Ashly Kaye's Catering Services Reviews

25 | Orange, VA

25 Reviews for Ashly Kaye's Catering Services

Pam · Married on 04/27/2019

Spring Wedding

Ashley and her servers were absolutely wonderful. They were professional and attentive. The food was absolutely delicious. Ashley and her team go above and beyond to remove the wedding stress. I would highly recommend her for any event you need catered. My family and I will use her for future events and we will recommend her to everyone we know that needs catering services.

Sent on 04/30/2019

Michael · Married on 04/20/2019

Couldn’t ask for anything more!

Absolutely amazing Great value

Sent on 04/25/2019

Kim Richey · Married on 03/29/2019

Delicious food/ professional service

Ashly and her staff were wonderful to work with. The food was great and the staff was prompt, professional and very kind. They were reliable from the planning stage, through the event and cleanup. Our guests really enjoyed the food and we certainly recommend Ashly for your event and we have already booked her again for another wedding later this year.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Myca · Married on 09/01/2018

Ashly Kaye's Catering Service was perfect for our wedding! Ashly was very responsive, she made the tasting so painless, and really thought about our needs as a couple. Once the big day arrived, Ashly's catering employees were prompt, kind, and on their game. All employees put their best foot forward and cleaned up better than I've seen any catering company in my life. I never once was worried about the catering. Thank you Ashly!

Sent on 10/14/2018

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2018

We would highly recommend Ashly for any occasion!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Lindsay · Married on 08/04/2018

Ashly Kayes went above and beyond my wildest dreams to make my wedding special. From the rehersal dinner through the reception all I heard were compliments from the guests stating how delicious the food was. Her team set up tables, center pieces, and the bar. They were amazing. I will never think of anyone else when I need catering services. Ashly was communicative, resourceful, responsive, and on top of every detail! Two weeks later and I am still in awe of how amazing our day was, and also how it wouldnt have come close without her and her team!!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Monica · Married on 03/24/2018

Ashly Kaye was recommended to us by our venue, Rose Hill Manor, and boy are we glad we hired her! If you're looking for a down-to-Earth, no-frills, yummy buffet service, you need to hire Ashly Kaye. She's super-communicative and typically responds to questions within a day or so, and maybe a within few days during the busy season (totally understandable). All of our guests keep telling us to this day how AWESOME the food was! For what you're getting, the value of the services that Ashly Kaye provides just can't be beat. She accommodated us for two tastings, and was willing to be flexible with us on our menu choices, since we needed Chinese food. Everything turned out great, and we didn't have to take home too many leftovers since our guests just couldn't get enough!

If you want some decorations by the buffet area, you'll have to provide them yourself--but they can set it up for you! In this area, you can't find caterers who will beat the price points and menu options Ashly Kaye offers. From set-up to clean up, they are the best! Ashly went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy!!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Kayla · Married on 04/22/2017

We booked a Taco Bar for our April Wedding! The food and service was excellent. Multiple times the Cater's checked to make sure we were enjoying everything. I would definitely use Ashly Kaye's again for any event. Also it was great that they provided dining ware and also packaged our leftovers!

Sent on 05/01/2017

She was awesome to work with! I will definitely be using her for any future event that I may have.. She was very flexible and helpful the entire time..

Sent on 06/10/2017

LW · Married on 12/17/2016

Ashly Bond was wonderful to work with. She quickly responded to our inquiries. She provided a full and excellent tasting experience. She worked with us to develop a menu to fit the event. She was flexible with menu choices. We tried about six vendors and while others had food that tasted okay Ashly's food was by far the best and she also had a very reasonable pp cost.
    There was bad weather predicted for the day of the event. Ashly called and shared her plan for being there and ready to go. Despite the icy morning Ashly was there with her team. They served excellent food on time and in a very professional manner. This despite issues with a cold venue and broken plumbing.
    I would highly recommend this caterer! Ashly

Sent on 12/23/2016

Patricia · Married on 09/24/2016

Absolutely amazing. Ashly Kaye's was recommenced to me, and I am so happy that I took that advice. Lets start with the food. It was DELICIOUS, I had so much left over and I ate it for a week straight and never got tired of it. The coleslaw was so delicious. The service, we had Nellie as our bartender and caterer and she was beyond amazing. She went above and beyond. She made sure my hand always had a drink in it and she made mine and my husbands plate for us. She was constantly asking me what I needed, I can tell you how happy I was with her service. Her and her fiance were awesome bartenders and every single guest was amazed with the service. I will use them ANYTIME I need catering from here on out.

Sent on 10/08/2016

Jeff · Married on 10/17/2015

Ashley was amazing. She worked with me and my beautiful bride to find a menu that was delicious and well within our budget. There was plenty of food and drink for everyone. Her server was polite and made sure I never ran out of bubbly. :) Amazing service from an amazing chef!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Ashly Kaye's Catering Services's reply:

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You all were a wonderful couple and we wish you nothing but happiness!
  • W

wendy · Married on 12/27/2012

I as the Mother of the Groom was a wreck. All I can say is Thank God for Ashly. I would highly recommend her to anyone. She brings a calmness to the event because you have no doubt she has everything under control. Great Food, Prices and Exceptional Service with a Smile I already have another event lined up with her in May and a Wedding hopefully for next year.

Sent on 04/19/2015

Jamie · Married on 11/18/2017

When we were choosing a caterer we wanted someone who was affordable, with a diverse menu, and easy to work with. Ashly Kayes catering was all of these. Her staff at the wedding were excellent and went above and beyond to make sure everyone was happy and even helped clean up the venue. They were flexible. They started service drinks and appetizers early since our wedding started late. The food was good and the price was excellent. I would highly recommend Ashly Kaye's catering. Good food, at a great price, with excellent service before and during the wedding!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Alexandra · Married on 04/18/2015

Ashly was wonderful! I highly recommend her services. She is very flexible and easy to work with. Her food was amazing and plenty to feed everyone. She is so pleasant and very professional. The food table was gorgeous. She will be my go to person in the future.

Sent on 04/22/2015

Jason B · Married on 03/23/2019

Best Value in the Region

Ashly Kaye's was by far the absolute best choice for us and hands-down the best value in the region. The meals were exactly as delicious as the taste test. Ashly was very accommodating to our busy schedule and was very prompt returning communications. We planned our own wedding, so she had to keep up with a little wedding planning inexperience on our part, but it was smooth as buttercream. She even gave us some pointers and suggestions when we were laying out our venue - table locations, flow, decoration, anything she has learned in her tenure in professional catering was at our disposal. Our guests could not say enough about the food. It all was made with one goal in mind - to make our day memorable and amazing. We highly suggest Ashly if you are within her region!

Sent on 04/07/2019

kimberly · Married on 05/06/2017

Ashly Kaye's Catering was SPECTACULAR. I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend their services.

We LOVED their food and it was super affordable. The food is high class and comfort food all rolled together.

Ashly is a very kind woman. We really enjoyed meeting her. Turned out her staff was equally incredible. They were on their game and super helpful throughout the night. They took care of all the details of setting up the decor and buffets with no issues. We did not have to ask them for anything. They were courteous and kind to our guests. Everyone was happy with the food. And most importantly, they responded to anything we needed. Like when the cake was in danger of being trampled in two different spots near the dance floor, they moved it to safety.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Emma · Married on 04/28/2018

3.5

Ashly Kaye Catering was amazing to work with for our wedding. They went above and beyond to help set up our flowers and decor, the food was delicious, and the staff was wonderful! Thank you for making the day so stress free and delivering such a wonderful experience! I would highly recommend them for your next event.

Sent on 05/05/2018
  • Nicole

Nikki Wellington · Married on 07/06/2019

Delicious food for our wedding!

From the moment we met for our tasting with Ashly Kaye's, we were impressed. There are a wide variety of options and packages, and we were able to put together a perfect menu within our budget. There were a couple of miscommunications between what we had arranged with Ashly, and what the staff for the wedding were expecting to provide. However, they did provide the services we had arranged for, and everything was beautiful and so tasty!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Eminlevo · Married on 06/24/2016

3.5

Ashly and her crew were amazing on the day of our wedding. Very professional and accommodating all along until the actual day. I will book her again and again without hesitating.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2010

Ashly was wonderful to work with! She provided not only our food, but also our bartender, linens, dishes and cake. Everything went wonderfully thanks to her. The food was great and we got a lot of compliments on how wonderful the cake was. I would highly recommend using ashly. She was fantastic to work with!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Rachel · Married on 08/19/2017

2.5

Ashly Kaye catered our wedding and it was fantastic. Her catering is delicious for an affordable price. I had a few issues getting in contact with her, but once we connected she was more than accommodating. You should definitely use Ashly for your next event.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Douglas · Married on 08/25/2018

3.2
      1.5
      2.0

The overall experience with Ashly was okay and I only say that due to her attentiveness and willingness to help getting extra things done, but we would’ve loved to see more passion and dedication from her cooking staff reflected in the preparation of the menu item as there was an enormous deviation in the quality of food served to us during the tasting vs. what was served on our wedding day. A great example of this short coming was with two of the three main dishes we ordered, the seafood paella and chicken marsala. I was unable to recognized these items when they were placed on my dishes and had to ask the server what they were as the look and taste left a lot to wish for. Again, Ashly's service was great, but she needs to work with her team on the preparation of the food served on the day of the event just as hard as she does on the day of the tasting.

Sent on 09/06/2018

Tammy · Married on 06/09/2018

3.2
      3.0
      3.0

Food was extremely bland and dry. Guests wanted salt and pepper and there was none. Staff was friendly and very accommodating though.

Sent on 08/09/2018
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 02/23/2019

2.4
      2.0

Subpar food and poor communication

My experience with Ashly started out great, she was very helpful and provided information even though responses were a little delayed. She met us in the middle of the week for our tasting and even though she had to drive about an hour to meet us with the food everything tasted amazing. Her price was amazing compared to what we had received from more local caterers, I had assumed that this was because of her location and not being directly tied to a venue. Overall it took awhile to receive responses to any of my questions, but she was plenty fast to respond when it was something that she wanted. When it came time for my final balance to be paid, I paid prior to the required date via a listed method on her invoice (invoice was through PayPal, I used the pay with bank option). She immediately emailed me saying that she needed to cancel this because she wouldn't have the funds soon enough and I would have to pay a different way. I found it extremely odd and unprofessional that a business doesn't have the funds to cover their events in these situations as well as how she communicated with me. There was quite a bit of back and forth, a huge amount of stress that I would be out my money and have a caterer back out on me. Everything turned out fine in the end as far as that goes but it was still unnecessarily stressful 9 days prior to my wedding.

As far as the food and the actual catering for the event goes, it was ok but that's it. The hor d'oeuvres were good from what I had and what I was told, but I was told at our tasting that we would have a plate of them at our table since we would be busy with pictures. We didn't get that so unfortunately I missed out on most of that. For the buffet food the meat was extremely dry and tough, I only took a few bites before I pushed it to the side. The sides were great, the baked mac n' cheese was very good. We had plated salads for everyone and it was a very good salad, I actually would have had seconds on it! The staff overall was good, it took awhile for them to clear plates and my dj actually ended up clearing our plates so they wouldn't be in pictures. The bartenders were fantastic and super personable.

I had some feedback from a few of my vendors that they were told that there were only 4 vendor plates available when I had been told that there would be 10 available. Also when it came time to cut and serve the cake we were told that they didn't have forks for the cake and they had already cleared peoples plates and forks so no one had anything at their table. They ended up supplying the cocktail forks from the meatballs for people to eat their cake with.

Sent on 03/14/2019