Avila Lighthouse Suites Reviews

10 | Avila Beach, CA

10 Reviews for Avila Lighthouse Suites

Kristin · Married on 08/09/2017

Rehearsal Dinner Venue

We held our rehearsal dinner at the Lighthouse Suites and had a wonderful experience planning and executing our event with their team. Everyone we worked with was responsive and professional. The event space itself was also perfect for our event. We definitely recommend as a rehearsal space and also as a hotel for your wedding guests.

Sent on 06/08/2020

jen · Married on 11/05/2016

Our family stayed at Avila Lighthouse Suites for our wedding weekend and we hosted a beer and wine welcome night here as well. Sarah and Alicia were an absolute pleasure to work with throughout the planning process and every one of our guests raved about how sweet and friendly the entire staff was. We will definitely be back!! This hotel is in the perfect locations, tons to do within walking distance, and has a beautiful room on site perfect for large group gatherings!

Sent on 11/10/2016

The most amazing people to work with made our wedding day perfect and stress free had everything to the T we requested and we had surprises. Cant wait for our 10 year to do it all over again. Thanks so much.

Sent on 09/26/2015

Michelle · Married on 08/02/2014

Beautiful venue! Helpful staff Nd event coordinators from beginning to end. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a beach wedding on the central coast.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Patsy · Married on 04/26/2014

I wish I can give more than just 5 stars. I have to say that Kaitlyn & Krysta at Avila Lighthouse Suites were awesome, beyond awesome. They worked so hard to make sure our day was perfect. I appreciate all the hard work and patience that they have. Perfect customer service here. I will definitely be returning to Avila Lighthouse Suites.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Justine · Married on 12/21/2011

I LOVED having my wedding at Avila Lighthouse Suites!! It could not have been any better. Cayse was absolutely wonderful to work with!!! I planned my wedding from Oregon and Cayse was so helpful. Not only was she responsive to my emails but she also helped me with choosing my other vendors. I would never dream of having my wedding anywhere else!! I loved it and all of my guests did too!!

Sent on 01/06/2012

Candice · Married on 06/23/2012

Cayse did an amazing job. The beach ceremony was beautiful and very organized. I enjoyed working with all the staff to make my day very special.

Sent on 06/25/2012

SHEY · Married on 11/12/2011

WE COULDN'T ASK FOR A MORE PERFECT VENUE. THE STAFF WORKED HARD TO MAKE OUR DAY PERFECT.

Sent on 11/18/2011
  • Jane

Jane · Married on 10/14/2017

3.0

Too expensive for what was provided

I wanted to get married on the beach and they had the permit....Unfortunately the location allowed for the ceremony was in front of the playground/life guard tower which was NOT pretty in pictures. Also weird to have random people walking by in swimsuits during the ceremony.Venue itself had very few amenities....reception hall is very plain and requires A LOT of stuff to be brought it to make it feel festive and romantic. NO CATERING options and they don't even have a stove/oven so your caterer needs to rent an oven and bring it if they will need to warm anything for you- major pain in the butt. Can't have reception going on past 9 pm due to noise ordinances. Lots of staff turnover- i think i worked with 3 different event coordinators during the 9 months before our wedding. They kept changing room rates on our guests too. Ended up being much more than was quoted for our guest rooms. All in all, a lot of $ for what was provided.

Sent on 05/26/2020

Avila Lighthouse Suites's reply:

Hi Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about our venue and your experience. I’m sorry you feel this way now looking back to your beautiful day 2 ½ years ago. I specifically remember your wedding day and working with you each step of the way from our initial conversation to goodbye’s after your wedding. I’ve been the sales manager at Avila Lighthouse Suites for almost 5 years.

I wanted to touch on a few of your comments in particular. It’s true that getting married on the beach often means there will others enjoying the beach that day, especially if it’s nice weather which we so often have in Avila. That’s one of the reasons we discuss options and possible scenarios with all our couples prior to contracting, because there are some aspects of a beach ceremony we cannot control.

Did you know our reception space is one of the only indoor wedding venues on our coastline with full windows on each side and an adjoining outdoor patio? We’re proud that we can offer a space for couples that provides the comforts of being inside, but allows for guests to mingle on the patio and take in our beautiful surroundings while enjoying dinner. It’s quite typical in our area for catering companies to provide their own cooking/warming equipment, and some have this available at no extra cost to our couples – we’ve got some great recommendations!

Ultimately, I do wish that when you reflect on your gorgeous wedding day that it brings up happier thoughts. We truly loved working with you and taking special care of your guests. On behalf of everyone at Avila Lighthouse Suites, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for an anniversary trip soon!

Thanks so much,