Balance Wedding Photography Reviews

41 | Catonsville, MD

41 Reviews for Balance Wedding Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Megan · Married on 04/29/2017

Absolutely fantastic! Made everything great from the engagement session all the way to the wedding day! They made sure they got all the shots that I wanted and they were all amazing! I highly recommend them for your wedding day!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Carin · Married on 07/18/2015

Nathaniel and Rissa are simply the best!!! They are truely natural artists. I loved that they are a husband-wife team. It was so important to me to have 2 photographers at our wedding. I wanted to have someone with me and someone with Ryan while we were getting ready! Not only did we have 2 photographers, we also had an assistant, Josie! She was amazing too! It's all the details they just touched on, that I didn't think of! Ryan and I had so much fun working with them! They fit right in with our friends! They were everywhere without being invasive. I honestly felt they were guests at our wedding and not paid to be there. I consider Nathaniel and Rissa to be our friends, they are great!! We are going to have the hardest time selecting all the pictures we want in the albums because they get amazing shots! You would be crazy not to selcet Balance Wedding Photography for your event!

Sent on 03/12/2009

Kathryn · Married on 10/27/2012

Nathaniel and Rissa were wonderful wedding photographers! They really listened to what we wanted and were great about keeping us laughing and having fun the whole time we were taking pictures (photos shoots aren't normally our idea of a good time). We also got engagement photos with them and they came out great. They had lots of different ideas for creative poses and seemed genuinely interested in the quality of our photos. On the wedding day, they were very organized and made sure to get all of the photos that we wanted around the grounds of our venue in the time that we had. Very professional, talented, friendly, and highly recommended!

Sent on 11/18/2012

Rissa and Nathaniel made sure to get every single picture I could ever ask for during my wedding! The candids were amazing and the portraits turned out beautiful! They got every single moment captured and didn't get in anyones way while doing it! They were in contact with me all the way up until my wedding day and even afterwards! My photo website was up within 2 weeks and orders are shipped so quickly! Thank you Balance!

Sent on 12/26/2012

Jessie · Married on 09/07/2012

Balance Photography was amazing at my wedding! I love their organic style. Both Rissa and Nathaniel were excellent at making everyone relaxed at the wedding so our photos don't look stiff and uncomfortable. I also sent about a dozen fun ideas for wedding photos to Rissa and asked that we do just a few if we can - she made sure we did them all! They are very organized and always responded right away to my emails and phone calls, which is great for a busy bride. I highly recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 09/24/2012

Amanda · Married on 05/12/2012

Our wedding pictures turned out flawless. Rissa and Nathaniel were a dream to work with. I plan on using them for future family events and would highly recommend their business and services.

Sent on 11/18/2012

Kim · Married on 04/18/2012

It was a pleasure to work with Rissa and Nathaniel as they captured the memories that will last a lifetime. The photos were stunning and a testament to their talent and expertise. They responded quickly to our inquiries and the photos were available shortly after the wedding.

Sent on 07/12/2012

Joanna · Married on 10/22/2011

Rissa and Nathaniel are so easy to work with. The hubby and I hate having our picture taken, but they made it really fun! They are true professionals and came in and got to work right away. They were also really great about getting a list of "must have" photos from me, and then making sure we got all of them. I would definitely recommend Rissa and Nathaniel to other couples, they were wonderful!

Sent on 11/17/2011

Julie · Married on 10/22/2011

I met Nathaniel when he photographed my best friend's wedding in which I was maid of honor. We spent several days on the English coast for a beautiful destination wedding and Nathaniel was snapping away the entire time. Not only does he have an a natural eye for photography, but he also has a knack for anticipating and capturing the best moments between people. He also has an incredibly fun energy and therefore brings out the best in people. The photos from my best friend's wedding turned out amazing.

So, 2 years later, I hired Nathaniel and Rissa to capture my own wedding reception on New Year's Eve. They did a bang-up job and we love our photos. It's not often that you have guests complimenting you on your wedding photographers during the actual event, but the crowd loved them and the photos reflect that! I would highly recommend Balance Photography to anyone for any type of event. They are professional, thoughtful, amazingly talented and detail-oriented, and just wonderful people to have as part of your big day.

Sent on 02/09/2012

Shauna · Married on 09/10/2011

Rissa and Nathaniel were one of the best, if not the best vendors that we had for our wedding. They are super nice, very easy to work with, and put everyone at ease on the day of the wedding. I can't say they are the cheapest photographers out there, but in our experience with all the vendors as a whole, you definitely get what you pay for.

Also, their eco-friendly approach is refreshing and apparently rare in the Baltimore area!

Sent on 02/22/2012

Debbie · Married on 06/12/2011

My husband and I are in love with our wedding photos by Rissa and Nathaniel! The photos were exactly what we wanted – natural and spontaneous, capturing true, unbridled emotion on everyone’s faces. The best part was having both of them there to capture the same moments from different perspectives and places. Pre-ceremony, Nathaniel followed the groom and Rissa followed me, so we now have a nice side-by-side album of what we were both doing at the exact same times. They were willing to work with us with any concerns we had, and gave us an album credit just for using some of the eco-friendly vendors they recommended. They limit the number of weddings they do per weekend so that they can give their full, undivided attention to their clients’ special day. Even though we only hired them for a set number of hours, the party went longer than expected and Balance was flexible enough to stay with us as long as we needed them to. They took great care of us before, during, and after the wedding. They are truly talented photographers and beautiful people, and I highly recommend them to all brides and grooms in the area!

Sent on 01/20/2012

Barbara · Married on 04/30/2011

I just saw my daughter's boudoir photographs from Balance Boudoir that I gave her for an engagement giftl WOW! They were a perfect cure for the 'body image" issues that almost any bride experiences. The hair & makeup, photographic and lightning techniques, and touchups made my daughter look and feel beautiful and powerful, yet the pics were so tasteful that she was comfortable showing them to me. Of course, her husband-to-be loved them, too!

Balance Boudior photos are a perfect gift for any bride. Thanks, Rissa!

Sent on 05/03/2011

Karen · Married on 09/05/2010

Great photographers and fun to work with...

Sent on 02/02/2011

Jan · Married on 08/07/2010

Rissa and Nate were amazing. So much fun to work with from the get go. They showed up at our wedding with an additional photographer and an assistant, so there were 4 people taking pictures during the wedding and reception. They were attentive and professional throughout. Such a pleasure to work with. Even the guests liked them. I recommend them so highly. If you have to budget in another area to hire them, it is well worth it!!

Sent on 08/10/2010
  • lelugray

Leslie · Married on 06/05/2010

What can I say? Rissa and Nathaniel were incredible - the coverage they gave us, from the getting ready, to the shots of our rings, to every moment of the ceremony, reception and everything. They were professional, sweet and thorough. I recommend them absolutely.

Sent on 06/22/2010

Amy · Married on 05/15/2010

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!!!!!!! This couple is sooooo much fun and is not the "typical" wedding photographers... They are TRUE artists!!!! We are so happy with Balance. They were so much fun to work with.

Sent on 05/28/2010

brittany · Married on 04/10/2010

How much room do i have to write??? Because I could go on for daysss....balance MADE my wedding day. They are the epitome of the photo journalistic style which was THE most important thing to me -- candid, REAL moments as they happened. Not only do i feel that i made the BEST choice, I actually never dreamed photography could be so incredible. The husband/wife team of Rissa and Nathaniel were perfect for us in every single way -- a young fun loving couple who meshed perfectly into our group of friends and family at our wedding. With their 10+ years experience and sheer TALENT, there was no doubt in my mind that they would cover every moment of my wedding flawlessly, and unobtrusively as well. Nathaniel was so stealthy that i heard my guests refer to him as the "sniper" -- catching every moment as it happened with unbelievable precision. Rissa was with me while i was getting ready with the girls and she fit right in, sharing the excitement and joy of the moment with me. I, as well as my mom and bridesmaids, felt completely at ease with her presence, as she shot every last detail of my jewelry, dresses, flowers, shoes and my entire getting ready process.

After the ceremony, the duo expertly coordinated my family for formals, making it a smooth and painless process. Then when my hubby and I did our romantics, they gave us just enough direction, while letting us have some moments to ourselves, which in turn created the most stunning portraits I have literally EVER seen, anywhere -- magazines included!!! I actually want to submit SO many photos to every bridal magazine i can think of because they are THAT amazing!!!

During the reception, the two were like old friends, mingling through the crowd of guests capturing moments of each and every person who attended my wedding -- without having to say "Hey You! Say Cheese!!" All of the pictures were uploaded to the most user friendly hosting sight i have ever seen -- even my mom and technically un-inclined dad had NO problem viewing them! My friends and family have not only been RAVING about the pictures, but the photographers themselves. I am BEYOND thrilled with balance. Worth every penny!!!!! They will be our photographers for life :-)))

Sent on 07/07/2010

Leslie · Married on 02/28/2010

Rissa and Nathaniel were amazing, truly professional, but also a lot of fun. Their experience as photojournalists really enhanced both their shooting styles and the shots that they got. There wasn't anything forced, or cheesy or lame - all of the shots, even the posed ones, were about the venue, the subject, the moment, the smile - You know how people say you will never remember your wedding? I do, not only because it was an amazing day, but because those photos evoke specific memories, specific emotions, and it all comes back. I made the right choice/

Sent on 04/12/2010
  • TheMrs

Dana · Married on 09/12/2009

Talk about perfection! First of all, besides Rissa & Nathaniel's amazing talents as photgraphers, they're personalities are awesome & caring!! I met a lot of bad photographers that seemed stiff or just not even remotely passionate. Balance is the complete opposite! They are so fun & so helpful from the beginning & planning stages. They worked with our budget which we soo appreciated, because they are worth soo much more! They also helped things run smoothly to get all the traditional pictures we wanted in the short amount of time we had. Everyone was so impressed with them & also had a blast with them throughout the day! I remember some weddings with some very annoying photographers, but Balance is soo good. We just did our thing and when we wanted a picture of something specific, there they were! Brittany who is one of their assistants is also amazing :) All in all, this was one of the best additions to our wedding day, you will NOT go wrong by choosing Balance - they are quite simply, the best :) Thank you!

Sent on 10/08/2009
  • Jen

Jen · Married on 09/05/2009

these guys are so fun and really enjoy what they do. and that comes through in their picture taking quality. they completely put us at ease and they were always there when we needed them. we will be customers for life for any other special events we have in our life

Sent on 09/09/2009

amy · Married on 07/18/2009

Rissa and Nathaniel were absolutely amazing. I always felt comfortable around them and truly beautiful. They always put us first and kept things very organized. They were not pushy or rude. My entire family and wedding party loved them. I feel like they became more like friends than anything else. I am going to use them in the future for other events like pregnancy pictures, baby pictures, boudoir shoots etc. They were a true pleasure to work with and so understanding of our every need. You are missing out if you do not choose them to be your photographers.

Sent on 08/08/2009

Meagan · Married on 06/05/2009

Rissa and Nate are wonderful - to work with, in their professionalism and knowledge, experience and background in photography. My husband took a photography class with them a few years ago, and nothing but great things to say about them. Honestly, we didn't need to check out other photographers after meeting with them and looking through their portfolios. They are both honest, hard-working and creative. Our engagement photos and wedding photos turned out fantastic!

Sent on 08/06/2009
  • Qui

Qui · Married on 05/30/2009

I'm really happy to see all the stellar reviews for Nathanial and Rissa! All I ever wanted for my wedding day was photo-journalistic style photos, and Balance Photography delivered. We have a few sample shots on our website: http://ryanandqui.com/?p=165 if you'd like to see a few of ours. I can't speak highly enough of the lengths they went to to capture every special moment. Whether it required feats of strength or flexibility, they got the shots! I owe them a special thank you for taking such good care of me and my girls - those are photos I will treasure all my life. We're also so honored that they came early to capture our "getting ready" photos - that wasn't something we planned into the day, but they knew it would matter to us later (and they are some of the best shots). It's also worth mentioning that, as a hands-off bride, I didn't bother "screening" them in advance - that might be unusual, but I trusted them from the get-go just based on their website and interactions with my husband. God bless you guys!

Sent on 08/24/2009

Scott · Married on 04/25/2009

We met Nathaniel from Balance at a bridal show, and instantly had a great experience of service and responsiveness. Discussing the details for contracting Balance to travel to our Jamaican destination wedding, including arranging flights, resort, photography packages, and engagement photo options was easy and very pleasureable. Nathaniel and Rissa were professional, quick to respond, honest and just exceptional to plan with.

When it comes to having Balance shoot the wedding, we couldn't be happier. The photography was taken in a photojournalistic style, so many more intimate, important moments were caught on film which would not normally show in "posed" pictures. They were able to mingle and make our families and friends feel at ease. The photo quality was outstanding, and we're still amazed how well they turned out!

My wife and I are so very happy with the quality, value, and experience of the Balance crew! We have already recommended them to family and friends.

Sent on 08/09/2009

Emily · Married on 09/27/2008

When we were first engaged, all of our married friends stressed how important our wedding photographer would be. Of course we were nervous, but Nathaniel and Rissa talked us off of more ledges than our spiritual advisor. Their knowledge stretches far beyond photography. Every step of the way, from the cake tasting to mother of the groom gifts, Nathaniel and Rissa had excellent advise and suggestions. They were never pushy or aggressive with their ideas and suggestions. They got to know my husband and I first, then naturally adapted to fit our style.
    The day of the wedding, Nathaniel, Rissa, and their assistant arrived at the wedding site dressed professionally and blended seamlessly into our wedding party; so much so that half the pictures they took, I didn't even realize I was being filmed! They were personable and friendly with every member of the wedding party.
    If we weren't impressed before, we were completely blown away when we received our pictures. Within a few weeks of the wedding, Nathaniel and Rissa sent us our pictures in a beautiful picture box, with a fine canvas bag, our pictures on CD, and a new IPod Nano loaded with music selections and our pictures. The pictures were not only artistic and stylistic, but intimate and personal. In fact, my twin brother who spent way too much on a "brand name" photographer wants to get re-married just so Balance Photography can shoot his wedding.
    There is not enought that I can say about Balance Photography. Seriously, if you are searching for a wedding photographer who will provide you with personal service as well as give you all the bang for your buck, go with Balance Photography. This will be one wedding stress you won't have to worry about.

Sent on 03/02/2009