43 Reviews for Audio Media Solutions

Projector (2)
Sound/PA System (2)
Flat Screen (1)
43 Audio Media Solutions Reviews

Mike was the DJ for our wedding. From getting the judge mic’d up for the ceremony through the last song for the reception he was incredible. The dance floor was packed all night except for the one song I asked he play. Take his advice. He tried to advise me that it may not be the best call but when I insisted he played it. Sure enough it was just me and four of my friends out there. He recovered wonderfully, I don’t even remember what song he played next, but it worked because everyone came right back out and started dancing.
Wonderful to work with and an expert in his craft. Cannot recommend enough.

Profile Picture David, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

AMS was awesome, my wife and I were planning our wedding from halfway across the country and Mike could not have been more helpful! He did a wonderful job with the pre-ceremony, ceremony, cocktail hour and reception lighting and music!

Profile Picture Chris, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor

Mike is just fantastic. He really made the whole experience great from beginning to end. Not just the music but the lighting he did really made for a great atmosphere. Every guest was up dancing and Mike really did a good job reading the crowd. I can't thank him enough for the experience he gave us!

Profile Picture Samuel, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We can't thank AMS enough for making our wedding extra special! Mike was extremely easy to communicate with and knows his work inside and out! He is meticulous and passonate about his work, which made our once in a lifetime wedding even more special. He did the mic and music for our ceremony, music for our cocktail hour and did absolutely amazing work with the lighting for the entire wedding including reception and dance floor. He turned a giant dock building shed into a magical wonderland. His work exceeded our expectations and would recommend him again and again. Between the wireless uplighting, bubble machine, haze machine, wall designs, and dance floor magic we can't say enough about how amazing it was. The employees who work in the dock building shed who saw us create the wedding up until the day of could not believe their eyes when the saw the work AMS did. We are beyond impressed and so happy that we chose AMS for our lighting needs. You will not regret working with AMS! Thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 9/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike was AWESOME. We got our guests' song requests to him two days before the event, and he was able to accommodate most of them, despite an incredibly eclectic and varied song list.
He went out of his way to play the bride and groom submitted song list, despite what guests were asking for, until we gave him the okay to switch to in-the-moment requests. He even accommodated an unplanned performance by the bride and two guests, which required some creativity in order to effectively mic an acoustic guitar and two singers.
Despite not being familiar with our musical choices before hand, Mike clearly did his research (in less than 48 hours!), and each song was perfectly placed during the reception. Particularly, the ending set was PERFECT; it included an upbeat remix of one of the bride's requested songs, and was followed by the perfect ending to the night.
If you're looking for an experienced and adaptable DJ, we can attest that Mike can handle anything you throw at him with grace and style.
Thank you, Mike! You are truly an Amadeus ex Machina!

Profile Picture Kristin, 9/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wow, Mike killed it. From start to finish the event was a blast. The music was great and everything ran smooth. Mike was able to keep everyone on the dance floor all night. Multiple guests made mention how great the music was.

Mike was easy to deal with, he was responsive and didn't overwhelm us with any demands or requests from day one.

I highly recommend Mike and AMS. He will exceed all your expectations.

Profile Picture Matthew, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

When picking the DJ for our wedding, we were super nervous. A DJ can truly make or break a wedding, either people are having fun and dancing or they're sitting around and leaving early. Well let me tell you, AMS DJ is absolutely incredible!!! Months later and we still get compliments on our DJ and lighting. Mike was awesome, he was on top of everything. We would talk about our music style and the look we were going for and he just understood our style without much work on our part. He is extremely knowledgeable about the equipment he uses and the music he chooses. And let me tell you, there is a huge difference between the equipment other DJ's use compared to his, the sound really is different. You can actually hear people when they talk to you even with the music blasting, that's a big deal when it's your wedding and literally everyone wants to talk to you. He even edited a song for us so that it would work better for our introduction! Mike was awesome, not once did we worry about the music or the lighting. We knew it was all taken care of. We even got the photo booth through AMS and it was excellent! Really well stocked with props and SUPER fast printing. I can't tell you how many times we've been to weddings where the photo booth had looooong lines because the photo booth was super slow and this was not like that at all. People were in and out so quick and it ended up being great for all the kids! And by the end of it, we felt like Mike was more of a friend than a vendor. We can't thank him enough for the amazing time everyone had at our wedding! You cannot go wrong with AMS!!

Profile Picture Monica, 8/26/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We knew Mike and Carrie were the right DJ/Lighting team from our very first meeting! After meeting with a few DJs and leaving disappointed, we were thrilled when we showed up at AMS and got a full lighting/dance floor experience so we knew what we were going to get. From that moment to the actual day, Mike and Carrie were always super friendly, available for any questions we had, and helped us through the time line of the day and the process of picking songs for the important moments throughout the night. On our wedding day, Mike made the whole night run incredibly smoothly while Carrie kept everyone on the dance floor with just the right songs and the exact vibe we were looking for. She was amazing! The music was awesome and the lighting made the venue look even better. I didn't want to leave at the end of the night! I would absolutely recommend AMS to anyone who is looking for DJ/Lighting services. We could not have been happier with their services.

Profile Picture Stef, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

I recently had the pleasure of working with Mike for my wedding on July 8th. From the moment we walked into the studio, we could feel his passion and excitement for lighting, music, and top of the line audio technology! Not only was he fun and easy to work with, he had the dance floor packed up until the very end of our wedding! If you are looking for someone fun, passionate and professional-MIKE is your man! We had so many compliments about how fun it was, and they were so excited for more dancing time! Thank you Mike!

Profile Picture Christine, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike was awesome! He took the time to really geek out with us which is exactly what we were looking for. He made it a point to get a feel of who we were before offering suggestions to us. There was no need for us to stray from his suggestions because they were perfect. The only thing he didn't know very well was country music but made sure to brush up on it prior to our wedding to have a meaningful conversation about it. To me, that goes above and beyond for the customer. Mike is a first class act and I'd recommend him to ANYONE and EVERYONE!

Profile Picture Joseph, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Brett, our DJ was great. He played everything we asked him to play and really did a great job reading the room and playing all the right songs at the right time! The music, lighting, and Gobo projector really made our wedding stand out. We would highly recommend AMS for your wedding if you want to have peace of mind knowing that your music is in great hands. Brett, our DJ was great. He played everything we asked him to play and really did a great job reading the room and playing all the right songs at the right time! The music, lighting, and Gobo projector really made our wedding stand out. We would highly recommend AMS for your wedding if you want to have peace of mind knowing that your music is in great hands.

Profile Picture Katie, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We are so glad that we selected Mike/AMS for the DJ/MC and lighting services for our wedding at the Society Room in Hartford. Everything went perfectly. The lighting was beautiful. Mike's selection of music was spot on, everyone danced all night long. We heard a lot of praise after the wedding about the music and lighting. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture katelyn, 4/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike did a great job DJing our wedding at the Wadsworth Mansion. He is a total pro!! The music and lighting were perfect and our guests didn't leave the dance floor the entire night! I would definitely recommend Mike and the AMS crew!

Profile Picture Ariane, 4/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

worked very hard with the rest of our vendors to ensure the place looked amazing and it did! very happy and we'd recommend

Profile Picture User7886486, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We were so glad that we hired Mike from AMS to do the lighting, DJing, sound, and Photo Booth for our wedding. Mike was professional, personable and very understanding. He worked with us to ensure that everything would be exactly how we wanted it to be. His sound is excellent and not like those regular loud DJ speakers. It is high quality and even those who sat right next to the DJ were impressed by how the sound was. The lighting was fabulous and he worked with us to have our wedding monogram as a gobo for the evening. We enjoyed working with AMS Mike and would recommend him to anyone looking for a fabulous DJ with incredible lighting!

Profile Picture Marissa, 11/5/16, 13 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike was absolutely great to work with. He has a wide range of music and is able to tailor your event to your style. He was very informative, responsive, timely, and well-organized. He made suggestions for lighting that truly set the mood and was respectful of our budget. During the wedding, he followed our playlist and appropriately read the audience and mixed in a few of his own picks, making the party everything we had envisioned. We HIGHLY recommend him!!

Profile Picture Janine, 10/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike did an amazing job at my wedding!! I just gave him a very general description of the type of music we enjoyed and he did a wonderful job playing a variety of everything to make my guests dance and enjoy the night. The lights he used were BEAUTIFUL for my fall/purple themed wedding and I couldn't be more impressed with how gorgeous the place looked. Overall I would highly recommend Audio Media Solutions to anyone putting on a wedding or just any event.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike from Audio Media Solutions made our wedding amazing. He was on the preferred vendor list for The Wadsworth Mansion (where we got married) so he is extremely familiar with their layout but has DJed almost 1100 weddings at last count so would be incredible anywhere. Visit his studio in East Hartford to see how reliable and professional he is - we were blown away at his knowledge and passion. He is super cool and laid back and you know you are in good hands. He read the crowd at our wedding perfectly, just like he said he would, and played just the right songs at just the right moments! It was amazing! Don't worry about giving him a long "play" or "do not play " list - we gave him a few songs but let him do his thing. He also has tons of amazing lighting options and will be happy to demo everything in his studio. :) We would 110% recommend AMS to any wedding couple!!

Profile Picture User5512607, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

If you want the BEST of the BEST uplighting for your wedding, YOU MUST pick this vendor! Audio Media Solutions is top notch and you WILL NOT be disappointed. AMS as far as I am concerned is the BEST uplighting company here on the east coast! I will refer everyone I know ONLY to AMS! GOD Bless You Mike for making our 6/25/2016 a HUGE success, everyone is still talking about you and your AWESOME light show! Love you to the moon and back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Projector, Uplighting, Consultation, One Event Per Day

I can't say enough good things about Mike and AMS. From the first time I met him I knew he was the DJ for us, and he absolutely was. Mike was so easy to work with with a lot of fantastic suggestions (he's done over 1,100 weddings) without being pushy. Mike was so responsive (texting me back within minutes) and I could tell he really wanted to see our wedding turn out perfectly, which it did. The dance floor was packed the entire night and the lights were an amazing touch that I didn't even know I wanted until I saw his work. I 100% trusted that Mike would keep the party going and he did, no one wanted the night to end. If you're looking for an awesome guy to keep your wedding vibe fun Mike at AMS is absolutely who you should choose.

Profile Picture michelle, 6/24/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

AMS did a fantastic job at our June 18, 2016 wedding at the Society Room of Hartford! Carrie and Kevin were fantastic at keeping the dancefloor lively, they worked with us ahead of time and gave us advice on our song choices when requested, and they helped us make sure the overall flow of the night was great. The lighting was spectacular. The music was exactly the right volume. They handled our customizations with ease. Since we live out of state, our final meeting was via telephone, which worked out swimmingly even though they strive to meet in-person in the week or two before the wedding. I was also very impressed with Mike, from the first day when he was willing to meet with us just after a snowstorm when everyone else was staying inside, through the whole planning process, and his detailed knowledge of music, sound, and lighting, including his specific knowledge of our venue, it was great. Thanks to you all for a great wedding. We highly recommend AMS to any future brides and/or grooms! -- Bryan and Wayne

Profile Picture Bryan, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Uplighting

I first heard of AMS when my sister had them DJ her wedding. Once I got engaged, Mike was the only person I considered after seeing what a success my sister's reception was. He is so easy to work with and knows how to make a party. He helped make my reception such a great party and was able to keep everyone on the dance floor for hours. My advice is to listen to his advice! He never steered me wrong. Ya gotta trust a guy with that much experience!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Mike of AMS is wonderful! He completely customized the music for our beach-front wedding ceremony and the music and lighting for our reception. He went out of his way to find songs we wanted to use and was just as enthusiastic about all the details as we were! Mike was always a phone call/text away. And the dance floor was packed all night! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6743995, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

We chose AMS for our wedding. They are fabulous. Mike gave us a full demo of their lighting equipment and helped us create a custom package that worked for our budget. Sure, we spent a little more than we would have at a run-of-the-mill company, but it was 100% worth it.
Mike is wonderful to work with and has an excellent staff to match. Jared, our DJ, played an amazing selection of music all night, based only on 30-ish songs we gave him. He very quickly identified our taste(s) in music and built out a playlist that was perfect for us. Josh ran the lighting for our event, which really brought our venue (New Britain Museum of American Art) to life.
The AMS team is extremely professional and did everything in their power to make our wedding a success!

Profile Picture L, 4/23/16, 4 Reviews