Avalanche Sound & Lights Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Kerryn
    Kerryn C. Married on 06/26/2021

Professional, Fun, Responsive - An Excellent Experience

I can't say enough great things about Scott and his wife, Lisa. They were extremely responsive and friendly throughout the planning process, even working with us to reschedule due to COVID. On the day of the event, they arrived on time, set up a professional display, were well prepared, and worked with us to adjust the agenda as needed. They accommodated all of our requests without any issues whatsoever. They were kind and thoughtful and they contributed so much to the evening. Thank you, Scott and Lisa, for everything you did to make this a wonderful event for our family!

Kerryn,
    You all were so fun to work with, which made our job so easy! Loved meeting your family and friends. Randy & Julia are so blessed to have such an awesome family. Thank you for your kind words and I hope our paths cross again someday.

Laura G. Married on 05/29/2021

Kept the dance floor going!

We enjoyed having Scott as our DJ. He was very communicative leading up to the wedding and sent a detailed timeline for the day. We had a downpour during the ceremony and a power surge during the reception that he had to work through, but he kept the dance floor going once the power came on! There was a mixup with one of the slow songs where a different song was played instead of one we chose, but overall would recommend and a good value for his services.

Hi Laura,

Thanks for the review. It was a great day for sure. Wish mother nature would have cooperated a little more, but over all it was a perfect day. I know your friends and family had a blast and that made our night. Not sure what song got mixed up, but I think overall everything went very well.

Best of luck,
    Avalanche Sound, Lights & Photo Booths
  • Brittany
    Brittany M. Married on 05/22/2021

We hired Scott for our ceremony & reception.

WE LOVED IT! Very fun & professional. All of my guests loved him and his set up! I would do it all over again!!

Brittany & Josh,

Thank you so much for the nice words. It was a pleasure being part of your special day and meeting your family & friends. We truly wish you the best of everything and we hope our paths cross again someday.

Kimberly M. Married on 05/22/2021

Everyone at wedding was pleased. Did an excellent job!

I feel they went above and beyond to make everyone happy. They were professional and very friendly. Was a pleasure meeting them and having them for my daughter and son-in-law’s special day. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Kim,
    Thank you very much for the kind words. You all were so much fun and it made my job even easier. Such a great crowd for sure. Brittany & Jacob make a cute couple and we wish them many years of happiness. It was a pleasure meeting you all and we can only hope our paths will cross again someday.

Best wishes my friend,
  • Brianne
    Brianne T. Married on 05/15/2021

Incredible Service.

Words cannot begin to explain how thankful I am for Mr. Ely to take the time out of his day and speak to me and my husband a week after our wedding to discuss the snag in the rug that had occured. (I was under a LOAD of stress on my wedding day and I was firing on all cylinders). That call shows just how much Mr. Ely cares and wants to make things right for any and all brides and brides-to-be. If you are looking for a super caring, friendly, detail-oriented, and patient DJ, Mr. Ely is the one for you! He will definitely get your crowd moving and his number one goal is to make the bride and groom (or brides / grooms) happy on their big day!

Brianne & Isaac,

Thank you so much for your kind words. This means so much more than you can ever realize. It was a pleasure to be part of such an awesome day. We absolutely loved the venue you chose, but only wished we could have more time with to get your crowd out there on the dance floor. Unfortunately time and other wedding events have to be done too. It was a beautiful wedding and we are thankful we were part of it all. We wish you all the very best and we hope our paths cross again someday. Please keep us in mind for any event where you may need our services. You are a beautiful couple and we wish you many, many years of happiness. Thanks again for your understanding and kind words.

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh N. Married on 05/08/2021

Heller wedding

We had such a great evening with DJ Scott Ely. He made our ceremony and reception so amazing! He also helped the planning process so easy! Thank you Scott for doing our wedding

Ashleigh and Aaron Heller

Ashleigh & Aaron,

Thanks you so much for the great review. You all were great to work with and I thoroughly enjoyed being part of your special day. I hope our paths cross again someday. Please feel free to share my contact info with your family & friends.

Elizabeth N. Married on 04/10/2021

Highly recommend!!

Scott was great to work with! He consistently communicated with me to ensure the reception timeline was perfect. I did not have to worry about planning my reception because he took care of everything and through coordinating with my wedding planner. Highly recommend!

Elizabeth & Kyle,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and great review. This means more than you know. You all were so fun to work with and I hope our paths cross again someday. We wish you both the very best and if we can ever help you in the future please don't hesitate to ask.
    www.avalanchesoundandlights.com
  • Lisa
    Lisa H. Married on 04/08/2021

Great Music – Great Pics – Great Memories – Awesome Party!

We wanted both Scott for the DJ and Lisa for the photo booth. We were not disappointed! It was all so much fun! The wedding was held at our church, but the dinner/dance was at a separate event center. The guests were all enjoying the music and photo booth way before the wedding party arrived. Scott was on top of the party and we had so many compliments about the music and just how much fun everything was. Everyone danced that was able to move!! Great party! Thank you for the memories!

Hey Lisa,

Thank you so much for the kind review. You all were so much fun to work with and we are so glad it all worked out in the end. It was definitely a fun day for sure. Lisa & I wish you both all the happiness in the world. Hope our paths cross again someday!!

Kaitlyn L. Married on 03/08/2021

Personal and Professional!

Scott made sure every minute of the reception was perfect! He included music for all age groups and made sure everyone had the BEST time!!

Hey Kaitlyn & Nick,
    Thank you so much for the review. It was truly a blast being part of ya all’s big day. We are glad everything worked out for you all. Take care and best wishes!!

• Joan
    Joan S. Married on 03/08/2021

A 2020 Wedding!

I must say in this unusual time to have a dream wedding, we would not have been able to get through this without the help and dedication of Scott and Lisa. We began the process with them with more than a year to plan. From the beginning they were on top of things helping us choose music, a logo and other things they could provide to make this wedding filled with fun. Then Covid hit and we were unable to have the dream wedding as planned. We quickly rescheduled and they were right there with us during the process. Little did we know that after a four month reschedule we would have to change things again. We were no longer able to have our large venue and our wedding was cut back to one third of the original invites and the space was cut even smaller than that. But Scott and Lisa were right there beside us. They were flexible with the changes and gave us some terrific input on how to make this work. Even at the last minute when a torrential rain and a lightning strike came upon us, they helped change things up so we could continue to have fun and enjoy our time. Yes 2020 has not been the clear vision we had hoped for but Scott and Lisa of Avalanche Sound were the perfect "glasses " to put on so that we could see!! Thank you both for all you did to make it wonderful. Love you guys.

Hey Joan,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for the awesome review. It means more than you know. Yes, it definitely has been a trying time the past few months, but I think your "AWESOME TEAM" pulled it off quite well to say the least. We are so happy for Kaitlyn & Nick and wish you all the very best. The big day was truly a success without a doubt....Covid, rain and all. We love you guys and can't wait to see you soon!!

• Hayley
    Hayley M. Married on 03/04/2021

The best around hands down! Look no further!!

Avalanche Sound & Lights!!! Using Scott was the best decision we made. I knew from day one that we would be using the same DJ that my sister used when she got married, Scott Ely. I have been in/attended a lot of weddings and having an experienced DJ is so so so important. Scott undeniably the best DJ around. He reads the crowd, and ensures that the party keeps moving. Scott has an amazing set of skills, that ensures that your day will go by without a glitch. Our wedding was truly amazing and we give a huge amount of credit to Avalanche Sound & Lights for that, Scott & his wife Lisa were absolutely amazing to work with from start to finish. They were always so responsive and really helped us figure out what would work best any time we were indecisive. From the music for our ceremony, to the cocktail hour music, to the entire reception. Scott took a ton of time to get to know us and made sure our wedding truly reflected our personal style. And everyone had such a great time, which was really the most important thing to us. The dance floor stayed full all night long!! Family and friends are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding! Avalanche Sound & Lights was honestly one of the best decisions we made, so seriously, if you are still looking for your DJ - stop. You will not be disappointed! We can't recommend Scott and his wife Lisa Enough!!

Hayley & Jeremy,

You guys were so much fun to work with and we were so glad to be part of your special day. You were such a beautiful bride and it made us both so happy to see you both enjoy the day/night like you did. We wish you the very best best and all the happiness in the world.

• Katie
    Katie H. Married on 12/19/2020

Overall excellent experience

Scott and his wife were such a pleasure to work with! Truly an amazing company! They’re very detailed and want to make sure they make your day the best ever!

Katie,
    Thank you so much for your kind review. It means more than you know. It was our pleasure to be part of such an awesome night. You and Michael did it right without a doubt. It was truly a perfect night and throughly enjoyed it for sure. Once again....”CONGRATULATIONS” and we wish you both the very best!!!

Mindy G. Married on 11/14/2020

Scott’s super job

Scott does a great job he is very detail oriented and loves to make sure that everything is done right . he keeps the guest entertained and he goes above and beyond to do his best

Hey Mindy,

Thank you so much for the kind review. It is always a joy to work with you and can't wait to do it again. It was fun meeting your family and friends. Samantha & Brandon got off to a great start for sure.

• Melanie
    Melanie S. Married on 10/17/2020

Scott is the best!

I could not have asked for a better DJ! I first saw Scott at a wedding I had attended when I first got engaged so I reached out to him to see if he had our date available and luckily he did. He is very thorough with the planning process and super easy to communicate with. He even took a few candid pictures of us at the wedding which I thought was so sweet. If you are looking for a DJ, he is your guy! You also can't beat his prices.

Hey Melanie & Trey,
    "Congratulations" again my friends! We saw your honeymoon pics and they were amazing to say the very least. I bet it was hard to leave that place for sure. Thank you so much for the kind words and great review. You guys were so fun to work with and we loved meeting your family and friends. It was truly a blast!! We truly hope our paths cross again someday. You are a beautiful couple and we wish you all the happiness in the world.

Lori T. Married on 10/10/2020

Awesome Time

We had the best rehearsal dinner and wedding reception thanks to DJ Scott and Lisa Ely. Scott did a great job acquiring and playing all the songs requested. He was soo easy to work with. He arrived in a timely manner and was dressed very professional. Lisa did an amazing job with the photo mirror. It was a big hit. They helped our guess have the best time both nights. The dance floor was never empty. Our guest were asking for his info during the night. We will definitely use Avalanche Sound, Lights & Photo Booth in the future. Love you guys!

Hi Lori,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. You all were so fun to work with and it was great meeting everyone. We felt like we had been friends for years. Lisa and I both hope our paths cross again. Megan and Jason started out right without a doubt and we wish them all the happiness in the world.

Thanks again and best of luck,
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing! 10/10 recommend

Scott and his wife were absolutely amazing to use for my wedding on October 10th! We opted for the mirror photo booth and I’m so glad that we did! It was such a hit! My now husband and I threw Scott a curve ball and wanted him to do a NBA style bridal party intro and he delivered! We wrote out sayings for each member of our bridal party and had them introduced. It was such a hit! They were so flexible with us changing venues last minute and were so easy to work with :) 10/10 recommend!

Megan & Jason,
    “CONGRATULATIONS” again my friends! You all were so fun to work with and I knew you would be from the first time we met. We absolutely loved meeting your friends and family and spending the wedding weekend with them all. The teamwork we witnessed to make this the best day ever for you two was definitely over the top!! There was not only hard work involved, but sooo much love too. You both are very blessed for sure. Lisa and I wish you the very best and I truly hope and pray our paths cross again soon.

Amy J. Married on 09/26/2020

Avalanche brought down the house!!!

Ahhhhhh, so much to say!! Scott was amazing. It was like he knew exactly what to play and when. Amazing at reading his audience!! He was so gracious about the set up.. it was outside and it had just stormed the day prior.. But Scott and Lisa knocked it outta the park. We truly couldn't have been happier and oor more grateful for the atmosphere he created!! Definitely a great kickoff party to celebrate my Graduate starting her life!!

Avalanche Sound & Lights's reply:

Awe...Thank you so much Amy for the great review! It means more than you know. We had a blast being part of Amerie’s Graduation party and meeting the Family. Amerie is quite an appropriative and beautiful young lady, which made the night that much better!! Congratulations Amerie!!

Love ya,
  • Kelly
    Kelly C. Married on 09/19/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

I have had the opportunity to work with Avalanche Sounds and Lights on 2 different occasions and both time they knocked it out of the park. Wow! I can’t imagine why anyone would use anyone else. Scott and Lisa are amazing and make such a great team! They go above and beyond. I absolutely love them!

Hey Kelly,
    Thank you sooo much my friend. We had a blast working with you and the rest of your team to make this retirement party extra special for John. It couldn’t have turned out any better....that’s for sure. Take care and can’t wait to do it again!!

Jingjing Married on 09/19/2020

Best DJ in Raleigh area

Scott is an amazing DJ! He is very responsive and also flexible with my changes of song choices. He also played a very important role in my wedding and made all guests very excited and happy. I highly recommend Scott to any weddings or other occasions, and he also offers a reasonable price.

Jingjing & Mengze,

What a great wedding day!! Thank you so much for your kind words and awesome review. It was an honor to be part of your special day and we wish you both much happiness. I hope our paths cross again some day.

• Katelynn
    Katelynn Married on 09/18/2020

The best DJ in NC

When we first met Scott he was such a sweet genuine soul we got along great and had a wonderful conversation. After our first initial meeting we knew right away we wanted to hire him. So we did and we were not disappointed he played every song I requested and even when people came up to him and asked him to play a sing he did. His light set up made the dance floor come alive and made everyone get on their feet and move. It was such a wonderful night and we couldn't of asked for a better DJ. If you want a dj who is super sweet and so is his beautiful wife who will keep the party going hire him right away! Best prices, best service, best personality.

Katelynn & Nick,
    Awe....thank you soooo much for your awesome review. It means more than you know without a doubt. You guys were so fun to work with and Lisa and I are so very happy for you both. What a great night!!! Best wishes and I hope our paths cross again in the future!

Take care,
  • Fleur Claudette Amorosi
    Fleur C. Married on 08/30/2020

Personable and Professional

After reading DJ Scott's "about me" section, I already had a great feeling his personality will match my husband and I's... and I was right. He was prompt to respond to my inquiry and continue to do so as my questions and excitement grew. We decided to meet in person (for formality purposes. I've had a gut feeling he was the right DJ for us from the get go.). Our meeting went very well! He was extremely detailed, listened to what I wanted, and provided feedback to some ideas I had.

Unfortunately, my husband and I needed to cancel our reception due to unexpected circumstances. Even though we're not doing it this year, we will definitely go back to DJ Scott once we're ready!

Hey Claudette,

Thank you so much. It was a pleasure meeting you and I am looking to someday being part of your big day. We will definitely do it up big for sure. Please take care and if I can be of any help just let me know.

• Wendy
    Wendy R. Married on 08/04/2020

Best DJ around!

Scott goes above and beyond to make your wedding day perfect!

Avalanche Sound & Lights's reply:

Hey Wendy....Thanks a bunch girl for the great review. I wish you and Greg the best and please keep me in mind for future events.

Congrats again!!!

• Ian
    Ian Married on 07/03/2020

What an amazing time!!

We hired DJ Scott Ely for our wedding before this COVID-19 pandemic evolved. As the situation worsened we found ourselves having to replan our wedding one week prior to the due date to move it to our home front/backyard. Scott was with us throughout the entire process and was very flexible with the last minute changes. He made creating the music timeline very easy as he provided us with a template and song list examples. We danced all night long. He not only played what we requested but his music selection was perfect and kept people on the dance floor even with a 90 degree weather. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and fun. So if you want to hire an excellent DJ, consider DJ Scott Ely. He also works for himself so you will get him. You are not hiring some DJ company and getting some random DJ assigned.

Ian & Katia,
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You guys were sooooo much fun. I told you that COVID mess wasn't going to keep us down. Lisa and I were so happy to be part of your big day and it couldn't have been better if we tried. We truly hope our paths cross again in the future. We wish you all the happiness in the world!!

• christina
    Christina Married on 05/16/2020

It was the best reception ever!

We really loved working with Scott from the start! He not only helps you with timelines but he helps make sure your day is everything and more! Our party was nonstop dancing all night and all of our guests kept coming up to us saying this is the best wedding ever and it's all thanks to Scott! Don't look any further he's the best!

Christina & Ryan,
    It was soooo much fun being part of your special day. We had a blast working with you all and helping make Feb 13th the best day ever. We loved meeting your family and friends and sharing the fun with everyone. What a fun group to say the least. We truly enjoyed every minute of the night. I hope our paths cross again and we wish you both all the happiness in the world.