from the planning through execution phases of our wedding-related events. With very few hiccups (those linked to the reservations side of the house -- not event/banquet services-- we were able to plan an entire weekend with the hotel as the focus, for our guests. Food selections were lovely and very well-priced for white glove service. Even the morning after brunch was excellent. We could not have been more pleased with the quality of food, service and staff professionalism. Even the hospitality suite and major quests' rooms received special attention from the hotel. Stephanie DeGrazia, our event manager, was patient, responsive and truly a pleasure to work with. One often hears about the chaos of wedding planning, With Stephanie's support, we had a calm, smoothly executed and incredibly successful weekend.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Jessica · Married on 05/09/2015

The Baltimore Marriott Waterfront put on a perfect wedding weekend! My husband and I wanted a place where all of our guests could spend the night so they didn't have to worry about driving. From our first planning meeting, our contact, Stephanie, made sure everything was perfect. The venue, food, and service were all wonderful. I would recommend to any bride looking for a gorgeous, all-inclusive venue overlooking the Baltimore Inner Harbor!

Sent on 10/26/2015

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. That is all I can say. Christine Humphreys was instrumental in helping to plan and execute my dream day. She was one of the best parts of my wedding at the Marriott. She is sweet, professional, extremely hard working and soo talented!! I regret having a wedding planner as she made sure everything was done and done perfectly and my planner was totally useless (will leave that review on another page). The grounds and accommodations were so beautiful. My guests were awed by the hospitality of the staff and the professionalism of every Marriott employee. I am so happy to have had my wedding here. Additionally, Chef Santosh was AMAZING. He customized our menu to my family's background, learning and executing new recipes flawlessly. There is nothing this man cannot do. Thank you Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, you made my day more special than I could've ever dreamed!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Rebecca · Married on 03/15/2014

Baltimore Marriott Waterfront was a beautiful place for our guests to stay on our wedding weekend in March! Each room was lovely and the view was breathtaking. Picture opportunities were great before the wedding. The bar provided a nice place for guests to gather after getting back from the reception. We had the actual wedding elsewhere and were totally happy with our choice, but Baltimore Marriott Waterfront would have been a great wedding venue too! Stephanie DeGrazia, the sales manager, was patient, professional and accommodated multiple last minute requests without hesitation. We started out with a room block of 20, and ultimately ended up with 40 because the rates were so good. I would not hesitate to recommend them to future brides. It was a great experience!

Sent on 04/05/2014

The Baltimore Marriott Waterfront hotel was amazing! They were great to work with both before the wedding and during the wedding weekend itself. Our party planner Alanna listened to make sure all of our needs were met, and was there throughout the entire wedding weekend to make sure we and our guests had everything we needed. The party room looked amazing, the service was amazing, and the food was amazing! The hotel suite that they gave us was incredible too. We were absolutely thrilled with everything the Waterfront Marriott did for us!

Sent on 01/22/2014

Beth · Married on 07/27/2013

All of our requests were met without hesitation. The wedding coordinator, Alanna Mayer could not have been nicer, more professional and quick to accomodate our every need. We greatly appreciated that she stayed to the very end of the reception to help coordinate the "sparkler" send off my daughter wanted so much to end her special day. Alanna also was adept at dealing with some difficult family members so that we didn't have to. The food was terrific and everything went along very timely. The appetizers during the cocktail hour were wonderful, with such a great selection of different things. I never got to try the "signature weddding drink" but it looked yummy. And Alanna was great in helping us pull of a surprise flash mob dance for my daughter's wedding. Can't say enough!!!

Sent on 07/30/2013

Avni · Married on 03/30/2013

PERFECT for an Indian wedding. We got married here on 3/30/13 and the venue was the best we could have asked for. I was so reluctant to get married in Baltimore (being from DC and all), but for an Indian Wedding with 450 guests you cannot beat it. It is so spacious, perfect for an outdoor baraat, and there is a fantastic Indian chef.

The staff (Samantha, and really everyone) are AMAZING and so pleasant to work with. They will exceed your expectations.

The only thing I would change is the carpet, but hey, not everything is perfect!

Sent on 07/08/2014

When same-sex marriage became legal in Maryland, my partner and I wanted to celebrate our wedding in a venue that was accepting of our relationship. From the moment we contacted the Waterfront,we were both stunned by the enthusiasm and professionalism of the ENTIRE staff...from the catering sales executive (Katharine Moog), to the event planner (Amanda Barker), to the Waite staff and the bartender (Lisa B)! The day was made spectacularly elegant! The ballrooms were clean, spacious and stylish, the hor dourves plentiful, the dinner sophisticated and the wedding cake, exquisite! We highly recommend the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront to anyone who wants to host a trouble-free, high-class, event at a VERY reasonable price.

Sent on 01/28/2013
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 01/12/2013

I loved having my wedding here! It's beautiful and in the perfect location for guests. From the beginning, they took my vision of our wedding and made it happen. Erin O'neilll, our event coordinator, was great! They catered to my every whim and desire. The food was delicious and the service immaculate. I'd do it there again without hesitation!

Sent on 01/21/2013

Julia & David · Married on 07/08/2012

We chose the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront because of its location and convenience to local attractions. We wanted a place where out of towners could come a little early and explore the Inner Harbor. BMW offers various wedding packages and since we booked in the winter, we earned a substantial discount which allowed us flexibility to upgrade. Dealing with a wedding package that included a cake and various amenities really cut down on the hassle factor.
    The venue itself is highly attractive. The highlights were our experience with our coordinator, Katharine Ronald, who did an exceptional job of providing reassurance. We immediately gained confidence in her that every single detail of our wedding ceremony and reception would be taken care of diligently. BMW is fortunate to have someone like her representing their events department. The other major highlight was the food. Lots of it and all very tasty.
    The staff on the wedding day was on their game and we had a better time than expected. That is, little apprehension and all fun.
    Yeah, we could have looked elsewhere and gotten a less expensive venue but many of these other places had strings attached (from our standpoint based on our preferences, not necessarily strings imposed by the vendors themselves).
    We would certainly recommend this place to anyone considering getting married in Baltimore.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Kate · Married on 03/10/2012

Sharon and the rest of the Marriott team were a pleasure to work with. the food and service were great. our out of town guests are still raving about the crab cakes.

Sent on 07/03/2012

Amanda · Married on 07/30/2011

The Marriott Waterfront exceeded our expectations every step of the way. Katharine, our coordinator, went above and beyond. The food was incredible. The accomodations (bridal suite as well as rooms for our guests) were superb. The entire event was perfect thnaks to their excellent staff.

Sent on 10/10/2011

Laura · Married on 06/04/2011

Amazing!!!

Sent on 07/13/2011

Brandi · Married on 12/31/2009

The Baltimore Waterfront Marriot was a beautiful venue for our wedding. The event team there, headed by Katharine Ronald, went above and beyond to make our New Years Eve wedding the event of the decade. Our guests are still complimenting the food, the service, and the ballroom. The hotel rooms were very comfortable and the Bridal Suite was amazing! I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding. Katharine helped make planning the reception very easy and was there to make sure the entire event went off without a hitch. Everyone had a great time eating, drinking, and ringing in the new year with a harbor view!

Sent on 01/21/2010

SILVIA · Married on 05/30/2009

My husband and I spent our wedding night at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. Our room was extremely clean, the staff was friendly and the view was breathtaking.

Sent on 08/11/2009

Amanda · Married on 12/20/2008

There are not enough words to describe how great a job the Marriott did with our wedding. The event went exactly as we planned it. Our wedding coordinator - Jessica - did an absolutely fantastic job. She made sure that all of the details were planned for and ensured that the whole event went off without a hitch. All the hotel staff -- front desk, security, servers, valet, belldesk were ALL unbelieveable and issued the top level service. The waitstaff for the reception was extremely professional and the food was awesome! All of our guests are still talking about how great the service and the food was. One of the best parts of the whole experience was the suite that came as a part of the package. The view of Baltimore City was absolutely breathtaking. During the wedding, the hotel staff decorated the room with rose petals and provided cookies and champagne. It was a great surprise to end our perfect evening.

Sent on 01/15/2009

Alan · Married on 11/10/2008

amazing place, friendly staff, great service, would highly recommend,

Sent on 04/18/2009

Kimberly · Married on 09/20/2008

The experience could not have been better. This is a full service hotel with a very professional, knowledgeable and supportive staff who bent over backwards to make sure that the night of our wedding was special. They have their own event planners who ensured that the coordination of vendors and other minutiae was taken care of so that there was nothing for us to worry about. The food was AMAZING. If I had to do it over again, 10 times out of 10, I would choose this venue and I am not easy to impress.

Sent on 09/29/2008

susan · Married on 04/12/2008

My husband and I, along with our daughter and son in law, chose the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront for their wedding because of the physical beauty of the property. But what we never realized was the importance of the staff in planning all of this. The hotel has 3 levels of wedding packages. We chose the highest level and were amazed at the inclusions for the price. Ashley Judy was our contact at the hotel. Never once did she not respond to an email or phone message immediately. She was on top of things from beginning to end in the most professional and efficient manner. When she had emergency surgery the week of the wedding, I STILL heard from her from the hospital!!!!! The hotel tended to all of our needs from the smallest detail to the largest. As a matter of fact, when we were shown the ballroom during the cocktail hour, a waiter followed us to get us drinks while we took in the beauty of the decorated ballroom (before the guests ). The food was amazing, the bridal suite was perfect for day of the wedding preparations and the rooms for our guests were Four Seasons quality. I cannot think of one thing that needed improvement. When we look back at that day, we smile knowing we would not change a thing and it was, for us, the perfect wedding!

Sent on 09/30/2009

maryann · Married on 04/18/2007

Great atmosphere and omvioience. Loved the Habor view and very spacios, very elegant and quite affordable. Plenty of rrom.

Sent on 03/04/2009

Sarah · Married on 12/31/2006

I have been to and had many friend who got married so when I was planning my wedding I was so scared of what was to come. The people at the Marriott helped in every way possible. There were no hidden costs like many vendors and they were helpful with ideas. the event coordinator ended up feeling like a part of tmy wedding party.

Sent on 05/06/2008

Sean · Married on 10/28/2006

Sandy Palacorolla was our event manager for the BMW hotel, and she was very attentive to our needs throughout the planning process. The BMW hotel was simply gorgeous, and our room was even more stunning (Waterview Ballroom) that we thought it would be. The food was outstanding, the pastry chef made an amazing cake, and every member of the staff for our event was of the utmost professionalism. Our package included a bridal suite the night of the wedding, and it was larger than our apartment.

The cost for our reception was certainly significant, but you get what you pay for, and we feel that we received excellent value for our money. I would recommend BMW hotel to anyone--we got a night we'll never forget!

Sent on 10/07/2008