38 Reviews for Bakermama

Groom's Cake (4)
Cake Pops (2)
Organic (1)
36 Bakermama Reviews

Oh my gosh I loved working with Althea! She was so sweet and really wanted to provide a memorable cake for our wedding. From the tasting with my family and choosing the flavors we loved (3-tier vanilla, snickerdoodle, and strawberry) to finally getting to enjoy with our guests the cake we'd been bragging about. It was great. So easy to work with as she asked questions to find out what we were looking for and even trying new flavor profiles she hadn't done before which tasted amazing! My sister even chose her based on that first meeting her to provide her smash cake for her 30th birthday :) - a delicious peach cake with watercolor icing! Highly recommend and will go with again myself. Wonderful experience from beginning to end. Thank you, Althea.

Photo for Bakermama Review - beautiful and tasty cake
Photo for Bakermama Review - I love his face here lol
Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Althea was absolutely wonderful to work with! We loved having her be a part of our big day! She was so sweet and the process of ordering the cakes was super easy! The cakes were so yummy and cute, and we couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Dayna, 5/27/18, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I can not tell you how amazing our wedding cake was and how much I loved working with Althea! We had inspirational pictures for this over the top themed Egyptian wedding cake, and man she pulled it off fantastically! Such an amazing cake artist! Everyone is still talking about our cake! I would recommend her to any bride, or anyone out there. Just so talented!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/26/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bakermama can make the wedding cake of your dreams! I provided her with a picture of what we wanted and she delivered! The cake was yummy too!!

Profile Picture Kristi, 5/5/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Cakes

I loved everything about my experience with Thea, from tasting to planning my design, to seeing my cake on our big day. She was easy to work with and really listened to me. The real icing on the cake (haha) was that my entire cake was gluten-free carrot cake. I have never in my life tasted anything so divine, and the fact that it was gluten-free and safe on my wedding day? Priceless!

Profile Picture Courtney, 11/11/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cake Stands

We were extremely lucky in the fact that we found Althea ( Bakermama) as we were late in looking for a baker, fortunately for us she was able to make our cake and some fabulous cookies as well. Our wedding was a barn themed event and when my bride, Peggy asked Althea if she could make a cake that looked like a stack of hay bales, she with a big smile said "that is an awesome idea" and was excited to do it for us . She then suggested that the grooms cake be a round bale of hay, both cakes were gorgeous " looked just like hay bales" and were incredibly delicious. I don't usually eat cake but these I sure did, excellent cakes , the best I have ever eaten. Althea thank you for everything you did, the cakes and cookies were the best, you did a fantastic job.
J Langford

Profile Picture Jerry, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cookies, Groom's Cake

You MUST have bakermama do your wedding cake! Our cake was more than perfection. Thea was so patient and professional, and willing to meet all our requests. The cake was delivered on time. Thea decorated our cake with the flowers we prepared ourselves and everything turned out to be so great! The cake tasted so good as well. I could not express enough how grateful I am!

Profile Picture DI, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

As my one year wedding anniversary is approaching, I find myself looking back at my wedding photos and was reminded of the beautiful pieces of art that were our wedding cakes. Althea was a pleasure to work with and did an incredible job of compiling my various cake inspiration photos into one-of-kind masterpieces. Thank you again for all your hard work from almost a year ago!

Profile Picture Allie, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Her cakes were yummy. She prepared a two-tier wedding cake, cupcakes and a groom's cake. Flavors were delicious, and she was able to perfectly match my wedding colors and the lace pattern that was on my dress. The whole experience with Bakermama was perfect!

Profile Picture Shonda, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Thea did an amazing job on my cake and dessert table. We could choose from a huge variety of different desserts which were all customized to my color and style She had great ideas and executed then perfectly. The tasting was convenient and communication was fast. We will use Bakermama for our anniversary cake which is a cool idea. Book Bakermama if you want perfection!

Profile Picture Trishia, 3/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup

What can I say about Bakermama/Thea...I'll just say that no words can express my gratitude and satisfaction with Thea's work on our wedding cakes. From the very beginning when I reached out to Thea (about 13 months before the wedding), she was incredibly responsive and had amazing customer service skills. When we met her for the cake tasting, we were amazed with how good her cakes tasted. As the wedding got closer and we started to finalize our wedding cakes, she was wonderful at providing feedback and suggestions and making sure we were happy AND got a high quality cake. She gave us amazing prices (including delivery and cake stand rentals), and she reached out several weeks before the wedding to make sure there were no changes that we needed to account for. The day of the wedding, our guests LOVED our wedding cakes. They were the highlight of our event. They not only tasted FANTASTIC, but they looked AMAZING. My bridal cake was a simple, elegant white cake (strawberry and lemon) and my husband's cake was a very detailed Army cake (chocolate). Our guests devoured every last bite, so that is a testament to Thea's great work.

I HIGHLY recommend Thea to brides and couples. She is talented, sweet, and just an all around great person. You will NOT be disappointed!!

Profile Picture Paulina, 2/24/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

My husband and I couldn't have been any happier with our wedding cake!! I am a baker myself, and was looking for someone who would be able to live up to my high expectations to detail, flavor and moistness of the cake. Bakermama FAR exceeded our expecations in every way and made a delicious cake for our wedding that our guests could not stop talking about. She was so prompt in initially replying and setting up a tasting appointment. After that, she made the entire process of choosing a design and was able to help give some advice on what would look the best with my entire theme. Her attention to detail is unmatched. If you are serious about your wedding cake tasting delicious and looking beautiful, all at an affordable price then you have found the perfect wedding cake baker. Above all else, her attitude towards baking and her sweet personality make her so pleasant to deal with! We are truly fortunate to have had her as our cake baker and give her our HIGHEST recommendation!!

Profile Picture Christina, 12/31/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes

Wow - Bakermama was fantastic & perfect for our wedding! I couldn't have asked for a better cake decorator - she knows her craft! My fiancé (now husband!) and I searched all over Dallas for a cake decorator that could not only make a great cake but at an affordable price. Let me tell you, that was hard to find! When I found Bakermama on Wedding Wire she was quick to answer any questions or concerns that I had about our cake (and not to mention very affordable!). She was very easy to work with and scheduled us a tasting right away! Her flavors were absolutely awesome! We had many guest at our wedding rave about our cake - we're so grateful to have found Bakermama! I strongly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Samantha, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bakermama was THE BEST! Her cakes were delicious! She was extremely responsive to all of my questions and so sweet when I changed my mind a few times. She sent pictures of all the different cake-size combos I could imagine and made the whole cake design process easy! She delivered the cakes with cake plates and decorated them with our flower and cake topper! I would highly recommend getting your desserts from Bakermama!!

Profile Picture Claire, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake, Cake Stands

Absolutely beautiful cake! Not only that, but she easily was able to change plans when my first venue fell through. Super nice and fun to do the cake test with! Would suggest her to anyone. The cake was sooooo delicious! Loved it!!!! Thanks Thea!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/12/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Althea did an AMAZING job on our wedding cake! I would have paid way more for less quality from someone else near Dallas. She seriously exceeded our expectatios. We went with the lemon flavor and it was SOOOOO GOOD! We got a lot of compliments. She is also the sweetest and most down to earth person and very easy to work with. HIGHLY recommended!!!!

Profile Picture Erica , 6/7/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery

Bakermama has made cookies for me twice! Both times they were perfect! Beyond what I expected. So many compliments on them from the guests and several asked "who made these? " definitely going to Bakermama for all my future baking needs!

Profile Picture Sandra, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I had requested some cookies for a special event I was having and Bakermama did an amazing job! Not only were people impressed with how beautiful the cookies were, but they were equally impressed with how well they tasted. You can tell that a lot of time and effort went into each individual piece. I would highly recommend Bakermama for any occasion!

Profile Picture Melanie, 6/1/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly, highly recommend Bakermama! I decided to have a one year wedding in October of 2015, my husband and I decided this about a month before the actual date of the reception. Thea was amazing, she took on our business knowing the time frame was crunched and she not only made the most beautiful cake for us but she went above my expectations in presentation and taste. I can't say enough wonderful things about her. Usually people don't eat the cake at the receptions and there is a lot left over but not this cake, it was almost completely gone once our reception was done and people even asked if they could take some home. I'm so thankful I found Bakermama and I can officially say I've found a baker for life! We thank you so much for all you did for us.

Profile Picture Tanya, 10/11/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Cakes, Cookies, Consultations, Custom Design, Cake Stands

Unbelievable quality work! Everything was beautiful and delicious!!! Wouldn't think of hiring anyone else!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Bakermama has some really amazing talent. She paid attention to every detail andadd our special day even more memorable.

Profile Picture User5575054, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I contacted Thea with Bakermama for a consultation for my wedding and stopped looking! She was so attentive and detail oriented that I knew she was the one that would make the perfect cake. Fast forward to our wedding day and she delivered! It was amazing! You could tell she poured her heart into that cake. It tasted like heaven. Thea is a creative genius. Thank you so much for adding such a special touch to our special day. I would recommend Bakermama to anyone who wants to work with someone that takes the time to listen to your vision and create it flawlessly.

Profile Picture Jamie, 9/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Everyone keeps telling me how much they loved my cake. They loved how beautiful it was and how yummy it tasted. And they are right. My cake was beautiful and perfect, exactly as I invisioned. The cake was so good: fluffy, light and moist. Everything was just as I requested. Thea was a joy to work with and gets back to you right away. I had to contact her last minute to help me with my wedding cake due to unforseen circumstances and it was no problem for her, nor did I feel like I was a hassle to her as with other bakers. Thea also delivered the cake to the reception site, with set up, and no issues. Thank you so much for taking great care of me and making a perfect wedding cake for me!

Profile Picture Britani, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I am WOW'ed by the amazing cookies Bakermama made for a special occasion. She went completely off script and made the most incredible cookies that looked like a cake!!!! The guest of honor was shocked. I can't believe that they tasted better than they looked. That is a hard thing to find. Now I just need to find another excuse to order again....

Profile Picture Brooklyn, 8/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Wedding Cake

I used Bakermama for my daughter's birthday party (giant cake and cookies) and I was beyond impressed! The buttercream is amazing and the cake tasted so fresh and rich. Her attention to detail and creativity is like nothing I've seen. Lucky to live so close to her!...I will never use anyone else.

Profile Picture Kristy, 8/1/15, 1 Review