9 Reviews for Balmoral House

Audio Equipment (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Lighting (1)
9 Balmoral House Reviews

Our day was wonderful in every way. Kathy Turnbull was exceptionally helpful. The facility floor plan was perfect. Wedding on the patio, drinks, hors d'hoevres, and picture booth in the lower level, dinner on the main floor, and dancing on the deck. The grounds had so many great photo opportunities. The interior of the Balmoral House is beautiful, clean, up to date, and in perfect condition. The bridal suite was fantastic. My daughter truly had her dream wedding!!!

Profile Picture Jyl, 6/24/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When I saw the Balmoral House I knew it was the perfect place for our wedding!
The versatility of the venue gave us options of where to have the ceremony depending on weather.
Having the bridal suite was great for the day of retreat for me to enjoy with my brides maids.
The party was sooo fun! My guests stayed for a long time and enjoyed themselves. Everyone felt like they were at home.
We were married on the deck and our guest got to enjoy the beautiful views of the golf course. Guests walked downstairs out side then into the bar for cocktail hour before dinner. There was plenty of room for our guests to sit and enjoy dinner and then after we returned to the basement for dancing and sweets. The party flowed perfectly! Everyone one had so much fun. Two weeks later I am still getting calls and text about how beautiful our wedding was and how much fun everyone had at our reception!

Profile Picture Shelli, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had to switch our June wedding to this venue in February before the wedding, and we are so glad we did. It was beyond beautiful, and everyone at the Balmoral House did so much for this last-minute-decisions bride. A couple weeks before the wedding, I was busy finishing up school, and they called just to go over all the details that I wanted in the wedding, giving me ideas and letting me know what would or would not work. I working with them before and during the wedding. The people are wonderful and the venue is just stunning, even on a stormy day like we had for our wedding.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Linens, Outside Cake, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Tables

We were the first wedding to be held at Balmoral House and from our perspective the day went perfectly. Our golf group of 16 had a great time in the a.m. and one of the golf staff even brought our grilled hotdogs and cold beer to us on the course at noon. The wedding ceremony in the wooden pergola was awesome accompanied by our bagpiper who added a touch of Belfast to the atmosphere. The reception on the main floor and deck could not have been better. MBP Catering and the Balmoral staff took excellent care of our family and guests (98 people). The tables and food stations were well positioned so that everyone was comfortable and found it easy to move from place to place. We were pleased with our decision to put the DJ and the dance floor in the library/fireplace area - close to the dining area but far enough away to allow for ease of conversation at the tables.
For their first wedding event at Balmoral, Missy, Tracy, Diane and staff hit a home run in our opinion. They even managed to arrange for a sunny day in the middle of about 10 straight days of rain on both sides of our wedding date. Outstanding!!
We are very grateful for all of the effort put forth to make our special day a grand memory. Thanks to all who worked hard to make that happen.
Christy and Dick Gray

Profile Picture Dick, 4/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Altar/Arches, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Linens, Bartender(s), Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up
4.7

My fiance and I only had a short time in Indiana in which to visit venues and book. I called Grace one evening and we were set to begin moving to California the next day at noon! She was so accommodating and penciled us right in. Tracey showed us around the house and we fell in love! It has the classic mansion look that I wanted as well as a modern feel that my fiance likes. The staff was great! Tracey was up front about the services and prices.

They were nice enough to let me bring my mom and sisters there a couple of months before the wedding so we could start thinking of decoration ideas. The house itself is so beautiful, we didn't need to do much decorating.

Cathy was very accommodating to our simple tastes. They let us use our rehearsal time to decorate which was a huge time saver the day of the wedding. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Leigha, 11/11/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Barware, Linens
4.7

What a lovely venue and excellent staff. We are extremely thankful for the preparation and implementation that made our wedding so perfect. Our guests were impressed and so were we! Thank you!!

Profile Picture Karl, 6/4/17, 2 Reviews
3.4

One of the reasons I chose the Balmoral House as my wedding venue was because of how unique it is. It was unlike any other wedding venue we looked at. I definitely underestimated the difficulty of having a multi-level wedding venue. It was hard to figure out the flow of the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, dances, etc. It was like we were shuffling people throughout the night. In the end, I think it worked out okay, but it was still difficult planning this. We had 125 guests. The ceremony seating was spacious and fine. However, the reception seating at tables was extremely tight. It was too cramped. We could have moved some tables onto different levels of the house, but we wanted everyone to have a seat in the same area. You will need to be creative if you have a larger guest count. I would make sure to read over the contract very carefully before signing. There are a lot of hidden charges. Ex- if anyone is caught with any outside food or drink, including your vendors, you will pay $500. There were several instances where they tried to raise the price of items that we already agreed to when signing the original contract. In the end, they ended up honoring our original pricing because I brought up the issue with them. Overall, the experience with Balmoral was good.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jessica, 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
2.5

Do not have your wedding here during warm months!!! It is miserably HOT! balmoral House has air conditioning problems. So bad, my friend's wedding cake melted!!

View Vendor Response