Balmoral House Reviews

12 Reviews for Balmoral House

12 Balmoral House Reviews

Judy Millage · Married on 10/24/2018

Tremendous venue--great value

Wonderful wedding for a our son and daughter-in-law. Wonderful setting. Great personnel. I highly recommend this place!

• Erika

Erika · Married on 10/05/2018

Wonderful!

The Balmoral House was the most perfect intimate, elegant venue in the Indianapolis area. We toured three other venues, but nothing compared to this venue. I have a big family from Chicago so I wanted something intimate and I didn’t want to share my space with other parties, so this was the perfect location! We had 125 guests total and it was very accommodating.

Our wedding was on a Friday and they allowed us to set up and decorate during rehearsal that Thursday. It felt so good to not feel rushed and have most of the decorating done the day before. Our DJ appreciated being able to set up all of his equipment and do soundcheck the day before as well. He was able to set up a table on the wooden deck for the ceremony music and then had a spacious setup next to the fireplace by the foyer.

It rained ALL DAY up until about an hour before our ceremony. Diane and her staff knew I wanted my ceremony outside on the wooden deck so they held off on setting up the chairs until the rain stopped. After the ceremony our guests went downstairs for the open bar and were welcomed by mariachis. Everyone loved their music during cocktail and dinner. For food we had a buffet catered from Jonathan Byrd’s and it was delicious! We moved a few tables to create a dance floor once dinner was over with and we danced the night away!

We received so many compliments from our guests about how gorgeous the venue is and how beautiful the ceremony was. I’m grateful we chose Balmoral House as our wedding venue!

Balmoral House 1
    Balmoral House 2
    Balmoral House 3
    Balmoral House 4

Jyl · Married on 06/24/2018

Our day was wonderful in every way. Kathy Turnbull was exceptionally helpful. The facility floor plan was perfect. Wedding on the patio, drinks, hors d'hoevres, and picture booth in the lower level, dinner on the main floor, and dancing on the deck. The grounds had so many great photo opportunities. The interior of the Balmoral House is beautiful, clean, up to date, and in perfect condition. The bridal suite was fantastic. My daughter truly had her dream wedding!!!

Shelli · Married on 10/22/2016

When I saw the Balmoral House I knew it was the perfect place for our wedding!
    The versatility of the venue gave us options of where to have the ceremony depending on weather.
    Having the bridal suite was great for the day of retreat for me to enjoy with my brides maids.
    The party was sooo fun! My guests stayed for a long time and enjoyed themselves. Everyone felt like they were at home.
    We were married on the deck and our guest got to enjoy the beautiful views of the golf course. Guests walked downstairs out side then into the bar for cocktail hour before dinner. There was plenty of room for our guests to sit and enjoy dinner and then after we returned to the basement for dancing and sweets. The party flowed perfectly! Everyone one had so much fun. Two weeks later I am still getting calls and text about how beautiful our wedding was and how much fun everyone had at our reception!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/04/2016

We had to switch our June wedding to this venue in February before the wedding, and we are so glad we did. It was beyond beautiful, and everyone at the Balmoral House did so much for this last-minute-decisions bride. A couple weeks before the wedding, I was busy finishing up school, and they called just to go over all the details that I wanted in the wedding, giving me ideas and letting me know what would or would not work. I working with them before and during the wedding. The people are wonderful and the venue is just stunning, even on a stormy day like we had for our wedding.

Dick · Married on 04/29/2016

We were the first wedding to be held at Balmoral House and from our perspective the day went perfectly. Our golf group of 16 had a great time in the a.m. and one of the golf staff even brought our grilled hotdogs and cold beer to us on the course at noon. The wedding ceremony in the wooden pergola was awesome accompanied by our bagpiper who added a touch of Belfast to the atmosphere. The reception on the main floor and deck could not have been better. MBP Catering and the Balmoral staff took excellent care of our family and guests (98 people). The tables and food stations were well positioned so that everyone was comfortable and found it easy to move from place to place. We were pleased with our decision to put the DJ and the dance floor in the library/fireplace area - close to the dining area but far enough away to allow for ease of conversation at the tables.
    For their first wedding event at Balmoral, Missy, Tracy, Diane and staff hit a home run in our opinion. They even managed to arrange for a sunny day in the middle of about 10 straight days of rain on both sides of our wedding date. Outstanding!!
    We are very grateful for all of the effort put forth to make our special day a grand memory. Thanks to all who worked hard to make that happen.
    Christy and Dick Gray

Leigha · Married on 11/11/2017

My fiance and I only had a short time in Indiana in which to visit venues and book. I called Grace one evening and we were set to begin moving to California the next day at noon! She was so accommodating and penciled us right in. Tracey showed us around the house and we fell in love! It has the classic mansion look that I wanted as well as a modern feel that my fiance likes. The staff was great! Tracey was up front about the services and prices.

They were nice enough to let me bring my mom and sisters there a couple of months before the wedding so we could start thinking of decoration ideas. The house itself is so beautiful, we didn't need to do much decorating.

Cathy was very accommodating to our simple tastes. They let us use our rehearsal time to decorate which was a huge time saver the day of the wedding. I highly recommend them!

Karl · Married on 06/04/2017

What a lovely venue and excellent staff. We are extremely thankful for the preparation and implementation that made our wedding so perfect. Our guests were impressed and so were we! Thank you!!

Jessica · Married on 12/31/2017

3.4
      3.5
      3.5

One of the reasons I chose the Balmoral House as my wedding venue was because of how unique it is. It was unlike any other wedding venue we looked at. I definitely underestimated the difficulty of having a multi-level wedding venue. It was hard to figure out the flow of the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, dances, etc. It was like we were shuffling people throughout the night. In the end, I think it worked out okay, but it was still difficult planning this. We had 125 guests. The ceremony seating was spacious and fine. However, the reception seating at tables was extremely tight. It was too cramped. We could have moved some tables onto different levels of the house, but we wanted everyone to have a seat in the same area. You will need to be creative if you have a larger guest count. I would make sure to read over the contract very carefully before signing. There are a lot of hidden charges. Ex- if anyone is caught with any outside food or drink, including your vendors, you will pay $500. There were several instances where they tried to raise the price of items that we already agreed to when signing the original contract. In the end, they ended up honoring our original pricing because I brought up the issue with them. Overall, the experience with Balmoral was good.

Sent on 01/26/2018

Balmoral House's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Balmoral House. As you mentioned, we are a unique space. Our venue has a lot of character and several intimate spaces unlike any other venue. One of the best elements of the Balmoral House is that each event is customizable. Like your wedding and reception, the layout, theme, décor and spaces used are all chosen by the engaged couple. Engaged couples can choose one space for a more intimate experience, or they can choose to spread their guests throughout the entire venue for a more spacious layout. Balmoral House takes pride in our planning process and ensures transparency with all rental costs. Our contracts provide all charges so that there are never any surprises! We apologize if there was any miscommunication or lack of clarity during your wedding planning process. Your wedding was beautiful and we are grateful to have worked with you and your family!

2.4
      2.0
      0.5
      3.0

Do not have your wedding here during warm months!!! It is miserably HOT! balmoral House has air conditioning problems. So bad, my friend's wedding cake melted!!

Sent on 07/16/2016

Balmoral House's reply:

We are deeply sorry that your experience at the Balmoral House was less than extraordinary. We are addressing the air conditioning issue to ensure the comfort of our guests.
  • W

w · Married on 09/03/2018

2.4
      1.0
      2.5
      0.5

DO NOT HAVE A WEDDING OR EVENT HERE - During the wedding they kicked out 2 grooms men (who were not drinking) because they found a bottle in the venue that was not at the bar and believed it to be theirs... They had them escorted out by police - so embarrassing and nearly ruined the experience for the bride and groom. Were SO RUDE. They clearly did this so they could fine the bride and groom an extra $500.... Save yourself and go somewhere else...

Sent on 10/12/2018

Balmoral House's reply:

The Balmoral House goal is to create fun and safe celebrations. We apologize that this situation may have been misinterpreted by some guests. As a venue that has an Indiana Liquor License, by law, guests are not allowed to bring in their own alcohol. We were surprised to find two guests doing shots from a bottle of alcohol that was brought into the venue. These two guests were not escorted out by security, however for their safety, another guest drove them off of the property. We discussed this unfortunate situation with the groom so that he was aware of this event. Again, we apologize for the confusion. Our guests' safety is paramount at The Balmoral House.