Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Marissa
    Marissa P. Getting married on 03/21/2023

Talented and Professional

I have had my makeup and hair professional done well over 30 times for various events. Backstage Hair and Makeup is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with. They made me feel absolutely stunning for my engagement photos, I am honestly disappointed I won't get to use them for my wedding since I decided to get married in Costa Rica. They are great and I would recommend them to anyone!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie W. Married on 10/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So happy I chose this team!

About 6 weeks before my wedding in Cancun I got cold feet of using the makeup and hair stylists offered at the hotel spa and reached out to Backstage. Lucky for me, Alex and Denizli were available. They found time to come do a trial run with me as well before the big day. I really wanted a "natural, but better" look and I was so happy with the makeup that Alex did. She also did our mother's makeup and they both looked so beautiful and not over done at all. They both really listened to what everyone wanted and delivered results we were all happy with. The airbrush makeup did not budge or smudge and my hair stayed curled in the Cancun humidity. After my trial I was able to tell them any adjustments I wanted to make and they were very accommodating. They arrived early both days and communicated very well. I would definitely recommend this team for your big day!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Daryna
    Daryna K. Married on 10/15/2022

Top-notch hair & makeup service

I searched WeddingWire for hair & makeup services for my October 2022 Tulum wedding and Backstage appeared in my searches pretty quickly.

I'm so happy I found this awesome team!

Working with Alejandra and Deniz was truly the highlight of the wedding weekend for me.

We did trial hair & makeup (which I'm so so happy we did as that removed a lot of day-of stress), and I very quickly realized that not only they're both true professionals, but also just so fun and easy to talk to.

My wedding party truly enjoyed working with them as well, and I have the warmest memories from the morning when we were getting ready. Thank you so much for making us look and feel so good and for all the great vibes.

Hope we can work together again, I'm looking for an excuse to come back to Tulum and do a photoshoot or something :)
    Sandy Married on 07/09/2022

Best experience!

We were so happy with Backstage Hair and Makeup . Alex and her team were so friendly and professional, used great products to have us look so natural throughout our 4 day Indian wedding in Cancun. Despite the heat, everything held up so well. They had us looking our best on time, every event. So happy we chose this company. Definitely would call on them again.
  • Thais
    Thais A. Married on 06/27/2022

Amazing experience

I was originally going to use the resort spa for my hair and make up and last minute after hearing some horror stories I decided I needed to find a hair and make up vendor. I came to wedding wire and found backstage H&M and I’m so glad I did. Only I was getting my hair and make up done (no bridesmaids) so Alex had Emilia come to do my hair and make up so I didn’t have to pay a vendor fee for hair and another one for make up which was awesome. Amelia was super friendly and listened to exactly what I wanted! After my trial I had a couple of tweaks I wanted and she perfectly executed the change. Cancun is hot and humid and they do your hair and make up to make sure it stays looking nice. I’m still waiting for more photos but have provided some that show my hair and make up well. So happy with my experience and would highly recommend backstage H&M.
  • Jessica
    Jessica H. Married on 06/04/2022

Amazing hair and makeup

Alex and her team were absolutely amazing! My bridesmaids and I were all very happy with her service and highly recommend for your destination wedding
    Kassidy A. Married on 05/19/2022

Amazing!

Alejandra and her team did an absolutely amazing job! They made sure the day went smoothly (with 10 bridesmaids, the bride and my mom all getting makeup done) and were prepared for everything. Such genuinely nice ladies. They made sure me and all my bridesmaids felt special all day long. And the makeup looked AMAZING. Very natural looking and lasted all night in the extreme heat! Would definitely hire them all over again. Very Very Very pleased. Everyone Hire them!!!
    Trishna P. Married on 04/08/2022

Wonderful experience!!

We LOVED Alex and her team!! They were prepared, on time, and so very friendly!! We all came with pictures and they matched make up and hairstyles exactly how we wanted!! We were extremely satisfied with the services and received many compliments from other wedding guests. Some even asked if they could get theirs done the next day!! I recommend Alex for your special day, she is the perfect hair and make up vendor to take care of you!!
  • Kaytee
    Kaytee G. Married on 03/24/2022

Made me look like a Goddess, when I usually look like Chandler Bing

Oh my gosh, this review has been a long time coming!!

After a horrible experience being MOH a few years ago where the makeup artist had me looking like a prostitute that caters specifically to clowns, I was very nervous about getting my makeup done for my own wedding. I wanted to be able to recognize myself and look like 'me', but better!

Alex 110% delivered! Using quality products, and amazing airbrush makeup that feels light but lasts though EVERYTHING! I'm telling you, myself and my wedding party walked over a mile around Hotel Xcaret taking photos. I cried through the ceremony. Hubs and I took photos on a windy beach. And then, after dinner. It RAINED. I mean, a straight downpour for about 30 minutes. Of course, my photographer (Jhankarlo Photography) being the amazing artist he is, asked if we were down to get some rain photos, and you bet your sweet bippy we were!
    After our amazing, superhero DJ (Audio Cancun) moved all his DJ equipment into a nearby cave, we then danced and partied hard for 3 hours.

Now I'll be honest, I was expecting to look like the Joker when we got our wedding photos back. I mean, we danced face-up in the rain and between the humidity, the alcohol (I have rosacea in my face and it gets 2X more red when I drink), and sweating like pigs while dancing, I had little hope of the makeup looking anything like it did at the beginning of the day. BOY, was I wrong :) Backstage Hair & Makeup knows how to keep your face intact through ANYTHING Mexico can throw at you. Do yourself a favor, and hire this amazing team for your big day (or any day!)
    Amanda H. Married on 02/20/2022

Just amazing!

Alex and her team were absolutely incredible. They made my bridesmaids and I feel like the most beautiful versions of ourselves with high quality products and natural looks that enhanced everyone’s best features. The hair and makeup lasted all night and I swear I will never look that good again!! I would recommend them 100x over!
    Elise Married on 12/18/2021

Absolute best in Cancun!

Alex and her crew were truly so amazing! They were so fun to be around while we were all getting ready and they did a phenomenal job with makeup and hair! Wouldn’t change a thing about the experience with this artist!!!
  • Annjela
    Annjela J. Married on 11/13/2021

A Wedding Day Must-Have

A destination wedding has so many moving parts and it can be difficult to plan and book such intimate things like hair and makeup from afar. However, Backstage H&M was my easiest and best wedding decision. Communication with Alex was always timely and informative, and she was incredibly flexible with our ever-changing plans because of Covid shutdowns. Even when the resort presented us with challenges about having external vendors, she was so understanding and helpful in coming up with easy and stress-reducing options to make it easier on me. And the best part? Her work absolutely speaks for itself! I wanted a very natural look and she delivered- I looked like a very polished and glam version of myself for both days of events! My guests had nothing but compliments about my hair (shoutout to Ely!) and makeup, and I appreciated that I looked flawless in every single picture (professional to camera phone!)

Cannot recommend Alex and her team enough, you will not be disappointed with her professionalism and talent!

Pictured: (1) wedding ceremony, (2) my dad and I at the welcome party
    Michelle R. Married on 11/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Best! The Best! The Best!

Beyond thankful for Alex, Isaac and their amazing team! Backstage did our make up and hair for my wedding and rehearsal. Alex even arrived early to get set up, and she was so organized, thoughtful and flexible throughout our planning together. Alex responds so quickly to email or WhatsApp. Not to mention, her make up work was STUNNING and Isaac’s work was too! Alex understands and cares about what the client wants, and I love how effortlessly natural we all looked. Beyond happy with our result (across the board) and would re-book and recommend in a heart beat!
  • INGRID
    Ingrid T. Married on 08/08/2021

Amazing make up artist!

Finding the right make up artist for our wedding was a huge challenge for me. I don't like to wear a lot of make up, so I wanted to ensure we found someone who didnt make my face too cakey! ALEX was amazing, OMG we were so pleased with her talents and how beautiful she made all us ladies look. She makes you feel comfortable and listens to what you are looking for. She accentuates your best features and truly you can see the passion she has! She was always quick to answer my texts and I would book her again in a heartbeat! Highly recommend Alex and her team!
    Mattie M. Married on 10/10/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing! Everything was perfect thanks to Alex and her team. They were incredible and I can’t thank them enough!

I cannot thank Alex and her team enough! They were so incredible. From the beginning they made me and my bridesmaids feel so comfortable. They were so professional (and extremely nice) and captured the look everyone wanted perfectly. Alex is an amazing artist and her attention to detail is incredible. The whole team is so talented and took care of everything so I didn’t have to worry about anything. It even rained and everyone’s makeup stayed on perfectly! Book Backstage Hair and Makeup you won’t regret it!
  • Cesaley
    Cesaley S. Married on 06/20/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

This amazing team made us feel BEAUTIFUL

The Backstage team is WONDERFUL! They met us at the venue for my 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and my makeup AND hair and made it all seem so fun and easy. We looked and felt amazing all day and night. Our hair and makeup withstood the Riviera Maya July heat/humidity thanks to Alex and her team's products and work. HIGHLY recommend them for your hair and makeup!
    Melissa Y. Married on 12/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

UNBELIEVABLE experience with Backstage!

I got married at the Dreams Riviera Cancun on December 7th. Last year, after doing some searching for an outside hair and makeup vendor, i came across Backstage. Alex, right of the jump was super friendly, very very sweet and extremely personable. We communicated over the course of the year before the wedding and she was so accommodating when there were tons of last minute changes. The day of the wedding was literally MAGICAL. We had Alex and Eugenia for make up and Johair and Selene for hair. All 4 of them were wonderful!! for the girls that got ready earlier who wanted a little touch up before the ceremony, they did it without a problem. I was not thrilled with the pictures i saw of the resort spa's hair and make up dept so thats why i opted to venture to an outside vendor and let me tell you, I am so happy i did and even happier that i chose Backstage. Their website was really professional and user friendly so that attracted me initially but i have to say it is a fabulous representation of Alex and her crew!
    FYI we had a big group getting services, 3 guests, myself as the bride, 6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, 1 flower girl. and it went nothing but SMOOTH.

Prices very reasonable for that quality of services that you receive. It was more pricey than what the resort offered but you are talking a major difference in the quality and experience. you NEVER EVER EVER want to go cheap on hair and make up when it comes to a wedding. You will for sure regret it.

Thank you Alex, Johair, Selene and Eugenia for helping to make my day so special and perfect.
  • Karly
    Karly Married on 06/29/2019

WOW - Perfect choice

Backstage was wonderful to work with. Leslie was easy to communicate with and flexible to meet requests. She helped me pick out my bridal look and made sure that it was exactly what I wanted. Her and her team came to my house on my wedding day and added a fun, evergetic spirit to our getting ready time. I cannot recommend backstage enough!
    Arielle Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing experience

These girls were amazing. They listened to exactly what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. Would definitely recommend!
  • Gabrielle
    Gabrielle Married on 04/13/2019

Transformative!

Alex and Daniel were fantastic! We truly were given beauty upgrades! The team was patient and flexible as we started late. They even helped me with my tricky shirt and thin hair, which survived the humidity. They were great!! Thanks 🙏🏽
    Emily V. Married on 04/07/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect Hair & Makeup team!

Alex & Angie were incredible! They are so talented, and I could not be happier with how my bridal hair and makeup turned out. My whole bridal party looked stunning, and everyone was so thrilled with the results. Alex was very responsive to all of the communication leading up to the wedding, and offered a ton of flexibility with me on the day of. At the last minute, I was able to schedule a bridal touch up. Both Alex and Angie stayed much longer than expected to fix my hair and makeup midway through the day as the wind was stronger than we anticipated. This team is so talented, and a major pleasure to work with. I cannot recommend them enough!
    Katie C. Married on 01/17/2019

The best of the best!

I hired Alex for my wedding on January 17th, 2019. Coming from Canada, I was nervous as I was unable to have a trial before, but I could not have been more pleased with how my makeup turned out. She was so easy to work with, always e-mailed me back immediately and was extremely professional. The makeup that she used lasted all day and was super high quality. I could not recommend her services more!
    Rachel Married on 12/30/2018

We loved everything!

We could not be happier with our services from Alex and her team. There were a lot of bumps in our wedding planning but Alex and her team were the one constant that never let us down. She was responsive and even helped me through things that weren't her issue. She is very sweet and such a skilled artist. My makeup stayed on all night and my hair withstood the wind by the ocean. My bridesmaids got exactly the looks they were going for as well. She and her team of 2 other people were able to do hair and makeup for me, 5 bridesmaids as well as both mom's in 4 hours and made everyone look perfect. Thank you Alex!
    Alexandra F. Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing hair & makeup team

When I first decided to have a destination wedding in Mexico the thing I was most concerned about was who was going to do my hair & makeup. After reaching out to a few people I know who have also had weddings in Mexico, only one of the girls raved about her H&M team and that was Backstage (who also came highly recommended from my wedding planner as well.) I used Backstage for 3 events, one of them requiring 3 hair changes and was beyond happy with the outcome all 3 times. Alex just totally understood what I wanted done and everything came out perfect the first time around. My wedding party was also extremely happy with Alex and her team and I can't thank them enough for some how making my hair and makeup stay all night long even with the humidity. I can not recommend backstage enough to any brides and wish I already had my professional photos to share with everyone :)
illustration stars