Aurora Cellars Estate Reviews

21 | Lake Leelanau, MI

21 Reviews for Aurora Cellars Estate

Summer Diehl · Married on 08/04/2019

We had the most amazing day ever

Aurora is the best place hands down to have a wedding, Kristie, Ava and the rest of the staff literally go above and beyond and they made our wedding day so special. Me and my husband joe keep saying we would relive this day over again and not change a thing! The venue is perfect and so beautiful and the wine is so good! If your indecisive on where you should get married look no further.. this is your place. I am so thankful for everything they did for us to make it such a seamless and beautiful wedding. I have gotten so many compliments from so many people saying this was the most beautiful and fun wedding they have been to, thank you so much aurora cellars for creating so many beautiful memories for us. We also rented out the beautiful cottage on the vineyard and loved it so much and are definitely talking about renting it out again next summer!!!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Julie Gray · Married on 07/20/2019

Miracle Under the Willow

The venue had us when we saw the beautiful willow tree nestled next to a landscaped brook of water over looking the estates gorgeous vineyard. The tent with concrete floors, twinkle lights and beautiful beaded chandeliers make for a lovely intimate setting for a reception . The team at Aurora is professional, passionate, and responsive. After a year of planning and every detail thought out with special care , the only thing we could not control was the weather . We had rain (pouring rain) hours before the wedding and back up plans in place to hold ceremony under the tent . Thirty minutes prior to the wedding the sky’s parted and our events planner Miranda from Sincerely Ginger walked in and asked us to make the last call. She said the team from Aurora were drying off every chair !!! Kristi was not going to have us be the first wedding not under the Willow.
    The team , the venue , the cottage for getting ready make for a magical place to be married .

Sent on 09/11/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2019

Beautiful venue, great inclusions, helpful coordinator

We just held our wedding for 140 guests at Aurora Cellars Estate and could not be happier with the entire process and how everything turned out! Kristi is the events coordinator at Aurora and she is top-notch. No question or inquiry went unanswered, she was present for every site visit and was truly an expert on not only the venue, but on the entire Leelanau peninsula and local vendors. It's because of her organization and meticulous planning that our day went over without a hitch! The on-site farmhouse was such a wonderful amenity to the venue package. I loved getting to watch my day come together from start to finish, all while getting pampered inside with my bridesmaids. The only complaint is that we got married during fruit fly season, so we had some unexpected guests at our rehearsal dinner and in the house. Nothing a few traps couldn't fix! Overall, highly recommend this beautiful venue for your wedding weekend!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Sheri

Sheri Bokros · Married on 09/02/2018

Great Experience

Allison and I had a wonderful experience with having our wedding at Aurora Cellars! Kristi and her team did a great job of making our day so special. Plus they have great wine, so we will be back on our next trip to Traverse City! :)

Sent on 11/18/2018

Aurora Cellars Estate's reply:

Sheri, we loved celebrating with you and Allison on your most special day, please visit soon!

Kristi

tracy · Married on 06/02/2018

The setting was perfect!! Staff was extremely accommodating, easy to work with, and very responsive. Kristi from Aurora was always available and really made sure we had the best experience possible! She had a bottle of wine with a personalized note waiting for us in the farm house. Kristi even went to her house to get a Kitchenaid mixer so that our wedding cake could be made at the farm house the day before the wedding. Everything Aurora includes with their venue we could not find anywhere else. We cannot recommend and praise them enough!

Sent on 06/18/2018

caitlin · Married on 09/30/2017

Aurora Cellars was the perfect venue for our wedding! They truly went above and beyond my husband and my expectations. Not only is the venue gorgeous, but Kim was great to work with and met our every need. The staff also made sure everything was in tip top shape and was on top of everything from start to finish. And on top of that, we were able to stay in the beautiful farmhouse on the property, which was the perfect place to get ready with my bridal party. I could not have imagined a more beautiful and perfect place to get married and we cannot wait to come back to visit for our anniversary next year! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in Northern Michigan!

Sent on 11/19/2017

ashlee · Married on 08/12/2017

Gorgeous venue with attentive staff!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Anna · Married on 07/29/2017

Most beautiful venue with everything you need on site! The farmhouse was beautiful and so was the tent. The staff is AMAZING and the wide was GREAT!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Paul · Married on 07/15/2017

Great wedding venue. Kim is wonderful to work with.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Leslie · Married on 10/01/2016

We can't say enough great things about our experience having our Wedding at Aurora Cellars. From the farmhouse to the vineyards, everything was perfect. Kim is wonderful to work with and makes things super easy. And to add to all of that, the wine is FANTASTIC!!!! We recommend Aurora Cellars to everyone we talk to.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2016

Couldn't have picked a better venue! The staff and the fast response time was just beyond amazing!!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Carrie · Married on 08/27/2016

We couldn't have been happier with Aurora Cellars for our Wedding reception last August! It rained like mad but the venue was beautiful and everyone had an amazing time! Kim and all the staff at Aurora were professional and answered all of our questions in the weeks leading up to the event...made the day a breeze!!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

LeaAnne · Married on 06/11/2016

My daughter's wedding took place at the beautiful Aurora Cellars on June 11, 2016. Since I was new to the area and my daughter had recently moved out of the state I relied heavily on Kim's expertise and recommendations. Kim and her staff were available every step of the way. Always positive, helpful, and accommodating! I highly recommend this wedding venue. This special day was picture perfect for our family. Cheers to Kim, Kara, and the wonderful staff!??

Sent on 08/17/2016

Adrienne · Married on 05/28/2016

When my fiance and I booked Aurora Cellars as our wedding venue, not much was done with the property as they were redoing the grounds. We took a leap of faith and I could not be happier with our decision! They kept us abreast of the updates as they happened and all the promises that were made prior to the renovation had exceeded our expectations by the time our wedding came around. Kim was amazing- her responsiveness was great and she made herself available any time we needed her help. We received so many compliments on the venue and the location- it was absolutely picturesque. We also stayed at the farmhouse which was beautiful and so convenient. I couldn't be more pleased with our choice to use Aurora Cellars as our venue!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Aurora Cellars Estate's reply:

Congratulations Adrienne and Matt. Beautiful Day with you all!!

Ashley · Married on 08/15/2015

So far working with Aurora Cellars Estate has truly been a pleasure. Their enthusiasm, attention to detail, and quick response time has made this wedding planning a smooth and fun process! My favorite part about Aurora Cellars, besides their fantastic wine (added bonus), is how they really care about what you want and need out of a venue. They will go out of their way to make sure your wedding is everything you dreamed of and more! We can't wait for 8/15/15!

Sent on 12/01/2014

My now husband and I were looking for a venue for our wedding in the TC area. We stumbled across Aurora Cellars. We had a small wedding of 45. I worked with Kim and she was fantastic. She was very accommodating, easy to get a hold of and flexible. There is a farm house onsite as well that we stayed at during the wedding festivities....1 word....gorgeous. I would highly recommend this venue whether you are having a small wedding or large. They have updated their space to accommodate large weddings.

Sent on 09/04/2015

Aurora Cellars Estate's reply:

Thank you Monika, Beautiful Weekend Wedding. We love your photos under the willow!
  • Clare

Clare Riley · Married on 06/15/2019

Magical wedding venue!

Hosting our wedding at Aurora Cellars was absolutely the best decision! It was such a joy to work with Kristi and the Aurora team. Our planning experience went so smoothly due to quick and easy communication, and the suggestions and assistance of Kristi. The space is so magical and our guests commented that it was the most beautiful setting they have ever attended a wedding at. The weather was looking especially rainy and cold for our day. I was feeling very upset and stressed, but Kristi and her team worked alongside our day of coordinator to create the perfect plan and back up plan. Thankfully, our day was perfectly sunny and warm...but it was so nice knowing we had a plan either way. In addition to the 3 bedroom farmhouse included in the wedding package , I absolutely recommend renting the vineyard cottage for the wedding party or wedding guests. It was such a cute space that was also conveniently located on the property. It was so nice to have my immediate family and the bridal party both stay on site for the weekend. Also, the wine was amazing! We are so happy with how everything turned out, and our wedding would have not been as perfect anywhere else

Sent on 07/07/2019

Aurora Cellars Estate's reply:

My Dear Clare, Team Aurora absolutely loved being a part of your special day, so thankful for your kind words. Please come visit as often as life allows!

Kristi

Kelly · Married on 08/05/2017

We absolutely loved our wedding at Aurora Cellars. We're from Texas and Kim and her crew made everything so easy to handle from afar. They were very accommodating and willing to do whatever kind of setup requested but also were happy to provide suggestions regarding what has worked well there in the past. They even allowed us to bring our dog to be part of the ceremony which was was extra special to us. We had so many compliments on how beautiful the location was and if I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Tuesday · Married on 08/08/2015

Kim is extremely pleasant to work with as is everyone else that works at Aurora. Our wedding turned out beautiful and they worked hard to make sure it did. Kim was very open to any feedback I had and was super flexible as time went on and there was little changes here and there. She was also very familiar with my other vendors which made them working together seamless.
    The property is a perfect mix of charm and elegance. The farm house was so convenient I would have loved to stay all week. Definitely a great place to have a wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2015

Kim at Aurora Cellars was extremely accommodating and the venue itself was incredible given the amazing value we got having the rehearsal, ceremony and reception all at Aurora Cellars. Not to mention the fact we were able to stay at the beautifully restored vintage farm house on the property Friday-Monday. Highly recommended!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Alissa · Married on 07/01/2017

3.5

We LOVED Aurora! The venue is incredible, the staff are great, and everything was pretty much perfect!

Sent on 07/28/2017