Avery Ranch Golf Club Reviews

21 | Austin, TX

21 Reviews for Avery Ranch Golf Club

Tu · Married on 10/08/2016

Avery Ranch was absolutely wonderful! Scenic views for your wedding ceremony and reception.
    Literally every single staff was friendly and helpful. I have to give Autumn and Leah a huge shout out. These ladies are absolutely amazing! My wedding would have not been the same without these two ladies. They super responsive, helpful, and genuinely good people. They made my day as stress-free as possible. As a former wedding planning I worked at many venues that try to nickel-and-dime you for everything. Avery Ranch is the complete opposite. They will work with you and have a wonderful all-inclusive package. No matter what your wedding vision entails they can make it come to life. I highly recommend Avery Ranch!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Aimee · Married on 06/17/2016

Wonderful people here to deal with. Very organized and makes the whole process so easy at such a good price. EVERYTHING was really included in our price except the dress!
    Julian and his team are awesome.

Sent on 07/08/2016

Charlotte · Married on 11/07/2015

The venue was beautiful! Autumn and the whole staff were wonderful to work with.

Sent on 12/05/2015
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/20/2015

I loved this venue! I had an issue with weather and we ended up getting married in my reception area. The staff was fantastic. Autumn was truly amazing. She helped with our rehearsal, and she helped put me at ease. I called her numerous times, and showed up without an appointment many times as well. She was always very kind and helpful. If it weren't for her and her staff I would have never made it through this wedding.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Brandon · Married on 04/26/2014

Professional staff, excellent wedding coordination services, beautiful venue with amazing food. My wife and I are very critical and we wouldn't have changed anything; the weddings perferct. Thank you Avery Ranch!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Jackie · Married on 03/22/2014

From the moment we began working with the people at Avery Ranch, every single person we encountered was extremely friendly and helpful. They truly went out of their way to make us feel welcome and special. They accommodated last minute adjustments so flawlessly and were helpful to make suggestions that we did not even think of. It was our DJ who suggested we look into having our reception at Avery Ranch and I'm so glad he did! The planning staff, setup staff, and the staff who was with us during the reception were all wonderful, helpful and truly delightful to work with!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Rhonda · Married on 07/06/2013

This is a beautiful venue with incredibly friendly and professional staff. My contact was the lovely Ms Autumn Marks.
    I was very anxious about planning my wedding because everything was done long distance. I did not see the clubhouse or meet Ms Marks until 5 days before the event. Everything was exactly as advertised online. We had lots of food allergies and exclusions that were easily and respectfully addressed.
    I live in Colorado, and I would definitely make the trip to Addison again to have an opportunity to host an event at Avery Ranch Golf Club.

Sent on 03/27/2014

Julie · Married on 06/22/2013

My son's wedding at Avery Ranch Golf Club was amazing, I love the beautiful lake-front view and golf course landscape with many oak trees provide needed shade for a Summer Wedding.

The staff was professional & flexible, specially Autumn Marks, she was meticulous, knowledgeable & pleasant to work with.

Avery Ranch Golf Club is definitely a fantastic wedding venue for the price. Love it!

Sent on 03/23/2014
  • blakeandjanna

Janna · Married on 06/12/2010

Avery Ranch was just perfect for our reception. We had about 120 people and they all had a great time. The Lakeview Room features a dance floor, kitchen, it's own bathrooms, and a great terrace view of the lake. Kari was such a pleasure to work with. Very friendly and professional. Her team was extraordinary. They also have an area to have a small outdoor ceremony, which we used the backdrop for our pictures. We were so thrilled to work with such a fantastic team. I highly recommend Avery Ranch.

Sent on 06/29/2010

Morgan · Married on 07/30/2016

The venue was beautiful and everyone was great to work with!! Only problem we really had was trying to get ahold of someone to book a tee time for the groomsmen before the wedding.

Sent on 08/15/2016
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 11/06/2016

Autumn Pyka (was Marks, but she is a newlywed!) was our day of coordinator and our experience at Avery Ranch was amazing thanks to her. She made my day as stress-free as possible. We were supposed to have our ceremony overlooking the water outside by the beautiful arch, but unfortunately it rained on and off all day. Our florist had already set up our ceremony florals, so Autumn took down those florals in the rain and brought them inside to set-up in the club house which was our rain plan. She completely converted the room to where guests would have never thought that this was our Plan B. The last thing a bride wants is any last minute changes, but Autumn made these changes effortlessly and recreated such a beautiful indoor ceremony. She made sure to remind my husband and I to take everything in and to enjoy all those special little moments through out the day. Avery Ranch is such a beautiful venue, and their staff did everything they could to make sure my day was absolutely perfect and the way I wanted it to be.

Response time was slower at first, but we also booked our venue about a year in advanced, so I wasn't too bothered by it. I always received a response within a day or two. Once we were about two months out, I was receiving responses in such a timely matter, and was even able to text and call Autumn with any question at any time of day. She helped me with my timeline for the day and offered suggestions where I needed them. She coordinated with all of my vendors to make sure everyone arrived when they were supposed to and was their point of contact which made my day so much easier. If there were any other issues on the day, I'm unaware of them because everything ran so smoothly.

Sent on 12/11/2016

Adrianne · Married on 10/11/2014

We just had our wedding here, and it turned out perfectly. My guests were raving about what an awesome time they had.

The venue is beautiful: an arch overlooks the lake, there are lots of twisting trees, and the sunset doesn't end up in anyone's eyes. I had a nice long walk from the top of the steps down to my husband, and let me tell you, you definitely want to have a long aisle. The reception area is perfect; we had 130 guests and there was plenty of room to move around, mingle, dance, and escape to the patio when things got too exciting. They also make sure to stop golf carts from driving past when the wedding is going on (during the rehersal people drove past every 5 minutes, so we really appreciated that!)

They also took care of the catering, which was SO delicious, even better than when we sampled the food. When we went in for tastings, we felt very taken care of and everyone from the bartender to the cook were very honest and inviting, which we loved.

Little bumps during the rehearsal dinner and the wedding were addressed right away, and I wasn't stressed at all. Overall, it was a very relaxed feel, which is exactly what my husband and I wanted. We're so happy with how everything turned out.

My only complaint is that communication was a little off, and some things happened at the last minute. I think Autumn would benefit from having a scheduling assistant!

This venue is affordable, has plenty of parking, amazing food, and Autumn is a dream to work with (even when several family members were contacting her). Everyone we worked with was incredibly nice and helpful. I can't think of a way our wedding could have turned out any better. They even let us borrow a golf cart for the send-off!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Angel · Married on 11/27/2015

This is a beautiful venue, and Autumn was so willing to work with us - for what we specifically wanted. Like all Brides - I had concerns - and because I didn't have a coordinator I wasn't sure it would all go as planned. It did though- beautifully & even with pouring rain that moved the ceremony indoors. Do your homework, ask for what you need/want, and be sure to choose onsite "day-of" assistance through Avery (Autumn was there for us), it is SO worth it!

Sent on 12/11/2015

The venue was wonderful! The value we got for the price was better than all other venue we looked at. Would not have changed a thing about the day.

Sent on 12/09/2015

3.0

Gorgeous venue inside and out!! Great photo opportunities. Delicious food ( especially the mashed potato bar). And Autumn was very helpful!!

Only bad thing I can say is that we were told that there would be no golf carts riding around or even near our ceremony, but golfers were still allowed by our ceremony. I felt like since we paid to reserve the site for our wedding they should have at least shut the course down for the night. Pretty unprofessional in my opinion.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Melissa · Married on 12/27/2015

3.4
      3.5

The venue was beautiful and versatile. There was a space to keep the ceremony and reception areas separate, even in the event of inclement weather, as we had. There were a couple of employees that stood out and were extremely helpful the day of the wedding! The responsiveness to questions we had was slow at times during planning and coordination, and we sometimes seemed to get different answers to questions when asked multiple times. Everyone was always nice, but we would have appreciated much more attention to detail and quicker responses, even if it meant speaking with multiple people just so that our planning and wedding would go a bit smoother. I also was never able to see the bridal suite until the evening before the wedding as it was supposedly being remodeled. The day of the wedding, there was no table and chairs, nowhere to hang my wedding dress, and they tried charging me for the champagne I was promised was included in the price of the rental along with a fruit and cheese platter. I thought surely there would be a place to hang my nearly $2000 wedding dress in the bridal suite and that the team would have remembered the things that were promised. Again, it was a lovely venue, but the lack of attention to detail made for little annoyances the day before and day of the wedding. Those who are looking for a venue, this was a beautiful place, but be cautious and make sure everything discussed is written down and that you get what you paid for.

Sent on 01/05/2016

Adrianne · Married on 02/05/2011

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

During my wedding planning, they fired the initial wedding coordinator, so about 2 months before the wedding we had to go over everything again with a new coordinator. The new one, Hillary was very nice at tried to accommodate all of our questions and special requests. However, they DO NOT do tastings of food. This is quite frustrating to not be able to taste the food you choose before the day. They claim you can come to one of their pasta nights to taste some of the choices. My mom and I went to several of these events and none of the wedding choices were available. Luckily the food we chose was good, for the most part. We chose the angel hair pasta and shrimp as one choice, and these were the tiniest shrimp i have ever seen in my life. They were smaller than my finger nail. ALSO They say that their reception building can fit up to 187 people. However, this is WITHOUT a head table. I was only told this 3 DAYS before my wedding, after all the escort cards and seating charts had been printed and after the seating had been discussed with the coordinator for MONTHS without mention of any problem. Also the guy that sets up the tables, Howard, is very difficult to deal with. That being said, the day of my wedding everything went very smoothly.

Sent on 08/08/2011

2.4
      2.0

I couldn't get a respond to my emails or phone calls in a timely manner. she seemed overwhelmed with different projects going on at the same time. she is very pleasant and always kind to me. I had to ask for the contract and didn't get it emailed til a week before. I requested a copy of the final bill and never received one. The reception hall was very warm and stuffy. It seemed that the air condition wasn't working right. The cake cutting by the staff didn't look professionally done and wasn't out on the table all together. they were bringing it out three or four plates at a time with so much delay in between.

Sent on 08/03/2014
  • Nina

Nina · Married on 10/13/2018

2.0

Beautiful venue for a great price if you are an organized bride

Our wedding day at Avery Ranch Golf Club ended up being quite beautiful and magical thanks to a team effort from multiple parties including myself. We got married in October 2018 and utilized their all inclusive package mainly because we lived out of state. The value is pretty awesome for what you get. Avery was not
    helpful overall. They are very unorganized and unresponsive. For instance,
    the timeline of due dates for payments changed over time and was never
    consistent from day one. The contact emailed us a month before our event
    after we confirmed numbers with an arbitrary number with no invoice
    attached asking if she could just “go ahead and charge our card.” I was
    appalled by the unprofessional approach there. I went through 5 day of
    coordinators/contacts from booking to the day of our event. We learned that
    we had a new contact (the 5th one) three days before our wedding because
    our cake vendor called to tell us that Avery had not paid them yet (was
    part of the all inclusive package agreements). I then had to call their
    main line, ask to speak with the weddings/events department, and then the
    new contact goes, “oh yeah, I meant to call you.” I met her for the
    rehearsal and she had maybe half the details correct from the 4 other
    coordinators who kept passing along inconsistent information. Other people
    in my party had to take the initiative to help her coach us through the
    rehearsal. The day of our wedding I heard from my wedding party that she
    had the same attitude and did not seem proactive with ensuring everything
    ran smoothly. I would not recommend Avery for their wedding services simply
    because their disorganization caused much undue stress for an already
    stressful planning process under normal circumstances.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Glenn · Married on 08/20/2016

0.4
      0.5

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE.
    These people almost completely ruined our wedding with a completely nonchalant attitude. This is especially so with Autumn Marks. We had originally placed a deposit for both an outdoor wedding and reception in January 2016 for our wedding in August, and were told that we would be supplied with access to their built in PA system, as well as her assistance day of. We then discovered in March that this venue did not have our caterer on their preferred caterers list, so we requested that we pull out from the reception and just have the ceremony there.
    She completely disappeared and for two weeks I attempted to call and email Autumn until my wife finally got in contact with her. She told us that we would be refunded the amount of everything but the cost of the ceremony, and a new contract would NOT be needed. She then put us on another hold that lasted a week so she could speak with the owner about our refund.
    My wife and I then had to go to the venue itself to try to speak to anybody. The owner came out not knowing we were the people receiving the refund and rudely commented on how we were taking his money as he signed a check. He then handed it to the accountant who handed it directly to us making him realize who we were. In most cases, this would embarrass someone, but not for this pompous so and so. This angered him and he walked right past us and slammed the door.
    Fast forward to the two nights before the wedding, in which we were told we could hold a rehearsal. We get to the venue, and the building is completely empty. We stood outside for an hour as I was frantically calling Autumn. She finally called me back and informed me that not only would she not be assisting day of, we would also not be supplied any sound equipment. All that our money was going towards were the space for one hour and their "help" in setting up the chairs.
    Not only that, we found out the DAY BEFORE OUR WEDDING they had double booked.

Sent on 09/08/2016