Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry Reviews

31 | Barnegat, NJ

31 Reviews for Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry

Kristi · Married on 09/19/2015

Avant-Garde Makeup made me and my bridal party absolutely stunning for our big day! She listened to what we all wanted and worked with each one of our unique styles to make us look our most beautiful! For someone who doesn't wear a ton of makeup, I absolutely loved it!!! And the makeup lasted all night! If you want to look your absolute best on your special day, Avant-Garde is the way to go!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Kristi!! Your wedding was so beautiful and I see the love between the two of you! SO happy to be apart of it! Thank you for this wonderful review! xoxoxo

Sarah · Married on 11/15/2014

Cheri of Avant-Garde Makeup was absolutely amazing for my wedding. Her talent, patience, and thoughtfulness was truly appreciated. I had a trial done with Cheri prior to the wedding, which was a great way for her and I to discuss our ideas. She took her time and carefully put together colors/shades that would help me look my best. On the wedding day, Cheri came to the hotel and worked throughout the day to ensure that my bridesmaids, Mother, Mother in Law, and myself were happy with our makeup. It was truly a pleasure to have her there the morning of my wedding. I would highly recommend Cheri for any wedding or special event!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah for the wonderful review! It was a true honor to be apart of your special day! :)

Brittney · Married on 07/12/2014

Cherie did a beautiful job on the makeup for my wedding party, my family, and myself.

Sent on 07/23/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you! Hope you had a wonderful wedding and Honeymoon!

Kayla · Married on 07/12/2014

Cherie was absolutely stellar! She made me look so incredibly beautiful for my best friend's wedding. I loved that she wanted to know which colors for eye shadow I preferred and what kind of look I was going for. The bride even wanted to have more of the look Cherie had given me than the one she picked for herself at her trial run!! I cannot say again how wonderful it was to work with her. Definitely worth every penny. My makeup was flawless!

Sent on 07/25/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for your beautiful review! I really appreciate it and I am so thrilled you loved my work! All the best to you!

MaryJo · Married on 07/12/2014

Cherie did a fantastic job and our makeup looked great all night long! Highly recommend her!!!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Mary Jo so happy to make you all look great for your daughter's wedding!

Alyssa · Married on 07/11/2014

A fellow bridesmaid and I were from out of town; Cherie came with a hair stylist and made the entire process seamless. They arrived early, and were so friendly and accommodating. I have very oily skin and was convinced the makeup would not last without multiple touchups throughout the day..however, I was proven wrong. We had our makeup done at 9am and it lasted well past 1am--and we were still getting compliments this late at night on how amazing our makeup looked! Cherie took her time and perfectly accomplished the natural look we were going for. I would definitely recommend Cherie!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure to work with you and I am so thrilled you were happy with our work.

Nicole · Married on 07/11/2014

My friend and I are from out of town and needed our makeup done for a wedding we were in. Cherie came right to our hotel room and also brought one of her colleagues to do our hair (who also did a fantastic job!). We absolutely loved Cherie. She was super patient and worked with us to get the looks we were comfortable with. The makeup looked fantastic all day long (12+ hours) and we got tons of compliments all day. Loved her!

Sent on 07/30/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much! I am so thrilled you were happy with our work.

Megan · Married on 06/28/2014

She made me look more beautiful then I ever thought I could look. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Megan! I am so happy to be apart of your special day! I am so happy you liked my work! Can't wait to see your pictures!

deana · event on 06/14/2014

Love love loved her work .
    My daughter looked beautiful will definitely be using her again !

Sent on 06/15/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much! It was a pleasure working with you & your daughter, she is such a sweetie!!! Thank you for your review! :)

Dawn · event on 06/14/2014

Cherie did my daughter's makeup for her 8th grade dance. Being that my daughter was so young we did not want her to look too overdone. Cherie listened to everything we asked her to do and the makeup looked beautiful. Her makeup was very natural and her skin looked flawless. Not only did she receive complements on her dress that night but compliments on her makeup as well. I would highly recommend Cherie for any occasion!!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Dawn for your nice review! I so appreciate it and very happy to make Alexis Look pretty for her special night!

Morgan · event on 06/06/2014

Cherie is so easy to work with! She's very flexible and will do whatever you ask (but also advise you if she doesn't think it'll look right) The makeup lasts long and is beautiful. I couldn't have been happier with how my prom makeup came out, I got tons of compliments all night!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Morgan for your nice review! So happy you liked your look & wish you all the best at college!

Keri · event on 05/31/2014

Cherie Meara was the extraordinary artist that did my make-up for prom. She used exceptional products from popular name brands to ensure my make up was perfect. Her instruments were either new or sterile. I had to get my make up done early, so I could go to a dance recital with it. Hours later I had my prom to attend and not once was their any sign of smears or fading. It never came off through sweat, sun, rubbing, and hours of activity. I asked her to do extravagant make up which she did beautifully, without complaint. The colors complimented my costumes and dress perfectly! If you ask for it, she can do it! I highly recommend her for all occasions!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Keri for such a wonderful review! I wish you all the best & much success you are such a beautiful young lady inside & out!!!

Eileen · event on 05/31/2014

Cherie was very flexible scheduling my daughter, Keri who had her make-up done for her daytime senior dance recital and Senior Prom at night. Her make-up was flawless all day and required no touch-ups at night. In addition, Keri has sensitive skin, and had no reactions to this fabulous make-up. Thanks so much, Cherie!

Sent on 06/28/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Eileen for your nice review, I appreciate it! It was such a pleasure being able to make Kerri look extra special for her Senior Prom! She is such a wonderful young lady you should be proud of both your girls! :)

Cheryl · event on 05/17/2014

Cherie did my daughter's make up for prom. She made her feel comfortable and was helpful in choosing colors and style. Cherie helped her pick a look that accentuated her features. The make up lasted all night and she looked gorgeous!

Sent on 05/17/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I hope Grace had a wonderful time at the prom!

Deanna · event on 05/10/2014

Cherie did an awesome job on my makeup for my daughter's Communion Day. She was very flexible with times and even rearranged her schedule to accommodate me. She was quick, efficient, friendly and patient. I got so many compliments on the way I looked that day, and the best part is, she did my makeup at 11 a.m.; at 2 a.m., my makeup still looked EXACTLY the way it did when she first did it. I highly recommend Cherie for makeup artistry! I can't wait to use her again!

Sent on 05/12/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Deanna for your thoughtful review! I so appreciate it and can't wait to make you look pretty again! So happy your party was a blast too!

Johnelle · Married on 05/03/2014

I loved my wedding make up and Cherie did a great job picking colors and products the worked for me and my bridesmaids! She was so much fun and very professional.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful review, it was my pleasure being apart of your special day!

Laurie · Married on 03/15/2014

Cherie is awesome! I highly recommend her. ~Laurie

Sent on 03/18/2014

Thank you!

Margie · event on 01/17/2014

Cherie was wonderful to work with. Professional and knowledgeable! She is a fun lady and took care of my every need. I look forward to working with her again in the future!

Sent on 01/17/2014

Thank you Margie!!!

Cherie was amazing on the day of my wedding. She was on time and very professional. I had my make up trial done with her ( a few times because I couldn't decide) and she was incredibly patient and flexible. She came right to the hotel that I was staying at, the day of the wedding and was willing to travel anywhere. She made my bridal party, mom, and even my flower girl feel beautiful on my special day. I will recommend Cherie to anyone I know who is having an event and wants to look beautiful! Thank you Cherie for your patience and hard work. It was/is greatly appreciated!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate it!

Nichole · event on 01/04/2014

Cherie did a beautiful job! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 01/16/2014

Thank you so much!

Melissa · Married on 12/14/2013

My sister used Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry for her wedding in July, 2012. The entire bridal party got their makeup done. Everyone's makeup came out beautiful! I was extremely happy with how my makeup came out. I told the Avant-Garde Makeup Artist that I wanted my makeup to look natural, yet still look like I'm wearing it, and she did a fabulous job. In fact, I liked my makeup better for my sister's wedding than I did for my own wedding day in 2010 (I used a different makeup artist because I did not know about Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry). I loved it so much that I recommended Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry to a friend of mine who got married in December, 2013. I was in the bridal party, so I was excited to have Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry do my makeup again. My friend's entire bridal party got their makeup done and everyone was more than pleased and looked beautiful. This was a winter wedding and the makeup looked perfect! Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry does everything - airbrush, eye lashes, etc. and is reliable and professional. It's so hard to find a great makeup artist, but if you choose to go with Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry you will be more than satisfied with how your makeup comes and the way you look!

Sent on 01/23/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Melissa for the wonderful review! Please tell your sister I would love some pictures when she gets a chance.
  • User3819854 · 2+ years ago

Cherie made me look amazing for my wedding! I was so happy with her and so were my girls! I highly recommend her and know you will love her work, professionalism and fun loving personality! Thank you, Cherie for making me look beautiful!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much I really appreciate it! I am very happy I could make you all look so beautiful for your day!

Erin · Married on 11/09/2013

I met Cherie on a fluke, and I truley believe it was fate! She is completely available whenever you need to speak with her, in fact she actually texted me from vacation. I am an axious bride and can be very needy, and responsiveness is very important to me. I can't tell you how many vendors put off responding for over a week. It is very frustrating. Most vendors are so expensive and then they treat you like you should work to get them to want to help you. Cherie, however, has extremely fair pricing and she comes to you.
    At my trial, I showed Cherie a picture of what I wanted and she did exactly that. I cant wait to see what she does on my wedding in just one short month! i highly reccomend Cherie for your wedding day!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I truly love what I do and I am so happy to make you look beautiful for your special day! Can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!!!

Sophia · Married on 11/09/2013

Cherie was amazing! She was recommended by a friend. When I called, she responded IMMEDIATELY, and was very accommodating. She drove from an hour away, came on time and was well prepared. She listened to what it was I wanted and even made suggestions. She did a PHENOMENAL job on our makeup for my brothers wedding day. Her price was great and well worth every minute of her time! I can't wait for the next special event because even though I may not know what I'm wearing, my makeup will look fantastic!!! Thank u so much!

Sent on 01/19/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for the great review!!!

Sara · Married on 09/28/2013

Cherie is absolutely amazing! I first met her when she did make up for my friend's wedding in which I was a bridesmaid. I was the last in the party to have my makeup done and she did a wonderful job. She didn't rush and made my face look just as wonderful as the brides. I've had make up done in bridal parties before and it seems that the bride always got all the attention and bridesmaids were second rate. Of course, in general, that's the way the day should go, but if you're paying for make up it should make you feel beautiful. That is exactly what Cherie did.

Given my great experience as a bridal party member, I hired Cherie for my own wedding. I wanted a very particular look and she really got what I was describing. She not only did exactly what I wanted, she was really a calming force on a very stressful day! I would recommend Cherie for anytime you need to look your best.

Sent on 03/13/2014

Avant-Garde Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! All the best!!!!