33 Reviews for Atlantic Premier Entertainment

Uplighting (4)
Liability Insurance (3)
Disco Ball (1)
31 Atlantic Premier Entertainment Reviews

Eric was amazing! He made planning our music so easy. I really only directed him on a short list of songs that we wanted played for specific moments and let him take control of the rest! He kept everyone moving on the dance floor all night long and was more than willing to stay for an extra hour at the end of the night because everyone was having so much fun! He even jumped on the dance floor for a minute to show folks how to do the wobble. Our wedding was so much fun… a big thank you to Eric!!!

Profile Picture Judith, 10/28/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Liability Insurance, MC

We had John for our DJ. He was awesome! Very up-beat, quick on his feet with requests and our crazy guests! Had one slip up for the music during the ceremony, but it was more the coordinator at the venue's fault for sending the wrong people down. He was able to adjust and keep the music going. Would highly recommend their services!!!

Profile Picture Maggie, 10/21/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had John as our DJ and he was excellent! He played the exact style and tastes of music for our wedding!
The beginning of our reception were more oldies and perfect for our older & middle aged crowd! Also playing songs that children will enjoy and the more conservative side would enjoy!
After we had most of the families leave the reception for the night, after having a blast dancing, john began to play club music so our younger crowd would have a great time!
I most definitely recommend John! He was super nice, helpful and excellent!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Disco Ball, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Eric is amazing! He was always readily available my email or phone. Setting up meetings with him was super easy. My favorite is that he has a system that you get to input the songs you want/don’t want, etc and you can make it your own! He also gives great suggestions if you need help picking songs! Thank you Eric for making my ceremony and reception music run smoothly. Everyone loved you!!! As I work in the wedding business and work with multiple DJs each year, but Atlantic Premiere is the absolute best!!!!

Profile Picture Alex, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC
4.7

My husband and I had John as our DJ for our wedding and he was awesome! He braved the heat and played our music perfectly at our ceremony, which we really appreciated considering our song choices were very specific and obscure. At our reception, he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long, which helped make our wedding so much fun and unforgettable amongst our family & friends. My husband, our guests and I all felt that we had the time of our lives thanks to John and the "soundtrack" he provided for our wedding. The only constructive feedback we received from guests was in regards to the dancing portion of the reception, as they felt that guests could have been "hyped up" more to get on the dance floor at first. The only other improvements that my husband and I feel could be made are in terms of electronic communication and in the utilization of the song requests list. I noticed during the planning process that there seemed to be issues with my emails being sent to Eric, as they did not seem to go through properly unless I sent a message through the website versus through regular email. With initiating contact via their website, I found that Eric was very quick in terms of his responsiveness and it transferred seamlessly to my email. In addition, my husband and I were surprised that some songs weren't played from our "Must Play" list, although this could have been attributed to time constraints. Overall, though, we had an incredibly experience.

Profile Picture Kat, 7/14/17, 13 Reviews
Category: DJ

Eric and his staff did an excellent job with our sound and music during our beach ceremony, and got everybody organized for toast, etc during reception. They did a great job keeping us all on track, and playing great music that appealed to all guests. Thank you for helping to make our special day memorable.

Profile Picture Erica, 6/3/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Eric is one of the best Wedding DJs I've worked with. I've been a photographer seeing Eric at weddings here in Wilmington for well over a decade. Every wedding I have had with Eric has been seamless. He understands how to read a crowd better than anyone else I have worked with over the years here plus he's an all around nice guy. Two thumbs up for this guy. Once I get the bridal party to the reception I know I can relax and focus on photo documentation because Eric's got it. Thank you for continuing to make my job easy. I wish you success!

Profile Picture Thomas, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you have not booked a DJ yet, Eric Thompson is AMAZING. Eric had everyone dancing at our wedding the entire night!! He is excellent at what he does! Before the wedding party introductions into the reception, Eric came outside to make sure he had the order correct and that he said everyone’s names correctly. He was outstanding and I highly recommend!! Thank you so much for everything Eric!!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 4/29/17, 11 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Eric did a great job! I never had to worry about anything on my wedding day. He was easy to work with and did an exceptional job. I highly recommend working with Eric at Atlantic Premier Entertainment! He came to me as a recommendation and I am so glad I chose to work with him!
Thank you for taking care of all my entertainment needs!

Profile Picture Tabitha, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ

Our DJ was fantastic. As my side of the family is from the Caribbean there was concern about finding a DJ well versed in reggae and soca and the subculture mix of Caribbean and African american families. They did not disappoint, they were familiar and did additional research. My husbands grandfather commented affectionately " I thought the DJ was a brotha". We danced all night and we had a great time. Flexibility was great cause nothing went according to plan and we had to move things around. Only reason its not 5 out of 5 is some songs couldn't be downloaded quickly onsite but they has more than what we needed. My uncle played the piano for the music procession and the DJ set up all the equipment needs and sounded beautiful like a grand piano.

Profile Picture shaunita, 3/18/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I hired Atlantic Premier Entertainment to DJ my wedding and couldn't have asked for a better musical experience! My guests and I all had an amazing time and danced all night. Our DJ did a terrific job of reading the room, taking requests, and keeping everyone up and having fun. The songs ran into each other so there were no awkward pauses. It was a great experience and I got endless compliments on how much fun my reception was!

Profile Picture User7415457, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved John, our DJ! He was so easy to work with and was happy to play songs from our list. He kept the night moving and the dance floor full!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/15/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

John did an awesome job at our wedding. He was supper attentive and enthusiastic the entire time. Our guests raved about the music!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Eric is awesome! He was the first DJ we met with for our wedding, and there was no need for any more after that. We heard great reviews about him and he definitely did NOT disappoint! Neither my husband nor I are much of dancers, but he had people on the floor the whole time. I had numerous people tell me after the fact that the DJ (they didn't know him) was the best they've seen at a wedding. Do yourself a favor and book him!

Profile Picture Tori, 9/23/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Eric was chosen through St. James plantation and I am not disappointed at all. I like a lot of different music and Eric seemed to get that. He made sure that all the names were pronounced correctly, and people were paired up correctly too. He took charge so I didn't have to.

Profile Picture Kim, 9/17/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Stop looking and stressing now- Eric is the perfect DJ!!! I know how it is to be looking for a DJ, especially miles away since my wedding was a destination wedding. I relied heavily on reviews to pick my vendors. After speaking to Eric, he made me feel very confident that he was the perfect fit. His online planner helped me keep my songs organized and kept open communication. I have been in nursing school and it has taken a while for me to write this review but I couldn't let it go- ERIC IS THAT GOOD! I felt that need to let other brides know that he is an excellent choice.
Eric can accommodate your every needs- want a DJ with personality that is willing to dance on the floor and get the party started? you got it! Want a DJ that is more behind the scenes and willing to take requests last minute from the bride? he's it:) My venue wasn't an easy set up either- my ceremony was outside on top of a mountain, then my reception was at the ground of that mountain with an outside cocktail hour on the first floor and the reception another floor up. No complaints with Eric- he handled it with ease and I didn't once have to even worry or check in to make sure it was going smoothly. Eric kept me up-to-date throughout the whole wedding, giving me warning signals of when the bridal toss, garter dance etc. was about to start and even added a surprise anniversary dance for our parents that I requested. I have to add- when my priest decided he didn't want to use a microphone last minute, I quickly called Eric who calmed me down and said he had a Bluetooth headset he could use.
Eric also traveled for my wedding which is a major plus!!! Your DJ is one of the most important parts of your wedding- and ladies I wouldn't steer you wrong, book with Eric now and you won't regret it:)

Profile Picture Megan, 8/6/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List
2.6

Unfortunately, we did not have the best experience with this DJ company- it was not a bad experience- but definitely not great. At first we were told our DJ was going to be a John, then it was a Nick. All communication was difficult. I had to email repeatedly and do everything. I didn't get to actually talk to our DJ over the phone until 9:45pm (which is too late) the week of the wedding!

The music at the ceremony was what I picked- so that was great. But the music at the reception... not modern at all. My fiancé and I are a young couple (22) and many of our guests were in the 40's and 50's-- so I understood wanting to play music that suited those guests. But what we discussed on the phone was modern pop (like the stuff you hear on the radio) with some throwbacks from the 80's and 90's, we also agreed that SOME beach music would be okay. Well- until we actually hit the dance floor it was entirely beach music. Then once we hit the dance floor- the songs were not modern at all!! I also asked him to play some line dancing songs, but he played them all at once, when many of my guests kept asking for modern songs. When my husband and best man asked him to play modern music, he said he didn't have any except for Sugar by Maroon 5. That was kind of ridiculous to me- how does a wedding DJ have no modern pop songs when that was the request? The DJ was a very nice man- but he was not suited for a young bride and groom. Don't get me wrong, our wedding was a fun time because my family will party to anything, but it was definitely not the music the bride, groom or wedding party would usually listen to. It just could've been so much better. Then at the end of the night they make you sign a document saying that everything was fantastic (no choice if it wasn't?)

In full disclosure- we did not pick our music vendor- we did our wedding through St. James Plantation and the DJ and Cake (which was wonderful) vendors are preselected.

Profile Picture Laura, 7/23/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Eric Thompson was absolutely amazing to work with! From the moment we spoke on the phone I knew I had found my wedding DJ. He is one of the most genuinely kind vendors in the business! He let us have as much control as we wanted and where we didn't want to have as much control he nailed our taste in music! He was also super flexible! My mother in law decided to change her mother/son dance the day before our wedding and it was as easy as a text message. Eric definitely kept the party going and helped to make our wedding perfect! Book him now!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Full disclosure: I have worked with Eric in the wedding world for the last 4 years. I have recommended him to countless brides, and he NEVER dissipoints. I even asked him to drive up to Raleigh for our wedding, because I truly couldn't see anyone comparing to his quality.

When it came to booking my own wedding- I couldn't think of anyone else to being the party- and lord have mercy did he ever! Eric was perfect. Keeping people on the dance floor all night long- and even jumping in and having fun with us. He is so professional and responds to questions quickly. If you're looking for a DJ that will be invested in you, and truly care what you are looking for and make sure you have a good time- you found him.

THANK YOU Eric!!!!

Profile Picture Leigh, 5/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I used Atlantic Premier as my DJ for my April 2016 wedding. Eric is fantastic! From the very beginning he was on the ball answering my emails very quickly. He even went above and beyond the call of duty and helped me find other vendors to work with. He played all the song choices I requested and helped to make sure the schedule went as planned. If you are doing a beach wedding, I highly suggest using a DJ for the wedding ceremony as well. My guests were very impressed at how well they could hear the ceremony even though it was at the beach. Thanks, Eric for being a part of my wedding and making our day one to remember! You rock!

Profile Picture User5152272, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We are so so glad we picked Eric to DJ our wedding!! He was fun, excited, and extremely helpful in our planning process. He even came out to the dance floor during our reception when he could tell the whole dance floor wanted to dance to the "wobble" but no one knew where to start. Having him and his helper John Provide the music for our ceremony, and DJ our reception was by far one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding!

Profile Picture User4660520, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I booked Atlantic Premier after talking on the phone with Eric. My husband and I met with him closer to the wedding and before I knew it we were laughing and chatting like old friends. He was great! Very go with the flow on the day of the wedding! Would definitely recommend him!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 4/16/16, 14 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Do-Not-Play List

We couldn't be happier with the service provided by Atlantic Premier Entertainment. The booking process was very simple, and they took the time to learn about us and to find out what type of feel we wanted for our wedding. DJ Jeremy did a fantastic job! He met with us to help us select music for our ceremony, and took detailed notes about our special requests for the event. Jeremy kept the dance floor full all night with his awesome music selections, and we can't count the number of guests who told us it was the most fun wedding they had ever attended. A++++!!!

Profile Picture Linda, 12/5/15, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Eric was amazing at the wedding. He did what I asked and played music of all kinds. He was kind, polite and he has quite the great personality.. The same kind you want for a DJ at your big event!!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/26/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Eric was amazing! Our wedding was perfect because of him! He engaged all of the guests and even came up to dance with us on the dance floor! Very professional and accommodating! We loved working with him!

Profile Picture User5006030, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews