62 Reviews for Babycakes

Gluten Free (3)
Cake Pops (1)
Groom's Cake (1)
62 Babycakes Reviews

What a great experience working with Babycakes for our wedding. From the cake tasting to the final setup they were professional and great to work with. The cake and cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! I definitely would recommend them for any special event!

Profile Picture David, 11/18/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We were completely satisfied with our experience w/ baby cakes AND the design of our cake !! The cake was delicious and all our guests loved it :) Baby cakes is the place to go for your wedding cake. I promise you you won't regret it !

Profile Picture Jessica, 7/9/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake Stands, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Gluten Free

Me and my husband not only got our cake here but had our wedding on there back patio we are both military and wanted an actual wedding since we had family coming babycakes was amazing we were able to have the ceremony and reception both on the patio we had everything we needed food drinks and of course cake everyone was amazing and accommodating keeping things stocked the food was some of our families favorite the cake kept you wanting more if your looking for a spot to have a small wedding on a small budget i highly recommend babycakes.

Profile Picture Kaylee, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

When I first found out that the wedding cake included with the Loews and provided through an outside vendor, I was a bit skeptical since I didn’t think it would taste good. When we went out for our cake tasting with Tania, we were surprised by how hard it was for us to choose our favorites. Babycakes San Diego makes such good cakes. All of them are very moist (usually a drawback of wedding cake) and so delicious. Our guests went back for seconds! Also the design was beautifully done, we just picked a design from one of Tania’s hundred’s, told her our color theme and general feel of the wedding and she was able to hit it spot on. I would highly recommend Babycakes for anyone looking for a wedding cake, delicious cupcakes or anything else cake related. We plan to go back and get some for our 1 year anniversary. Also, one of our guests was gluten-free and Tania provided a special chocolate gluten free cupcake JUST for her- it was amazing how accommodating and easy she was to work with.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes, Cupcakes, Cake Stands

Our wedding cake from Babycakes was delicious! It looked beautiful and each tier was very unique and yummy! We were very pleased with the cake and Tania helped us in selecting flavours and design/layout at our tasting. she was very professional and helpful. Overall a great experience!

Profile Picture Tina, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cakes

Babycakes was amazing. The cupcakes were fresh and perfect! When I emailed Tonia was always prompt at getting back with us. She listened to our ideas and made suggestions but was never pushy. We ordered over 100 cupcakes and by the end of the night we only had two left! Everyone raved about them. We also had a cutting cake and it worked out perfect! Thank you again babycakes.

Michael

Profile Picture Michael, 11/19/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I found this bakery online and set up a tasting due to I wanted cupcakes for my wedding ...
the tasting was great and Tania was very friendly .
the ordering process was very easy and went seamlessly.

when the day came they delivered the cupcakes on time and set them up for us also .
The cupcakes were very tasty and beautiful ( I was getting jealous , just kidding )
I would use them again for an event for sure !!

Profile Picture flo, 10/29/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cake Stands

From our first meeting I knew they would be making my wedding cake! It was delicious, moist and beyond words beautiful! And they were so easy to work with! I love Babycakes! I still have cake in my fridge and you can bet I'm not sharing! hahah

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Cake Pops, Cakes, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Cake Stands

I was in need of a small gluten free cake for my wedding reception and Babycakes delivered! Their staff put together a beautiful cake that was just perfect for my small reception, and considering that it was gluten free, it tasted so good even my husband loved it!

Profile Picture Valerie, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Babycakes cupcakes are THE most delicious, fluffy and airy cupcakes you will ever eat. We had vanilla, chocolate and marble cupcakes at our wedding on 6/25/16. They were delivered and set-up at my wedding venue on time. The cupcakes were a hit! Everyone was in love with the marble cupcake and whipped frosting. I highly recommend Babycakes for your wedding!

Profile Picture Sigournee, 6/25/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cupcakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Babycakes was delicious! My husband and I did a tasting with them because they are contracted through our venue, and they were extremely accommodating and the cake was amazing! We had a tough time choosing which flavors we were going to choose for our wedding cake. We ended up selecting the blood orange, chocolate decadence, and lemon bavarian. On our big day when I walked into the reception and saw our cake, my jaw dropped. It was perfect and exactly what I had pictured it to be. Not to mention how good it was! We did the lemon bavarian for our top tier and we did not regret that decision!!! It was so fresh and moist, with excellent flavor! We can't wait for our one year anniversary to come back and get some more cake!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 4/24/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

fabulous wedding cake and cupcakes.
Tanya is wonderful.
made everything stress free and delicious....

Profile Picture danny, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Incredibly happy with this service! Because my husband and I were both on a budget and don't really like desserts all that much, a wedding cake was particularly low on the priority list for us, as we planned out all our vendors. As we discussed the idea more and more, we decided we really liked the idea of cupcakes, as they were less expensive, easy for guests to grab and eat, and if there was any excess- we could easily take it home. I found Babycakes on Wedding Wire, and also had a coworker who had recently married her partner, confirm that this was the place to go. After meeting with Tania (the owner of Babycakes), we knew we had made the right decision. This place not only has cupcakes, they have mini-cupcakes (even better) in a TON of flavors!! We were really excited about the idea of providing our guests with fun, mini-cupcakes in a lot of different flavors! We ended up ordering mini-cupcakes in 5 different flavors for our guests to try out, as well as two larger cupcakes to hold our "high-fiving bride and groom figurines." While I didn't get to try one of the mini-cupcakes, myself (I sadly, only saw them from afar), I heard a bunch of compliments on them from many different people at our reception. We did get to eat our two large cupcakes the next day (thanks to our awesome coordinator for snagging them and boxing them up for us!), and they were delicious. This is also coming from a person who doesn't really do cake, or any dessert for that matter. So just in case my stars aren't reflective enough of how happy we were with this place, let my words do it instead-- this place is incredible, and their service is AMAZING.

Profile Picture Carly, 9/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Babycakes provided my gorgeous and delicious wedding cakes!

I like to bake myself, so choosing my baker was an important decision to me. I booked my venue 1st, and went searching for cakes 2nd! My groom and I went to a total of 5 cake tastings and inquired with countless others. Babycakes' prices were reasonable, and we received a discount as they are preferred vendors at Crowne Plaza San Diego.

We had a good consultation appointment with Tania, and she was so helpful and responsive with emails. Very friendly service was received. During the tasting there were only 5 flavors to taste, but that didn't matter as the top three were on that plate! We decided on the blood orange blueberry (my favorite!), tres leches (crowd favorite) and chocolate decadence. No way could I settle for a plain white cake. I really wanted something fruity.

It took me a long time to decide what kind of design I wanted, as I usually work with fondant when I bake. But I knew simplicity and delicious buttercream would be best for our wedding. Through email Tania and I designed the secret groom's cake, which had a golf theme. She maintained the secret throughout the consultation and discussed the fake estimate with my groom and I, then emailed me the real quote. I really appreciated that!

The cakes stayed in beautiful shape throughout the evening, and the cake was moist and so yummy! I highly recommend this company and will return on my anniversary for that blood orange cake!!

Profile Picture Marcia, 9/6/15, 14 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I enjoyed working with Tania for our wedding cake. We ended up getting a 2 tier cake with buttercream frosting, and a sheet cake to cut costs. We tasted quite a few flavors, and settled on the tiramisu and red velvet. I despise tiramisu but theirs is so light and doesn't have that overbearing coffee flavor. The red velvet was great. We received so many compliments on the look of the cake and the flavor. We are regulars at Babycakes and didn't think twice to use them for our wedding cake. We will definitely return to work with them again.

Profile Picture DOMINIQUE, 7/25/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

LOOOOVED the service we received from Tania and her team! We were recommended by Ren @ a beautiful wedding and we are so glad we went with them! We had the best experience from start to finish and everyone loved the cake and cupcakes! They decorated it exactly how we wanted to and we could not be happier. It was so yummy! They brought it up to our hotel suite and set it up just in time for us to dig in and eat it. VERY satisfied with everything- highly, HIGHLY recommend!

Profile Picture angela, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

My experience with Babycakes was a good one. We had ordered one small wedding cake and a variety of mini cupcakes at a decent price. Most importantly, the cake and cupcakes were very tasty! Tanya was the person I worked with throughout the wedding-planning process and she was very efficient and professional. However, on this review I rated Babycakes 4 1/2 stars for professionalism because when I returned the cupcake tower the day after my wedding, the person who received it was not very kind to me. Admittedly, we had made a mistake with disassembling the tower when we were not supposed to, but it was an honest mistake and he did not seem very understanding about it. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he was having an off-day, but it did tarnish my lasting impression of Babycakes.

Profile Picture Cher, 3/29/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We chose Baby Cakes to cater our wedding reception based on the online reviews we read and we could not have been more pleased! We ordered a blood orange cupcake display for our guests and a tres leches cutting cake. Both cakes were incredible! Baby Cakes delivered all of the cupcakes and set up the display at our reception. The display was absolutely beautiful and our guests kept raving about how delicious the cupcakes were! Thank you so much for helping us on our special day!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/18/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was delicious!! Tania Doggett was amazing. She was so wonderful with my husband and my parents at our tasting - a complete delight that made the whole experience wonderful and fun. Our cake looked amazing, and all our guests were talking about how good it was! I will be back to this place for cakes, cupcakes and anything else they have to offer! Service was great and cake was excellent!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/20/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My fiancé and I met with Tania at Babycakes a few months before our wedding for a cake tasting. We actually went on a Saturday morning and she brought out two huge cups of coffee to go with our "breakfast". Everything tasted amazing so it wasn't easy to choose, but Tania helped us pick two flavors for the two different tiers. When we described the style we were looking for, she pulled up a few photos on her iPad that were exactly what we had in mind. And few days before the wedding, we dropped off little airplants and succulents for our cake, which Babycakes added on beautifully. We loved everything about our experience with Babycakes and would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Stacy, 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Now that the planning, the nerves, and the celebrating is over...I can now find time to appreciate the wedding and the memories. We chose a holiday weekend so our out of town guests could enjoy San Diego and we could gather for Brunch on Monday at Babycakes. Our wedding cake was an absolute masterpiece!! We chose Blood Orange and the Chocolate Decadence to please our big diverse family. We were overwhelmed with rave reviews from our guests about how much they loved the cake! Tonya, our contact was there for us every moment during the process and even shared in a mimosa with her to celebrate our engagement. We will continue ti use Babycakes for all of our birthday cakes and will most likely sneak in for a delicious cupcake from time ti time. Off to our honeymoon next week.... life is good!

Profile Picture Veronica , 8/31/14, 1 Review
1.0

I had Babycakes make my wedding cake for my wedding last weekend. I was so disappointed with the cake and their customer service. We went to the tasting with Tania, who was very nice. We decided on two cake flavors that we really liked and after the tasting we were so excited to have our cake made by Babycakes. The communication with Tania was great before the wedding, and each time I specified the cake that I wanted, and was reassured that those were the ones written down. It wasn’t until the day of my wedding, when we cut the cake, we noticed it tasted very different than the one that we ordered. We had ordered the Chocolate Decadence cake, which from the tasting was a chocolate cake with raspberry jam and a chocolate mousse filling. The cake we received was a very plain chocolate cake with a chocolate mousse filling. The cake was very similar to that of a Costco cake. The following day I contacted Babycakes to let them know the situation and Tania referred me to the owner Christopher.

This was perhaps the part that left me the most disappointed. Christopher was unapologetic and simply said that the way that we received the cake the day of our wedding was the way that it comes. He stated that the cake at the tasting probably had too much raspberry, and that instead the raspberry was just a very thin layer to give the cake moisture. None of this was explained at any point leading up to the wedding, and was very different than the cake we tasted. My mother and husband, who were also present at the tasting agreed that the cake we received at our wedding was not the same as the one at the tasting.

I would urge you to think twice about going with Babycakes for your wedding. Your wedding being such a special day, your cake should be exactly what you expect it to be. However sadly, my experience with Babycakes was not a positive one.

Profile Picture User4359115, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

The cake and cupcakes were very yummy!! I loved it!!!

Profile Picture cecilia, 8/9/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am a regular at Babycakes cafe, so I always knew I liked their cupcakes. There services for my wedding went perfect. When we went for our cake tasting, Tania was very welcoming, nice, helpful and she created a very relaxing appointment. We went with a cupcake tower with a small single round cake topper. On my wedding day, everything arrived on time and tasted and looked AMAZING!! I loved everything about it and it was exactly the way I wished and hoped for! If I have another big or small event, Babycakes would definitely be my preferred choice.

Profile Picture Rosemary, 8/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

INCREDIBLE cupcakes from Babycakes. Our guests were all raving about them!!! Beautiful presentation on a multi tier cupcake stand. And so much cheaper than a cake would have been. I think the cupcakes tasted better too and provided so much variety for our guests (we got 6 different flavors). The cupcakes were beautifully decorated and super moist. I plan to get babycakes for all of my special occasions from now on.

Profile Picture Nadya, 6/27/14, 2 Reviews