Balmoral House Reviews

Balmoral House View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Monaca A. Married on 12/03/2021

Perfect place to get married

The Balmoral House was a perfect venue for our wedding. It was so elegant and intimate. You have the option of the house, the cottage or getting married outside, each one is beautiful and elegant. The staff was amazing and responsive as well.

Balmoral House's reply:

Monaca, We were honored to be your wedding venue. Thank you for the 5-star review. If there is anything else we can do for you in the future, we hope you reach out. Best wishes to you and Roger on a long and loving life together.
  • Sammie
    Sammie S. Married on 10/08/2021

Beautiful October wedding

The Balmoral House was a beautiful wedding venue. The staff were very professional and flexible when it rained during our ceremony and had to move the reception inside. Perfect for if you want a mansion wedding with indoor/outdoor wedding options.

Balmoral House's reply:

Thank you for the 5-star review! We were honored to host your wedding! Weather is the one thing we can't control on wedding days, but grateful to always have a beautiful indoor space that could accommodate everyone for your celebration! All the best wishes for a wonderful future!
  • Katt
    Katt H. Married on 09/24/2021

A Choice We're Happy We Made, from Start to Finish

My husband Andy and I were married at the Balmoral House in Fishers, IN in September of 2021. We utilized a substantial amount of the event space that Balmoral has to offer--our ceremony was held out at the Pergola, we had cocktail hour down by the bar and on the back patio, dinner upstairs in Eaton Hall, and dancing out on the grand deck. The bridal party expanded into the multi-room ready space upstairs for their preparation; the groom's party gathered down in their basement space for their own suiting up. The wedding party used the Hideaway downstairs for quick breaks and make-up fixes before formal photos. We really expanded to fill the space that was available to us, and felt right at home doing so.

Our venue coordinator, Sarah Salinas, as well as all of the Balmoral staff were great to work with. I was in direct contact with Sarah for a lot of the planning and was grateful to her for her endless patience answering a million different questions, many of which were thought of piecemeal and fired off in countless separate emails. She was never anything other than enthusiastic and excited for us; she was a joy to work with.

We chose this venue because of the outdoor ceremony space at the pergola, and because of its amenities like ready room spaces, full bar, grand deck, and dinner space. Another venue we looked at was quite disparate in its room arrangement--everything was segmented, and there wasn't much natural flow from one area to the next, which we feared would discourage guests from mingling comfortably. The grounds at Balmoral were also great backdrops for photos. The staff even allowed us to supply the bar with some custom cocktails themed around our event, and set up a canopy near the ceremony site for the bridal party to get staged in prior to the ceremony.

Ultimately, what it boils down to is that Balmoral is a gorgeous, people-friendly venue space, staffed by enthusiastic people who did everything in their power to make our wedding day the perfect day that we wanted it to be. We would absolutely recommend the Balmoral House if you're looking for a space for your own big day. It was a completely positive experience from our initial walkthrough until we climbed into our getaway car at the end of the evening. We're pleased that Balmoral will always be part of our wedding day memories.

Balmoral House's reply:

Wow! What an amazing review! We are beyond thrilled for you and Andy and honored to have been included in planning your wedding day. I do hope if you ever have the need for future family gatherings that you think of us. Best wishes to you both for a long and loving future!
    Kylie S. Married on 05/15/2021

The perfect venue

My husband and I loved everything about the Balmoral House, especially their outdoor spaces. We had our ceremony outdoors on the patio, reception indoors with dancing outside on the deck. It was perfect! The layout of the space flowed perfectly, from ceremony to cocktail hour and beyond. The staff is incredible, too. Ashtin Eskew answered all of our questions promptly. It was great to have someone with professional experience we could trust, even for small details like lining up our bridal party or choosing table linens. I would recommend Balmoral House with 100% confidence.

Kylie,
    Thank you for your recommendation of The Balmoral House. We are honored that you chose us to host your wedding day! If you and Isaac every need to host any future celebrations, we hope you will reach out to us! Best wishes on a long and loving life!
    Tia Married on 10/17/2020

Everything I wanted

Every single person we worked with at Balmoral House was extremely helpful, patient, and kind. They truly care about every wedding they hold there, even the small ones like mine. Lynn was exceptional and did everything she could to make our day special. She is a great addition the Balmoral House team.

My family has also hosted a baby shower here and they did an excellent job with that. They have something that can accommodate many types of events

Tia,
    You are so beautiful to share this lovely recommendation! We are truly grateful that you celebrated both a wedding and baby shower at The Balmoral House! We strive to be a venue to celebrate life's milestones and we hope to celebrate many more with you in the coming years!
  • Savannah
    Savannah D. Married on 09/26/2020

Book here for the wedding of your dreams

The Balmoral House is a stunning venue! Your guests will be amazed and the staff will make your special day flawless. We had an early October wedding and the grounds and scenery are perfect for pictures. Our Day of Coordinator was Ashtin, and from the moment I met her I knew everything was going to be wonderful. There was very little stress involved during the whole process and our day was absolutely perfect!

Balmoral House's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and choosing to spend such an important day at The Balmoral House! You two and your families were so easy to plan with. We hope to celebrate more of life's moments with you!

Take care!
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 11/30/2019

Absolutely perfect!!!

Have your wedding at balmoral house!!!! Oh my gosh it’s the most perfect venue and I am completely obsessed!! My husband and I really wanted our wedding to feel intimate and balmoral was the most perfect venue for us!! It was like the classiest, most elegant, and gorgeous house party! And I was continually surprised and impressed by so many things throughout the day that balmoral did for us! I can’t believe how perfect this venue is! It was raining outside almost all day during our wedding, but there were so many places inside the venue that were absolutely gorgeous and perfect for photos. Also, I loved having everything inside the venue—having the ceremony right in front of the fireplace inside was absolutely breathtaking. I can’t describe how in love I am with this venue!!!! Thank you thank you!!

Balmoral House's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Rachel! We are so delighted that you, your new husband, and your families had such an incredible wedding day! We wish you a lifetime of happiness, and we hopefully will get the pleasure to work together again in the future! Happy Honeymoon🥰
  • Christina
    Christina B. Married on 11/02/2019

Beautiful Venue with Extraordinary Staff

We just had the fairytale wedding of our dreams. If you are looking for a beautiful, unique, and intimate venue- this is it! We were married Mid July 2020 and we were nervous about the heat and COVID. The staff did an exceptional job communicating and addressing all our concerns. Even amidst the craziness of COVID and the hot summer day- We were amazed that the Balmoral Team was able to deliver the wedding of our dreams! There is much versatility with the spaces offered. We had a gorgeous wedding on the garden patio, we cooled off during dinner indoors, then our guests had a blast dancing all night on the grand deck! (Friends still tell us it was one of the most fun and most beautiful weddings they have been to) Our wedding coordinator, Ashtin, works with the Balmoral house and we cannot recommend her enough! Ashtin was a rockstar! She reviewed every detail ahead of time, she set up all the decor prior to our arrival, then she handled everything with our vendors/guests/bridal party. Because of our confidence in the Balmoral Team, we were able to relax and truly enjoy and soak in every moment on our wedding day. My husband and I are incredibly grateful for the beautiful memories we created and the perfect day we shared! We couldn’t have done it without the Balmoral Team!
    Judy M. Married on 10/24/2018

Tremendous venue--great value

Wonderful wedding for a our son and daughter-in-law. Wonderful setting. Great personnel. I highly recommend this place!
  • Erika
    Erika Married on 10/05/2018

Wonderful!

The Balmoral House was the most perfect intimate, elegant venue in the Indianapolis area. We toured three other venues, but nothing compared to this venue. I have a big family from Chicago so I wanted something intimate and I didn’t want to share my space with other parties, so this was the perfect location! We had 125 guests total and it was very accommodating.

Our wedding was on a Friday and they allowed us to set up and decorate during rehearsal that Thursday. It felt so good to not feel rushed and have most of the decorating done the day before. Our DJ appreciated being able to set up all of his equipment and do soundcheck the day before as well. He was able to set up a table on the wooden deck for the ceremony music and then had a spacious setup next to the fireplace by the foyer.

It rained ALL DAY up until about an hour before our ceremony. Diane and her staff knew I wanted my ceremony outside on the wooden deck so they held off on setting up the chairs until the rain stopped. After the ceremony our guests went downstairs for the open bar and were welcomed by mariachis. Everyone loved their music during cocktail and dinner. For food we had a buffet catered from Jonathan Byrd’s and it was delicious! We moved a few tables to create a dance floor once dinner was over with and we danced the night away!

We received so many compliments from our guests about how gorgeous the venue is and how beautiful the ceremony was. I’m grateful we chose Balmoral House as our wedding venue!
    Jyl Married on 06/24/2018
    Our day was wonderful in every way. Kathy Turnbull was exceptionally helpful. The facility floor plan was perfect. Wedding on the patio, drinks, hors d'hoevres, and picture booth in the lower level, dinner on the main floor, and dancing on the deck. The grounds had so many great photo opportunities. The interior of the Balmoral House is beautiful, clean, up to date, and in perfect condition. The bridal suite was fantastic. My daughter truly had her dream wedding!!!
    Shelli Married on 10/22/2016
    When I saw the Balmoral House I knew it was the perfect place for our wedding!
    The versatility of the venue gave us options of where to have the ceremony depending on weather.
    Having the bridal suite was great for the day of retreat for me to enjoy with my brides maids.
    The party was sooo fun! My guests stayed for a long time and enjoyed themselves. Everyone felt like they were at home.
    We were married on the deck and our guest got to enjoy the beautiful views of the golf course. Guests walked downstairs out side then into the bar for cocktail hour before dinner. There was plenty of room for our guests to sit and enjoy dinner and then after we returned to the basement for dancing and sweets. The party flowed perfectly! Everyone one had so much fun. Two weeks later I am still getting calls and text about how beautiful our wedding was and how much fun everyone had at our reception!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 06/04/2016
    We had to switch our June wedding to this venue in February before the wedding, and we are so glad we did. It was beyond beautiful, and everyone at the Balmoral House did so much for this last-minute-decisions bride. A couple weeks before the wedding, I was busy finishing up school, and they called just to go over all the details that I wanted in the wedding, giving me ideas and letting me know what would or would not work. I working with them before and during the wedding. The people are wonderful and the venue is just stunning, even on a stormy day like we had for our wedding.
    Dick Married on 04/29/2016
    We were the first wedding to be held at Balmoral House and from our perspective the day went perfectly. Our golf group of 16 had a great time in the a.m. and one of the golf staff even brought our grilled hotdogs and cold beer to us on the course at noon. The wedding ceremony in the wooden pergola was awesome accompanied by our bagpiper who added a touch of Belfast to the atmosphere. The reception on the main floor and deck could not have been better. MBP Catering and the Balmoral staff took excellent care of our family and guests (98 people). The tables and food stations were well positioned so that everyone was comfortable and found it easy to move from place to place. We were pleased with our decision to put the DJ and the dance floor in the library/fireplace area - close to the dining area but far enough away to allow for ease of conversation at the tables.
    For their first wedding event at Balmoral, Missy, Tracy, Diane and staff hit a home run in our opinion. They even managed to arrange for a sunny day in the middle of about 10 straight days of rain on both sides of our wedding date. Outstanding!!
    We are very grateful for all of the effort put forth to make our special day a grand memory. Thanks to all who worked hard to make that happen.
    Christy and Dick Gray
    Karlyn Married on 06/27/2015
    The Balmoral House has just been renovated and is a beautiful space for a wedding reception. There are so many possibilities for your food placement, dancing and general sitting. It was raining the day of our daughters wedding, but there was plenty of space for people to mingle inside. Our guest were amazed at how elegant the house was! The staff could not have been more helpful every step of the way!
  • Casey
    Casey M. Married on 06/04/2021

Beautiful venue with experienced team

The venue is like 4 venues-in-1! We had our ceremony outside, photos on the scenic wooded grounds, cocktail hour in the classy roaring-20s-feel lower level, dinner on the bright and airy main level, and dancing on the deck under the string lights. Very easy for guests to get parked and to know where to go. Staff were readily available and easy to work with.

Casey,
    We so enjoyed working with you throughout the wedding planning process. Thank you for the lovely review - you and Ted really did take advantage of all the unique spaces at The Balmoral House! We wish you and Ted all the best for the years to come! If you ever need anything else, please let us know!
    Leigha Married on 11/11/2017
    My fiance and I only had a short time in Indiana in which to visit venues and book. I called Grace one evening and we were set to begin moving to California the next day at noon! She was so accommodating and penciled us right in. Tracey showed us around the house and we fell in love! It has the classic mansion look that I wanted as well as a modern feel that my fiance likes. The staff was great! Tracey was up front about the services and prices.

They were nice enough to let me bring my mom and sisters there a couple of months before the wedding so we could start thinking of decoration ideas. The house itself is so beautiful, we didn't need to do much decorating.

Cathy was very accommodating to our simple tastes. They let us use our rehearsal time to decorate which was a huge time saver the day of the wedding. I highly recommend them!
    Karl Married on 06/04/2017
    What a lovely venue and excellent staff. We are extremely thankful for the preparation and implementation that made our wedding so perfect. Our guests were impressed and so were we! Thank you!!
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 11/10/2018

Worth Every Penny

Brides on a budget- please make sure to get a detailed list of all charges before you decide to book this venue. If you aren't on a budget- go for it! I was on a budget and ended up paying more than I anticipated but let me say- IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY. Kristen is the kindest, sweetest woman. She handled all my curveballs and changes easily. They have the ability to take SO much stress off the bride (flipping the space, setting up the space, dealing with the bar, coordinating vendors on the day of, serving lunch and drinks, cutting off intoxicated guests... lol). Not to mention the sheer beauty of the space. I mean dang. So many, so so many guests loved the space, the decor, the style, the flow of Balmoral House. We got so many compliments on it. There is a huge parking lot for guests and they even had a golf cart to assist with our mobility impaired and elderly guests. We loved that the bar and cocktail hour are downstairs and guests could be away from the flipping of the space. We loved how centrally located it is for our friends from all over the city and that it is close to hotels for our out of town guests. The bridal suite alone is worth it's weight in gold. Lots of room for hair and makeup and for our little girls to watch movies and play during the day while the moms were getting ready. The guys loved the gentleman feel of the basement bar and hang out area while they were getting ready. There are countless areas on the property for beautiful photos for your eternal memories. I'm sure I could continue for hours, but all in all- this beautiful classy space was absolutely perfect for our wedding day.

Balmoral House's reply:

Thank you, Kelly and Zach, for taking the time to write such a lovely review! You were an absolutely stunning couple and your wedding day was gorgeous! Your details and decor made our venue shine!

Before our brides and grooms book, we like to go over pricing and provide proposals so that our brides and grooms don't have any surprises. We're sorry you feel that information wasn't clear. Items such as bar selections and optional pre-ceremony food and beverages are decisions that our brides and grooms make towards the end of the planning process. Depending on what they choose, costs can vary greatly. We try our best to be extremely transparent in pricing and answer all questions when invoices are created, but there's always room for improvement! We appreciate your feedback!

Your kind words about The Balmoral House and staff mean so much! We love that you received compliments from your guests about our venue! You were a joy to work with and your family and friends were such a fun group to host! We wish you and Zach all the best!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 12/22/2018

Gorgeous Venue, Great Service

The Balmoral House is a lovely venue at a great location. It's practically in the Indy Airport's backyard, and there are several good hotels within a 10-minute drive. That said, the house's location within a golf course means that it feels like you are alone in the middle of the countryside. The grounds don't have much of a "golf" feel either. There is plenty of parking (they offer valet service too).
    The staff is wonderful: they encourage and welcome plenty of communication to make sure your day is just how you want it. Kristen was my go-to person during the planning, but Katie was my point person the day-of. There were absolutely no information gaps due to this switch. They were very cooperative in helping me plan layouts for tables, coordinating traffic flow throughout the building, and managing decorations. They let my vendors tour the building before the wedding several times, and were very flexible with my visiting schedule as well. I coordinated my entire wedding long-distance without any difficulty. When little problems came up during my wedding, Katie just ~handled~ them without me needing to get involved. They set up all of my tables decorations perfectly and quickly.
    The Balmoral House has 3 floors: a bridal suite, a main floor, and a dance/bar area. A 3-D interactive tour is available on their website.
    The bridal suite is very spacious and is well laid out. There are plenty of plugs for electronics, blowdryers, straighteners, etc. There's a kitchen table with plenty of chairs for lunch. There's even a bathroom, complete with shower!
    The main floor is replete with large windows, which absolutely fills the building with gorgeous natural light. I went there one day during a rainstorm, and it was still bright enough that we didn't need to turn on the lights. There are a few very neutral and tasteful paintings on the wall, but they can be altered if requested. The entire space is lovely enough to not really need much decoration. There's an outdoor patio that is very nice, with overhead fairy lights. My wedding was right before Christmas, and they let us borrow their wreaths/other decorations.
    The basement has a groom suite complete with projector and several leather couches. The bar is large and very nice. The lighting can change colors to match your theme. The dance floor opens up to the outside stone patio. It got a little loud and echoey.

Issues:
    - It is not wheelchair accessible at this time.
    - Absolutely all food must be through an approved caterer or through the Balmoral House. This was a little bit frustrating and constraining at times, but the Balmoral House was very helpful in making it work. The caterers cover a small range of budgets and styles, and are all high quality. The Balmoral House's menu is also quite delicious. They were very willing to work with me to allow my mother to bake cookies for wedding favors. My godmother was also allowed to bake pies for dessert, but we had to sign a specifically-written waiver.
    - It's not a huge space, and cramming in all of the tables for dinner is somewhat complex. This venue works best for guest lists
    Jessica Married on 12/31/2017
    One of the reasons I chose the Balmoral House as my wedding venue was because of how unique it is. It was unlike any other wedding venue we looked at. I definitely underestimated the difficulty of having a multi-level wedding venue. It was hard to figure out the flow of the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, dances, etc. It was like we were shuffling people throughout the night. In the end, I think it worked out okay, but it was still difficult planning this. We had 125 guests. The ceremony seating was spacious and fine. However, the reception seating at tables was extremely tight. It was too cramped. We could have moved some tables onto different levels of the house, but we wanted everyone to have a seat in the same area. You will need to be creative if you have a larger guest count. I would make sure to read over the contract very carefully before signing. There are a lot of hidden charges. Ex- if anyone is caught with any outside food or drink, including your vendors, you will pay $500. There were several instances where they tried to raise the price of items that we already agreed to when signing the original contract. In the end, they ended up honoring our original pricing because I brought up the issue with them. Overall, the experience with Balmoral was good.

Balmoral House's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Balmoral House. As you mentioned, we are a unique space. Our venue has a lot of character and several intimate spaces unlike any other venue. One of the best elements of the Balmoral House is that each event is customizable. Like your wedding and reception, the layout, theme, décor and spaces used are all chosen by the engaged couple. Engaged couples can choose one space for a more intimate experience, or they can choose to spread their guests throughout the entire venue for a more spacious layout.
    Balmoral House takes pride in our planning process and ensures transparency with all rental costs. Our contracts provide all charges so that there are never any surprises! We apologize if there was any miscommunication or lack of clarity during your wedding planning process.
    Your wedding was beautiful and we are grateful to have worked with you and your family!
  • User2688497 2+ years ago
    Do not have your wedding here during warm months!!! It is miserably HOT! balmoral House has air conditioning problems. So bad, my friend's wedding cake melted!!

Balmoral House's reply:

We are deeply sorry that your experience at the Balmoral House was less than extraordinary. We are addressing the air conditioning issue to ensure the comfort of our guests.
  • W
    W Married on 09/03/2018
    DO NOT HAVE A WEDDING OR EVENT HERE - During the wedding they kicked out 2 grooms men (who were not drinking) because they found a bottle in the venue that was not at the bar and believed it to be theirs... They had them escorted out by police - so embarrassing and nearly ruined the experience for the bride and groom. Were SO RUDE. They clearly did this so they could fine the bride and groom an extra $500.... Save yourself and go somewhere else...

Balmoral House's reply:

The Balmoral House goal is to create fun and safe celebrations. We apologize that this situation may have been misinterpreted by some guests. As a venue that has an Indiana Liquor License, by law, guests are not allowed to bring in their own alcohol. We were surprised to find two guests doing shots from a bottle of alcohol that was brought into the venue. These two guests were not escorted out by security, however for their safety, another guest drove them off of the property. We discussed this unfortunate situation with the groom so that he was aware of this event. Again, we apologize for the confusion. Our guests' safety is paramount at The Balmoral House.