Austin Smith Events Reviews

Austin Smith Events 1
Austin Smith Events 2
Austin Smith Events 3

Matt Flynn · Married on 11/16/2018

Professional and appeals to large crowds

We had the pleasure of working with Austin for our wedding night. Austin was very professional and kept us on track with the schedule all night. The music selection was tailored to us and worked out perfectly. Would absolutely recommend him and his company to others.

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks buddy! Had a great time with you and Sadie! Couldn't have been a more perfect night and was great getting to see all the guys. Glad I got to be apart of y'all's big day!!

Ashley Fox · Married on 11/04/2018

Amazing experience!

Austin was perfect! Super fun to work with, and knows what he’s doing! He had the perfect timeline planned out for the reception and offered so many new innovative ideas to put a twist on typical wedding reception traditions! The music was absolutely perfect from beginning to end, and the night ended entirely too soon! Also would highly recommend using his lighting. He has any color you can think of, and had people in awe on the dance floor! Use the sparkulars for a one of a kind jaw dropping exit!

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks so much Ashley! I had a great time getting to know you all and your families! The Sparkulars for the sendoff really set it off, your dad had way too much fun with them after y'all left haha. Happy holidays!
  • Kat

Kat Kegley · Married on 11/02/2018

Wonderful!!

Made the night so much fun and was very easy to work with!!

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Had a great time partying with you all out at Coles Garden. Let me know if you all or your companies need anything else. Happy holidays!

Kelsey Castleman · Married on 10/26/2018

Couldn’t have chose a better Dj

He was great and helped our night go so smooth! Very professional and had several meetings with me to make sure things went exactly how I wanted!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks girl! Turned out to be a beautiful day and awesome party! Love getting to know you all! Let me know if you ever need anything else!

Leslie · Married on 09/15/2018

Absolutely amazing!!

To any of my friends who are looking for a quality DJ for their wedding, I’d highly recommend Austin. He was extremely easy to work with, and coordinated with our planners to make our wedding day go as smoothly as it could have gone! Everything with the ceremony went perfectly and he got everyone out on the dance floor for our reception. He went above and beyond to make sure we all had a great time.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks so much girl! So glad I got to come to Breck and partying with you all! Let me know next time you all want to go lol

Summer · Married on 09/08/2018

If you are looking for the best of the best DJ, look no further! Austin was the DJ for our wedding and we would choose him over and over again. Austin exceeded our expectations with his fun personality, professionalism, great taste in music, ability to set the tone via lighting, cater to our needs, and show everyone a GREAT time! He was made for this!! BOOK HIM NOW!

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much girl! Getting to know y'all's families was an awesome time! Hope you are Drew finish up the house before it starts getting to cold out haha. Happy holidays!!

Griffin · Married on 09/07/2018

We are so happy to have had Austin as our wedding DJ! From the start he was a great communicator and made sure every detail of our evening was well thought out. We really appreciated his interest in learning details about our relationship so that he could personalize the evening to be unique and special for us. His music, lighting, MC, and just everything was all so perfect. Had multiple guests come to us afterwards wanting his contact information. We would highly recommend him to anyone!

Devon · Married on 06/03/2018

Austin was AMAZING. He had everything organized down to the second. He not only played amazing music and made us all have an amazing time, but he coordinated the entire reception. My husband and I signed our marriage license during our ceremony in front of everyone and completely forgot to tell him about it or pick a song. Austin was so quick on his feet and had a beautiful song playing in seconds. What could have been a very awkward silence turned into a beautiful moment for us all! I HIGHLY recommend Austin Smith Events! Thank you for everything Austin!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Devon! Y’all were amazing! Hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Elyse · Married on 05/25/2018

DJs are absolutely vital to your wedding day. They can make or break your reception. And the best way to ensure you have a phenomenal reception is booking Austin. I worked with Austin before I ever got engaged and when I saw the atmosphere he was able to create, I knew I had to book him for my wedding. You will not be disappointed. He is worth every stinking penny.

Sent on 07/13/2018

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Elyse!! Your wedding was definitely worth the drive!

Dean · Married on 04/28/2018

Love getting to work with Austin Smith Events and his crew! Weddings, corporate events, rentals or whatever else you need he has it!

Sent on 04/29/2018
    Austin Smith Events 4

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks! Always a pleasure getting to work with you!

Dana · Married on 04/26/2018

Austin was fantastic! He kept everything running so smoothly and coordinated with other vendors and staff seamlessly. We would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 05/03/2018

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Dana, had a great time working and getting to know you all!

Beth · Married on 03/23/2018

Austin was so awesome to work with! We worked a wedding together out at The Orchard in Azle back in March and he was so professional and easy going. Everything ran on time, looked beautiful, and was so much fun. Can't wait to work with him again in the hopefully near future! If you're in need of DJ/Planner in DFW, he's your man!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks so much Beth! That might be the first review ever where someone said everything ran ON TIME hahaha. But thank you for the kind words, you were awesome and hope we get to work more weddings with you. We'll meet up soon to talk about the whole magic business lol ; )

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

promise you will not regret hiring Austin. He was kind, organized and energetic - all the things I wanted on the day of my wedding. Prior to the wedding, I wanted someone who could envision the day with me, and he did just that. He was so easy to talk to and executed everything perfectly. He definitely brought the party and kept it going, our wedding was a blast because of him. Thank you, Austin, from the bottom of my heart for such a great time!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! This is one of the best / funniest reviews ever! "Instead of going to Bedlam" and "Even gave my husband the mic!" haha. I had a great time with you all!! Hope I get to work with you all again at one of your corporate parties or a reunion or something, loved y'all!!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 10/06/2017

So happy we chose Austin as our wedding DJ! He put our minds at ease during the planning process and did a wonderful job keeping everyone on track and happy during our celebration! Everything went flawless! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/19/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank so much Heather, glad I got to know you all and be apart of your wedding. Had a great time!!

Megan · Married on 08/26/2017

He took care of us, and was there early on top of everything. So thankful to have someone that did lighting, music, collaborated with my other vendors and who basically planned out our wedding timeline. He did an amazing job! Happy that we chose Austin!

Sent on 09/21/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks so much Megan, y'all were awesome!! See you up at the OSU tailgates!

Meg · Married on 07/15/2017

I was one who didn't think the DJ was one of the top important things at our wedding when we first started planning, and now that the day is done I can tell you how wrong I was to think that! The entire flow of the day and the overall feeling wouldn't be what it was with out Austin's services. He helped keep us on schedule, keep the crowed entertained and of course kept everyone dancing! Austin not only planned out the agenda for the day,but also he was the sole person to help keep it on track, and that was invaluable. From the introductions, to the garter/ bouquet toss to the flow of music, Austin helped make it what it was! It may seem like the DJ is just in the background, but they really are responsible for the entire feeling of the night. I couldn't have known how valuable Austin was until it was over, but now I know and would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/25/2017
    Austin Smith Events 5

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks girl! So glad I got to come up there and party with you all. Such an awesome weekend!!

Chelsea · Married on 07/08/2017

Holy moly where do I even begin to describe our amazing experience with Austin! He truly MADE are wedding the most memorable night of our lives! He is truly dedicated to his work as a DJ. He will go above and beyond to make sure your music is exactly how you want it down to a T. He was with us every step of the way when planning our reception music and it could not have gone better! He is so personable and I couldn't have asked for a more incredible person to not only have as a DJ, but to serve as an awesome MC for the night. We received nothing but compliments about how awesome our reception was and how great the music was! It was more perfect than I ever could imagine and I would highly recommend him to anyone! :)

Sent on 07/31/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Chelsea!! I'm so glad you all had a great time. You all were so awesome to work with. I hope that we can party again together at your friends weddings or your company parties or something here soon! Let me know when you all are going out in OKC and we'll meet up!

Amanda · Married on 06/10/2017

We loved working with Austin! We hired him to DJ our wedding and he was there every step of the way! Austin offered great ideas for our reception and was so easy to work with. He is organized and very professional! Austin was amazing at reading the crowd and knowing exactly what to play so that our guests had a great time! We were so impressed and highly recommend Austin for any event or DJ needs!

Sent on 07/03/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks Mrs. Fobes! Y'all were awesome, so glad I got to be apart of your wedding!

Jackie · Married on 06/03/2017

As a wedding photographer, I rely heavily on a professional DJ who is able to deliver a quality, fun, and energized event. Austin coordinated with me weeks before the actual wedding to make sure we were on the same page. He was extremely knowledgeable and expeditious in all communications. I knew before I even showed up that it was going to run smoothly. I was confident that having a professional on board, I would be properly cued for important events, such as first dance, toast, cake cutting, & the send off. I was highly impressed with his ability to navigate unanticipated circumstances with grace & knew just how to keep the spirit of the party alive and kicking. Austin exceeded all my expectations; a sentiment I heard echoed throughout the wedding by the wedding party & guests. Anyone who hires Austin is guaranteed a stellar reception! I hope we work together again soon.

Sent on 07/24/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Jackie, you were awesome!! I wish I could work with a photographer like you all the time. I'm about to go look through all the pictures you sent me today, can't wait!!

Audrey · Married on 06/03/2017

Austin was the best choice we could have made for a DJ! He is super organized, has the fastest response time ever and really wants you to enjoy your big day. We didn't have a coordinator at our wedding and Austin totally took care of everything. He comes with a timeline ready and sticks to it without making anything feel rushed, always wants to try and add a personal touch to the reception and most importantly keeps the party alive. We used some of his "intelligent lights" which was an awesome choice, it really set the vibe and allowed for a spot light on first dances. We would totally recommend Austin to anyone looking for a stress free experience!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Audrey, you & Ryan Skillern, your families, and all your friends were a blast to party with! I'll let you know next time I'm down in Arlington and we can go back to Blue Mesa again haha.

Catherine · Married on 05/20/2017

Austin pulled off a flawless evening for our wedding! The dance floor was literally packed until the very last song and the energy was high all night. He did an incredible job as both a DJ and an MC. What I loved most about working with him was that he did not have the attitude of "this is how I've always done things so this is what we are doing". He worked with us and found all sorts of creative ideas and unique solutions to some special things we wanted to incorporate during the ceremony. My brother is a musician and played the father/daughter dance song live, and Austin called him and worked with him to make sure he had all the right equipment and they made a plan together. It's very refreshing to work with someone who's so passionate and excited to try new things and really loves their job. I'll definitely be recommending him to my friends & family in the area. Thanks Austin!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank so so much Catherine! Y'all were awesome and so much fun!

Ben · Married on 05/18/2017

The weather on our wedding day was awful. Severe thunderstorms with a strong chance of tornadoes. By the end of the day there were even two cyclones that had touched down nearby!
    We ended up starting the ceremony early and about half of the guests never showed up at all. On top of that the guests that did show up weren't exactly the party animals of the family.... luckily Austin knew exactly how to get everyone into the moment and keep the party alive! We were so happy with the service he provided and although I can't speak for all of the guests, my wife and I had a great time. We definitely recommend this DJ!

Sent on 06/15/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks Ben! Crazy weather that day but still had a great time with you all and all your friends! Congrats on the little one, enjoy being a father!!

drew · Married on 04/29/2017

Austin did a great job DJing our wedding. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks Drew, your wedding was insanely awesome, I had so much fun and hope you all did as well! Thanks again, you were great to work with!

drew · Married on 04/29/2017

Austin did a great job DJing our wedding. He was professional and responsive during the planning phase. The music was great and he was an entertaining host throughout the night. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/21/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thanks buddy! So glad we found each other, one of the most fun weddings I've ever got to DJ. Loved your EDM style, so much fun!!!

Jordan · Married on 04/15/2017

Austin will bring a customized party for a great price! He is such a pleasure to work with and will customize your event to meet your needs. He kept the follow of our reception flowing and the dance floor full! Because of him, our reception was exactly what we were dreaming of!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Austin Smith Events's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs. Bradford! Had an awesome time out at the barn with you all. I'll be in touch to find out what to do when I go to London lol.