Avalon Yacht Club Reviews

16 | Avalon, NJ

16 Reviews for Avalon Yacht Club

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2018

Jarrod, Brian, and Chef Peter did an amazing job! We are SO happy.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Catherine · Married on 11/05/2016

Amazing venue, nice staff we love them!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Cindy · Married on 06/27/2015

I couldn't recommend the Avalon Yacht Club more for a wedding venue. I think the views are the best on the island for a wedding. They did a wonderful job and we couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out, it was truly perfect. The staff--everyone from the bartenders to the managers were great. They accommodated all of our random requests and were extremely attentive. Jarrod and Brian both know the club very well and have a lot of experience with weddings. They know what works and what doesn't work. You'll be so happy you picked AYC!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Brooke · Married on 04/25/2015

Avalon yacht club is the best venue for a wedding! The staff was amazing, especially Brian and Jarrod. They helped make my day perfect! They were top of everything and couldn't of been any nicer. The avalon yacht club has the best views at the jersey shore and the building is so beautiful perfect for my shore wedding. The food is amazing and the service is awesome.

Sent on 04/26/2015

Heather · Married on 04/11/2015

Hands down the best venue. The location and building itself are amazing. The entire staff is great and they go above and beyond. They believe in quality and deliver that all the way to the end. Jarrod and Brian did everything they could to make sure we had an amazing day. Peter is a fabulous chef and our guests are still raving about the food. You will not find a place with a better quality of service. Thanks AYC for an amazing day!

Sent on 06/22/2015

melissa · Married on 11/01/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about my wedding experience at the AYC. First and foremost - the staff. Jarrod helped us plan and problem solve through every step of the process, really making us feel that no matter what happened he would have a back up plan to the back up plan. Brian, the general manager, waited on us hand and foot. Anything we needed or wanted, he was right there making sure we had it. He did the same for our parents as well. Second - the view. The view inside the venue is breathtaking and the sunset is perfect for pictures. The floor plan is also ideal. Because the bar (a real bar inside the venue - as opposed to a make shift bar inside the venue) is right next to the dance floor, it encourages guests to remain dancing and having fun the entire night. No one needs to leave to go to another room for a drink. I would highly recommend this venue to other brides looking for a real shore/bay experience.

Sent on 11/18/2014

Avalon Yacht Club (AYC), was the best venue to have a wedding, they made my day so memorable. Jarrod and Brian are top notch and provided a high standard for me and my family. You couldn't find a better place to have a wedding in South Jersey then AYC!! I would tell all the brides out there that want to get married at the shore to go to AYC, it was by far the best day of me and my husband's life. AYC and their staff went above and beyond everything I wanted in a wedding venue. I want to give a shout out to an amazing Chef, Peter Mack and staff were phenomenal!!! Everything was outstanding for my wedding!!!

Sent on 10/30/2014

Jayne · Married on 09/27/2014

I do not know even know where to begin on how amazing and fantastic our wedding was at the Avalon Yacht Club on September 27th, 2014! The venue, location, scenery- including an unbelievable picturesque sunset, food, and especially Jarrod (event coordinator), Brian (GM) and the staff exceeded every expectation above and beyond for the perfect day!

Jarrod helped us every step of the way and was hands on from the first introduction meeting to helping us pack up the day after! He knows all the vendors, has so much knowledge and experience, is open to “your” vision and ideas…I felt like he was also our wedding planner!

We had our ceremony on the side deck (they provide the chairs!) where we were surrounded by the bay without a house in sight. The side deck then turns into cocktail hour and comes to an end just as the sun is beginning to set. My favorite thing is you get an entire wedding guest group picture off the side steps before you head in for the reception which I have never seen before (a lot of guests mentioned this as well). I grew up going to Stone Harbor and Avalon every summer and I have never seen a more gorgeous sunset then the view from their docks! I was shocked with excitement seeing our wedding pictures for the first time!

They have an extremely large selection to choose from for appetizers during cocktail hour (which are delicious) and friends and family could not get over how good dinner was- some said best wedding dinner entrée they ever had (we did crab cake and chicken picatta).

Jarrod and Brian are hands on the entire day and night for you and your family but you barely even notice they are there! It honestly seemed that any time I needed to do or get something Brian was right there with a smile to take care of it. I am so happy and grateful we chose to have our wedding at the Avalon Yacht Club as we had one of the best days of our lives and I honestly can’t imagine it being anywhere else!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Caitlin · Married on 06/14/2014

The staff at AYC went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. The service and food were excellent. The atmosphere was beautiful. We heard from many friends and family members that our wedding was the best wedding they have ever been to. We could not be happier with our decision to get married at AYC!

Sent on 07/11/2014

Kate · Married on 05/17/2014

My husband and I had our reception here in May and are thrilled with AYC! Jarrod and Brian couldn't have been more helpful in the planning and the day-of services. During planning Jarrod was very flexible with what we wanted to do, he knew our vendors well and I didn't need to worry about a thing. When I showed up on the day of the wedding everything was perfect. On the day of, they were always there to make sure we had everything we needed, but weren't in your face about it. When our transportation company didn't show up, Jarrod and Brian were calling cabs and car services for us and our guests and offered to even drive us to the hotel. The venue is beautiful and spacious, it's worth every penny for the sunset photos. The appetizers and the meal (filet and crab cake) were to die for. We are still getting compliments on the venue and the food! I think compared to some other venues in the area, the price is comparable but the setting and service can't be beat!

Sent on 06/24/2014

The Avalon Yacht Club was an incredible reception venue ! The staff was incredibly attentive on the day of the wedding and Jarrod was extremely prompt in responding to any questions that we had leading up to the day. The food was delicious and you can't beat the beauty of the bay as a backdrop. Jarrod and the rest of the staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. We had about 175/180 guests and I think that would be around the ideal number for this venue to hold. I would wholeheartedly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Nicole · Married on 05/18/2013

The staff, the food, the venue were all amazing! I couldn't have asked for a better wedding!

Sent on 05/25/2013

The Avalon Yacht Club provided a wonderful venue for our daughter's recent wedding ceremony and reception. The club was decorated so beautifully that we instantly forgot that our plans to hold the ceremony outside on the deck had been derailed by the rainy weather. The food was fantastic (our guests raved about how wonderful all of the dinner selections were, especially the crab cakes); the bar service was excellent and the party was unbelievable. Throughout the night, friends and family came up to us and commented that this was the best wedding reception that they had ever attended. Terry Thompson (manager), Peter Mark(executive chef) and the entire Avalon Yacht Club team did a fantastic job!

My wife and I couldn't have been happier about the evening and would wholeheartedly recommend the Avalon Yacht Club team to anyone who is planning an event at the South Jersey shore. Kudos for a job well done!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2012

Terry (club manager) and Peter (executive chef) and the rest of the staff really went all out for my wedding. Aside from the yacht club itself being so beautiful and in a great location right on the water, Terry and Peter helped me throughout the year plan this event. Terry is an expert at running weddings at the club and provided a ton of insight on the best services in the area and how to set up the ceremony and reception. She always responded to my emails and calls and on the day of made sure everything ran smoothly. I met with Peter twice to plan the menu and select linens. He assured us right from the start that it's his goal for everyone to leave our wedding saying that it was the best wedding they've ever been to. And that's exactly what they said! The food and service was phenomenal! My family and friends are very outgoing and entertaining and both Terry and Peter's staff were able to appreciate their quirkiness and good humor. They rolled with the punches the day of - including the 2 suitcases of costumes my friends brought and a confetti cannon that they allowed to be shot 3 times during the reception! My family and friends were so thrilled with the day (as was I) and wish we could do it all over again next year! I would definitely recommend Terry and Peter and the rest of the Avalon Yacht Club staff to host your wedding. You will not be disappointed (even when the weather doesn't cooperate and you have to move your wedding inside!).

Sent on 10/20/2012
  • User3402000 · 2+ years ago

We got married at the Avalon Yacht Club last weekend and it was absolutely perfect! The club is located right on the bay and the views are gorgeous. Brian, the general manager, and Jarrod, the assistant manager, took care of everything. They were easy to work with and very organized so that we did not have to think about anything but having a good time on the wedding day. The food was excellent and our guests are still talking about how great the hors d'oeuvres were. Peter, the chef, was very willing to adjust the menu based on our guests needs. I am so glad we got married at the Avalon Yacht Club; it is beautiful, the staff is friendly and helpful, and our guests had a great time. We had a terrific experience and I would recommend the AYC to anyone.

Sent on 05/04/2014

Marisa · Married on 05/16/2009

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

It's hard to choose the best part of the Yacht Club, but it would have to be the overall atmosphere of the place. The club is right on the bay and has floor to ceiling windows overlooking the water. It has a large deck outdoors for cocktail hour or ceremony. It was just gorgeous and it's location was the selling point for us. The food and service was fantastic. Terry, the club's manager, was very helpful in lending her expertise to how weddings are run at the club. The chef, Peter, was amazing and was very accomodating to our requests for the menu. Overall, it was an amazing place to have a wedding reception.

Sent on 06/20/2009