24 Reviews for Awesome Caribbean Weddings

Destination (5)
Event Design (2)
Timelines (2)
24 Awesome Caribbean Weddings Reviews

There are no words to describe how delighted we are to have chosen Awesome Caribbean for our wedding planning! We had the most spectacular and amazing wedding we could have ever imagined. Michele and all her vendors totally exceeded our expectations! We got married on June 2nd at Villa Susanna in Marigot Bay. Michele helped us pick the place and it was truly the most beautiful villa on the whole island. We didn’t want to get married in a hotel/resort as we preferred a more secluded and private ceremony, so Michele recommended renting out a villa and it was such a wonderful idea! Our family and friends stayed with us at the villa and we had the most amazing ceremony and reception overlooking the Caribbean sea.
My husband and I are both very busy professionals. It was actually one of the reasons why we decided to find a wedding planner. Michele was great at communicating with us. She kept us on schedule! She gave us concrete tasks to do and made sure we made our choices on time. She also drew our attention to details we might have completely over looked. She sent us options to choose from (extremely helpful!!!) and also gave us room to bring our own touch. It was such a pleasure receiving her emails, we felt like we knew her before we even met her. On the wedding day, she spent 12 hours working non-stop making sure every little detail is thought through. Her vendors including the make-up and hair artists, Daniel (photographer) and the videographer, the chefs and waiters, the guitarist, and the most amazing Coconut man and steel pan band were all extremely professional and all did an awesome job! The band kept all our guests dancing nonstop!
We highly recommend Awesome Caribbean, there is not one single thing that we would have wanted to be different! Just trust their professionalism and enjoy the planning process, it doesn’t have to be tedious and painful, Awesome Caribbean will make it all simply AWESOME !

Photo for Awesome Caribbean Weddings Review - Sand Ceremony
Photo
Profile Picture Linda, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

There truly are no words to describe the gratitude my husband and I have for Michele and the crew at Awesome Caribbean Weddings! You made all our dreams come true (and then some!) and went above and beyond any expectations we had.

We recently got married at La Haut (wedding venue with stunning views of the Pitons) on 4-18-18, followed by a reception at Orlando's (awesome food), and the day was absolutely magical! I never felt a moment of stress that day because of Michele. She thought of every detail and made sure everything ran smoothly. It was utter perfection! My guests were awestruck by the beauty of the location and how exceptional every detail was.

We started working with her over a year before the wedding. It was so easy to communicate remotely with her that we were never nervous about the outcome. However, we also underestimated truly how amazing it would be! Her execution and delivery was superb. She was so professional, organized, thoughtful, and patient, even as our numbers changed over time.

Eden (videographer) and Dani (photographer) deserve a huge shout out too! Everyone has cried and gushed about how outstanding the video and photos are. Some said it looked heavenly. I oscillate between smiling and crying happy tears every time I look at it all again. I had the awesome privilege of marrying the most amazing man, and thanks to them, I get to relive it over-and-over again. We couldn't be happier with the products they produced!

Orlando did a fabulous job with dinner and working around my allergies and those of guests. Everyone raved about the food and we even found some room for a little dancing!

St. Lucia is so special and idyllic for a wedding. Awesome Caribbean Weddings provides magnificent service!

We are forever indebted to you for our spectacular and magical day!

Photo
Profile Picture Tessa, 4/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Awesome Caribbean Weddings (“ACW”) was recommended to me by a friend of my husband. Following this recommendation, I called them and shared my vision of what I wanted to create for our wedding day. Communication with ACW was easy, constant and after the first conversation, I immediately felt that our wedding was entrusted in good hands; little did I know that Michele and her ACW team weren’t just good they were stellar. On our wedding day, everything went flawlessly and we know that was all due to Michele and her extraordinary planning and execution. The vendors that Michele introduced us to and we ultimately selected (Emerson for flowers, Hannah for makeup, Anne for hair, Daniel for photography, Eden for video and Duncan for our welcome party) truly rounded out our dream team. Our guests had an amazing time and still talk about our wedding. My husband and I still reflect on our wedding day and look at our photos and video regularly as we relive such a magical day. Michele never tired of our questions (and trust me I had many!) or changes. She captured the vision for our wedding perfectly. Through this process, my husband, parents and I gained a dear friend who we are so thankful played such an important part in the most important day of our lives.
If you are considering using ACW as your planner, stop considering and choose them. Michele and her team will give you first class service resulting in a truly remarkable and memorable wedding for you.

Profile Picture Kimberley D., 3/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Having Awesome Caribbean be the planner for our ceremony was the BEST decision we made for our wedding. Our planning had to be done remotely where we communicated mainly through emails and telephone calls and our initial concern was that we couldn’t have a hands on approach in our planning due to the fact that we live overseas. That concern was quickly put to rest with Michele. She guided us every step of the way and helped us think of every detail in order that our vision for our wedding was fulfilled. We felt like she was literally holding our hands throughout the planning process right up until we said bye to her at Pigeon Point on our special day. Michele always responded in a speedy manner which helped us tremendously when decisions had to be made. She made us see the practical side of things and was always able to offer alternatives or solutions whenever we needed it. Her calm and friendly nature made her very easy to talk to and she just had a way of putting our minds at ease. With her level of professionalism, we knew that we were on to something AWESOME and as our day grew closer, we became increasingly impatient to see how it all looked. On the day of the ceremony we were just in awe of how Michele was able to deliver exactly what we had envisioned. The bouquets, wrist corsages, boutonnieres looked exactly as the pictures that I sent to Michele. Spectacular still does not even describe how beautiful the venue looked for our ceremony. The pictures speak a thousand words. Michele truly did an amazing job. Everybody that has seen the photos of the ceremony in the ruins have nothing but compliments on how amazing it looked. One of our guests passed away shortly before the wedding. We told Michele that we were planning to get a bouquet of flowers to put in a seat in memory of our friend. Michele told us to not worry about that as she would take care of that for us at no added charge. AWESOME is definitely a fitting name for this company!

Profile Picture Tricia, 7/22/17, 1 Review

Michele,

Our wedding was the absolute most fun, most special, and all around most fantastic day of our lives, and we know it is all thanks to YOU, Fenella, and the rest of the amazing team you have at Awesome Caribbean Weddings. You worked with me over a number of months to develop the perfect plan for our wedding day and I could have never done it without you. You were so patient with me throughout the entire process (even when I changed my mind for the thousandth time about every little detail). You were always incredibly responsive to all my emails and willing to fit in a call whenever I requested it. There was never a time when I felt you didn’t have the entire wedding planning process under control. You were always honest with me and it allowed me to trust you 100% with the most important day of my life.

I sent you what feels like a hundred pictures of the different flower arrangements, décor, cake ideas, and table arrangements I liked, and you were able to pull together my vision perfectly. When I saw the ceremony and reception décor on the day of our wedding my jaw dropped. It looked just like the tropical glam weddings on pinterest and to say I absolutely loved it would be an understatement. Orlando’s catered the wedding and every bite was delectable; the best wedding food I have ever had! You also helped me pull together a polaroid photo booth guest book, something I wasn’t sure I would be able to have with a destination wedding. My guests all repeatedly raved about it being the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to and how every detail was perfect. I can’t thank you enough for helping to make my wedding day the best day of my life!

All the best,
Rachael

Profile Picture Rachael, 6/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Full Planning, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

I had the chance to work with Michele & Fenella for my wedding that took place last week at Capella Marigot Bay. It was last minute and I got in touch with them just a few weeks before the wedding. I had to work with them remotely and communicate via email, but they responded to all my questions and concerns. I had inquired with about 5 other florists in St. Lucia and they were the only one who was willingly open to work with my budget. I was scared to see the outcome since I based my choices on pictures and words, but they did an excellent job with the floral arrangements. They did everything from touching base with the coordinator at the resort to doing the decorations as discussed. Once I saw their work at the wedding, I could not be any happier with what I saw. The bouquets were beautiful, the arch was nicely decorated, and the centerpieces were exactly how I requested them. Thank you for being patient and for working with me in such a short time and executing what we had discussed. I highly recommend them for their quick responsiveness, professionalism, and great quality of service! Thank you so much! -Jerilyn & Christian Paez

Profile Picture Jerilyn, 3/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

“As it was to be just the two of us traveling to St Lucia to say "I do” we needed something a little different this time around. While searching for wedding locations I came across "Awesome Caribbean Weddings” in St Lucia. After making contact with Kayt we decided to travel to St Lucia in April with the view to return and marry in December 2016. We were so pleased we visited in April as we met the whole ACW team, Kayt, Michele and Fenella so when we did return in December it was like meeting old friends which really added to our day….

During our visit in April Kayt spent a full day with us visiting the numerous wedding locations and venues available on St Lucia before we chose to marry on the ruin steps at Pigeon Island National Park, Kayt and Michele planned our wedding working with us to achieve our perfect day, every question or query was answered and really nothing was too much trouble. We used Dani for our photos, she was great fun to work with and we have so many great photos we really can’t choose a favourite. As our hotel was located South of Pigeon Island we chartered a Catamaran for the day, that was such a great way to travel from South to North of the island, taking in the coastline and we even saw dolphins, the crew were great too and having never chartered a Cat. before that was another element that made our day special…

I had a clear idea of what flowers I wanted and style for my bouquet and the ceremony area and I was not disappointed, I absolutely loved my bouquet, the shape colours and style were exactly what I had asked for and more actually and I even got orange rose petals which are not always available…:)

If you are thinking of getting married in the Caribbean contact Awesome Caribbean Weddings, if you have a clear picture of what you want or need help deciding Michele and the team will guide you through to achieve your perfect day. We found St Lucia to be the prefect wedding/honeymoon location.

Profile Picture Tina, 12/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Planning

I cant put into words how amazing they are. They helped to make my wedding Day the day best day of my life. I worked with Fenella who really did all the work and changed anything that I asked with ease. My photographer was coming from the States and his flight was delayed due to a hurricane so he made it after the ceremony. Fenella was able to get a last minute local photographer to be at the ceremony to take amazing pictures. I can say thank you enough. I would recommend them to anyone who is thinking of St. Luca as a wedding destination.

Profile Picture Shamara, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Full Planning

WARNING: Michele and the AWC team will make all your destination wedding dreams come true!!

My fiancé (at the time) and I had just gotten engaged and were playing around with the idea of a Caribbean wedding. We reached out to a couple of vendors across multiple islands, but we received very lackluster replies, if any replies at all. AWC was the only exception. Right off the bat Michele was extremely responsive, and instead of bombarding me with prices and packages, she sent me samples of various wedding days at a variety of venues. We quickly fell in love with a few ideas, and from there we built a preliminary outline of the wedding day with a package price. When my fiancé and I decided to go to Saint Lucia last minute for a small vacation, Michele suggested meeting up so she can take us around to check out a couple of venues, free of charge. We decided to take her up on her offer, and upon meeting her on the island she was so warm, friendly and thoughtful that going with AWC was one of the easiest decisions we've ever made.

From that point on, Michele continued to be patient and attentive. She consistently answered all of our million questions and concerns, all through our very long 1.5 year engagement period. With every major decision to be made we always felt like she had our best interest at heart, and genuinely cared about what we wanted for this special day. Whenever things came up outside of our control, we all worked together brilliantly to resolve those issues. On our wedding day, Michele stayed calm, collected and organized throughout the day, reminding us through the chaos to just relax and have a good time, which a lot of couples often forget to do!

Ideally we could bring Michele back with us to NYC to manage our hectic lives, but the next best thing we can do is recommend this amazing individual to be part of your wedding planning!!

Profile Picture Wendy, 4/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Transportation, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Full Planning

I contacted Awesome Caribbean Weddings to plan my elopement. They planned everything down to the finest details. If you are getting married in St Lucia, contact Kayt to help you! :)

Profile Picture User6663445, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Full Planning

Michele, with Awesome Caribbean weddings, proved to be the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding planner. She showed professionalism and patience in working with us throughout our wedding planning and wedding day. Michele was always quick to respond to any and all of our questions and requests through e-mail, phone and even once we arrived in St. Lucia. She met with us immediately upon our arrival, to assure every detail was exactly as we discussed and to our standards. Michele remained available to us throughout the week, if needed, and gave us continuous attention on our wedding day to make sure everything ran smoothly. Thank you so much to Michele and Awesome Caribbean Weddings, for all your hard work and dedication to making our special day so unforgettable!

Profile Picture Chris , 3/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

Where do we begin? Michele was absolutely AMAZING. She was able to take our scrambled words in an email and turn them into a perfect week long celebration that my guests are STILL talking about. We planned a destination wedding for 38 people and we can honestly say that not a single thing went wrong. It was absolutely beautiful and more than I ever could have imagined. She was able to turn some of my crazy ideas into a reality and was able to make it all happen via email across countries.
Michele and her crew/vendors planned our welcome dinner before our wedding and the day of event. We were skeptical at first; as everything was done via email and from so far away and of course, no tastings were able to happen. But every vendor that was recommended to us was beyond phenomenal and was more than we could have asked for or expected.
Even we were stressed out, and our original venue was unavailable, Michele was able to fix it and better one up our previous choice. Not a single regret, go with ACW and you can be sure it will be the best day ever.

Profile Picture User5471363, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had such a beautiful, amazing and fun wedding day! I'm so glad that I trusted ACW with my wedding. I would recommend ACW to everyone who wants to get married in St. Lucia!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Awesome Caribbean Weddings is exactly what the name says. When I found Michele, I knew right away that I had found the best, most perfect wedding planner that I could hope to find. As anyone planning a destination wedding will know - it is hard to know so many things...from where to have the wedding? Which hotel will work best for my guests? Which florist? Which photographer? Who can you trust? The last thing I wanted was a cookie cutter resort Caribbean wedding which was very hard to get across to other people I spoke with before meeting Michele.

Michele was different right from the start in that she asked lots of questions to help us figure out what sort of wedding and experience we would like to have. Nothing was cookie cutter, and she spent so much time over the past year to help us plan every last detail of our wedding. Michele is like having a friend who happens to live on a beautiful island, LOVES planning weddings, and can't wait to help plan yours. She is the ultimate professional throughout the entire process in that she responds to emails and questions promptly, she sends reminders to you to ensure you're making decisions when you need to make them, she doesn't overwhelm you with information, and she is extremely organized. Michele is the best combination of detail oriented and calm and relaxed. The entire planning process was so enjoyable, and on the day, Michele and her team ensured that everything looked absolutely beautiful and everything went off without a hitch. I've had lots of friends and family members get married and I know now that the reason many of them were so stressed is that they didn't have a partner like Michele. I would recommend Awesome Caribbean Weddings to anyone considering getting married in St. Lucia. The whole team is amazing, and Michele helped make our wedding what it was meant to be...fun, relaxed, and beautiful. THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Jenni, 3/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Awesome Caribbean Weddings are awesome! They provided great planning throughout in the months leading up to the wedding and everything went perfectly on the day!

Profile Picture Anna, 3/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I had forgotten the seamstress' instructions for tying to bustle of my wedding gown, and I was so worried, but Michelle knew how to tie it and said she'd done that for many brides before. I was so grateful for her expertise. It rained on our special day, but that didn't keep Michelle, Dani, or the rest of this lovely crew from working their magic!!! Once we were married, the rain stopped, and we were able to take the rest of our photos in the ruins and by the cliff's edge, before the crashing waves. The day was sheer bliss, and I simply cannot wait to see the photos!!! The photographer was wonderfully precise on her ideas for each photo shoot. The bouquet and matching boutonniere were so beautiful, and the cake was decorated with real flowers on top, identical to the ones in the bouquet and boutonniere!! It has been 16 days since my husband and I fed each other strawberry filled Caribbean rum wedding cake with buttercream icing, so beautifully topped with pink and green flowers, atop the cliff in St. Lucia, but the flowers don't know it yet. The flowers from our cake haven't lost any color, and they are budding a new blossom (even here in Pennsylvania USA, where it feels like -12degrees F.) I was so very thrilled with Michelle, Dani, the wedding officiator, and the whole crew!! They are simply amazing!!! Thank you Michelle!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Tara, 2/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Kayt, I don’t even know where to begin in thanking you from the bottom of my heart for all of your expertise, knowledge and patience in helping Hayden and I plan what our friends and family members have dubbed “the best wedding, ever”!!

We often say we had the A-team of weddings for our day, and that was all thanks to you and your team at Awesome Caribbean Weddings! From all the way over here in Houston, it was no mere feat trying to stage a wedding in a place where you are not familiarized, but with you by our side, it was a breeze and we could not have hoped for a more amazing team! Not being in St Lucia never felt like an issue, and I always came away from our emails and phone calls feeling incredibly excited about what we had in the works.

From beginning to end, you took meticulous care of each and every detail. Most importantly, when we had something unexpected “pop up” at the most inopportune time, you were there to take care of it quickly and effectively. A bride and groom could not ask for anything more.

Everything flowed so smoothly and you made sure that we had a wonderful evening as we danced the night away to DJ Martin’s splendid selections.

Our day was simply beautiful and you having the presence of mind to include some sand from St Lucia in the sand ceremony kit was that little extra touch that will forever warm our hearts as we relive the day with each frame photographer Mikael Lambert captured.

We would highly recommend the team at Awesome Caribbean Weddings to any couple planning their wedding. With Kayt’s help, our wedding was the smoothly-run success we dreamt it could be!

Joan & Hayden

Profile Picture Joan, 12/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Awesome Carribeans weddings were extremely helpful, took away all the the stress and pressure.
We had a delightful experience with Kayt she helped our dream wedding come to life.
Professional, efficient and reliable, 100% trustworthy, money extremely well spent.

Profile Picture Emily, 5/29/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Fenella at ACW put up with a LOT of emails back and forth from a nervous bride who had never been to St. Lucia until she showed up for her wedding. Our decor, flowers, and music were all even better than expected. Don't hesitate to use them for your destination wedding in St. Lucia - and don't hesitate to go to St. Lucia, whatever you do!!

Profile Picture User1510662, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We had a private beach wedding in April 2012. It was planned to perfection and there wasn't a dry eye in sight!! So intimate and personal. One of the best days of my last. Would definitely recommend! Bent over backwards to give us everything we had ever wished for!! Can not wait to return!

Profile Picture Lucy, 4/13/11, 1 Review
Category: Band, Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Entertainer, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We initially booked our wedding for April 2010 and due to the totally unforeseen Icelandic volcanic ash cloud, had to essentially cancel a few days prior to our ceremony as all flights leaving the UK were grounded. Michele was incredible. She calmly manage to rearrange the ceremony and all details for and us and our 40 guests for one month later. What could have potentially been a logistical nightmare was handled with utmost professionalism, patience and kindness. I could trust Michele and Awesome Caribbean Weddings 100% to realise my beach wedding dream and what they delivered was over and above anything I could have wished for. Stunning ceremony, incredible reception food & location:,my absolute perfect wedding. I cannot praise or recommend you guys highly enough. Forever grateful x

Profile Picture Eleanor, 5/20/10, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Where do we even start? We contacted Awesome Caribbean Weddings in December 2014, a few months after our engagement. From the very beginning, Michele’s communications were prompt, professional and full of excitement regarding how ACW could help us create the wedding of our dreams. Armed with some initial details regarding our vision, Michele began compiling a personalized program to start the process of turning our vision into a reality. It was such a far cry from many of the other ‘select a package’ options we initially encountered.

We got married on April 30, 2016. Our wedding day was nothing short of magical and it was thanks to the professionalism, care, and attention to detail of Michele and her team. She took our vision and brought it to life in a way that we couldn’t even have imagined. Everything was magnificent -- from the flower arrangements with the yellow heliconias (that up to a few weeks before the wedding weren’t guaranteed to be available), all the way to the comfy shuttles to transport guests back to the resort.

We couldn’t be happier with how our wedding day turned out. Our guests raved about all the personal touches that made our wedding reflective of us and not just another pre-packaged destination wedding. Michele and her team are the ones who made all of it possible – combining our DIY Pinterest projects with professional event execution to create a truly personalized, romantic and memorable wedding. Awesome Caribbean Weddings met and exceeded its name and our expectations!

Profile Picture Alecia, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines

We had an amazing wedding in St. Lucia and it would not have been possible without the support and love from the group at Awesome Caribbean Weddings. It took a lot to put my trust in to someones hands that I would not be able to meet until 3 days before the wedding, but I am blessed to have found Fenella as our wedding coordinator. She was so quick and responsive with our emails back and forth. She helped to get me excited and keep me from being a nervous wreck on the day of our wedding. I truly appreciate all her help in this process. Dani was an absolute joy to work with. She was relaxed and edgy and exactly the kind of photographer to have around to get you the pictures of a lifetime. The wedding with a view location was beyond belief! My family and I still talk about how fascinating the location was. We couldnt take our eyes of the beautiful Piton mountains. The view was just magical and perfect for what we were hoping to give our friends and family for traveling so long and far. What a great wedding venue and company! Thank you Awesome Caribbean Weddings for helping us start off our marriage with such beauty and grace. We really could not have asked for a better experience than what you gave us.

Profile Picture Mannikka, 8/8/15, 1 Review