Atrium Weddings & Event Reviews

65 | Sandy, UT

65 Reviews for Atrium Weddings & Event

Holly · Married on 07/12/2014

The Atrium is a beautiful location and the event coordinators were amazingly helpful. The event came off without a hitch and our guests really enjoyed themselves. The only downside was the inside temperature. It was a hot July day and the reception area and bridal room were quite hot.

Sent on 07/24/2014

The Atrium was perfect for our wedding reception. They did practically all the work so all we had to do was show up. It was so nice and couldn't have imagined a better evening. Everyone was wonderful and did whatever they could to help us. We only had three weeks before our event but because of The Atrium everything turned out great.

Sent on 06/17/2015

The location is beautiful and everyone that came had an amazing time. The only thing I would say against it is that when the planner found out I wasn't having a line waiting to greet everyone, she got a little attitude and said it wasn't a good idea. I went through with it anyway and it turned out way better without a line than it would have been with one

Sent on 06/15/2015

Beautiful, easy, and guests loved it.

Sent on 04/20/2015

Kara · Married on 07/30/2016

I definitely would recommend the atrium to anyone having an event. I had my reception there and they took care of everything for me. It looked beautiful! They cut the cake and served it, they were very flexible but kept us on the schedule that we wanted to be on, and the venue was just perfect. They have a sound system, a giant flat screen that I was able to play a movie that I had made on it for the guests, and it was very open. I have no complaints at all and if I could go back I would pick the Atrium again.

Sent on 09/14/2016

2.5

Great, cozy feel. We got lots of compliments on the venue. They kind of force your hand in who caters for your wedding because there is a surcharge for choosing an "out of network" company. They only have 3 "in network" options.

Sent on 05/19/2016
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 04/28/2018

3.5

Atrium Weddings and Events made my day free of stress. I didn't have to worry about anything Jenny Kruger was amazing answered all my questions, sat with us and planned our ceremony and reception perfectly. The venue is beautiful, from the lights in the reception hall to the beautiful waterfall outside to have as a background for your ceremony. Everything was gorgeous and I couldn't ask for anything better.

Sent on 05/01/2018

Natalie · Married on 04/29/2016

This was my 5th child to wed and having done all the preparations and planning myself I never thought I would use a wedding planner. My daughter loved the beautiful and spacious setting at Atrium, especially the area that was cleared for us for dancing. The wedding planner Jenny was very knowledgeable, professional, and personable. I loved that the table settings and linens were included. The interior is naturally beautiful with lit trees and fountains, it hardly needs any other decorations. We needed a few flowering plants for one area and the staff were able to use some that were actually in the store and placed them for us and put them back after the reception was over. I felt like everything was in order in the days leading up to the wedding reception and on the wedding day things ran so smoothly, even last minute questions or details popping up were handling swiftly. The staff were so helpful and managed the entire evening expertly. We loved the experience at Atrium and have already recommended it to friends and family.

Sent on 05/13/2016

Angela · Married on 07/25/2014

The atmosphere here was perfect for our reception, we loved the look and feel of the place for the evening and all of our guests did too.

Sent on 08/04/2014

Amber · Married on 08/21/2009

3.5

I LOVED this venue. It was beautiful because there were plants everywhere we didnt have to pay extra to bring in more flowers. Plus there were fountains and gorgeous chandeliers and romantic lighting and adorable details and... everything a bride could want :)

Sent on 11/19/2009

Jordan · Married on 09/16/2016

4.2

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at The Atrium in Sandy and absolutely loved this venue! We received quite a few compliments on what a great venue it was and how beautiful the decor looked. The staff were extremely helpful with questions or concerns. They were great about getting things scheduled and were there the day of to help ensure everything went smoothly. The decor and atmosphere were beautiful. Everything came together better than I had imagined. Our wedding day was so stress free and perfect and I'm grateful to the staff for helping us on our special day.

Sent on 10/24/2016
  • bigblueshoe777

David · Married on 06/13/2009

3.8
      3.5

They could have been a little more flexible with allowing us to set up the venue the way we wanted, but besides that, the venue itself was gorgeous and the cake was delicious.

Sent on 07/01/2009

Jordan · Married on 06/22/2013

2.4
      2.0

I was actually quite disappointed. I feel like having a host was pretty pointless and I'm still not sure what I was paying $3,000 for besides to rent the space. My family pretty much did all the work and when asking for help it was like we were imposing on them. They did the bare minimum and my day was fine but it was not because of their help.

Sent on 07/19/2013

Atrium Weddings & Event's reply:

We are happy to respond to this comment, because it tells us brides need to be very careful and think through self-catering before committing to doing it.  A wise saying comes to mind - "If it were easy, everyone would be doing it!"

One of the options we offer is the opportunity to self-cater, giving the bride and family great flexibility.  This option is also a significant savings.  With this choice comes personal responsibility to do as a hired caterer would do, which includes complete set-up, food preparation and presentation, bussing of tables, and clean-up.  In the agreement that was signed, these responsibilities are well noted.

As mentioned, our staff stepped up to help to some degree and we regret their help was received with criticism.

Mahina Bantilan · Married on 12/27/2018

2.2
      2.0

Terrible communication, flaky even planner, little to no room for venue variation

Would I recommend this venue? Probably, but with a A LOT of caution. If you don't care about good customer service but just need a nice and slightly overpriced place, then this is it. But if you do care about customer service, then probably not...read below.

FALSE INFORMATION
    I was originally at an internship in Nashville when my husband and I first started planning our internship. Because of this, I had my mother in law visit this wedding venue and eventually book it. During her first visit they made it sound like a much better deal than it was. She was told that we could move anything we wanted and told that we could use everything the venue had to offer. However, when my husband and I began meeting with our event planner (which is a nice perk to this venue), we were constantly told we could not rearrange things to make it the way we wanted. There were a lot of fixtures that need to stay where they are which left very little room for variation in much else. For example, there was a smaller and very out of place fountain in the middle of the floor which I asked to have moved. The initial response was NO; however, a few days later I saw a photo posted by the venue on social media which did not include that fountain. I had to bring it to their attention (which was not taken very happily) before they finally agreed to have it moved. Additionally, there were some things that came with the venue; HOWEVER, YOU NEED TO PAY ADDITIONAL MONEY FOR SOME OF THEM.

INCONSISTENT EVENT PLANNER
    You are technically allowed to meet with your planner as many times as you'd like, but I felt like I was HIGHLY encouraged to keep it down to 2 meetings. Our first meeting was great, no real red flags there. However, our second meeting we were on our way up to the venue (about a 50 minute drive for us) and on the way I texted to ensure we were still good to meet. It was then she told me of a family emergency and was no longer able to meet it. Of course, I felt for her and understood; however, I would have liked to have more communication considering the time it takes for us to travel. After this point, communication began to get worse. I would constantly text and call but received no responses. It got so bad I needed to call and email other event planners and venue supervisors to even get the invoice to pay.

WEDDING DAY PROBLEMS
    On the day of, the venue was BEAUTIFUL. All our guests loved it and it turned out just great. However, our event planner had yet another family emergency and left within the first 30 minutes or so (that is just an approximation since she didn't even tell me or my husband. Luckily there are always two workers on site during an event. It was very apparent that the other worker who was left to work alone was frustrated and very busy. She eventually told me of the situation and did the best she could to keep the plans in motion.

Technically, when you rent out the venue you pay for four hours of use and get an additional hour for set up. My husband and I left with an hour and a half left of use, which my family was definitely planning on using. Music was playing for those who wanted to dance after we left; however, the event planner did not appreciate it and pulled out my sister's phone. Still wanting to dance, as most Polynesian families, my cousin went and plugged her phone in instead. The worker thought it was my sister who plugged her phone in again and went back to her in an unpleasant manner. I was not happy when I heard of how disrespectful my family was treated, even after helping this worker clean up things we were NOT responsible for cleaning.

Sent on 01/14/2019

0.4
      0.5

Would not recommend this place to anyone poor coordination with staff. No direction from the wedding planner this place is a joke find a better place.

Sent on 07/09/2014