Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste) Reviews

29 | Torrance, CA

29 Reviews for Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste)

T · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome service!

Sherwin was amazing to work with! He was very detailed oriented and patient with us throughout the wedding planning process. We had our wedding last week in Costa Mesa and he exceeded our expectations with the pin lights, uplighting, dancing on cloud, entertainment, etc. I definitely recommend Sherwin for any event. He is friendly, professional, and will set the right mood and energy for your event.

Donna · Married on 07/14/2018

Sherwin was amazing ! He was not only thorough and professional, but he played everything we asked for - and more. We had a very diverse listing of music - and he had it all ! He ensured everything flowed - and our guests had the best time ever! It was a celebration that everyone will remember and he contributed to that memory! We could not have made a better choice !

N. · Married on 04/29/2018

This review is long overdue! DJ Sherwin did an amazing job at our wedding on April 29! Not only did he take into consideration our likes and dislikes when it comes to our music selection, but he also made sure that all my guests were up and having a great time during the reception! He made sure to take in all my little requests for the ceremony songs, and made it transition so well that it wasn’t awkward switching from song to song! Also, our reception looked so amazing because of all the modern lighting equipment he brought in. It definitely was exactly what I envisioned, but so much better! Thanks DJ Sherwin!

Conway · Married on 04/06/2018

DJ Sherwin did an amazing job entertaining our guests during cocktail hour and the reception. He performed double duty as our MC and kept the energy up throughout the entire night. He catered to our every request and with very little guidance, understood our taste in music to perfection.

At the least, I would recommend other couples to consider DJ Sherwin to be a part of their wedding. He would certainly be our choice again!

Thank you Sherwin for being a part of our special day.

Lucy · Married on 11/05/2017

Sherwin is amazing!! I'm so glad I have hired him. Not only is he a great Dj but he also provide great recommendations for songs, activities to for the guests, and what I really appreciate is that he had emailed all my vendors the final draft of my timeline and he kind of coordinates things. That has really help me in my finals days leading to the day of the wedding. I was so relieved he did because it was one less things I needed to worry about when I had out of guests, finalizing everything, etc. I love how when I wasn't sure of what songs to choose he would tell me what would be better and why. Lastly, I didn't know what to do in regards to my centerpiece giveaway, he recommended this game which I didn't really like but I went with it anyways because it was easy but it turns out my guest really love it and raves about it. Hire him!!! He would not disappoint!! I also truly appreciates that he always make that that's what I really wanted because he ensures me that it was my wedding and always make that what I truly wanted. I truly just loved him more because sometimes during the wedding planning process you tend to lose yourself. Anyways, He truly, truly does entertain the guests. All the songs that he played really got my guests on the dance floor even my parents guests which don't really understand american songs but they were out on the dance floor. I actually took a step back and notices that wow my wedding totally rocks. Look no further!! Sherwin is the guy for you. Thanks for rocking and making my wedding the one that everything raves about!! He worth than just a 5 star. I would give him 20 stars. I will always recommend him to everyone I know.

Silvia · Married on 11/02/2017

Sherwin is superb at his job and that's because he genuinely LOVES what he does. He truly goes out of his way to make your day special. He will take his time, he will be professional and will get the job done above your expectations. So very pleased. Will definitely request his services again.

Maria · Married on 10/14/2017

Dj Sherwin was awesome he did the one thing we asked him which was keep our guests dancing and he did yay! He knows his variety of songs for a hispanic wedding. He was very professional and attentive to our music needs. Loved that he came to our rehearsal for our ceremony and we were able to rehearsal our songs. Dj Sherwin thank you very much for a great wedding ceremony and reception.

Michael And Flor · Married on 08/25/2017

Wow we have no words to describe Sherwin and his dedication to us the day of our wedding. He is professional and from day one he helped us with an event timeline and collected details about the event flow and music selection. Provided ideas and provided additional services that we could not afford. He is easy going and flexible and takes very serious every detail. He is excellent. Thanks Sherwin.

Adam · Married on 04/15/2017

DJ Sherwin was amazing! He was extremely professional. He met with us to go through all the details before our event and made sure we were comfortable with everything. We had several changes, but he was very flexible accommodating our requests. On the day of, he arrived hours early to setup and to make sure everything was working properly. He made everything flow seamlessly and had our guest dancing all night! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.

Paula · Married on 03/17/2017

Amazing understanding to get the wedding party rocking! The dance floor was packed all night! Great song choice and an incredible job pronouncing Thai and French names. Your preparation left no detail unattended. We are so grateful for your care for our special day and for your desire to see us have every confidence in you. We cannot thank you enough for taking our wedding day and making it even more magical. Thank you, Sherwin!

Katherine · Married on 10/22/2016

I cannot express how great it was to work with Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste). Sherwin is engaging, fun& everything you need in an emcee/DJ for your wedding! He was communicative, very responsive & most of all VERY accommodating beginning to end. It was hard for all of us to get together at a decent time to meet in person because of work schedules & the distance between us (Torrance to Orange County), but Sherwin was willing to come to us and meet in OC, even at a later time accommodate. This was helpful & it definitely showed us how serious he was compared to other DJ's & made it easier narrowing down our search. Sherwin’s awesome sample music and videos + his high energy wasn’t the only reason why we chose him, seeing how he listened to our concerns and wants (uplights, monogram, music, etc) & worked this into our wedding budget was a huge plus. He wasn’t one of those wedding DJ’s where they make you pay 40%-50% up front or pay in full, he truly wants to work with you & will accommodate to your wants & needs. Sherwin also made sure to make it our wedding rehearsal to play “my ceremony walk song” so that I was ok with the version he had, but he also wanted to confirm the music we chose & last minute changes we had made. He worked well with our wedding coordinator & helped orchestrate a lot of the events through the night. What amazed me more was Sherwin saw and felt the energy of our wedding guests & kept the party going. He wasn’t a party pooper & cut off the time that was scheduled on our contract, but instead he felt the energy in the crowd & played an additional 45 minutes. Now, that’s an emcee/DJ you want for you wedding! Someone who’s not going to go by the books/contract time but really be in the moment as if they were a guest & have fun!
    Sherwin – We can’t THANK YOU enough for everything!!! Kat & Darnell

Lindsay · Married on 09/03/2016

Sherwin is was phenomenal! Professional from beginning to the end. Knew exactly what do without us even needing to suggest it to help our reception flow smoothly. I would highly suggest him for any event you have.

Gabriella · Married on 06/25/2016

Sherwin was professional, fun, and got the job done! He acted as MC/DJ/and coordinator of ceremony and reception. WIthout his help, our wedding would not have run as smooth as it did. Sherwin knows exactly what he is doing and he's amazing at what he does!

Ernesto · Married on 04/10/2016

VERY PROFESSIONAL!!
    Our wedding coordinator had flaked on us (didn't show up), and one of the bridesmaids coordinated while being in the wedding; very stressful situation! DJ S. Ruste took it upon himself to act as another coordinating figure without being asked.
    DJ S. Ruste helped a lot with keeping the ceremony and reception structured and organized, as well as directing the MC.

WITH THE MUSIC:
    Not only did DJ S. Ruste do great on song selection, but the flow, mixing, and timing of each song was perfect: The songs when wedding party walk out during the ceremony, and different portions of the reception, and dance floor time. Everybody was dancing! We all loved the music and didn't want to leave.

All I had to do was write down a few songs and genres that my wife and I wanted, and a lot of my favorite, unmentioned songs were played. I'm still impressed when he had mixed two of my favorite songs together that I didn't tell him about.

miko · Married on 10/10/2015

I hired Sherwin to DJ & MC my wedding and he was great!!! My friends and family LOVED the music he played. We all literally danced the night away. We requested late 90's hip hop, but I am sure he can play anything you want to hear. Not only was he an awesome DJ and a nice guy, but he was very professional. He returned my calls/emails in a timely fashion. I would hire him again in a heart beat! His rates are also very competitive. Reach out to him, I promise you won't be disappointed! :)

Lolita · Married on 05/10/2015

We had our wedding on a boat with 120+ guests in Newport Beach, CA. We had asked Sherwin to DJ/MC our wedding because he'd DJ'd my mom's 50th birthday and really enjoyed his music. So when we had asked him to DJ our wedding, we were glad he was available. He was very professional, flexible and accommodating, which is super important when you're already stressed out with every other thing that comes with wedding preparations. But we had a blast and danced and danced! So did a lot of our family and friends! Thank you, Sherwin for everything! You're awesome!!

James · Married on 10/18/2014

Sherwin is very professional and with his experience was able to make suggestions with our music selections that enhanced our wedding entrance and exit. Also, his DJ music stylings during our reception was terrific! Be very specific about what music you want played and Sherwin will play it! Highly recommended for any and all occasions!

Daniel · Married on 05/18/2014

Was very flexible with our music preferences, worked well with the venue, very helpful waling us through the wedding schedule and planning. Made our wedding even more memorable. We received many compliments later on the "Oldies" dance playlist he prepared. Highly recommended.

Steve · event on: 12/14/2013

Sherwin is very professional and generates a fun atmosphere.

Nes · Married on 07/21/2012

I endorse Sherwin to DJ your events. After experiencing him dj'ing at a wedding, his music selection catered to every age group and genre of music at the event. I enjoyed the special mixes of his old school music set that kept the dance floor packed! The lights added to the magic & the sound quality is comparable to watching your favorite movie in HD!

"Nasty-Nes" Rodriguez
    www.RapAttackLives.com
    www.TurningPointLA.com

Great DJ for any occasion. Great music selection. Flexible and affordable.

Great personality, great music. Even if he didn't have the music the he made sure he found a way to get the music you wanted. Extremely satisfied. Thank You Sherwin for making it a night to Rememver.

Brian · Married on 01/05/2005

Sherwin was extremely on top of all the details for the event. We talked through the whole schedule ahead of time and he pulled it off just as we had requested. He had all the equipment needed to make the whole process run as smooth as it possibly could have. We have and will continue to recommend him to friends and family for all types of events.

Davida · event on: 06/24/2017

I had a Birthday Boat Bash this summer and it was awesome. I received an immediate response from his website to get the quote. He was able to provide smaller smaller version of the lighting that enhanced the experience as well. The boat had two levels and the music could be heard on the lower deck just enough to allow my guest to dance if they wanted, but not too much where you could not hold a conversation. The music he played even lured the boat staff to dance while serving. Overall everyone had a great time!

• User4086525 · event on: 04/19/2014

Sherwin definitely knows what he's doing! I would have him DJ my party again in a heartbeat.

He even rest assured me he would be able to meet all my requests but, he went far beyond my expectations. He even contacted the venue and went up there beforehand to make sure all of the equipment matched his.

The night of my event my friends and family never dance so hard they were literally dripping in sweat.

Sherwin you are a master! Thanks for making my birthday party one of the best times in my life:-)