68 Reviews for AVR Photography & Video

Proofs (2)
Engagement Shoot (1)
Albums (1)
68 AVR Photography & Video Reviews

We used AVR for our photos and video for our wedding 10/14/17. They were amazing!!! They were on time, very professional, and got right to work getting us amazing shots. In what can be a very crazy hectic time trying to get all the shots you want our photographer Paul Tuccelli was amazing at giving us directions and keeping everyone focus, getting all photos done on time. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and the photos are amazing! Our videographer was also amazing and an absolute pleasure to work with. Very kind and so good at his job that most guess didn’t even realize the were being recorded. That to me was pretty awesome! I can’t wait to see the video and I know it will be great. I was literally stress free all day and they were a huge part of that! They are also extremely affordable, which if I had not found them I would not have been able to afford video for my wedding. I will be highly recommending them to everyone I know getting married!

Photos
Profile Picture Melissa, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

I can't say enough about Paul & his AVR crew...they are truly amazing! We got married in September and received our photos & video in less than a month! Paul's enthusiasm and energetic personality are infectious. He managed our 19-person wedding party like a pro, making the simplest (and craziest) moments light-hearted and memorable. We always knew it would be special to have a video to look back on (…on our anniversary, on Valentine’s Day, on a random Tuesday when you get kicked off Hulu by one of your siblings...), but I didn't fully appreciate how meaningful it would be until we watched it. I couldn’t believe how many little details & special moments that we either forgot, or didn’t see! Fortunately, Paul & his team were able to capture every precious minute :) Thank you!!

Profile Picture Mollie, 9/16/17, 1 Review
3.1

Marian was very attentive and despite having some miscommunication prior to the wedding, he showed up early and stayed much later than expected. As far as how everything was handled the day of, it was near flawless. Marian was friendly and made everything go smooth and stress free. However after the wedding, we waited a longer than expected to receive the photos. Many of the photos were unflattering and all were unedited. Some of the shots weren't clear, had bright flashes, or were taken from poor angles. There were multiple communication failures on their part (not keeping us up to date on late photos, sending them to the wrong address etc.) At first, the responses to our critiques were disappointing to say the least. They were being contentious and defensive when we expressed out concerns, which lead to an escalation of our critiques and a snowball effect of unprofessional communication. HOWEVER, things have settled out, both sides have calmed down, and AVR has realized their mistakes and are owning up to them. They've even gone as far as to promise to go back and re-edit our photos to try and make them better.

AVR Photography had great value, but must have had an off day on our wedding. We weren't completely happy with how the photos turned out, and AVR has some work to do to improve their communications. But ultimately, and arguably most importantly, they have the customers interest at heart. They also understand where they need to improve and clearly strive for excellence. Honestly at this point, I'm on the fence if I would recommend them to a friend, but I can positively say that they care about what they do and will go to great lengths to make the customer happy and satisfied.

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We booked Paul T. to shoot our wedding day in mid-July. He was really wonderful, working well with us and our families. It was not easy with 2 different types of cultural ceremonies at residence, a quick trip to the trail, and reception at a restaurant off location. But Paul got it all. We enjoyed his professionalism, experience, pleasant manner, and skillful photos. Thank you, Paul! We also had a great time meeting with Paul the owner of AVR at the studio for a studio shoot. He was fun and responsive. Our whole experience with AVR was great. Thanks!

Profile Picture Chau, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had a fantastic engagement shoot with Marian. He was awesome to work with. We had a bunch of different shots to choose from and he used a lot of different techniques as well. He brought some assistants with him to ensure that every shot he took was amazing! He spent over an hour with us and we had 200+ photos to choose our faves from! I would highly recommend him to anyone. He is actually the one who will be shooting our wedding in June. Our engagement session was in November....I know, this is a little late.

Profile Picture Katie, 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot

So convient to get the DJ and Photographer from the same place, and the prices were great! Also everyone we delt with was the perfect combination of professional and friendly. The DJ was great and kept everyone entertained and the photographer captured everything.

Profile Picture Diana, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Photography

Service was fantastic! Very nice and easy to work with, and of course great prices! My only complaint was that the light seemed too bright in some of the pictures but that was corrected later so it all worked out!

Profile Picture User4466266, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

AVR Photography went above and beyond their service. Paul and his staff were completely professional and show a great interest in making sure we had a wonderful wedding day. Their quality and rapid turn-around to get us our photos and video was remarkable! We understand why they've been in business for over 30 years! Highly recommend for your wedding day!!

Profile Picture User7539321, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

I had booked AVR for our photography before even having officially chosen a venue. I met Paul at a Bridal Show that turned out to be my venue. AVR was the first vendor I stop to speak with. Paul immediately had me captivated. He showed my bridal party and I his work, wedding albums, and prices. I booked him the very next day! I emailed him several times and he was always quick to respond. A week before my wedding I decided to book AVR for videography. It was the best decision I have ever made. My wedding took place on Sept. 4, 2016. We had both video and photography for 6 hrs. Paul ended up being the videographer. He was very engaging and had the best personality throughout the night. Our pictures came out beautiful they were shot by Marion and an intern. The video however, blew the photos out of the water. We laughed and cried. Every magical moment was captured. We had 100 guests and they showed up plenty of times throughout the video. It was evident Paul was any and everywhere there was action. We were so pleased with the services. Pictures arrived 10-14 days after the wedding we had close to 1000 shots. The video arrived about a month after the wedding. The video was worth every penny! I can't recall how long the video is I was worried it would be short but it was far from it. I was pleased with the length of the video and I just want to watch it over and over again. If I had to do it again, I would pick AVR all over again. The prices are unbeatable and believe it or not, no hidden fees. Forever thankful to Paul for making our special night one we will never forget!

Profile Picture User5258532, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

So glad we decided to go with AVR for our videography. It was just what we wanted, a video of the entire ceremony, some of the details, and the entrances and dances, along with some of the dance party too. We were able to customize the video with a few songs of our choice. Thanks!

Profile Picture Jill, 9/4/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

We couldn't thank AVR Photography for our wedding we had Marian and Mike. They did an amazing job. Any thing that we wanted they did for us with no questions asked. Marian also did our engagement photos in the park and they were amazing also.

Profile Picture User6527854, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

We got married on 8/13/16 and were very unsure if we were going to get video because we were paying for the wedding all on our own and had a smaller budget. All I really wanted was my ceremony taped. However, I could not find anyone to do this for us. We came across AVR photography/videography and Paul gave us a great price for 3 hours of video. I thought that this sounded perfect. About two weeks before the wedding, we had made the decision that we were willing to spend the money to have our entire wedding filmed. Paul told us that it was no problem at all. When the dvd was finally mailed to us, we were very happy with the finished product and the decision to have our entire wedding filmed. The quality was great and well put together. I was nervous that I would not be able to make out my vows on the video because I talk really quiet and we didn’t have mics. However, I was able to hear myself very clearly. There were not a lot of bells and whistles to the video but we were not looking for that. We just wanted a good quality video that captured our wedding and that is exactly what we got! I would definitely recommend Paul and AVF to anyone that wants a nice keepsake of their special day.

Meagan and Jordan

Profile Picture Meagan, 8/13/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

When talking with Paul on the phone we felt very comfortable with what we were going to be getting for a service. We met Paul and our photography John, and liked the direction in which they wanted to go with the pictures. We decided to have a videographer as well, since we knew the day was going to be a complete blur to us. John took a bunch of photos of us that day, and all the pictures were amazing. We had a tough time picking which photos we liked the best. The video was great, and caught almost all the great moments we had. Only regret he didn't take a video of us taking pictures of the city skyline as we had everyone passing by honking their horns at us. Would have been fun to see on video. Other than that video captured so many moments that we wanted to see again. With the photos and video we know we will be able to relive the day.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 4/16/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Proofs, High-Res Images

I can not say enough about how wonderful Paul and Marion are! They were so great to work with durring the planning process and really helped me figure out what I was looking for. Marion took so many wonderful pictures it was almost impossible to decide which ones to use in our wedding album (which is also amazing!). The video Paul took is great and it is wonderful to have all of our special moments on film! The price was amazing and we got everything we wanted and more! I would highly recomend AVR Photography to anyone looking for a photographer or videographer for their wedding! So pleased! 5 stars all the way!

Profile Picture V, 12/6/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs

AVR photography was amazing with everyone at the wedding from the older generation right to my 4 year daughter who has endless energy. Marion is the name of the photographer for our wedding, and I would like to know his secret to getting my daughter to stand still long enough to get such excellent photos. He was happy to take suggestions from anyone at the wedding, and was beyond professional, and still managed to keep everyone laughing while doing his job. My best man readily took charge with suggestions, and Marion quickly responded and coordinated rather get defesive with my best man for even better photos. When my bride and i first met with the photographer we asked him to just have fun, and even experiment with any new ideas he may have for candid, and posed pictures. He took that request to heart and most definitely had alot of fun with all kinds of pictures in all settings that were available to us, and even had some great ideas for generational photos that my bride and I will most definitely treasure.

Profile Picture Christopher, 10/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Marion & Paul were exceptionally professional. They made sure to capture many our of special moments and were very attentive. I would recommend AVR Photography if you are looking for reasonable prices and beautiful pictures for your special occasion. Lisa

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

My husband and I recently got married and had a Fall wedding. When looking for an affordable wedding photographer, we were becoming discouraged until we came upon AVR photography. We had planned our entire wedding on a budget and were not about to spend $3,000 on photography alone. We met with Paul and he was great! Marian was our photographer for our wedding day and we were so happy with him and his services. He was nice, easy going and made taking photos fun. He had some fun props he used to get my niece (flower girl, 5 years old) and my nephew (ring bearer, 3 years old), to smile and giggle. Our photos came out great! We are very happy with them and would highly recommend this company. Not only are they affordable, but they are nice and easy to work with.

Profile Picture User5542353, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

When browsing for photographers for our wedding, my fiancé and I were feeling discouraged--until we saw AVR photgraphy. This company is a GREAT value as well as great quality. We had Marian shoot our engagment shoot and he was extremely professional while being fun and putting my fiancé and I at ease. Paul was very easy to get in contact with and was extremely flexible and went above and beyond to help us get what we were looking for. Excellent work and we are super happy with our pictures and I can't wait for our wedding day. II would choose them again in a heart beat!

Profile Picture User5356214, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Pictures came out wonderful and were posted fast! Great prices!!! We are happy with our video too! The photographer arrived on time the day of the wedding and was very professional.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/20/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files
3.0

My husband and I were married in the summer of 2015. We had Marion as a Photographer, and overall, he took decent shots of our wedding. We have 800+ photographs that we received on a disc, and of those, we received hundreds of nice photographs of my bridesmaids and I. There are some nice shots of my husband and I, but not as many as I expected. During our initial meeting, I was shown portfolios of weddings that displayed creative group and couple shots as well. I assumed that these were the types of poses that Marion would use with my group. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of creativity used with my photos. I even specifically remember him talking about how he likes to be creative when doing the large bridal party shots. I was disappointed when his direction for these photos consisted of him calling out "change pose, change pose, change pose" repeatedly after each shot he took. That was really all the direction we got for our full bridal party shots. In that moment, there is so much going on, you don't want to have to worry about posing your own wedding party.
Another thing that I was actually extremely disappointed about was the lack of photos of my husband and his groomsmen. As I said previously, I have literally hundreds of photos with my bridesmaids. Of 800+ photos I received 8 photos of my husband and his groomsmen! Of those, only one of them is actually usable. I contacted Paul to see if he could fix at least one of the 7 photos by replacing the face of someone blinking with their face from a different photo. He tried, but he sent me a photo that was worse than the original. I contacted him to fix it, and I still haven't heard back. This was over 3 months ago. Overall, if photography or creative/candid shots are important to you, spend more money on it. The saying "You get what you pay for" rings true here. The photos/video weren't "bad", but I wish I spent more money on them.

Profile Picture Meaghan, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files
4.7

We had Marian as our photographer. He was awesome. He came 1/2 hr early to get things going. It was all about us and what we wanted. Very attentive and our pics came to us within a week. Love how they came out. Thank you guys so much for everything.
Dorcas Garcia and Stephen Terroy

Profile Picture Dorcas, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our wedding was on May 23 2015 in Ipswich, MA and I couldn't be happier with Avr Photogaphy. They are amazing! The pictures came out beautiful! We had two photographers and they did a great job. They were funny they made everyone laugh and made us and our guests feel comfortable. Our guests loved them. They did a great job taking pics of our guests having fun. I feel sad that I forgot their names :( ...I will definitely recommend Avr Photography for the price and the value of their service and pictures, no other photography company can beat them. They are that amazing. Keep up the good work!

Profile Picture Militza, 5/23/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Photography

Paul and his staff were great! We originally weren't budgeting for video but he gave us a great deal and we couldn't pass it up - they were on time and professional - we can't wait to see the footage they captured!

Profile Picture Clarice & Evan, 5/16/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Videography

Used AVR for Photo and Video. Response time very quick and photos/ video came back fast. Photo Booth was great and up lighting worked very well with our venue! Paul responded well to our feedback and was willing to help in any way possible! He took into consideration our thoughts and feelings and we appreciate all he did! Cant wait to see the album!

Profile Picture Katie , 10/12/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography

Our wedding was on 9/19/14. A friend of mine had told me about AVR photography they had done the photos for her sisters wedding. I wanted a photographer that had high quality and wasn't going to cost an arm and a leg. I was very pleased with Tom our photographer from AVR he was friendly and funny. I love our photographs, he knew exactly how to work with what sunlight was left after my ceremony. My photographs came out beautiful! I would 100% recommend AVR for anyone looking for a photographer!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews