Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals Reviews

56 | Cancun, MX

56 Reviews for Backstage Hair & Makeup Professionals

Mattie Mccandless · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing! Everything was perfect thanks to Alex and her team. They were incredible and I can’t thank them enough!

I cannot thank Alex and her team enough! They were so incredible. From the beginning they made me and my bridesmaids feel so comfortable. They were so professional (and extremely nice) and captured the look everyone wanted perfectly. Alex is an amazing artist and her attention to detail is incredible. The whole team is so talented and took care of everything so I didn’t have to worry about anything. It even rained and everyone’s makeup stayed on perfectly! Book Backstage Hair and Makeup you won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Cesaley

Cesaley Sparks · Married on 06/20/2020

This amazing team made us feel BEAUTIFUL

The Backstage team is WONDERFUL! They met us at the venue for my 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and my makeup AND hair and made it all seem so fun and easy. We looked and felt amazing all day and night. Our hair and makeup withstood the Riviera Maya July heat/humidity thanks to Alex and her team's products and work. HIGHLY recommend them for your hair and makeup!

Sent on 07/14/2020

Melissa Yaccino · Married on 12/07/2019

UNBELIEVABLE experience with Backstage!

I got married at the Dreams Riviera Cancun on December 7th. Last year, after doing some searching for an outside hair and makeup vendor, i came across Backstage. Alex, right of the jump was super friendly, very very sweet and extremely personable. We communicated over the course of the year before the wedding and she was so accommodating when there were tons of last minute changes. The day of the wedding was literally MAGICAL. We had Alex and Eugenia for make up and Johair and Selene for hair. All 4 of them were wonderful!! for the girls that got ready earlier who wanted a little touch up before the ceremony, they did it without a problem. I was not thrilled with the pictures i saw of the resort spa's hair and make up dept so thats why i opted to venture to an outside vendor and let me tell you, I am so happy i did and even happier that i chose Backstage. Their website was really professional and user friendly so that attracted me initially but i have to say it is a fabulous representation of Alex and her crew!
    FYI we had a big group getting services, 3 guests, myself as the bride, 6 bridesmaids, 2 mothers, 1 flower girl. and it went nothing but SMOOTH.

Prices very reasonable for that quality of services that you receive. It was more pricey than what the resort offered but you are talking a major difference in the quality and experience. you NEVER EVER EVER want to go cheap on hair and make up when it comes to a wedding. You will for sure regret it.

Thank you Alex, Johair, Selene and Eugenia for helping to make my day so special and perfect.

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Karly

Karly · Married on 06/29/2019

WOW - Perfect choice

Backstage was wonderful to work with. Leslie was easy to communicate with and flexible to meet requests. She helped me pick out my bridal look and made sure that it was exactly what I wanted. Her and her team came to my house on my wedding day and added a fun, evergetic spirit to our getting ready time. I cannot recommend backstage enough!

Sent on 07/10/2019

Arielle · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing experience

These girls were amazing. They listened to exactly what we wanted and exceeded our expectations. Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 04/13/2019

Transformative!

Alex and Daniel were fantastic! We truly were given beauty upgrades! The team was patient and flexible as we started late. They even helped me with my tricky shirt and thin hair, which survived the humidity. They were great!! Thanks 🙏🏽

Sent on 04/20/2019

Emily Vecchio · Married on 04/07/2019

Perfect Hair & Makeup team!

Alex & Angie were incredible! They are so talented, and I could not be happier with how my bridal hair and makeup turned out. My whole bridal party looked stunning, and everyone was so thrilled with the results. Alex was very responsive to all of the communication leading up to the wedding, and offered a ton of flexibility with me on the day of. At the last minute, I was able to schedule a bridal touch up. Both Alex and Angie stayed much longer than expected to fix my hair and makeup midway through the day as the wind was stronger than we anticipated. This team is so talented, and a major pleasure to work with. I cannot recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Katie Cachia · Married on 01/17/2019

The best of the best!

I hired Alex for my wedding on January 17th, 2019. Coming from Canada, I was nervous as I was unable to have a trial before, but I could not have been more pleased with how my makeup turned out. She was so easy to work with, always e-mailed me back immediately and was extremely professional. The makeup that she used lasted all day and was super high quality. I could not recommend her services more!

Sent on 02/05/2019

Rachel · Married on 12/30/2018

We loved everything!

We could not be happier with our services from Alex and her team. There were a lot of bumps in our wedding planning but Alex and her team were the one constant that never let us down. She was responsive and even helped me through things that weren't her issue. She is very sweet and such a skilled artist. My makeup stayed on all night and my hair withstood the wind by the ocean. My bridesmaids got exactly the looks they were going for as well. She and her team of 2 other people were able to do hair and makeup for me, 5 bridesmaids as well as both mom's in 4 hours and made everyone look perfect. Thank you Alex!

Sent on 01/04/2019

Alexandra Fawzi · Married on 12/01/2018

Amazing hair & makeup team

When I first decided to have a destination wedding in Mexico the thing I was most concerned about was who was going to do my hair & makeup. After reaching out to a few people I know who have also had weddings in Mexico, only one of the girls raved about her H&M team and that was Backstage (who also came highly recommended from my wedding planner as well.) I used Backstage for 3 events, one of them requiring 3 hair changes and was beyond happy with the outcome all 3 times. Alex just totally understood what I wanted done and everything came out perfect the first time around. My wedding party was also extremely happy with Alex and her team and I can't thank them enough for some how making my hair and makeup stay all night long even with the humidity. I can not recommend backstage enough to any brides and wish I already had my professional photos to share with everyone :)

Sent on 01/10/2019
  • kate

kate · Married on 10/28/2018

Alex and her team are amazing!!

While it is difficult to try to find vendors in Mexico when I am planning from the states, when I saw the photos and reviews I knew I had to pick Backstage for our hair and makeup. Alex and her team were AMAZING, the pricing was very fair as well. Her team of 4 including herself did all 9 of our hair and makeup for my wedding. Everyone was thrilled at the outcome of their hair and makeup which never happens for that many girls! I wanted a more natural look and I definitely got that, but you can see my makeup in photo's and they made my eyes pop with still not putting too much makeup on. I would hire them again in an instant! Great experience with an amazing team. Thank you Alex!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Ayden Mayeri · Married on 06/09/2018

Genuine Artists

I cannot believe how lucky I was to find Backstage HM for my wedding! Alejandra was so easy to communicate with and a total pro. I showed her and her colleague a Pinterest board of ideas and they created a dreamy hair and makeup look that was above and beyond what I could have imagined, glamorous yet subtle and natural. AND the look stayed in tact all night, even after I jumped into a cenote in my reception outfit! Also, they were a big hit with my girlfriends and family, my mom still brags about the lovely and talented makeup artist from her daughter's wedding!

I highly recommend Backstage, I wish I could work with them all the time!

Sent on 03/05/2019

Carly · Married on 05/20/2018

We could not be happier with our experience. Alex was responsive and well prepared. She created a stress free and relaxing environment on the day of the wedding. Her and her team did a wonderful job of making sure everyone was happy with both their hair and makeup. Both lasted all night! We highly recommend Alex and her team.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/20/2018

I can’t say enough about how great Alex and her team were! I wasn’t sure what to expect since I was traveling to Mexico from Boston for my wedding and unable to have a trial before booking Backstage H&M. Alex is an incredibly talented makeup artist and made everyone look so natural and beautiful. My hair came out exactly how I envisioned and the beach waves lasted all night despite the humidity. I have been in a lot of weddings and this was by far the best hair and makeup experience I’ve ever had! Thank you so much Alex!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/29/2018

WOW! 3 little letters to describe an absolute dream company. From the very first email, Alex was so responsive and communication was a breeze. Alex and her team were punctual, sweet and bestof all KNEW THEIR STUFF. Every girl they touched turned into a model princess. I let Alex have full reign of my makeup ( artists do know best, leave it up to them!) and I was in absolute awe of what I saw in the mirror. I was a better version of myself, so natural, effortless and timeless. I know I can look back on my wedding photos at any point in my life and will be sure to still love my makeup. Selene did my hair and it was 100x better than the pinterest image I was gushing over for months leading up to the day. I can't thank or recommend Alex and her team enough for making me feel so confident, calm and beautiful on my wedding day. My only regret is that they arent based in NY so they can doll me up on the regular lol! Thank you yet again ♡

Sent on 05/08/2018

allison · Married on 04/21/2018

Alex & her team are a class act. My entire bridal party looked gorgeous and the entire process of working with Alex was a delight. Not only is she extremely talented, but she is extremely professional and accommodating. Thank you, Alex! XO

Sent on 04/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 01/23/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Backstage H&M. We booked them for my wedding and I am so glad we did. Alex was so accommodating and flexible, even up to the last week when I had a few extra services I needed to add on. The girls were set-up and ready to go, right on time and did a fantastic job of keeping to the schedule. They are true professionals. Alex is an artist and you can tell she really enjoys what she does. Being the bride, I was nervous, anxious, stressed, but as soon as I sat down to have my makeup done by Alex, she immediately made me feel relaxed and calm. She had the perfect background music playing the whole time and was great to talk to and get to know. She did my mother's makeup and she looked beautiful! She did a great job of giving each girl exactly the look they want, fine-tuning it so you really felt like yourself. My makeup stayed on so well, even with the humidity, the sweat, tears, it really held up! For the hair.....WOW, Selene was incredible! We showed her pictures and she recreated the exact look, if not better. My mother-in-law has very naturally curly hair and was so nervous about what to have done with it. Selene gave her a beautiful up-do, and my MIL was so happy, she cried! Selene did my (now) step-daughter's hair, who's 10, and it looked amazing. For my hair, I showed her a photo and she made my hair look better than I could have imagined. I was so happy! If you're in the Tulum/Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area....I cannot recommend this wonderful team enough. There's not one bad thing I could say, Backstage H&M is the best!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Samantha · Married on 10/14/2017

Backstage Hair & Make Up went above and beyond our expectations. Planning a destination wedding can be difficult because you can't meet any one prior to your big day. I read countless reviews and I am so thankful I found Backstage.

From the first email, Alex was always very clear and flexible. She took time to answer my questions and was always very quick to respond.

The day of my hair and make up trial I had to meet with another vendor and was running very late to meet Alex & Sandy. When I showed up, they were still very professional and made the whole experience very fun. They took their time with my hair and make up and gave me several options for my wedding day. Alex did an incredible job finding the perfect shade to match my skin. I was very nervous about having airbrush make up done because I don't often wear make up. However, when Alex was finished I loved how light the airbrush felt and how natural it looked.

Sandy was a master artist working on my hair. She was able to twist and curl my hair into a beautiful relaxed updo. I am very particular about my hair and Sandy really blew me away. During the trial Sandy styled my hair a few ways and every time she styled my hair I loved it! Alex took pictures of each style so that I would be able to chose the right one without feeling rushed. It made me so thankful that I did a trial!

The day of the wedding Alex & Sandy were INCREDIBLE! We had a very diverse group of women getting hair and make up done, but they really listened to everybody and made sure everyone felt beautiful.

My mom in particular was very stressed the day of the wedding because she had some sun damage on her face. After spending a few minutes with Alex, my mom looked in the mirror and her smile was so radiant. Alex & Sandy took the time to not only make me feel beautiful, but they took the time to make my mom feel beautiful too. Such a talented, loving group of people and we are so happy we found them!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Elyse · Married on 09/16/2017

Alex and her team were simply amazing!! We had 14 people on the day of the wedding that needed hair and make up and each one of us was THRILLED with our hair and makeup; AND they were all so much fun to spend the day with!! I wish I could take Alex back to NYC with me!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Megan · Married on 09/09/2017

Backstage Hair and Makeup made my wedding day remarkable. I was very leery trusting someone I didn't know for my hair and makeup on the biggest day of my life, but they truly exceeded my expectations! They also made the process fun! I highly recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Melody · Married on 07/27/2017

I can't begin to describe how amazing Alex, from Backstage was in her responsiveness and quality of work. I was anxious to book a vendor that I didn't have first hand experience with, but I was thrilled with the outcome. My makeup was flawless (and picture perfect) and my hair was EXACTLY what I wanted. If you are perusing sites trying to find the right artist for your wedding or special event in Mexico, LOOK NO FURTHER!

Sent on 09/03/2017

Bea · Married on 06/21/2017

I am so happy that I listened to my gut feeling and chose H&M to do my (and my grandmothers) hair and makeup for the day of my wedding!
    Given this was a destination wedding I booked a trial and I'm SO happy I did. Alex and I were able to zero in on the exact look I wanted for my wedding.

From the reviews and pictures I saw, I was pexpecting their quality of work to be great and as a makeup artist myself I was HIGHLY impressed by Alex's talent and professionalism. she was also super fun to hangout with and totally added to the experience of my wedding :)

Ps my 83 year old grandmother looked stunning! She kept getting compliments non stop

Sent on 08/18/2017

Danette · Married on 06/17/2017

Alex and her team did an amazing job for my daughter's wedding at Rosewood Mayakoba!! The hair and makeup services were beyond our expectations!! All of us were extremely happy and they duplicated our inspiration pictures to a T!! The wedding ceremony was very breezy on the beach and our hair held up superbly!! Definitely a true test!! Backstage Hair and Makeup deserve an A+!! Thank you Alex!❤️

Sent on 06/27/2017

Kirstin · Married on 06/08/2017

I chose Alex and her team after stumbling across them on wedding wire. Like most brides having a destination wedding, I was hesitant to pick a hair and makeup team that I had never met before. However, after seeing the 5 star rating and numerous reviews I decided to go with Backstage H&M. I was not disappointed! Alex was amazing to work with. She was quick to reply to emails, accommodating and easy to work with. The girls came the day before the wedding to do a trial run and allow me a chance to meet them ahead of time and work through ideas for the day of. The day of the wedding was great! The girls are not only amazing at what they do but very detailed. They work hard to make sure you look and feel your absolute best. Myself as well as all my bridesmaids were in love with the way our hair and makeup turned out. Everyone's hair and makeup lasted all night in the June humidity. I highly recommend Backstage H&M! Thank you for doing an amazing job and helping make my wedding day memorable.

Sent on 06/16/2017