Audio Media Solutions Reviews

Audio Media Solutions 4
Audio Media Solutions 5
  • Ina

Ina · Married on 11/25/2018

We couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

I only have the absolute best to say about AMS.
    The DJ for our wedding on 11/25/18 was Brett but we also worked a lot with Mike. Since the beginning, both of these guys were awesome.
    They are extremely knowledgeable and talented but also very down to earth and kind. We had a multicultural wedding and Brett did an amazing job incorporating different styles of music to get everyone dancing.
    I would strongly recommend AMS to anyone looking for a professional, personable DJ service.

Emily · Married on 10/07/2018

AMS was recommended to us and it was the best recommendation we could have asked for. We knew as soon as we met with him at his studio he was the one for us. With AMS we knew we did not have to worry about anything, we were in the hands of a true professional. Planning a wedding was so stressful, it was great to know that we did not have to worry about our music or our lighting. Mike is not only an amazing professional who knows his stuff, he is a wonderful person. We had a multi-cultural wedding and I was nervous about finding a DJ who would be able to mix in the Arabic music. Mike not only created the perfect mix of Arabic and American music, he had everyone on the dance floor all night. He was just a delight to deal with from the very beginning. We got married at the Society Room (which is a gorgeous but dark venue) and Mike did the lighting. His knowledge of lighting made even the camera phone pictures look great. There are some video clips being posted by some of our guests on social media and everyone wants to know who the DJ was! He took the time to get to know us and our taste in music, and he made our vision come true. We could not be happier with our choice. We have already recommended AMS to our engaged friends.
    Mike, we cannot thank you enough for your professionalism and kindness. You went above and beyond to make our day extra special. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Richard · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot understate how pleased we are with the job AMS did with our wedding. Throughout the wedding process, we worked with a great number of individuals in order to make the day as enjoyable, beautiful, and meaningful as possible. The service provided by AMS did all of that in such a way that far exceeded our expectations.
    Mike is a consummate professional and top quality talent. At no time during the process were we concerned about anything regarding the music or lighting because we were certain Mike would do a fantastic job. And he did.

We met two times prior to the wedding in addition to a few quick texts and calls to finalize the details the week of the event. During this time, Mike interviewed us to get a feel for how the night should go and what kind of music we liked. Our minds were set at ease that the night would go smoothly.

The product provided by this company is extraordinary. The sound quality was phenomenal and the lighting was superb. So many of our guests approached us to remark on how great the music choices were (we basically left it all up to Mike with the exception of the parent dances and a few other moments.) Apparently they were also telling him the same thing when I went to go compliment him. We thought our venue (The Bond Ballroom) looked amazing just on its own, but we were all so thrilled to see how much more incredible it looked with lighting. It was so tastefully done for dinner and equally impressive for the ensuing dancing. The staff even commented on how great it looked.

These are people that really care about their craft. No detail was overlooked. I must also add that Mike did just exactly the right amount of everything: no more, no less. At no point did we feel like it was "his show." We have all been at weddings where the DJ was way too involved. That was certainly not the case here.

I would wholeheartedly recommend AMS to anyone. Every aspect of this service exceeded our expectations.

Marie · Married on 09/15/2018

Best DJ ever, met with Mike and Brett, for our wedding, they are such an incredible combination of fun and professionalism. Brett made our wedding reception exceptional. We heard so many compliments. Best of all, Brett and Mike are wonderful people. Thank you so much! Marie and Jeff

jeff · Married on 09/15/2018

Brett was an awesome asset to our wedding reception. Always checking in with us to let us know his plans. Made sure everyone, and I mean everyone, had an awesome time with nonstop dancing. I would highly recommend Brett as a dj for any functions.

Alisia · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I had our wedding last night at the Wadsworth mansion in Middletown and we had AMS for music and lighting.. working with Mike as the DJ was incredible. He was so professional, laid back and made the day exactly as we imagined. Everyone danced all night, the lighting was awesome and the playlist was PERFECT! Highly recommend for any wedding or big event!!

Audio Media Solutions 6
  • Kelley

Kelley · Married on 08/10/2018

Absolutely perfect!

I used AMS for my lighting and photo booth back in August and guests are still asking about it!!! The lighting was OUT OF THIS WORLD!! I felt like we were at a concert! Just incredible. Guests had so much fun in the photo booth and it was definitely a huge hit!! Mike was so great to work with. He is SO talented and an all-around great guy. Definitely recommend AMS over and over again!

Audio Media Solutions 7
    Audio Media Solutions 8
    Audio Media Solutions 9
    Audio Media Solutions 10

Kelsey · Married on 07/13/2018

Me and my husband used AMS for our wedding on 7/13/18 and have nothing but raving reviews for this company! Our dj was Brett and he was absolutely amazing! Both the owner, Mike, and Brett were very fun and easy to work with. I'm so happy we chose AMS for our wedding, they made our already special day that more special!

Marie · Married on 06/30/2018

Mike and Brett were amazing! Brett DJ'd our wedding back on June 30th! My husband is in a metal band, so some of our song choices were unusual for your typical wedding. Brett was excited and enthusiastic about our choices! Brett was able to keep all ages happy and play our vision of music, along with what kept people on the dance floor. Brett even used information from the MOH's speech to influence some music choices and make it even more personal for me. Our night ended with a metal song and small mosh pit and a very happy new husband! haha. Thanks again! Would highly recommend!

Paula · Married on 06/09/2018

My wedding was 6/9/18 and AMS was AMAZING! Our DJ- Mike- was phenomenal. He was always there and quickly responded to our questions or concerns right away. He made us feel very comfortable and excited because he was so excited to DJ our wedding! He listened to all of our requests and even helped us with some song choices because we were stumped. Another reason we chose AMS as our DJ was because when we met with Mike he was very knowledgeable about the music industry and uplighting/speaker systems. He showed us what the uplighting looked like in his studio and we were very impressed!
    The days leading up to the wedding Mike was always available and constantly reassuring us that he was ready to go and everything is going to be amazing.
    And it was! Mike took control of the whole night with his fantastic MC skills and kept the crowd on the dance floor all night! We trusted him enough to let him go with the flow of music and feel out the crowd and that’s exactly what he did! We were also very impressed by how open he was in regards to playing Polish music. The wedding was half Polish and we even had some of my family from Poland visiting. Mike did a great job of incorporating the polish music and I know all of our guests were so happy about that! The place was literally bouncing and the lights made everything so magical! We definitely danced the night away (even some of the venue staff were pulled onto the dance floor!!) I couldn’t have pictured my wedding without AMS as our DJ and I’m so happy we chose them to be a part of our special day.

David · Married on 03/24/2018

Mike was the DJ for our wedding. From getting the judge mic’d up for the ceremony through the last song for the reception he was incredible. The dance floor was packed all night except for the one song I asked he play. Take his advice. He tried to advise me that it may not be the best call but when I insisted he played it. Sure enough it was just me and four of my friends out there. He recovered wonderfully, I don’t even remember what song he played next, but it worked because everyone came right back out and started dancing.
    Wonderful to work with and an expert in his craft. Cannot recommend enough.

Chris · Married on 12/30/2017

AMS was awesome, my wife and I were planning our wedding from halfway across the country and Mike could not have been more helpful! He did a wonderful job with the pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception lighting and music!

Daniel · Married on 09/23/2017

It's been exactly a year since our wedding at the Society Room of Hartford. Family and friends still cannot stop talking about how much fun they had partying at our wedding, including our 80 year old great aunt who danced until midnight. My wife and I agree that this is in no small part because of the incredible job Mike Tierney and AMS did to transform an elegant venue into an inviting and exciting dance party. Mike brings the highest-end equipment and unparalleled skills to balance sound for speeches and any type of music. He has a knack for using diverse lighting equipment to highlight unique features of a venue and create a fun atmosphere. Mike also uses his vast library and knowledge of music genres to keep a party going. But don't just take it from me. When you meet Mike and visit his studio, he will show you the difference in quality that he can offer your special day, and he can explain the science behind the quality he can bring. My wife was particularly picky about the sound system because she did not want music to be blaring and knew a sound technician would be required to get the audio balance right. Mike is a musician, an artist, and a professional so he was able to address this need well. He listened, was fun to work with, and responsive to our requests. We cannot say enough great things about Mike. If you are looking for a DJ and lighting expert for your wedding in Connecticut, reach out to Mike and AMS.

Samuel · Married on 09/22/2017

Mike is just fantastic. He really made the whole experience great from beginning to end. Not just the music but the lighting he did really made for a great atmosphere. Every guest was up dancing and Mike really did a good job reading the crowd. I can't thank him enough for the experience he gave us!

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

We can't thank AMS enough for making our wedding extra special! Mike was extremely easy to communicate with and knows his work inside and out! He is meticulous and passonate about his work, which made our once in a lifetime wedding even more special. He did the mic and music for our ceremony, music for our cocktail hour and did absolutely amazing work with the lighting for the entire wedding including reception and dance floor. He turned a giant dock building shed into a magical wonderland. His work exceeded our expectations and would recommend him again and again. Between the wireless uplighting, bubble machine, haze machine, wall designs, and dance floor magic we can't say enough about how amazing it was. The employees who work in the dock building shed who saw us create the wedding up until the day of could not believe their eyes when the saw the work AMS did. We are beyond impressed and so happy that we chose AMS for our lighting needs. You will not regret working with AMS! Thank you so much!!!

Kristin · Married on 09/14/2017

Mike was AWESOME. We got our guests' song requests to him two days before the event, and he was able to accommodate most of them, despite an incredibly eclectic and varied song list.
    He went out of his way to play the bride and groom submitted song list, despite what guests were asking for, until we gave him the okay to switch to in-the-moment requests. He even accommodated an unplanned performance by the bride and two guests, which required some creativity in order to effectively mic an acoustic guitar and two singers.
    Despite not being familiar with our musical choices before hand, Mike clearly did his research (in less than 48 hours!), and each song was perfectly placed during the reception. Particularly, the ending set was PERFECT; it included an upbeat remix of one of the bride's requested songs, and was followed by the perfect ending to the night.
    If you're looking for an experienced and adaptable DJ, we can attest that Mike can handle anything you throw at him with grace and style.
    Thank you, Mike! You are truly an Amadeus ex Machina!

Matthew · Married on 09/09/2017

Wow, Mike killed it. From start to finish the event was a blast. The music was great and everything ran smooth. Mike was able to keep everyone on the dance floor all night. Multiple guests made mention how great the music was.

Mike was easy to deal with, he was responsive and didn't overwhelm us with any demands or requests from day one.

I highly recommend Mike and AMS. He will exceed all your expectations.

Monica · Married on 08/26/2017

When picking the DJ for our wedding, we were super nervous. A DJ can truly make or break a wedding, either people are having fun and dancing or they're sitting around and leaving early. Well let me tell you, AMS DJ is absolutely incredible!!! Months later and we still get compliments on our DJ and lighting. Mike was awesome, he was on top of everything. We would talk about our music style and the look we were going for and he just understood our style without much work on our part. He is extremely knowledgeable about the equipment he uses and the music he chooses. And let me tell you, there is a huge difference between the equipment other DJ's use compared to his, the sound really is different. You can actually hear people when they talk to you even with the music blasting, that's a big deal when it's your wedding and literally everyone wants to talk to you. He even edited a song for us so that it would work better for our introduction! Mike was awesome, not once did we worry about the music or the lighting. We knew it was all taken care of. We even got the photo booth through AMS and it was excellent! Really well stocked with props and SUPER fast printing. I can't tell you how many times we've been to weddings where the photo booth had looooong lines because the photo booth was super slow and this was not like that at all. People were in and out so quick and it ended up being great for all the kids! And by the end of it, we felt like Mike was more of a friend than a vendor. We can't thank him enough for the amazing time everyone had at our wedding! You cannot go wrong with AMS!!

Amy · Married on 08/26/2017

AMS is the real deal. Their studio is awesome with all of their equipment set up for you to experience. Brett DJ'ed our wedding and we could not have been happier. You can tell he truly loves his job. He was able to find specific music requests (such as polkas). He was able to read the crowd well and kept the party going. He communicated well with our catering group and everything ran so smoothly. He even jumped in to help with set-up, even though he had to do his own with separate ceremony and reception locations. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Stef · Married on 08/19/2017

We knew Mike and Carrie were the right DJ/Lighting team from our very first meeting! After meeting with a few DJs and leaving disappointed, we were thrilled when we showed up at AMS and got a full lighting/dance floor experience so we knew what we were going to get. From that moment to the actual day, Mike and Carrie were always super friendly, available for any questions we had, and helped us through the time line of the day and the process of picking songs for the important moments throughout the night. On our wedding day, Mike made the whole night run incredibly smoothly while Carrie kept everyone on the dance floor with just the right songs and the exact vibe we were looking for. She was amazing! The music was awesome and the lighting made the venue look even better. I didn't want to leave at the end of the night! I would absolutely recommend AMS to anyone who is looking for DJ/Lighting services. We could not have been happier with their services.

Christine · Married on 07/08/2017

I recently had the pleasure of working with Mike for my wedding on July 8th. From the moment we walked into the studio, we could feel his passion and excitement for lighting, music, and top of the line audio technology! Not only was he fun and easy to work with, he had the dance floor packed up until the very end of our wedding! If you are looking for someone fun, passionate and professional-MIKE is your man! We had so many compliments about how fun it was, and they were so excited for more dancing time! Thank you Mike!

Joseph · Married on 05/20/2017

Mike was awesome! He took the time to really geek out with us which is exactly what we were looking for. He made it a point to get a feel of who we were before offering suggestions to us. There was no need for us to stray from his suggestions because they were perfect. The only thing he didn't know very well was country music but made sure to brush up on it prior to our wedding to have a meaningful conversation about it. To me, that goes above and beyond for the customer. Mike is a first class act and I'd recommend him to ANYONE and EVERYONE!

Katie · Married on 04/29/2017

Brett, our DJ was great. He played everything we asked him to play and really did a great job reading the room and playing all the right songs at the right time! The music, lighting, and Gobo projector really made our wedding stand out. We would highly recommend AMS for your wedding if you want to have peace of mind knowing that your music is in great hands. Brett, our DJ was great. He played everything we asked him to play and really did a great job reading the room and playing all the right songs at the right time! The music, lighting, and Gobo projector really made our wedding stand out. We would highly recommend AMS for your wedding if you want to have peace of mind knowing that your music is in great hands.

katelyn · Married on 04/28/2017

We are so glad that we selected Mike/AMS for the DJ/MC and lighting services for our wedding at the Society Room in Hartford. Everything went perfectly. The lighting was beautiful. Mike's selection of music was spot on, everyone danced all night long. We heard a lot of praise after the wedding about the music and lighting. Highly recommend!!