AVRfilms Reviews

37 | San Jose, CA

37 Reviews for AVRfilms

Cristy · Married on 06/04/2016

Dave is awesome! He was our videographer for our wedding earlier this month. He was very professional, fun and easy going. I felt very comfortable and relaxed around him. He worked well with our photographer too. He also brought his drone along! My husband and I were very pleased with Dave and his staff and happy we hired Dave to capture our big day! We're so excited to see our video!

David was simply fantastic. He captured all of the special moments of our wedding and was an absolute pleasure to work with. During our initial phone call, he patiently walked us through the entire videography process and how he and his team would capture our special day. His timely follow up and prompt response to questions made us feel confident and he had our 100% trust during the wedding. Lastly, he worked very well with our photographer and was able to delicately balance the needs of photography and videography in a short time frame. Thank you David for capturing the moments of our wedding day! We wholeheartedly recommend you and your work to any prospective clients.

Andrea · Married on 10/10/2015

David and his team shot our wedding at a winery on October 10th. He was very sweet and took the time to work with me and our photographer to make sure everyone got the shots they wanted/needed. He had some very artistic 'scenes' that I can't wait to see on video. The most fun part was he brought a drone! A drone!! We will have aerial shots of our wedding. What a special vantage point that will bring!

Eric · Married on 10/08/2015

David is awesome. Not only he has an eye for good sceneries, lighting, action to capture the most precious moments, he is also very good at interacting with the subjects, making everyone feeling natural, comfortable, and remain in the moment. We had the honor of having him as our wedding videographer and the footages that were captured was amazing.

Thank you, David, for also turning the videos over so quickly. We really appreciate it.

P.S. Thanks for the suggestions for honeymoon as well!! :)

Megan · Married on 08/22/2015

David and his team at AVR Films are AMAZING! They were just the videographer at our August 2015 wedding and working with them was a pleasure. Very kind/nice, professional and easy to work with and get in touch with in the days and weeks leading up to the wedding day. Many people asked if I had a videographer that night and I take that as a very good sign - they were getting tons of shots and footage, but were not obtrusive in any way; never "stealing the show". David even took some still shots and sent them to us! It was truly the best day of our lives and we can't wait to relive it over and over every time we press "play"!! We can't wait to get the video from them!!

Highly recommend springing for a wedding videographer and highly recommend David and AVR Films for the job!

Lindsey · Married on 09/05/2014

I used David for my wedding on September 5th and could not be more impressed with his professionalism, calm demeanor and ability to always be in the right place at the right time. I had researched many videographers and was very picky in my selection process After watching David work with another bride and watching his previous videos, I knew I found "the one". He is so wonderful to work with and has such a positive and inviting personality. He also brought his assistant William who was just as great to work with. They both captured so many moments that as a bride you can't always be a part of.

I would recommend David and William to anyone I know getting married. I can't say enough about their beautiful work.

• O

Olga · Married on 03/29/2014

David is the best of the best ..... We were 3 weeks before the weeding and still didn't have videographer. I started calling different people from yelp. Some didn't return call and others took 1 week to call back .David called me back in less than 30 min he said he was available for our day so we booked appointment with him. Since this was our first wedding having in the family I was unaware of the procedures . David helped me organize a timeline that would be helpful that day he gave me different tips of how to so thing and at the end we both agreed. He is in your event walking you thru steps since day 1. His photos were awesome love all the help he have us and the amazing work he did . He did more than what was in the agreement. Love his personality and effort in helping us keep in track. Even with so short notice we were able to make everything work perfectly. I am greatful that I was able to find David for our special moment since this is going to be a memory of our lifetime and wanted to have it to rember it in years from now. Thank you David so much for all your great help I didn't know how I would of done it without you. When ever I need someone again I know exactly who I'm going to be calling

Cassandra · Married on 10/12/2013

Being a television producer in San Francisco it was difficult for me to let go of control for the video shoot of one of the most important days of my life. AVR Films was so professional and produced such quality material that I was completely comfortable letting go and knew that in David's hands everything would turn out WONDERFUL!!!

He took time to talk with me multiple times prior to the big day and explained to me all that he had envisioned as well as took time to find out what I was looking for (he even gave me some ideas on what could enhance my wedding video like the reading of letters my husband and I wrote to each other before the wedding). With their multiple cameras and high quality equipment AVL Films is on the cutting edge however what makes them more than just a production company is how much they care about each of their couples. David genuinely wanted to know about my husband and I and wanted to help make our day special and memorable.

On the day of the wedding he was so calm and he made me relax and feel confident that everything was going to work out. He brought his video team along with the most amazing and sweet photographer, Rachel Capil! They were all so on top of everything I felt like I didn't need to worry about a thing, I didn't need to give any direction they just did it :)!!! I feel like I may have been a very difficult bride to please in this area but AVL Films exceeded all of my expectations and I couldn't be happier :)!

Montse · Married on 08/03/2013

David and his team are literally as good as it gets. We received complements from both our guests and other vendors (including the venue's wedding coordinator) on how professional he and his team were.
    He did not want to miss anything - unfortunately, the photographers did not make it to the bride (me) before the event. David noticed this and had one of his team members to take pictures of me instead of the photographers. He not only did his job, but he also made sure that I would get the full package of my wedding from the photographers - he really cares about providing the best memories to the groom and the bride.
    I'm so, so lucky I was able to book David for my weeding! My wedding pictures and video would most likely be incomplete otherwise.
    David brought 2 more people along with him and we did not notice any of them the whole day. They were just doing their job, not bothering any of the guests, other vendors or the newly weds.
    Just a couple of days after the wedding, he was already ready to share with us some amazing pictures of the ceremony.
    If you want the best value and quality, this is it, no need to search for more. Just make sure to book him early enough, chances are that he will be busy on your special day.

Kellie · Married on 06/29/2013

David and his team are fantastic! They do amazing work and were great to work with the day of and the months of planning! The team makes you feel so special as the bride and captures amazing images! The video was awesome and so nice to watch and see all the things you missed as the bride and groom! I highly recommend David and his team! They are the best!

Katie · Married on 06/15/2013

David Ethridge is without a doubt one of the most talented cinematographers. This is a huge compliment coming from me seeing that I studied film and looked at over 25 wedding videographers before deciding to hire David. Once I saw David's work, I feel in love... I knew that I couldn't have any other videographer film my wedding.

David and his team went above and beyond to ensure that my wedding video was flawless. David came the day before to my rehearsal at no additional charge. He familiarized himself every detail of my wedding and was beyond prepared.

The day of the wedding I felt 100% confident and comfortable with David and his team. They showed up 2 hours early to film the bridal party getting ready and every little detail at the venue. David's warm personality is a HUGE bonus. What bride doesn't want a videographer that makes you smile and can get along with anyone?

David, knowing that I am passionate about editing, offered to give me the raw footage in addition to the 2 wedding videos he edited for me. Being the impatient person that I am, David let me see the 17 minute video that he created (the disk with everything on it is being mailed). I WAS BLOWN AWAY and could not have asked for a better video. David created a beautiful montage of my wedding day. He intercut the ceremony with the reception and it truly is the work of a talented artist.

Now, let's talk business... Unlike most photographers and videographers David stays until he gets all of the shots that he needs. He is not focused on getting paid over time but rather providing amazing videos for his clients. Because David is so wonderful he is in high demand so book him early! David will take the time to make your video perfect. He does not follow a formula and every video is unique. I was BEYOND impressed that he was able to finish everything 2 months earlier then expected and I could see the countless hours that he put into the film.

AnneMarie · Married on 02/02/2013

Hiring Dave & AVR Films was the BEST wedding decision that I made. He and his team were an absolute dream to work with. Dave worked directly with me on the wedding day (prior to our ceremony). My bridesmaids adored him and we were all impressed by his ability to fade into the background, while still capturing the memorable, special, and sentimental moments.

Dave and his team were professional, spirited, kind hearted and accommodating. Looking back at the whole wedding experience, there was never a moment when I felt his cameras were intruding on my day. In fact, there were actually many times when I didn't even notice him and his talented team doing their stellar work.

My husband and I often reflect on our entire wedding day and one moment always sticks out in our mind. After our ceremony, our photographer and Dave took pictures of us inside and around the church. They suggested that we take some photos in front of a brightly painted red wall (which ended up looking AMAZING). My husband and I were doing different poses against the wall and we looked down and saw Dave---- lying on his side IN a street gutter, legs spread out, one arm propping him up, fully within the dirty San Francisco gutter--- taking the most BEAUTIFUL VIDEO and PHOTOS ever! That is true commitment. My husband and I still laugh about that to this day.

Although we haven't seen the final wedding movie yet (it's only been 1 month since our wedding), Dave has sent us numerous e-mail updates about the progress of our wedding video. We appreciate the open communication and professionalism.

I have several friends getting married this summer and they asked me, "what's the most important advice you have?" I always tell them right away--- HIRE a videographer!!! The whole days flies by!

If you're lucky--- you will have Dave's creative work to watch time and time again. He's the best!

Patrick · Married on 01/31/2013

Absolutely amazing job done by AVR Films!! David and staff went above and beyond for our special day! One of the most good hearted people we have ever meet, instantly a friend! The video (more like a film) is a true work of art! We have seen plenty of wedding videos over the years but none quite like AVR Films, captured every emotion, Outstanding to say the least!!!! Look no further to have the Best take care of your videographer needs! Thank you very much David and staff at AVR Films!!!

Patrick · Married on 01/31/2013

Lianne · Married on 10/13/2012

This is the videographer you want to book for your wedding. He’s talented, helpful, professional, reliable and experienced. When we met David for the first time and viewed his work, we knew we didn’t have to look any further and booked him right away. Do you know he was the first and only videographer we met? He is so talented and so passionate about making films – you see it in the videos and you see it on his face when he’s watching along with you. From our initial meeting, to the rehearsal, to the wedding and receiving the end product, my husband and I couldn’t have been happier. Hands down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Thank you David for caring and for capturing our story on film. You gave us the gift of not only allowing us to enjoy our wedding experience over and over again but enabling us to pass this along to our children someday.

Kristen · Married on 07/20/2012

David Etheridge is a top notch Videographer. Initially, I was somewhat skeptical about filming our wedding. Mostly because I thought it might be intrusive or feel awkward to have all the cameras around. On our wedding day, the only thing I recall was David filming while I was in the bridal suite, but after that, he just blended in with the guests. Not intrusive or awkward at all! My husband and I saw our video for the first time today. I'm not typically a crier, but I had to pause the video at one point because I couldn't keep the tears away. He did an amazing job at capturing our venue, our guests, our vows, etc. We expected a professional quality of our video -and that's exactly what we got. By far, this is the best money we spent on our wedding! We highly recommend him.

Cyndi · Married on 07/07/2012

Dave and AVR films was recommended to us for wedding videography and we are so glad they were there to capture our wedding at Nesltdown this year. Dave is an all-around nice guy and he went above and beyond for us in many ways. It has truly been a pleasure to work with him.

Our package included an engagement session. Even though we had to reschedule our engagement shoot two times and Dave was incredibly patient and flexible with us. We coordinated with Dave and our photographer to have our engagement shoot in Berkeley. Given that Dave had never been to our location before, he got to the site 2 hours before us and scouted out the best places. He was waiting with a camera and a smile when we arrived. We had a great engagement shoot and he sent us amazing stills and photos within the next week, just like he said he would.

On the day of the wedding, Dave came to film us getting the ready in the morning. He had so many different gadgets to capture different shots. Throughout the wedding, his team worked together beautifully with our photographers and we barely noticed they were there. Dave also put together our wedding slideshow for us and mixed it with engagement show footage. Our friends and family had a lot of fun watching it at the reception!

After the wedding, he posted a few of our wedding pictures or stills on Facebook and we were amazed by the images. (Some of them were even better than our photographers!) We were very lucky that we had two talented teams of photographers and videographers to capture all of our wedding memories.

We are looking forward to receiving our wedding video within a month and can't wait to see the finished product. Dave loves what he does and it truly shows in his work. I'm sure the video will be amazing.

Denise · event on: 10/29/2011

I had the absolute pleasure to once again to work with David Ethridge of AVR Films on
    ‘A Celebration of Life’ Dinner Dance Silent Auction Fundraiser produced by The Fattal Foundation.
    We rely on David to create our Annual Documentary for our Fundraiser, and knowing David as an amazing Videographer, of course we are always extremely pleased with his professionalism, style, and creativity.
    David’s experience is very valuable and he continues to capture what is intriguing with sending the full experience of The Fattal Foundation to our guests.
    As not just a Client, but also as a Certified Wedding & Event Coordinator - I highly recommend David and his Staff, which I and have enjoyed working with over the past 10 years on all types of events.
    The value to be at ease knowing that my Clients and I are in excellent care with a truly nice person is priceless.

Denise Fattal
    The Fattal Foundation, President
    ‘bringing awareness and support to bone marrow transplants’

• Aaron

Aaron · Married on 10/09/2011

We were completely satisfied and impressed as well as grateful to have been able to work with David Ethridge and his team.

Right from the start we looked at online videos and were drawn to the elegance, attention to detail, and comfortable transitions that AVR films displayed. We were then blown away by the genuine person that David is, the high quality of equipment that he uses, and his own personal integrity and passion for his work.

Before our wedding day, he took the time to get to know us and understand the kind of wedding ceremony and reception we were planning. He arrived early at our site to make sure he could capture footage of the winery and did some really creative shots like a time lapse of the sun setting and stars/moon coming out. Throughout the day the entire AVR films team (3 videographers) were flexible, never obtrusive, and worked seamlessly with our other vendors. One of the great things about AVR films is that their equipment allows them to take high quality photos in the midst of their filming.

By the next day David had uploaded over 100 beautiful images of our wedding on facebook that we were able to share with our friends and family. We received many compliments on how artistically the pictures had been taken. A week later we had planned an East Coast reception and David was able to put together a video of our vows that we could show to our guests. He went above and beyond by staying up all night to make the necessary edits.

It was about a month before our wedding that we found out a co-worker had also worked with AVR films for her sister's wedding and highly recommended them for their flawless work and calming presence. We felt confident that we were in good hands and our experience has confirmed this and exceeded our expectations in every way.

Thank you David for capturing the beauty of our special day, you have our highest recommendation.

chakameh · Married on 08/20/2011

David Ethridge and his team did the videography for our wedding this past August at the Westin St Francis in SF.

David's passion for vidoegraphy exudes over the phone the minute you talk to him. During our initial consult, David spent an hour over the phone and so patiently answered every question we had. We even discussed the different cameras and types of films in detail and he so enthusiastically helped us fine tune our package while keeping us under budget.

The day of the wedding, David and his team arrived on-site earlier than the time stated in our contract just to have enough time for setup. David also brought in a third videographer at no additional cost to ensure both ceremony and reception were well covered. Him and his crew were very friendly and made us feel extremely comfortable in front of the cameras. David himself is especially such a delight to be around and my husband and I very much enjoyed having him and his crew capture our big day.

The day after our wedding, David uploaded about 70 images from our wedding and provided us with the link on facebook to share with our family and friends. They were all so artistic and beautiful, capturing lots of details and some of the finest, most emotional moments.

David is working on our video and we cant wait to see the final product but with his artistic vision, level of knowledge and enthusiasm, we are well assured that the rest of our experience will be just as great.

Thank you so much David and the AVR team!

Jennifer · Married on 07/30/2011

I would definitely recommend David Ethridge, at AVR Films, as your wedding videographer. David and his team members are all so friendly, flexible and easy to work with. My husband and I decided to do a special revealing prior to our ceremony and take some of the family and bridal party pictures early. David went out of his way to come early to insure he captured every aspect of our wedding day. David had a team of assistants with him as well to make sure all of the details were covered. He had his assistant videotaping our guests at cocktail hour while he was with us getting our portrait shots. He and our photographer worked together to create such fun romantic pictures of my husband and me. David created an album of still pictures he captured using his camera and they are incredible. I can’t wait to see the finished video in just a few weeks! Thank you very much David for all your hard work!

Jessica · Married on 06/18/2011

I was referred to Dave by my wedding coordinator Duncan Reyes and we pretty much hired him after our first conversation! Right off the bat you can tell Dave had a great personality. He is so easy to talk to and is thorough on explaining everything whether about his style, his vision, or the equipment (which is all top of the line. Not only does he capture video, he also captures still photos! What more can you ask for?). We had a fantastic experience with him as our videographer, from our Love Story shoot to our tear-jerker slide show and now we cannot WAIT to see our wedding footage! Thank you Dave, Brian and Richard you guys were more than awesome - you guys made it an EPIC wedding! Thank you guys for capturing our dream day, staying with us all day and hanging with our crazy crew of a Bridal Party LOL. WE LOVE AVR FILMS! and fellow Brides out there, you will too! Do not underestimate the value of video ladies and gents. Not only are photos left with you after all is said and done, video can turn back time and bring you back there again...

Christina · Married on 05/28/2011

David and his team were absolutely wonderful to work with and our wedding movie was amazing! From the beginning, David made sure my fiancée and I felt comfortable and he provided a really fun and relaxed atmosphere where we could be ourselves . He took us to this beautiful and remote beach near Santa Cruz and it was the best surprise for us! He really wanted to capture us as a couple , being in the moment and not stage unrealistic scenes. Right away, my fiancée and I felt like we were on a date and it just so happens that it was caught on film, that's how at ease David makes you feel.

Moving on to the wedding, David and his team not only met our expectations, they went above and beyond. My fiancée and I both felt that his team did an excellent job! We received so many compliments from our guests that David and his team were filming everywhere, making sure not to miss a thing! They were so professional and even stayed past the negotiated time we had in our contract. Once we viewed our wedding video, my wife and I felt like we were celebrities! The quality of his work was outstanding and we loved watching the video, made us relieve the whole day all over. We put our trust in David with our wedding and he did not let us down. Thank you for such an exceptional experience!

Jenn · Married on 05/06/2011

Dave was my videographer for my wedding in May and he was so wonderful to work with. He was extremely flexible and so easy to get along with. I really enjoyed working with him and his team. His package even included to video at rehearsal.
    I'm so glad that I went with AVR films and my fiance and I got to experience first hand working with Dave. If you are looking for the best of the best then I suggest checking out AVR films. Their work is amazing and the guys are incredible.

Linda · Married on 03/12/2011

Thinking of only getting a photographer and no videography? Think again! I hope by the end of my review, I have convinced you that you should contact Dave Ethridge and AVR!

Words cannot express how HAPPY we are to have hired Dave and AVR to be our videographers for our March 2011 wedding. We first met Dave about 2 years before our wedding, Dave is an incredibly nice person, who 100% loves what he does and cares about your wedding! (I contacted several other videographers and none of them seemed to care as much as Dave.) His equipment is also top notch! ;)

Two years came and went, next thing we knew it was our rehearsal. Dave showed up promptly and I was in for a treat. First off, Dave showed up with some extra fancy gear...a sliding camera on rails. YEP! He brought in MOVIE equipment...told you his gear was top notch! He spares no expense when it comes to filming your wedding!!! Second, he was extremely professional and he is so good at what he does, it didn't even seem like he was in the room, at times. Third, it was so nice to have someone there to film your rehearsal :) (None of the others I spoke to offered this service in their packages.)

Wedding day came and Dave surprised us again! He brought along Brian and Ryan Black! WE ARE SO THANKFUL TO HAVE EACH OF THEM AT OUR WEDDING...THANKS DAVE!!! :) This trio of videographers were AWESOME to work with - professional, nice, fun, and they work so hard and truly enjoy their craft! My husband and I cannot wait to see their video and cannot THANK them enough for being there to capture on video every moment part of our day, especially me!

My husband surprised me with a harpist for the ceremony. However, I was Captain Obvious and completely didn't notice her until my husband pointed her out during the recessional. When I found out, I gasped in shock and had the world's ugliest cry! In retrospect, I am SO HAPPY that we hired Dave and his team, because I get to hear my walk down the aisle to the harpist that I didn't hear the first time and then I get to relive my wonderful surprise!

Not to mention, Dave was there to capture our ceremony, speeches, toasts and other moments I'm sure I missed because our day went by so fast!

And did I mention that Dave and his team are extremely detail oriented. They took the time and patience to capture every detail we had in our wedding - our Lego Eiffel Tower foyer, our wedding stationary, our wedding jewelry, my dress (he spent a good 10 minutes or more on it), my shoes, etc.

To make this long review short. Want my advice?

Hire a videographer, but not any videographer...hire AVR. They are like ninjas with a videocamera. And the best part, they are the nicest, coolest, people to work with! You won't regret it!!!

THANKS AGAIN, Dave, Brian and Ryan for being there to capture such a magical day for us!!!! :) Cannot wait to see our video!!!