Avalon Manor Banquet Center Reviews

Avalon Manor Banquet Center 3
Avalon Manor Banquet Center 4
Avalon Manor Banquet Center 5

Teressa · Married on 05/31/2014

I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful and magical wedding day at Avalon!!! The staff created such a fairytale ambiance, with my colors pink and black!! The food was outstanding!!! Guests still keep talking about how amazing the food was!!!! Despite the AC not working in our bridal suite, the staff compensated by opening another portion of our venue for our bridal party. Our enchanted fairytale wedding at Avalon will be etched in our hearts forever!!! Thank you Avalon for making our day so beautiful and memorable!!!

Sent on 07/20/2014

This banquet hall is wonderful! Met our every need.

Sent on 06/29/2014

Dana · Married on 03/01/2014

The Avalon was awesome throughout every step of our reception. I did not have a ceremony here, but my reception was perfect! They listened to what I wanted and made it happen. Katie and Sarah were attentive to my wants and did an awesome job in accommodating! The ballroom looked beautiful and the staff did a fabulous job! My guests are still giving compliments about the food and service. I forgot to order a vegetarian meal for one of my guests, and the wait staff heard and had her a new plate in seconds!! Our bartenders not only made sure that our drinks were perfect, but also something for my minor daughter. They were amazing and I could not have asked for a better time! Thank you

Sent on 03/07/2014

Andrea · Married on 10/25/2013

I had a wonderful experience with the Avalon. They were extremely helpful and set up everything just the way I described. The food was delicious and the staff was extremely nice! They had a beautiful outdoor area for pictures too. My guests were very impressed! :)

Sent on 11/05/2013

Melissa · Married on 06/26/2010

Katie and Peter are amazing! They took care of all the little details and made sure ours was the perfect day! I would do it all over again knowing I was in great hands! As the bride, I didn't worry about anything with them in control!

Food was raved about by guests and service was outstanding!
    Peter took care of details personally to make sure the evening went smoothly and that were very much appreciated!

Sent on 07/14/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/22/2008

The Avalon Manor was amazing. The food was delicious (all our guests were raving), the hall is quality, and the service was amazing. The staff went over and above to make sure our day was everything we had hoped for and more. The hall was set up beautifully and everything went smoothly. The wait staff during the wedding was amazing as well. They took all the bridal parties drink orders while at the gazebo taking pictures. They then remembered what everyone was drinking and kept their drinks full during dinner. They did the extra special touches that really made us feel pampered. Worth every single penny!

Sent on 09/11/2008

Amadna · Married on 08/02/2008

This was an excellent place wth above average service. My guests had a great time and everyone couldn't stop talking about the venue and services.

Sent on 09/29/2008

kristina · Married on 09/14/2007

I would highly recommend Avalon Manor to any bride! The were very helpful, courteous and the price was great!

Sent on 08/08/2008
  • Shana

Shana · Married on 08/04/2017

They were great. My consultant Katie was very easy to work with, and she was wonderful.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Avalon Manor Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Shana! Your ceremony and reception was absolutely beautiful, as were the two of you! It was so wonderful to be a part of your special day! We wish you the happiest lifetime together!!!

Rachel · Married on 09/26/2015

Okay truth time. I originally wanted Aberdeen manor in Valpo. They were over double what i am spending at Avalon and I get more options at Avalon that fit my personality. Outdoor wedding, Amazing food and service and the best news is, WE won't go broke! Woo-hoo! Getting more for less price!

Sent on 06/27/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/27/2015

Having my reception at Avalon made the planning process (and the day of) so easy! They took care of everything and I didn't have to do anything other than have fun at my reception. I've gotten multiple compliments from friends and family about the food and service. We did the Premiere Package with beef, chicken, kid's meals and a vegetarian option since my mom wanted to make sure there were plenty of options for everyone, and they were perfectly willing to help adjust the package to our needs. My husband and I were also very impressed with the care they took to make sure the two of us were extremely taken care of as well!

We only had a couple slight problems that, for the most part, weren't too bad. The original person I had booked with left the business and I was not contacted by the new person working with me until a week before the final payment was due (roughly 2 weeks before our wedding date). However, anytime I called prior to that and did not get our new person they were still able to answer all my questions. The other issue was that the cost of the Premiere Package was changed, but so were their requirements for having a certain amount of guests (it changed to spending a certain amount). It would have saved a headache or two to know that those had changed, however I do understand that some information may not have been passed along because our original contact left.

Overall, we're very happy that we went with Avalon. It kept our reception affordable and fun!

Sent on 07/09/2015

Becky · Married on 08/07/2010

We used Avalon Manor for our reception venue and were very happy with them! They made the planning very easy for us and set everything up for us the day of the wedding. We just told them how we wanted everything and they made it happen. The hall is beautiful and the food was AMAZING. We did a combo plate of steak and chicken and all of our guests were very impressed with the food! The only negative thing I would have to say is that our main cake was vanilla and strawberry and we also had a sheet cake that was chocolate and they never cut or served the chocolate cake. At the end of the night they gave us the huge chocolate sheet cake to take home with us. It was nice to have some extra cake, but we would have liked them to have served it to everyone. Other than that, we didn't have any problems and everything ran very smoothly. We would definitely recommend this reception site to friends!!

Sent on 11/07/2010

Becky · Married on 08/07/2010

Sent on 11/07/2010

Anne · Married on 01/12/2008

Given the month of my wedding, I was able to get the room that I wanted! The office staff was excellent with answering all of my many questions, working with us to add our personal touches to the wedding, and just being very patient and very informative. Come the reception time, the wait staff was excellent - very friendly, one even made the comment to me stating that I was one of the "happiest brides they have ever seen." That made my night even better than it already was.
    On top of that, the food was excellent! We had a choice of either the Chicken Breast with Marsala Wine Sauce or the Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus (plus they accomodated my cousin and his girlfriend, who are vegans, by making them a special dish - no meat, no eggs, nothing from animals - a great pasta dish they both enjoyed!). I think nearly every guest had commented to us on how great the food was, that they had never had such good food at a wedding before. So, EVERYTHING was perfect from the Avalon. I can't stress it more!

Sent on 08/18/2008

Beth · Married on 11/18/2006

We worked with Jayne and everything went smoothly.

We booked the Summerset room and at the last minute we knew were not going to reach our 250 person minimum. Avalon was really flexible and instead of making us pay for all 250 dinners, they let us add appetizers, a better salad, upgraded the dinner, and added wine for the actual amount of guests we had (225). In a time when I was very stressed out, I was extremely grateful that they let us do this. It was a wise business decision because they made more money by us doing it this way rather than buying just chicken dinners for 250 guests without appetizers, wine, etc.

Our guest raved about the food and service and I was a happy bride.

For those Chicago brides, I would recommend using the Avalon Manor. They are cheaper than most Chicago venues and about an hour from Chicago.

Sent on 03/23/2008

Alexis Mccullough · Married on 09/07/2018

Understanding!

I had a wonderful experience! Due to the rain my ceremony had to be moved inside and they let me make that decision at the last possible second and we’re very helpful in the transition. They also made me aware that my cake was late to be delivered and made sure to handle it accordingly so my guests never knew! And the food was awesome!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Melanie · Married on 01/25/2014

3.0

I was very happy with Avalon Manor! They did an absolutely beautiful job with our wedding. Out point of contact was very professional, responsive and did a great job of guiding us through the process.

On the day of the wedding, the staff and service were phenomenal. The head waitress introduced herself to us and told us to ask her if we needed anything at all. All of the food was brought out in an orderly fashion and on time. People also loved it and we got a lot of compliments on how tasty it was. We did have an issue with one bartender not wanting to serve the bridal party during the 'break' hour, however the head waitress was great and speedily resolved this issue.

The only complaint I could possibly have is they aren't very good with the before and after of accommodating your 'stuff'. For example, my mom put together a great sweets table, but she had to go home to pick it all up and then set it up in between the ceremony and reception. It would have been great to be able to just drop that off the afternoon before withe everything else, but the Avalon couldn't accommodate fridge space.

In addition, after the wedding, you are supposed to remove everything that night or it will be thrown away. This really kills the celbratory mood because someone has to be sober and coordinate the tear down. I feel like this is a little inconsiderate policy, and it would not be hard to have a rule that things need to be picked up by say 9AM the next morning. These are just things to consider as you book the venue.

Also they DO NOT SERVE SHOTS. This was NOT spelled out to me clearly before I signed the contract and I was super bummed - I really wish I would have known that in advance. However, they make mixed drinks so it works out.

Overall, we had a very pleasant experience. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone else!

Sent on 07/21/2014
  • callie

callie · Married on 07/08/2011

3.0

Loved my wedding here it was perfect until the end and the bar tender deiced not to serve my uncle who had not had any thing to drink and served people i asked for not to be served. I also bought jager under the idea they would make a drink to it like a vodka and coke, and yet they did not. I would do it again there the location and price are amazing. I have herd nothing but good things from friends and family about my wedding. oh and ladies the food here is AMAZING people are still talking about it.

Sent on 07/16/2011

Jorie · Married on 05/15/2010

We had to switch our contact at the last minute, due to unforeseen circumstances, however, everyone at the Avalon was more than accommodating.

The food was beyond delicious, we were on a very tight budget and we were able to give our guests a little something different and a plated dinner of Medallions of Beef and Chicken together all for a tremendously affordable price.

The only complaint I have is the cost of adding chair covers was very high, when I knew I could find them for a MUCH cheaper price online, that was a difficult cost to swallow. However, given the price of the plates, we ended up just swallowing the cost and paying it anyway. They have an exclusive contract, so the cost is set, my hands were tied.

Sent on 06/24/2010

Melanie · Married on 06/07/2008

They were very helpful in every area of wedding planning needs. If they didn't provide a service, they had very good suggestions.

Sent on 07/24/2008

Kyesha · Married on 11/04/2018

Memorable Experience!

Awesome staff! Our planner Yvonka was superb!

Avalon Manor Banquet Center 6
    Avalon Manor Banquet Center 14
    Sent on 12/20/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/21/2007

3.0

They were wonderful. They took care of everything I needed and had everything ready when we arrived.

Sent on 02/17/2008

Joanna · Married on 03/04/2017

4.2
      3.5

Great place to have your special day!!! We couldn't ask for more. Professional, reasonable prices, yet classy. Management went out of their way to assist us.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Avalon Manor Banquet Center's reply:

Thank you so much, Joanna! We are so happy you were happy. It was such a pleasure to be a part of it!

Jessica · Married on 11/24/2007

3.5

The food was amazing, the service was amazing, and the venue is very beautiful. The only thing I did not like was the bartenders they hired. They were very rude to many of my guests.

Sent on 05/09/2008

Nicole Cleveland · Married on 08/26/2018

3.8

Wonderful Unforgettable Wedding

Everything was beautiful.. they did lose some of my things for my special event. It turned out wonderful.

Sent on 12/22/2018