54 Reviews for Astoria World Manor

Event Rentals (3)
Event Planning (2)
54 Astoria World Manor Reviews

1.3

Not organized at all.. takes days to get a phone call back with answers. Very unprofessional.. felt like get em in get em out.. elevator broken, no A/C downstairs while waiting to go into Chapel.. Water dripping on Bride up at the front of the Chapel.. Couldn’t use the studio for pictures because there were people in there.. Cake was disgusting.. Crammed in the room had no where to move between tables.. 2 moving bars for over 200 people.. Not wanting to listen to my problems to give me any compensation for what i had to go through.. Yes this is an inexpensive venue but not worth all the aggravation.. Pay more to go somewhere else.

Profile Picture Christina, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Chairs, Parking

We had our wedding there July 8, 2018 and it was perfect. The manager Kevin was very professional and helpful. The maitre'd Chucky that was assigned to us that night was awesome. He made the night perfect. The food, cake and drinks were really good. Will definitely recommend.

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 7/8/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Weddings are the most important moment for one. And Astoria provide the best service ever. Food was awesome, that till this day people are still talking about it. The cake was phenomenal. I am so happy with everything. There wasn’t no bad thing to say just that I wish I could relive it again.

Profile Picture Yesenia, 5/12/18, 1 Review
4.7

I had my wedding here last week. I must say overall I had a great experience however, I did have a few little hiccups that I want to share. The venue is a little dated, but still beautiful. I had my wedding in the Gold room which is the nicest room (in my opinion). I didn't care for the bridal suite, very 1970's. The food was amazinggggggggggg. The drinks were excellent. Kevin (my banquet manager) was awesome and kept in contact with me every step of the way to ensure that I was satisfied. The staff was courteous and effective. I emailed Kevin a cake I wanted. He said it could be done. The cake at my wedding was similar but not what I asked for, still good. I didn't like that the cake was cut so small, my guest complained they were done in 1 bite. My cake topper which was given to another banquet manager was never put on my cake. The photo booth that they rented for me through their vendor (Orchid Bridal) was terrible. The pictures were blurry and my guest complained they couldn't get it to work. The chapel was beautiful. I love the photo rooms that they have available, due to snow the night before the ground was slushy and we couldn't go outside to take photos. AWM is affordable.
Everyone made me feel special and my wedding went smoothly. I would definitely plan another event with AWM and I highly recommend them for your special event.

Photo for Astoria World Manor Review - Left: Cake I asked for
Right: Cake at my wedding
Profile Picture Tessie, 2/18/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

I had my baby shower party here yesterday and everything was PERFECT!!!!!! Kevin the manager is amazing and had listened to exactly what we wanted for our party!! The staff was wonderful!!!!! The place was immaculately clean!!!! The food was amazing!!!! We also loved our cake, popcorn machine, chocolate fountain, cotton candy, the centerpieces, and the magician!!!! The maitre'd was the sweetest woman EVER!!!! She helped me with whatever I needed. And the entire Astoria Manor staff was just the kindest and most helpful people and extremely great!!!!! This place is AMAZING!!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

My husband and I got married here about a week ago. The staff did an amazing job and every one was extremely helpful. We organized the event with Kevin who helped us through every step . Thank you for the wonderful experience !

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

This was for my daughter's Sweet 16. Astoria World Manor did a great job. Everything was done just as we wanted it, and the level of professionalism was very high. We were happy.

Profile Picture Richard, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wonderful venue to hold an affair. The food was delicious and the staff was very attentive to my guests needs. If ever I plan on holding another party, this is the place to hold it..Thank you all for your professionalism, you quality of service and making my 25th Anniversary one to remember.

Profile Picture Linda, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My wedding at Astoria World Manor was fantastic. All my guest left so happy, food was great. The maitre d assigned to us was excellent, made sure my husband and I were taken care of throughout our time there. And our banquet manager Jay Ahn was AWESOME, he made our wedding planning soo easy, very little of my time was put in because he did almost everything for us. He was/is great!

Profile Picture Rita, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Chairs, Indoor

I was very happy with services from the management and staff. The layout of the hall, the colors, the foods all was excellent.
If I was to keep another event it will certainly be at Astoria Wold Manor.

Profile Picture Dennis, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Excellent service! All of our guests were very happy. Good food too.

Profile Picture Amy, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Astoria Manor was highly recommended to us. We also recommend their services. Professional staff . They knew exactly what we wanted in our daughter's sweet sixteen.
If you happen to be Dominican I recommend Astoria Manor and Mr. Eleven in particular.

Thank you Astoria Manor.

PS they workeworked very well with my support staff. EX. THE PLANNER, THE DJ, THE MASTER OF CEREMONY, THE DECORATORATOR AND ESPECIALLY ME AND MY FAMILY

MUCH AS GRACIA

Profile Picture Ernesto, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake
1.0

Best overall division made in planning the event. Took a lot of the stress off our backs.

Thank you very much Kevin and Astoria World Manor

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ernesto, 6/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake

Our dream was complete with this amazing people!!
Kevin you are .... awesome!!
Claudia and all the crew!!
If I married again!! I will chose you !!
Astoria world Manor ......
Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Jose, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I celebrated my 20th Wedding anniversary in Astoria Manor. The price that was quoted was great for my budget. I will tell you this the experience was definitely not low budget!!! From the chapel to the food it was too notch!! I never had to ask for anything all night!!! I'm definitely using them again in the future!!!!

Profile Picture Adele, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our daughter's Sweet 16 party as Astoria Manor on April 8, 2017. Everyone had a blast! Our Maitre'd Angie was excellent, the food was delicious and the service was exceptional!

Profile Picture Nadine, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I had such an amazing time at my wedding yesterday, the only thing I hated was how fast everything went by. Juan was amazing in helping me and my fiance pick the perfect room and all the amazing food for our guests. It was delicious and the cake was amazing. The guests loved every part of it! Thank you guys

Profile Picture Samantha, 7/30/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Chairs, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor
0.5

Helpful hints on how to have a successful part/wedding at the Astoria World Manor
1. Bring your accountant or financial advisor with you to review their calculations – simple addition – even with a calculator – is beyond their scope. If you don’t review their calculations, you will end up paying for their errors.

2.While you are at it, have someone review the fine print of the contract. Astoria Manor’s management team does not believe in verbal disclosures about additional fees or gratuities – they quote you the base price and it is up to you to figure out the final cost. They prey on trusting immigrant individuals.

3.If you have any questions or concerns, do not ask their management team to return your call – at best they will have a staff member call you back.

4.If you can afford it and if you are having a large affair bring your own additional staff. Waiters are minimally responsive to the needs of the guests. We had about 650 guests and they certainly do not have enough staff to handle such an event – even though they brag about being able to accommodate 700+

5.If you have recently purchased a used car, please bring the salesman with you because they will be on the same page with Astoria World Manor’s team- whom I found to be shady, non-cooperative and non-responsive.

This was the third wedding that I hosted – first time at Astoria World Manor. I found the management team to be rude, deceptive and certainly not worth the final cost that I ended up paying for the event. I guess I should have taken the advice of others and lined Juan’s pockets with a few $100’s to ensure that everything goes smoothly. Your wedding is a special event and should be handling by professional caring individuals. STAY AWAY FROM THEM

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User6820277, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

WHAT AN UNFORGETTABLE NIGHT!!! At first I was skeptical about this venue because I thought it was too close to where I live but at the end of the night, i was extremely happy with the customer service and food at this place. We had the privilege to have Jay Ahn as our wedding coordinator. He was extremely patient as well as professional and an amazing personality. If I was to hire him again I definitely would. He never pressured us and was willing to listen to our questions and requests. We chose to have the buffet style dinner over the usual sit down waiter served menu and I must say, I was very impressed. The cake was provided by them and it was so delicious. The whole staff was wonderful, I couldn't be more happier to have our reception at Astoria World Manor! -Javier and Daisy.

Profile Picture Javier, 11/20/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

AWM was the best choice for my wedding!! The staff was very polite and the service was awesome!!!

Profile Picture latisha, 9/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Indoor, Cake, Event Rentals, Chairs, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

The location was beautiful. All my guest loved ithe environment. I had my party in the fountain room and it was just right. They provided us with favors and a few helpful things I didn't have to deal with. Everyone said the wedding cake was delicious but wished they had seconds. There was so much food but the only complaints about it was the rice was so hard. I wished it would have lasted longer, no one wanted to leave. Thank you to the young man that helped me that day, a few things went wrong but he was there to help me!!

Profile Picture User5161599, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.1

We chose this venue because it was affordable and was also conveniently located.
However, we wish that their venue could have been a bit more clean...
Also, our Maitre d ' was unfortunately not so professional. We wish they could have communicated
with us more in details about what to prepare for the reception as well as its rundown.

Despite some negative aspects, we still had a wonderful time there and our guests also enjoyed
the whole ceremony and reception very much. We are also glad that our photos came out so well!
(We did not use their photo studio because they unfortunately did not look so attractive to us....)

Profile Picture User5353274, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Astoria World Manor is a great place for those who want an elegant affair but are on a budget. You get a lot for your money. The venue is beautifully decorated and has a large parking lot to accommodate lots of guests. Additionally, the staff are really helpful and very willing to work with you to make your vision come to life. We had our wedding ceremony and reception here. The pro was that our guests did not have to leave the venue. The con was that they had weddings scheduled back to back, and we were sandwiched in the middle so it felt a bit rushed. However, if you are having your ceremony elsewhere and reception here it is well worth it. Our guests loved it and so did we.

Profile Picture User4517034, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
3.4

I had my wedding here on May 2, 2015. I decided to cater my own wedding because of the bad reviews about the food. First let me give praise for the staff. They were phenomenal, everything I asked for they did. My guest loved them! Jay was our point of contact and he did a great job. He was professional and took a lot of stress off of me. I am a Executive Chef and The owner of an Event Planning company. So to have someone with the same standards as myself was extremely helpful. Now on to the bad!
I had my kitchen meet my son and sister at the hall to oversee the traying of the food. I sent the food warm so it only needed about 1/2 hour warming time. The Astoria Chef's told my sister and son, as well as my staff, "Don't worry about the heating they will handle it." Needless to say my guest ate cold food. Why because I was also told that hot water was replaced with cold water in the Chaffing dishes! This again was done on the order of the kitchen staff of Astoria. I sent an email requesting a sit down with all parties involved and have been ignored. As a professional chef this was unacceptable. As the Bride I am hurt and ashamed! What was supposed to be a happy day for me turned into a nightmare! I am still hearing "the food was cold but good!" How embarrassing and the kitchen staff of Astoria should be ashamed of themselves, but I bet they could care less in seeing their actions on my Wedding Day!

Profile Picture User5392379, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I hosted my wedding at Astoria on April 12th, 2015. I absolutely loved it! My banquet manager was Kevin and he was awesome and so patient with us. We originally book The Galapagos Arts Space in Downtown Brooklyn, but they closed down 3 months before our wedding and returned our money. At first we were devastated but I must say, I AM SO HAPPY I FOUND ASTORIA WORLD MANOR.
We held out ceremony in the Chapel located in the lower level of Astoria World Manor. This was an additional $375 if I’m not mistaken. They allowed us to decorate it any way we wanted and we occupied it for about 30-45 minutes. They gave us two bridal suites and ensured that refreshments were served regularly up until the end of cocktail hour.
We held our reception in the Empire Room. I had about 94 guests and it sat everyone comfortably. My guest said the cocktail hors d'oeuvres were phenomenal. There was soooooo much food, OMG! I barely got a chance to eat but when I did it was great. About 80% of my guest LOVED the food selection. & it was HOT! Thank GOD. Sometimes buffet style food comes cold and I would have died. They provided us with a cake and a fruit display with our name carved in it. We purchased a package deal that included a projector, a projector screen, a champagne tower (unlimited), and a photo booth (unlimited pictures). This package cost us about $1000 on top of the original cost. Speaking of cost, since we had our wedding on a Sunday it was a little cheaper. We paid approximately $55 per person. There was a small service fee and a maître-D fee. They have a studio garden for photos. It was awesome. The photo came out great. They also provided additional favors. Overall the place was clean, the staffs were friendly, it was affordable and I had an amazing Banquet manager. I am so happy I hosted my wedding at AWM.

If you have any question please feel free to contact me. (Sjenkins0288@yahoo.com) I know I wish I had someone to help me when I was selecting a venue.

Profile Picture Staraisha & Kenyetta, 4/12/15, 2 Reviews