Avalon Catering Reviews

39 | Atlanta, GA

39 Reviews for Avalon Catering

• Madison

Madison T. · Married on 03/10/2020

Perfect food for our dream wedding

Cathy, Ann, and all the folks at Avalon Catering helped us reimagine our wedding during an otherwise very difficult time. The food was delicious and every single moment on our wedding day was perfectly orchestrated, thanks to them.

Sent on 11/12/2020

Avalon Catering's reply:

Thank you Madison! It was a pleasure to work with you. Your wedding weekend was so much fun! We were so happy to have a very skilled team of local servers and chef that made everything go smoothly!
  • Katie

Katie F. · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing service, amazing food!

We originally thought we already had a caterer picked out, but our wedding coordinator steered us toward Avalon. Thank goodness! Avalon was the first company to get back to us with a proposal, and Ann was great about setting up a tasting during our limited time in Atlanta (planning a wedding from out of town is a huge pain in the butt, it turns out). I know I was a pain to get in touch with since I wasn't usually available for phone calls during the work week, but Ann worked with me via email and responded so quickly every time. Having been to a lot of weddings in the last few years, we were terrified of shelling out thousands of dollars for dry chicken and sad green beans, but the tasting at Avalon was fantastic. The food was fresh, local, and tasty for pretty much the same price all the other area caterers were charging. It was really gratifying to hear from our friends and family how much they liked the food because the whole point for us of having a big wedding was to celebrate the people close to us and treat them for the night. I was personally thrilled with the mini tacos at cocktail hour, but I heard from several people about how great the beef was. My sister asked me where I had gotten the food hoping that it was a nearby restaurant she could go to. I wish I could eat Avalon food more often too!

Sent on 10/04/2019

Hi Katie,
    It was was such a pleasure to work with you and Alex. We appreciate you letting us be a part of your wedding day. If we ever decide to open a restaurant, we will be sure to let you and your sister know!
    All the best,
    Ann

Jenny · Married on 09/14/2019

Really delicious!

Avalon catering did a spectacular job catering our wedding. Multiple guests asked me afterwards who catered and bartended so that they could look into booking them for their wedding also. The food was really really delicious and they did an amazing job from start to finish. I could not recommend them more!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Reills

Reills R. · Married on 08/18/2019

Excellent.

I recently worked alongside Emily for a wedding and it was such a pleasure to work with her. As a DJ + MC, it makes a huge difference when you work with someone who can adapt under pressure and do it with grace. Emily did just that. Emily is fun to work with and I hope to work with her in the future. If you need a planner, go with Emily.

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Cherlee

Cherlee · Married on 09/22/2018

Great Food, Great Service

Loved working with Avalon - Laura was very responsive and helped fit everything within our budget.
    She came on site to see what we were working with, and the day of was a breeze!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Vic · Married on 12/31/2017

The whole event was like a dream. It was way beyond anything we had imagined. My family was in awe, I can not thank you enough for making my daughter's dream wedding a reality. The food was delicious and the service was fabulous. The cooperation from the owner and her staff was par excellence. Thank you for making my daughter's day a wonderfully memorable one.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Robin · Married on 01/21/2017

Cathy is a breeze to work with. The food is amazing and at a fabulous price. For our venue the caterer was also the labor force. They did a room flip from ceremony to reception in under 45 minutes. Seriously top notch. If they are free, book them!

Sent on 02/15/2017

Jay · Married on 12/03/2016

Ann Beaman and the staff at Avalon Catering exceeded our expectations for our wedding! The food was "out of this world!" They went above and beyond in making our reception beautiful and enjoyable. The food was not only delicious but it also was presented beautifully. My husband Javier and I are so grateful to Avalon for helping make our wedding memorable for us and all of our guests!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Colleen · Married on 11/19/2016

If you need someone to cater your wedding, this is your company!! All of my guests have raved about how amazing the food was. Cathy and her team are so amazing to work with and so nice during the entire event. I truly cannot say thank you enough for all the hard work and care they put into making the day perfect. Cathy made the wedding planning process so easy for me and my mom. She was so much more than just a catering service, she truly wanted our day to be as perfect as I did and I will forever be grateful for that!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Caroline · Married on 10/29/2016

Avalon is the BEST! I had so many guests rave about the food. They accommodated a gluten free menu and cake. The staff was so nice and made sure we were taken care of. Absolutely amazing!!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2016

Avalon made my backyard wedding a dream. I kept getting compliments on the food and service all night. The staff was amazing. I never had to wait for a response. They made everything so easy and I felt like I truly got a one of a kind menu and experience. The bartender even helped one of our guests ask a neighbor to stop blowing their leaves before the ceremony. I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 12/22/2016

Avalon Catering's reply:

Thank you Sarah. It was such a pleasure to work with you. Your wedding was amazing. You have wonderfully creative friends and family!

Margarita · Married on 09/10/2016

Avalon was the very best decision we made for our daughter's wedding! You hire so many vendors for a wedding and hope for the best! LOL Avalon was responsive and accessible, helpful, creative and thoughtful in planning. The food, of course, is what they are about, and everything was presented beautifully, at proper temperature and was delicious! Write home about this caterer! Their long experience also came in handy for the last minute disasters that pop up (our DJ quit the week of the wedding - eek! ) and they have been around long enough that they were able to give us a name to call. They literally saved the day! Add to that their conscientious and professional staff. Pardon my gushing, but it is not often that people exceed your expectations. Avalon did this, and they did it with style.

Sent on 12/19/2016

Taylor · Married on 08/13/2016

Avalon was wonderful--would highly recommend for any event.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Ashton · Married on 05/07/2016

Have been awesome in assisting with planning our menu. Tasting soon and know it will be as awesome as the people who have worked with us.

Sent on 02/18/2016

Cathy and her team were incredible. The food was delicious, and the service was amazing. As soon as we went to the tasting, we knew Avalon was for us. Since our wedding was also very much DIY, Cathy was great to work with in regards to place settings and bar ware, as for what we needed and what we already had. The day of everything went off flawlessly, and our guests raved about the food and service. We couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Nancy · Married on 04/23/2016

Avalon recently catered my wedding and I couldn't have been more pleased! They were extremely flexible and professional and were able to pull off outdoor passed appetizers and a family-style farm table dinner for 200 people. Many guests have said that the food was the best wedding food they had ever had. And the value is incredible! Cathy and her team were wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend them to others.

Sent on 05/18/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/24/2015

Avalon was so amazing at our wedding. If there was one consistent comment I heard from every guest was that the food was the best food they have ever had at any wedding before. That was so great to hear because food is sooo important to me and my husband. And it did not disappoint!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Donna · Married on 10/03/2015

We used Cathy Conway and Avalon Catering for my daughter’s wedding last weekend. They were outstanding! The food was delicious, the service impeccable, the presentation elegant. But, the true test was their performance when Hurricane Joaquin visited the weekend of the outdoor wedding. Our plans shifted, then shifted again. Cathy took it in stride, flipping the tent in record time, dealt with serving and clean up in grass that had turned to mud in places. The Avalon staff was professional, efficient, and friendly. From the beginning of the process (menu selection, tailoring some items for gluten free guests, dealing with rentals of linens and tableware, coordinating with tent rental and décor providers, tastings, etc., etc.), Cathy and her crew were top notch. My daughter and her groom were overjoyed, the guests were happy and full (and mostly dry), and I was 100% impressed. Bravo, Cathy and Avalon. You were amazing. Thank you for making Jennifer’s wedding a smashing success.

Sent on 10/06/2015

Becky · Married on 07/18/2015

Avalon catering is exceptional!! The food served at my wedding was delicious.. My guests still rave about it!! Kathy is so easy to work with and very good at what she does. I highly recommend using Avalon!!!!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Caitlin · Married on 06/20/2015

Working with Avalon Catering was such an enjoyable experience! I live in Texas but was planning a wedding in Scaly Mountain, NC and was finding it difficult to find the right caterer. Avalon worked with me to come up with a great menu that was able to meet all of our guests needs. Multiple guests were vegetarians and I wanted to make sure we had enough food options for them as well. We ended up with an amazing menu that our friends and family still talk about today! We also ordered our wedding cake through Avalon! It was AMAZING! We alternated layers of Italian cake with raspberry filling and Red Velvet cake. I loved working with Avalon and would highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Avalon Catering's reply:

Thank you for writing a review Caitlin. We loved working with you too!!!!

Anna · Married on 06/13/2015

Cathy and her team at Avalon Catering are wonderful. She was very easy to work with during the planning stages and wow is the food good! My guests still rave that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. Her staff was lovely and very professional. Thanks again!!

Sent on 03/31/2016
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/18/2014

I absolutely love Cathy and the staff at Avalon Catering! Everyone was so easy to work with and they provide a top of the line service! One of my favorite parts about Avalon is their dedication to providing only local, fresh, seasonal ingredients. This means they won't serve fresh peaches in December since they aren't obtainable from a local grower at that time of the year. Their focus on quality food for what I think is a great value is so important. Our guests loved their food at the wedding and so did I and my husband. Our tasting was great, but the food actually served absolutely blew us away with its amazing flavor and quality. I saw tons of people going back for second plates! We didn't even have leftovers!

Sent on 10/28/2014

Kerry · Married on 05/02/2014

First, this was the most delicious food. Apps to cake. Avalon handled everything for us -- decorations, flowers, food, bartending, wonderful wait staff, event management/flow. The only job we had was to provide the place cards. All the rest was handled beautifully!

We did not do a taste test before the event, as we have tasted Cathy Conway's delectable food several times before at other events. Everything was perfect. Can't wait to eat the top of the cake . . . tonight!

Sent on 05/05/2014

Madeline · Married on 04/27/2013

Cathy and the team at Avalon made my April 2013 wedding a huge success. Our venue was the beautiful home of a family friend and while they had hosted large parties and a few small weddings, they'd never done anything there quite as large as our 140 person wedding. Cathy met us at the house several times throughout the planning process to discuss the logistics and flow of the day and her expertise was invaluable to my low stress level. She went above and beyond to answer questions and provide insight in how to make the day perfect.

The food was unbelievable. We had three passed hors d'oeuvres (two kinds of bruschetta, a crispy shrimp filet with avocado salsa and, my personal favorite, a crispy panchetta topped with goat cheese, fig and balsamic reduction) and served dinner family style. The service throughout the evening was perfect, it was so fun watching the caterers bring out the plates of food and seeing my guests' faces light up when they saw the meal. For dinner we had a delicious seasonal salad with fresh peas, radishes, panko breadcrumbs and a tasty buttermilk dressing. The salad was super fresh, crisp and the perfect temperature. Following the salad we had a grilled chicken breast wrapped in proscuitto and a halibut with a tomato buerre blanc sauce that my sister in law wanted to drink straight out of the bowl. For side dishes we had grilled fresh veggies, roasted potatoes and Carolina Gold risotto. Everything was cooked perfectly and served at the right temperature.

Her staff also bar-tended for us at the event and they did a fantastic job. Everyone was friendly and helpful. It gave me great piece of mind knowing the Avalon staff was taking care of things. Everything went smoothly and I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 07/31/2013

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2012

We worked with Avalon for our wedding reception (70 guests) in December of 2012, and we couldn’t have been happier. They were one of the less expensive caterers in our search, but you certainly couldn’t tell from the experience we had! Cathy was pleasant, flexible and patient as we went through the process of figuring out what we wanted, and our guests raved that it was some of the best wedding food they had ever had. Some of the favorites were the beef short ribs, the “shrimp and grits” hors d’oeuvres, and the rice middlins risotto, which was so creamy that bets were being placed on whether or not the grits had made another appearance. The service was excellent, the timing was perfect, and they had no problem working with our venue, which was slightly more casual than most (Paris on Ponce). We highly suggest going with Avalon for your next event!

Sent on 08/13/2013