Babycakes Reviews

1 User photo

Babycakes 1

Katy · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Divine

BabyCakes let us taste 9 different cakes. They were all totally delicious! We chose blood orange for main layers and tiramisu for top layer. Everyone devoured ALL THE CAKE!! Can’t wait to order from BabyCakes for our next occasion - or order one just because!!!

David · Married on 11/18/2017

What a great experience working with Babycakes for our wedding. From the cake tasting to the final setup they were professional and great to work with. The cake and cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! I definitely would recommend them for any special event!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2017

We were completely satisfied with our experience w/ baby cakes AND the design of our cake !! The cake was delicious and all our guests loved it :) Baby cakes is the place to go for your wedding cake. I promise you you won't regret it !

Kaylee · Married on 04/22/2017

Me and my husband not only got our cake here but had our wedding on there back patio we are both military and wanted an actual wedding since we had family coming babycakes was amazing we were able to have the ceremony and reception both on the patio we had everything we needed food drinks and of course cake everyone was amazing and accommodating keeping things stocked the food was some of our families favorite the cake kept you wanting more if your looking for a spot to have a small wedding on a small budget i highly recommend babycakes.

Babycakes 2

Tina · Married on 11/26/2016

Our wedding cake from Babycakes was delicious! It looked beautiful and each tier was very unique and yummy! We were very pleased with the cake and Tania helped us in selecting flavours and design/layout at our tasting. she was very professional and helpful. Overall a great experience!

Michael · Married on 11/19/2016

Babycakes was amazing. The cupcakes were fresh and perfect! When I emailed Tonia was always prompt at getting back with us. She listened to our ideas and made suggestions but was never pushy. We ordered over 100 cupcakes and by the end of the night we only had two left! Everyone raved about them. We also had a cutting cake and it worked out perfect! Thank you again babycakes.

Michael

• F

flo · Married on 10/29/2016

I found this bakery online and set up a tasting due to I wanted cupcakes for my wedding ...
    the tasting was great and Tania was very friendly .
    the ordering process was very easy and went seamlessly.

when the day came they delivered the cupcakes on time and set them up for us also .
    The cupcakes were very tasty and beautiful ( I was getting jealous , just kidding )
    I would use them again for an event for sure !!

Brittany · Married on 09/17/2016

From our first meeting I knew they would be making my wedding cake! It was delicious, moist and beyond words beautiful! And they were so easy to work with! I love Babycakes! I still have cake in my fridge and you can bet I'm not sharing! hahah

Valerie · Married on 07/16/2016

I was in need of a small gluten free cake for my wedding reception and Babycakes delivered! Their staff put together a beautiful cake that was just perfect for my small reception, and considering that it was gluten free, it tasted so good even my husband loved it!

Sigournee · Married on 06/25/2016

Babycakes cupcakes are THE most delicious, fluffy and airy cupcakes you will ever eat. We had vanilla, chocolate and marble cupcakes at our wedding on 6/25/16. They were delivered and set-up at my wedding venue on time. The cupcakes were a hit! Everyone was in love with the marble cupcake and whipped frosting. I highly recommend Babycakes for your wedding!

Melissa · Married on 04/24/2016

Babycakes was delicious! My husband and I did a tasting with them because they are contracted through our venue, and they were extremely accommodating and the cake was amazing! We had a tough time choosing which flavors we were going to choose for our wedding cake. We ended up selecting the blood orange, chocolate decadence, and lemon bavarian. On our big day when I walked into the reception and saw our cake, my jaw dropped. It was perfect and exactly what I had pictured it to be. Not to mention how good it was! We did the lemon bavarian for our top tier and we did not regret that decision!!! It was so fresh and moist, with excellent flavor! We can't wait for our one year anniversary to come back and get some more cake!!

danny · Married on 09/12/2015

fabulous wedding cake and cupcakes.
    Tanya is wonderful.
    made everything stress free and delicious....

Incredibly happy with this service! Because my husband and I were both on a budget and don't really like desserts all that much, a wedding cake was particularly low on the priority list for us, as we planned out all our vendors. As we discussed the idea more and more, we decided we really liked the idea of cupcakes, as they were less expensive, easy for guests to grab and eat, and if there was any excess- we could easily take it home. I found Babycakes on Wedding Wire, and also had a coworker who had recently married her partner, confirm that this was the place to go. After meeting with Tania (the owner of Babycakes), we knew we had made the right decision. This place not only has cupcakes, they have mini-cupcakes (even better) in a TON of flavors!! We were really excited about the idea of providing our guests with fun, mini-cupcakes in a lot of different flavors! We ended up ordering mini-cupcakes in 5 different flavors for our guests to try out, as well as two larger cupcakes to hold our "high-fiving bride and groom figurines." While I didn't get to try one of the mini-cupcakes, myself (I sadly, only saw them from afar), I heard a bunch of compliments on them from many different people at our reception. We did get to eat our two large cupcakes the next day (thanks to our awesome coordinator for snagging them and boxing them up for us!), and they were delicious. This is also coming from a person who doesn't really do cake, or any dessert for that matter. So just in case my stars aren't reflective enough of how happy we were with this place, let my words do it instead-- this place is incredible, and their service is AMAZING.

Marcia · Married on 09/06/2015

Babycakes provided my gorgeous and delicious wedding cakes!

I like to bake myself, so choosing my baker was an important decision to me. I booked my venue 1st, and went searching for cakes 2nd! My groom and I went to a total of 5 cake tastings and inquired with countless others. Babycakes' prices were reasonable, and we received a discount as they are preferred vendors at Crowne Plaza San Diego.

We had a good consultation appointment with Tania, and she was so helpful and responsive with emails. Very friendly service was received. During the tasting there were only 5 flavors to taste, but that didn't matter as the top three were on that plate! We decided on the blood orange blueberry (my favorite!), tres leches (crowd favorite) and chocolate decadence. No way could I settle for a plain white cake. I really wanted something fruity.

It took me a long time to decide what kind of design I wanted, as I usually work with fondant when I bake. But I knew simplicity and delicious buttercream would be best for our wedding. Through email Tania and I designed the secret groom's cake, which had a golf theme. She maintained the secret throughout the consultation and discussed the fake estimate with my groom and I, then emailed me the real quote. I really appreciated that!

The cakes stayed in beautiful shape throughout the evening, and the cake was moist and so yummy! I highly recommend this company and will return on my anniversary for that blood orange cake!!

• DOMINIQUE

DOMINIQUE · Married on 07/25/2015

My husband and I enjoyed working with Tania for our wedding cake. We ended up getting a 2 tier cake with buttercream frosting, and a sheet cake to cut costs. We tasted quite a few flavors, and settled on the tiramisu and red velvet. I despise tiramisu but theirs is so light and doesn't have that overbearing coffee flavor. The red velvet was great. We received so many compliments on the look of the cake and the flavor. We are regulars at Babycakes and didn't think twice to use them for our wedding cake. We will definitely return to work with them again.

angela · Married on 07/25/2015

LOOOOVED the service we received from Tania and her team! We were recommended by Ren @ a beautiful wedding and we are so glad we went with them! We had the best experience from start to finish and everyone loved the cake and cupcakes! They decorated it exactly how we wanted to and we could not be happier. It was so yummy! They brought it up to our hotel suite and set it up just in time for us to dig in and eat it. VERY satisfied with everything- highly, HIGHLY recommend!

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2014

We chose Baby Cakes to cater our wedding reception based on the online reviews we read and we could not have been more pleased! We ordered a blood orange cupcake display for our guests and a tres leches cutting cake. Both cakes were incredible! Baby Cakes delivered all of the cupcakes and set up the display at our reception. The display was absolutely beautiful and our guests kept raving about how delicious the cupcakes were! Thank you so much for helping us on our special day!

Jennifer · Married on 09/20/2014

Our cake was delicious!! Tania Doggett was amazing. She was so wonderful with my husband and my parents at our tasting - a complete delight that made the whole experience wonderful and fun. Our cake looked amazing, and all our guests were talking about how good it was! I will be back to this place for cakes, cupcakes and anything else they have to offer! Service was great and cake was excellent!

Stacy · Married on 09/20/2014

My fiancé and I met with Tania at Babycakes a few months before our wedding for a cake tasting. We actually went on a Saturday morning and she brought out two huge cups of coffee to go with our "breakfast". Everything tasted amazing so it wasn't easy to choose, but Tania helped us pick two flavors for the two different tiers. When we described the style we were looking for, she pulled up a few photos on her iPad that were exactly what we had in mind. And few days before the wedding, we dropped off little airplants and succulents for our cake, which Babycakes added on beautifully. We loved everything about our experience with Babycakes and would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Veronica · Married on 08/31/2014

Now that the planning, the nerves, and the celebrating is over...I can now find time to appreciate the wedding and the memories. We chose a holiday weekend so our out of town guests could enjoy San Diego and we could gather for Brunch on Monday at Babycakes. Our wedding cake was an absolute masterpiece!! We chose Blood Orange and the Chocolate Decadence to please our big diverse family. We were overwhelmed with rave reviews from our guests about how much they loved the cake! Tonya, our contact was there for us every moment during the process and even shared in a mimosa with her to celebrate our engagement. We will continue ti use Babycakes for all of our birthday cakes and will most likely sneak in for a delicious cupcake from time ti time. Off to our honeymoon next week.... life is good!

Rosemary · Married on 08/08/2014

I am a regular at Babycakes cafe, so I always knew I liked their cupcakes. There services for my wedding went perfect. When we went for our cake tasting, Tania was very welcoming, nice, helpful and she created a very relaxing appointment. We went with a cupcake tower with a small single round cake topper. On my wedding day, everything arrived on time and tasted and looked AMAZING!! I loved everything about it and it was exactly the way I wished and hoped for! If I have another big or small event, Babycakes would definitely be my preferred choice.

Nadya · Married on 06/27/2014

INCREDIBLE cupcakes from Babycakes. Our guests were all raving about them!!! Beautiful presentation on a multi tier cupcake stand. And so much cheaper than a cake would have been. I think the cupcakes tasted better too and provided so much variety for our guests (we got 6 different flavors). The cupcakes were beautifully decorated and super moist. I plan to get babycakes for all of my special occasions from now on.

Jessie · Married on 06/27/2014

Babycakes did an amazing job on our simple yet scrumptious wedding cake!! We had a Red Velvet flavored cake with mint "colored" frosting and it was texturized all over. It was exactly how they said it would look and Tania Doggett was very easy to work with. She gave us all kinds of different options and what the best scenerio would be for us. We wanted a smaller "show"cake and then had a sheet cake for everyone to dig into. It was a HIT! Everyone loved it. YUM!!

Mahalo Tania!

Marvie · Married on 05/31/2014

Tania and everyone else at babycakes was so easy to work with. They made our wedding cake in May. It was absolutely beautiful! Exactly how we discussed it to be. And it was amazingly good! The cake tasting was so much fun and yummie. We chose marble bianca and blood orange. The blood orange is a must. I highly reccomend them for any of your cake needs or to stop by for some cupcakes!

Kobie · Married on 05/23/2014

My wife and I have been attending Babycakes at its opening in Hillcrest. Sent there by a friend, who happened to be the owner, we've been fans ever since. We debated our dessert and cake services not long before our own wedding, before I came up with the idea to just get cupcakes from this company to lessen mess and convenience.

Complete Home Run. From Tania's sales expertise, to the entire Babycakes staff being helpful with recommendations, and God's own Buttercream recipe, we were able to get our cake topper and more than enough cupcakes for the guests. Everyone was blown away by its service and professionalism. HIGHLY recommended.