Avalon Events Center Reviews

34 Reviews for Avalon Events Center

• Zach

Zach Olson · Married on 02/05/2020

Impressive

Had a work event at this venue and everything was spot on. Not one issue, and we were constantly impressed with the value we received. Would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 05/20/2019

paula · Married on 08/18/2018

Our wedding was last Saturday 8/18/18, at the Avalon Events center. It was Beautiful!! They were so accommodating to everything. Staff were always going the extra mile. Thank you all!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Avalon Events Center's reply:

Paula,
    Thank you so much for sharing your pictures and your great review. We enjoyed celebrating with you!

Jocelyn · Married on 03/17/2018

Everyone who worked our wedding from start of planning, to the mixology session, to answering questions and planning out the venue, to lighting candles and setting our dessert table up, to during the wedding and even after the wedding have been phenomenal. We had a plated meal with open seating but everyone still got their food with no delays. Even with a little more than 200 guests, our food tasted amazing! The beef was perfectly cooked and juicy, chicken was tasty (yum that sauce), and even their vegetarian option was to die for (some of my friends have asked for the recipe). We left some stuff at the Avalon on accident and they were nice to hold it for us (even though it's been 3 weeks). Loved having the Avalon as our wedding venue! I would definitely recommend it to everyone!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Colleen · Married on 10/27/2017

Wow!!! My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Avalon and let me tell you they were absolutely amazing from the first time we stepped foot in there before we knew we would book there all the way up to the point we hopped in the shuttle to take us to the hotel after the reception. The staff had helped us with our booking from day one and always made us feel as though we were in good hands. Not only was the staff professional throughout the entire process but you can tell they truly care about you. Let’s face it getting married is great but some of the process of booking the venue, picking the menu, dj, photographer, and other things that come with planning a wedding can become overwhelming and frustrating! The staff at the Avalon took us through everything step by step and made everything as about as easy as it could get. During the wedding I tried to talk with most of my guests and talked with some even after the wedding and all I heard back from them was how great the food was and that the amount of food served was just incredible. Everything was quality from the soup/salad to the entrees was just out of this world! To go along with the stellar service, great food, and gorgeous venue my husband and I had the time of our lives that we will cherish forever, the price for everything was untouchable compared to any other venue we looked at and I don’t think they would have been nearly as good as the Avalon was. It’s really great to hear your guests talking about how amazing the wedding/reception was days after the actual wedding. If your looking for just an all around great place to have your wedding or reception at PLEASE look no further than the Avalon! I would recommend this place to any couples looking to plan their big day here. Thank you Avalon and thank you to the entire staff for giving us more than we could ever hope for!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Melanie · Married on 10/07/2017

We just had our wedding on October 7th in the Dakota Room! Wow! There are so many things to say about this place!! We were able to meet with Brett first to see the building and discuss options for our day. He was very informative and addressed any concerns we had. Of course we booked with them, we immediately fell in love with the room!! When you walk in it takes your breath away!! They also designed the rooms to give you the option of not having any extra decorations and guess what, we didn't. We both agreed adding anything else would take away from the room. The price of the room we had was a steal! We knew exactly what we were paying for, no hidden fees or clauses in the contract! Everything was laid out and easy to understand! Later on we met with Jackie who took over for Brett and she was the best!!! She was so helpful, getting any information we requested and answered any questions we had! We also got to do a taste testing! MOUTH WATERING CHICKEN!!!!!!! We experienced the best chicken we have ever had and our guests agreed! Everyone could not stop talking about the food, so hats off to the kitchen and chef!! Now the day of our wedding came and again wow!! We were approached my one of the managers and he informed us that if there was anything we needed to just ask him or any of the other staff there. The staff was super friendly and very organized!!! Our wedding was perfect!!! Again our guests loved the food! And a bonus was that if there was any extra they donate it!! We had our ceremony and reception here and the staff was very accommodating! Also I must say our bartender was AWESOME!!!! I can't remember his name but he was fantastic!!! I heard a lot of compliments about him!! If anyone is thinking about having their wedding here, DO IT!!! We loved everything about what the Avalon offered!!! We will be recommending them to anyone that asks!! Thank you to Brett, Jackie and the staff that helped make our day perfect!!
    -Jeff and Melanie Walker

Sent on 10/24/2017

Chryseis · Married on 08/12/2017

We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, and gift opening at the Avalon, and we couldn't be happier with how everything went. Staff was courteous, helpful, and personable. Jackie was great at promptly answering questions and being generally helpful. Your bartenders need a raise, because they were awesome.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Selah · Married on 05/26/2017

The Avalon events center was the perfect venue for our wedding! It is absolutely beautiful and the food was AMAZING! I wouldn't have wanted my reception anywhere else! Would definitely recommend the Avalon!!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Enna · Married on 08/13/2016

My sister got married at Avalon West last weekend and this venue was absolutely beautiful. It's very grand and classy. If you want a "wow" factor this venue is for you. The staff was very attentive and easy to work with. The food was very delicious!

Sent on 08/18/2016

They were great! Made the planning process very smooth and were willing to help out any way that they could

Sent on 10/12/2015

We had our ceremony and reception at the Avalon. They set up the Grand Ballroom for the ceremony and the Starlight Ballroom for the dinner and dance. They did a great job. The food was great! All of our guests had so many compliments on the beautiful building, great location, and delicious food. They let us bring in our own cakes/desserts and decorations and have pizza delivered for an evening snack. It was everything we had hoped for.

Sent on 08/08/2015

Kelsey · Married on 01/03/2015

We used the Avalon downtown for our reception. We were in the starlight ballroom and the venue was set up beautifully. We loved the food and got many compliments from our guests. The staff were wonderful and helpful! They were also very flexible with us adding our personal touches to make our wedding special such as bringing in pizza at 9pm for a late night snack and having a hot chocolate bar. Love Love Love this venue (:

Sent on 03/22/2015

Kayla · Married on 08/30/2014

This was an excellent place to hold our reception! The night of the reception the manager on duty was amazing! We had originally planned to have the dance end at 12:00, but we were having so much fun they allowed us to have it till 1:00 at the last minute. The space is absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 11/19/2014

Absolutely fantastic! They were easy to work with and very friendly. The food was phenomenal. Great atmosphere. Just perfect!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Kayla · Married on 08/07/2009

The Avalon was the perfect place for our reception. The room is wide open and gorgeous! The food was delicious and the staff was very kind. Our evening there was one we will never forget!!

Sent on 08/27/2009
  • Saundra

Saundra Sperle · Married on 09/21/2019

Avalon Wedding

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at the Avalon and it was beautiful! We had a blast at our food tasting and mixology appointment and everyone was so nice. We had lots of compliments on the food for rehearsal dinner and the wedding. We had 2 bars set up and I had warned them about making sure to have enough stocked and bartenders for the amount of guests we had invited, but they still ran out of a couple things. For large weddings, I would recommend to have more bartenders and ensure an accurate amount of supplies stocked but overall they did a good job. I was a little nervous when we had a couple changes in wedding coordinators, one being less than a month before our wedding, and an almost last minute booking in our room the night before the wedding but Leah put my mind at ease and really worked well with me to make sure our day was perfect. She answered all of my last minute questions and requests without a complaint. You can tell she enjoys and is good at what she does. I would definitely recommend the Avalon for events in the future.

Sent on 11/19/2019

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2018

Fantastic Space, Great Staff

We had the pleasure of working with Jackie initially, then Valerie as our coordinator. both were very detailed on everything we had asked and were very black and white about the pricing so we didn't come across any hidden fees. The food was great, the space was gorgeous, we had both our rehearsal dinner and wedding reception held in 2 different ballrooms, which was really convenient for us. Christine the bartender was fantastic, if I ever needed a reason to rent from the Avalon again, it would have to involve Christine and the bar. Although Valerie is no longer working for the Avalon, I would still recommend the space for anyone looking for a modern/elegant look or just for convenience sake.

Sent on 02/15/2019

My fiance and I originally booked the space in the downtown Avalon location. However, shortly after, they sold their downtown location. Their staff was very accommodating in helping us re-book at their West location. Even though the downtown location was beautiful, we absolutely LOVED the Dakota Ballroom in the Avalon West. It is an elegant and beautiful space. Prior to the event, there was a lot of staff turnover, but Tom really helped us piece together the details of our reception. On the day of the wedding, the staff members were very helpful and attentive to our needs. I was pleasantly surprised by the fact that they did not charge fees for cutting our cake which was purchased outside of the facility or using their projector. All of those costs were included with the room rental. Also, the food was outstanding. We had so many compliments from guests about the quality of the food. We would absolutely recommend the Avalon to brides in Fargo who are looking for the classic ballroom with an updated, elegant style.

Sent on 07/07/2016

Kelsey · Married on 06/04/2016

We booked the Avalon West for our reception while it was still under construction! Trusted our gut and we were blown away by how beautiful the venue was. The staff was very accommodating considering I planned our wedding from 600 miles away. Our guests raved about the venue and the food as well! The "pasta bar" option was a hit. This venue is a great alternative to "hotel" receptions. Would definitely recommended to anyone in the FM area!

Sent on 08/27/2016

The Avalon was great to work with. We had a wedding on the first floor and Kelli the Manager was awesome. She answered all of my questions the same day when I would email her. They were very flexible to work with. We received a lot of compliments on how great the food was and how beautiful the venue is.

Sent on 08/25/2014

The avalon was a great value and they were incredibly flexible with set up and tear down which we greatly appreciated. They made it very easy to plan our wedding long distance.

Sent on 01/03/2015

Kirsten · Married on 04/09/2014

3.0

This venue is gorgeous. We were on the 2nd floor and had about 60 guests. There was a minimum amount that you had to purchase. We had a lot of leftover food (which I wish we could have taken home, considering we paid for it)! The bar staff was awesome and anything we needed they catered to right away.

Sent on 05/21/2014
  • LORI

LORI FRANCISCO · Married on 09/21/2019

Everything was Excellent

The Avalon Event center staff was amazing to work with! The food was unbelievably terrific!! If/When we need to plan another party we won't hesitate to call Avalon.

Sent on 10/21/2019

Catrina · Married on 09/16/2017

The DAKOTA ROOM is beautiful. I was happy with all the service. The food had so many compliments. Everyone stated that it was some of the best pasta they had been served at a wedding. Thank you Avalon for a fun facility.

Sent on 09/23/2017
  • User5112088 · 2+ years ago

3.5

The space is one that is second to none in the area for those not wanting the trendy rustic-themed wedding. Our wedding was elegant and classy and the food was amazing (who doesn't love a pasta bar?!). The staff was attentive to our requests. I'm so glad we were able to have our wedding in the Prairie Rose room and impress all of our guests with its charm. I'll recommend this space to anyone who asks!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Taylor · Married on 01/28/2017

4.2
      3.5

We had our wedding reception at the Millennium Ballroom at the Avalon West and are so happy we did! I was nervous right away as from the time we toured to our wedding day, we had 4 or 5 different contacts, as they had a lot of turnover with the wedding coordinator position. However, Jackie was our final contact and she is fantastic! She was able to give us great suggestions when we weren't sure what option to pick for food. Multiple staff members came up to us while we were decorating on the morning of the wedding to let us know they were available to help with whatever we needed. The staff was a big help in cleaning up for my family. They helped to clear decorations off of the tables as the dance was happening, which made it quick and easy for my family to pack the decorations of ours away. It was so nice to be at a full service venue where we didn't have to worry about anything!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Avalon Events Center's reply:

Hi Taylor, thank you so much for the kind review! We are so glad that you enjoyed Jackie we think she is fantastic as well. We are so sorry that we had the turnover we had and we wish it didn't have to happen but through all of it we developed a very strong and passionate team. Please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you and we wish you and Johnny the absolute best in your new adventure as newlyweds!