b Wed Charleston Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

Alice O. Married on 12/20/2022

bWed was truly amazing!

From the moment I spoke with Gena I knew she was a person that cares about her clients and was very organized and had every detail taken care of.
    She put everything together in less than a week and everything went perfect! The team that came including Gena made us feel so comfortable and did a wonderful job!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you, Alice!! I am so glad that we were able to align the stars to pull off your Christmas week wedding with just a few days notice. It was definitely meant to be and I'm so glad that you reached out to b Wed to be a part of your day!!
    Cathia F. Married on 10/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Over-Delivered At Every Turn!

If I could give 6 stars, I would. Gena over-delivered from the very first email exchange. My only job was to find a dress. This company is a well-oiled machine and Gena a thorough and enthusiastic business owner. Thank you for making our elopement experience so joyous!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thanks Cathia!! It is always extra special when another perfectionist can see the effort I put into making each wedding day wonderful and unique. You were a pleasure to work with and I wish you and Rob all the best!
    Bespoke S. Married on 06/10/2022

Amazing Wedding Planner! ✨

As event musicians (string soloists & ensembles), we absolutely love working with top-notch wedding planners and Gena of b Wed Charleston is simply amazing! She is super organized, detail-oriented and quick to respond. We always look forward to working with Gena & b Wed Charleston! 🎻

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thanks so much!! I appreciate your kind words and always love working with you guys because I know my couples will have a wonderful experience.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Wendy
    Wendy R. Married on 06/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Excellent! Beautiful! Takes the Stress Off the Bride/Groom!

We hired Gena with b Wed Charleston for an intricate elopement ceremony. She handled every detail. Even helped with last minute changes. We had a wonderful experience. An absolutely beautiful elopement ceremony. Gena was there every minute making sure everything went smoothly. I highly recommend using b Wed Charleston for your wedding planner. Thanks Gena!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you, Wendy! I am so happy that you two were able to have such a picture perfect elopement. It was a pleasure working with you and Mark! All the best!
    Nicole A. Married on 05/16/2022

The absolute best!

Gena and BWED Charleston made our small wedding dreams come true. Gena was so attentive and made the planning so enjoyable. I could not recommend her and BWED Charleston more. Her vendors are top notch, she handles everything with such ease and truly makes you feel special every step of the way. Thank you Gena, you are truly the best!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you, Nicole!! I appreciate your review and am so happy I was able to make your wedding day as special as possible! Best wishes to you and Lou!
    Jessica D. Married on 05/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Absolutely perfect experience with b Wed Charleston!

Gena with b Wed Charleston was absolutely fantastic. As soon as we reached out to her for our elopement she responded within a couple hours and from there the experience was nothing short of perfect. Gena did an amazing job listening to exactly what we wanted for our wedding day, provided input on items we had not considered and coordinated everything perfectly.

Gena coordinated everything from flowers, cake, location, hair and makeup, decorating our hotel suite, transportation. You name and she took care of it and was so prompt in response and getting everything arranged. Absolutely a wonderful experience and highly recommend!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. It was such a pleasure to work with you and William. I am glad your wedding day went beautifully -- the photos were simply amazing! I hope you are able to come back and visit Charleston soon...might I suggest Fall or Winter when it isn't so hot!!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca M. Married on 04/18/2022

You Need Her!

Gena is an absolute gem. From the first email interaction we had, it was clear to me that she was the right person for the job. She is extremely communicative, detail oriented, knowledgeable, and full of amazing suggestions/ideas. On our wedding day, there was not one second that I worried about anything because I knew Gena was taking care of everything.
    When I met her, I instantly felt like she was a friend or a family member. We could not have asked for a better day. She is truly a wedding angel and we’re so lucky to have found her. Gena, thank you for everything. You are simply the best.

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much, Rebecca! You put such a big smile on my face! I really enjoyed working with you throughout the planning process and spending time with you on your big day. And yes, I still want to clone you!! All the best to you and Donnie!
  • Susan
    Susan A. Married on 03/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

b Wed Charleston is Perfection!!!

Gena is a quick communicator, thorough planner, very detailed, and has a wealth of knowledge about all things wedding. Her vendors are top notch! We had the perfect wedding day!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Susan!! I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with b Wed. It was such fun to work with you and to meet your family. I wish you all the best!
    Rachel B. Married on 12/22/2021

Excellent Coordinator!

My husband and I eloped in December and were very thankful to work with b Wed. We had been told by numerous other couples how stressful the planning process could be and we were both very busy at work, so having a coordinator for our elopement was a lifesaver. Going into the process, we didn’t have any ideas on what to do and Gena handled everything we needed, including selecting an officiant and photographer, making suggestions on locations, sending helpful reminders and checklists, and was incredibly responsive throughout the whole process. I didn’t expect to get that level of coordination and engagement since we were just doing a no-guest elopement, but I was very thankful for all her help and advice. We would highly recommend her to anyone planning an elopement or wedding.

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review, Rachel. I was so glad I could make your sweet elopement day as stress-free and wonderful as you'd hoped. All the best to you and Josh!
    Erin Married on 12/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding experience!

Gena made our dream wedding come true! She truly executed every detail that we wanted. The vendors she arranged for us were fabulous! She kept in constant touch, and it made us more excited with every email we received from her. Gena made planning a small wedding from hundreds of miles away so easy and smooth for us. We cannot recommend her enough!!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much, Erin!! Your wedding was such a fun day for me and all your vendors. We really appreciate you allowing us to be a part of your wedding memories. I wish you a lifetime of laughs and love!!
    Brandie M. Married on 12/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our wedding day was AMAZING!!!!

Gena made our day effortless!! She listen to what we wanted our day to be like and she made it happen! The vendors were amazing!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thanks Brandie! I am so happy that I was able to make your day effortless! All the best to you and Jim.
  • Hailie
    Hailie D. Married on 10/16/2021

Best Wedding Experience

Gena is incredible! We wanted a small wedding and are not from the Charleston area. Gena was attentive, understanding, and so well organized from the very beginning, putting us at ease every step of the way. The day of our wedding she was on top of every detail and we were able to really enjoy ourselves and savor the memories. Thank you Gena for everything! Truly amazing experience:)

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much, Hailie! I truly appreciate your kind words and had a wonderful time with you and your family! All the best!
  • Kenzie
    Kenzie M. Married on 09/02/2021

An amazing experience!!!

B Wed Charleston was amazing to us! They met our expectations, communicated very well, and so helpful! I had an unexpected pregnancy and B Wed was able to change our date, the vendors, and we weren't charge the new rate for the next year. Gena was very, very sweet. She made our day so stress free!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thanks Kenzie! I'm so glad that we were able to change the date to accommodate the arrival of Ace!! Congratulations on all of the anniversaries to come!
    Christina B. Married on 08/21/2021

B Wed is the very best!

Our wedding was perfect thanks to b Wed Charleston!
    I reached out to Gena exactly 4 months before our wedding date. We had just decided to elope, and the countdown was on. I was feeling a little stressed and nervous about the whole process, but Gena calmed my nerves and made everything magic! Here are a few of my favorite things about working with Gena:
    1) Completely stress free! Her packages take the guess work out of the whole process and really simplify planning. It minimizes the choices you have to make and completely removes stress. This was especially important to me since we had a short timeline and were planning from a distance for a destination elopement. I tell everyone that I only had to pick my dress and my husband. Gena took care of the rest!
    2) Access to the very best vendors. It was nice to have someone make arrangements for me, but also a bit of a risk! Turns out, I didn’t have anything to worry about. Every single vendor that Gena selected for our day was beyond perfect. Everyone raved about the flowers, the cake, the pictures, hair and makeup, etc. Not being from Charleston, there is NO way I would have done that good picking everything myself. Gena only works with the best!
    3) Supporting women-owned businesses. This was important to me on my big day. I wanted to support women entrepreneurs—especially during COVID! Pretty much every dollar we spent went to women-owned businesses thanks to Gena and b Wed.
    4) Excellent communication. Gena is SO responsive and stays in close communication throughout the process. I never wondered where anything stood because she was so proactive and detail oriented.
    5) Surprisingly affordable! One reason we decided to elope was the cost. Everyone knows that weddings are expensive, but not everyone knows it doesn’t have to be that way! Our day was everything we wanted and it was a fraction of the cost we would have spent on a traditional wedding or even compared to some other elopement and “minimonies” vendors. Gena is worth every penny and then some.
    It’s been one month since we got married, and my husband and I keep talking about how stress-free and fun our day was. Saving money and time was nice, but the most important thing that Gena did for us was allow us to focus on each other and our guests for our wedding day rather than worrying about a bunch of details. We are so grateful for her and cannot recommend her and b Wed Charleston enough!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you SO much for such a wonderful review. You and Jon had a truly magical day and I was thrilled to be a small part of it. I am very proud of the wedding pros that I work with and it is amazing to hear how our team was able to give you such a special day. I wish you a lifetime of love!!
    Nc State F. Married on 07/25/2021

Absolutely Perfect

Words cannot express the professionalism, and the commitment Gena had to helping ensure we had the most beautiful wedding. Everything was absolutely perfect! Absolutely perfect!!!!!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you SO much!! I'm always happy to help someone plan the perfect wedding day. I wish you two much love and many return trips to Charleston!
    Alexis L. Married on 07/15/2021

Wonderful experience!!

My husband and I loved our experience with b Wed Charleston. Our ceremony felt like more than just an elopement. We had a small wedding with our family and friends their to support us. Everything from the communication, planning, the ceremony, photography and getting our marriage license was such a great process and stress free thanks to b Wed Charleston!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you, Alexis!! It was great working with you as well. I wish you a lifetime of happiness with Joie and those sweet girls!!
    Melissa F. Married on 06/13/2021

Phenomenal Wedding Planner

Gena was our wedding planner for our elopement in June 2021. She was absolutely phenomenal. We couldn’t have asked for anyone or anything better. She handled absolutely everything. We were able to enjoy our engagement and remove any stress from the dreaded wedding plans. She made sure to get everything we requested and went above and beyond anything we could have done on our own. We chose the venue and our anniversary/date and she made it happen. She spaced out the questions/requests so we weren’t overwhelmed and was very responsive whenever we emailed/called. All of the people she chose to help make our day special were an absolute pleasure! My hair and makeup were flawless. The officiant gave us the ceremony we will alway remember. Our flowers were beautiful. Our photographer was able to perfectly capture the love and laughter. You would not go wrong if you choose to work with Gena!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Hi Melissa! Thanks so much for this wonderful review. It was such a fun day with you and Sean at Magnolia Plantation. I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!!
  • O
    Olivia P. Married on 04/17/2021

Gena is an angel!

We chose to have a small wedding getaway in Charleston, SC and Gena was our savior through the whole process. Because we are from Charlotte, all planning and communication had to be done remotely but thanks to Gena, our sanity did not suffer! She was constantly in touch, communicating and helping us make plans and decisions. She offered so much great local advice as well that made planning the trip down for our family and friends an absolute breeze. On the day of, everything ran so smoothly thanks to Gena. Not a bump in the road! She is so organized and professional, while at the same time being so warm and friendly! She felt like part of the family by the time it was over! We have nothing but the highest praises for Gena. Thank you so much for the important part you played in making our wedding day so special.

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your review!! You have no idea how much it means to me and I love being considered "part of the family"! I wish you two all the best :)
    Amanda B. Married on 03/30/2021

Top Notch!

Gena was truly incredible! Initially, I had emailed a few different wedding services in Charleston and was instantly drawn to bWed because the communication was the best by far. She was very professional, personable, and treated you like a friend from beginning to end. No question or task was too big for Gena, and any question I had was answered with kindness and promptness. We had a slight unprecedented hiccup on our wedding day, but Gena had it smoothed out before I even realized there was a bump in the road. Although our wedding was small, Gena was keyed in on every little detail and lined up top notch vendors for our big day, and I can’t even begin to express my level of gratitude! Considering eloping in Charleston, but want the full wedding experience? This is your girl! I can’t sing her praises enough!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Oh Amanda, you make my heart smile. Thank you so much for being a dream bride! I hope you'll come back to visit someday soon.
  • Kalie
    Kalie J. Married on 03/20/2021

A Life-saver

I could write a novel on how amazing Gena has been to us since we first contacted her about planning our elopement. She was so patient with us figuring out our timeline, and she humored all of my ridiculous anxiety-motivated questions through the whole process. She got so much done in a short period of time, and the quality of all the services/products she got for our wedding completely exceeded expectations. I came into the process with the mindset “we’re asking her to plan an elopement in a month, we have no room to be too picky about the details,” but Gena involved us in every decision to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, from cake design to bouquet colors, and she provided sound advice anytime we needed it. We had to cancel our original wedding plans and move it up seven months due to military orders, and of course that was saddening at first, but that quickly melted away when I realized I’d get to marry the love of my life sooner, and that an amazing planner like Gena was going to make it as stress-less as possible. If I had a million dollars, all of it would’ve gone toward her tip. We’re so grateful for everything she’s done.

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you, Kalie! You literally made my eyes tear up!! I'm so glad I had a chance to work with you and to meet you. I am very excited for you two and your adventure ahead!!
  • Sharon
    Sharon N. Married on 03/02/2021

Amazing Customer Care!

For any bride looking into b Wed Charleston I just have to say they're the best. My husband and I got married three months ago and Gena made sure it was perfect. She was awesome for making it happen right after Valentine's and adapted to our desires. The communication was great, no other service was so in touch as she was. We had some doubts about our date and she bared with us through our indecision.
    Gena got me the best photographer I could have wished for as well as the make-up artist. I felt beautiful and happy that day. The ceremony was tailored to us and she made sure our children were part of it.
    Her customer care is amazing, she had a hand written follow up note at the 1 month mark! Basically we felt special from moment one and way after the wedding.
    So, please work with her as she will make your special day one not to forget and you'll feel more like a friend helping you out.

b Wed Charleston's reply:

I cannot thank you enough for your heartfelt words, Sharon. It was such a joy to spend a windy day on the beach with you and your family. It is hard to believe that you were saying "I do" only 13 days after our first email exchange! It all went by too quickly and I would love the opportunity to see you again when you have your trash-the-dress photo shoot! I wish you and Federico the absolute best!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 12/10/2020

Perfect Wedding Vision Executed

Y'all, I cannot begin to describe what a Godsend Gena Buff was in this entire wedding planning process. My now husband and I planned our wedding in Charleston while I was deployed overseas, he was living in a different state and we tried to nail down our perfect vision of a small intimate ceremony. Gena was incredibly helpful in making our vision a reality in her research, business connections, detailed questions and organization. Gena's attention to detail is rarely found in a person, let alone in a business. I highly recommend this service and support if you're in search of some assistance in your planning and execution process!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you Melissa! I'm so glad that you and James were able to have the wedding of your dreams. It was a picture perfect day and I was happy to be a small part of it.
    C Wilmoth Married on 10/02/2020

Elopement Perfection

Gena was all of the things you need in a wedding planner. Quick responses to every email, attention to detail (things I wouldn't think of myself), booked all the fabulous vendors, and fun too! Our elopement was so perfect and I credit that to her. My husband and I just had to show up. 100% recommended!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Candace! Working with you and Buzz was a dream. You were so sweet and easy to communicate with. Thanks for sharing your beautiful wedding day with me. Wishing you a lifetime of love!
  • Kristen
    Kristen T. Married on 09/05/2020

Personal, friendly, experienced!

Gena was absolutely amazing! I had no idea what I wanted but she helped me put together a dreamy (and affordable) day! Everyone on her team was professional and made the day so special. If you want to elope or have a small ceremony...b Wed Charleston is the way to go!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Hi Kristen! Thank you so much for your review. I loved sharing your wedding day with you and Ross. It was such a joy to see the two of your exchange your vows and oh wow, the love you two show for each other in your photos!! I know you will have a long and wonderful life together!
  • Julie
    Julie J. Married on 09/03/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gena was great. Many details were needed to pull off our elopement and she took care of it all.

I would highly recommend Gena and her team to be your elopement specialist. From day one she was in charge and on the ball. During Covid 19 many changes & guidelines were happening but we were kept aware of it all. Happy!!!

b Wed Charleston's reply:

Thank you so much, Julie! Working with you and Wayne was wonderful. I am so glad we were able to share your ceremony with your family - even from 1000 miles away! Thank you for all of the Texas goodies and I'll be thinking of you two as I enjoy each one. I hope you return to Charleston for a visit soon. Be well!
illustration stars