Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals Reviews

43 Reviews for Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals

43 Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals Reviews
  • kate

kate · Married on 10/28/2018

Alex and her team are amazing!!

While it is difficult to try to find vendors in Mexico when I am planning from the states, when I saw the photos and reviews I knew I had to pick Backstage for our hair and makeup. Alex and her team were AMAZING, the pricing was very fair as well. Her team of 4 including herself did all 9 of our hair and makeup for my wedding. Everyone was thrilled at the outcome of their hair and makeup which never happens for that many girls! I wanted a more natural look and I definitely got that, but you can see my makeup in photo's and they made my eyes pop with still not putting too much makeup on. I would hire them again in an instant! Great experience with an amazing team. Thank you Alex!

Carly · Married on 05/20/2018

We could not be happier with our experience. Alex was responsive and well prepared. She created a stress free and relaxing environment on the day of the wedding. Her and her team did a wonderful job of making sure everyone was happy with both their hair and makeup. Both lasted all night! We highly recommend Alex and her team.

Kristen · Married on 05/20/2018

I can’t say enough about how great Alex and her team were! I wasn’t sure what to expect since I was traveling to Mexico from Boston for my wedding and unable to have a trial before booking Backstage H&M. Alex is an incredibly talented makeup artist and made everyone look so natural and beautiful. My hair came out exactly how I envisioned and the beach waves lasted all night despite the humidity. I have been in a lot of weddings and this was by far the best hair and makeup experience I’ve ever had! Thank you so much Alex!

allison · Married on 04/21/2018

Alex & her team are a class act. My entire bridal party looked gorgeous and the entire process of working with Alex was a delight. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is extremely professional and accommodating. Thank you, Alex! XO

Amanda · Married on 01/23/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Backstage H&M. We booked them for my wedding and I am so glad we did. Alex was so accommodating and flexible, even up to the last week when I had a few extra services I needed to add on. The girls were set-up and ready to go, right on time and did a fantastic job of keeping to the schedule. They are true professionals. Alex is an artist and you can tell she really enjoys what she does. Being the bride, I was nervous, anxious, stressed, but as soon as I sat down to have my makeup done by Alex, she immediately made me feel relaxed and calm. She had the perfect background music playing the whole time and was great to talk to and get to know. She did my mother's makeup and she looked beautiful! She did a great job of giving each girl exactly the look they want, fine-tuning it so you really felt like yourself. My makeup stayed on so well, even with the humidity, the sweat, tears, it really held up! For the hair.....WOW, Selene was incredible! We showed her pictures and she recreated the exact look, if not better. My mother-in-law has very naturally curly hair and was so nervous about what to have done with it. Selene gave her a beautiful up-do, and my MIL was so happy, she cried! Selene did my (now) step-daughter's hair, who's 10, and it looked amazing. For my hair, I showed her a photo and she made my hair look better than I could have imagined. I was so happy! If you're in the Tulum/Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area....I cannot recommend this wonderful team enough. There's not one bad thing I could say, Backstage H&M is the best!

Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals 2
    Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals 3
    Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals 4
    Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals 5

Samantha · Married on 10/14/2017

Backstage Hair & Make Up went above and beyond our expectations. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult because you can't meet any one prior to your big day. I read countless reviews and I am so thankful I found Backstage.

From the first email, Alex was always very clear and flexible. She took time to answer my questions and was always very quick to respond.

The day of my hair and make up trial I had to meet with another vendor and was running very late to meet Alex & Sandy. When I showed up, they were still very professional and made the whole experience very fun. They took their time with my hair and make up and gave me several options for my wedding day. Alex did an incredible job finding the perfect shade to match my skin. I was very nervous about having airbrush make up done because I don't often wear make up. However, when Alex was finished I loved how light the airbrush felt and how natural it looked.

Sandy was a master artist working on my hair. She was able to twist and curl my hair into a beautiful relaxed updo. I am very particular about my hair and Sandy really blew me away. During the trial Sandy styled my hair a few ways and every time she styled my hair I loved it! Alex took pictures of each style so that I would be able to chose the right one without feeling rushed. It made me so thankful that I did a trial!

The day of the wedding Alex & Sandy were INCREDIBLE! We had a very diverse group of women getting hair and make up done, but they really listened to everybody and made sure everyone felt beautiful.

My mom in particular was very stressed the day of the wedding because she had some sun damage on her face. After spending a few minutes with Alex, my mom looked in the mirror and her smile was so radiant. Alex & Sandy took the time to not only make me feel beautiful, but they took the time to make my mom feel beautiful too. Such a talented, loving group of people and we are so happy we found them!

Elyse · Married on 09/16/2017

Alex and her team were simply amazing!! We had 14 people on the day of the wedding that needed hair and make up and each one of us was THRILLED with our hair and makeup; AND they were all so much fun to spend the day with!! I wish I could take Alex back to NYC with me!

Megan · Married on 09/09/2017

Backstage Hair and Makeup made my wedding day remarkable. I was very leery trusting someone I didn't know for my hair and makeup on the biggest day of my life, but they truly exceeded my expectations! They also made the process fun! I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Melody · Married on 07/27/2017

I can't begin to describe how amazing Alex, from Backstage was in her responsiveness and quality of work. I was anxious to book a vendor that I didn't have first hand experience with, but I was thrilled with the outcome. My makeup was flawless (and picture perfect) and my hair was EXACTLY what I wanted. If you are perusing sites trying to find the right artist for your wedding or special event in Mexico, LOOK NO FURTHER!

Bea · Married on 06/21/2017

I am so happy that I listened to my gut feeling and chose H&M to do my (and my grandmothers) hair and makeup for the day of my wedding!
    Given this was a destination wedding I booked a trial and I'm SO happy I did. Alex and I were able to zero in on the exact look I wanted for my wedding.

From the reviews and pictures I saw, I was pexpecting their quality of work to be great and as a makeup artist myself I was HIGHLY impressed by Alex's talent and professionalism. she was also super fun to hangout with and totally added to the experience of my wedding :)

Ps my 83 year old grandmother looked stunning! She kept getting compliments non stop

Danette · Married on 06/17/2017

Alex and her team did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding at Rosewood Mayakoba!! The hair and makeup services were beyond our expectations!! All of us were extremely happy and they duplicated our inspiration pictures to a T!! The wedding ceremony was very breezy on the beach and our hair held up superbly!! Definitely a true test!! Backstage Hair and Makeup deserve an A+!! Thank you Alex!❤️

Kirstin · Married on 06/08/2017

I chose Alex and her team after stumbling across them on wedding wire. Like most brides having a destination wedding, I was hesitant to pick a hair and makeup team that I had never met before. However, after seeing the 5 star rating and numerous reviews I decided to go with Backstage H&M. I was not disappointed! Alex was amazing to work with. She was quick to reply to emails, accommodating and easy to work with. The girls came the day before the wedding to do a trial run and allow me a chance to meet them ahead of time and work through ideas for the day of. The day of the wedding was great! The girls are not only amazing at what they do but very detailed. They work hard to make sure you look and feel your absolute best. Myself as well as all my bridesmaids were in love with the way our hair and makeup turned out. Everyone's hair and makeup lasted all night in the June humidity. I highly recommend Backstage H&M! Thank you for doing an amazing job and helping make my wedding day memorable.

ROBIN · Married on 05/20/2017

Dear Future Bride, MOB & Bridal Party,
    There is no need to bring a Glam Squad to Mexico or your destination wedding,
    THE BEST IS HERE! Alex & Andie are incredible artists. Professional, perfectionists, passionate and caring to make you look beyond your wildest dreams! Flawless creativity, they stayed for touch-ups and followed the bride on her photo shoots as first look to make sure all was perfect. What a team, Nizuc Resort and Spa wedding, they made us feel regal and beautiful.
    Robin

Jenna · Married on 05/20/2017

I cannot even fully put into words how INCREDIBLE Alex and Angie are.... they are true artists. The hair and makeup that they did is absolutely incredible and straight out of a magazine. They are even better than celebrity quality hair and makeup artists. They make you calm and collected, the are organized, on time, professional and most of all fun and awesome people to spend your wedding weekend with. There is no one better in the area.... when considering hair and makeup for a wedding in Mexico... these are your GO TO girls!!!

Carolyn · Married on 05/12/2017

Alex and her team were amazing! I saw another bride who had used Backstage HMU on Facebook and read nothing but positive reviews in a Cancun Brides FB group from previous brides, so I knew I had to contact her. Alex was quick to respond to my initial contact and communication was easy from initial contact until right before my wedding. The day of my wedding I had 7 people plus myself getting their hair and makeup done. Alex and her team were on time, quick to set up, and had started on hair and makeup within a few minutes of arriving. They were able to hair and makeup simultaneously for some of my girls and this worked out great. I was never concerned that we were running short on time which relieved so much stress as the bride. Everyone in my group had different requests for makeup and hair and the team made suggestions and showed pictures of what they thought would work best based on the look. I felt really comfortable letting them decide what was going to look best based on their portfolio of previous brides and wedding parties. The best part was that my bridesmaids, Mom, and MIL LOVED their final looks. It was a great feeling that my girls were happy and confident. Overall, the atmosphere was fun, relaxed, and easy throughout the day and our hair and makeup lasted throughout the night. Thank you to Alex and her team!

Stephanie · Married on 05/11/2017

I had to coordinate & hire everyone for my wedding in Mexico from a computer in Michigan, so I did a TON of research on multiple vendors to feel completely secure in my decision of who to hire. With that said, I can say that it was 150% worth hiring Alejandra & Angie for H&MU!!! Not one vendor compared to their portfolio & I saw A LOT!! They are truly professionals and masters of their craft plus they are very supportive with great communication, which is really a life & time saver when you have 18 million other things to worry about from afar. Both my mom & I have NEVER liked our hair or makeup when done professionally. We have pretty much the exact same face and previous artists never seemed to do what was best for our eye or face shape. With this dynamic duo though, I felt beautiful & everything looked so natural. They really know how to work your best features plus it felt like I didn't even have any makeup on! My mom looked naturally glowing & radiant & I could tell she was totally feeling herself!! hahaa Aside from the overall outcome, I really appreciated their help & honesty during the trial. With so many pinterest ideas it can be hard to make a final decision or know if what looks good on someone else would look good on you & I was completely unaware of what I could or should do, but they looked at my photos then gave helpful suggestions. Instead of saying no you can't do that, they did me the favor of showing me a few different ways I could wear my hair & makeup that were similar to some of the pins I saved while also giving me pro tips for what works or looks better in the climate & beach setting. It is so true that you get what you pay for & it was worth every penny to have these ladies by my side that morning.

Patricia · Married on 05/06/2017

Hair and makeup was the one thing that I was most nervous about booking for my wedding. The process is complicated further when you are planning a destination wedding, and have to rely on online reviews and photos. I looked at a number vendors, and just knew Backstage Hair & Makeup would be it when I saw their photos online. Alex and team are AMAZING! Not only is their work beautiful, but they are so sweet and make the process so much fun. I communicated with Alex for months via email leading up to our wedding. She was always incredibly responsive (unlike many of our other vendors), and SO flexible. We changed the number of people and the times that we needed the team so many times. Alex never once got frustrated and bent over backwards to accommodate us. The reviews don't lie when they say that you're hair and makeup will last all day long and into the night! These ladies can really work some magic. Best of all everyone LOVED their hair and makeup, and we received so many compliments from our wedding guests. I could not have asked for a better group of girls to work with! Thank you a million times over to Alex & Sandy for making me feel so beautiful at my rehearsal dinner and my big day!! xoxo!

Lindsay · Married on 04/29/2017

Backstage Hair & Makeup was so wonderful on our wedding day! They made everyone look beautiful and feel beautiful. The girls were all so nice, professional and creative. I didn't do a trial, but had an idea of what I wanted for my hair. I showed a few pictures of what I had in mind, and it was perfect! The day of the wedding was very windy (20-30mph) and my hair was still pretty much perfect at the end of the night. I would recommend Backstage Hair & Makeup to anyone for their wedding or special event.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 02/02/2017

Amazing girls!! Destination weddings can be surprisingly stressful, especially when deciding on vendors you aren't familiar with for big things like hair and makeup....but honestly rest assured you can trust these lovely ladies! Alex was super on top of responding to all my messages and questions and was flexible with things such as my mom getting hair done only, timing of services and location. She will make it work for you and will reduce stress! Everyone was very happy with their hair and makeup and looked absolutely beautiful for the big day! Alex and her ladies are very talented. I am an anxious person was feeling super extra anxious on my wedding day and was of course overthinking things and probably drove them crazy with my indecision.....but they were nothing but sweet and patient with me. In the end I should have just trusted the process because it turned out amazing ??. Would 100% recommend Alex and her team. Thank you so so so much guys!!

-Michelle

Daniela · Married on 12/03/2016

My husband and I are from New York City and got married at NIZUC Resort and Spa last weekend. We hired the Backstage Hair and Makeup team to do the hair and makeup for our bridal party and they were absolutely amazing. From the moment we first contacted Alejandra, she was super responsive to our needs and worked with us to create a hair and makeup package that worked for our large bridal party. When we met Alejandra and Angie during our planning trip to do the trial, we were extremely happy with it and really trusted them. My mom and I were extremely concerned with timing given that our bridal party had 20 people that needed hair and makeup done (including bridesmaids, mothers, grandmas, etc.). Alex increased the number of hair stylists and makeup artists and promised us that everyone would be ready on time. Needless to say she kept her promise and everyone was ready on time! More importantly, they all looked amazing! Furthermore, when we had some last minute changes, Alejandra and her team was super flexible and understanding. In addition to the wedding, we also used Backstage for our rehearsal dinner and our welcome party. Every single service they provided was perfect. We can't recommend them enough, you will love them!!! Thank you, Backstage Hair and Makeup!

lacey · Married on 10/15/2016

I met Alex and Sandy for the first time when I got to Mexico for my wedding weekend. Coming from NYC I was a little concerned not having a trial before the wedding but a few people told me to trust Alex and her team because they had worked with them before. They were right!!!! Alex and Sandy were both INCREDIBLE! Alex did my makeup and Sandy did my hair all 3 nights of the wedding weekend and I could not be more thankful to them both for making me feel so beautiful. Alex, Sandy and 2 others (I'm so sorry I am blanking on their names!) also did hair and makeup for my mother, mother in law and 4 bridesmaids, who were also BLOWN away by their work. I can not say more wonderful things about Backstage, they are true artists. I don't wear a lot of makeup and Alex knew exactly what to do, I never looked or felt like my makeup was caked on, it was natural and beautiful with subtle details. I showed Sandy a few pictures of hair styles that I liked and she replicated them exactly, with a few of her own touches to perfect each look. We had so much fun with the girls, they are so sweet and had great vibes. They are also extremely punctual! Always on time and we never felt rushed once! If you are considering a company to work with, I HIGHLY recommend Backstage. I can't wait till they come to NYC or the next time I'm back in Mexico because whether I have an event or not I will definitely be calling them to work with them again :) Love you girls! xo

Aleigh · Married on 09/24/2016

When I decided to do a destination wedding, everything was taken care of at the resort that we chose! I was so happy that I could arrive to Cancun and not worry about a thing. However, I knew that there was one thing for sure that I wanted PERFECT - my hair and makeup. I knew that I would be hanging pictures on my wall and looking at them for the rest of my life. I am so beyond thrilled that I found Backstage Hair & Makeup! I came across them on a Facebook group and watched their work for a couple of weeks before booking them. I absolutely fell in love. Our wedding day was a breeze. Alex was so sweet from the first moment I contacted her! She came in prepared and with some fun music - which made the day even more fun! All of my bridesmaids (7) + MOB + MOG and myself got our hair and makeup done and we all LOVED it. Not one complaint. We all danced the night away and still looked fabulous at the end of the night - and even the next morning! I am so over the moon happy with how awesome Alex and her team is! Thank you, thank you for making us all feel so beautiful on the best day ever!!

Kimberley · Married on 09/09/2016

I planned my wedding in Mexico from the UK, and wanted to ensure I chose a good hair and make up artist who could make me look my best. I chose backstage hair & makeup based on the work shown on their Facebook page. The hair and makeup looked fantastic each time and Alex and Angie did not disappoint me on my big day.

I had airbrush make up which witheld the Mexican heat all afternoon and night. My makeup remained perfect, not shiny or sweaty, I could not believe it. Alex did my make up just as I asked, based on a picture I had shown and I was so pleased with the results. My mother and mother in law also had their makeup done and were just as pleased with the results. My mother in law who does not generally wear much make up asked for a very natural look, and the result was perfect. Alex listened to each individual and delivered great results.

My hair was also more beautiful than I could have imagined and held really well in the heat and breeze. It was styled beautifully by Angie, who achieved the curled style I desired and ensured my veil held in place.

Alex and Angie are both very professional and lovely people, if you need proof of their talents just check out their Facebook page. I now have my wedding photos to remind me of a fabulous day and I am so pleased at how I looked. Thank you so much!

Heleya · Married on 07/30/2016

Planning a destination wedding is hard, but Alejandra and her team at Backstage were a tremendous help! They were by far the easiest vendors to work with. They were very responsive to my emails and the scheduling process was so seamless! From our initial contact up until my wedding day, they were exceptional... oh, and the most important part.. they are truly amazing makeup artists!!! All of my bridesmaids loved their makeup. I hope I can use them again! Thank you a million times!