Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste) Reviews

Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste)

Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste)

Torrance, CA
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 38 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Rachel K. Married on 09/04/2021

Excellent Service, Prepared

DJ Sherwin will work with you to help you plan an amazing event. He provided a wonderful online planning tool to use to help plan the music throughout the wedding. It was a great help & I was able to search & preview songs & enter the ones to use for the wedding, including a do not play list section. When going over timeline, he drew on his years of experience and helped with suggestions and adjustments. My now husband had parts & pieces of a special song he wanted to use for the groomsmen's entrance & DJ Sherwin worked with him to get the exact parts and timing and sliced it together. He even provided us the tracks to help practice at rehersal. DJ Sherwin also came prepared - Of course things happen the day of the wedding, but we almost didn't have electricity to the entire venue (venue issue), but thankfully DJ Sherwin was brought his own backup generator and was prepared so either way, the ceremony, music, dancing, and live stream was a go. Thankfully power got restored in time, but it was a relief that he was prepared. The vocals for the live stream recording was excellent as well as he was able to plug the mics into the streaming service. Everything turned out great. I appreciate he listened to what we wanted & delivered!! I highly recommend himvto DJ you're next event!
  • Selena
    Selena P. Married on 06/09/2021

Best Dj experience at our wedding

DJ Sherwin is a very rare and special Dj. He is very well diverse in his music and knows exactly what to play for the special event. He knows how to keep the party going. Never was there a dull moment on the dance floor. He has such a fun and youthful soul, which shows through his Dj-ing. We are a very satisfied customer, and would absolutely hire him again.
    Lauren S. Married on 10/10/2020

What a night!

We had a small backyard wedding, was supposed to be a lot bigger but ya know... Covid happened. Sherwin was flexible, his website was super easy to use to add songs, he responded in a timely manner every time. He even helped me with a timeframe for the night. He showed up early to set up, and oh my goodness the uplighting made everything pop! I still can't believe that was in MY backyard!!! It was magical, you could feel the music in your heart and it made the night. I would highly recommend Sherwin!! He was very nice and easy to talk to.
  • Moana
    Moana Married on 04/17/2020

So much fun!

This is the 2nd wedding that we hired Sherwin for and he always delivers. Sherwin keeps the dance floor lit and the audience hyped. I provided the music and genres and wanted & it everyone loved the atmosphere. I didn’t want the night to end. Not to mention the lighting. It made our venue that much more beautiful.
  • Jay
    Jay Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing and very professional!

Sherwin made the night perfect went it came to the music and entertainment. He made it very easy to design our music choices and was very easy to work with during our preparation process for our wedding!
  • Erica
    Erica Married on 04/27/2019

DJ Sherwin was more than I could have ever imagined!

My experience with DJ Sherwin was great! He is very professional, organized and made me feel at ease with my wedding we planned in a little over a month! It was easy for me to get in touch and hear back from him. I have no prior experience in organizing/planning a wedding and DJ Sherwin made this process effortless for me. All I had to do was fill in the blanks and he did the rest! All my songs sounded lovely, the guests enjoyed themselves, my husband and I enjoyed ourselves, DJ Sherwin looked like he was having a good time as well, the other vendors and venue staff look like they did as well, and for me this is icing on the cake. It was more than I could have ever asked for. He is very flexible, very attentive and makes sure your wedding/event runs smoothly. Your wedding/event in DJ Sherwin's hands will exceed your expectations.
  • Dennis
    Dennis G. Married on 04/07/2019

Best DJ ever

DJ Sherwin was awesome from day one when we set up our meeting to get to know each other. My fiance then, and I liked him instantly. He made us feel comfortable and confident that he would make our day special! If you are looking for a DJ who can play any kind of music don't look any further. He is the right guy for you. He did a Kenyan wedding and kept the crowd dancing all night! He did a great job and everyone was raving about the wedding and the music. Thanks Sherwin for an outstanding job!
    Ruth W. Married on 04/07/2019

Best DJ ever!

DJ Sherwin was awsome from day one when we set up our meeting to get to know each other my fiance then and I liked him instantly he made us feel comfortable and confident he would make our day special! If you are looking for a DJ who can play any kind of music don't look any further he is the right guy for it. He did a Kenyan wedding and kept the crowd dancing all night! He did a great job everyone was raving about the wedding and the music. Thanks Sherwin for an outstanding job!

Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste)'s reply:

Thank you so much for the review Ruth! The pleasure was all mine. It was such an honor and a blast to have shared that special day with your family and friends.
    Mia J. Married on 11/18/2018

A dream come true!!!

Sherwin really made our wedding unforgettable! He spent time getting to know my husband and my taste in music/preferences. The planning session with him was a lot of fun and we really felt that he cared about our event. He made sure to be in contact with our wedding coordinator and photographer. We had a pretty unique area for the DJ booth (speakers had to be placed inside the covered area, but could face outwards towards the ceremony area), and Sherwin was so adaptable! All I can say is WOW! We got so many compliments from our guests regarding the music and the up-lighting! Look no further! We highly recommend you to book Sherwin for your next event!
    T Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome service!

Sherwin was amazing to work with! He was very detailed oriented and patient with us throughout the wedding planning process. We had our wedding last week in Costa Mesa and he exceeded our expectations with the pin lights, uplighting, dancing on cloud, entertainment, etc. I definitely recommend Sherwin for any event. He is friendly, professional, and will set the right mood and energy for your event.
    Donna Married on 07/14/2018
    Sherwin was amazing ! He was not only thorough and professional, but he played everything we asked for - and more. We had a very diverse listing of music - and he had it all ! He ensured everything flowed - and our guests had the best time ever! It was a celebration that everyone will remember and he contributed to that memory! We could not have made a better choice !
    N. Married on 04/29/2018
    This review is long overdue! DJ Sherwin did an amazing job at our wedding on April 29! Not only did he take into consideration our likes and dislikes when it comes to our music selection, but he also made sure that all my guests were up and having a great time during the reception! He made sure to take in all my little requests for the ceremony songs, and made it transition so well that it wasn’t awkward switching from song to song! Also, our reception looked so amazing because of all the modern lighting equipment he brought in. It definitely was exactly what I envisioned, but so much better! Thanks DJ Sherwin!
    Conway Married on 04/06/2018
    DJ Sherwin did an amazing job entertaining our guests during cocktail hour and the reception. He performed double duty as our MC and kept the energy up throughout the entire night. He catered to our every request and with very little guidance, understood our taste in music to perfection.

At the least, I would recommend other couples to consider DJ Sherwin to be a part of their wedding. He would certainly be our choice again!

Thank you Sherwin for being a part of our special day.
    Lucy Married on 11/05/2017
    Sherwin is amazing!! I'm so glad I have hired him. Not only is he a great Dj but he also provide great recommendations for songs, activities to for the guests, and what I really appreciate is that he had emailed all my vendors the final draft of my timeline and he kind of coordinates things. That has really help me in my finals days leading to the day of the wedding. I was so relieved he did because it was one less things I needed to worry about when I had out of guests, finalizing everything, etc. I love how when I wasn't sure of what songs to choose he would tell me what would be better and why. Lastly, I didn't know what to do in regards to my centerpiece giveaway, he recommended this game which I didn't really like but I went with it anyways because it was easy but it turns out my guest really love it and raves about it. Hire him!!! He would not disappoint!! I also truly appreciates that he always make that that's what I really wanted because he ensures me that it was my wedding and always make that what I truly wanted. I truly just loved him more because sometimes during the wedding planning process you tend to lose yourself. Anyways, He truly, truly does entertain the guests. All the songs that he played really got my guests on the dance floor even my parents guests which don't really understand american songs but they were out on the dance floor. I actually took a step back and notices that wow my wedding totally rocks. Look no further!! Sherwin is the guy for you. Thanks for rocking and making my wedding the one that everything raves about!! He worth than just a 5 star. I would give him 20 stars. I will always recommend him to everyone I know.
    Silvia Married on 11/02/2017
    Sherwin is superb at his job and that's because he genuinely LOVES what he does. He truly goes out of his way to make your day special. He will take his time, he will be professional and will get the job done above your expectations. So very pleased. Will definitely request his services again.
    Maria Married on 10/14/2017
    Dj Sherwin was awesome he did the one thing we asked him which was keep our guests dancing and he did yay! He knows his variety of songs for a hispanic wedding. He was very professional and attentive to our music needs. Loved that he came to our rehearsal for our ceremony and we were able to rehearsal our songs. Dj Sherwin thank you very much for a great wedding ceremony and reception.
    Michael A. Married on 08/25/2017
    Wow we have no words to describe Sherwin and his dedication to us the day of our wedding. He is professional and from day one he helped us with an event timeline and collected details about the event flow and music selection. Provided ideas and provided additional services that we could not afford. He is easy going and flexible and takes very serious every detail. He is excellent. Thanks Sherwin.
    Davida Event on: 06/24/2017
    I had a Birthday Boat Bash this summer and it was awesome. I received an immediate response from his website to get the quote. He was able to provide smaller smaller version of the lighting that enhanced the experience as well. The boat had two levels and the music could be heard on the lower deck just enough to allow my guest to dance if they wanted, but not too much where you could not hold a conversation. The music he played even lured the boat staff to dance while serving. Overall everyone had a great time!
    Adam Married on 04/15/2017
    DJ Sherwin was amazing! He was extremely professional. He met with us to go through all the details before our event and made sure we were comfortable with everything. We had several changes, but he was very flexible accommodating our requests. On the day of, he arrived hours early to setup and to make sure everything was working properly. He made everything flow seamlessly and had our guest dancing all night! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ.
    Paula Married on 03/17/2017
    Amazing understanding to get the wedding party rocking! The dance floor was packed all night! Great song choice and an incredible job pronouncing Thai and French names. Your preparation left no detail unattended. We are so grateful for your care for our special day and for your desire to see us have every confidence in you. We cannot thank you enough for taking our wedding day and making it even more magical. Thank you, Sherwin!
    Katherine Married on 10/22/2016
    I cannot express how great it was to work with Backspin Entertainment (DJ Sherwin Ruste). Sherwin is engaging, fun& everything you need in an emcee/DJ for your wedding! He was communicative, very responsive & most of all VERY accommodating beginning to end. It was hard for all of us to get together at a decent time to meet in person because of work schedules & the distance between us (Torrance to Orange County), but Sherwin was willing to come to us and meet in OC, even at a later time accommodate. This was helpful & it definitely showed us how serious he was compared to other DJ's & made it easier narrowing down our search. Sherwin’s awesome sample music and videos + his high energy wasn’t the only reason why we chose him, seeing how he listened to our concerns and wants (uplights, monogram, music, etc) & worked this into our wedding budget was a huge plus. He wasn’t one of those wedding DJ’s where they make you pay 40%-50% up front or pay in full, he truly wants to work with you & will accommodate to your wants & needs. Sherwin also made sure to make it our wedding rehearsal to play “my ceremony walk song” so that I was ok with the version he had, but he also wanted to confirm the music we chose & last minute changes we had made. He worked well with our wedding coordinator & helped orchestrate a lot of the events through the night. What amazed me more was Sherwin saw and felt the energy of our wedding guests & kept the party going. He wasn’t a party pooper & cut off the time that was scheduled on our contract, but instead he felt the energy in the crowd & played an additional 45 minutes. Now, that’s an emcee/DJ you want for you wedding! Someone who’s not going to go by the books/contract time but really be in the moment as if they were a guest & have fun!
    Sherwin – We can’t THANK YOU enough for everything!!! Kat & Darnell
    Lindsay Married on 09/03/2016
    Sherwin is was phenomenal! Professional from beginning to the end. Knew exactly what do without us even needing to suggest it to help our reception flow smoothly. I would highly suggest him for any event you have.
    Gabriella Married on 06/25/2016
    Sherwin was professional, fun, and got the job done! He acted as MC/DJ/and coordinator of ceremony and reception. WIthout his help, our wedding would not have run as smooth as it did. Sherwin knows exactly what he is doing and he's amazing at what he does!
    Ernesto Married on 04/10/2016
    VERY PROFESSIONAL!!
    Our wedding coordinator had flaked on us (didn't show up), and one of the bridesmaids coordinated while being in the wedding; very stressful situation! DJ S. Ruste took it upon himself to act as another coordinating figure without being asked.
    DJ S. Ruste helped a lot with keeping the ceremony and reception structured and organized, as well as directing the MC.

WITH THE MUSIC:
    Not only did DJ S. Ruste do great on song selection, but the flow, mixing, and timing of each song was perfect: The songs when wedding party walk out during the ceremony, and different portions of the reception, and dance floor time. Everybody was dancing! We all loved the music and didn't want to leave.

All I had to do was write down a few songs and genres that my wife and I wanted, and a lot of my favorite, unmentioned songs were played. I'm still impressed when he had mixed two of my favorite songs together that I didn't tell him about.
    Miko Married on 10/10/2015
    I hired Sherwin to DJ & MC my wedding and he was great!!! My friends and family LOVED the music he played. We all literally danced the night away. We requested late 90's hip hop, but I am sure he can play anything you want to hear. Not only was he an awesome DJ and a nice guy, but he was very professional. He returned my calls/emails in a timely fashion. I would hire him again in a heart beat! His rates are also very competitive. Reach out to him, I promise you won't be disappointed! :)